Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E04: Going Ham at the Pajammy Jam

• Start Topic

Mia and Gordon wonder if she can repair the broken relationship with her mother; Gizelle works on showing compassion when her oldest daughter goes though a life obstacle; Michael surprises his very pregnant wife, Ashley, with a new venture.

Airdate: 08.01.2021

Gazelle thought she lucked out with COVID because she could blame it why she and Jamal didn’t work out. I am guessing that maybe 2 out of 100,000 viewers bought that.

Aussie Michael all of the sudden wanting to be a movie producer (during COVID) leads me to further believe that his income is a house of cards that may fall at any moment. In Michael’s defense (🤮) this is sadly true of way too many of the “real” housewives

• Love 16

So Michael wants to produce movies during COVID? He does know you don't have to be a producer to create an Only Fans account right?

Candiace decided that she did not want to fake the funk with Ashley. I would've "forgotten" to invite her too. It's bad enough she has to be cordial with Karen.

Also shout out to Candiace for working overtime as Curated Equal's Brand Ambassador, by wearing those pjs. Also for promoting her best friend's catering business Darning Needle Events.

Gizelle sweetheart,  you can't end a relationship that never existed. Please stop the nonsense. Also Mia is doing too much.

Edited by spunky
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
46 minutes ago, Steph J said:

I felt so bad for Gizelle's kid, having to deal with the disappointment of failing her driver's test in front of a camera, knowing that it would be aired on television. That must have felt so humiliating.

Or seeing her sisters snickering at her fail in the back.

Candiace decided that she did not want to fake the funk with Ashley. I would've "forgotten" to invite her too. It's bad enough she has to be cordial with Karen.

After Ashley shaded Candiace about "your momma's house" she sure wouldn't be invited back there or to the new house either.

46 minutes ago, Steph J said:

Maybe he just wants more frequent access to camera men. I genuinely can't believe he was allowed to come back to the show after sexually assaulting a crew member.

Or be the bartender tonight on WWHL.

Gazelle thought she lucked out with COVID because she could blame it why she and Jamal didn’t work out. I am guessing that maybe 2 out of 100,000 viewers bought that.

Robyn didn't even buy that excuse, as stated tonight.

Good to see the show showing Gizelle and Robyn getting their podcast started.  If it could be Former Cast Mate's storyline, it can be theirs, too.

Not sure if Karen should be calling anyone out on wearing fake designer when she wears ENDI instead of FENDI.

Edited by drivethroo
  • LOL 5
  • Love 12
54 minutes ago, Steph J said:

Maybe he just wants more frequent access to camera men. I genuinely can't believe he was allowed to come back to the show after sexually assaulting a crew member.

Mia is annoying. For someone who claims to be transparent, the "facts" she shares with the group sure do seem to change a lot from one telling to the next.

I felt so bad for Gizelle's kid, having to deal with the disappointment of failing her driver's test in front of a camera, knowing that it would be aired on television. That must have felt so humiliating.

That’s exactly what I thought. Michael wants to be the next Harvey Weinstein.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

Can’t stand Mia.  That’s all I got.

She set my teeth on edge when she declared "She's the boss".

I'm all in favor of being a boss bitch, but not when you mean to run mine or anyone else's life.

I feel like they're looking for reasons to be mad at each other. 

• Love 11
5 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

Dear god Gizelle's fashion sense is tragic. The hell was that robe/sweater/looking like it came from the Salvation Army mess she was wearing at Candiace's party? Yeah that's all I got. 

It's Versace robe for $595

image.thumb.png.13f3d026e258c71b85ab3f0355cc5cda.png

• Love 1

She looked like she was playing dress up at the office

Memo to Mia: moving some brochures around a table top does not make you a boss.

Gizelle: is there some reason you keep humiliating your children on TV?

Also: "I'm not good at providing emotional support." WTF Gizelle.

Ashley must have delivered at Virginia Hospital Center. I recognized the route Michael was driving through Arlington.

Regarding Michael's finances, my understanding is that the condo market is soft in Arlington right now, but the market for individual family homes is through the roof.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 13
7 hours ago, Momager said:

I’m really curious about Mia’s involvement in her business. She looked like she was playing dress up at the office - like “professional Barbie” and she can’t seem to speak intelligently about it. 🤷🏽‍♀️ 

Thank you! I had the same vibe, especially when one of her “boss” decisions was moving pamphlets from the left to the center of the table. Girl, bye. Real CEOs  are not micromanaging the placement of pamphlets. We’re too busy with operations and financials. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 11

What kind of movies does Michael expect to produce? I wonder if he’s looking for excuses not to be home with his family.  Ashley always has to mention their sex life or lack! Eww. I don’t care.  
Just like I don’t see Michael as a movie producer and Wendy as a candle maker, I also don’t see Candiace as a singer. I don’t think she’s terrible but I didn’t hear anything special.
I did feel bad for Gizelles daughter failing the test and that they aired it. 
I always liked Candiaces (and Dororthys) townhouse. I thought it was fine to not invite Ashley. I thought it had more to do with her being ready to pop but it makes sense if she was still irritated about the your mommas house comments or the fact that their husbands don’t get along. 
Mia is too fake. Usually there’s something believable within but with her I don’t think so.

• Love 9

Candiace wanted to have a farewell to her townhouse by hosting a pajama party, nobody was expected to sleep there, right?  Also, she mentioned that the house was "sold sold," to me that meant settlement had happened so how does she have access to the house?

Gizelle's daughter failing the drivers test and airing it was not nice but I think she wanted to show us that she can show us how emotionally supportive she can be...there is a flaw in that plan but Gizelle just does not see it.

Wendy we get it, you had surgery.

Mia likes to tell us she is a successful business woman, she is a busy mom, she had work done on her lady bits, repeatedly.  Someone mentioned that real CEO's do not fuss over brochures being moved from the left to the center on a table...yes they do, I worked for a company that was hyper focused on all the wrong things such as the swivel chairs in the break room not facing the same way at all times.  Yes, I believe Mia is that sort of CEO, can she do business projections or profit and loss reports or anything that is infrastructure related, probably not.

So Askala is showing up a lot, I feel like she is waiting in the wings till she gets to replace someone but who?

• Love 9

Mia is too fake. Usually there’s something believable within but with her I don’t think so.

That's it. She's all pretense. And fillers.

Giselle and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.

Great call back. My friend was in the first stage production of this show. (Without Gizelle, hee.)

Edited by pasdetrois
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5

I feel badly for Ashley, total human emotions and a husband I doubt has the EQ to support her in a way she needs to be supported. Yeah she picked him, but I still feel badly for her. He is scum.  She was exhibiting some real honest feels after her water broke and she had a rough delivery last time. I hope she makes out ok. The only, and I mean only, interesting part of the show for me last night. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I feel badly for Ashley, total human emotions and a husband I doubt has the EQ to support her in a way she needs to be supported. Yeah she picked him, but I still feel badly for her. He is scum.  She was exhibiting some real honest feels after her water broke and she had a rough delivery last time. I hope she makes out ok. The only, and I mean only, interesting part of the show for me last night. 

EQ ?

or did you mean IQ ?

• LOL 1

What was on Candy Asse's head during her talking heads??? I could not listen to a word she said for staring at it! 

Edited by Rebky
Misspelling
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

So, Mia is a CEO of a franchise that runs however many massage shops (Massage Envy?) right?  Not the entire corporation?  I'm not trying to downplay a multi-store franchise operation but it seems like she's playing with how she says that so it seems more impressive than it is.

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

So, Mia is a CEO of a franchise that runs however many massage shops (Massage Envy?) right?  Not the entire corporation?  I'm not trying to downplay a multi-store franchise operation but it seems like she's playing with how she says that so it seems more impressive than it is.

I was just going to comment on this.  I was suspicious, and I looked it up.  This is a franchise operation.  Mia and her husband have 14 offices, I think she said.  It's like  having 14 Subway shops.  That would be a very costly investment, and it is likely mostly borrowed.  She makes it sound like they run the whole company. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Talented Tenth said:

PSA: For the girls in the back pew at the church...

Just because someone slaps their "designer" name on something 80 kabillion times and charges you 16x what its actually worth, doesn't make something valuable. In seeking to prove your level of class and sophistication by buying this trash, you are actually showing that you are a sucker, one who will fall for anything. A $600 bathrobe that looks like it was designed by Versace's 4 year-old great-niece is not the height of fashion. It is just a sign of your desperation to signal to others that you are 1) wealthy and 2) in the know.

Giselle, you can dress like a clown for significantly less and save some of those coins for your kids. Hell, if you really feel pressed to spend that level of coin, support some up and coming designers who could actually use the exposure. But label whoring for people that don't care about you is a bad look.

• LOL 1
  • Love 23
5 hours ago, Talented Tenth said:

What in the gay Rocky is this shit?!  This broad is gaudy af!

Damn Ashley, way to support your husband!  I get that you’re concerned about your cash cows, er sons but I dunno….if Mr. Yogisboo wanted to try a new venture I’d like to think I wouldn’t piss on his parade.  Her response came off as rude to me.

Speaking of ‘rudeness’….

While Mia could have responded better to Gizzard’s text, IMO Gizzard was just as bitchy with her ‘not Karen’ invite.  She could have asked Mia to meet with just her and Robyn….I’d like to think that Mia would have known that it didn’t include Karen.  The way Gizzard worded it put Mia on the defensive, at least that’s how I saw it.  Loved Mia putting Robyn in her place with her response.    

And Beaky Buzzard, meet kettle….you are Gizzard’s fucking puppet so STFU with saying that Karen’s current perspective on Gizzard would cloud Mia’s judgement on getting to know them, when you’re the same way. 

Until Asake gets her champagne flute I’mma need for her to stay in her lane.  You are going by what Beaky tells you, how about trying to get to know the rest of the girls on your own and base your opinion then.

Candiace, just say you don’t like Ashley….I’d have more respect for her if she’d just own that instead of ‘forgetting’ to invite her to her pajama jammy-jam.  Though I think if she had invited her Ashley would have accepted.

Wendy, you have become a pathetic thirst trap!  You could get a total makeover and I’d still not give a bluedilly fuck about you.

Mia?  You’re going to have to let us know which work got done, your little man in the boat or the vagina, and then shut up about it!  She’s a bit ditzy but I like her and still loving G.

1 hour ago, Rebky said:

What was on Candy Asse's head during her talking heads??? I could not listen to a word she said for staring at it! 

Heiffa looking like Ursula the Sea Witch with blue hair.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Regarding Michael's finances, my understanding is that the condo market is soft in Arlington right now, but the market for individual family homes is through the roof.

I loathe Michael and couldn't believe they had him on WWHL (or on the show at all), but Monument Realty seems to do really well in DC (the company-not sure about him exactly)-they had/have a lot of projects down by the Nats stadium, which is a 180 on development from when it was just a McDonald's and Nation (RIP Nation). I hate that I just went and looked at their website and it seems like their portfolio is all over the DMV, but oddly lacking in "National Landing", aka Amazon world where you cannot drive down one block without condo construction. That said, I assume the movie thing is because he wants to step out and he's disgusting. 

3 hours ago, GussieK said:

I was just going to comment on this.  I was suspicious, and I looked it up.  This is a franchise operation.  Mia and her husband have 14 offices, I think she said.  It's like  having 14 Subway shops.  That would be a very costly investment, and it is likely mostly borrowed.  She makes it sound like they run the whole company. 

I only know this place because my neighborhood FB group was complaining about what a rip-off the one down the street was and how predatory they are-I wonder if that is one of hers! ETA-it is one of hers!!

I also failed my Maryland driving permit, but only once (this was Gizelle's kid's 4th time?). [insert joke about Maryland drivers that is very true]

Edited by jmcd44
Mia does in fact own the possibly problematic Joint place down the street
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5
57 minutes ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

While Mia could have responded better to Gizzard’s text, IMO Gizzard was just as bitchy with her ‘not Karen’ invite.  She could have asked Mia to meet with just her and Robyn

I agree with this. The text could easily have said that they wanted to get together "just the three of us" so that it wasn't specifically singling out Karen and that would have avoided the drama. Although maybe the drama was the point.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, GussieK said:

https://thejointfranchise.com/

It looks like the pay in for the initial is somewhat substantial. My guess is that the more franchises you own, the more of a discount you get on the initial investment/franchise fees. 

What Does It Cost to Open a The Joint Chiropractic?

The total investment estimate to begin operations on a new chiropractic franchise ranges from $203,397 – $378,697**, and The Joint offers the potential for strong returns. Our build-out costs are substantially lower than other small-box retail brands.

Total Investment: $203,397 – $378,697**

Franchise Fee: $39,900**

Minimum Liquid Capital: $100,000

Net Worth Needed: $350,000

Business Type: Franchise

They tout as a reason to invest that the primary delivery of services is the responsibility of a licensed chiropractor (who the franchise hires). That means the owners don't have a ton of day-to-day responsibilities. My guess is G is trying to turn a ho into a CEO and letting her run a couple of these is a fairly low cost way of providing her with a RHOP storyline and some actual resume experience that doesn't include the delivery of personal services when you're half-naked.

• LOL 15
  • Love 2

What I noticed about the franchise location Mia visited was its discount approach. There was a big sign that said something like "$29 Special." If I were getting my spine adjusted, that would give me pause.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

While Mia could have responded better to Gizzard’s text, IMO Gizzard was just as bitchy with her ‘not Karen’ invite.  She could have asked Mia to meet with just her and Robyn….I’d like to think that Mia would have known that it didn’t include Karen.  The way Gizzard worded it put Mia on the defensive, at least that’s how I saw it.  Loved Mia putting Robyn in her place with her response. 

This. While Mia may have gone straight to 60 with that very snide and shady response, Gizelle and Robyn set it up with the unnecessary, "without Karen" bit, which is what Karen noted at Candiace's party. That they didn't say, "without Wendy, without Candiace, etc." And Gizelle's argument that it's because Karen is Mia's friend was weak.

Gizelle was being shady about Karen in the message and didn't anticipate Mia taking it as some directive to her. As noted, all Gizelle and Robyn had to say was that they felt things got heated at the pamper party and they didn't get a chance to truly talk one on one with Mia, so would she be willing to have a drink with them. 

2 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

Just because someone slaps their "designer" name on something 80 kabillion times and charges you 16x what its actually worth, doesn't make something valuable. In seeking to prove your level of class and sophistication by buying this trash, you are actually showing that you are a sucker, one who will fall for anything.

This exactly. Nothing amuses me more than when the response to some hideous outfit is, "but it's [insert designer name]". Okay and it's still ugly as f... And if anything it just further highlights the individual's bad taste. Because I'm sure there were nicer Versace robes. But that Gizelle zeroed in on what was likely the ugliest is a testament to her poor fashion taste.  Girlfriend simply has no style. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
38 minutes ago, GussieK said:

Not to mention that chiropractors are mostly quacks.  YMMV.

My son and DIL swear by their chiro as do other people I know but my husband was not so lucky, I sent him to one near us (nobody referred us), because of a back problem which became a bigger problem, the chiro adjusted his back resulting in breaking a disc between L5 & 6, part of the broken disc was pointing up on one side of his spine, the other side was pointing down, months of pain and sleepless nights I found an amazing ortho doc that worked a miracle in a surgical suite, my husband has recovered but we both would not feel comfortable going to a chiropractor.

6 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

What I noticed about the franchise location Mia visited was its discount approach. There was a big sign that said something like "$29 Special." If I were getting my spine adjusted, that would give me pause.

I saw that sign too, maybe it is part of a subscription package you can buy.

• LOL 1
23 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

My son and DIL swear by their chiro as do other people I know but my husband was not so lucky, I sent him to one near us (nobody referred us), because of a back problem which became a bigger problem, the chiro adjusted his back resulting in breaking a disc between L5 & 6, part of the broken disc was pointing up on one side of his spine, the other side was pointing down, months of pain and sleepless nights I found an amazing ortho doc that worked a miracle in a surgical suite, my husband has recovered but we both would not feel comfortable going to a chiropractor.

I saw that sign too, maybe it is part of a subscription package you can buy.

The $29 thing appears to be the business plan of the overall corporation.  It attracts people with no appointments and no insurance, apparently.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Talented Tenth said:

Even Versace makes mistakes…

**dang it! I didn’t read all the comments yet! Someone stole my goddamn line! Lol

Edited by Jack Terrier
  • LOL 16
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

Damn Ashley, way to support your husband!  I get that you’re concerned about your cash cows, er sons but I dunno….if Mr. Yogisboo wanted to try a new venture I’d like to think I wouldn’t piss on his parade.  Her response came off as rude to me.

Wendy, you have become a pathetic thirst trap!  You could get a total makeover and I’d still not give a bluedilly fuck about you.

Meh. Michael has been publicly humiliating her for over 5 years now & he’s scum who has shown that he’s incapable of fully supporting his wife (emotionally, mentally) so he deserves everything rude and then some.

100000000000% agree on Wendy. She’s insufferable.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, LaurelleJ said:

As soon as someone texts Robyn to meet "without Gizelle" they will understand how Mia felt. 

Depends on who sends it...Its like apples and oranges Giselle and Robyn have been friends how long and are actual friends .... Mia and Karen are "neighbors" and Karen hadn't even been to her house before .... Mia and Karen have NO history so yes texting one saying lets meet minus so and so would be a lot different then texting the other that... Esp since Karen has done nothing but talk mad shit to Mia about Giselle every time they have been together and alone

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

I haven't even made it to the party and I'm already cackling. 

I wish somebody anybody would ask Mia how she got interested in chiropractic?  How did she choose The Joint franchise?  What type of analysis does she do before opening a new location?  How does she ensure that she isn't cannibalizing another of her locations?  How does she choose staff?  How long do the background checks take?  What are the licensing requirements for a clinic in state?  

I don't know....all the stuff a boss bitch CEO should know.  

She is a phoney baloney and it bothers me. 

Listen, its fine, you made money moves and pole danced (figuratively and literally) into marrying a rich guy.  Given where you came from, this IS an accomplishment in and of itself and you probably faced a lot of competition.  

But I HATTTTTTE it when people claim credit for what is not theirs.  There are a lot of women who DO build companies from the ground up.  This ridiculous ass candle company that Wendy wants to start?  It'll crash and burn, but it'll be hers.  Gizelle's makeup line?  Crash and burn, but it was hers.  Even Ashley's restaurant crashed and burned, but she managed it.  Robyn's Embellished line?  A small business venture that is her own.  Karen's wig and perfume line, yes, she is more of a face, but whatever money she is getting is based on her work.  Even using your rich husband's money to start a business is your business. 

Mia's talk of boss bitch is getting on my last nerve because Mia knows, and I know, and Gordon knows that what she did was marry a man who had a string of successful "The Joint" locations.  She isn't running shit but my last nerve with her shenanigans.  

You married a rich dude, its great. 

/rant over. 

• Love 21