Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: Love Makes You Crazy

• Start Topic

Ellie is selling it all to start a new life with Victor; Corey is hiding a big secret from Evelin; Sumit takes Jenny to an astrologer for guidance; Ari invites an unwelcome guest; Steven is scared to tell Alina the truth about his past.

So many of these losers would spare themselves SO MUCH pain (and full on stop putting little babies in the middle of it) if they simply asked:  Are you employed?  What is your living situation?  Do carry a lot of debt that is not your mortgage?  Are you anything more than a social drinker?  Do you own a car or live near public transportation or a busline?

• Useful 2
  • Love 21

Watched the 20 minute preview.

I thought that Corey and Evelin were already married? Are they renewing the vows or just having a bigger wedding? He should have stayed in Peru. Both he and her deserve each other.

I felt sorry for Ellie and her backstory and her new husband dying. I would be cautious about moving to the Caribbean island. I also probably would not sell my business and cut all my ties for at least 6 months. Would give me a chance to get to know the guy better. At least she is aware that his motives may not be pure. I understand the fling but not a commitment to a dude she barely knows.

• Love 18

I just watched the 20 min preview, wtf is up with starting over from the 1st season of the Jenny & Sumit love crap story?  I swear these are the laziest producers known in TV.  I have to wonder if anyone has figured out how many minutes of new footage they actually put out in an episode, it’s mostly rehash, repeat and regurgitate……so frustrating already entering a new season.

Edited by endure
  • Love 23
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Watched the 20 minute preview.

I thought that Corey and Evelin were already married? Are they renewing the vows or just having a bigger wedding? He should have stayed in Peru. Both he and her deserve each other.

I felt sorry for Ellie and her backstory and her new husband dying. I would be cautious about moving to the Caribbean island. I also probably would not sell my business and cut all my ties for at least 6 months. Would give me a chance to get to know the guy better. At least she is aware that his motives may not be pure. I understand the fling but not a commitment to a dude she barely knows.

I was a little confused if she was just letting her co-worker run the business or did she actually sell it outright?  She seemed reasonably normal, hope she doesn’t turn out to be like most of the losers on this show. I agree with your last comment because that is me so fun to watch someone take a risk or chance that I wouldn’t do.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I have probably said this before, but as someone who tests people for their IQ's, I see Jenny as a 79 or 80.  70 is the cutoff to be delayed, and she seems to be able to function basic life skills and that is about it.  I also suspect she had some trauma in her life at ages 13-16 as she seems stuck in that Harlequin Romance stage of life.  I mean, normal women don't pack up their life and move to India to be with a liar 30 years younger.  I mean, he repeatedly lied to her and she took it!  Remember when she got her visa and cried like her puppy just died?  And when it came out he was still married she STILL STAYED??  I mean, she gets everything coming to her.

I agree she is not to bright but I don’t believe she gave up a lot materially to move to India, wasn’t she living with her daughter?  She seemed to think her life savings would go a lot further in India and Sumit did at that point have a promising career at a call centre lol.  She is determined to marry him, what’s it been, about eight years now?

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, endure said:

I just watched the 20 min preview, wtf is up with starting over from the 1st season of the Jenny & Sumit love crap story?  I swear these are the laziest producers known in TV.  I have to wonder if anyone has figured out how many minutes of new footage they actually put out in an episode, it’s mostly rehash, repeat and regurgitate……so frustrating already entering a new season.

That's the "90 Day Journey" of all of their footage repackaged into a "new" show/content for the streamers.  I haven't deleted it from my DVR yet.  I may have to watch it to relive the glory of the insults of Jenny by Sumit's parents before we jump back into their "journey" tomorrow night 🤣🤣

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TazDevil said:

That's the "90 Day Journey" of all of their footage repackaged into a "new" show/content for the streamers.  I haven't deleted it from my DVR yet.  I may have to watch it to relive the glory of the insults of Jenny by Sumit's parents before we jump back into their "journey" tomorrow night 🤣🤣

I only saw a few minutes of it. The diary ended when Jenny landed and no sign of Sumit.

• Love 1

Oh, lord have mercy, I can smell Ellie's bad decision from where I sit.

At least with her back story, bad decision making does make some degree of twisted sense.  Life is short and all.  

That dude is clearly a player.  I wish she would have kept her ass in Seattle and just gone to get some vacay sex with him 2-3 times a year.  I'm predicting she'll end up with a broken heart and that makes me a tad sad because she seems (thus far) like a nice, relatively normal person, which is a rarity for these TLC fools.

I expected the premiere to drop on D+ on Friday as the new HEA episodes did, but no luck.  I guess they're going to make even D+ subscribers wait until Sunday.  I assume because they know most of us are wringing our hands in anticipation of Eyore Jenny throwing that chair.  

Happy weekend, posters 🥂

• LOL 3
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I only saw a few minutes of it. The diary ended when Jenny landed and no sign of Sumit.

You just gave me back 40 minutes of my day!  No need to watch if it's just the lead up to their meeting on the first iteration they were on.  Thanks @Frozendiva!!!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

Oh, lord have mercy, I can smell Ellie's bad decision from where I sit.

At least with her back story, bad decision making does make some degree of twisted sense.  Life is short and all.  

That dude is clearly a player.  I wish she would have kept her ass in Seattle and just gone to get some vacay sex with him 2-3 times a year.  I'm predicting she'll end up with a broken heart and that makes me a tad sad because she seems (thus far) like a nice, relatively normal person, which is a rarity for these TLC fools.

I expected the premiere to drop on D+ on Friday as the new HEA episodes did, but no luck.  I guess they're going to make even D+ subscribers wait until Sunday.  I assume because they know most of us are wringing our hands in anticipation of Eyore Jenny throwing that chair.  

Happy weekend, posters 🥂

Imagine how many interesting, quirky men there are in Seattle.  And she has male customers coming in all the time.  If she can’t find somewhere there, something is off.

• Love 18
21 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

At Ellie’s restaurant hair is a topping on every pizza.

I was more grossed out how she was wearing gloves and a mask presumably to be safe. Then she kept grabbing the front of her mask, over her mouth, and then touching the pizza.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, Lurk said:

I was more grossed out how she was wearing gloves and a mask presumably to be safe. Then she kept grabbing the front of her mask, over her mouth, and then touching the pizza.

Yeah and the guy wasn’t wearing a hair net either, I’m not singling her out.

• Love 9

I'm getting ready to grab another cup of coffee and see if this gem is available on D+ this morning.

I understand after the premiere tonight, new episodes will thereafter be available on D+ on Friday as the HEA episodes were.

I know I'm reaching for the stars here, but I'm hoping that we don't have to wait until near the season end to see Eyeore Jenny flinging that chair.  I'm can already tell I'm going to need that shit in a GIF.  

After two days of no power in 100-degree heat, I really need this tawdry little escape from reality today.  

(Hurry up, Jenny, and hurl that chair!).  

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

I'm getting ready to grab another cup of coffee and see if this gem is available on D+ this morning.

I understand after the premiere tonight, new episodes will thereafter be available on D+ on Friday as the HEA episodes were.

I know I'm reaching for the stars here, but I'm hoping that we don't have to wait until near the season end to see Eyeore Jenny flinging that chair.  I'm can already tell I'm going to need that shit in a GIF.  

After two days of no power in 100-degree heat, I really need this tawdry little escape from reality today.  

(Hurry up, Jenny, and hurl that chair!).  

Thank you for making me laugh out loud!  It did drop on D plus and I may have to carve out some time. I can fast forward thtough a lot of it.  I don't need to see Cory's face ever again or hear the words "cocktail bar" ever again.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Malvina said:

Oh, lord have mercy, I can smell Ellie's bad decision from where I sit

We can all smell it from here.

Steven with a V:  Is he just an awkward kid with few social skills or is he an attention getting kid who wants to be on tv?  "I have fallen short of moral goals" or something like that:  We all have, dude.  But being a Mormon that could be anything from drinking a beer with friends or.....more.  A lot more!

• Love 11

Jenny is an idiot, she should leave the country and never come back again but she has not left and is going to live with Sumit's parents?

I really hope Corey is dumped for good, he is a cheater and Evelin deserves much better and Corey's last name is fitting, he is a rat! 

I do not know why Areila telling Biniyam's sisters that her ex-husband is coming is good news, that is bad news and a disaster waiting to happen 

Kenneth is an ass, he wants to move back home because he is in love with someone else? Armando deserves better! 

• Love 9
46 minutes ago, DVDFreaker said:

I just will never understand why people give another chance after cheating on them, if I find out that someone cheating on me, I am saying see you later and never see the cheater again! 

I'd be making Evelyn's grandpa's favorite soup and then sending him on his way.

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, DVDFreaker said:

Jenny is an idiot, she should leave the country and never come back again but she has not left and is going to live with Sumit's parents?

I really hope Corey is dumped for good, he is a cheater and Evelin deserves much better and Corey's last name is fitting, he is a rat! 

I do not know why Areila telling Biniyam's sisters that her ex-husband is coming is good news, that is bad news and a disaster waiting to happen 

Kenneth is an ass, he wants to move back home because he is in love with someone else? Armando deserves better! 

I think he said he was homesick.

• Love 3

I can’t help but wonder how Ari and Bini can afford a three-bedroom house and a full-time nanny when neither is gainfully employed.  Someone should probably inform Bini’s mouthy sister, that inviting your ex-husband to come and stay in the home that you share with your fiancé is not “white people sh*t”, but rather Ari’s sh*t.     

Based on the fact that Evelin/Cory have been married for years, it would appear that they are pulling a fast one on viewers.

• Useful 5
  • Love 19
9 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I can’t help but wonder how Ari and Bini can afford a three-bedroom house and a full-time nanny when neither is gainfully employed.  Someone should probably inform Bini’s mouthy sister, that inviting your ex-husband to come and stay in the home that you share with your fiancé is not “white people sh*t”, but rather Ari’s sh*t.     

Based on the fact that Evelin/Cory have been married for years, it would appear that they are pulling a fast one on viewers.

She said her parents are sending them money.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Lurk said:

I'd be making Evelyn's grandpa's favorite soup and then sending him on his way.

I guess I'm not buying her broken hearted act. She cheated on him, taunted him with it, and has been dragging her feet and basically telling him he's useless from Day 1.

I think she has a dark heart, and even though he is no prize, he would have done better with the other girl.

• Love 23

Ari is full of surprises, isn't she? Whenever she looks at her ex, she looks purely infatuated. I can't belive she wants to bring him to Ethiopia, and what a surprise he visited her in her apartment and thinks this all should be OK with Bini. I can hardly wait to see what Bini has done that she doesn't want to return.

Jenny's an idiot to have hung around so long listening to Sumit's lies and promises. She looks like she's had it, but then it seems by the previews she hangs around for more of the same, living her "best life" until Sumit's parents want to move in? 😬

• Love 18
7 hours ago, FrancescaFiore said:

I died. Also, she's not wrong.

Screenshot_20210829-210739_Reddit.jpg

This is most assuredly not "white people shit," like knitting is. My wife couldn't get over this nonsense: I've never heard of a culture where it's totally cool to invite your ex husband to sleep in your house. And this whole scene is bullshit. FIrst of all, are we t believe that the discussion prior to this scene was sincerely Ari and BInyam talking about (a) her ex husband coming to sleep over for an extended period during a pandemic and (b) one of them said "You know who needs to know about this? My / your sisters! That'll really help us figure this out". WHY? THen they kept saying "in our culture" like it was somehow unusual or unique. No, it isn't. This is not appropriate in every culture I know of, I mean maybe if the guy was the father of your children, and was terminally ill, and homeless, and was on his deathbed, I could see it, but my wife expressly said "I don't ever even want to meet any of your exes" as if she was already mad at me for doing something I'd never do, thanks to this show. FYI: been together 20 years and she hasn't met a single one, so it's not like it's something that was an issue. 

• Love 16

No way Ellie is "moving" to Colombia. 6 days to leave and she still needs to sell everything and pack? She's still listed as the sole owner of her restaurant, I guarantee it. 

Girlfriend is setting her place up as an Air BnB and going on an extended vacation. 

9 hours ago, Adeejay said:

They must be selling a helluva lot of those blankets with their faces on them...

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, renatae said:

I guess I'm not buying her broken hearted act. She cheated on him, taunted him with it, and has been dragging her feet and basically telling him he's useless from Day 1.

I think she has a dark heart, and even though he is no prize, he would have done better with the other girl.

He looks like Nega-Chuck.  Definitely a dudebro, but he seems like he's really trying.  His Spanish is much better than mine.  I haven't seen previous seasons of The Other Way, but I'm sure there will be enough previously clips to catch up.  She and her sister seem pretty mean so far.

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

How convenient she "sold" her pizza place to a coworker, right.

Maybe she just wants to be on TV but don't these people have anyone in their lives that can be the voice of reason?

I have never been able to figure out how some people go to the most trouble to fuck up their lives, like how can they make their lives more complicated at every turn?  I imagine that they go to the store to buy an apple but then they think no, let's go to an orchard, they get to the orchard and the apples up to high to pick so they get a ladder, they climb the latter but fall and break an arm, next attempt they get a friend to hold the ladder and try again, fall on the friend breaking their other arm...this goes on till they realize the apple in the market was the best option.

Red flags are ignored at every turn, money is always an issue and then then it ends badly, everytime.

Skip the apple and eat a candy bar.

• LOL 12

Wow!  some major upgrading in accommodation for some of the cast members. So much was made of the awful housing conditions last season. But look at them now.

At least Areoli (or whatever) found the local makeup shop and has a brand new storyline (ex visit) but poor old Jenny is still stuck with stringy hair and Summit won’t marry me…whaaaa! How long before the penny drops? He ain’t gonna marry you. Mum and dad rule. Also why can’t Jenny get a job at a call centre? Her American accent should be a shoe in.

The pizza lady is a repeat of Steph and the guy from Belize.

Still, the new characters are a breath of fresh air after the HEA twits.

• Love 13