Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 7/26/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, KittyQ said:

It would have been better if one of the other hosts listed her book. It is one thing to announce that you've written a book and another to choose your own book as recommended reading. 

Absolutely! Joy seemed to like it, she could have recommended it.

• Love 2
On 7/26/2021 at 1:18 PM, ifionlyknew said:

Meghan is wrong to equate the man who confronted Carlson with the man who shot Steve Scalise. One was telling someone he disagreed with him in a polite manner and the other used a gun to try and kill someone.  

And I hate to break it you Meghan but if you are someone who publicly proclaims your views on national TV and on your Twitter feed you just might have someone approach you and tell you they don't like your views.  You block people who disagree with you online so don't be surprised if they let you know in person.  But you should be used to it. How many times did the in studio audience boo you?

They thought it was a crazy comparison too.

• Love 2
(edited)

Did they talk about Simone yesterday?

I don’t know how anyone could not be horrified and deeply moved by the testimony of the officers yesterday. I can’t tell you how many times I was in tears.

Oh, for God’s sake, special report broke in.  I want to hear the discussion. Gah!  I sure hope Meghan didn’t dare try to dismiss their testimony. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

I don’t know how anyone could not be horrified and deeply moved by the testimony of the officers yesterday. I can’t tell you how many times I was in tears.

Oh, for God’s sake, special report broke in.  I want to hear the discussion. Gah!  I sure hope Meghan didn’t dare try to dismiss their testimony. 

Oh, she still found a way to try to blame the Democrats.

Edited by Rightside
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, Rightside said:

Oh, she still found a way try to blame the Democrats.

And she lied and grossly misrepresented what's been said by Democrats when doing it.     What's been said is that the system is bad and should be fixed.  Which is not the same as all police officers are bad apple and are irredeemable, which is what she claims is the Democrats position.  

• Love 12
20 minutes ago, Rightside said:

Oh, she still found a way try to blame the Democrats.

Yep. The reason Tucker Carlson and Laua Ingram are disrespecting the officers by mocking their experience is because of the Defund the Police movement by the left. The movement is so powerful it was able to turn the Back The Blue crowd into the Fuck the Police crowd. That is some powerful shit.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, General Days said:

I can't believe Meghan isn't leaving until August 6th. I thought we were free after Friday.

Oh that disappoints me greatly.  I was counting down the days - I want to watch her last day in the evening (not on background during lunch like I usually do),  so I can create a drinking game from it.

1 sip - Megan's dresser takes revenge (today it was a Little House on the Prairie dress on blast)

1 sip - Megan's hair stylist takes revenge

1 sip - Megan drones out GOP talking points that don't even come close to answering Whoopie's question. 

1 sip - Megan mentions "my father"

1 sip - Joy has a happy smile on her face all show

1 sip - Megan mentions that she or the other women are "strong" "relevant" "friends"

1 sip -  if one of the other hosts throw serious shade her way.  I don't know there could be others. 

Please delete this post if not allowed - I am snarking but serious in my game.

• LOL 10
  • Love 4

Yeah, Whoopi was right to say DefundthePolice had nothing to do with anything that they were talking about. That was such a random deflect.

Did Sunny only advertise two books yesterday for those who got to see the show? I thought Whoopi advertised more than two on Monday, but I sort of zoned out because I'm not crazy about Whoopi. It's a shame they're not doing their usual 4-5 books per lady then. But I suppose it's lucky that they're doing it at all with the show being remote like this.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Yeah, Whoopi was right to say DefundthePolice had nothing to do with anything that they were talking about. That was such a random deflect.

Did Sunny only advertise two books yesterday for those who got to see the show? I thought Whoopi advertised more than two on Monday, but I sort of zoned out because I'm not crazy about Whoopi. It's a shame they're not doing their usual 4-5 books per lady then. But I suppose it's lucky that they're doing it at all with the show being remote like this.

She did 3 books..one of which she wrote.

When Meghan leaves, Sunny's over inflated ego will be more glaring 

(edited)
7 hours ago, General Days said:

I can't believe Meghan isn't leaving until August 6th. I thought we were free after Friday.

I'm still hoping there is "breaking news" three seconds after she starts her farewell speech and she is cut off on live TV.

Edited by Rightside
  • LOL 16

I’m glad Whoopi pushed back on that a bit. I know the ladies on the show are as exhausted with her as we are and probably trying to just ignore Meghan until she finally goes away. The awful part is that Meghan is (and has been) getting away with these blatant lies for so long on this show. 

Hopefully there’s nowhere to go but DOWN for her…

• Love 8

Stay tuned for tomorrow when we hear Meghan's picks for Ladies Get Lit. Spoiler alert*****Meg brings a Gallon of Jack Daniels when she misunderstands the assignment and sits drinking out of the bottle while reading the back of the bottle. She will blame the left for the messaging of Ladies Get Lit and claim they have caused alcoholism to spike in red states.     

• LOL 14
32 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

It wasn't random. Meghan knew exactly what she was doing.  If you can't defend what has happened blame something else for it happening.  

18 minutes ago, heysmilinstrange said:

t. I refuse to believe she wrote good sex scenes like Joy said, though, since she seems like such a prude.

If I am not mistaken I think Sunny said she had someone help her write the sex scenes.

28 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

When Meghan leaves, Sunny's over inflated ego will be more glaring 

It's not that I don't like Sunny because I do but she does think mighty highly of herself. And yes I know she has accomplished a lot in her life but there is a smugness there.

• Love 3

I understand Whoopi's stance about those criticizing Simone Biles for dropping out of the gymnastic team final, but the part about how few people could do what she does - so what. I don't think that makes any difference. You could swap out almost any job that an audience member does and the chances are that Simone couldn't do it (especially without any training or practice).

• Love 1

It wasn't random. Meghan knew exactly what she was doing.  If you can't defend what has happened blame something else for it happening. 

Oh, I wasn't surprised she dodged the topic, but I couldn't help thinking, "That's the best you can come up with?"

1 minute ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Oh, I wasn't surprised she dodged the topic, but I couldn't help thinking, "That's the best you can come up with?"

Perhaps nobody gave her her talking points this morning and she had to come up with her own.

1 hour ago, burghgal said:

Oh that disappoints me greatly.  I was counting down the days - I want to watch her last day in the evening (not on background during lunch like I usually do),  so I can create a drinking game from it.

1 sip - Megan's dresser takes revenge (today it was a Little House on the Prairie dress on blast)

1 sip - Megan's hair stylist takes revenge

1 sip - Megan drones out GOP talking points that don't even come close to answering Whoopie's question. 

1 sip - Megan mentions "my father"

1 sip - Joy has a happy smile on her face all show

1 sip - Megan mentions that she or the other women are "strong" "relevant" "friends"

1 sip -  if one of the other hosts throw serious shade her way.  I don't know there could be others. 

Please delete this post if not allowed - I am snarking but serious in my game.

I will pray for your liver.

19 hours ago, Snapdragon said:

Sunny picking her own book as one of her Ladies Get Lit picks was just a whole lotta cringe.  

19 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

I agree.  Tooting your own horn isn't a good look.

Barbara Walters was an unabashed fan of self-promotion. This predates Sunny, but I remember her encouraging her co-hosts to promote their other projects on The View.

I didn't see the segment this time, but I've seen Sunny do it before, and I don't think there's anything wrong with it. They're not doing the news. The celebrity guests are almost always there to promote a new book, show, album, movie, etc. The politicians often come on to promote their books. Fans of The View are the natural target audience for Sunny's book. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Love 13
(edited)
26 minutes ago, General Days said:

I will pray for your liver.

Barbara Walters was an unabashed fan of self-promotion. This predates Sunny, but I remember her encouraging her co-hosts to promote their other projects on The View.

I didn't see the segment this time, but I've seen Sunny do it before, and I don't think there's anything wrong with it. They're not doing the news. The celebrity guests are almost always there to promote a new book, show, album, movie, etc. The politicians often come on to promote their books. Fans of The View are the natural target audience for Sunny's book. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Who could forget her endless self-promotion of "Audition"? 

Edited by JayD83
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, heysmilinstrange said:

If I wrote a New York Times bestseller like Sunny did, I'd have a hard time not bragging about it. I refuse to believe she wrote good sex scenes like Joy said, though, since she seems like such a prude.

Maybe Sunny is a lady in the streets and a freak in the sheets. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, athousandclowns said:

I remember Sunny saying she got her girlfriends together to help with the sex in her book. 
Darn I wish I could watch Robin’s new  show.  

I'd like to see it too.  Hopefully it will go somewhere after a few months.  I gotta say streaming sux.  It is not better.  The ads are stupid and ridiculous and that's ALL you get.  Fuck streaming. I can't say enough.  Yeah you can *PAY MORE* for no ads. GTH.  or there's the 'its funding the website, GTH '.  When is enough enough?  Streaming could be so cool.  Right now it sux.

3 hours ago, Sharper2002 said:

I’m glad Whoopi pushed back on that a bit. I know the ladies on the show are as exhausted with her as we are and probably trying to just ignore Meghan until she finally goes away. The awful part is that Meghan is (and has been) getting away with these blatant lies for so long on this show. 

Hopefully there’s nowhere to go but DOWN for her…

You know what would have been an awesome goodbye gift...that if i had any talents in these areas. But to put together say a powerpoint or Adobe and the presentation would be a 'This is Your Life at the View'.  Starting with her first ep awwww so fresh faced and new.  Keep going and going with clips from MMs first fight general, then first fight directed to Joy,  first Family Laud, double if you know the answer.  First mention of whiskey or Vegas.  Double if used in the same sentence.  First Panel Guest Name Dropping.  Awww it would be so beauTEAful. Again. --->  NOT creative  <---

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

If I am not mistaken I think Sunny said she had someone help her write the sex scenes.

It's not that I don't like Sunny because I do but she does think mighty highly of herself. And yes I know she has accomplished a lot in her life but there is a smugness there.

Help how? I missed it.

32 minutes ago, MMEButterfly said:

Help how? I missed it.

It was in an earlier episode. I think when her book was first released. She said writing the sex scenes didn't come easy to her so someone helped her.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Yep. The reason Tucker Carlson and Laua Ingram are disrespecting the officers by mocking their experience is because of the Defund the Police movement by the left. The movement is so powerful it was able to turn the Back The Blue crowd into the Fuck the Police crowd. That is some powerful shit.

Just once I’d like to see her actually answer the question when it’s going to look bad for her tribe…but no, yet again she avoided the actual discussion to turn it into the define the police and blame democrats yet again.  She could have just said it was a bad look for the republicans and their blue lives matter rhetoric but she just couldn’t do it.  Of course saying that it wouldn’t have been enough words or taken up enough time for her “segment”.  

6 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Yeah.  When Whoopie is on point and on top of things she can truly bring it to the discussion.  Before Meghan quit I’m not sure Whoopie would have so blatantly contradicted the Princess.  

• Love 6
6 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

I wonder who?  The cake-baker who works at Manny's office?

• LOL 6
8 hours ago, General Days said:

What??? Really??? Does ABC really hate us that much? 😝 Let us all give thanks for the mute button and FF control. We will be using them even more than usual until 11:59 AM on Friday, August 6th. 😉

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

What??? Really??? Does ABC really hate us that much? 😝 Let us all give thanks for the mute button and FF control. We will be using them even more than usual until 11:59 AM on Friday, August 6th. 😉

The arrows on my FF button wore off long ago.  I was sure MeAgain said she was leaving at the end of July in her big announcement. It made sense because their last day last year was July 31.  I'm hoping for a week of "breaking news" disruptions next week!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, deirdra said:

The arrows on my FF button wore off long ago.  I was sure MeAgain said she was leaving at the end of July in her big announcement. It made sense because their last day last year was July 31.  I'm hoping for a week of "breaking news" disruptions next week!

Oh, I've all but worn out mute and FF since she came back from maternity leave!! I too hope there will be preemptions, and of course yesterday was an important preemption. Still, I wanted to hear Mena Suvari's story and I hope they'll reschedule her soon.

• Love 4
(edited)

Megan is just terrible and will never change.  She will always find a way to blame Democrats for anything and everything.  We are almost there and I will never have to see her face again. 

I love Sunny and  I concede that she can be smug and full of herself at times, so what who cares as Joy would say.  She means no harm. Unless you have been to the South Bronx where Sunny hails from, then you would understand why Sunny is the way she is and  I don't think she does it to belittle anybody or to make anybody feel bad. At least Sunny earned her way in life unlike the princess of Arizona who is full of herself without earning anything in life. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 22
(edited)

If there is anything there is about Sunny it is the love of her family, and how fortunate she is, and love for her friends, and hobbies (chickens, bees, dogs).

And she wrote a book, had a short show last year about murders, I think.

Entertains. Has oddles of friends from all walks of life. Travels.

I see no reason for her not to promote her book...not like she is doing it every day, week, month.

In addition she is a self made woman and got to the place she is with tough work and ambition. And love and fun.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 21

Exactly. Sunny has her flaws - she does come across as overly smug and know-it-all at times, like when she disagreed with her friend Don Lemon (who wasn't even a guest that day) and even flat out said he was wrong. But her good qualities far outshine the bad. Sunny has a heart the size of a football field and is a fierce defender of the underdog. That's what's important.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Megan is just terrible and will never change.  She will always find a way to blame Democrats for anything and everything.  We are almost there and I will never have to see her face again. 

I love Sunny and  I concede that she can be smug and full of herself at times, so what who cares as Joy would say.  She means no harm. Unless you have been to the South Bronx where Sunny hails from, then you would understand why Sunny is the way she is and  I don't think she does it to belittle anybody or to make anybody feel bad. At least Sunny earned her way in life unlike the princess of Arizona who is full of herself without earning anything in life. 

Agree with all the above, and especially the bolded. Sunny IS a very intelligent and accomplished woman. She may also be a bit of a know-it-all at times, but even when she is, she's oh so classy about it. You know she can play gotcha with Meghan all day, but she doesn't. I think she's a very sweet person and tries not to talk down to people. Most of the time she succeeds. Every now and then she'll slip and be like "you're wrong." lol 

2 hours ago, maggiemae said:

If there is anything there is about Sunny it is the love of her family, and how fortunate she is, and love for her friends, and hobbies (chickens, bees, dogs).

And she wrote a book, had a short show last year about murders, I think.

Entertains. Has oddles of friends from all walks of life. Travels.

I see no reason for her not to promote her book...not like she is doing it every day, week, month.

In addition she is a self made woman and got to the place she is with tough work and ambition. And love and fun.

Yes! I've always applauded how much Sunny cherishes her family. I love that she looks after her elderly loved ones, and that she instilled great values in her kids. A lot of Hollywood types become really superficial. She can be serious and knows all the problems in the world, but this is a happy woman who still appreciates all she has and enjoys it. Compare her attitude of gratitude compared to Meghan, who's had it much easier than Sunny. 

Honestly, even if I don't agree with her 100% of the time, Sunny is one of my favorite people in the media. She's just a class act imo. There aren't a ton of people like her on TV. I really hope she's getting paid fairly. 

1 minute ago, catlover79 said:

Exactly. Sunny has her flaws - she does come across as overly smug and know-it-all at times, like when she disagreed with her friend Don Lemon (who wasn't even a guest that day) and even flat out said he was wrong. But her good qualities far outshine the bad. Sunny has a heart the size of a football field and is a fierce defender of the underdog. That's what's important.

I thought of that episode as I was writing out my post too! I don't think she meant to throw her friend under the bus either, and I agree that she has a huge heart and means well. Her loving family and many friends from all walks of life did not happen by accident. 

• Love 12
12 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

Just once I’d like to see her actually answer the question when it’s going to look bad for her tribe…but no, yet again she avoided the actual discussion to turn it into the define the police and blame democrats yet again.  She could have just said it was a bad look for the republicans and their blue lives matter rhetoric but she just couldn’t do it.  Of course saying that it wouldn’t have been enough words or taken up enough time for her “segment”.  

Remember when she said Trump blaming the virus on China was a good thing?  She thinks that hatemongering is something to be applauded but can't bring herself to condemn anyone in her party who is making excuses for the attempted coup.   I remember directly after the insurrection Meghan had harsh words for anyone involved and now she is hemming and  hawing about it.  Me thinks someone had a talk with her and now she has changed her tune.

• Love 16
(edited)

Ugh, I hate when covid is going to be a topic because Meg’s comments are so predictable.  Shut up, Meghan.

Good for Sunny for telling the hard truth.

LMAO Meghan saying people automatically think she’s a “lazy spoiled brat.”  

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 8
  • Love 11
25 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Ugh, I hate when covid is going to be a topic because Meg’s comments are so predictable.  Shut up, Meghan.

Good for Sunny for telling the hard truth.

Oh so she DOES read my replies to her tweets!  

• LOL 20
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I came here as soon as I could once I saw that.  Are the producers trolling us or Meghan by adding that to Hot Topics? I'm glad Sunny talked about the way access is privilege in her response.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Axie said:

My apologies to the authors, but, I'm not reading anything Meghan recommends.

Yeah, I’m pretty sure all that heavy-lifting that MeAgain does mentally is out of my league anyway. 

• LOL 7