Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: Love Makes You Crazy

• Start Topic

On 8/31/2021 at 3:09 PM, Xebug67 said:

This.  Blacks saying shite about whites is doable.  Whites saying anything remotely shite-like about blacks and Jesse Jackson will get involved.  I was just telling my husband about a recent commercial promotion for some Father's Day TV show that really rubbed me the wrong way.  It was hosted I believe by Oprah and was some type of dedication honoring black fathers only.  If any program honoring only white fathers ever aired, there would be heck to pay.  It would be viewed as racist AF to only honor white dads.  The other way around, however, is ok in these MeToo times.

Sounds like somebody is missing the 1950’s. 

Jesse Jackson? MeToo times?

Apartheid wasn’t even really that horrible!

Lol

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Colfrmb said:

Rebecca was still married to her Moroccan ex!  Wasn’t she?

Wait, Rebecca had an ex from Morocco?  I had not heard......

16 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Steven with a V looks way better with short hair. He genuinely looks good with short hair and matches Alina look-wise.

He really does.  Ditch the mane, guy.

I do not find Bini nor Victor attractive at all.  Nor Sumit.  Same with Georgi and Florian the Wolf Boy.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

23 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I do not find Bini nor Victor attractive at all.  Nor Sumit.  Same with Georgi and Florian the Wolf Boy.

Agree with all of the above, however, Georgi looks remarkably different with his hair pulled back versus him wearing it down around his face. Not bad looking with it back but just the opposite with it down. I almost have to turn away from the TV when his hair is on full display. And on a side-note, Georgi, try and crack a smile once in a while and show some energy. Your world isn't falling apart. I like Florian but another low-energy guy. Perk up, people!

Edited by Breedom
Editing because I found a random "d" floating around.
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Jade Foxx said:

Lol

Seriously?  Your insinuation is NOT appreciated.  Stating facts about how things actually are isn't being racist or misogynistic. 

My point when stating this was that things have been pushed too far insofar as allowing only certain groups of people to get away with saying/doing certain things. 

In saying what I said, I was agreeing with another poster with regards to Bini's sisters making the comment, "I think this is white people sh*t", that if a white person had said, "I think this is some black  people sh*t", said white person would have been under massive attack.  They would have been called racist and who knows what else for having brought race into it while making that observation.  Meanwhile, no one is calling Bini's sisters racist for bringing the white race into their comment. 

A better thing to have said would have been, "That's some effed up sh*t."

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
On 8/31/2021 at 3:09 PM, anoninrva said:

You know, this may be culturally insensitive, but I think you may be on to something.  I work with a lot of people in India, and they generally are much less willing to confront people, and in some cases don't like saying "no".  The family wanting him to marry an Indian woman, and, I'm assuming, have children, is probably also a factor, but it does seem possible that he's just hoping for her to take the hint.

I used to work international airline reservations, and we all had trouble with Indian travelers accepting "no" as an answer.  Finally an Indian supervisor gave us some insight & suggested "that would be very difficult" as a response, and that seemed to be accepted so much easier than a simple "no."  It IS cultural.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
54 minutes ago, Breedom said:

Agree with all of the above, however, Georgi looks remarkably different with his hair pulled back versus him wearing it down around his face. Not bad looking with it back but just the opposite with it down. I almost have to turn away from the TV when his hair is on full display. And on a side-note, Georgi, try and crack a smile once in a while and show some energy. Your world isn't falling apart. I like Florian but another low-energy guy. Perk up, people!

Ditto, and that's weird for me to say because it's the opposite of what I actually prefer.  I usually LOVE long hair on men and HATE those man buns/tiny tails.  I can't figure out why Georgi's hair when it's down just really bugs.

Sadly MOST of these people are not very high energy or happy.  Some of them put the pretense on of being animated and delighted (e.g. Darcey so ridiculously riding around on Georgi's back at the beach), but that's just a fakety fake persona.  Her true persona is as a Debbie Downer. 

Stacey, on the other hand, is definitely more pleasant and upbeat than Darcey, at least what we are being shown of her.

Edited by Xebug67
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Jade Foxx said:

Lol

You forgot to also add that slavery kept unemployment rates down.  Sarcasm definitely intended in response to your personal attack. 

Blacks and whites should be able to be discussed in a non-hostile, snide, or belligerent manner.

If I said my best girlfriend is black (which she is), and that I've dated 8 black men in my life (which I have) you would turn that around also and try to make it something that it's not.

What it IS is factual statements about my personal life and not fodder for some campaign that trods on freedom of speech and expression.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I can't think of one 90 Day guy, foreign or American, that I would consider attractive except maybe THE WILLIAMS

image.png.f618944de806abe2c5d6874dc8260bb5.png

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1
On 8/31/2021 at 2:50 PM, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

It reached its nadir a couple of seasons ago when Stephanie said "I hope my mother never finds out I'm gay!" right before making out with another woman on national television.

Did you know that Stephanie has an illness??!!

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Xebug67 said:

Sadly MOST of these people are not very high energy or happy.  Some of them put the pretense on of being animated and delighted

This reminds me of Kulani. She always tries to act so upbeat and joyful to the solemn and stoic-faced Asulu. It totally bugs me but I also feel for her. I have someone very low-energy in my life and frankly,  I sometimes do the same thing - otherwise, two solemn people together isn't a whole lot of fun.

28 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I can't think of one 90 Day guy, foreign or American, that I would consider attractive except maybe THE WILLIAMS

Andrei! Not like Williams, with killer-good looks but nonetheless a good-looking guy in my opinion.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Breedom said:

This reminds me of Kulani. She always tries to act so upbeat and joyful to the solemn and stoic-faced Asulu. It totally bugs me but I also feel for her. I have someone very low-energy in my life and frankly,  I sometimes do the same thing - otherwise, two solemn people together isn't a whole lot of fun.

Andrei! Not like Williams, with killer-good looks but nonetheless a good-looking guy in my opinion.

Aladin was not bad.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Breedom said:
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

Okay, I'll give you that. Out of the REAL participants, he might be considered the best looking. Probably if we did a ranking of all the men on the show, he'd come out at the top.* Some think he exudes self-confidence, but to me, that translates as arrogant and "full of himself." 

* that might be a fun thing to do on the Small Talk forum towards the end of the week when things are slow here

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 1
On 8/30/2021 at 3:25 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

So what if her ex wants to visit, it's not like Binny goes anywhere, he will be home all day with Ari and the ex.

Also, she was married to Leandro for 10 years but lived separately for the last 3, all that time with him and she did not get pregnant, 3 months in with Binny and she gets knocked up, hmmmm.

If  they lived in the US, I bet her mom was in charge of Ari’s birth control

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

Okay, I'll give you that. Out of the REAL participants, he might be considered the best looking. Probably if we did a ranking of all the men on the show, he'd come out at the top.* Some think he exudes self-confidence, but to me, that translates as arrogant and "full of himself." 

* that might be a fun thing to do on the Small Talk forum towards the end of the week when things are slow here

My favorite is Alexei

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Maximadc said:

My favorite is Alexei

Alexei seems like a nice guy, but I have to say on PT he drives me up the wall with his legs - they are never still, always shifting, readjusting, bent . . . unfortunately my pettiness is showing but I just wish maybe he could wear long sweats (like he occasionally does) instead of the shorts. That or put them under the covers . . .

• Love 3
On 8/31/2021 at 11:54 AM, Twopper said:

I am sure it was the "astrologer."

Well, they need some kind of plot to keep us interested.  Planning the fancy wedding Armando wants isn't all that exciting.  I do think Kenneth misses his children and grandchild(ren?) and seeing Hannah around probably makes it worse.  They need to figure some way to divide their time so they can spend time with both families. 

I don’t understand why they can’t leave in Florida and visit Hanna’s grandma in Mexico

• Love 2
12 hours ago, magemaud said:

Any guy whose name begins with "THE" deserves a special place in 90 Days lore.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
33 minutes ago, Dobian said:

Any guy whose name begins with "THE" deserves a special place in 90 Days lore.

Actually, the "The" was only on Yolanda's phone screen. But that reminds me, many of the participants had nicknames on their Caller ID for their partners like "Babe", "My Love" and the latest appears to be "Victor 3" which makes me wonder about #1 and #2. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, magemaud said:

Actually, the "The" was only on Yolanda's phone screen. But that reminds me, many of the participants had nicknames on their Caller ID for their partners like "Babe", "My Love" and the latest appears to be "Victor 3" which makes me wonder about #1 and #2. 

It stands for threesome as he is dating two women.

• LOL 6
9 hours ago, magemaud said:

My favorite was "My World" for Azan via Nicole.  If a my hubs had "My World" as my contact name I would be kinda horrified.  Then again, he has a very witty way and loves to tease me so "Legally Contracted Partner" would be better.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
On 9/1/2021 at 7:49 PM, Xebug67 said:

Before the nanny was introduced as the nanny I thought she was a relative of Bini's that had moved in with them, because she so closely resembles him in my opinion.  But whereas I don't find Bini the least bit attractive, that woman is lovely and endearing.  She's clearly there to nurture Ari as much as to care for the baby.

I thought the same.  She could be a cousin, I guess.  I could see Bini objecting to bringing in a total stranger.  I hope she teaches Ari the language, but since her English is so good I doubt Ari will be motivated to learn.

I cannot wait until the arrival of Ari's ex.  This seems stupid on her part, but without this kind of "struggle" between Ari/ex and Bini they would have no plot for this season unless they are still fighting over getting him baptized.

I wonder how soon Mama Ari got her that nice apartment.  I bet they were living in it almost immediately after Ari and mom arrived in Ethiopia and the hovels we were shown were not actually lived in by Ari at all.  So much of these shows are fake and contrived/

• Love 5
19 hours ago, Maximadc said:

My favorite is Alexei

It's so funny you say Alexei, because initially I did not find him to be as good looking, or "sexy Lexi" as Loren boasted.

But the more you see of him and how elegantly and classy he behaves and conducts himself, the more attractive he becomes. 

My personal opinion is still that he's not good looking, but everything else about him is so attractive and appealing that I would totally want to date him if both he and I were single, LOL, because who and how he is is so much more important than mere good looks.

• Love 12

The thing I like best about Alexei is how good natured he is and how well he treats Loren. Even when he’s teasing her, you can tell he’s not at all mean-spirited. I wish I could say the same for many of the others on this franchise. 

• Love 14
20 hours ago, magemaud said:

The thing I like best about Alexei is how good natured he is and how well he treats Loren. Even when he’s teasing her, you can tell he’s not at all mean-spirited. I wish I could say the same for many of the others on this franchise. 

What I love about Loren and Alexei is that they are a REAL couple.  They're the target demographic that this fiancee visa is designed for, as opposed to the green card fraudsters who abuse this visa. 

• Love 6
17 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

What do we think the deal is with Dead-Eyed Sumit and Jenny the Shrieking Harpy? He doesn't want to marry her (obviously), but he...won't tell her that? Is afraid to let her down?

Seriously, just end this shit show already.

On the one hand, it comes across as Sumit doubling and tripling down on his decision to marry Jenny as far as his parents are concerned.  On the other hand, he also seems to be trying to find every possible way of getting around having to marry Jenny after all.  I'm so confused with these two.

Jenny has already, doubled, tripled, and quadrupled down as regards her own decision to marry this little prick.  She's never going to willingly walk away.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Xebug67 said:

it comes across as Sumit doubling and tripling down on his decision to marry Jenny as far as his parents are concerned.  On the other hand, he also seems to be trying to find every possible way of getting around having to marry Jenny after all.

Ooh, this is great insight! Thanks for sharing! Like he's rebelling against his parents and rebelling against the idea of marrying Jenny.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 9/2/2021 at 10:15 AM, Mrs. Hanson said:

Wait, Rebecca had an ex from Morocco?  I had not heard......

He really does.  Ditch the mane, guy.

Omg, same! 😝

• Love 3
On 9/1/2021 at 7:03 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

Bwahahah, it is bad, really distracting. In this day and age of product and tools she could have a really great head of wavy hair.

Back in the day, a coworker had bushy hair. It was naturally curly and she did absolutely nothing to it. She looked good when she got her hair done a couple times a year. No product, just walking bush and frizz. When she looked in the mirror she saw a supermodel. She also loved a yellow brown shade of clothing and sometimes looked like walking vomit.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 8/28/2021 at 2:23 PM, Persnickety1 said:

Oh, lord have mercy, I can smell Ellie's bad decision from where I sit.

At least with her back story, bad decision making does make some degree of twisted sense.  Life is short and all.  

That dude is clearly a player.  I wish she would have kept her ass in Seattle and just gone to get some vacay sex with him 2-3 times a year.  I'm predicting she'll end up with a broken heart and that makes me a tad sad because she seems (thus far) like a nice, relatively normal person, which is a rarity for these TLC fools.

I expected the premiere to drop on D+ on Friday as the new HEA episodes did, but no luck.  I guess they're going to make even D+ subscribers wait until Sunday.  I assume because they know most of us are wringing our hands in anticipation of Eyore Jenny throwing that chair.  

Happy weekend, posters 🥂

Yeah Im about to drop it myself

On 9/2/2021 at 12:41 PM, magemaud said:

Maybe thats Sumemeat too! 

• LOL 4
On 8/30/2021 at 12:56 AM, Chicken Fingers said:

So many unlikeable retread couples doing the same old things. I might end up only watching the Pillow Talk version of this season. 

@Chicken Fingers....ITA.  I DVR both 90DTOW & PT(can't take all the commercials!).  Last week.I accidentally started watching PT first.   It's amazing, I knew everything that I needed to know & was up to speed in 45 minutes. (FF commercials again!)

I enjoy the PT couples (Veronica & Tim are my favorites) & their comments much more than the actual show!

This season so far is a snorefest.  Majority of the story lines/couples are intolerable and story lines stale.  As much as  I dislike sounding like my mum "you reap what you sow."  applies to each of them!!

• Love 2
On 9/3/2021 at 5:11 PM, the-grey-lady said:

What do we think the deal is with Dead-Eyed Sumit and Jenny the Shrieking Harpy? He doesn't want to marry her (obviously), but he...won't tell her that? Is afraid to let her down?

Seriously, just end this shit show already.

Sumit is a weak and spineless man resembling a formless, gelatinous goo.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

And stupid, but also cunning. He knows that if he tells her he'll never marry her, his comfortable new life (I'm assuming he quit the call center sometime ago) will come to a screeching halt, so he's dragging it out as long as possible. Plus, there's always the chance that Bollywood will come a-callin', looking for their newest suave leading man. So there's that.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 8/30/2021 at 11:46 AM, Persnickety1 said:

That leprechaun-looking Mormon dude could bring some humor to the mix, albeit probably unintentionally.  He's way off base about only Russians considering Mormonism a cult, though.  

OMG, I was a cradle Lutheran, and my ex-fiance honestly believed that I was in a cult. 😂😂😂 He was Greek Orthodox and said that you were either Orthodox or Catholic, and everything else was a cult. I even started converting for our wedding and then we ended things. (whew!)

On 9/7/2021 at 12:10 PM, Mondrianyone said:

And stupid, but also cunning. He knows that if he tells her he'll never marry her, his comfortable new life (I'm assuming he quit the call center sometime ago) will come to a screeching halt, so he's dragging it out as long as possible. Plus, there's always the chance that Bollywood will come a-callin', looking for their newest suave leading man. So there's that.

He quit the call center before Jenny came back to India to live permanently.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

He didn't tell Jenny that right away, though. He led her to believe he still had that job until he confessed the truth. He is a pig and a liar. 

Jenny may not be coming in to the relationship with a ton of $$$$ but her pittance of a social security check and her TLC money goes a long way in India. Pays for the rent and food at least. That is why Sumbitch hasn't kicked her to the curb yet because god forbid he has to work a full time job. Does TLC pay Sumbitch? That may be another reason why he hangs on to her. If they break up, no more Jenny = no more TLC money. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Thanks, @crazyinalabama (and for some reason I can't get this to tag you). I didn't know this for a fact, but I didn't see how he would possibly still be working there. Or anywhere. What a worthless slug.

• Love 4