Type keyword(s) to search

Jeopardy! Season 38 (2021-2022)

Athena
  • Start Topic

13 hours ago, 853fisher said:

I, on the other hand, said Lake Titicaca and Lake Maracaibo.  Only about 1800 miles between northern Venezuela and southern Peru.  Practically right next door!  ;)

I said Titicaca, which I knew was vaguely in the area (me waving my hand in the general direction of Central and South America). It's also the only lake I remember because though I may be old, my mind is sometimes still 12 years old.

11 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

I had just been watching America's Test Kitchen on PlutoTV and they did an extended commentary on Mirepoix, so I got that one easily.

I watch a lot of cooking shows - so that one was easy for me too. I really like the ones on YouTube with no narration, the sound of the chopping and cooking is just so calming. Almost as good as kitties and puppies.

11 hours ago, secnarf said:

I am not sure about "Mecca" as that is the city. Maybe a BMS?

I think of Mecca as both a city and a holy site, kind of like Jerusalem. Not that I know a whole lot about religion in general.

10 hours ago, kathyk24 said:

Geography is my worst subject so I would have bet nothing. Margaret is Twitter and she is gracious to the fans. She posted a link to an interview in her local paper. I learned she was Archie Manning's niece. I'm surprised Ken didn't ask her about that.

Wow! Archie Manning was a favorite of mine when I was a child (had a little crush on him).

1 hour ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

I thought he meant HE got a perfect score on all those tests but maybe he did mean his students. Considering some on his answers, I would bet it was his students. Not that jeopardy correlates with sat/ act perfectly but some of his answers as pointed out were just bad.  

I'm pretty sure he meant himself, unless I'm recalling incorrectly he said that in response to Ken asking him what qualified him to be a SAT teacher (or something like that).

5 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

I only recently discovered this thread. After years of not watching Jeopardy I started watching again. You guys are smart, is all I will say. Sometimes I surprise myself, though, when I get an answer right that seems to stump all of them. 

Welcome, and don't be intimidated. Many of us (including myself) don't get all the triple stumpers or run multiple categories all the time. Still, it's fun, and a fun crowd.

• Love 5

I was happy about the single-named celebrities including Awkafina for The Farewell. I thought it was a very good movie that didn't get the attention it deserved. It was one of the last movies I saw pre-pandemic.

• Love 4

I wanted to remind Clay of the old adage - when you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.  He didn't seem to be paying attention to the subject of some of the categories.  For someone who tutors students trying to pass the SAT and other tests, he seemed to lack some basic knowledge.  I was most flabbergasted at his Wyoming answer. 

I didn't understand Margaret's wager for FJ, other than she was emotionally and mentally tired of playing Jeopardy.  Maybe she figured go big or go home, and she ended up going home.  I liked her, and I think Ken liked her too.  He seemed to enjoy bantering with her, and went out of his way to make her feel comfortable.  

• Love 6
54 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

Sometimes I surprise myself, though, when I get an answer right that seems to stump all of them. 

I know! That always makes me feel good.  Last night I got gypsum when the players did not and was very pleased with myself.

And welcome to the thread!

• Love 5
(edited)
15 hours ago, illdoc said:

As to Margaret's wagering...if she had bet only what she needed to (7901, double Maureen's score plus 1), she would have won (4399 to Maureen's 2200). 

Then thank goodness she didn't.  I'm glad to see the last of her.  Maybe now we can get back to contestants clearing both boards during the game.

14 hours ago, Katy M said:

So, she figured, she would just start betting everything on FJ no matter what. 

Or she thought the category was a good one for her.  Which is far more likely.

I got FJ but it was a guess based on my knowing the name of exactly one lake in Central America (Lake Managua) and making up the name of another.  I was shocked that there actually is a Lake Nicaragua.

15 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Sorry but Maureen was bugging me. Do we need to say "please" every time we pick a clue?

Margaret did that too.  It's part of why the games have been too slow to clear the boards on all but one of her days.

15 hours ago, Katy M said:

We all know geography isn't my thing so I said Victoria and Tanganyika, which I'm sure are nowhere near each other, LOL.

Actually they are fairly close to each other, but they're in Africa, not Central America.  Still, not the worst guess I've ever heard.  At least you didn't think Mexico had once owned Wyoming.

15 hours ago, Browncoat said:

TS/missed DD I got include mirepoix, gypsum, and wyvern.  I said Mecca for that one -- would that have counted, or did they need the Grand Mosque?

Not that it mattered in the end, but Clay should have been counted wrong for Daylight Savings Time.  It's Daylight Saving Time.

I got all those as well.  I'm going to rule "yes" on Mecca since that was my answer.

Technically it's Daylight Saving Time, but everyone puts the 's' on saving, so I'd rule that correct because it's colloquially correct.

16 hours ago, 853fisher said:

Margaret's comments about how British TV is received in the US made me laugh. We used to watch "Are You Being Served?" on PBS after church Saturday nights. One joke about "Mrs. Slocombe's pussy" and any American show would have been turned off and never spoken of again, but because they had British accents, innuendo and sex farce became Culture. It's still a favorite show and those Saturday nights are treasured memories, but highbrow it wasn't!

I got to watch Monty Python's Flying Circus for a similar reason.  My dad watched it, and because it was British we didn't catch half of what was really going on.  Even with all the men in dresses, lol.

13 hours ago, 853fisher said:

I can't cite any specific examples off the top of my head, but I feel they're consistently inconsistent on things like this, and it does my head in.

They are terribly inconsistent about things like this.

12 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Didn't even know Hi Fidelity was a TV show

I didn't either but I adore the book so it was a gimmee.

He deserved to finish last for "Reza Pahlavi announced a change of name from this to this...'What is India?'" alone.

To be fair to Clay, I also tried to make it something from that area, like "Was East Pakistan a place?", completely forgetting that Reza Pahlavi was the Shah of Iran.  And I'm old enough to remember the revolution which deposed his son.  Oy.  (Just googled, and yes, East Pakistan was a place.  It's now Bangladesh.  Still the wrong answer, though.)

But that Wyoming answer?  Yikes.

2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Firmly on team Daylight Saving Time here. I got mirepoix, Corcovado, Freud, The Great Mosque (at home I added in Mecca), and Iman.

I got Freud and Iman as well.

Edited by proserpina65
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, zoey1996 said:

I was happy about the single-named celebrities including Awkafina for The Farewell. I thought it was a very good movie that didn't get the attention it deserved. It was one of the last movies I saw pre-pandemic.

I didn't see it at the theater, but I also liked it a lot - and her performance.

• Love 1

Regarding DST - every calendar I can put my hands on (paper and in apps/software) says Saving.  Every search result  on news sites says Saving.  Every spring and fall, someone (many someones) points out, it's "Saving" not "Savings".  I can't find a single "official" source that calls it Savings.

Yet, when I go to Google and type in "DAYL" the suggested results all start with "Daylight Savings..."  Heck, I know it's Saving but I still have to stop and think before I say it to keep "Savings" from coming out.  So should Clay have been ruled incorrect for Savings?  Tough call, to me.  Sometimes I think they should have just not used a particular clue (or changed the wording) if the judging is going to be so tricky, and this is one of those times.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, possibilities said:

Now I'm trying to remember whether my credit union has a saving account of a savings account. It's not relevant, but my brain is all worked up.

I just checked with my bank - I have a "savings" account.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1

Margaret's comments about how British TV is received in the US made me laugh. We used to watch "Are You Being Served?" on PBS after church Saturday nights. One joke about "Mrs. Slocombe's pussy" and any American show would have been turned off and never spoken of again, but because they had British accents, innuendo and sex farce became Culture. It's still a favorite show and those Saturday nights are treasured memories, but highbrow it wasn't!

Never understood why they are seen as highbrow with American tv being so puritanical I would have thought the opposite would be true, probably why very few UK shows are shown on US tv, especially comedies.

Pussy in the UK is more commonly used to describe a cat but everyone knew what the innuendo was but it was very rarely used for anything but a cat. Trust me I've fallen foul of using it on many occasions to describe a cat & the horrified look on peoples faces is a sight to behold. Even after I've tried to explain the phrase pussy cat a few don't believe me.

• LOL 3
45 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

Never understood why they are seen as highbrow with American tv being so puritanical I would have thought the opposite would be true, probably why very few UK shows are shown on US tv, especially comedies.

It's the accents.  They make everything seem more classy.  And lots of UK shows end up on US tv, although not usually on the main networks.  Heck, that's why Masterpiece Theatre existed.

• Love 6
51 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

Pussy in the UK is more commonly used to describe a cat but everyone knew what the innuendo was but it was very rarely used for anything but a cat. Trust me I've fallen foul of using it on many occasions to describe a cat & the horrified look on peoples faces is a sight to behold. Even after I've tried to explain the phrase pussy cat a few don't believe me.

That's why they have the word "fanny."  They don't need "pussy" to describe that.

• LOL 4
(edited)

Margaret describes the reason for her wager here.  "I feel like every time you're on here you have to shoot your shot. Go big or go home, basically."  Sounds to me like a lot of who-shot-John from someone who doesn't understand game theory.  She's a fine quizzer but really let herself down in this area.

Edited by 853fisher
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, 853fisher said:

Margaret describes the reason for her wager here.  "I feel like every time you're on here you have to shoot your shot. Go big or go home, basically."  Sounds to me like a lot of who-shot-John from someone who doesn't understand game theory.  She's a fine quizzer but really let herself down in this area.

Unless my theory is correct in that she didn't really want to be there (which I'm basing on what I see as her obvious discomfort) and decided she was going to go with the go big or go home strategy so she could either go home or get rich quicker.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

I only recently discovered this thread. After years of not watching Jeopardy I started watching again. You guys are smart, is all I will say. Sometimes I surprise myself, though, when I get an answer right that seems to stump all of them. 

Welcome! 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

Actually they are fairly close to each other, but they're in Africa, not Central America.  Still, not the worst guess I've ever heard.  At least you didn't think Mexico had once owned Wyoming.

But that Wyoming answer?  Yikes.

Admittedly, I only became aware of this in the past few weeks since the Russian invasion of Ukraine 🇺🇦 with claims that it once belonged to them. Evidently, a small section of present-day Wyoming did belong to Mexico at one time. Clay's answer was still a wild choice though, when Texas was the obvious answer especially because of the date given in the clue.

Screenshot_20220308-134434_Gallery.jpg

• Useful 8
3 hours ago, ProudMary said:

Evidently, a small section of present-day Wyoming did belong to Mexico at one time.

You beat me to it.  I looked that up last night, because, like most, I thought his answer was outlandish, but then thought it seemed so weird, he might know something I don't.  Lo and behold, yep, part of what is now Wyoming did belong to Mexico.

I don't think he knew that, though.  If he did know that much about Wyoming, he'd know it became a state more than 50 years later than the date in the clue.  And, mostly, that would be quite an obscure fact for a $1200 clue.  I think, like someone else speculated, he thought he was still in the Y Is The Second Letter category - the round started with two clues from that category, followed by the Daylight Saving Time clue, then the Texas clue.

• Love 6

Wyoming is still a bad answer.  I didn't think it was bad because of where Wyoming was located vs Mexico but because of the year.  The 1830s screams Alamo, Mexican American War.  Wyoming didn't become a state until 1890, more than 50 years later. 

• Love 1
(edited)
19 hours ago, zoey1996 said:

Also knew Pig in a Poke and a couple more that I don’t remember now.

With the clue being:

• This porcine phrase means you're being offered something but its real value is being hidden

I don't suppose my response of: 

• What is a silk purse for a sow's ear? 

would have been anywhere near acceptable?

"Ike's yikes," OTOH, was pretty awesome. 

I yelled very loudly "WHAT!?!?!!!" when I saw Margaret's wager, but others have made such mistakes ("mistake" IMO) and still managed to win when they were the only ones who knew FJ.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 3
(edited)

I did kinda terrible tonight but FJ was a pre-instaget! (I sad RENT as soon as I saw the category.)

Got the missed clues of seal, The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, Symbols, Bahamas, noble gases, aggrandizement, and "man, my son" (I had to memorize If when I was in 5th grade).

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 2

I always know "If" because my dad has the poem on a tapestry that is still hanging in their house. He has had it for as long as I can remember.

I am, however, disappointed in myself that I didn't get Rent. It's been a long time since I have seen it, and I am terrible with names.

• Love 5
(edited)

Super-duper, extra crispy instaget FJ for me tonight.  I barely started reading the clue before I had the correct response.  I did pre-guess Hamilton, though.

So many TS!  I got seal, Bahamas, natural, "cruelest month", noble gases, "man, my son", and Johnson.  For the Wagner Ring Cycle, I said Wagner operas -- can I get a ruling from the judges on that one?  It probably would have prompted a BMS, and I'm not sure I would have gotten to Ring Cycle in time. 

Edited by Browncoat
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, stonehaven said:

I'm sad no one got Katherine Johnson.

I blanked on her name. I would have gotten it, if I could have had 5 minutes:)

In the Poetry category, I thought the $2000 clue was the easiest.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

A bit late, but on Monday I was surprised there was no correction to Clay's answer in the second letter y category. He said "wyrm" ( granted, he might have mentally spelled it differently but you can't tell when spoken) and that's another term for dragon or wyvern. I said wyvern instantly, but I think there's an argument for wyrm, even within the strictures of heraldic language. Judges?

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Browncoat said:

Super-duper, extra crispy instaget FJ for me tonight.  I barely started reading the clue before I had the correct response.  I did pre-guess Hamilton, though.

So many TS!  I got seal, Bahamas, natural, "cruelest month", noble gases, "man, my son", and Johnson.  For the Wagner Ring Cycle, I said Wagner operas -- can I get a ruling from the judges on that one?  It probably would have prompted a BMS, and I'm not sure I would have gotten to Ring Cycle in time. 

Regarding "Wagner operas," I think that would have been ruled incorrect for the same reason "elements" wasn't accepted for "noble gases": There's an opera alphabetically after Siegfried, namely Tristan and Isolde

I thought FJ was easy also, but I don't recall that Rent and Hamilton come up more often than other musicals. I thought Bye Bye Birdie was a strange guess; I wonder what Gundeep was thinking.

• Love 3

This stayed a pretty evenly-matched game, even after missed DDs.

The Katherine Johnson TS made me sad.  I was a bit surprised by the cruelest month TS.

Damn reality shows - I'd have only missed two in the entire first round if not for that category, which I blew entirely (I knew the $200 clue was about the Kardashians, but I couldn't come up with the name of the show, so just said The Kardashians).

In DJ, I only ran words, but I came close in almost all the rest, missing one each in poetry, first & last, science, and warfare.  I was terrible in Oscars, though, which is usually a pretty good category for me.  I didn't know the song or Sam Rockwell, and could not remember Jerome Robbins's name to save my life.

FJ was an instaget.  And now I have Mark in my head saying, "And Roger will attempt to write a bittersweet, evocative song ... that doesn't remind us of 'Musetta's Waltz'."

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Browncoat said:

little crossover... 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, ABay said:

If it's a musical it's always either Rent or Hamilton.🙄

The last time we had Broadway Musicals as the category for Final it was Annie. Not a Rent or Hamilton to be seen.  I think recently we've been more likely to get history questions where Hamilton is the answer and because he's in the  Zeitgeist because of the musical people can think of it.

I don't care for Rent but I recently watched Tick, Tick . . . Boom so Jonathan Larson is very fresh in my mind. 

1 hour ago, GreekGeek said:

I thought Bye Bye Birdie was a strange guess; I wonder what Gundeep was thinking.

I can't think of anything it could be beyond at least it's the name of a musical?

• Love 2
10 hours ago, GreekGeek said:

Regarding "Wagner operas," I think that would have been ruled incorrect for the same reason "elements" wasn't accepted for "noble gases": There's an opera alphabetically after Siegfried, namely Tristan and Isolde

I quibbled with their alphabetizing in that clue.  Das Rheingold is only alphabetically first if you alphabetize by "Das."  But "Das" is an article--it means "the"--and initial articles are supposed to be ignored when alphabetizing.

Going by correct alphabetization, the first Ring opera is Gotterdammerung, and the last is Die Walkure.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

With the clue being:

• This porcine phrase means you're being offered something but its real value is being hidden

I don't suppose my response of: 

• What is a silk purse for a sow's ear? 

would have been anywhere near acceptable?

I think possibly not. Making a silk purse out of a sow's ear is making something bad better - kind of like "when you get lemons make lemonade"  I believe a pig in a poke is more likely to indicate that you've bought something bad, or worthless, since you bought it without seeing it.  Or at least that's the context I always heard it in (raised by a southerner).

13 hours ago, stonehaven said:

I'm sad no one got Katherine Johnson. An amazing legend....and I had no clue for FJ. I realized that if it's not a Rogers and Hammerstein musical, I am lost....

I was amazed and pleased I got her. I am terrible with names.

11 hours ago, Ailianna said:

A bit late, but on Monday I was surprised there was no correction to Clay's answer in the second letter y category. He said "wyrm" ( granted, he might have mentally spelled it differently but you can't tell when spoken) and that's another term for dragon or wyvern. I said wyvern instantly, but I think there's an argument for wyrm, even within the strictures of heraldic language. Judges?

You might have a point. I remember saying that wyrm was actually a pretty good guess, but I didn't question whether or not it was wrong.

I know Sam Rockwell, I love Sam Rockwell (and the movie in the clue) but all I could come up with was "The red shirt guy in Galaxy Quest!"

I did okay, did not get Rent. I was somewhere in the neighborhood (if being in the neighborhood means, okay, Italian names - what show used American names in place of the Italian names of its inspiration)

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Ailianna said:

I said wyvern instantly, but I think there's an argument for wyrm, even within the strictures of heraldic language. Judges?

I'm no expert on heraldry, but based on a little cursory Googling, it looks like heraldic language specifically uses "wyvern" to refer to a dragon with only two legs, as in the picture.  I see that heraldry used the terms "dragon," "wyvern," "lindworm," and "salamander," but I can't find any mention of just "wyrm."

The clue also said that the word came from the Latin for "viper."  That tidbit might be enough to eliminate "wyrm." 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, stonehaven said:

I'm sad no one got Katherine Johnson. An amazing legend....

I'm disappointed that Miranda didn't get Katherine Johnson. Miranda is from Fayetteville, West Virginia, about 65 miles from Katherine Johnson's hometown of White Sulphur Springs, WV. There has been a ton of local press about Johnson since Hidden Figures came out.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

I know Sam Rockwell, I love Sam Rockwell (and the movie in the clue) but all I could come up with was "The red shirt guy in Galaxy Quest!"

The best Star Trek movie!

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
(edited)
On 3/8/2022 at 11:54 AM, Welshman in Ca said:

I loved Mrs. Slocombe, "“Oh hello, Is that Mr Akbar? Mrs Slocombe here, your next door neighbour. I wonder would you do me a favour? Would you go to my front door, bend down, and look through the letter box, and if you can see my pussy, would you drop a sardine on the mat? No, Mr Akbar, I’m at work.”

I wasn't sad to see Margaret go. I think she bet poorly on purpose. Her pacing really slowed things down. I like the contestants who are quick, and ready with their choice of category etc.

I knew the opera was La Boheme but did not know Rent was based on it. "Loretta Castorini: I know! I mean, she was coughing her brains out, and still she had to keep singing!"

Edited by Deskisamess
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, Katy M said:

I got the missed clues of seal, Bahamas, Cruelest month and Wagner's ring cycle.

I got the first three but said Wagner's operas for that one, completely forgetting about Tannhauser even though I've seen it.  Maybe I'd have gotten a "be more specific"?  I did hear Ken say that my answer of domestication instead of husbandry was acceptable, though.

16 hours ago, Browncoat said:

For the Wagner Ring Cycle, I said Wagner operas -- can I get a ruling from the judges on that one?  It probably would have prompted a BMS, and I'm not sure I would have gotten to Ring Cycle in time. 

It would've been ruled wrong or maybe have gotten a BMS because there's also Tannhauser.

16 hours ago, stonehaven said:

I'm sad no one got Katherine Johnson. An amazing legend....and I had no clue for FJ. I realized that if it's not a Rogers and Hammerstein musical, I am lost....

I was saddened by that as well.

FJ was an instaget.  I don't know a lot of Broadway musicals, but I do know that Rent was based on La Boheme and I love Boheme.

14 hours ago, GreekGeek said:

Oh, heck, I forgot all about Tristan as well.  And I consider myself an opera expert.

14 hours ago, GreekGeek said:

I thought FJ was easy also, but I don't recall that Rent and Hamilton come up more often than other musicals. I

Hamilton certainly comes up a lot.  Half the time the only reason I get it right is that it comes up so often on Jeopardy.

3 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

That's fantastic!

• Love 1

@ECM1231

On 3/8/2022 at 9:27 AM, ECM1231 said:

Welcome - it is a fun group of folks who have helped me get through some tough times the past with humor and trivia (always a good combination).

As I have probably mentioned before Broadway Musicals would be one of my dream categories - having said that I would hope not to fall flat on my face should the Jeopardy gods ever grant me a visit to the show.  Rent is not one of my favorite shows but it was an Instaget.

With my luck, if I were ever on the show, I would get lots of science and/or Central/South American geography questions like Monday's FJ which if you had spotted me the country, I would not have gotten right. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, MrAtoz said:

I quibbled with their alphabetizing in that clue.  Das Rheingold is only alphabetically first if you alphabetize by "Das."  But "Das" is an article--it means "the"--and initial articles are supposed to be ignored when alphabetizing.

One would hope. But when I can’t find a title in an alphabetized list, I’ve learned to look under “T”, where I often find it along with all the other titles that begin with “The”.  This seems to be a growing trend, and one that really annoys me.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, MrAtoz said:

I wouldn't ask you to sit through all 20 hours either, but I do love this version of "Ride of the Valkyries" from the Metropolitan Opera's 2010 production, just for that giant stage gizmo that the valkyries are riding on.

I got Wagner’s Ring Cycle.  That production of Die Walkure lives on my DVR permanently.

My brain only went as far as Katherine… um… um before the buzzer.

I had La Boheme but not Rent, husband said Rent straight away but didn’t get the association.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

One would hope. But when I can’t find a title in an alphabetized list, I’ve learned to look under “T”, where I often find it along with all the other titles that begin with “The”.  This seems to be a growing trend, and one that really annoys me.

It's what you get when you let your computer do the alphabetizing.

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, Prevailing Wind said:

It's what you get when you let your computer do the alphabetizing.

We can program a computer to follow the rules we want it to follow for a simple task like that. I mean, I learned a tiny bit of BASIC decades ago and I think I could probably do it.

• Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, Deskisamess said:

I loved Mrs. Slocombe, "“Oh hello, Is that Mr Akbar? Mrs Slocombe here, your next door neighbour. I wonder would you do me a favour? Would you go to my front door, bend down, and look through the letter box, and if you can see my pussy, would you drop a sardine on the mat? No, Mr Akbar, I’m at work.”

"I've trained her to knock the receiver off the cradle and put her head near it after its rung about five times.  Oh, she's answered!  Now listen, I'm going to be later than I thought, so why don't you go and lie down on that nice big comfy bed and wait for me, and when I come, I'll tickle your tummy all over!  Oh, I'm so sorry, Mr. Akbar, I must have misdialed!  What do you mean, you'll leave your key under the mat?"  I don't remember what I had for lunch yesterday, but I remember that!

4 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

That was another silly "Are You Being Served?" bit.  "Where's the maintenance file?"  "Oh, you mean the one marked 'decoration'?  I filed it yesterday under 'A.'  I file most things under 'A.'  A letter, a sales report..."  "A very difficult way of finding anything!"

Edited by 853fisher
  • LOL 5

Of the eight TSes in the first round, I got Buzz Aldrin, Genesis, Saturn V, Sweden, and Descarte.

Of the ten TSes in the second round I got Grandma Moses, Confuscianism, Gizmo, and speech (I'd like to thank E.R. and Dr. Greene's brain tumor for me knowing what Broca's Area does).

Never mind the two and four clues, respectively, they didn't even get to. 

Got both round two DDs but not get FJ.

Sometimes a champ bugs me at first but grows on me over the course of their games. So far Maureen is not one of them.

(Is it just me or did it sound like Ken almost said "New Hamster" when he introduced her?)

• Love 6