Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: Love Makes You Crazy

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

No, it's not.  This is totally and completely Ari.  I have never personally known anyone who would even think about this let alone do this.  Ari does a lot of things that do not represent anyone other than herself, and I don't appreciate being told it is representative of something I would do because I fall into this demographic (nor would I connect something any of these participants do to their culture/race [i.e. I think Summit's lying only represents him-not all other Indians]).

Amen!!!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Uncle JUICE said:

I don't know what western white American people you're dealing with, but as a white American person, I can state unequivocally again that it is NOT white people shit. Knitting yes. Chunky sweaters, yes. Cornhole, yes. Letting your ex husband sleep over for two weeks? No. 

As a knitter, I'm wondering if I should be concerned about this second comment about knitters.  

Color me confused, but I don't get it.  I belong to multiple knitting groups and knitting is a worldwide craft.  

I think this is one of those rare times where I require an explanation to understand the intent behind a comment.  🤔

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, mmecorday said:

Why do I find it hard to believe that Steven learned Russian?

He does seem like a dingbat, but the Mormons have mastered a few things: genealogy, language training, and Ye'uwNee'que names (see also: the children of Sister Wives, particularly Christine's). Alan knew Portuguese when he met his child bride Kirlyam in Brazil, and Josh knew (I think?) Czech when he met Aleksandra in Prague. In the preview for next week, they show someone speaking to Steven in Russian and he appears to be following the conversation. That could be editing but I bet he's at least conversational.

Corey seems to be at the stage of being able to read Spanish fairly well and get the gist of a spoken conversation, but he's not as good at forming his own spoken responses ("incred-ee-blay!"). That's pretty typical for language learners, especially as adults.  I'll give him points for trying, especially since Evelin's English is great so he could technically get away with not bothering.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

If he was dropped into the culture as a missionary for two years I am sure he learned it.

When young Mormon men are trained to go on mission they're taught the language of the place they're going. Like Peace Corps volunteers are. You can't go knocking on doors and ask to talk to them about scripture if you don't speak the language. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, jacksgirl said:

Mom and Dad need to cut her off financially immediately.  See how she copes with no money, no 3 bedroom house and no nanny. Won't last a week.

Never gonna happen with a grand baby involved. Didn't mama Areola come to visit once to see what the living conditions were appalled at what Bini considered acceptable? She told him to get it together because he has a baby on the way. Once the kid was born, Areola is now set for life. Mama and Dr. Papa Areola will never let that baby live in squalor. I blame the parents for the way they raised Areola. They made their bed, now they will pay for it for the rest of their lives. Good thing they have lots of $$$$$.

• Useful 1
  • Love 20

Wasn’t Ari’s mom her dad’s mistress and the affair broke up his marriage?  I think she was his nurse when they started the hanky panky.  So maybe mom wouldn’t have a problem with Leandro breaking up Ari’s engagement to Bini?

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Dobian said:
6 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

I loved the smug look of relief on Sumbitch's face when that astrologist or whatever the fuck he was supposed to be told Sumbitch and Jenny to "force" the marriage would be wrong.  

I hope our lying dog Sumbitch tipped him well for that little gem. 

Yeah he tipped him alright, when he made the appointment and told him what to say.

I also call shenanigans on that astrologer who supposedly predicted Sumit's relationship with an older person when he was little.   I do not think the astrologer person is that much older than Sumit.  I thought when he said he knew Sumit from about age 5 that he was going to say they played together although he was a little older.

TLC seems always to need someone relying on an astrologer or psychic in every season.

3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

SWaV (LOL!), will be a deer in headlights in Turkey, he will be alone with a girl, he will pay for lodging in Turkey, does he have two nickles to rub together?

Is this supposed to be a reprise of Andrew and the French woman who were supposed to get together in Mexico to avoid the lockdowns in the US and Europe?

2 hours ago, Kath94 said:

I knew that Ari had been married before to an Argentinian, but was this the first they mentioned that she brought him over on a fiance visa?  No wonder she hasn't tried that with Bini.  She already burned that bridge.

...and "she wanted to travel, he wanted to get his doctorate" is a really poor excuse. So she just up and left.  Such a sensible girl, our Ari.

I had the impression it was a short marriage--like maybe 2 years-- but I was surprised it lasted as long as it did.  Also I am surprised she had no child with him.  Maybe it is because I am old, but I just don't get going to a foreign country and becoming pregnant asap with some guy you saw on the beach or wherev she picked him up.  She annoys me because she is always whinging.   I see mom and pops have set her up nicely in a 3 bedroom place with a live-in nanny which is a good deal for 2 people who aren't working.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
10 minutes ago, Twopper said:

becoming pregnant asap with some guy you saw on the beach or wherev she picked him up

Worse she was hailing a cab and just pounced on him.

11 minutes ago, Twopper said:

with a live-in nanny which is a good deal for 2 people who aren't working.

So many single parents with jobs raise kids and here we have two unemployed ones who need a nanny.  Like they can’t split the shifts?

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

When young Mormon men are trained to go on mission they're taught the language of the place they're going. Like Peace Corps volunteers are. You can't go knocking on doors and ask to talk to them about scripture if you don't speak the language. 

So SWaV meets a girl who is not Mormon, (probably does not wants to be or cares about being  Mormon), she is on line looking for high dollar idiots to get her out of Russia...bwahahah and all she gets is Steven the Mormon.  I see a penniless boy who lives in his parents basement, does she see that?

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

I'm curious to find out just how far SWaV swayed from his Mormon faith.  I knew some Mormons that were more committed to claiming they were faithful to the church than they were to being actually faithful.  Who knows what this guy considers a no-no, he doesn't look like he could have gotten into too much trouble.

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Also I am surprised she had no child with him.  Maybe it is because I am old, but I just don't get going to a foreign country and becoming pregnant asap with some guy you saw on the beach or wherev she picked him up.  She annoys me because she is always whinging.   I see mom and pops have set her up nicely in a 3 bedroom place with a live-in nanny which is a good deal for 2 people who aren't working.

Ari married her first husband when she was 19. She probably figured she had plenty of time to have kids. Then her marriage fell apart, she hit the road, and her clock was ticking. I can see it. Especially since our Ari does not seem to be the most stable, sensible person. One who considers things carefully and weighs the pros and cons with care. She married hubby number one after a whirlwind courtship. The circumstances of their split seem--questionable? They lived separately for three years? She wanted to travel, he wanted to study? Riiiight. He's her "best friend"? I think he's gay. Maybe he was coming to terms with it early in the marriage, then came out for real later on. I'm sure Ari, the picture of kindness and empathy, didn't kick him out or have a big old screaming meltdown or anything. Snerk. Then all of a sudden, she's almost 30, alone again, no husband, no prospects, and she gets knocked up in Ethiopia. Must be fate! Oh, and her parents can pay for everything. I'm sure she's caused them endless worry and stress over the years, not to mention big outpourings of cash. 

Just now, Chloe Dog said:

I'm curious to find out just how far SWaV swayed from his Mormon faith.  I knew some Mormons that were more committed to claiming they were faithful to the church than they were to being actually faithful.  Who knows what this guy considers a no-no, he doesn't look like he could have gotten into too much trouble.

Maybe he drank a Coke, or had an iced mocha latte from his local Starbuck's. Caffeine is the devil's alarm clock! 

• LOL 10
  • Love 6
27 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Worse she was hailing a cab and just pounced on him.

So many single parents with jobs raise kids and here we have two unemployed ones who need a nanny.  Like they can’t split the shifts?

You have to remember that these two are, you know, totally fucking useless.

• Love 17
3 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

So odd about SWaV because V is the more common spelling, at least in the US.  It’s like saying Chris with a C lol.  

He's an odd one.

Maybe he thinks having a "V" in his name makes him the sparkliest snowflake in the globe.  

On a side note, I'm wondering how many ugly faces Ari would make if Bini told her he was inviting his dancing partner over to spend a few weeks under their roof.  

I can easily imagine her face going into at least a dozen different contortions as she processed this information.

Yet she expects Bini to be fine with it.  Go figure.

• LOL 4
  • Love 13
7 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Armchair Therapist here, at your service:  I think she is punishing herself for not being aware/not recognizing her husband was abusing painkillers.  She might (probably does) carry a lot of misplaced guilt over this and is feeling, still:  heartbroken, betrayed, anger, sadness, all the feels.  She probably never got help, either.  I don't know.....there is something off about her.  I have so much work to do (seeing students tomorrow) yet I need to express this, lol!

Love this! Excellent diagnosis.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I'm calling fake on Sumit's passport being taken by the ex-in laws, and he hasn't replaced it since then.   

I never thought of that but you are probably right  

Edited by DVDFreaker
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, jacksgirl said:

This times 1000. So her ex wanted to finish his PhD and she wanted to travel the world? Insane

I know. Ridiculous. Somehow this stupidity was the reason why they divorced. Who throws in the towel because of these reasons? There was no mention of falling out of love, just one wanted to travel (RIGHT NOW) and the other wanted to further his studies for a better future.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, renatae said:

I guess I'm not buying her broken hearted act. She cheated on him, taunted him with it, and has been dragging her feet and basically telling him he's useless from Day 1.

I think she has a dark heart, and even though he is no prize, he would have done better with the other girl.

I'm not either. She started them down that path.

My comment was more what would happen if my significant other cheated on me.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Armchair Therapist here, at your service:  I think she is punishing herself for not being aware/not recognizing her husband was abusing painkillers.  She might (probably does) carry a lot of misplaced guilt over this and is feeling, still:  heartbroken, betrayed, anger, sadness, all the feels.  She probably never got help, either.  I don't know.....there is something off about her.  I have so much work to do (seeing students tomorrow) yet I need to express this, lol!

Thank you Mrs. H, Armchair Therapist, for expressing exactly what I couldn't get out of my head after hearing Ellie's story:  the guilt she must have felt for either 'not knowing' or 'not dealing with' the pain prescription drug addiction of her beloved husband.  (I must say that those clips shown of what a HAPPY guy her hubby was DID give me a jolt as to "how can ANYONE be that perpetually cheery?!"  (Forgive my "glass half-empty" tendencies.)

I totally agree with you that this very sad, mixed-up woman needs a psychologist - NOT "a cutesy unknown stranger on an isolated island - to help her salvage her future; to forgive herself for being 'human,' and to love herself again for all that makes her a very special woman, friend and, ultimately, a wife. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
58 minutes ago, TzuShih said:

Thank you Mrs. H, Armchair Therapist, for expressing exactly what I couldn't get out of my head after hearing Ellie's story:  the guilt she must have felt for either 'not knowing' or 'not dealing with' the pain prescription drug addiction of her beloved husband.  (I must say that those clips shown of what a HAPPY guy her hubby was DID give me a jolt as to "how can ANYONE be that perpetually cheery?!"  (Forgive my "glass half-empty" tendencies.)

I totally agree with you that this very sad, mixed-up woman needs a psychologist - NOT "a cutesy unknown stranger on an isolated island - to help her salvage her future; to forgive herself for being 'human,' and to love herself again for all that makes her a very special woman, friend and, ultimately, a wife. 

Hubby was a bartender and many of them have substance abuse issues.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Colfrmb said:

... Ari is channeling her self mutation feelings that she had in her teens into getting plastic surgery and cosmetic surgery and procedures.  

In a few of the scenes (talking heads?) she thin enough as to look anorexic. Her face looked drawn. It wouldn't surprise me if she has eating disorder as well. I wish they would stop trying to make Areola (Assyhole-a, to me) happen. She is not attractive, not stable, and spoiled. She controls her Princeton parents through threats of "fragility" and "squalor."  What couple with a baby "needs" a 3-BR house? What's wrong with an apartment in a good neighborhood? Neither apparently works, so what do they need a nanny for? Now Bini is on the gravy train as well. The article I browsed about Addis Ababa described many thriving industries in that capital city although it didn't mention butt bongos. I could've done without the "white people s**t" witticism and pictured someone White referring to "black people s**t." Either way I did not find it funny.  

Sum Meat doesn't have the cojones to end it so he just acts passive and uninterested, hoping Jenny will get fed up, leave, and not come back. Months of FT quarantine together has probably not helped. When she's 70. he'll be 40. In the States, Jenny has family and had a home, a job, a car, friends, in a nice-looking area,, etc,. Why couldn't she find men in CA to date? What is she running away from? 

The lady from Seattle--it seems some people who start their own business work endless hours and extremely hard (for sure in the restaurant business), take a little break in the sun, have a flirtation, and go crazy. Ellie's colleague at the pizza parlor seemed nice and to care for her. A lot of mature men probably come in as customers or neighbors. Again, why go abroad? Why get rid of everything for someone you barely know? Some of the  American women on this show need to be smarter. Most are not spring chickens nor that attractive (even with heavy makeup), and chances are a knight is not going to ride up to take care of them. 

A psychiatrist or psychologist should host the next Tell-All. 

Edited by Tuneful
  • Love 13

What in the world will it take for Jenny to see Summit for who he is?  He started off catfishing her, she was OK with that.  Then he didn't tell her he had gotten married while she was out of the country.  Now she's facing having to leave the country and isn't sure when/if she can return.  He can't go anywhere other then Nepal because his in-laws have his passport?!  And he never followed up on that?  And now, when they could get married and solve all this, he is STILL dragging his feet.  And she smiles and says she is living her best life.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, TzuShih said:

And take advantage of her, emotionally and financially, I would wager.  Free advice, yes, gambler, no.

Thank you for your kind words.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Yep! My son had/has an LDS friend who went on a mission and drew West Virginia.  

• LOL 5
3 hours ago, Twopper said:

I also call shenanigans on that astrologer who supposedly predicted Sumit's relationship with an older person when he was little.   I do not think the astrologer person is that much older than Sumit.  I thought when he said he knew Sumit from about age 5 that he was going to say they played together although he was a little older.

Maybe he was an astrology prodigy? (Say that 10 times fast!) :)

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Tuneful said:

n a few of the scenes (talking heads?) she thin enough as to look anorexic. Her face looked drawn. It wouldn't surprise me if she has eating disorder as well.

I noticed that in the previews. Take a look if you get a chance. It appears that she got scary thin as the season goes on. In my opinion, her past psychological problems would easily morph into an eating disorder.

1 hour ago, Tuneful said:

A psychiatrist or psychologist should host the next Tell-All. 

What? Shawn adds SO much to the show! What would we do without her frequent and insightful “Wow!”?

Edited by Auntie Anxiety
  • LOL 14
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I'm calling fake on Sumit's passport being taken by the ex-in laws, and he hasn't replaced it since then.   

I'm wondering which of his friends was on the phone posing as the "travel agent"

• LOL 10
  • Love 6

Last year there were a few "pandemic" episodes showing how some of the 90DF folks were weathering the shutdown.  Jenny had ended up in some kind of tropical area (Belize maybe?) in trying to get back to the US, I think.  I don't remember the details.  It's probably discussed in the Jenny/Sumit thread.  Too lazy to go look.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, QueBueno said:

Last year there were a few "pandemic" episodes showing how some of the 90DF folks were weathering the shutdown.  Jenny had ended up in some kind of tropical area (Belize maybe?) in trying to get back to the US, I think.  I don't remember the details.  It's probably discussed in the Jenny/Sumit thread.  Too lazy to go look.

Are you thinking of when Laura went to Ecuador?  I don’t think Jenny has left India during the pandemic.

• Love 3

Just a few thoughts.

Ari and Bini: Life in Ethiopia is better than you deserve. Mom and Dad will continue to enable you, Ari. You live in a nice house now with probably running water and some Western conveniences. Surely after all this time, you are eating some of the food there. You really don't have much choice. Inviting your ex-husband who happens to be in the area to stay with you for a couple of weeks is not a good idea. Find him a hotel or see if Bini has a friend that he can stay with. Meet him for lunch. That's it.

Steven with a V and Alina: She hasn't been plastic surgeried yet. She's a young 20 year old who wants fun and not some insta-husband from what she feels is a cult. Right now she would be better off with a wealthier, older guy. Going to Turkey, where both haven't lived, may not be the best idea. It is still a Muslim country and its people may not take kindly to Steven's religion/cult. Turkey is more Western but it's not the best idea to pack up and move to a strange place. Steven still seems a bit immature and something is off with him.

Evelin and Corey: Why are they back? They are going to get married in 5 months? I can see Evelin's family wanting her to marry a man who is 'closer' to God. Yeah, that'll work. Maybe it will give the family more status than this American dude. Corey probably should have moved on with the lady from Peru and let Evelin be.

Emily and Victor: You are a successful woman who has her own business and home. I get going to the Caribbean and having a fling with someone. However, you still have things. That are attractive to players and users. They can sense someone vulnerable. I hope it is a fakeout that she is planning to sell her stuff, sell her business, etc. and move to be with a guy she barely knows. And one who has visibly cheated on her with some other girl. Who texted her about it. There are so many red flags. Go for a month or so, see what happens and then make a choice. Granted, if the dude was rich, had an estate and played polo and such, things may be different. He made you a pina colada and now you're planning an escape. Lock your bag, don't give out your PIN, and keep his hands off your stuff.

Jenny and Sumit: Why oh why are you still there? Sumit is a sunk cost fallacy. You invested all this time and effort on a scammer who still scams you at every opportunity? He won't stand up to his parents and he will find a way to weasel out of any commitment to you except to string you along. You two aren't Lady and the Tramp and there is no meatball and no spaghettti. Of course, Sumit chose an astrologer that he has known for a while. He probably fed him the tale of his parents disapproving of Jenny, he won't confront them, he won't stand up for himself, he won't let himself be disowned. But hey, if it is written in the stars, she may believe that! Look up Vedic astrology, Jenny. It is not the Western one. Find an astrologer who knows nothing about either of the two of you. It seemed staged and fake, to keep strining Jenny along. I don't see an endgame unless it is to keep her around until she gets fed up and goes. However she is a bit feisty and won't give up as fast as Sumit hopes. I liked her screaming at him and throwing the chair.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Breedom said:

I know. Ridiculous. Somehow this stupidity was the reason why they divorced. Who throws in the towel because of these reasons? There was no mention of falling out of love, just one wanted to travel (RIGHT NOW) and the other wanted to further his studies for a better future.

I think I remember reading either on here or somewhere else that Ari had a baby in her teens and gave it up for adoption. Am I crazy or does anyone else remember that? 

I don’t think it’s the strangest thing in the world to be friends with your ex. I was close with the family of my ex-boyfriend for many years until we lost touch and I still email another ex-boyfriend occasionally to see how he’s doing. What I do find strange, however, is the fact that she considers him to be her “best friend,” as well as the dubious reason she divorced him in the first place. I just feel like there’s an underlying reason they’re not together anymore if she LooOOooooOOOves him so much. Plus, there’s the fact that SHE finds it odd that everyone else around her DOESN’T see the situation how she sees it. I fucking died at her face when Bini’s sister(?) tattled on her about staying with the ex back in New Jersey. 

SWaV (ha!) seems…slow. His girl isn’t that attractive. I can’t put my finger on him yet. 

Seattle pizza lady…Ellie? She seems truly unstable. I agree with whomever said that the relationship is likely way more of a fantasy in her head vs. the reality of what it actually is. I know a lot of drama is manufactured for TV’s sake on this show but I feel like she’s the low-key cray cray type to just throw her whole life away for a man she barely knows. This one I really do believe she’s selling her whole business and house and everything else. Women like her seem fun and spontaneous but in reality they’re teetering on the edge and impulsive. Opening the pizza place was probably her millionth career change. She also probably feels she is running out of time to find a partner so she’s just going all in on her Stella Got Her Groove Back vacation fling. (Which maybe, fate? The real Stella’s man cheated on her and divorced her after she brought him to the US) 

Don’t care about Corey and Evelin. She’s a bitchy shrew and he’s a dickless worm. She enjoys keeping him at arm’s length and dangling marriage in front of him like a big, fat carrot on a string. He could save himself a lot of money by just moving home and hiring a therapist. 

Jenny and Sumit *throws hands up* whatever. Again, someone upthread said she seems to be mentally about 13-16 years old. That makes a lot of sense. She has a very simplistic view of relationships (ie, he’s my PRINCE he should bring me FLOWERS and tell me how much he LOVES ME everyday and we will GET MARRIED and live HAPPILY EVER AFTER.) She can’t mentally cope with everything that happens in between and that’s why she has tantrums and meltdowns like a child. That’s also why she won’t quit Sumit. She is so convinced of their supposed Romeo and Juliet romance that she will literally stay with him at any cost. If Sumit murdered her she would come back as an overly attached ghost. While still making excuses for him. 

Edited by novemberjenny
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 13
12 hours ago, jacksgirl said:

This times 1000. So her ex wanted to finish his PhD and she wanted to travel the world? Insane

Mom and Dad need to cut her off financially immediately.  See how she copes with no money, no 3 bedroom house and no nanny. Won't last a week.

I spent years traveling the world alone, but I earned money as a freelance travel writer. My mom never financed those trips. (Well, once, but it was a gift and I took HER the next time.)

If traveling is her thing then go for it. Bur, yeah, seriously. They need to cut her off. If she wants to travel like that then she can figure out a way to pay for it. I keep forgetting that she's not a 19yo.

• Love 11
9 hours ago, QueBueno said:

Laura went to Ecuador (of Canadian Laura and Aladin), met up with Evelin, and Laura's back in Canada I think.   Then Amira of Andrew and Amira went to Mexico, and later to SLovakia or somewhere around there, and then went back to France.     

Jenny's tourist visa to India is for 10 years, but every six months she has to leave the country for a day or so, and reenter, and the six month countdown starts again.     They wanted to try Nepal, but the borders were closed.   Then Sumit claims his 'former' in-laws swiped his passport, and he never got a replacement.    Their next plan was Thailand, for both of them for a little while, but that's when Sumit brought up the passport issue.  

This season it's Steven and Russian girlfriend will meet up in Turkey, and get married there, I think.    I hope he likes Turkey, because I don't think he's getting the fiance in the U.S. very quickly.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Sumit claims his 'former' in-laws swiped his passport, and he never got a replacement. 

That seems so convenient for Sumit, he could have gotten a new one easily if he had his passport number but he didn't so he is stuck in his city, that seems like something Jenny would have hounded him about getting a new one but I guess Covid was the built in excuse for him.  Would Jenny have been permitted back to the US during Covid? I would think there would be others in her shoes visa wise.

How did Sumit's in laws get a hold of his passport anyway?

• Love 5
6 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I spent years traveling the world alone, but I earned money as a freelance travel writer. My mom never financed those trips. (Well, once, but it was a gift and I took HER the next time.)

If traveling is her thing then go for it. Bur, yeah, seriously. They need to cut her off. If she wants to travel like that then she can figure out a way to pay for it. I keep forgetting that she's not a 19yo.

Usually there is always a sibling or two that work hard for everything they have. They get to sit by and watch mom and dad throw lots of money at the useless Areolas and Butt Bongos of this world.

Edited by Mr. Miner
  • Love 11
7 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Way back when we first met Ari she claimed to be a blogger or writer or some such. Last episode she whined that there "isn't much work". I thought she meant for herself but maybe she meant Bini? 

She's a grown woman of 30, a mother, and I agree, she acts like a spoiled teenager. 

• Love 12
10 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Evelin and Corey: Why are they back? They are going to get married in 5 months?

Evelin and Corey will get married when Sharp/TLC tells them to get married, which won't be any time soon. This way they can keep bringing them back and repeating the same old story line and don't have to come up with new plot ideas. Honestly, these two need to go away and live their lives off of my TV screen. Incredibly boring.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Then Sumit claims his 'former' in-laws swiped his passport, and he never got a replacement.    Their next plan was Thailand, for both of them for a little while, but that's when Sumit brought up the passport issue.  

He was trying to find a solution that didn't involve him marrying Jenny.  I know he said something about a reason not to, can't remember what that was.  But he is dragging his feet so hard there are ruts following him around.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, DVDFreaker said:

He said he was homesick and is in love with someone else

With this no-drama couple, my guess is that he is "in love" with his children or grandchild.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I am really amazed that the US people have such a hard time finding useless men and women locally, there are tons of people with no jobs, no skills that would be way cheaper than importing someone like that.  

I'm sure some of them like Ellie think, yeah, I could date a local loser, but if I hook up with a loser foreigner I've got a shot at being on TV!

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

How did Sumit's in laws get a hold of his passport anyway?

I thought Sumit said his parents had his passport. In any case, it should be easy to get a replacement, and the fact he hasn't bothered to do so means he's not interested in actually leaving the country.

I am really amazed that the US people have such a hard time finding useless men and women locally, there are tons of people with no jobs, no skills that would be way cheaper than importing someone like that.  

I think they're enticed by the idea of an "exotic" foreigner, without realizing that banality is universal. A schlub is a schlub regardless of where they live or what language they natively speak.

12 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Yep! My son had/has an LDS friend who went on a mission and drew West Virginia.  

I grew up in Eugene, and you'd see Mormon missionaries constantly. They're not hard to spot: two late-teen/early twentysomething males wearing white dress shirts, black dress pants and bicycle helmets while riding together down the street. You'd see them and think "Oh. Mormons."

13 hours ago, Tuneful said:

Sum Meat doesn't have the cojones to end it so he just acts passive and uninterested, hoping Jenny will get fed up, leave, and not come back. Months of FT quarantine together has probably not helped. When she's 70. he'll be 40. In the States, Jenny has family and had a home, a job, a car, friends, in a nice-looking area,, etc,. Why couldn't she find men in CA to date? What is she running away from? 

Jenny is in her 60s, is dumber than a box of hair, flies off the handle  the minute things don't go her way (it's not hard to see why her previous relationships didn't work out), is not conventionally attractive, is almost penniless (no assets, no job skills that we've seen, and only a permanently-reduced Social Security check for income), and has a thing for younger men. No thirtysomething or fortysomething man in the US would give her the time of day: even if she found one who was into older women, there are other cougars with much more to offer.

Sumit is the best she could do. As for Sumit, he may well get some social cache by virtue of bagging an "American TV star," which is no doubt how he describes Jenny to everyone.

16 hours ago, RedLA said:

Does Mormonism recognize autism?  

I'm on the Autism spectrum myself and IMMEDIATELY recognized Steven's behaviors as such. When you have mild Autism, you don't recognize social cues and aren't always sure what's appropriate. Steven probably did the "I have to leave to go fart" thing once, got a big laugh, and now does it because it gets chuckles. Since you don't recognize social cues (and I am terrible at it), you tend to repeat behaviors that get positive results from people. Nobody has ever sat him down and said "People aren't chuckling because they think it's cute or funny. People are chuckling because that behavior makes them feel awkward and pretending to laugh is the least awkward way of dealing with it."

16 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

So SWaV meets a girl who is not Mormon, (probably does not wants to be or cares about being  Mormon), she is on line looking for high dollar idiots to get her out of Russia...bwahahah and all she gets is Steven the Mormon.  I see a penniless boy who lives in his parents basement, does she see that?

Thanks to American movies and TV shows, where even working-class stiffs live in large, palatial homes, the rest of the world thinks everyone in America lives like royalty: think of Carrie Bradshaw or Frasier Crane living in huge condominiums that would normally be way beyond the means of either a freelance writer or local radio host.

• Love 18
12 hours ago, TazDevil said:

I'm wondering which of his friends was on the phone posing as the "travel agent"

I am sure it was the "astrologer."

19 hours ago, magemaud said:

They're just teasing us with Kenneth's "I'm homesick" complaint, but I think he's going to be portrayed again this season as being kind of bitchy and self-centered. 

Well, they need some kind of plot to keep us interested.  Planning the fancy wedding Armando wants isn't all that exciting.  I do think Kenneth misses his children and grandchild(ren?) and seeing Hannah around probably makes it worse.  They need to figure some way to divide their time so they can spend time with both families. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6