Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E06: Land of the Free, Home of the Shade

• Start Topic

Ashley and Michael adjust to caring for two children while on a family photoshoot. It’s Candiace’s first time hosting a girl’s trip, but the mood dampens after Gizelle and Karen’s issues resurface - again. Robyn opens up to the women about her lack of motivation, and Gizelle shuts down any talk of her relationship with her ex. The evening takes a turn when the women question the reasoning behind Wendy's many changes - and her alleged "lack of substance" hits deep.

Airdate: 08.15.2021

Gizelle says she doesn't believe the Eddie rumors. I believe she said that strictly for the cameras so at the reunion she could say see, I said I didn't believe it. This is the third time (that we see) of Gizelle discussing it on camera. 

Gizelle questioning (grilling) Candiace about Chris' role in her business is so stank. She's not asking as a genuine friend. She's trying to hit something that will sound like there's a problem. What does he do? How does your mom feel? Candiace is handling it beautifully. At the end Gizelle just comes out and says that it's him being her coattails. We get it, your job is to stir the pot. If you stir the pot no one has their hand in yours. 

Robyn sharing her depression and Gizelle just going at her while the others at the table are trying to be supportive. Last edit. This was not a good episode for Gizelle. Or Robyn. 

Edited by LaurelleJ
  • Love 23

This is the first time I thought Gizelle and, especially, Robyn, were authentic in their concern for another castmate. Wendy *is* dressing and acting very differently, and I would wonder, too.

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

Whether it's Gizelle asking the question or not, I think general consensus is having your husband managing you in your entertainment career is probably not a good idea.  Even Ms. Dorothy side eyes that.  And even though it came from Gizelle, she is correct in that many men do become resentful when their women become more successful than they.  Candiace has RHOP, her acting roles, her music career and getting her MBA.  What is Chris doing besides babysitting Candiace? He's not at the restaurant and the online cooking classes obviously aren't keeping him very busy if he's babysitting Candiace instead of babysitting his career.  

I have said that it's not the best idea for Chris to manage Candiace, and it could cause problems in their marriage. The producers know this, which is why they had the conversation with Candiace and her mother about it. My issue with Gizelle is that in her line of questioning, it was clear that she was seeking the negative from Candiace, and Candiace answered every question with tact and class, so Gizelle didn't get the reaction she wanted. Then in the end she has to state that she thinks he is riding her coattails. 

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

My issue with Gizelle is that in her line of questioning, it was clear that she was seeking the negative from Candiace, and Candiace answered every question with tact and class, so Gizelle didn't get the reaction she wanted. Then in the end she has to state that she thinks he is riding her coattails. 

It doesn't matter what Gizelle wants; if Candiace is secure with what's going on in her marriage, that's all that matters.  If Candiace was NOT secure, then Gizelle's questions would've gotten to her.  Even Robyn said as long as Candiace trusts her husband and is secure with what's going on in her marriage, then ok.

Can't no woman in a series of failed relationships come for me and my relationship.  I hate the "you can't keep a man!" rhetoric (from both the cast and the fans) but seriously if all of your relationships end in shambles, you really can't come for me and what's going on in my relationship.

Wendy was tearful because she knows deep down Gizelle and Robyn were right, she's not booty popping for herself, she's booty popping for external reasons.

• Love 22
1 hour ago, Rorysmom said:

This is the first time I thought Gizelle and, especially, Robyn, were authentic in their concern for another castmate. Wendy *is* dressing and acting very differently, and I would wonder, too.

It did not sound like it came from a place of concern. If so, they could have had that conversation when it was just the 3 of them. It came from a place of jealousy on Gizelle’s part and, per usual, Robyn has to ride Gizelle’s coattails. 

Gizelle claiming she doesn’t get defensive when the ladies ask about her love life is peak delusion. I think I became a fan of Askale tonight.  

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, laprin said:

Gizelle claiming she doesn’t get defensive when the ladies ask about her love life is peak delusion. I think I became a fan of Askale tonight.  

Gizelle is so damn messy.  Imagine if she were as beautiful inside as she is on the outside.  Guess she would have never qualified to get on this show tho 🤔

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

Wendy makes me so so sad because she obviously has no personal sense of identity. I never thought I would be hoping to have “four degrees Wendy” back on the show. 

I felt badly for her tonight.  Something is def wrong.  ☹️

• Love 11

My goodness, Gizelle has zero emotional depth. I thought she was dismissive and even cruel to Robyn tonight. She was fixated on Juan’s reaction to Robyn  versus looking at the reasons for her friend’s “laziness”. I put that in quotes b/c I don’t think she’s lazy at all. I think she’s depressed- who wouldn’t be given the last year and half we’ve had? But Gizelle would rather judge her good friend than try to offer emotional support. She’s awful. 

• Love 22

Giselle is a total miserable person. Her own girls weren't buying the fake reconciliation she was trying to peddle. She is just a plain ole nasty trifling has been.

And yes Gizelle, no man wants to marry unattractive, this is why you are not married or in a committed relationship because you are unattractive inside as well as outside.

Robin needs to pull her sloth self out of Gizelles ass ASAP! Robin has ALWAYS been a milktoast pushover and BORING! Juan is on this show to give her a storyline and as income support but nothing else, they will never remarry.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
36 minutes ago, JonnieUniteUs said:

I felt badly for her tonight.  Something is def wrong.  ☹️

I totally agree. 

Something is definitely really wrong and it concerns me. She doesn’t seem to understand that you can be professional during your work life but you can also let your guard down outside of your work lif, and that’s normal

They really are two different things.

I have experienced people from work who met me outside of work who said “you are totally different than at work” and I’ve have the exact opposite happen. People who I know outside of work saw a different side of me when I was being a professional.

When I am working, I am working and a professional and when I am not working I let my guard down.

I am 56, so the separation between my work self and personal self was easy and more natural. This was way before social media and there was more separation between work and personal life.

I am a huge proponent of having a balance in your life and if you are able to do a job that lets you work from home, you are beyond blessed. My husband has worked remotely for 3+ years and I either work remotely or am traveling to a client site. We are truly fortunate as only about 30% of jobs in the US afford the opportunity.

Wendy makes me sad because she is so intelligent but so insecure (I can relate) but it seems like she never understood nor picked her own personal path to both personal and professional fulfillment and now she has just convoluted it into some really cringeworthy TV.

• Love 17
23 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

I totally agree. 

Something is definitely really wrong and it concerns me. She doesn’t seem to understand that you can be professional during your work life but you can also let your guard down outside of your work lif, and that’s normal

They really are two different things.

I have experienced people from work who met me outside of work who said “you are totally different than at work” and I’ve have the exact opposite happen. People who I know outside of work saw a different side of me when I was being a professional.

When I am working, I am working and a professional and when I am not working I let my guard down.

I am 56, so the separation between my work self and personal self was easy and more natural. This was way before social media and there was more separation between work and personal life.

I am a huge proponent of having a balance in your life and if you are able to do a job that lets you work from home, you are beyond blessed. My husband has worked remotely for 3+ years and I either work remotely or am traveling to a client site. We are truly fortunate as only about 30% of jobs in the US afford the opportunity.

Wendy makes me sad because she is so intelligent but so insecure (I can relate) but it seems like she never understood nor picked her own personal path to both personal and professional fulfillment and now she has just convoluted it into some really cringeworthy TV.

That’s awesome you both can work remotely!

you’re right, Wendy seems very insecure.  I wanted to hug her tonight seeing how gizelle messed with her mind. ☹️ But I also see gizelle and robyns side wondering with is up with the personality change.  Karen seemed so sweet and effective soothing Wendy.
Wendy already seems quite vulnerable in the change in her personality but who knows how much the show is focusing on to “entertain”

Edited by JonnieUniteUs
  • Love 9

Not surprised Michael wants to take Dean to the office and dump him on the women in the office.  The man’s a pig.  He’s probably planning the day when he dumps both of the boys on Ashley and walks away.  With Juan.

• LOL 10
  • Love 13

Oh, come on now, Gizzy. You can't sit at the table and shade and critique everybody then say you will only discuss your relationship in private. It doesn't work that way, boo. Keep that up and you may not have another season. 

• Love 21

Gizelle and Robin

I sleep until noon, don't run my business properly, my kid is failing school

My ex got multiple baby mommas, the one business I had is shut down

Also Gizelle and Robin 

Wendy you have no substance 

• LOL 10
  • Love 8

Let me get this straight. It's acceptable for Gizelle to question Wendy's transformation in public.  It's also acceptable for her to try to shade Candiace's marriage in public. But it's not acceptable for Askale to question her nonexistent relationship with Jamal?

Ashley is just as horrible as Michael. Why would they both think it's acceptable for Michael to pawn their baby off on his female coworkers, so Ashley could go on trip where she's unwanted by the host? I wish we could see the looks on his coworkers' faces.

• Love 15
6 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Oh, come on now, Gizzy. You can't sit at the table and shade and critique everybody then say you will only discuss your relationship in private. It doesn't work that way, boo. Keep that up and you may not have another season. 

It's like she came with a list of topics To dinner and she had them under her plate. Talk about Candiace's husband managing her? Check. Shade Robyn? Check. Confront new booty Wendy? Check. if someone asks about Jamal, say you don't want to speak in front of Karen. Check. Now if next week Askale asks her away from Karen I will fall out. 

5 hours ago, Boofish said:

Gizelle and Robin

I sleep until noon, don't run my business properly, my kid is failing school

My ex got multiple baby mommas, the one business I had is shut down

Also Gizelle and Robin 

Wendy you have no substance 

Pretty much. I don't expect much substance from a housewives franchise. I still wonder what kind of story we would have gotten from Wendy and the ladies last season. It seemed like her and Gizelle were being set up to go at it. they probably would have complained that she has too much substance and sits on a high horse. 

• Love 4

Gizelle is the worst. I don’t find her entertaining. Why does she call out everyone else but can’t speak about Jamal in front of Karen? And Karen needs to shut down this Gizelle fight. What Ray said to Gizelle was demeaning. It’s only because Gizelle is so obnoxious that it doesn’t matter.

I wonder if Chris as Candiaces husbandger is her storyline basically because of Covid? I know he said the restaurant was sold awhile back. He may be waiting to restart his career.

5 hours ago, bosawks said:

For me if Wendy was exuding a sense of joy over this transformation it would be an easier watch.

I agree. 

• Love 11
6 hours ago, bosawks said:

For me if Wendy was exuding a sense of joy over this transformation it would be an easier watch.

I think you hit the nail on the head. It feels like Wendy is pretending to be super confident when actually she is in need of validation from the other women. She dresses that way fishing for compliments about how good she looks. I blame social media not another woman. Plenty of people were calling her unattractive although I found her beautiful last season. 

• Love 15
8 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Seriously what in the almighty fuck was Wendy wearing at the dinner? I can't get over it. Where do you even buy an outfit like that? I thought Fredriks of Hollywood went out of bizz a long time ago. 

Um, it was full on Versace, duh...professors can wear Versace and use legal terms like "I object.

Yeah it was tacky AF, I for one do not believe is it was real Versace, sort of like Karen's (F)endi from last season.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, DanielleBowden said:

I do think Wendy’s surgeries are coming from a deeper place but no way was that approach to take. I never thought I’d like Candiance but here I am. She has matured a lot since her debut. I’m not used to seeing growth on these shows. 

Yeah , well a good "ass whoopin"  will make you grow up real fast ..  Gisele and Robyn are asking for one. 

Edited by byrd
  • Love 5

Robyn in her orange coveralls looked like she got released from
jail to go to dinner. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I watched further and just thought they were orange coveralls.

Edited by Mr. Miner
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
54 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

m, it was full on Versace

Maybe it would not have looked so crazy had she worn the correct size.

I think her pants might be Spanx leggings?

if she has a stylist, they should be fired.☹️

0D12F676-8E33-4E14-B236-4FF95E564B3B.jpeg

BB0CDE9F-021E-456A-BCD8-80E2ADC6BC62.jpeg

Edited by JonnieUniteUs
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

My sense isn't that Wendy is rebelling against "society" or what have you. I think she's having a delayed rebellion against her mother and the expectations that she put on Wendy to have those four degrees, etc.  Obviously, it sounds like there is something going on with Wendy's marriage that may have triggered some of this but at its core, I think that Wendy is trying to assert her identity against the expectations that her family placed on her, not the rest of society.

WRT Gizelle - the thing is, I get why people don't like her but she also keeps the show moving.  And, I don't know, I appreciate her bluntness. I think she said to Wendy pretty much the same stuff she was saying to Robyn about Wendy (only a little less harsh), so while I know she is shady in some ways, in other ways, you know where you stand with her.

And I think that was also the case with her comments to Robyn. I mean, I think she does actually care about Robyn as an actual friend, so I think her comments to Robyn - as harsh as they sounded - were coming from a place of care. Your friends are supposed to tell you when they think something is wrong. I don't think she cares as much about Wendy, so I think that didn't come so much from a place of caring about her, but I don't think asking her if something is up was totally out of place. (But I do agree with those who say it probably shouldn't have happened in front of the group).

The one thing I think that Gizelle is being shady about is the rumors around the Osefos marriage. She knows she's bringing it up in front of the cameras, and IMO, that's wrong without first having the discussion with Wendy. If Wendy were smart, she would have neutralized the whole thing first by bringing it up herself, but I suppose if there is any truth to it, she wouldn't want to bring it up.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, spunky said:

But it's not acceptable for Askale to question her nonexistent relationship with Jamal?

What's funny is Askale is Robyn's friend.

3 hours ago, spunky said:

Ashley is just as horrible as Michael. Why would they both think it's acceptable for Michael to pawn their baby off on his female coworkers, so Ashley could go on trip where she's unwanted by the host?

Ashley probably pawned her job duties off on her coworkers when she was a bartender at Michael's bar so she could go on trips with Michael so she sees nothing wrong with it.

2 hours ago, laprin said:

Plenty of people were calling her unattractive although I found her beautiful last season. 

There is a specific reason why Wendy was considered "unattractive" when she is no less attractive than any of the other cast members.

1 hour ago, byrd said:

Yeah , well a good "ass whoopin"  will make you grow up real fast ..  Gisele and Robyn are asking for one. 

And there was a specific reason why Monique backed up off of Robyn when Robyn brought the fight to her, too.

26 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

If Wendy were smart, she would have neutralized the whole thing first by bringing it up herself, but I suppose if there is any truth to it, she wouldn't want to bring it up.

And maybe this is the real reason she is so mad at Tick Tock Mia: when the ladies try to come for Mia about surgeries, stripping etc, Mia is like "I sho did, I sho was, now what else is going on?"

Wendy doesn't have that type of confidence.  That confidence comes with being cool with yourself deep down, not your areolas getting ready to jump out of your too small Ersace top.

And given how he now owes taxes, she needs to STFU about Ray, who last I checked got his tax problem in check. 

People keep liking to shade Gizelle about Jamal's tax problems but they are Jamal's tax problems.  They don't affect Gizelle.

Ray not paying his bills directly affected Karen because Karen had to sell the house she loved and hand the money she finally made on her own to pay Ray's bills.

What I want Karen to do is to confront Gizelle directly about the TRUE problem she has with her instead of hiding behind Former Cast Member's Trapper Keeper and putting batteries in Wendy's back.  And Karen's problem with Gizelle has nothing to do with Ray.

Though creepy, I liked what Michael said about Juan.  Pandemic-schandemic, if he really wanted to marry the Beakster, nothing would stop him from doing so. 

This is part of the problem with both the cast and the fans of the show (and society in general): We/they measure a woman's worth on what the man's wants and desires are.  You can't say "women should lift each other up" and then in the next sentence scream "Ha ha! You can't keep a man!"

If sistas are doing it for themselves, what do you need the man for?

Edited by drivethroo
  • Love 6

Eppy was meh for me, cain’t wait for next week’s with Candiace throwing Ashley out for being messy (“Take your milk and get the fuck out!”)

I don’t like Wendy, didn’t like her boring ass last year but she’s a grown assed woman and can wear whatever the fuck she wants!  If any of the HW’s had a problem with how she’s dressing or how they perceive her behavior then privately pull her aside; was it necessary to call her out on it in front of everyone?!  And what she said at the dinner should be enough of an explanation but of course the green-eyed heiffas aren’t going to let it go.

Speaking of which, a hearty helping of FUCK YOU! to Gizzard and her puppet Beaky Buzzard….these bishes really have no fucking lives, Gizzard being such a miserable rhymes with stunt in her empty barn (she could break in that tacky Versace comforter with a ‘BOB’, since ain’t no man will likely be in it anytime soon) and Beaky pathetically taking all the passive aggressive abuse from Juan.  Why not tend to your own glass houses instead of trying to tear down HW’s to make yourselves feel better? 

Karen hit it dead on the head regarding Gizzard being in everyone’s business but soooon as someone speaks about the right Reverend Leon Lonnie Love Bryant living in the AT&T condo she gets her panties in a bunch.  And given how he now owes taxes, she needs to STFU about Ray, who last I checked got his tax problem in check.  I liked Alabama (tm Alexander Rodgers) asking about Gizzard’s current relationship situation and hope she continues to ask.

Though creepy, I liked what Michael said about Juan.  Pandemic-schmandemic, if he really wanted to marry the Beakster, nothing would stop him from doing so.  That said, Michael also gets a slice of FUCK YOU!  Dude, did you really say you’d dump sweet baby Dean off on your female staff?  What in the me Tarzan, you Jane bullshit is that about?!  Love those boys, they are such cuties.

Candiace had a nice speech about Karen/Gizzard making up but there seems to be too much water under the bridge between the both of them.  I do wonder if they did cordially decide to mend fences since Gizzard does attend Karen’s wedding renewal.

Edited by Yogisbooboo64
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

I understand why someone who loses weight or gets body plastic surgery would feel more comfortably dressing in a more body conscious manner.

However her definition of what is "sexy" is so outside the bounds of what most woman would wear that there is a disconnect. As has been posted, the outfit on the bus and the ill fitting Versace "bra" are just ugly and - dare I say it - vulgar. 

Of course a "professional" woman can dress in an attractive and even a sexy manner but Wendy's outfits look like something a stripper would wear and would seriously be detrimental to any serious career path. As others have pointed out, while Micelle Obama and Oprah might be extreme in terms of not even being interested in presenting a hyper-sexual look, there are plenty of actresses or very stylish professional women who dress to showcase their bodies who don't prance around in outfits that over-expose their breasts like that Versace bra did. 

• Love 14
11 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

THIS.

She is starting to make decisions for herself now based on what her mother and others would NOT do, and it's taking her down a path that she THINKS she wants.  

Also, if you have so much on your plate Wendy, then maybe now isn't the time to start a candle business.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
57 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

My sense isn't that Wendy is rebelling against "society" or what have you. I think she's having a delayed rebellion against her mother and the expectations that she put on Wendy to have those four degrees, etc.  Obviously, it sounds like there is something going on with Wendy's marriage that may have triggered some of this but at its core, I think that Wendy is trying to assert her identity against the expectations that her family placed on her, not the rest of society.

WRT Gizelle - the thing is, I get why people don't like her but she also keeps the show moving.  And, I don't know, I appreciate her bluntness. I think she said to Wendy pretty much the same stuff she was saying to Robyn about Wendy (only a little less harsh), so while I know she is shady in some ways, in other ways, you know where you stand with her.

And I think that was also the case with her comments to Robyn. I mean, I think she does actually care about Robyn as an actual friend, so I think her comments to Robyn - as harsh as they sounded - were coming from a place of care. Your friends are supposed to tell you when they think something is wrong. I don't think she cares as much about Wendy, so I think that didn't come so much from a place of caring about her, but I don't think asking her if something is up was totally out of place. (But I do agree with those who say it probably shouldn't have happened in front of the group).

The one thing I think that Gizelle is being shady about is the rumors around the Osefos marriage. She knows she's bringing it up in front of the cameras, and IMO, that's wrong without first having the discussion with Wendy. If Wendy were smart, she would have neutralized the whole thing first by bringing it up herself, but I suppose if there is any truth to it, she wouldn't want to bring it up.

Good points. Gizelle and Robyn are actually friends, and while Gizelle was blunt, you gotta keep it real with your girls, not coddle her as Karen suggested. Glad that Robyn was so open and hope she will finally get some help. I wonder how sincere/happy her relationship with Juan is or if he's just a bad, decades-long habit she can't break.  So often when she calls home she chats with the older son, rather than Juan. Also didn't like hearing that her behavior/troubles are affecting her children's schoolwork.

Gizelle is never going to come clean about her faux-romance with Jamal, but if I were her I definitely wouldn't want to discuss it in front of Karen Huger, which may be part self-preservation and part thinking about her children. She definitely keeps things moving.

Wendy, Wendy, Wendy. I like your theory that she may be acting out in response to her mother's/culture's expectations, which also has left her with a ton of student loan debt, but I also believe there are issues with her marriage (based on info from a local reliable source). She's trying so hard to seem all sassy and sexy, but last night's outfit was an ill-fitting hot ass mess as well as the bus ride stripper-wear. She's seeking way too much attention and affirmation. Who told her that professional women can't be sexy, too? Big difference between looking like sexy and looking like a streetwalker. 

• Love 11
21 minutes ago, politichick said:

Good points. Gizelle and Robyn are actually friends, and while Gizelle was blunt, you gotta keep it real with your girls, not coddle her as Karen suggested. Glad that Robyn was so open and hope she will finally get some help. I wonder how sincere/happy her relationship with Juan is or if he's just a bad, decades-long habit she can't break.  So often when she calls home she chats with the older son, rather than Juan. Also didn't like hearing that her behavior/troubles are affecting her children's schoolwork.

Gizelle is never going to come clean about her faux-romance with Jamal, but if I were her I definitely wouldn't want to discuss it in front of Karen Huger, which may be part self-preservation and part thinking about her children. She definitely keeps things moving.

Wendy, Wendy, Wendy. I like your theory that she may be acting out in response to her mother's/culture's expectations, which also has left her with a ton of student loan debt, but I also believe there are issues with her marriage (based on info from a local reliable source). She's trying so hard to seem all sassy and sexy, but last night's outfit was an ill-fitting hot ass mess as well as the bus ride stripper-wear. She's seeking way too much attention and affirmation. Who told her that professional women can't be sexy, too? Big difference between looking like sexy and looking like a streetwalker. 

To be fair to Robyn, I'm guessing her son's challenges with school aren't just about her.  A lot of kids have struggled with remote learning and issues related to the pandemic. I'm not saying that Robyn's depression helped but I imagine that he's struggling with his own anxiety and depression issues. Quite honestly, while I understand Juan's frustration, rather than berate Robyn, he would have been better off trying to find ways to assist both Robyn and his son because it's a global pandemic and some people's mental health has suffered.

I liked the fact that Robyn was willing to talk about it and that the other women chimed in with their own experiences around mental health. The more it is destigmatized, the more people will be willing to get help when they need it.

With regard to Wendy - listen, everyone defines sexiness differently, and I did agree with Wendy when she said she gets to define what she sees as sexy, not the other women. But there is something that feels very artificial about all of this, which is I think part of what Gizelle and Robyn were trying to say. Going from one extreme to the other doesn't feel like Wendy is reclaiming her sexuality; instead, it feels like she doesn't know who she is and she is trying on a persona to see if it fits.  And right now, it feels like it is fitting as well on her as that Versace top.  

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
  • Love 17
13 hours ago, JonnieUniteUs said:

As if a man is some prize to shoot for.  Effing bizarre.

I recall Richard Pryor had a comedy routine about women chasing after worthless men. Something along the lines of "Men know there is some woman who's gonna want them even if they got no hair, teeth, eyes, legs, arms, head, dick, nothing!"

Edited by RedHawk
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4

It's hard to be comfortable and confident when people are constantly dragging you and making snide remarks. I lost a ton of weight during COVID and it's classic I now dress for the body I have but I don't have a constant stream of opinions every time I get dressed. I think what they are doing to Wendy is sad. She always look happy but then she gets around Evilene and her loud ass back up singer and they manage to do their death eater impression and suck all the soul from her.  Perhaps Wendy did do a little much with Mia but Mia wasn't innocent in the the entire ordeal she just handled it differently. 

There will not be 1 day as long as cameras are rolling that Robin and Gizelle will celebrate ANYONE other than Robin and Gizelle. The day that relationship IMPLODES will be the best season of this franchise. And it won't take much. All the producers have to do is offer Gizelle an extra pack of gum and it's on. It will be like Mike Tyson against a kindergartner. Robin is not ready. 

I also notice a ton of comments when the black housewives wear head to toe designer (it's fake, it's too much, she need to save her money - Marlo/Wendy) vs. Dorit or a white housewife looking like a sample sale threw up on them. It's all tacky.

Edited by Boofish
  • Love 10
36 minutes ago, politichick said:

I'm going to give Robyn a somewhat pass on the children's schoolwork.  What this pandemic has taught us is a lot of people who thought "teaching is so easy, they get to have a 3 month vacation*, why are they complaining" learned teaching is hard work, and they're not equipped to do it. And it shouldn't all be on Robyn because Juan is right there, too.

I think Robyn & Juan are not in love with each other but they love each other, they're familiar with each other and neither one is going anywhere, whether they're married or not.  Michael (and Karen) can ki'ki about how Juan won't marry Robyn but neither of them are treating their legal spouses any better.

42 minutes ago, politichick said:

Gizelle is never going to come clean about her faux-romance with Jamal, but if I were her I definitely wouldn't want to discuss it in front of Karen Huger, which may be part self-preservation and part thinking about her children.

I don't think Gizelle will ever have a serious romance while being on this show because the one time she did, Karen & Monique teamed up to destroy it.  You can't shame the lady for 'not having a man' but when she gets a man, do everything in your power to break her relationships up.

Both Karen & Monique need/needed to shut their silly mouths about "destroying families and hurting kids" because neither one of them had any problem hurting Gizelle's kids by going after Sherman and Jamal, especially with Sherman, who the girls liked very much.

47 minutes ago, politichick said:

but I also believe there are issues with her marriage (based on info from a local reliable source).

I think Wendy looked fine minus her Jermaine Jackson hairline.  But being around those other women with all their breasticles and asses hanging out made her feel insecure and while I don't think (right now) that Eddie cheated, I definitely think he was eyeballing some of the plastic parts, which is why Wendy took an immediate dislike to Mia.

30 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Quite honestly, while I understand Juan's frustration, rather than berate Robyn, he would have been better off trying to find ways to assist both Robyn and his son because it's a global pandemic and some people's mental health has suffered.

To hear her talk about Juan on her podcast, Juan seems very gruff and abrupt and not affectionate or emotional.  He's not going to be the person you go to for cuddles and hugs and I would bet he's the same way around his children too.

Actionable things Juan can do to help Robyn is instead of waking Robyn up to wake the kids...just wake the kids.  Instead of barking at Robyn to fix breakfast for the kids...just fix breakfast for the kids.  Both kids are old enough to wake themselves up and log in to school and both of them are old enough to throw a pop tart in the toaster or pour themselves a bowl of cereal.

43 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

With regard to Wendy - listen, everyone defines sexiness differently, and I did agree with Wendy when she said she gets to define what she sees as sexy, not the other women.

Wendy wants the other cast members to ooh and ahh over her new titties and she's constantly showing them off for their approval and why would other women be impressed or titillated by your titties when they could just look at their own?

And if MIA decided to have her boobs out poppin' fresh especially around the husbands, Wendy would be the first one with the stank face.

1 minute ago, Boofish said:

The day that relationship IMPLODES will be the best season of this franchise. And it won't take much. All the producers have to do is offer Gizelle an extra pack of gum and it's on. It will be like Mike Tyson against a kindergartner. Robin is not ready. 

But the friendship IMO is not Gizelle and Robyn, it's Robyn and Gizelle.  People think Gizelle has the upper hand because she has the more outgoing personality while Robyn is more laid back.  Robyn is the only person who can chastize Gizelle and get away with it. Gizelle is the one who wanted Robyn do to the show; Robyn couldn't care less.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

But the friendship IMO is not Gizelle and Robyn, it's Robyn and Gizelle.  People think Gizelle has the upper hand because she has the more outgoing personality while Robyn is more laid back.  Robyn is the only person who can chastize Gizelle and get away with it. Gizelle is the one who wanted Robyn do to the show; Robyn couldn't care less.

Blow for blow, ugly secret for ugly secret, my money still on Gizelle. If Robyn was that uninterested, she could have bowed out gracefully long ago. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Boofish said:

Blow for blow, ugly secret for ugly secret, my money still on Gizelle. If Robyn was that uninterested, she could have bowed out gracefully long ago. 

What ugly secrets could Gizelle spill about Robyn? Robyn could spill more secrets about Gizelle than the other way around. Robyn's not going to leave the show as long as she gets paid but she's not going to be devastated if she has to go...because she's like Candiace, her parents will take care of her if it came to that.

What could Gizelle really say about Robyn, other than "Juan don't love you, he ain't gonna marry you, you broke?"  Which every cast member has been saying about Robyn anyway?

Gizelle needs Robyn more than Robyn needs Gizelle, especially for show purposes, because Robyn pretty much gets along with and will film with anyone. Gizelle only has Robyn and Ashley and Ashley is only for Ashley.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, drivethroo said:

What ugly secrets could Gizelle spill about Robyn? Robyn could spill more secrets about Gizelle than the other way around. Robyn's not going to leave the show as long as she gets paid but she's not going to be devastated if she has to go...because she's like Candiace, her parents will take care of her if it came to that.

What could Gizelle really say about Robyn, other than "Juan don't love you, he ain't gonna marry you, you broke?"  Which every cast member has been saying about Robyn anyway?

Gizelle needs Robyn more than Robyn needs Gizelle, especially for show purposes, because Robyn pretty much gets along with and will film with anyone. Gizelle only has Robyn and Ashley and Ashley is only for Ashley.

It's just my opinion based on something that hasn't even happened yet 🤷‍♀️

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, Boofish said:

I also notice a ton of comments when the black housewives wear head to toe designer (it's fake, it's too much, she need to save her money - Marlo/Wendy) vs. Dorit or a white housewife looking like a sample sale threw up on them. It's all tacky.

I don't know what online sites you frequent regarding RHBH but Dorit is routinely excoriated from her ridiculous head to toe designer initialed crap. 

• Love 10
32 minutes ago, Boofish said:

There will not be 1 day as long as cameras are rolling that Robin and Gizelle will celebrate ANYONE other than Robin and Gizelle. The day that relationship IMPLODES will be the best season of this franchise. And it won't take much. All the producers have to do is offer Gizelle an extra pack of gum and it's on. It will be like Mike Tyson against a kindergartner. Robin is not ready. 

With Robyn bringing on a friend this season coupled with Robyn shading Gizelle's house and relationship with Jamal in her confessionals and Gizelle coming at Robyn hard for her seasonal blues, I wouldn't be surprised if this season is setting up for a feud next season. That card will be drawn by both parties if A) the franchise is in jeopardy, or B) if Robyn's flute is in jeopardy and her wedding isn't enough to save it. I think they would have an agreement behind the scenes. Robyn is pretty chill, which drew me to her initially, and I do think that she enjoys this somewhat easy income. Gizelle works a little harder for her check. . It would be worse for Gizelle though because Robyn would have more support from the cast and fans. As much as Karen and Gizelle's feud is a backbone of the franchise, Gizelle and Robyn's friendship is also a backbone of the franchise, as Gizelle would suffer a bit more if Robyn wasn't there.

Edited by LaurelleJ
  • Love 3