Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: Love Makes You Crazy

• Start Topic

Haven’t we already had enough of Mormons on 90 Day Fiancé?

With all of the plastic surgery and/or gastric bypass procedures and hair replacement procedures running rampant through all the story lines, why has nothing ever been done about Jenny’s awful neckline?

And lastly, haven’t we already had enough of morons on 90 Day Fiancé?

• LOL 5
  • Love 5

I don't think a lot of these Americans could find someone in the U.S.  Even those who we consider to be conventionally attractive soon expose their neurotic/abusive behaviors that would send the most scamming American elsewhere.  Right now Ellie looks like a catch because she owns her own business and isn't Angela (or Laura or others).  But just because she owns a business (that I would LOVE to try as the pizza looked amazing) doesn't mean it's solvent or that she doesn't have a bit of crazy.  Her home didn't seem especially nice or anything, so she may not be appealing to local men.  

When we first meet many of these participants I often wonder why didn't meet someone local but then the truth slowly emerges.

• Love 11
18 hours ago, Twopper said:

Is this supposed to be a reprise of Andrew and the French woman who were supposed to get together in Mexico to avoid the lockdowns in the US and Europe?

Not exactly, they were supposed to meet up and quarantine first in Mexico as an alternate way of getting her into the US. SWaV and what's her name are both planning to relocate to Turkey. 

• Useful 1
12 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Surely after all this time, you are eating some of the food there.

I may be wrong, but I thought that Ariel claimed to "love Ethiopian food" in her last season, however I could be confusing her with another 90 Day-er. 

On 8/27/2021 at 11:07 AM, Mrs. Hanson said:

I have probably said this before, but as someone who tests people for their IQ's, I see Jenny as a 79 or 80.  70 is the cutoff to be delayed, and she seems to be able to function basic life skills and that is about it.  I also suspect she had some trauma in her life at ages 13-16 as she seems stuck in that Harlequin Romance stage of life.  I mean, normal women don't pack up their life and move to India to be with a liar 30 years younger.  I mean, he repeatedly lied to her and she took it!  Remember when she got her visa and cried like her puppy just died?  And when it came out he was still married she STILL STAYED??  I mean, she gets everything coming to her.

Don't forget that this disgusting, delayed hag also said that Sumit was cuter than the catfish photo he used.  Desperate much?  Only someone with zero to very low IQ would ever say that about that lying little troll.

• Love 10
16 hours ago, DVDFreaker said:

He said he was homesick and is in love with someone else

I didn't hear that, but if he did say it, maybe TLC is leading us on (again) and Kenneth will later clarify that he means his little grandson, Cooper. I've gotten suspicious of any big pronouncement "next time" cliffhangers that turn out to be nothing. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Are you thinking of when Laura went to Ecuador?  I don’t think Jenny has left India during the pandemic.

Was it the pandemic update episode when we saw Jenny and Sumit donning those ridiculous cards to ward off Covid?  

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 8/27/2021 at 11:02 AM, PearlClutcher said:

Jenny screaming at Sumit, what a sweetheart she is.  

Yeah, that's really gonna make him want to keep her around.  He seems so desperate for her to leave him so that he doesn't have to do the breaking up.  Dare I say he was happy and relieved when it seemed that her most recent status indicated not only that she would have to leave the country, but also that because he lost his passport, which was required for the country that would accept them both, he now had a valid excuse for not having to go there with her?

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
47 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

I don't think a lot of these Americans could find someone in the U.S.  Even those who we consider to be conventionally attractive soon expose their neurotic/abusive behaviors that would send the most scamming American elsewhere.  Right now Ellie looks like a catch because she owns her own business and isn't Angela (or Laura or others).  But just because she owns a business (that I would LOVE to try as the pizza looked amazing) doesn't mean it's solvent or that she doesn't have a bit of crazy.  Her home didn't seem especially nice or anything, so she may not be appealing to local men.  

When we first meet many of these participants I often wonder why didn't meet someone local but then the truth slowly emerges.

Enter Geoffrey.

When he first appeared, I thought, "Very attractive, well spoken, polite, gorgeous place, homeowner, dog lover...Now what the fresh hell is fundamentally wrong with him that he cannot find a local girl?"

And we soon found out.  

The truth always emerges.  A recent example is neckless Ed.  

2 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Was it the pandemic update episode when we saw Jenny and Sumit donning those ridiculous cards to ward off Covid?  

Is Sumbitch still wearing this Card of COVID?

I noticed his thick blue necklace around his neck but I don't believe it ever showed what was at the end of it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 8/27/2021 at 6:50 PM, MrBuhBye said:

At Ellie’s restaurant hair is a topping on every pizza.

That woman has the ugliest hair ever.  She surpasses Natalie in that department.  She is NOT an attractive woman even when that scraggly hair is down, but when it's pulled off of her face, SHUDDER, she becomes even uglier.  What's in it for that guy in Providencia to be with this fright mask of a human being, since she's moving there to be with him and not bringing him over to the U.S.? 

No surprise that he cheated on her.

Every time they've been showing the previews for this new season, the part about her saying, "Love makes you do crazy things," always makes me think of her as someone who thinks she's extra-special for following her heart to another country for some playboy who played her and cheated on her.  She seems like she will be wearing her "love" as a badge of honor or something.  Right off the bat I just don't care for her at all.  She seems smug and conceited, though where she can drum up any conceit is a puzzle to me, she's so ugly.

This dope should listen to her caring friend, as well as coworker who's going to buy her restaurant from her.

She's setting herself up for a world of hurt, and I'm there for it.😈

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

He made you a pina colada and now you're planning an escape.

I see what you did here! Now every time I see this couple, the "Pina Colada Song" will be their theme song in my mind. 

• LOL 7
On 8/27/2021 at 10:29 PM, endure said:

I agree she is not to bright but I don’t believe she gave up a lot materially to move to India, wasn’t she living with her daughter?  She seemed to think her life savings would go a lot further in India and Sumit did at that point have a promising career at a call centre lol.  She is determined to marry him, what’s it been, about eight years now?

Jennie epitomizes "sunk cost fallacy."

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 8/29/2021 at 5:04 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

We can all smell it from here.

Steven with a V:  Is he just an awkward kid with few social skills or is he an attention getting kid who wants to be on tv?  "I have fallen short of moral goals" or something like that:  We all have, dude.  But being a Mormon that could be anything from drinking a beer with friends or.....more.  A lot more!

There's something massively skeevy about him.  He's so greasy and scuzzy looking with that long hair.  He didn't look as awful as he does now when they showed photos of him with the shorter, styled hair.

The Russian girl looks adorable.  It cracked me up about the "harvesting/selling her organs" comment. 

He seems to me to be the Mormon version of weasel Brandon.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Twopper said:

Planning the fancy wedding Armando wants isn't all that exciting. 

But they already did get married! Does EVERY couple on this franchise have a second wedding which is basically a (totally unnecessary) fancy "vow renewal"? I guess the hook this time will be whether or not Armando's father will attend. Yawn...

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

Right now Ellie looks like a catch because she owns her own business and isn't Angela (or Laura or others).  But just because she owns a business (that I would LOVE to try as the pizza looked amazing

Road trip for @Floatingbison and the other PNW watchers? Pretty please? 

33 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

Is Sumbitch still wearing this Card of COVID?

I noticed his thick blue necklace around his neck but I don't believe it ever showed what was at the end of it.

Yes, he and Jenny were both wearing them at the astrologer's. Had to rewatch and take a screenshot. What the heck is Jenny doing to her face? 

BB81FDF7-CACF-4BD9-B476-788F31A562CF.jpeg

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
On 8/29/2021 at 7:09 PM, DVDFreaker said:

Jenny is an idiot, she should leave the country and never come back again but she has not left and is going to live with Sumit's parents?

I really hope Corey is dumped for good, he is a cheater and Evelin deserves much better and Corey's last name is fitting, he is a rat! 

I do not know why Areila telling Biniyam's sisters that her ex-husband is coming is good news, that is bad news and a disaster waiting to happen 

Kenneth is an ass, he wants to move back home because he is in love with someone else? Armando deserves better! 

Wasn't Evelin also a cheater in their previous season?  I can't stand her and her superiority act that she puts on.  While Corey's family welcomed her into their home and lives when she was living with him in Washington State, she did nothing similar for him when he previously came to her in Ecuador.  Her family did, but not her.  All she's ever acted like is that he's a huge burden to her because he doesn't speak Spanish, and was too needy and dependent on her.  She then proceeds to test him by making him have to travel to her on his own without having met him at the airport when he first landed there the last time.

Then there were some shenanigans with the old beat up red car he had given her money to buy.  I can't recall the exact details.  But now I notice they're riding around in a newer model black SUV.  How did that come about?

She also scammed money out of him so as to buy and bring tons of new clothes back to Ecuador with her when she first left him behind in Washington their previous season. 

She's a massive beyotch.  Corey's a massive idiot.  That makes for a great couple.  Sarcasm intended.

I effing hated Ari and Bini during their first season, and don't like them any better now (loved her mom though).  How does this hideous little troll get all these guys?  The ex-husband looks like he's way above her pay grade.  The rapper who used her in his music video.  Even Bini, who to me is NOT good looking in any way, shape or form.  He's kind of remotely sexy, if you're grading on a curve, but not conventionally handsome.  That baby, on the other hand, is adorable.

I totally agree with Bini's sisters that it's wildly inappropriate to be having her ex-husband coming to not only visit, but to stay with them in their home.  Bini is right to be jealous.  I do think there's something more to her relationship with her ex than is being let on.  Funny how she expressed jealousy and insecurity about him performing his dance act with his ex, yet she's now retaliating with her ex.  And the way she keeps referring to her ex as being her "best friend."  That alone would make me crazy if I were Bini.  It's one thing to have a female bestie, but if you're in a relationship with a man, your man should be your bestie, not another man, especially if that other man is your ex.

When did Kenny say he was in love with someone else?  I thought all he said was that he's been wildly homesick lately.  Armando is a little darling, so I don't think Kenny was cheating on him or pining for someone else.

• Love 11
On 8/30/2021 at 10:18 AM, Uncle JUICE said:

Trying to imagine a discussion where my wife is like "Wait, let's talk to our astrologist about this major life decision" that doesn't end with my re-examining our power of attorney paperrwork. 

But remember, Sumit is the man who gave Jenny a cardboard square on a string to wear around her neck to protect her from Covid back at the beginning of the pandemic. An astrologer consultation almost seems like a step up in critical thinking!

Oh, wait..., it appears that the card around neck thing might have worked!!

• LOL 8
2 minutes ago, lilysmom said:

But remember, Sumit is the man who gave Jenny a cardboard square on a string to wear around her neck to protect her from Covid back at the beginning of the pandemic. An astrologer consultation almost seems like a step up in critical thinking!

Oh, wait..., it appears that the card around neck thing might have worked!!

They've both had COVID

That COVID Card is about as reliable as Sumbitch's "astrologer" and "travel agent" friends.  

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
27 minutes ago, Xebug67 said:

That woman has the ugliest hair ever.

My guess is she has female pattern baldness. Notice how far back her hairline is. And a perm is a classic technique for making thin hair look fuller (Disclosure: Baldness runs heavy in my mother's side of the family. My mother had constant perms from her late 40s until she died, my uncle had a light combover in high school and was completely bald before he hit 30, and my grandmother wore wigs for the last 50 years of her life). She probably goes through a bottle of conditioner every week.

6 minutes ago, Xebug67 said:

I effing hated Ari and Bini during their first season, and don't like them any better now (loved her mom though).  How does this hideous little troll get all these guys? 

Ari initially comes off as witty and a little sassy, and probably puts out on the first or second date. That's a powerful combination to reel guys in. She likely has a string of short-term relationships that ended when the guys realized what a demanding, controlling hag she is.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
29 minutes ago, magemaud said:

But they already did get married! Does EVERY couple on this franchise have a second wedding which is basically a (totally unnecessary) fancy "vow renewal"? I guess the hook this time will be whether or not Armando's father will attend. Yawn...

Tsk tsk, @magemaud, you know the rules in Sharp Land! Every couple must have at LEAST two weddings. One regular, get married wedding (probably a sad, thrown together affair in a park or courthouse) AND a grand, fancy do, preferably in the country of origin of the foreign partner. Endless bickering must ensue. If done right, it can be a plot driver for an entire season. They are nothing if not loyal to the tried and true at Sharp.

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
On 8/29/2021 at 9:56 PM, Chicken Fingers said:

So many unlikeable retread couples doing the same old things. I might end up only watching the Pillow Talk version of this season. 

As regards one of the worst couples ever, all we're going to witness is the same old antics of Sumit trying to find ways to NOT have to marry Jenny.  I'm curious to see how creative he'll get without using the same old tired trope of his parents as the excuse.

I'm also waiting with bated breath for Sumit's mother to berate how awful a wife/homemaker Jenny is.  That will be everything!

Jenny has no business complaining or bitching about how she's treated because, you know, bed of your own making and all that!

Edited by Xebug67
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Xebug67 said:

As regards one of the worst couples ever, all we're going to witness is the same old antics of Sumit trying to find ways to NOT have to marry Jenny.  I'm curious to see how creative he'll get without using the same old tired trope of his parents as the excuse.

I'm also waiting with bated breath for Sumit's mother to berate how awful a wife/homemaker Jenny is.  That will be everything!

Jenny has no business complaining or bitching about how she's treated because, you know, bed of your own making and all that!

I almost forgot about that in the previews.

I can't wait, either!

(And in Mother Sumbitch's defense, that place did look really unkempt considering it's just the two of them living there.)

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

I wonder if, since it obviously didn't guard against COVID, maybe he's hoping it will ward off a marriage to Jenny?

or this was filmed before they contracted COVID and they were still believing wearing the cards would prevent it. 

30 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Tsk tsk, @magemaud, you know the rules in Sharp Land! Every couple must have at LEAST two weddings. One regular, get married wedding (probably a sad, thrown together affair in a park or courthouse) AND a grand, fancy do, preferably in the country of origin of the foreign partner. Endless bickering must ensue. If done right, it can be a plot driver for an entire season. They are nothing if not loyal to the tried and true at Sharp.

Oh yes, Pepper, as always you're correct. Sometimes a second wedding not only gets the couple another season, they might also get a spin-off like Chantel and possibly Libby. One thing I've learned about TLC "vow renewals," they often foreshadow a couple breaking up. 

• Love 2
On 8/30/2021 at 5:34 AM, MrBuhBye said:

With that eye makeup Ari looks like she is auditioning for a remake of Sid and Nancy or a Courtney Love biopic.

It's funny you say that, because I was thinking it made her look less homely than she usually looks.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Still ranks very high on the worst songs ever list.

I absolutely HATE that song. It just glorifies cheating and their laughing reaction at the end when they realize they've been plotting to cheat with each other...

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, magemaud said:

or this was filmed before they contracted COVID and they were still believing wearing the cards would prevent it. 

Good question!

It might have been just before since the previews for next week I believe show them cavorting in all their ignorant bliss and it mentions the pandemic.  

The way these shows are edited make it a bit confusing at times to pin down an actual time line, damned TLC.

• Love 1
On 8/30/2021 at 6:26 AM, MrBuhBye said:

There are many handsome African men, but sorry Bini has a goofy face.  

Totally.  Ari saying that about Bini makes me think of how Angela refers to Michael as her "Sexy Nigerian".  There's absolutely nothing sexy about that African-American Charlie Brown with the bowling ball shaped head.  Michael's cute but zero sex appeal.  He's cute like a son or brother would be.

Now if you want to talk sexy, hot, handsome African men, here we go, with Kodjoe being my absolute personal favorite, and Djimon Hounsou being my second favorite.

Boris Kodjoe.jpg

Djimon Hounsou.jpg

Chiwetelu Ejiofor.jpg

Peter Mensah.jpg

Edited by Xebug67
  • Love 5
On 8/30/2021 at 6:52 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

She looks transported with joy when she speaks to her ex husband. She looks at Bini like she owes him money. 

Corey is such a dullard. A drab, milk toast craven worm. Seriously? "I didn't cheat! I couldn't get it up!" Couple of things, Core. One is a little thing called "intention". Your dick may have failed you (better lay off the beer, son. Brewer's droop is a real thing), but had it been in fighting trim you would have placed it in the vagina of your side honey without a second thought. So that's hardly a defense. Two is, just exactly how far and firmly are you under Evilyn's thumb that, when called out, you whined that you "couldn't get it up"? What man with any pride would cop to that? I cannot even with this guy. 

Exactly.  Ari and Bini have never shown any chemistry to me, at least nothing like he seemed to have with his ex-wife when they were performing that dance at their wedding.

Corey is so homely to me.  He should be attractive, because he has gorgeous blue eyes, but when I look at him all I see is a pudgy ferret face.

The fact that he coulda/woulda/shoulda, I think Evilyn, the pot, said something along the same lines about Corey, the kettle, having been in the situation to begin with.  Pot meet kettle.

It always cracks me up when all of these a**holes say things in their confessionals that are "secrets" that they hope their significant other won't find out about.  Fakety fake fake BS.

Edited by Xebug67
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, Xebug67 said:

It always cracks me up when all of these a**holes say things in their confessionals that are "secrets" that they hope their significant other won't find out about.  Fakety fake fake BS.

It reached its nadir a couple of seasons ago when Stephanie said "I hope my mother never finds out I'm gay!" right before making out with another woman on national television.

• LOL 11
On 8/30/2021 at 7:35 AM, Colfrmb said:

@Uncle JUICE, I agree that a lot of people on these 90 day shows appear to have no friends or at least they blame their problems on that concept.  Since Ari is there, in the homeland of her husband, she could find other expat women, new mothers, neighbors, family or extended family - anybody to at least greet every morning on your way to Starbucks (oh wait, we aren’t in Kansas any more, Toto). 
Ari and her little family are financially supported by her parents.  She is incapable of caring for herself, or even for her child, so they are paying for caregivers to make sure nothing bad happens to the kid.   
Meanwhile, Ari is channeling her self mutation feelings that she had in her teens into getting plastic surgery and cosmetic surgery and procedures.  There is a pattern here, folks, and it’s more than a little sad.

I wonder of Ari's parents also supported her during her marriage to the ex-husband.

What plastic surgery did she have?  Did I miss hearing her say something about plastic surgery in this episode?

Every time I look too closely at her, all I can see is that pig snout of her with the flaring nostrils, and how her upper lip doesn't adequately cover her upper teeth.  She clearly hasn't had any plastic surgery to fix these issues, LOL.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
43 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I absolutely HATE that song. It just glorifies cheating and their laughing reaction at the end when they realize they've been plotting to cheat with each other...

Smoosh over, I'll come sit with you. I DESPISE that stupid song. It was a huge hit one summer, I must have been about 25, it was on every juke box, playing on every car radio.....I wanted to jump out a window.

• Love 2
On 8/30/2021 at 8:27 AM, magemaud said:

Was that Mormon Bible group leader (who looks like a cartoon character, Cotton Hill maybe?) Steven with a V’s (typing SWaV from now on) his father? I thought he called him “Bob.” 

I thought they said it was his stepfather.

• Love 2
On 8/30/2021 at 9:45 AM, bichonblitz said:

I hope she didn't. Why couldn't she just get a tourist Visa and stay for 6 mos to test the waters. Let her buddy run the biz and give him a bigger cut of the profits while she's away. Take a little time, live with the "fiancee" and see if the guy is worth it, then make you life altering decisions. 

Your advice makes too much sense, which is a guarantee as to why she didn't do that.  None of these cast members use any of the sense God gave them.

• Love 2

Evelin if you don't want to get married then don't freakin' get married. Nobody cares!

If Evelin and Corey were broken up when he went to Peru what right does she have to be so hurt about him "cheating"? It's not cheating, it's dating because you are broken up. He should have just kept his mouth shut. Then again, where is the story in that?

Ari with that perpetual grin on her face. I figured out why. Her teeth are too big for her mouth, therefore she can't close her mouth all the way. I thought she was young, how could she have been married to the other guy for 10 years? Anybody know her age? 

Sumshit is not going to marry granny. Ever. She will continue the 6 month trek back and forth till she's too old and sick to travel. I'm Jenny's age and the thought of all that travel every 6 mos with the super long hours on the plane exhausts me just thinking about it.  Sumshit only wants the free rent her SS and TLC money brings to the table. 

Poor pizza lady. She is lost and lonely. It's about to get worse. Hang on tight to your money, honey. Although, for having a successful restaurant it looked like she kind of lived in a shithole. I was expecting to see a beautiful house like crazy Stephanie had. Whatever. 

Steven with a V reminds me of Spicoli, that Sean Penn character on Fast Times at Ridgemont High. 

I don't get why do all of these friends and family (except family Libby) seem to have so much common sense yet they hang around with these idiots. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 6

You know, I couldn't put my finger on what was off with Ari's looks because you know sometimes she looks cute and or attractive even but more often just off. So thank you for pointing out the thing with her teef. Also she has something in the area between the eyebrows that seems a bit more pronounced. I don't quite know how to put it in words ( you are so good you guys!) but she looks like she is on the verge of a good sneeze.Yes?

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Is it just me or does anyone else wonder about the Ellie backstory?  I thought, hmmm...you went to bed "early" (or did you pass out from drinking too much?) and awoke to your hubby being dead (of an "accidental" overdose of prescription pills).  She also said he was the "life of the party" and "lit up every room he entered."  Could be that they were hard partiers...the "accidental" overdose is a way to put a positive spin on it.

• Useful 3
  • Love 10

There are many handsome African men, but sorry Bini has a goofy face.  

He also has "bad" skin -- all cratered and whatnot...his eyes are always red, and his nose has a "left" hook (ahem, that last part can have its advantages, but I digress)

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Hubby was a bartender and many of them have substance abuse issues.  

I used to own a restaurant and nightclub, and I can't begin to tell you how few and far between were the employees that hadn't had their licenses suspended due to DUIs.  The majority of employees we hired either rode bicycles or took mass transit to/from work.  They all lived for their shift drinks (all staff got to have an alcoholic beverage at the end of their shifts).  They would not leave to go him until they got their drinks.

• Love 5

Jenny has invested everything in making it work out with Sumit so it would be especially painful for her to give it all up. She has nothing left. Terrible decision in the first place and now she's stuck in this mess. How does one start over at her age? She could go back to nothing or keep trying with loser-boy. Really a bad situation to be so committed to someone when that person has no intention of carrying through.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

You know, I couldn't put my finger on what was off with Ari's looks because you know sometimes she looks cute and or attractive even but more often just off. So thank you for pointing out the thing with her teef. Also she has something in the area between the eyebrows that seems a bit more pronounced. I don't quite know how to put it in words ( you are so good you guys!) but she looks like she is on the verge of a good sneeze.Yes?

She's got the downturned hound dog eyes that some Brits have (see Paul Mcartney et al).

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Xebug67 said:

He seems so desperate for her to leave him so that he doesn't have to do the breaking up.  Dare I say he was happy and relieved when it seemed that her most recent status indicated not only that she would have to leave the country, but also that because he lost his passport, which was required for the country that would accept them both, he now had a valid excuse for not having to go there with her?

You know, this may be culturally insensitive, but I think you may be on to something.  I work with a lot of people in India, and they generally are much less willing to confront people, and in some cases don't like saying "no".  The family wanting him to marry an Indian woman, and, I'm assuming, have children, is probably also a factor, but it does seem possible that he's just hoping for her to take the hint.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
20 hours ago, Tuneful said:

In a few of the scenes (talking heads?) she thin enough as to look anorexic. Her face looked drawn. It wouldn't surprise me if she has eating disorder as well. I wish they would stop trying to make Areola (Assyhole-a, to me) happen. She is not attractive, not stable, and spoiled. She controls her Princeton parents through threats of "fragility" and "squalor."  What couple with a baby "needs" a 3-BR house? What's wrong with an apartment in a good neighborhood? Neither apparently works, so what do they need a nanny for? Now Bini is on the gravy train as well. The article I browsed about Addis Ababa described many thriving industries in that capital city although it didn't mention butt bongos. I could've done without the "white people s**t" witticism and pictured someone White referring to "black people s**t." Either way I did not find it funny.  

Sum Meat doesn't have the cojones to end it so he just acts passive and uninterested, hoping Jenny will get fed up, leave, and not come back. Months of FT quarantine together has probably not helped. When she's 70. he'll be 40. In the States, Jenny has family and had a home, a job, a car, friends, in a nice-looking area,, etc,. Why couldn't she find men in CA to date? What is she running away from? 

The lady from Seattle--it seems some people who start their own business work endless hours and extremely hard (for sure in the restaurant business), take a little break in the sun, have a flirtation, and go crazy. Ellie's colleague at the pizza parlor seemed nice and to care for her. A lot of mature men probably come in as customers or neighbors. Again, why go abroad? Why get rid of everything for someone you barely know? Some of the  American women on this show need to be smarter. Most are not spring chickens nor that attractive (even with heavy makeup), and chances are a knight is not going to ride up to take care of them. 

A psychiatrist or psychologist should host the next Tell-All. 

This.  Blacks saying shite about whites is doable.  Whites saying anything remotely shite-like about blacks and Jesse Jackson will get involved.  I was just telling my husband about a recent commercial promotion for some Father's Day TV show that really rubbed me the wrong way.  It was hosted I believe by Oprah and was some type of dedication honoring black fathers only.  If any program honoring only white fathers ever aired, there would be heck to pay.  It would be viewed as racist AF to only honor white dads.  The other way around, however, is ok in these MeToo times.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
19 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I noticed that in the previews. Take a look if you get a chance. It appears that she got scary thin as the season goes on. In my opinion, her past psychological problems would easily morph into an eating disorder.

What? Shawn adds SO much to the show! What would we do without her frequent and insightful “Wow!”?

World's worst host, second only to Andy Cohen.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Breedom said:

Jenny has invested everything in making it work out with Sumit so it would be especially painful for her to give it all up. She has nothing left. Terrible decision in the first place and now she's stuck in this mess. How does one start over at her age? She could go back to nothing or keep trying with loser-boy. Really a bad situation to be so committed to someone when that person has no intention of carrying through.

The pathetic part is that Jenny had about a million warning signs that moving to be with Sumit this time was a terrible idea, but she was bound and determined to do it because she was in love and Wuv Conquers All and stuff. As someone upthread mentioned, she comes off like someone who read a bunch of Harlequin Romances when she was growing up and didn't realize they were written as FANTASY, not reality. She really thinks she's met her Indian Prince and they're going to live Happily Ever After.

If she wasn't such a demanding harridan, I'd almost feel sorry for her.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7