Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: Love Makes You Crazy

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Xebug67 said:

I wonder of Ari's parents also supported her during her marriage to the ex-husband.

From what I've read, Leandro is in the US getting a doctorate in Physics. Is he at Princeton, perhaps? Did they live in NJ together until a couple of years ago when she decided to travel the world? Of course her parents supported them, no way could they get by on her writing and working in Dr. Daddy's office. 

"hound dog eyes," and "pig nose" is a deadly combination. Poor Ari doesn't stand a chance! 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Someone from Vandalay Industries?

"Say Vandalay.  Say Vandalay," says George running out from the bathroom with his pants down around his ankles.

An awesome callback was having the judge in the final two episodes bear the name Vandalay.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Just a few thoughts.

Ari and Bini: Life in Ethiopia is better than you deserve. Mom and Dad will continue to enable you, Ari. You live in a nice house now with probably running water and some Western conveniences. Surely after all this time, you are eating some of the food there. You really don't have much choice. Inviting your ex-husband who happens to be in the area to stay with you for a couple of weeks is not a good idea. Find him a hotel or see if Bini has a friend that he can stay with. Meet him for lunch. That's it.

Steven with a V and Alina: She hasn't been plastic surgeried yet. She's a young 20 year old who wants fun and not some insta-husband from what she feels is a cult. Right now she would be better off with a wealthier, older guy. Going to Turkey, where both haven't lived, may not be the best idea. It is still a Muslim country and its people may not take kindly to Steven's religion/cult. Turkey is more Western but it's not the best idea to pack up and move to a strange place. Steven still seems a bit immature and something is off with him.

Evelin and Corey: Why are they back? They are going to get married in 5 months? I can see Evelin's family wanting her to marry a man who is 'closer' to God. Yeah, that'll work. Maybe it will give the family more status than this American dude. Corey probably should have moved on with the lady from Peru and let Evelin be.

Emily and Victor: You are a successful woman who has her own business and home. I get going to the Caribbean and having a fling with someone. However, you still have things. That are attractive to players and users. They can sense someone vulnerable. I hope it is a fakeout that she is planning to sell her stuff, sell her business, etc. and move to be with a guy she barely knows. And one who has visibly cheated on her with some other girl. Who texted her about it. There are so many red flags. Go for a month or so, see what happens and then make a choice. Granted, if the dude was rich, had an estate and played polo and such, things may be different. He made you a pina colada and now you're planning an escape. Lock your bag, don't give out your PIN, and keep his hands off your stuff.

Jenny and Sumit: Why oh why are you still there? Sumit is a sunk cost fallacy. You invested all this time and effort on a scammer who still scams you at every opportunity? He won't stand up to his parents and he will find a way to weasel out of any commitment to you except to string you along. You two aren't Lady and the Tramp and there is no meatball and no spaghettti. Of course, Sumit chose an astrologer that he has known for a while. He probably fed him the tale of his parents disapproving of Jenny, he won't confront them, he won't stand up for himself, he won't let himself be disowned. But hey, if it is written in the stars, she may believe that! Look up Vedic astrology, Jenny. It is not the Western one. Find an astrologer who knows nothing about either of the two of you. It seemed staged and fake, to keep strining Jenny along. I don't see an endgame unless it is to keep her around until she gets fed up and goes. However she is a bit feisty and won't give up as fast as Sumit hopes. I liked her screaming at him and throwing the chair.

Jenny deserves everything negative that comes her way.  She's a moron who forgave a catfisher.  She's a self-serving twit who snuck around with her catfisher in the middle of the night in his parents' home after finagling an invitation for herself into their home, pretending only to be a "friend" of Sumits from the U.S.  The sheisty Sumit would only have been 23 at the time, so basically Jenny was robbing the cradle.  She's an idiot who sold/got rid of all of her stuff and cashed in on her Social Security so as to move to India.  There's no way in heck that I believe she didn't know he was married when she went back to India their first season.  But let's say she didn't know, she DID know when she went back to India the next season of theirs and she was more than happy to have been the cause of the break up of Sumit's marriage to his age and culturally appropriate wife, flaunting her role in all this as the other woman.  Jenny is an all around NOT nice person.  Add to that she's NOT rich or attractive.  She brings ZERO to the table except for what a burden she will ultimately be.  Combined with Sumit being as far from a bargain as it gets and you have a perfect pair.  I hate them both.  I am living to see his parents insult her left and right and from here to tomorrow.  She's a snaggletoothed hag who deserves her comeuppance.  There's NOTHING romantic about her and catfish boy.

Did Jenny slip up in this episode and admit to having not been acceptable to his parents even as far back as when she was only pretending to be his friend and not a love interest?  I don't have the ability to play back the episode.

• Love 9

Mama and Papa Summit must be evil geniuses.  They can't get rid of Jenny by threatening, fighting, or cold shoulder.  Moving in and cock blocking the love fest might just kill whatever romance was going on.  Brilliant.

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
26 minutes ago, Xebug67 said:

Did Jenny slip up in this episode and admit to having not been acceptable to his parents even as far back as when she was only pretending to be his friend and not a love interest? 

The way I remember it was that they opened their house to Sumit's "friend from America who always wanted to go to India, but had no money." Jenny was staying upstairs and Sumit would sneak up to her room at night and lost his virginity to her. They liked her at first and Jenny and Sumit's mother even got close until they admitted they were in love and wanted to get married. Then his parents freaked out, said she would be inappropriate as a wife, and sent Jenny packing back to the US. They were out of touch for a couple of years until one day out of the blue, Sumit contacted Jenny and they picked up where they left off, however he neglected to tell her that in the interim he had gotten married to someone his parents had arranged for him to wed. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 12

I had never heard of Providencia and barely remember Hurricane Iota from last year's record breaking hurricane season, but I looked it up and 98% of the island's infrastructure was destroyed in November, 2020. How will they film there under those circumstances? 

3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I thought she was young, how could she have been married to the other guy for 10 years? Anybody know her age? 

She's 28 and married at 18 or 19. 

• Love 4

Does it irritate anyone else the way that Ari says, "Ethiopia"? Since the first episode of her first season, every time she says it, my ears start to itch and my right foot starts tapping the floor!!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
On 8/30/2021 at 7:46 AM, Uncle JUICE said:

This is most assuredly not "white people shit," like knitting is.

I'm a fifth-generation knitter and crocheter. Me, mom, grandma, great-grandma, great-great? All black. Just wanted to get that out of the way. 😉

I haven't read all of the comments but I think it's been pretty well established at this point that Ariela is a spoiled brat whose parents basically enable her lifestyle. Must be nice...for her and for Bini, who no longer needs to doesn't need to work (did I hear that right?). Am I the only one who was really bothered by her referring to her ex-husband as her best friend? I've never been married but...maybe don't tell the man you have YET to marry that the man you were once married to FOR TEN YEARS is your best friend AND you've invited him to stay AT YOUR HOUSE?? Also, why would Wish keep a secret like that from her own brother? Ugh...I'm already tired of them...

Speaking of "already": This is my first exposure to Cory and Evelin but I'm already bored by them. I thought the cat was more interesting.

And speaking of "interesting": Steven is an interesting kid for sure. 😐 Looking forward to see how well he and the Russian girl (forgot her name) get on in Turkey. Are there no LDS folks in Russia? (I thought they were trying to quit using "Mormon" as a descriptor)

By starting Ellie and Victor's segment with Hurricane Iota, and following that up with how Ellie became a widow, they sure set her up for audience sympathy right away. Too bad that sympathy went away by the end of the show. I mean, Victor did look like a snack in that little whatever-it-was he was wearing, but...eh, I guess I'm not that much of a romantic that I'd throw over my entire life for someone whose side chick narc'd on him and who then blamed the affair on the side chick. That's the kind of behavior you'd expect from a 19-year-old...and isn't it true that men's peak sexual age is 19? I thought I read that somewhere...

As for Jenny and Sumit...I agree with whoever said that she's a few sandwiches short of a full picnic. How many more excuses is he going to come up with before you finally get the picture? I mean damn...you act like he's the only man on earth. He's NOT, Jenny. This could have BEEN over and done with. Go find yourself a real man.

Not sure if I missed anyone but if I did, it was because I was doing something more interesting like filing my nails, knitting, etc.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
8 hours ago, magemaud said:

Was it the pandemic update episode when we saw Jenny and Sumit donning those ridiculous cards to ward off Covid?  

And why are they still wearing the cards when they both ended up with Covid.

Edited by LEILANI2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, LEILANI2 said:

And why are they still wearing the cards when they both ended up with Covid

I think that was filmed before they got it, but I wouldn't be surprised if their bouts with Covid is part of their story line this season 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, magemaud said:

I see what you did here! Now every time I see this couple, the "Pina Colada Song" will be their theme song in my mind. 

Might be more like Penis Colada in this case.

11 hours ago, magemaud said:

Road trip for @Floatingbison and the other PNW watchers? Pretty please? 

Yes, he and Jenny were both wearing them at the astrologer's. Had to rewatch and take a screenshot. What the heck is Jenny doing to her face? 

BB81FDF7-CACF-4BD9-B476-788F31A562CF.jpeg

Auditioning for the next Home Alone sequel.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Xebug67 said:

Corey is so homely to me.  He should be attractive, because he has gorgeous blue eyes, but when I look at him all I see is a pudgy ferret face.

Put on 60 more pounds and he’s Ned Beatty.  Or Mike Reno today.

9 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Smoosh over, I'll come sit with you. I DESPISE that stupid song. It was a huge hit one summer, I must have been about 25, it was on every juke box, playing on every car radio.....I wanted to jump out a window.

Almost as good as the Heart song where she picks up a hitchhiker to impregnate her.  We planted a tree indeed.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Put on 60 more pounds and he’s Ned Beatty.  Or Mike Reno today.

Almost as good as the Heart song where she picks up a hitchhiker to impregnate her.  We planted a tree indeed.

The worst is Having My Baby by Paul Anka.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Yes with dumpy Raoul.  Between him and doughy Corey she sure can pick them.  Maybe now that she got rid of the Gollum teeth she can snare someone better.

Yes, Evelin the town mattress, is now ticked at Cory for cheating.       But like Ellie and Victor, and others, cheating doesn't seem to be a deal breaker, it just makes you more interesting to the producers.       I wonder how much cheating is really happening, or if it's brought up now as a part of the storyline?      

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

@magemaud, Of course they would wait to marry on the TV show.  What was I thinking.  She can threaten that she might not marry him.  He can deliberate.  Blah, blah, blah.  But marriage on TV is a dream come true for a “blogger”.  What a world we have become.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, lilysmom said:

Does it irritate anyone else the way that Ari says, "Ethiopia"? Since the first episode of her first season, every time she says it, my ears start to itch and my right foot starts tapping the floor!!

YES! From the first day she grinned at yoga class bragging she was going off to deliver her baby in ethiOOOOOpia Ari clearly has to be the most special relevant unique person of all time. That damn grinning when she told her sisters her ex was coming. WHAT IS THAT DUMB SMILE? Attention seeking, she bathes in it. See the outfit and braids she had on with her baby in her backpack.  It looked like a costume. It always is with her. Attn  seeking. All of it. 

Maybe Ellie and Corey could make a match! Evil-in is so mean. 

• Love 16
13 hours ago, magemaud said:

I had never heard of Providencia and barely remember Hurricane Iota from last year's record breaking hurricane season, but I looked it up and 98% of the island's infrastructure was destroyed in November, 2020. How will they film there under those circumstances? 

She's probably going to lose everything and I won't have one shred of sympathy for her.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

The pathetic part is that Jenny had about a million warning signs that moving to be with Sumit this time was a terrible idea, but she was bound and determined to do it because she was in love and Wuv Conquers All and stuff. As someone upthread mentioned, she comes off like someone who read a bunch of Harlequin Romances when she was growing up and didn't realize they were written as FANTASY, not reality

That was me!!! LOLOL!

13 hours ago, Xebug67 said:

Jenny deserves everything negative that comes her way.  She's a moron who forgave a catfisher.  She's a self-serving twit who snuck around with her catfisher in the middle of the night in his parents' home after finagling an invitation for herself into their home, pretending only to be a "friend" of Sumits from the U.S.

Can you imagine the outcry if a 55 year old MAN came to stay with you, then was sneaking upstairs to bang your 25 year old daughter?  For a long time?  EWWWW!  This is just as EWWW-inducing!

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
17 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

The pathetic part is that Jenny had about a million warning signs that moving to be with Sumit this time was a terrible idea, but she was bound and determined to do it because she was in love and Wuv Conquers All and stuff. As someone upthread mentioned, she comes off like someone who read a bunch of Harlequin Romances when she was growing up and didn't realize they were written as FANTASY, not reality. She really thinks she's met her Indian Prince and they're going to live Happily Ever After.

...and worst yet, getting married will end ALL of their problems.

This reminds me if Nicole & her Arabian Prince.  "Why can't we just get MAAAARIED, then we start our LIFE TOGETHERRRRR!."  Sit back, hon, this IS your life.  

Edited by Kath94
  • LOL 6
  • Love 8
On 8/31/2021 at 5:42 AM, Mr. Miner said:

Usually there is always a sibling or two that work hard for everything they have. They get to sit by and watch mom and dad throw lots of money at the useless Areolas and Butt Bongos of this world.

Precisely.  I was thinking the same thing about how the brother and sister we previously saw, that are children from their mother's first marriage, must feel some modicum of jealousy about how much money is lavished on Awful Ari.  I have no idea, however, if they work hard for what they have, or even know what they have.  But it still has to rankle watching that loafing mooching succubus of a human being now be subsidized to live in a ???three-bedroom house, as well as their brother-in-law likewise mooching off of the parents.  Didn't the mother and father also buy and transport everything that would be needed for the baby from the U.S. when they went over there to visit?  Bini doesn't seem to have any shame about being a moocher, nor do the sisters seem to mind that their brother is being financially supported by his in-laws.

• Love 9
33 minutes ago, Xebug67 said:

Didn't the mother and father also buy and transport everything that would be needed for the baby from the U.S. when they went over there to visit?

I think that Ariela’s mother came to visit when she was 6 to 7 months pregnant, participated in the apartment hunting, then returned to NJ. Both parents were planning to come back and bring everything just before  Ari’s due date but the baby was born early and they had absolutely nothing in place for him except a Moses basket from the street market. Remember the car seat debacle? Avi was born before his grandparents' arrival, but I'm sure they brought or shipped a boatload of baby stuff at the time. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, magemaud said:

I don't think so, since she still refers to him as her "fiancé" 

Interesting in that my son-in-law noticed that he never heard Areola use the word "divorce" in describing her relationship with her ex-husband.  She used the phrase "we broke up" to describe their parting, but not "divorced."

Maybe potential plot twist that she's still legally wed to the first dude and thus cannot legally marry Bini?  

Hmmmm.... 🤔

• Useful 5
  • Love 6
16 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Or people who “don’t know” whether they are divorced.

that reminds me, do we know for sure that Sumit is divorced? Did he ever produce those papers? 

Edited by magemaud
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 7
33 minutes ago, magemaud said:

that reminds me, do we know for sure that Sumit is divorced? Did he ever produce those papers? 

Hah!  All the nay sayers owe Darcey an apology.  She never would have let this happen with Sumit.

• LOL 6
4 hours ago, Xebug67 said:

Bini doesn't seem to have any shame about being a moocher, nor do the sisters seem to mind that their brother is being financially supported by his in-laws.

Some adult kids seem to always have their hands out, always ready to receive what the parents offer, yet don't reciprocate or consider paying it back even if they are able. It comes from over-indulgent parents who don't set expectations in childhood I suppose.

• Love 4
On 8/31/2021 at 9:49 AM, Persnickety1 said:

Enter Geoffrey.

When he first appeared, I thought, "Very attractive, well spoken, polite, gorgeous place, homeowner, dog lover...Now what the fresh hell is fundamentally wrong with him that he cannot find a local girl?"

And we soon found out.  

The truth always emerges.  A recent example is neckless Ed.  

Is Sumbitch still wearing this Card of COVID?

I noticed his thick blue necklace around his neck but I don't believe it ever showed what was at the end of it.

It’s his passport but don’t let his hag know.

• LOL 4

Season 10, Jenny is still waiting for Sumit to marry her. She says she wants Sumit to just make a decision. He did sweetie, he has made his decision and your not getting married.

Jenny waking up to a bouquet of flowers in full make up and lipstick has gotta be the laziest idea production can come up with. They do this often with Yara too, she is always made up in getting out of bed scenes. Producers seem to have crossed the fuck it line a while ago.

I am so glad we finally saw a display of real anger from Jenny. She has real chicken energy when she’s angry. 🐓 Take charge queen.

Ari is delusional. She walks around thinking she’s on vacation from the Jersey Shore to like Cancun or something. Ethiopia is a low income country, and I imagine most people work in the informal sector like Bini. She carries very warped expectations of the country she’s in and the world she inhabits. Every decision she makes is fueled by impulsivity (pregnant after 3 months) or childish foolishness (teenage level obsession with getting Bibi jealous). Even the relationships she keeps demonstrate her lack of accountability and childishness, like getting mad at the sisters for airing out her dirty laundry. “I told them in confidence!” They are his sisters, why would you expect them not to relay to Bini your escalating obsession with bringing your ex husband back into your life?

Why did Ari almost call her ex-husband “babe” if she’s been with Bini for over a year???? She is a narcissist. Imagine her reaction to Biniyam having his ex wife come stay with them. Or him even talking to his ex. Trying to gaslight him about it being totally normal to spend hours talking to your ex husband, inviting him to stay in your house with your new husband after a tumultuous first few years....not to mention having him stay with her in NJ and not telling Biniyam. Newsflash: If you are not American. We do not do this. It would be just as crazy to any American husband and his family. Biniyam and his sisters' reactions were TOTALLY normal. "I think this is white people shit. We don't do that." 😂 Nailed it! This is not a culture clash, it is Ari being Ari.

Does anyone else feel like Ari’s story of divorce is shady? You were happily married for 10 years and got a divorce because checks notes he was getting a doctorates and you wanted to travel?

When Ari’s boyfriend arrives Bini should sacrifice a goat in front of him like he did for Ariella .

I see they hired a nanny even though she has a single child and neither parents are working. Looks like she cares for her baby all the time, cooks and gives her lessons, gives her language lessons, probably cleans and is her therapist (that is a full time job on its own). Ari’s nanny Mimi is already the hero of this season. Calling it now!

What did you guys think of Ellie, the new Seattle pizza owner that is giving up her restaurant and selling her house for a cheating Caribbean island native who is cheating on her? When Ellie first started her interview I thought “there’s a sadness about her”. Then she revealed her husband died and I cried for her. I need her and her perfect tiny curls to fall in love with a great guy and find her happily ever after! Victor seems like an ass.

Steven with a V looks way better with short hair. He genuinely looks good with short hair and matches Alina look-wise. It's like night and day of haircuts.

I bet Steven’s secret is that he’s not a virgin, or something similarly boring. Or maybe he probably got drunk or watched porn a few times. 

Steven with a V is going to be interesting!

Corey, why do you want to be degraded by this awful woman and her grating voice? I think he has an embarrassment fetish and gets off by the degradation. His face when he talked about how it was going to be bad when she finds out about Peru Jenny, he almost seemed excited for the punishment he knows he’ll get.

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
11 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I couldn't recommend Corey as a match for anybody.  Except maybe Angela.  He makes a great punching bag.

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Jenny waking up to a bouquet of flowers in full make up and lipstick has gotta be the laziest idea production can come up with. They do this often with Yara too, she is always made up in getting out of bed scenes.

also Tiffany and Darcey 

• Love 5
17 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Might be more like Penis Colada in this case.

Auditioning for the next Home Alone sequel.  

You know the saying "old soul" as referred to young folks with the tastes, ideals, etc. of people generally much older than themselves?  Well, as someone who is a proud "old soul" I've come to the conclusion that Jenny fancies herself a "young soul".  We know her for what she is - just plain immature, delayed, backward, any number of other things NOT as nice sounding as "young soul."  From the way she dresses (when she's wearing her Western clothing she definitely doesn't dress like an older, more mature woman might/would), to the way she has tantrums/hissy fits, to the way she talks, she's immature to the umpteenth degree.

She totally thinks she's the bee's knees and deserving of her young boy/man child, and too hip and cool and youthful to be with a man her own age or at least closer to her in age (these are all things she thinks of herself, not that I or anyone in their right mind would ever think of her as) .  

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

YES! From the first day she grinned at yoga class bragging she was going off to deliver her baby in ethiOOOOOpia Ari clearly has to be the most special relevant unique person of all time. That damn grinning when she told her sisters her ex was coming. WHAT IS THAT DUMB SMILE? Attention seeking, she bathes in it. See the outfit and braids she had on with her baby in her backpack.  It looked like a costume. It always is with her. Attn  seeking. All of it. 

Ari wants it to come off as she's embracing Bini's culture, but how it actually comes off is exactly as you said, like an attention-seeking costume, right down to the most minute detail of toting her little papoose around on her back.

Evilin is so awful, there are no words for how awful she is.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

Interesting in that my son-in-law noticed that he never heard Areola use the word "divorce" in describing her relationship with her ex-husband.  She used the phrase "we broke up" to describe their parting, but not "divorced."

Maybe potential plot twist that she's still legally wed to the first dude and thus cannot legally marry Bini?  

Hmmmm.... 🤔

Well we all know how much Sharp loves to recycle story lines, so why not retread Brittany's "still married" story.

Hasn't there been at least one other cast member over the years who was not yet divorced from their prior spouse?  I could swear there was but just can't for the life of me recall who it was.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Xebug67 said:

Well we all know how much Sharp loves to recycle story lines, so why not retread Brittany's "still married" story.

Hasn't there been at least one other cast member over the years who was not yet divorced from their prior spouse?  I could swear there was but just can't for the life of me recall who it was.

On a spin-off there is Georgi.

• LOL 2
3 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Season 10, Jenny is still waiting for Sumit to marry her. She says she wants Sumit to just make a decision. He did sweetie, he has made his decision and your not getting married.

Jenny waking up to a bouquet of flowers in full make up and lipstick has gotta be the laziest idea production can come up with. They do this often with Yara too, she is always made up in getting out of bed scenes. Producers seem to have crossed the fuck it line a while ago.

I am so glad we finally saw a display of real anger from Jenny. She has real chicken energy when she’s angry. 🐓 Take charge queen.

Ari is delusional. She walks around thinking she’s on vacation from the Jersey Shore to like Cancun or something. Ethiopia is a low income country, and I imagine most people work in the informal sector like Bini. She carries very warped expectations of the country she’s in and the world she inhabits. Every decision she makes is fueled by impulsivity (pregnant after 3 months) or childish foolishness (teenage level obsession with getting Bibi jealous). Even the relationships she keeps demonstrate her lack of accountability and childishness, like getting mad at the sisters for airing out her dirty laundry. “I told them in confidence!” They are his sisters, why would you expect them not to relay to Bini your escalating obsession with bringing your ex husband back into your life?

Why did Ari almost call her ex-husband “babe” if she’s been with Bini for over a year???? She is a narcissist. Imagine her reaction to Biniyam having his ex wife come stay with them. Or him even talking to his ex. Trying to gaslight him about it being totally normal to spend hours talking to your ex husband, inviting him to stay in your house with your new husband after a tumultuous first few years....not to mention having him stay with her in NJ and not telling Biniyam. Newsflash: If you are not American. We do not do this. It would be just as crazy to any American husband and his family. Biniyam and his sisters' reactions were TOTALLY normal. "I think this is white people shit. We don't do that." 😂 Nailed it! This is not a culture clash, it is Ari being Ari.

Does anyone else feel like Ari’s story of divorce is shady? You were happily married for 10 years and got a divorce because checks notes he was getting a doctorates and you wanted to travel?

When Ari’s boyfriend arrives Bini should sacrifice a goat in front of him like he did for Ariella .

I see they hired a nanny even though she has a single child and neither parents are working. Looks like she cares for her baby all the time, cooks and gives her lessons, gives her language lessons, probably cleans and is her therapist (that is a full time job on its own). Ari’s nanny Mimi is already the hero of this season. Calling it now!

What did you guys think of Ellie, the new Seattle pizza owner that is giving up her restaurant and selling her house for a cheating Caribbean island native who is cheating on her? When Ellie first started her interview I thought “there’s a sadness about her”. Then she revealed her husband died and I cried for her. I need her and her perfect tiny curls to fall in love with a great guy and find her happily ever after! Victor seems like an ass.

Steven with a V looks way better with short hair. He genuinely looks good with short hair and matches Alina look-wise. It's like night and day of haircuts.

I bet Steven’s secret is that he’s not a virgin, or something similarly boring. Or maybe he probably got drunk or watched porn a few times. 

Steven with a V is going to be interesting!

Corey, why do you want to be degraded by this awful woman and her grating voice? I think he has an embarrassment fetish and gets off by the degradation. His face when he talked about how it was going to be bad when she finds out about Peru Jenny, he almost seemed excited for the punishment he knows he’ll get.

Ari has a permanent stank face, like she's always smelling farts.

Before the nanny was introduced as the nanny I thought she was a relative of Bini's that had moved in with them, because she so closely resembles him in my opinion.  But whereas I don't find Bini the least bit attractive, that woman is lovely and endearing.  She's clearly there to nurture Ari as much as to care for the baby.

Steven with a V for some reason reminds me of an uglier version of Steven 1.0, of Steven and Olga notoriety.

This is the line of ugly Ellie that has given me such a negative impression of her as opposed to my feeling any sympathy for her:  "But I guess, love makes you crazy."  It bugs me because it's like she's wearing her stupid decision to move there despite the guy having cheated on her already as some kind of badge of honor that distinguishes her from all of her normal, non-stupid decision making friends.  Like she's some kind of adventuress or something, which she so isn't.  There is NOTHING attractive about Ellie.  Maybe over the course of the season she'll demonstrate a lovely personality, but as of now I'm not holding my breath because these cast members usually get worse and worse as each episode progresses, as opposed to becoming more likable, or at all likable. 

And with all due respect to your estimation of Ellie having perfect tiny curls, I find her to have the ugliest hair in the world.

Ugly Ellie.jpg

Edited by Xebug67
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, Xebug67 said:

And with all due respect to your estimation of Ellie having perfect tiny curls, I find her to have the ugliest hair in the world.

Bwahahah, it is bad, really distracting. In this day and age of product and tools she could have a really great head of wavy hair.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5