Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E06: Land of the Free, Home of the Shade

• Start Topic

I was listening to someone’s perspective at Youtube, specifically the Gizzard/Karen situation….

Gizzard’s just pissed that Monique and Karen tag team clowned her ass at the last reunion.  And what’s more, even without Monique’s binder the truth was being told about the right Reverend Leon Lonnie Love Bryant.

Karen’s problem should be the Uncle Ben t-shirt 'joke' (yeah, yeah, it was 3 years ago but it was a shitty thing to do to a supposed ‘friend’) and not ‘Gizzard wished my husband death’ because she didn’t say that.

Finally, even at the beginning of the show Gizzard has always had derogatory shade towards Karen....now, Karen's giving it right back and Gizzard doesn't like it.

Edited by Yogisbooboo64
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

I was listening to someone’s perspective at Youtube, specifically the Gizzard/Karen situation….

Gizzard’s just pissed that Monique and Karen tag team clowned her ass at the last reunion. 

Gizelle gets clowned at every single reunion.  She's shady but not a reader, whether it's Michael clowning her or Karen clowning her.

While I think Gizelle is mad Karen (and Monique*) have brought Sing Sing and Hot Box out into the open, Karen's hate is still out of proportion to anything Gizelle has said to or about Karen.  There's something else going on and the Show needs to explore it.

Karen’s problem should be the Uncle Ben t-shirt 'joke' (yeah, yeah, it was 3 years ago but it was a shitty thing to do to a supposed ‘friend’)

Why would the Uncle Ben T-shirt be more of a problem to Karen than Ashley claiming Karen's going around saying Ray's penis is old and dried up or Ashley claiming she saw Karen in the corner boo'd up with a man that wasn't Ray? After all, Gizelle didn't bring Ray's tax troubles to light, the Washington Post did.

Finally, even at the beginning of the show Gizzard has always had derogatory shade towards Karen....now, Karen's giving it right back and Gizzard doesn't like it.

Like Karen (and Charrisse) claiming from the beginning of the show that Gizelle was tacky, classless and beneath them for sitting in the center seat or inviting the hairdresser in the house to bump their curls?

That's the problem with this show, Person A is mad at (and hates) Person B but Person A doesn't want to say why they're really mad at (or hates) Person B so they invent a reason.  We saw it last season with Monique and Candiace and we're seeing it again with Karen and Gizelle.  Karen HATES Gizelle and it ain't because of a tax t-shirt and that's what the show needs to dig deeper in.

*Note, a lot of the drama surrounding this show and YouTube bloggers disappeared once Monique left the show.  Whether that's because Monique was the one feeding the blogs information about her castmates or if it's because those bloggers are no longer interested in covering the show since Monique's not on it anymore, I don't know.  Just an interesting observation.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

I think its that tee shirt.  

Which gizelle (according to gizelle) has apologized for.  

Even Robyn side eyed gizelle for that tee shirt. 

I think Karen is more pressed about the t shirt because

a) it was true, b) Karen had and had built her personality of being wealthy and the classy trophy wife of black bill gates and exposing the truth that it was a house of cards was very hard on Karens ego and c) it has to hurt for someone to kick you when you're down no matter who.  Those feelings don't just die when someone says sorry. 

I think part of the reason why it hurt Karen is because it was and is absolutely true.  And that's why I don't think she will ever admit that that is the problem.  She still wants to sell the fantasy of being married to the black Bill gates.  

Rays dick was never integral to karens ego so it's a non factor, IMO.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, qtpye said:

Askale is a looker. I have always found Ethiopian women to be very beautiful. However, her voice is annoying...it always sounds like she is quivering.

One part of me wants to sympathize with Robyn because Depression is a bitch and many people are going through the same thing since the Pandemic started.

Then another not-so-nice part of me does not buy it.

She was asking such leading questions during the dinner that she might as well have been reciting the Wiki site for Depression.

"Guys, I just do not have to motivation to get out of bed and have been so low energy and now my family is suffering....what do you think it might be"?

Robyn has had the same tired old storyline from the beginning (She is broke and Juan does not want her). This Depression thing she is doing seems a little too well played out.

Anyway, I am not a professional so I can not judge. If she truly is depressed I hope she gets the help she needs.

The first person who called her out was her own Daddy. He said Jamal had a ton of baby mamas and Gizelle being in a relationship with him was not a good look for her.

Karen should have asked Gizelle, so was you father telling a lie on Jamel?

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
On 8/16/2021 at 1:22 PM, drivethroo said:

Where I will agree about racial differences in Housewives having stuff is Candiace getting mocked for her mother buying her a home or helping her get a home.  White people buy their kids homes and give them downpayment money in the thousands to get a home and nobody thinks this is wrong but the black girl's momma buys her a home or helps her with her downpayment and all of a sudden it's a problem.  Ashley bragged on season 1 or 2 about her (white) husband buying her mother a home and nobody had a problem with it.

I thought the mocking of Candiace and her mother's house is because Candiace first tried to pass it off as hers and hers alone, then it came out that it was her mother's but Candiace was paying the whole mortgage, then it came out that in fact her mother was helping them pay the mortgage so in essence Candiace and Chris were really nothing more than her mother's tenants. 

As has been pointed out, even in Ho-wive world, parents often help with finances (such as Robyn's mother helping out with her home flipping attempt). The issue with Candiace was not that her mother helped out, or owned the house, or shared the expenses with them, but that Candiace tried to bullshit the situation and then the truth came out. 

Absolutely mock-worthy! 

Edited by SailorGirl
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, SailorGirl said:

I thought the mocking of Candiace and her mother's house is because Candiace first tried to pass it off as hers and hers alone, then it came out that it was her mother's but Candiace was paying the whole mortgage, then it came out that in fact her mother was helping them pay the mortgage so in essence Candiace and Chris were really nothing more than her mother's tenants. 

As has been pointed out, even in Ho-wive world, parents often help with finances (such as Robyn's mother helping out with her home flipping attempt). The issue with Candiace was not that her mother helped out, or owned the house, or shared the expenses with them, but that Candiace tried to bullshit the situation and then the truth came out. 

Absolutely mock-worthy! 

Yes I agree that all of the mocking had to do with her poor lies about who owned the house.

And as I recall Ashley and her mother have received a lot of derogatory comments about the mother freeloading and how much her husband was pissed at the situation. She certainly wasn't given any kind of pass - if anything the mother really appeared like a degenerate grifter. Presumably Ashley is now paying for her mother's expenses with her BRAVO paychecks so Michael is no longer on the hook. 

I never thought there was anything amiss about a parent of ANY color helping with expenses. I know kids whose parents have bought them a home but no one lies about it and lots of kids get help with down payments for the first home. Most of my friends look upon it as an advance on the inheritance - why not give it to their children for a house.

I did think that Candiace's over the top wedding was ridiculous. I know people have said the mother has made great real estate investments but it still doesn't seem as though spending $250,000 or more for a wedding made any kind of sense.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, sATL said:

what level of courses does wendy teach -undergrad ( ie 18-19 yr olds) or graduate students ?

Not sure, so I decided to look it up.  'Wendy Osefo, an assistant visiting professor in the Doctor of Education program at the Johns Hopkins School of Education, will receive the university’s Diversity Recognition Award on Tuesday, May 16, in the Glass Pavilion for her research on equity and inclusion.'  

So 2 things, she teaches grad students and is a visiting professor.

Did anyone know she was a visiting professor?

• Useful 6
21 hours ago, PDXlulu said:

Not sure, so I decided to look it up.  'Wendy Osefo, an assistant visiting professor in the Doctor of Education program at the Johns Hopkins School of Education, will receive the university’s Diversity Recognition Award on Tuesday, May 16, in the Glass Pavilion for her research on equity and inclusion.'  

So 2 things, she teaches grad students and is a visiting professor.

Did anyone know she was a visiting professor?

I didn’t know that. I did see her on Fox News a couple of days ago (first time I saw her on a news channel) She was dressed appropriately 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

I didn’t know that. I did see her on Fox News a couple of days ago (first time I saw her on a news channel) She was dressed appropriately 

interesting choice ...hmmmm

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

How neat that she still does that. 

6 hours ago, sATL said:

interesting choice ...hmmmm

I think the channels do try to branch out.  Rick Santorum seems to enjoy being on CNN.  

• Love 2
On 8/17/2021 at 2:13 PM, drivethroo said:

Karen herself has said Gizelle doesn't lie, so whatever Gizelle said that hurt Karen must have been the truth.  She's claiming Gizelle is lying NOW, and perhaps Gizelle is when it comes to Gizelle's life, but we haven't seen Gizelle lying about anyone else*.

When did Karen say that?  Karen has called Gizelle a liar about her relationship and on the last episode called Gizelle's whole life a lie.  We've also seen Gizelle lie on camera at least twice; first when she told Wendy that Karen called her a floozy freelancer and second when they were in France and she lied to the group and Robyn because she wanted to be with Robyn alone.

• Love 2

Does anyone think it funny that Karen has become an ambassador for Surrey County and is trying to bring attention to African American farmers and Beyoncé has come out with a country inspired line for Ivy Park?

Beyonce has also used “Black Bill Gates” in one of her songs.

Methinks Queen B might be an undercover Karen fan..

Edited by qtpye
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Wendy is trying way too hard to be the reality show villian/queen.  Comes off so inauthentic.

(Also, I love Mia and think her husband is a cutie.)

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Love 2
On 8/21/2021 at 10:04 AM, Talented Tenth said:

When did Karen say that?  Karen has called Gizelle a liar about her relationship and on the last episode called Gizelle's whole life a lie.  We've also seen Gizelle lie on camera at least twice; first when she told Wendy that Karen called her a floozy freelancer and second when they were in France and she lied to the group and Robyn because she wanted to be with Robyn alone.

Karen has said on previous THs that Gizelle may be this or that, but Gizelle doesn't lie.  So it's amusing to hear Karen now claiming Gizelle lies all the time, when we know it's KAREN who lies all the time.

• Love 2
On 8/16/2021 at 6:22 PM, RealReality said:

I paid Amazon prime $1.99 for this episode and I feel a deserve a $0.75 refund for all the FF of Ashley and Michael's scenes.  

I'd ask for a dollar back but the preview suggesting that Ashley is finally told to get the hell out for being messy was worth something. 

If I had to pay by the minute to watch this season based on how much I actually enjoyed what I was watching, Amazon would owe me $1,564. And 24 cents.

I did get a kick out of Michael bringing up Juan. His heart still goes on. Please let us see him sneaking up on Juan at some event to come. Ashley and Michael may be annoying but to me at least they're not boring. 

I've had to catch up on episodes because I got a late start on the season. So far too many grievances to keep up with, some as old as the hills, and I gotta say, even though it's all bought, I don't think Wendy looks bad. Maybe fewer sex-pot outfits, but I kinda can't blame her for taking the new body out for a spin with the top down.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3