Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 9/13/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

I also think she looks like she has gained weight.  Wonder if it's menopause related?

Possibly, in which case I feel for her.  That's a difficult phase.  It might also explain why she looks so fatigued.  I hope there's nothing more serious going on.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Reese:  People wonder if you really like each other. 
Joy:  We’ll, now, yeah. 

Oooh.... is that what she said?...LOL.   I couldn't make out what was said in the CST broadcast.  I could tell a comment was made from the audience reaction and laughter.  But the comment itself sounded like the mic was off.   But I knew it was something good when Whoopi said you never know what you'll get here as she threw to commercial.    I ❤️Joy.

• Love 6
On 9/14/2021 at 12:21 AM, Bronzedog said:

Nothing against today’s guest, Andrew Garfield, I think his name is, but, who on earth is going to go to a movie about Jim and Tammy Faye Baker?  I’m not even sure anyone under 55 has ever heard of them.

I'm just under 55 lol.  I'm 48. I want to watch it. I find it interesting.  The whole story is crazy. What's fascinating  is that Jim Bakker is back on TV asking for money and "preaching " with a new wife. After prison and Rape allegations  and fraud, people will still send him money and tune in, unbelievable. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

Today was a great show. I especially loved the interview with Tarana Burke. Frankly, she should have been one of the first guests to appear when the #MeToo started. Because SHE is the one who started that movement; not Hollywood in the wake of exposing Weinstein.

At least Sunny wasn't looking down when speaking today. But those eyelashes have got to go.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Tunia said:

It's a rare day when Whoopi is the most "put together" panelist, but today was one of those days.

Sara had her haunted eye look, Joy looked like she just rolled in from yardwork, and WTH is with Sunny's "look" this season?  Sunny hasn't looked well since their return...her weight is up, her hair is funky and her make-up is shiny and off.  Not long ago, she was glammed up and ready to hit the nightlife.  They all looked better when working from home.  What happened to the show's hair and make-up staff?

Gosh, I've been thinking the same since the first day! Sara needs to stop with the fake hair. I keep wondering if it is left over from Meghan. Sunny's hair has gone from bad to worse.

Are the hair and makeup people on strike?

• Love 3
4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And Whoopi was wearing LIPSTICK today, y'all!

What the HELL?!😅😅

I noticed that too! Unless it’s that 24 hour stuff from the event she went to. 
in my neck of the woods Reese sorta froze when the “getting along “ statement she made and Rosies name wasn’t mentioned.  Was it a general comment for Joy saying yeah we get along with former panelist now? Or was Rosies name said by Reese. 

Edited by athousandclowns
Typo
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Guess what, y'all? She's back to "Welcome to the View, y'all!" and "What the HELL?" Just makes me 😅

Whoopi, born Caryn Johnson on November 13, 1955, grew up in the multicultural public housing projects of New York City's Chelsea neighborhood. She made her performing debut at age 8 with the children's theatre at the Hudson Guild community center.

2 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

I also think she looks like she has gained weight.  Wonder if it's menopause related?

I seem to recall her being sick at one time and losing a lot of weight due to that. When I noticed her weight gain, I thought that could be the case that she was healthier and the Covid 2O (pounds). I hope she is okay but this menopause shit is not for the weak so if she is dealing with that, she has my sympathy.

I really detest the over made eye makeup that they are doing on everyone and have been doing for a while. I don't want to see them done up like Real Housewives. I was hoping that Covid  and working from home would make people more casual. The funny thing is that I recall a pic of Sunny from some event with her family (I can't remember what it was, but it involved a priest, I think?) and Sunny was wearing a sack and some Crocs--but she wants to come to The View like she walked on a runway in a bush of flowers with her hair wet and the obligatory Bambi lashes she tends to sport. Maybe she is going to take up Meghan's crasy ass hair habit. I hope not. I would like to see a natural look on her-even if just one day-I would like to see her dressed like a prosecuter and without the lashes.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

I noticed that too! Unless it’s that 24 hour stuff from the event she went to. 
in my neck of the woods Reese sorta froze when getting along statement she made and Rosies name wasn’t mentioned. Was it a general comment for Joy saying yeah we get along with former panelist now? Or was Rosies name said by Reese. 

No, Rosie's name wasn't mentioned. When Reese said "you all get along", Joy said, "well now, yeah" which was a dig at the person who just left the show.

9 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

Whoopi, born Caryn Johnson on November 13, 1955, grew up in the multicultural public housing projects of New York City's Chelsea neighborhood. She made her performing debut at age 8 with the children's theatre at the Hudson Guild community center.

Confused why you posted this in response to me stating that Whoopi resumed saying "Welcome to the View, y'all"? 

• LOL 1

Re: weight -- TBH, my impression from the moment they returned was that they all look like they gained weight except for Sara. But that's completely understandable since they had been at home with no reason to leave for the past year and a half. Whereas Sara was mostly in studio for View Your Deal, plus flying around to film The Chase. I'm sure being active will help them to get back to normal over time.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:
3 hours ago, Tunia said:

Sunny hasn't looked well since their return...her weight is up, her hair is funky and her make-up is shiny and off. 

Sunny also lost her mother-in-law and father-in-law due to Covid and her whole family is grieving.  The grieving process takes it toll on your physical, emotional and spiritual well being.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 9/14/2021 at 6:20 AM, Haleth said:

Being well over 55 I remember them well and have no interest in the movie anyway.  Tammy Fay was such a caricature and their money grubbing was distasteful.  

So, wait.  The 12 kids were split into 2 of the classes?  Mary K implied that all 12 were held in a separate class with no white students.  Was she deliberately misleading the audience to invoke anger?

right -   Perhaps the principal didn't want each class to have two "token" black students, which would have been, in my opinion, worse. 

1 hour ago, movingtargetgal said:

Sunny also lost her mother-in-law and father-in-law due to Covid and her whole family is grieving.  The grieving process takes it toll on your physical, emotional and spiritual well being.   

True, but this is a sudden change in her appearance.  More than the weight, I think it's her hair that is changing her appearance so much.  A month ago (when the last season ended), she looked groomed, fluffed and perky to the point where many viewers were commenting about how over-the-top she appeared.  Now, just a few weeks later, she looks fatigued and drawn and, dare I say, depressed...like she isn't bothering to put in the time to groom and dress as she once did.   Despite the passings in their family, she was still always put together even while going through the brunt of it.   Maybe it's just temporary, but her look this week hasn't been good.  Her face and eyes even look different.

Edited by Tunia
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

I wish they would go back to having the women sit at regular height chairs at a table, instead of the bar/counter height stools.  Especially considering the age of some of the hosts, sitting on chairs where your feet can reach the floor is much more comfortable and safe, than being perched on a stool.  

• Love 17

7 minutes ago, Tunia said:

True, but this is a sudden change in her appearance.  More than the weight, I think it's her hair that is changing her appearance so much.  A month ago (when the last season ended), she looked groomed, fluffed and perky to the point where many viewers were commenting about how over-the-top she appeared.  Now, just a few weeks later, she looks fatigued and drawn and, dare I say, depressed...like she isn't bothering to put in the time to groom and dress as she once did.   Despite the passings in their family, she was still always put together even while going through the brunt of it.   Maybe it's just temporary, but her look this week hasn't been good.  Her face and eyes even look different.

Maybe sorrow about sending Gabe off to college is contributing to her appearance too?

• Love 12
Just now, Haleth said:

Maybe sorrow about sending Gabe off to college is contributing to her appearance too?

LOL - If that's the reason, she needs to "snap out of it"*!  I admit to tears when I sent off my two, but that was Day #1, not two weeks later.

*TM Loretta Castorini (Cher),  Moonstruck

• Love 4
8 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Today was a great show. I especially loved the interview with Tarana Burke. Frankly, she should have been one of the first guests to appear when the #MeToo started. Because SHE is the one who started that movement; not Hollywood in the wake of exposing Weinstein.

It's surprising to me it took so long to get her on. I'm glad they finally did.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I wish they would go back to having the women sit at regular height chairs at a table, instead of the bar/counter height stools.  Especially considering the age of some of the hosts, sitting on chairs where your feet can reach the floor is much more comfortable and safe, than being perched on a stool.  

ITA!  Have you noticed that Whoopi has a box under her feet so she can rest her feet on something?  In the early days they sat on a sofa which seemed much more comfortable.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
45 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

It doesn’t look like the stools have foot rests. Sitting with legs dangling is not a good health choice. There should be, a foot rest, a platform, or the seating needs to be lowered, IMO.

I agree.  Why would they have stools with  no place to put your feet? 

I too miss the regular table for hot topics and then the sitting area for guests.

When Reese was talking about having her first child she kept saying she was all alone with nobody to help her.  Did she forget she had a husband at the time?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Hmmm. Was Sunny shading a former cast member when she talked about how useless her Art History studies were? 🤔

Also: the Dear Evan Hansen people should have just committed to the Grease casting. Ben Platt looks even older next to the younger looking supporting cast.

Edited by Vanderboom
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

When Reese was talking about having her first child she kept saying she was all alone with nobody to help her.  Did she forget she had a husband at the time?

I think this is a lot of married women's experience who have children, at least that is what I have observed over the years-another reason I am childless. Also, Ryan Phillippe turned out to be a real piece of work..so that tracks, in my opinion.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I think this is a lot of married women's experience who have children, at least that is what I have observed over the years-another reason I am childless. Also, Ryan Phillippe turned out to be a real piece of work..so that tracks, in my opinion.

I thought about that but I don't think I had ever heard Reese talk badly about him publicly so it seemed out of character for her to throw shade at him.

And speaking of shade

3 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

Hmmm. Was Sunny shading a former cast member when she talked about how useless her Art History studies were? 🤔

I'm just going to assume she was. I wouldn't be surprised if we get a tweet from someone highlighting their art history degree.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

I'm just going to assume she was. I wouldn't be surprised if we get a tweet from someone highlighting their art history degree.

I have never even heard her drop even the tiniest nugget of knowledge from this Art degree, either. She is all excited about getting drawn into the Nicki Minaj drama so she is looking for more attention. Even a truck full of Jack Daniels would not quench that thirst. Sunny loves to shade and I am sure she saw all the stories about her having to be nice to meg. She doesn't have to do that anymore. I keep watching to see if she will unfollow her on Twitter. Today may be the day.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Another great show today! They were all engaged, talking, a little talking over each other, but not so you didn't hear what each was saying.

I didn't fast forward once. I haven't done that in over 20 years.

Whoopi's expression as Sunny went into a little girl's voice about pretending not to know how to use a remote control (really?), was PRICELESS.

More of this, please.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

I agree.  Why would they have stools with  no place to put your feet? 

I too miss the regular table for hot topics and then the sitting area for guests.

Having a husband dosen't mean help 😉

Obviously depending on the husband. 

Edited by Cozytea
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

Why would they have stools with  no place to put your feet?

I looked at them today, and they aren't stools, per se, but there are bars going across, where they can set their feet, so they're not dangling.

I really wish Ana had said what she wanted to in Spanish, even if it would have been bleeped out!

Oh, hey! Day Two in a Row that Whoopi was wearing lipstick, y'all! Aside from her eyebrows, she also had some make-up on! Just a touch.

Do we know which previous host will be on tomorrow? Or is it a sekrit? I mean, we knew Star was going to be on last week before she appeared.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Do we know which previous host will be on tomorrow? Or is it a sekrit? I mean, we knew Star was going to be on last week before she appeared.

There is no way it could be Barbara right?  The only one that would be a big deal is probably Rosie O'Donnell.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Ana's joke about Tucker Carlson defending a black woman was hilarious!

I thought the whole second half was hilarious, actually. The faking it discussion just kept on giving, but Sara loling at Sunny's "It's so heavy" was probably the highlight for me. The best show this week so far.

Iwas glad yesterday when there were only the four of them and Mary K whoever was only foisted on us for two days. And I'm happy again to get Ana a bonus day of the week now!

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Had a DDS appointment, so I am watching late today.  First off, Ana, yeah!! Second, what a truly enjoyable show, today.  some of the stuff was “laugh out loud funny”.  I think we have our panel, here.  You can tell that even the audience was excited to have Ana, her rapport with the others, is off the charts. This is the easy, breezy, View that I remember.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I thought the whole second half was hilarious, actually. The faking it discussion just kept on giving, but Sara loling at Sunny's "It's so heavy" was probably the highlight for me. The best show this week so far.

Iwas glad yesterday when there were only the four of them and Mary K whoever was only foisted on us for two days. And I'm happy again to get Ana a bonus day of the week now!

Omg she had me rolling.  But she's trying to hard and its not working.  Shes a natural wit, and that shines through.  Dont try so hard Girl, youre going to burn o ut.  Ana strap yourself to the seat!

1 hour ago, ifionlyknew said:

There is no way it could be Barbara right?  The only one that would be a big deal is probably Rosie O'Donnell.

I don't think to.  She's too frail and cannot risk anything getting the virus.  Wendy Williams just announced she's positive.  Her new shows pushed back to 10/4

On 9/15/2021 at 12:42 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

And Whoopi was wearing LIPSTICK today, y'all!

What the HELL?!😅😅

She's starting to come back to us after the last few years of darkness and evil.

On 9/15/2021 at 1:26 PM, ForumLou said:

Bwhahahah that one had me holding my insides in so to not not pee my pants LOLOOOL

And right before she said that line, i think Reese said something about their notoriety and Joy said ' oh we have books' lol and then said the we get along NOW line.  She's on a roll.  Tomorrow is her first day at Daily Mail.  We'll see how that goes.  No Backsies!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

The faking it discussion was funny AF, but theyve discussed it before i remember

• Love 2

I was thinking Rosie and my reasoning was they want it to be a surprise because they don't want egg on their faces if she pulls out at the last minute. 

• Love 1

The show has such a different vibe and everybody is radiating with happiness.  I loved Ana being on the show today.  This is how it should have always been: women engaging with one another discussing things that matter to them..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 9