Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: Love Makes You Crazy

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

Wow!  some major upgrading in accommodation for some of the cast members. So much was made of the awful housing conditions last season. But look at them now.

At least Areoli (or whatever) found the local makeup shop and has a brand new storyline (ex visit) but poor old Jenny is still stuck with stringy hair and Summit won’t marry me…whaaaa! How long before the penny drops? He ain’t gonna marry you. Mum and dad rule. Also why can’t Jenny get a job at a call centre? Her American accent should be a shoe in.

The pizza lady is a repeat of Steph and the guy from Belize.

Still, the new characters are a breath of fresh air after the HEA twits.

Jenny can't legally work in India. She's there as a tourist. Some small places might hire her under the table, but no major company will. Those jobs are in high demand. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

At least Areoli (or whatever) found the local makeup shop and has a brand new storyline (ex visit) but poor old Jenny is still stuck with stringy hair and Summit won’t marry me…whaaaa! How long before the penny drops? He ain’t gonna marry you. Mum and dad rule. Also why can’t Jenny get a job at a call centre? Her American accent should be a shoe in.

On her tourist visa, I bet Jenny can't work.    If Jenny was filmed working, I bet her tourist visa would be cancelled, and she would never be admitted to India again. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Two is, just exactly how far and firmly are you under Evilyn's thumb that, when called out, you whined that you "couldn't get it up"? What man with any pride would cop to that? I cannot even with this guy. 

To quote Anthony Anderson, 'flava on a hunnet...sugar on zero.' Seriously, what a pair of people: she fucked someone else and clearly does not see marriage as a long term thing ("something you do for people you love" is a trip to Disney World, not a lifelong commitment), but how on earth does the detail "I couldn't get it up!" help his case in an argument? Just shut the fuck up and take your medicine, why humiliate yourself any further? It's like dignity is a foreign concept to these people. 

The new lady with the pizza place, I feel for her. She's clearly lost and understandably so, it's just brutal knowing she's in for real heartache, not the kind that this show makes you pretend to have in your third season. They should never repeat couples, if you ask me, the new ones are always more interesting to watch. 

• Love 16
37 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

She looks transported with joy when she speaks to her ex husband. She looks at Bini like she owes him money.

Yes she does, doesn't she.  I think having her ex come to visit is a shitty idea but the fact that Bini apparently has not tried to get a job, spends his free time working out while his in-law's pay his bills, he deserves it.  As much as I don't like Ari, I don't blame her if she really is good friends with her ex and needs someone to come visit.  

I just feel sorry for Jenny.  I get it she loves him but he is totally screwing with her head.  He has used every excuse not to marry her, instead of just telling her the truth that he just doesn't want to get married again.  That astronomist they went to was as convincing as Angela's Psychic.  I would guess Summitt paid him in advance to say all that crap. 

Edited by gaPeach
  • Love 15
2 minutes ago, gaPeach said:

Yes she does, doesn't she.  I think having her ex come to visit is a shitty idea but the fact that Bini apparently has not tried to get a job, spends his free time working out while his in-law's pay his bills, he deserves it.  As much as I don't like Ari, I don't blame her if she really is good friends with her ex and needs someone to come visit.  

I just feel sorry for Jenny.  I get it she loves him but he is totally screwing with her head.  He has used every excuse not to marry her, instead of just telling her the truth that he just doesn't want to get married again.  That astromamist they went to was as convincing as Angela's Psychic.  I would guess Summitt paid him in advance to say all that crap. 

THere's a part of this ep where Ari talks about how she's had a hard time forming friendships, it was totally aggravating. Seriously that has nothing to do with how nice Ari is (I'm not saying she is, my guess is she's a nightmare most of the time but for understandable not justifiable reasons), how tolerant Ethiopians are of other cultures and people (no idea). Ari, do you think it might be because you literally have NOTHING IN COMMON with these people from a life perspective? You have no shared experiences that would connect you with anyone there, it's an entirely different way of life. Does it look like anyone in Addis Ababa was looking for mommy and me prenatal yoga classes? It's aggravating because as usual, it's an entirely predictable problem. 

Trying to imagine a discussion where my wife is like "Wait, let's talk to our astrologist about this major life decision" that doesn't end with my re-examining our power of attorney paperrwork. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 6

@Uncle JUICE, I agree that a lot of people on these 90 day shows appear to have no friends or at least they blame their problems on that concept.  Since Ari is there, in the homeland of her husband, she could find other expat women, new mothers, neighbors, family or extended family - anybody to at least greet every morning on your way to Starbucks (oh wait, we aren’t in Kansas any more, Toto). 
Ari and her little family are financially supported by her parents.  She is incapable of caring for herself, or even for her child, so they are paying for caregivers to make sure nothing bad happens to the kid.   
Meanwhile, Ari is channeling her self mutation feelings that she had in her teens into getting plastic surgery and cosmetic surgery and procedures.  There is a pattern here, folks, and it’s more than a little sad.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
41 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

The pizza lady is a repeat of Steph and the guy from Belize.

At this point, how they are portrayed, I respectfully disagree.  She seems still in shock and trauma over her hubby's passing, and I think the guy in this scenario (can't remember his name) is playing her as the vulnerable person she is.  He admitted to cheating and she is STILL moving there?  I doubt she really sold her business.  What do these women see in these men?  This guy, Sherlon, Sumit, Florian, Georgi, Ronald, Michael, etc.....none seem to have sparkling conversations, outgoing and fun personalities, they are unemployed and have frumpy personalities.   For me to sell everything you need to have a job, a livable home, no debt, reliable transportation, no weird Mommy Issues, the charisma of George Clooney, make me laugh like Eddie Murphy and be as faithful as Paul Newman was to Joanne Woodward.  Oh wait, I have that here already.  Guess I am staying here in the Midwest, lol!

• LOL 4
  • Love 13
11 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

At this point, how they are portrayed, I respectfully disagree.  She seems still in shock and trauma over her hubby's passing, and I think the guy in this scenario (can't remember his name) is playing her as the vulnerable person she is. 

I think the same thing here: this woman seems less scheme-y than Stephanie, and certainly less apt to toss around her dough. I'm actually worried that the show will become even darker now, because if we realize she's being taken advantage of, if she's got genuine emotions about it, then doesn't the production also recognize it, and still film it? That seems somehow AS sinister as whatever this guy's up to. 

• Love 11

Yay the Jerry Springer Show is finally over!  Yay for the returning "Other Way" couples!

Gammy and Sometwit:  This week, Sometwit takes Gammy to an astrologer to get advice on whether or not they should get married.  Next week, Sometwit takes Gammy to a tarot card reader to get advice on whether or not they should get married.

Evil-yn and Doofus:  Evil-yn does not love Doofus.  Evil-yn does not even like Doofus.  But Doofus gets Evil-yn on TLC and that gets Evil-yn more money.  Time to shop for wedding dresses!

Areola and Binky:  Areola loves her ex-husband.  He is her best friend in the whole world.  Areola's ex-husband will stay in Binky's house, because ex-husbands do that all the time here in America.  According to TLC anyway.  Welcome to the Mad Mad Mad Mad World of Areola, Binky!

Ken and Armando:  "Guys, your story is boring as shit.  You get a long great and there is no drama.  We need you to start being a dick, Ken..."

Edited by Dobian
  • LOL 8
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:

I think the same thing here: this woman seems less scheme-y than Stephanie, and certainly less apt to toss around her dough. I'm actually worried that the show will become even darker now, because if we realize she's being taken advantage of, if she's got genuine emotions about it, then doesn't the production also recognize it, and still film it? That seems somehow AS sinister as whatever this guy's up to. 

And again, the way this stuff is edited and scripted, who the heck knows what is coming.  Stephanie RIGHT AWAY set off "Look how wacky I am with my hoola hoops!"  where Ellie seems......still so sad about everything, and rightfully so!

Bolding:  Was that an intentional pun over the pizza making? 

I ff through everyone but the new couples.  Kenny and Armando post Tik Tok stuff on the regular, same with IG on how happy and loving they are so I don't want to see manufactured stuff on this show over them.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, magemaud said:

When Victor was cooking at the stove, was he wearing some kind of loincloth?  

Right??  One wrong move and that was an accident waiting to happen!  He needs to take a book from the Asuelu book of fashion and at least wear the whole sarong!

Edited by suzywallis
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, suzywallis said:

Right??  One wrong move and that was an accident waiting to happen!  He needs to take a book from the Asuelu book of fashion and at least where the whole sarong!

For a minute I thought you said schlong 

• LOL 11
  • Love 1

I can't believe I was treated to the Jenny chair-hurling incident in the first episode.  It was like manna from the heavens.  Oh, telling Sumbitch to fuck off was an added bonus.  😂

I have high hopes for this season.  

Well, except Evelyn and Corey.  I really could not care less about their wedding and the preceding shenanigans.  

That leprechaun-looking Mormon dude could bring some humor to the mix, albeit probably unintentionally.  He's way off base about only Russians considering Mormonism a cult, though.  

I distinctly remember Evelyn telling Corey's family in their first season that in Ecuador, her family raised her to believe Mormons were a cult and to never answer the door for them.  She also said she would never consider converting to Mormonism because of this belief.  So much for just the Russians believing his religion is a cult.  

I loved the smug look of relief on Sumbitch's face when that astrologist or whatever the fuck he was supposed to be told Sumbitch and Jenny to "force" the marriage would be wrong.  

I hope our lying dog Sumbitch tipped him well for that little gem.  

Now I'm counting down until next week's episode, but I was laughing like a rabid hyena during the last few minutes of the premiere.  

Cheers to what is hopefully a great snark-filled treasure trove of a season 🥂

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 20
27 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Was that Mormon Bible group leader (who looks like a cartoon character, Cotton Hill maybe?) Steven with a V’s (typing SWaV from now on) his father? I thought he called him “Bob.” 

He was listed as his stepfather.

Sumit:  Just go tip the astrologer well and tell him to say:  "The stars are not aligning......go home Jenny."  And be done with this crap!

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, anoninrva said:

How does a Mormon have a stepfather?  Was his mother widowed?

It was not addressed.  Mormons do get divorced, they have to have their marriage unsealed from the divorced spouse.

18 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

I can't believe I was treated to the Jenny chair-hurling incident in the first episode. 

Yep!  They waited until the last minute but off went the plastic chair!!!

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

And again, the way this stuff is edited and scripted, who the heck knows what is coming.  Stephanie RIGHT AWAY set off "Look how wacky I am with my hoola hoops!"  where Ellie seems......still so sad about everything, and rightfully so

Ellie seems like an otherwise normal, sensible woman who suddenly went off the deep end. Stephanie was a needy, insecure, possibly alcoholic nut case. I feel bad for Ellie, at least so far. She's been trying to keep it together for years. Now she stands to throw away the life she's made for herself for some loser. 

• Love 17
2 hours ago, mamadrama said:

enny can't legally work in India. She's there as a tourist. Some small places might hire her under the table, but no major company will. Those jobs are in high demand. 

Something else,  if she is visiting on a tourist Visa and has to leave the country every 6 mos then she most definitely can still collect her social security with direct deposit right in to her US bank. Expats in Mexico do it all the time. If she was to become a citizen of India that would be a different story, so this whole story of her losing her SS benefit is bullshit. Her lawyer is an idiot for telling her she will lose her benefits. Unless of course dumb Jenny said she was applying for citizenship in India. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Ellie seems like an otherwise normal, sensible woman who suddenly went off the deep end. Stephanie was a needy, insecure, possibly alcoholic nut case. I feel bad for Ellie, at least so far. She's been trying to keep it together for years. Now she stands to throw away the life she's made for herself for some loser. 

Armchair Therapist here, at your service:  I think she is punishing herself for not being aware/not recognizing her husband was abusing painkillers.  She might (probably does) carry a lot of misplaced guilt over this and is feeling, still:  heartbroken, betrayed, anger, sadness, all the feels.  She probably never got help, either.  I don't know.....there is something off about her.  I have so much work to do (seeing students tomorrow) yet I need to express this, lol!

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
3 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Yeah, Stephanie came out of the gate like some delusional whackadoodle and just got worse as the season progressed.  

Unless she does something really off the charts, I suspect I'll be sympathetic towards Ellie the Pizza Lady as I can understand the motive behind her seemingly bad choices.  She's already lost one life she had built and thought was her happily ever after, but I suspect the life she's trying to build with this player is going to end badly as well.  

BTW, her pizza partner looks like Frank Whaley's character in Vacancy.  I kept waiting for him to say "You might have to jiggle the handle a little bit to open her up, she's as sticky as an old whore."

frankwhaley.jpg

• LOL 5
2 hours ago, Uncle JUICE said:

They should never repeat couples, if you ask me, the new ones are always more interesting to watch. 

Agree. They should do a one time "Where are they now" special and leave it at that. 

• Love 24

My summation:

Bynum and Ariele - don’t care.

Cory and Evelyn - REALLY don’t care.

Steven and the Russian - she needs to run far and run fast!  Far and fast, woman!!

Ellie - nice person and about to do something really stupid.

Jenny and Sumit - morbid fascination to just see how much this tool will tolerate

• LOL 5
  • Love 17
2 minutes ago, Kid said:

My summation:

Bynum and Ariele - don’t care.

Cory and Evelyn - REALLY don’t care.

Steven and the Russian - she needs to run far and run fast!  Far and fast, woman!!

Ellie - nice person and about to do something really stupid.

Jenny and Sumit - morbid fascination to just see how much this tool will tolerate

ALL THIS!!!!  You forgot Kenny and Armando:  No more scripted drama, thanks!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I doubt she really sold her business.

I hope she didn't. Why couldn't she just get a tourist Visa and stay for 6 mos to test the waters. Let her buddy run the biz and give him a bigger cut of the profits while she's away. Take a little time, live with the "fiancee" and see if the guy is worth it, then make you life altering decisions. 

• Love 15

I am just grateful we are getting a break from Libby and her rotten relatives.

What's it going to take for Jenny to realize that Sumit is a liar and that is not going to change? When Kalani is done with Dumbo, maybe someone can set Jenny up with Asuelu. They seem to be about on the same level intellectually.

Ellie should stick with what she knows. Her pizzas looked delicious.

Evelyn should get a big neon sign for her bar that says "Adios, Corey."

Why do I find it hard to believe that Steven learned Russian?

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
14 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

She said her parents are sending them (a lot of) money.

I doubt that Areola has spent a single day of her “adulthood” without having financial support from her parents. They’ve enabled her poor decision making. Parents like them make me crazy. How does any child, no matter what age, learn how to make a good decision if they never have to bear the repercussions of their poor decisions?

• Useful 4
  • Love 19
3 hours ago, Colfrmb said:

Meanwhile, Ari is channeling her self mutation feelings that she had in her teens into getting plastic surgery and cosmetic surgery and procedures.  There is a pattern here, folks, and it’s more than a little sad.

In the previews from later in the season, Areola appears to be anorexic. She clearly has some emotional problems. I’d bet the farm that her mother is in daily contact with the nanny, who is paid to watch over the baby AND Areola.

• Useful 3
  • Love 12
21 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I doubt that Areola has spent a single day of her “adulthood” without having financial support from her parents. They’ve enabled her poor decision making. Parents like them make me crazy. How does any child, no matter what age, learn how to make a good decision if they never have to bear the repercussions of their poor decisions?

This times 1000. So her ex wanted to finish his PhD and she wanted to travel the world? Insane

Mom and Dad need to cut her off financially immediately.  See how she copes with no money, no 3 bedroom house and no nanny. Won't last a week.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

It was not addressed.  Mormons do get divorced, they have to have their marriage unsealed from the divorced spouse.

Remember Marie Osmond had a Temple Wedding but then got divorced? 

1 hour ago, Kid said:

I wonder how much Sumit paid the astrologer to say what he said.

Since the guy was supposedly the "Family Astrologer," I'm sure Sumit's parents have at least filled him in on Jenny, if not paid him to discourage the wedding. 

• Love 8

Part of Ari’s weight loss may be that she is not an adventurous eater and won’t try much local food.  I doubt she can get Little Caesar’s (Sharp’s favorite product placement, Kalani and her sister ordered during a PT episode just recently) there.

2 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Since the guy was supposedly the "Family Astrologer," I'm sure Sumit's parents have at least filled him in on Jenny, if not paid him to discourage the wedding. 

Plus he met Eeyore in the flesh.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
32 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Remember Marie Osmond had a Temple Wedding but then got divorced? 

Wouldn't the astrologer have told Sumit about all the issues that would await him, wouldn't it have been written in the stars?  

I bet Sumit's parents have plenty to say to a lot of people about Jenny, the astrologer probably got an earful.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, magemaud said:

Was that Mormon Bible group leader (who looks like a cartoon character, Cotton Hill maybe?) Steven with a V’s (typing SWaV from now on) his father? I thought he called him “Bob.” 

SWaV (LOL!), will be a deer in headlights in Turkey, he will be alone with a girl, he will pay for lodging in Turkey, does he have two nickles to rub together?

Pizza Lady will be this season's crier...quite possibly the new Nicole, this relationship is bigger in her head than in his.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:
4 hours ago, Uncle JUICE said:

They should never repeat couples, if you ask me, the new ones are always more interesting to watch. 

Agree. They should do a one time "Where are they now" special and leave it at that. 

yes, please!!!!

on to my comments about the show-- What a bunch of idiots, losers, and misfits.

Ari and Bini would have no plot at all except for the arrival of Leonardo.   And I would love to be in the room when Bini sees this episode and hears that the reason for the divorce was Ari wanted to travel and Leonardo wanted to finish his education.  It looks like they have both achieved those goals, so what is to deter them from getting back together.  Also I would be really annoyed if Mr. Twopper referred to his ex and his best friend and invited her to stay with us.   (Actually, he was a widower so there is no ex, just a late wife).

Jenny and Sumit-- I would like to think her hissy fit was due to binge watching her seasons and seeing the long con he is playing.  I still think if Ma and Pa Sumit were to drop down dead, Sumit would still have a list of reasons not to marry Jenny, chief of which would be his period of mourning, followed by an ability to tarnish their memory.

Evelin and Cory--- they are so boring. and repetitive.  He wants to marry and she doesn't.  I am not convinced he cannot speak Spanish.

Steven with a "V' and Russian girl---- I think I will FF thru them.

Ellie and Victor 3---hasn't her husband been dead for nearly a decade.  I thought he overdosed less than a year into the marriage.   I hope that she normally wears a hairnet when making pizza.

I am sure I have left someone out. 

Oh, Armando and Kenneth---- that's sad if they break up.  Or maybe not.  I really like Armando, but Kenneth not so much. 

I didn't even care for the PT crowd for this episode.  Not a Dean fan, and I am sick of Libby and Andrrrrrei.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

I loved the smug look of relief on Sumbitch's face when that astrologist or whatever the fuck he was supposed to be told Sumbitch and Jenny to "force" the marriage would be wrong.  

I hope our lying dog Sumbitch tipped him well for that little gem. 

Yeah he tipped him alright, when he made the appointment and told him what to say.

18 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Oh, Armando and Kenneth---- that's sad if they break up.  Or maybe not.  I really like Armando, but Kenneth not so much.

They didn't break up.  They were just on Pillow Talk, which was definitely recorded after this new season of The Other Way.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

And how is that working out for her?

So what if her ex wants to visit, it's not like Binny goes anywhere, he will be home all day with Ari and the ex.

Also, she was married to Leandro for 10 years but lived separately for the last 3, all that time with him and she did not get pregnant, 3 months in with Binny and she gets knocked up, hmmmm.

Edited by Baltimore Betty
Had another thought.
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

I knew that Ari had been married before to an Argentinian, but was this the first they mentioned that she brought him over on a fiance visa?  No wonder she hasn't tried that with Bini.  She already burned that bridge.

...and "she wanted to travel, he wanted to get his doctorate" is a really poor excuse. So she just up and left.  Such a sensible girl, our Ari.

• Love 14
14 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I'm calling fake on Sumit's passport being taken by the ex-in laws, and he hasn't replaced it since then. 

For sure. It's just another Sumit-manufactured hurdle to keep him from having to marry her. It's kind of amazing that such a zhlub could be such a calculating scam artist in disguise. I don't think it would work on anyone with a molecule more brain power than Jenny has, but he found his mark and he crafted his game based on what he needed to work with.

• Love 16
46 minutes ago, Dobian said:

They didn't break up.  They were just on Pillow Talk, which was definitely recorded after this new season of The Other Way.

They're just teasing us with Kenneth's "I'm homesick" complaint, but I think he's going to be portrayed again this season as being kind of bitchy and self-centered. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

For me to sell everything you need to have a job, a livable home, no debt, reliable transportation, no weird Mommy Issues, the charisma of George Clooney, make me laugh like Eddie Murphy and be as faithful as Paul Newman was to Joanne Woodward. 

Ellie has issues. To sell everything to be with someone she hardly knows and who has already cheated? Why does she think this is what she deserves? The guy (don't remember his name) probably can't believe his luck as he will be financially supported and he doesn't have to make any effort in the relationship. She seemingly will accept anything. There are plenty of men she could be with in Seattle. I don't feel sorry for her. As a women in her mid-40's, owning and running her own business, she should know better.

Ari and Bini: What is she thinking? I She is a married woman with a child now, you do not go and invite your ex-husband to come live with you and the new hubby. Apparently Mama Ari wasn't consulted on this move.

I don't care about Corey and Evelyn. They have not progressed since last time I saw them. Same with Jennie and Sumeet. Same old issues. Keith and Armando - oh, spare me. They bored me before and will bore me now. WHY ARE THEY ON?

• Love 13