Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E06: Land of the Free, Home of the Shade

• Start Topic

Just now, amarante said:

I don't know what online sites you frequent regarding RHBH but Dorit is routinely excoriated from her ridiculous head to toe designer initialed crap. 

Must not be on those. Again, everything I post is my opinion. Not facts based on research, data, study groups or analysis 🙃

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

What ugly secrets could Gizelle spill about Robyn? Robyn could spill more secrets about Gizelle than the other way around. Robyn's not going to leave the show as long as she gets paid but she's not going to be devastated if she has to go...because she's like Candiace, her parents will take care of her if it came to that.

Are Robyn's parents wealthy enough to "take are of her"? I always thought they were comfortably middle to upper middle class but it never seemed they had such serious wealth that they had enough to support her - i.e. that she is a trust fund baby. 

But I also don't understand how Candiace's mother so wealthy either since she is a therapist. She might have made some good investments but I had thought from the way Candiace and her were presented in the initial season that the mother was some kind of mogul with $50 million or more in net assets. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I think Housewives regardless of race who are flexing designer goods while we know they have a pile of debt get comments.  If Wendy is getting "she better save her money" comments its because we know she & her husband have 8 degrees between them and around a million dollars in student loan debt on top of their mortgage but showing up in designer goods to impress???

Kim Zolciak is white and has been getting flak lately for e-begging because the show got canceled, the credit card company wants her to run them their money and neither she nor her husband have jobs to support their lavish lifestyles.

8 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

As much as Karen and Gizelle's feud is a backbone of the franchise, Gizelle and Robyn's friendship is also a backbone of the franchise. 

The person who needs to come back in some capacity is Charrisse, because she actually lives in Potomac & is the connector of the group.  I think Charrisse & Robyn are closer than Robyn & Gizelle.  Also, remember Charrisse was feuding with Gizelle too and was part of the scheme to destroy her relationship with Sherman (although that has been forgiven since Charrisse was at least 3 cast events last season).

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Boofish said:

Must not be on those. Again, everything I post is my opinion. Not facts based on research, data, study groups or analysis 🙃

I realize that everything is an opinion. However if you go to the Dorit thread or any of the most recent BH threads, Dorit is mocked for her choices.

I only bring this up because your initial post implied (well more than implied) that people are racist in terms of calling out the black housewives while giving the white housewife a pass. And that just isn't factually correct as people are equal opportunity mockers.

Garcelle on RHBH wears the occasional overtly branded accessory and is never lampooned like Dorit is.

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, amarante said:

I realize that everything is an opinion. However if you go to the Dorit thread or any of the most recent BH threads, Dorit is mocked for her choices.

I only bring this up because your initial post implied (well more than implied) that people are racist in terms of calling out the black housewives while giving the white housewife a pass. And that just isn't factually correct as people are equal opportunity mockers.

Garcelle on RHBH wears the occasional overtly branded accessory and is never lampooned like Dorit is.

Copy that! ❤️

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, amarante said:

Housewives are mocked regardless of race if we know they aren't rolling how they are presenting.

Nobody is going to mock Kandi of RHOA for wearing designer gear because we know she can afford them.

Kim Zolciak gets mocked because we know she don't got it like that.  She's currently digital panhandling to pay the bills.

Where I will agree about racial differences in Housewives having stuff is Candiace getting mocked for her mother buying her a home or helping her get a home.  White people buy their kids homes and give them downpayment money in the thousands to get a home and nobody thinks this is wrong but the black girl's momma buys her a home or helps her with her downpayment and all of a sudden it's a problem.  Ashley bragged on season 1 or 2 about her (white) husband buying her mother a home and nobody had a problem with it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, amarante said:

Are Robyn's parents wealthy enough to "take are of her"? I always thought they were comfortably middle to upper middle class but it never seemed they had such serious wealth that they had enough to support her - i.e. that she is a trust fund baby. 

But I also don't understand how Candiace's mother so wealthy either since she is a therapist. She might have made some good investments but I had thought from the way Candiace and her were presented in the initial season that the mother was some kind of mogul with $50 million or more in net assets. 

Candiace's mother made a lot of money by investing in real estate. She taught Candiace the ropes and now she's also a real estate investor. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

I don’t like Wendy, didn’t like her boring ass last year but she’s a grown assed woman and can wear whatever the fuck she wants!  If any of the HW’s had a problem with how she’s dressing or how they perceive her behavior is then privately pull her aside; was it necessary to call her out on it in front of everyone?!  And what she said at the dinner should be enough of an explanation but of course the green-eyed heiffas aren’t going to let it go.

Everyone should wear what they want!  But... everyone should prepare to possibly be laughed at.

She is trying wayyy too hard.

13 hours ago, amarante said:

However her definition of what is "sexy" is so outside the bounds of what most woman would wear that there is a disconnect. As has been posted, the outfit on the bus and the ill fitting Versace "bra" are just ugly and - dare I say it - vulgar. 

Yes!  And there is a big difference between chic/stylish sexy and trashy (clearly insecure) slut-wear.  She is going about it all wrong.  (Note: I am not slut-shaming, I was kinda slutty, back in the day.  Of course, I never dressed like it lol)  

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

WRT Gizelle - the thing is, I get why people don't like her but she also keeps the show moving.  And, I don't know, I appreciate her bluntness. I think she said to Wendy pretty much the same stuff she was saying to Robyn about Wendy (only a little less harsh), so while I know she is shady in some ways, in other ways, you know where you stand with her.

I agree. I'd go further and say that a lot of her keeping the show moving is at the behest of the producers. There is no dinner ever on any HW show that someone doesn't confront someone about something. Gizelle and Karen had already had their thing at the lunch. So here they are at dinner and someone has to get something started. Cue Gizelle "wondering" about Wendy and Candiace.

And for all that I think Gizelle worded it badly, she did say what I'm sure every one of them (and all of us) are wondering. What is up with Wendy? It's not just that she got her "glow-up", but that she's now Zen-Wen with a "candle business". I agree that it comes across more as insecurity than empowerment. And truly I understand. To see yourself on tv for a season, take all the abuse online, see your co-workers having physical work done, etc. It's enough to make anyone freak out about how they look and every other aspect of your life. 

My issue with her isn't that she made the changes it's that she's not being real about them at all. She's coming up with a multitude of reasons and "women power" talking points and none of it sounds genuine.  Seeing her be "sexy" Wendy just makes me sad as she doesn't feel like it's coming from a good place.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

Everyone should wear what they want!  But... everyone should prepare to possibly be laughed it.

The thing is, it is rich coming from two of the worst dressed heiffas on the show....

Gizzard, who dresses like a cheap meth hooker on Bourbon Street and her puppet who dresses like she goes to TJ Maxx and Ross when they are on sale!

What is WRT anyway?

• LOL 4

Wendy as Sue Ellen Mishke. Did not care for.

That top gave me so much anxiety. Did she do what I always do and buy a smaller size because she's "definitely going to lose the weight"? Or, did she do that on purpose?

Either way I was halfway traumatized with worry from watching her...stressed there was going to be an accident the whole hour. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, politichick said:

Wendy, Wendy, Wendy. I like your theory that she may be acting out in response to her mother's/culture's expectations, which also has left her with a ton of student loan debt, but I also believe there are issues with her marriage (based on info from a local reliable source). She's trying so hard to seem all sassy and sexy, but last night's outfit was an ill-fitting hot ass mess as well as the bus ride stripper-wear. She's seeking way too much attention and affirmation. Who told her that professional women can't be sexy, too? Big difference between looking like sexy and looking like a streetwalker. 

I refuse to believe she was comfortable in that Versace top. Maybe it would've looked better if she went up a size or two, but I'm wondering if that's a top she had before she got her new titties or she bought it after. 

It's all so "nerdy girl" glow-up. Wendy's going from one extreme to the other because she's trying to find which personality will keep her on the show. 

I don't mind the sexy dressing, although she doesn't look comfortable. I'm more annoyed at Wendy acting ditzy about her "candle business" than her popping out of her clothes. I've yet to see any well-endowed woman look comfortable with corset tops. Serena Williams looked squished in her corset wedding dress too. 

Askale won the night for me with her dinner outfit. Her fuchsia blazer was beautiful. 

Robyn was the worst dressed. And that's saying something considering Gizelle usually takes that honor. That prison-orange ruffled top was a big no.

• Love 12
50 minutes ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

The thing is, it is rich coming from two of the worst dressed heiffas on the show....

Gizzard, who dresses like a cheap meth hooker on Bourbon Street and her puppet who dresses like she goes to TJ Maxx and Ross when they are on sale!

What is WRT anyway?

First of all, you can get a lot of good stuff at TJ Maxx on sale. 🙂

But regardless, you can spend all of the money in the world on something and have that thing not look good. Regardless of Gizelle and Robyn's own style, Wendy did not look good in that top because Wendy isn't actually dressing for herself. She's dressing for an audience - be it the other women or the audience watching the show, it wasn't about Wendy expressing her style, IMO, it was about garnering an audience. 

FWIW, I thought she looked nice with her off-the-shoulder orange outfit when she was doing her lecture. That, to me, seems like the actual Wendy, not this put on glamazon act.  So I don't have a problem with her moving her wardrobe away from something so buttoned down. But I do think that whatever clothes she wears, they should probably reflect who she actually is, and not who she is pretending to be. 

My final thought on this is that Wendy can't both be Zen-Wen and Maneater Wendy - those are two different personae. If she IS going to be Zen-Wen, then she needs to be a lot more like Robyn. But that personality is directly in contrast with this other identity she wants to claim. She needs to choose one or the other, IMO, because you can't be both at the same time. 

• Love 15

Yikes, listening to Robin's daily routine kind sounds like my own since I retired, moved to a new state, and am having a difficult time making new friends  except I have no kids at home to think about and I do have a husband that loves me.  I never thought of myself as being depressed but maybe it's time to find a little therapy!

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, Sheenieb said:

I refuse to believe she was comfortable in that Versace top. Maybe it would've looked better if she went up a size or two, but I'm wondering if that's a top she had before she got her new titties or she bought it after. 

Askale won the night for me with her dinner outfit. Her fuchsia blazer was beautiful. 

Robyn was the worst dressed. And that's saying something considering Gizelle usually takes that honor. That prison-orange ruffled top was a big no.

I kept humming June is busting out all overrrr! I don't know how on earth she didn't have a nip slip. Askale had hers out too, but it wasn't as eye popping and wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen. She looked good.

I thought Robin's orange top was bad, but the worse one is her Wilma Flintstone get up (the yellow ruffled garment and the top knot wig) in her TH's which had me pausing the ep to take it all in.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

I kept humming June is busting out all overrrr! I don't know how on earth she didn't have a nip slip. Askale had hers out too, but it wasn't as eye popping and wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen. She looked good.

I thought Robin's orange top was bad, but the worse one is her Wilma Flintstone get up (the yellow ruffled garment and the top knot wig) in her TH's which had me pausing the ep to take it all in.

Robyn said she intended on wearing that yellow ruffled garment to the reunion, but it arrived too late.

Askale looked incredibly sexy at the dinner in her blazer--classy sexy, whereas I suppose Wendy looked sexy too, but cheap sexy; kinda' like the saying money screams but wealth whispers. I think 4 degree Wendy might need a 5th degree from FIT or some such...

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, RedHawk said:

I recall Richard Pryor had a comedy routine about women chasing after worthless men. Something along the lines of "Men know there is some woman who's gonna want them even if they got no hair, teeth, eyes, legs, arms, head, dick, nothing!"

Heh heh! 🤣 There's also that old joke about the new guy at the senior center surrounded by a group of women asking where he's from. He tells them he just got out of prison for murdering his wife. One of the women scoots closer & responds, "Oh, so you're single?"

• LOL 20
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Sheenieb said:

obyn was the worst dressed. And that's saying something considering Gizelle usually takes that honor. That prison-orange ruffled top was a big no.

Sold out😮

E80B977A-9E54-4B7C-964C-20A8DAD7A62D.jpeg

F0E48F35-4EE3-4B72-9E34-17CA2D6ABFE1.jpeg

Apparently this was a look from Zara (Below)

7F7417E2-9167-4D69-9614-AD90E63B7BB3.jpeg

Edited by JonnieUniteUs
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

I paid Amazon prime $1.99 for this episode and I feel a deserve a $0.75 refund for all the FF of Ashley and Michael's scenes.  

I'd ask for a dollar back but the preview suggesting that Ashley is finally told to get the hell out for being messy was worth something. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
21 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

Gizelle says she doesn't believe the Eddie rumors. I believe she said that strictly for the cameras so at the reunion she could say see, I said I didn't believe it. This is the third time (that we see) of Gizelle discussing it on camera. 

Gizelle questioning (grilling) Candiace about Chris' role in her business is so stank. She's not asking as a genuine friend. She's trying to hit something that will sound like there's a problem. What does he do? How does your mom feel? Candiace is handling it beautifully. At the end Gizelle just comes out and says that it's him being her coattails. We get it, your job is to stir the pot. If you stir the pot no one has their hand in yours. 

Robyn sharing her depression and Gizelle just going at her while the others at the table are trying to be supportive. Last edit. This was not a good episode for Gizelle. Or Robyn. 

I felt the same way.  

Gizelle is looking really, really petty.  

I think robyn saw it. 

Not so much when it was directed at her, but when gizelle was confronting Wendy. 

I could tell robyn was trying to walk it back and soften the blow.  

FWIW the arguments from Wendy and Mia are very 1992 to me "can a woman have it all?????"  "Can I bring home the bacon and fry it in the pan?"  "Can I be sexy and smart???"

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Sheenieb said:

It's all so "nerdy girl" glow-up. Wendy's going from one extreme to the other because she's trying to find which personality will keep her on the show. 

I don't mind the sexy dressing, although she doesn't look comfortable. I'm more annoyed at Wendy acting ditzy about her "candle business" than her popping out of her clothes. I've yet to see any well-endowed woman look comfortable with corset tops. Serena Williams looked squished in her corset wedding dress too. 

Wendy looked ridiculous.  

I almost laughed when she suggested that she had specifically curated that hooker look.  

Wear whatcha like.  Dolly Parton famously said she fashioned her look after a hooker.  But that wasn't even sexy hooker.  

You remember that scene in the original coming to America where arsenio hall plays this Maneater woman at the bar?  Wendy reminds me of that.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I paid Amazon prime $1.99 for this episode and I feel a deserve a $0.75 refund for all the FF of Ashley and Michael's scenes.  

I'd ask for a dollar back but the preview suggesting that Ashley is finally told to get the hell out for being messy was worth something. 

Take your milk & get out was hilarious! 🤣

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Wendy looked ridiculous.  

I almost laughed when she suggested that she had specifically curated that hooker look.  

Wear whatcha like.  Dolly Parton famously said she fashioned her look after a hooker.  But that wasn't even sexy hooker.  

You remember that scene in the original coming to America where arsenio hall plays this Maneater woman at the bar?  Wendy reminds me of that.  

One of my clients is an old friend of Dolly Parton's. The pictures of them together decades ago are so sweet. My client told me Dolly would always complain about how expensive it was to look that cheap! 🤣

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Oh, come on now, Gizzy. You can't sit at the table and shade and critique everybody then say you will only discuss your relationship in private. It doesn't work that way, boo. Keep that up and you may not have another season. 

Except she's been pulling that game and getting away with it, since the show started. Last season was the first time someone openly called it out and no surprise, it was Karen. Gizelle has been playing this scam on these women from jump - she instigates shit and is happy to be messy and shady to and about others because while she's doing that and basically creating chaos, no one's focusing on her pathetic love life. 

Though her trying to use the bullshit excuse of not wanting to talk about Jamal in front of Karen who has supposedly said all these lies about him, was hilariously pathetic. Sure Gizelle, Karen's snark about Jamal having another baby mama and your so called relationship being fake as hell, were all lies.  Girl, bye. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Sheenieb said:

Askale is a looker. I have always found Ethiopian women to be very beautiful. However, her voice is annoying...it always sounds like she is quivering.

4 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Yikes, listening to Robin's daily routine kind sounds like my own since I retired, moved to a new state, and am having a difficult time making new friends  except I have no kids at home to think about and I do have a husband that loves me.  I never thought of myself as being depressed but maybe it's time to find a little therapy!

One part of me wants to sympathize with Robyn because Depression is a bitch and many people are going through the same thing since the Pandemic started.

Then another not-so-nice part of me does not buy it.

She was asking such leading questions during the dinner that she might as well have been reciting the Wiki site for Depression.

"Guys, I just do not have to motivation to get out of bed and have been so low energy and now my family is suffering....what do you think it might be"?

Robyn has had the same tired old storyline from the beginning (She is broke and Juan does not want her). This Depression thing she is doing seems a little too well played out.

Anyway, I am not a professional so I can not judge. If she truly is depressed I hope she gets the help she needs.

29 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Except she's been pulling that game and getting away with it, since the show started. Last season was the first time someone openly called it out and no surprise, it was Karen. Gizelle has been playing this scam on these women from jump - she instigates shit and is happy to be messy and shady to and about others because while she's doing that and basically creating chaos, no one's focusing on her pathetic love life. 

Though her trying to use the bullshit excuse of not wanting to talk about Jamal in front of Karen who has supposedly said all these lies about him, was hilariously pathetic. Sure Gizelle, Karen's snark about Jamal having another baby mama and your so called relationship being fake as hell, were all lies.  Girl, bye. 

The first person who called her out was her own Daddy. He said Jamal had a ton of baby mamas and Gizelle being in a relationship with him was not a good look for her.

• Love 7

Sometimes I think this is all planned.  Because how perfect was that opening for Karen to swoop in and pick up a new (and actually loyal) friend.  

Karen also needs to give up the ghost with her faux outrage over mentioning "death" and "Ray" in the same sentence.  Karen is always doing the most.  

You know you ain't shit when Candace is the voice of reason.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, laprin said:

It did not sound like it came from a place of concern. If so, they could have had that conversation when it was just the 3 of them. It came from a place of jealousy on Gizelle’s part and, per usual, Robyn has to ride Gizelle’s coattails. 

Gizelle claiming she doesn’t get defensive when the ladies ask about her love life is peak delusion. I think I became a fan of Askale tonight.  

I think Robyn actually cares.  With Gizelle, I think she cares.....and is also shady.  Its like a 70% concern, 30% misery loves company, pot stirring.  

Because Gizelle is right.  Wear whatever the hell you want, but Wendy's wardrobe and body have not been the only changes.  Last season Wendy was able to laugh at herself and she was introspective and thoughtful.  Last season Wendy was not yelling at people in t-shirt catchphrases.  Anytime Wendy took someone on, she had them dead to rights.  No one even really understands what Wendy was that upset at Mia over (I maintain that Wendy just doesn't like Mia because Mia is fake).  

What I didn't like about that conversation was Gizelle's need to ambush Wendy with it at a dinner table.  I don't think Robyn was going to do that at all.  Gizelle would have gotten way more juicy gossip out of Wendy had she and Robyn just taken her out for a lunch and asked her whats up.  

• Love 8

Quite honestly, while I understand Juan's frustration, rather than berate Robyn, he would have been better off trying to find ways to assist both Robyn and his son because it's a global pandemic and some people's mental health has suffered.

It was baffling me to that none of the women seemed to connect Robyn's struggles with the mental struggles/pandemic burnout many people have dealt with since this pandemic started. I was happy when Askale finally said that based on what Robyn was saying, it sounded like she was suffering some form of depression. But that no one even mentioned the pandemic and connected it to that was fascinating to me.

And it's also why I found Gizelle's grilling less tough love and more attacking and plenty assholish for someone's that's supposed to be your ride or die. There just didn't seem to be any empathy from her and only annoyance at Robyn. And her focus seemed more on the fact that Juan may be turned off by Robyn. I guess maybe she feels she worked so hard helping to secure the engagement that she's invested in them making it. 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, truthaboutluv said:

It was baffling me to that none of the women seemed to connect Robyn's struggles with the mental struggles/pandemic burnout many people have dealt with since this pandemic started. I was happy when Askale finally said that based on what Robyn was saying, it sounded like she was suffering some form of depression. But that no one even mentioned the pandemic and connected it to that was fascinating to me.

And it's also why I found Gizelle's grilling less tough love and more attacking and plenty assholish for someone's that's supposed to be your ride or die. There just didn't seem to be any empathy from her and only annoyance at Robyn. And her focus seemed more on the fact that Juan may be turned off by Robyn. I guess maybe she feels she worked so hard helping to secure the engagement that she's invested in them making it. 

Look at Gizelle....then look at Jamal

Then look at Gizelle.....then look at Jamal again

Now look at Gizelle a third time.....and look at Jamal.

And realize that this barely attractive man cheated on and publicly humiliated Gizelle on, what, at least seven occasions.  At LEAST. 

You just KNOW that Jamal had her believing that everything he did was her fault.  That she wasnt pretty enough, fun enough, cool enough, forgiving enough, she was too naggy, she didn't want to have sex enough, whatever.  

I'm quite sure Gizelle believes, and has counseled other women, that when a man cheats....the woman ALSO did something wrong.  

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Yup, Robyn's mental state be damned... it's all about keeping Juan happy.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, RealReality said:

Look at Gizelle....then look at Jamal

Then look at Gizelle.....then look at Jamal again

Now look at Gizelle a third time.....and look at Jamal.

And realize that this barely attractive man cheated on and publicly humiliated Gizelle on, what, at least seven occasions.  At LEAST. 

You just KNOW that Jamal had her believing that everything he did was her fault.  That she wasnt pretty enough, fun enough, cool enough, forgiving enough, she was too naggy, she didn't want to have sex enough, whatever.  

I'm quite sure Gizelle believes, and has counseled other women, that when a man cheats....the woman ALSO did something wrong.  

Sadly, this sounds very similar to what some of the churches told women when I was growing up.

For the record, I grew up in Atlanta.

I am glad you said what I have been thinking for a long time (and I do not think we are alone).

You would think a man like Jamal would worship the ground Gizelle walks on.

She is beautiful, educated, and comes from a prestigious family. They have 3 lovely daughters together.

Jamal is a homely ratched little toad on his best day.

• Love 14
9 hours ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

What is WRT anyway?

“With Regard To” or “With Reference To”

6 hours ago, RealReality said:

Ha- yes!  I knew she was reminding me of someone!  “I’m gonna tear you apart”

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

I wonder if they did connect it to the pandemic, and Bravo edited that out. They seem to acknowledge that they are in the pandemic, but very little because they want the season to feel as normal as possible. 

Also, Gizelle continues to go at Robyn next week, as you can see by the preview. Saying something along the lines of you cannot have your fine husband unhappy. Yes she doesn't care about Robyn's feelings, she cares about Juan's feelings. Why??!! Doesn't your loyalty lie to Robyn? Why are you pushing Robyn to essentially keep her man at all costs? Why isn't the focus on making sure Robyn feels good? I hope they touch on that at the reunion but they probably won't. 

Edited by LaurelleJ
fine, not find.
  • Love 6

I think Gizelle does care about Robyn and Robyn's feelings but I 100% agree that Gizelle has bought into a patriarchal mindset about keeping your man happy.  And yeah, I don't love that about her. But I still think she was coming from a place of care, at least when it comes to Robyn. 

I was also a little surprised that they didn't mention the fact that the pandemic has done a number on a lot of people's mental health - heck, it is likely having an impact on Wendy, too. But maybe they are told to not mention the pandemic too much. (Which would be silly, considering several housewives actually got COVID but who knows? Or maybe they weren't told it but the women have just shied away from the topic). 

• Love 8
On 8/17/2021 at 7:46 AM, LaurelleJ said:

I wonder if they did connect it to the pandemic, and Bravo edited that out. They seem to acknowledge that they are in the pandemic, but very little because they want the season to feel as normal as possible. 

Also, Gizelle continues to go at Robyn next week, as you can see by the preview. Saying something along the lines of you cannot have your find husband unhappy. Yes she doesn't care about Robyn's feelings, she cares about Juan's feelings. Why??!! Doesn't your loyalty lie to Robyn? Why are you pushing Robyn to essentially keep her man at all costs? Why isn't the focus on making sure Robyn feels good? I hope they touch on that at the reunion but they probably won't. 

Because if Robyn ever let go of Juan…she might find someone who actually loves and respects her. This will mess with Giselle’s queen Bee status in her their relationship.

Edited by qtpye
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4

Wendy was legit hurt when they tore into her about her clothes and body; the pain and shame were all over her face. 

She is as much a reality star as she is a professor so I’m not getting how what she wears in her leisure time (she ain’t a First Lady, nor is she a sexagenarian talk-show host) affects her professional standing. Besides, showing a lot of titty hasn’t hurt Bosoma Saint John’s career.

Those heffas called Wendy “loose” and questioned her “substance” while one’s biggest achievements is a failed makeup line and being a trophy wife … and the other admits she neglects her children. And using that 1950’s logic – BOTH of them claim to be fucking men that won’t commit to them.

Like … goddamn.

• Love 9
11 hours ago, RealReality said:

Karen also needs to give up the ghost with her faux outrage over mentioning "death" and "Ray" in the same sentence.  Karen is always doing the most.  

I'm shocked (though I probably shouldn't be be because it's Karen) that she is still driving this "Giz wished death on Ray" thing into the ground.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

At least Candiass has some talent. Remember Gretchen trying to sing? Even with autotune, she still sounded like shit.

I agree. The excerpts of her acting look decent. I also think Candiace is very pretty where Gretchen looked bottled botoxed blonde bot. 
I hope Chris is just on a break with his career and is able to reboot as a chef at some point.

• Love 9

I don’t feel bad for Wendy. I made a joke on her IG about Zen Wen & she blocked me. She’s hyper insecure. Lady, your on a Reality television show and people are going to talk. When you march around in 180 degree change from how you looked last season, with  very risqué outfits with all your bits and pieces threatening to come out people are going to talk. Yes you can own your sexuality, yes you can dress how you want… Just don’t expect people not to talk. And not just Gizzelle and Robin. The viewing audience is going to have a question, concern, or laugh at you behind your back. These outfits are ridiculous, her breasts trying to escape her Versace bra were outlandish, at her neck, and not attractive.  She can call her selve Zen Wen all she wants, it’s clear that she is going through something …but she gets defensive as all hell and is not owning that her new Personna looks just like she is taking a page from the local headliner coming to the stage at the strip club.
I’m embarrassed for her husband if he’s not cheating ……and if he is, this is not the way to attract him back…. She looks desperate and beyond thirsty. And I’m gonna say it… she put all that money into her body. But her face is still her face and isn’t that cute. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

Also, Gizelle continues to go at Robyn next week, as you can see by the preview. Saying something along the lines of you cannot have your fine husband unhappy. Yes she doesn't care about Robyn's feelings, she cares about Juan's feelings. Why??!! Doesn't your loyalty lie to Robyn? Why are you pushing Robyn to essentially keep her man at all costs? Why isn't the focus on making sure Robyn feels good? I hope they touch on that at the reunion but they probably won't. 

I would not characterize that scene based on that preview and that's all I'll say about it.

1 hour ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I think Gizelle does care about Robyn and Robyn's feelings but I 100% agree that Gizelle has bought into a patriarchal mindset about keeping your man happy. 

I don't think we can really put that solely on Gizelle, because the entire cast (and most of the fans) have the same mindset.  We can't say "Gizelle has a patriarchal mindset" but every time we turn around we have a cast member or two saying:

• That's why you don't got a man
  • That's why you can't keep a man
  • That man don't want you
  • She's sad inside because she doesn't have a man, that's why she keeps coming for families
  • He don't want her, he ain't never gonna marry her
  • She had to been doing something, to get that man to marry her
  • She must've gotten that work done because she heard in the blogs her man was cheating on her

These are comments from cast and fans.  EVERYONE ties the women's worth (or women's worth in general) to their ability to "get a man" and then tie the worth to how much money the man is worth:

• Chris Samuels got a lot of money, he's a good husband
  • Chris Bassett is broke, he's just leeching and riding on Candiace's coattails
1 hour ago, MaggieG said:

I'm shocked (though I probably shouldn't be be because it's Karen) that she is still driving this "Giz wished death on Ray" thing into the ground.

Karen is pumping up the "Gizelle wished death on Ray" narrative because she doesn't want to come out and say the real reason why she's mad at Gizelle.  She's not nearly as mad at Ashley, who claimed she saw Karen snuggled up with another man at her restaurant and who claimed Karen said Ray had a dried up old penis.  Yet Karen will befriend anyone who has a problem with Gizelle. 

Remember, Karen was also part of that plot with Monique, Charisse and Kyndall to break Sherman & Gizelle up by embarassing him away from her.

Karen was trying to get Wendy fired from the show ("because she didn't fit the Potomac look" aka Wendy too dark ---that's just my opinion) but now Wendy is having a problem with Gizelle, Karen is slithering up to Wendy.

Karen tried to get Candiace fired from the show too but she'll slither up to Candiace and try to put a battery in her back because of Gizelle's commentary on Chris being Candiace's husbandger.  If Robyn weren't such good friends with Gizelle, Karen would slither up to her and try to put a battery in Robyn's back about Gizelle too.

People pay more attention to Gizelle because she just comes out with the shade and potshots but they don't pay attention to how Karen moves behind the scenes and under the radar.

Every talking head, Gizelle will take potshots at everyone (minus Robyn).  Every one of Karen's talking heads, she's taking potshots at Gizelle. Every single one.  Show needs to expose the real reason Karen dislikes Gizelle and it's not because of an Uncle Ben t-shirt or comments from 4 seasons ago.

1 hour ago, Crazydoxielady said:

I don’t feel bad for Wendy. I made a joke on her IG about Zen Wen & she blocked me. She’s hyper insecure.

If she was Zen Wen she wouldn't have been bothered by your comment & hit the block button. 

Let me just say this: for all of the crying about "Gizelle be coming for people's marriages!  Gizelle be repeating stuff from the blogs!"  nobody was condemning Gizelle for coming for Ashley's marriage and bringing up what the blogs were saying about Michael.  The only person who got flak for bringing up Ashley's marriage and Michael cheating was Candiace.

And Michael's glee at Juan not having married Robyn is not because he wants Juan, it's because Robyn told the truth about Michael saying he wanted to suck Juan's dick and that's also why he doesn't like Candiace.  Candiace & Robyn were there that night when he said it; he doesn't have that same smoke for Gizelle because she was not...anything she says is "speculation."

• Love 7

Oh sure, I don't think she's the only one who has that mindset. I think it is endemic to all of the Housewives shows - the idea that whatever their professional accomplishments, their highest value is demonstrated by whether or not they "have a man" or can "keep a man." (Especially a wealthy man or one of status). Gizelle is definitely not alone in that, but she does buy into it, IMO. 

• Love 5
On 8/16/2021 at 10:23 AM, drivethroo said:

What I want Karen to do is to confront Gizelle directly about the TRUE problem she has with her instead of hiding behind Former Cast Member's Trapper Keeper and putting batteries in Wendy's back.  And Karen's problem with Gizelle has nothing to do with Ray.

So what do you think are the true problems Karen has with Gizelle? I know that they have had static back almost to day one, but I'd be interested to hear your take on it.

As the poster noted above, it has to be a Bravo thing. I've seen the pandemic mentioned more on some of the franchises (BH & NY), but for the most part, the story is "and now we pick up where we left off..." I think it does a disservice to what folks may actually have been going through to paint Robyn as "lazy" or people as unconcerned about the pandemic.

Edited by Rlb8031
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Crazydoxielady said:

I don’t feel bad for Wendy. I made a joke on her IG about Zen Wen & she blocked me. She’s hyper insecure. Lady, your on a Reality television show and people are going to talk. When you march around in 180 degree change from how you looked last season, with  very risqué outfits with all your bits and pieces threatening to come out people are going to talk. Yes you can own your sexuality, yes you can dress how you want… Just don’t expect people not to talk. And not just Gizzelle and Robin. The viewing audience is going to have a question, concern, or laugh at you behind your back. These outfits are ridiculous, her breasts trying to escape her Versace bra were outlandish, at her neck, and not attractive.  She can call her selve Zen Wen all she wants, it’s clear that she is going through something …but she gets defensive as all hell and is not owning that her new Personna looks just like she is taking a page from the local headliner coming to the stage at the strip club.
I’m embarrassed for her husband if he’s not cheating ……and if he is, this is not the way to attract him back…. She looks desperate and beyond thirsty. And I’m gonna say it… she put all that money into her body. But her face is still her face and isn’t that cute. 

This is such a catch 22.  Because I think she made a lot of these personality changes in response to the viewing audience saying she was boring. 

People aren't bored anymore.  Be careful what you wish for.  

• Love 7
2 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Oh sure, I don't think she's the only one who has that mindset. I think it is endemic to all of the Housewives shows - the idea that whatever their professional accomplishments, their highest value is demonstrated by whether or not they "have a man" or can "keep a man." (Especially a wealthy man or one of status). Gizelle is definitely not alone in that, but she does buy into it, IMO. 

Yes. This exactly.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, drivethroo said:

I would not characterize that scene based on that preview and that's all I'll say about it.

Fair, we know how Bravo loves to edit and splice things. 

These are comments from cast and fans.  EVERYONE ties the women's worth (or women's worth in general) to their ability to "get a man" and then tie the worth to how much money the man is worth:

• Chris Samuels got a lot of money, he's a good husband
  • Chris Bassett is broke, he's just leeching and riding on Candiace's coattails

Excellent point. Chris Bassett is my favorite Potomac husband right now, Eddie second. Chris and Candiace actually have my favorite marriage on the show, very real. I hate the "get a man" conversations through all the housewives franchises. I've always been a career/education first type of chick, and hate that people actually tell me that I will have a hard time finding/keeping a man because I'm a doctor. Goodbye. 

Every talking head, Gizelle will take potshots at everyone (minus Robyn).  Every one of Karen's talking heads, she's taking potshots at Gizelle. Every single one.  Show needs to expose the real reason Karen dislikes Gizelle and it's not because of an Uncle Ben t-shirt or comments from 4 seasons ago.

1 hour ago, Rlb8031 said:

So what do you think are the true problems Karen has with Gizelle? I know that they have had static back almost to day one, but I'd be interested to hear your take on it.

Do you think that it is that Erica Lyles comment?

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, Rlb8031 said:

I'm not sure what it is, but it's not because of the tax t-shirt or "wishing death" on Ray.

Karen herself has said Gizelle doesn't lie, so whatever Gizelle said that hurt Karen must have been the truth.  She's claiming Gizelle is lying NOW, and perhaps Gizelle is when it comes to Gizelle's life, but we haven't seen Gizelle lying about anyone else*.

But it has to be a truth that deeply hurt Karen.  I just don't believe Gizelle saying Ray would be dead before her beauty fades is the reason.  It's obviously not the Blue Eyes rumors, the Ray Dried Up Penis statements or even the poking around to see if they really were living in Great Falls.

*The only real instance could be the Monique/Baby/Trainer rumors and the specific part about the baby was never brought to the show by Gizelle --Monique mentioned the baby part on camera first.

Do you think that it is that Erica Lyles comment?

That's the only thing I can think of that it could be.  Show needs to dig deeper and expose the real reason Karen has this hard-on for Gizelle because it doesn't make sense.  Perhaps Karen is mad she can't pick up the phone and try to have Gizelle fired like she did to Candiace.

• Love 2