Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 9/13/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

23 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Only Whoopi would think that people earning $500k+ shouldn’t pay more in taxes or that taking care of one’s freeloaders family is a good reason to not tax them more.

So what is her solution?  If the government needs more revenue who does Whoopi think should have to pay more? I have no doubt Whoopi has probably incorporated herself so she probably pays less in taxes than a lot of people who make a lot less than her.  

• Love 11

I don't have kids, but I heard if you were raising other people's kids, you could claim them on your income tax-you can claim your own kids too**

Now that the batshit crazy is gone from The View, Whoopi is back with it. You know what? I could support a lot of people with 500 thousand a year. Depending on how many people it is, we may have to eat some beans a rice a few days a week, but I could do it. 

Is getting microwaved after you die cheaper than cremation? I do presume it is faster. Did everyone watch her get microwaved or was it a private affair? Do you think they put the body in one of microwave type bags beforehand or do you watch your loved one melt and explode through the little window? I hope they at least served cocktails. RIP Whoopi's Jiffy Pop mom.

WTF WHOOPI?

• Useful 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2

🗣️📢 Whoopi, I'd like to let you know that you make millions on The View.

I guess she must also not know that some people do want more/ higher tax brackets... like AOC.

Poor Sara having to ring the bell so she can speak.

Edited by falltime
Added more
  • Love 9
14 hours ago, Tammy12 said:

When Mary Katharine Ham was talking about how united we were pos- 9/11 and how the anthem was for all of us then I was wishing she could talk with some of my Muslim-American friends about what life was like for them...

I thought the same, including my Sikh friends as well. Was she even in America then?

• Love 13

AOC's dress - Maybe it is me, but if I were "rich" and someone was wearing that dress, I wouldn't be persuaded that it was a good idea by it.  I'm not a fan of that kind of "message" clothing anyway, but if you want to get someone on your side, it would work better to be less confrontational, IMO.

• Love 3

There's just something about the guest host that creeps me out. For whatever it's worth, these two shows haven't been as good as last week's, not that I think that's necessarily due to the guest host. The only part that was really great was the brief look at their Behind the Table interview podcast. Nicolle talking about Rosie terrifying her and Joy describing how her brief firing by Barbara went had me laughing. Noticeably neither Rosie or Paula Faris were among the interviews.... Wonder why. Ugh. Just a lot of reminders of why I don't care for Whoopi, including how the show caters to her, although at least she doesn't poison the whole cart the way she did for a few years there.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 9

Oh, Gabrielle Union, I forgot about her. You know, for years, I wasn't crazy about Union. Something about her came across a great deal like Vivica Fox personality-wise... I guess sometimes you go by what you sense out of people. But the past few years, she's turned out to be nothing like I thought. I like her a great deal these days. Her dress was beautiful, too, unlike Whoopi who, while her hair was pretty nice, looked like she was trying to be Dumbledore.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
26 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

AOC's dress - Maybe it is me, but if I were "rich" and someone was wearing that dress, I wouldn't be persuaded that it was a good idea by it.  I'm not a fan of that kind of "message" clothing anyway, but if you want to get someone on your side, it would work better to be less confrontational, IMO.

Yeah she should have dressed in pauper's clothing with a dirty face and begged for money at the entrance like a proper poor. Amirite?

Edited by GiveMeSpace
misspelling
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Yeah she should have dressed in pauper's clothing with a dirty face and begged for money at the entrance like a proper poor. Amirite?

Haha! Well, that might have been an interesting change of pace for the Met Gala as well as AOC. If she was bent on using messaging on her clothes, maybe a softer way of saying it, like "Share the wealth", or "Give generously". 

• Love 2

I like how Whoopi made sure they showed a photo of her in her Gala outfit but when Sunny wanted to discuss what other people wore to the event, she acted like she was so above the conversation.  And speaking of which, am I the only one who just finds the Met Gala ridiculous overall?  Sure, a few of the celebrities that go look nice but most of them are just wearing ugly, over-the-top outfits that don't even fit within the vaguely definited theme of each year.  As for AOC's dress, I don't know.  There's something that rubs me wrong about wearing a dress that promotes taxing the rich while attending an event where tickets cost $35,000.  Though honestly I'm not sure if would really make a difference if you taxed the rich more anyway since your truly top tier uber rich people have lawyers and financial advisors who will be able to move and loophole their money in such a way that they'll never pay their fair share.  

• Love 10
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Just a lot of reminders of why I don't care for Whoopi, including how the show caters to her, although at least she doesn't poison the whole cart the way she did for a few years there.

We all know who Whoopi is.  The other one just made her look (marginally) better by comparison.

10 minutes ago, Snapdragon said:

As for AOC's dress, I don't know.  There's something that rubs me wrong about wearing a dress that promotes taxing the rich while attending an event where tickets cost $35,000. 

Do we know if AOC paid for her own ticket?  That is a ridiculous amount of money to spend on an event.

It reminds me of the criticism of the ritzy charity events that serve lobster and champagne and spend a ton of money on flowers and such. Why not just give that money to charity?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

I just watched Whoopi complain about the possibility of people making $500,000 and above being taxed more. Her argument was maybe those people are spending money on taking care of family members.  You know what happens when people making less than that complain about that?  They are told to get a second job. Whoopi can STFU about having to pay more.  

And you know Whoopi probably gets 3-5 million from The View every year (not including other things she might do). I don't think her exact salary is known, but I remember somewhere Joy was said to be making around 3 million. Naturally, Whoopi would be getting the most of everybody for having been on so long and being in the moderator's seat as well.

• Love 5

That amount for 1% income sure is different than I recall references over the years. I assumed it was mult billionaires Here in California it’s $ 659.000.

if you are raising grandkids etc you do claim them on taxes. ( you can claim your parents) I remember years ago my first husbands aunt took her sisters teens in when mother either was unable or died and she got monthly money for each kid and I used to  mumble under my breath that they’d get coffee and toast for breakfast.  It was good amount of money at the time and felt it was padding her income not  going to kids, her house was paid for so yes she’s housing  them but….. So Whoopi if you have to raise great grandkids apply to your state for assistance ( sarcasm) 

On a nasty note was that purple dress just to accommodate no bra? Ok then. 
edited-to add : I really liked the Gabriel Union segment. 

Edited by athousandclowns
Add typo
  • Love 3
33 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

I just watched Whoopi complain about the possibility of people making $500,000 and above being taxed more. Her argument was maybe those people are spending money on taking care of family members.  You know what happens when people making less than that complain about that?  They are told to get a second job. Whoopi can STFU about having to pay more.  

There are people who support families on $50,000. Whoopi's been so rich for so long that $500,000 isn't much to her. Even in the most expensive cities in the US, that is A LOT of money. 

• Love 12
12 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

There are people who support families on $50,000. Whoopi's been so rich for so long that $500,000 isn't much to her. Even in the most expensive cities in the US, that is A LOT of money. 

A few years ago I read an article that focused on people making around $250,000 a year and how they struggled.  They had an expensive mortgage. They had expensive car payments. They had student loans. They had private school tuition.  And the article was written as if readers were supposed to feel sorry for them.  You struggle making that much money then you need to change your lifestyle.  How many times have poor people been told to live within their means?  Same applies to rich people.

• Love 19
4 hours ago, falltime said:

This is an example of why I think Sara is wrong for this show. Need to be tough!

1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

And you know Whoopi probably gets 3-5 million from The View every year (not including other things she might do). I don't think her exact salary is known, but I remember somewhere Joy was said to be making around 3 million. Naturally, Whoopi would be getting the most of everybody for having been on so long and being in the moderator's seat as well.

Whoopi shouldn't being getting more $$ than Joy! 

Who were they just praising for being on the show when it first started 25 years ago??

Edited by Rightside
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

A few years ago I read an article that focused on people making around $250,000 a year and how they struggled.  They had an expensive mortgage. They had expensive car payments. They had student loans. They had private school tuition.  And the article was written as if readers were supposed to feel sorry for them.  You struggle making that much money then you need to change your lifestyle.  How many times have poor people been told to live within their means?  Same applies to rich people.

Exactly. I know a lot of folks like this. One couple I know, the wife made pretty good money but decided she wanted to be a stay at home mom. Her husband makes really good money and was totally fine with that. Their kids go to an expensive private school. They have a bunch of activities. The family regularly travels. They spend a lot on just about everything. Her husband just said they'd need a smaller home and to cut back a little. She was all boo hoo because she wanted to live in this really big house. Her lifestyle was still going to be good.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Rightside said:

This is an example of why I think Sara is wrong for this show. Need to be tough!

Who were they just praising for being on the show when it first started 25 years ago??

no no no no.  That would be so wrong and Joy would have Axx by the balls.it either matches or shes a lil more than W.  Unless Joy made some sort of a backdoor deal with said network.  Hmmm stocks maybe? 

17 hours ago, mtlchick said:

Mary Katherine seemed a bit smug 

I think you just hit on it for me...the reason I can't enjoy Mary Katharine...she's SMUG!  She's an enthusiastic, intelligent, know-it-all who's SMUG! 

Tone down Mary K.  Tone. It. Down.  (Although I hope you're not invited back in a panelist position.)   I had to look up the story of her marriage and her husband's death.  Very sad.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, MMEButterfly said:

I thought the same, including my Sikh friends as well.

One of whom was MURDERED in my area soon after 9/11...a nice man just running a gas station and raising a family--murdered because he wore a turban.

12 hours ago, Rightside said:
16 hours ago, falltime said:

Let's switch her seat with Sunny ... I think she'd do better when not so physically close to Whoopi.

13 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

You know what happens when people making less than that complain about that?  They are told to get a second job. Whoopi can STFU about having to pay more. 

She could...well, that ship has sailed.  She SHOULD have put her foot down decades ago.  She didn't "raise" her daughter in the early years and apparently that daughter (Alex) didn't develop the talent or skills to earn the kind of money Whoopi does.  Alex is accustomed to a certain HIGH STYLE of living...and so does her daughter...and so does HER daughter.  Apparently ONLY Whoopi can provide.

Her tax people should find ways to make her happy--point out all the taxes she's NOT paying.

12 hours ago, Rightside said:

I think we all agree.  Somehow Disney LOVES her and she can do no wrong.  She has to be the worst moderator on any level of television (even local cable).   Even if Whoopi left The View, she'd probably STILL make more money than Joy.   And to think that Barbara Walter's saved Whoopi's career.

19 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

If I have a shallow criticism, it's those caterpillars that are supposed to be fake eyelashes that Sunny wears, and her not looking at the camera when she's speaking.

She's starting to look worn out, unattractive, not well put-together, and THOSE EYELASHES!!!

• Love 1
16 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

There's just something about the guest host that creeps me out. For whatever it's worth, these two shows haven't been as good as last week's, not that I think that's necessarily due to the guest host. The only part that was really great was the brief look at their Behind the Table interview podcast. Nicolle talking about Rosie terrifying her and Joy describing how her brief firing by Barbara went had me laughing. Noticeably neither Rosie or Paula Faris were among the interviews.... Wonder why. Ugh. Just a lot of reminders of why I don't care for Whoopi, including how the show caters to her, although at least she doesn't poison the whole cart the way she did for a few years there.

I listened to the first episode of the podcast, it was fun because Joy and Meridith are fun together. Nothing was  revealed that we didnt already know.  I didn't see Elizabeth Hasselback  in the upcoming episodes  lol.

I've been enjoying The  View again. Nothing major to comment on just interesting fun conversations.  

My only complaint is here comes WG again complaining about money and all the people she supports.  I too enjoy a quiet Whoopi 😁.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Axie said:

I hope neither MKH or last week’s try out (already forgot who she was) don’t become permanent.

MKH is very pregnant.  But that means she won't be available to host for a while.

2 hours ago, Cozytea said:

My only complaint is here comes WG again complaining about money and all the people she supports.  I too enjoy a quiet Whoopi 😁.

Up next week:  Bike lanes.  And the week after that: Insurance premiums. 

Lather, rinse, repeat.  Whoopi's tired shtick is played out.  And if viewers weren't already sick & tired of listening to a rich celebrity complain about money problems before covid, I bet most of them will tire of it pretty quickly now.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Cozytea said:

49 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Lather, rinse, repeat.  Whoopi's tired shtick is played out.  And if viewers weren't already sick & tired of listening to a rich celebrity complain about money problems before covid, I bet most of them will tire of it pretty quickly now.

Now is definitely not the time for someone who has more money than most people will ever make in a lifetime to complain about having to possibly pay more in taxes.  

4 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

She SHOULD have put her foot down decades ago.  She didn't "raise" her daughter in the early years and apparently that daughter (Alex) didn't develop the talent or skills to earn the kind of money Whoopi does.  Alex is accustomed to a certain HIGH STYLE of living...and so does her daughter...and so does HER daughter.  Apparently ONLY Whoopi can provide.

Last week when Whoopi was giving advice about how you have to let your children go my first thought was what if the kid won't go like your daughter Alex.   I understand if you are rich you want your kids to never have to struggle but as far as I know Whoopi has supported her daughter and her son in law forever.  I get helping out but this just seems to be straight up financing their lives. I'm assuming she has them on her payroll in some capacity because she mentioned her daughter was expecting a tax refund.  If Whoopi wants to keep more of her money perhaps she should consider paying her daughter less rather than pay less taxes. 

Edited by ifionlyknew
  • Love 5

Whoopi always taking the pro-Manny stance versus Sunny... Transparent. Imagine if Sunny had been the one who had restricted the children's access, you know she would be rolling her eyes at Sunny as if she was craycray.

Sara's argument only makes sense if you treat the whole thing as a hypothetical that never happened, never would happen. If Trump had launched a nuclear attack after the insurrection failed and China responded with an attack of their own, and hundreds or thousands of people had been harmed on our soil in some way all because the president wanted an excuse to suspend the transfer of power, she'd be saying somebody should've intervened. That issue is one that transcended "both sides" party politics.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Up next week:  Bike lanes.  And the week after that: Insurance premiums. 

But we have been spared the “welcome to The View, welcome to The View “ (x 10) and so far, no Valley Girl. So, count our blessings!

• Useful 2
  • Love 11

I don't know. I think the past five years of this show, which admittedly, I didn't watch all, traumatized and angered me to the point where I don't mind Whoopi's selfish, ignorant stupidity. At least she isn't spreading lies or disinformation that could get people killed.

Because among all that nonsensical gibberish, there are times when Whoopi has something intelligent to say.

Guess what, y'all? She's back to "Welcome to the View, y'all!" and "What the HELL?" Just makes me 😅

• LOL 2
  • Love 11

It’s a nice change that when the hosts get into it like they started to  this morning over the potential nuclear attack, they come back from an ad and everything’s copacetic.  No one’s pouting.

• Love 16

I like Whoopi's jacket-the colors are lovely on her. Sunny-no. Did you get caught in a downpour? Sarah looks really tall in that outfit and there is not much you can do to make her look bad. Joy is Evergreen. She looks nearly the same as she did 25 years ago. 

I would love to see that Lion King show. The movie came out when my stepdaughter was five and we must have watched it a thousand times. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

would love to see that Lion King show. The movie came out when my stepdaughter was five and we must have watched it a thousand times. 

We took the kids years ago when a traveling company was here. It is spectacular.  I cried too. 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I like Whoopi's jacket-the colors are lovely on her. Sunny-no.

She would have looked better at the Met Gala in that than that ugly purple mostrosity.  How can the co-hosts be telling her how great she looked?  Not at all flattering  - looks like something you could lay down and be pushed around to clean the floors.

• Love 6

I loved the conversation withTarana Burke. And not to bring up you know who, but I loved watching the interview and not preparing myself for you know who, to be the MOST outraged about women's sexual assaults. It was an informative  conversation without one person trying to act as if they owned the outrage. It's nice again on The View. 

• Love 8

It's a rare day when Whoopi is the most "put together" panelist, but today was one of those days.

Sara had her haunted eye look, Joy looked like she just rolled in from yardwork, and WTH is with Sunny's "look" this season?  Sunny hasn't looked well since their return...her weight is up, her hair is funky and her make-up is shiny and off.  Not long ago, she was glammed up and ready to hit the nightlife.  They all looked better when working from home.  What happened to the show's hair and make-up staff?

• LOL 1
  • Love 8