Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 7/26/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

Favorite Summer Reads -The Ladies Get Lit - is back.

Monday, July 26 – Dwayne Johnson & Emily Blunt (“Jungle Cruise”); “The Ladies Get Lit”

Tuesday, July 27 – Mena Suvari (Author, “The Great Peace”); “The Ladies Get Lit”

Wednesday, July 28 — Robin Roberts (“Turning the Tables with Robin Roberts”); “The Ladies Get Lit”

Thursday, July 29 — Audra McDonald (“The Good Fight”); “The Ladies Get Lit”

Friday, July 30 — Molly Ringwald (“The Kissing Booth 3”); Whitney Cummings (“Touch Me”); “The Ladies Get Lit”

• Love 3

It's the FINAL COUNTDOWN!!!!

I will agree with Megan on one thing (gasp!) Whoopi gets a lot of flack for her views.  Maybe not in the same vein as the guy from Montana telling off Tucker Carlson (yay for doinng so, but not so good for Carlson's kid to be viewing this), but anytime Whoopi shows up on Blue Bloods, the conservative viewers gets PISSED and refuse to watch. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 6
(edited)

Of course Meghan only shows sympathy for Reps like Steve Scalise and Mrs tucker Carlson, and vilifies Maxine Waters for inciting confrontations. Not to play whataboutism but things are much worse on the other side of these things. Replace Mrs Carlson with Nancy Pelosi. Replace Maxine Waters with trump. It’s her side that instigates violence.

And Meghan, Dems are dissatisfied with Biden because he is trying to reach across the aisle when it’s clear the Reps are not going to cooperate. We are waiting for him to face reality and quit trying to play nice. Those days are past.

Sunny needs to retire the word fantastic from her vocabulary. She tells every guest that whatever they are promoting is fantastic. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 21
4 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Benedict Cumberbatch Reaction GIF

Five more days, people.  We can do this!  Who expects they'll give MeAgain a party, or say how much they'll miss her?  If that's what happens, I'll be clicking to another channel.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, AryasMum said:

Do I feel bad for Carlson?  Nope. He makes millions being a revolting scum bag. 

As Sunny said, he advocated for his viewers to harass others. No sympathy for it happening to him now.

Yet again, McCain thinks her party should be in positions of power both when they win and when they lose. A Democrat doesn’t have to pack his administration with Republicans in order to be deemed “bipartisan.”

• Love 23
25 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

The guy who told off Tucker Carlson had the guts to do it in person to his face.  Carlson hides behind a TV screen when he attacks people.

Good point. Weren’t they complaining last week about being attacked anonymously on SM?

18 minutes ago, mtlchick said:

Emily Blunt busting The Rock's balls on everything is something I need at least once a week. 

That was fun. 

• Love 8
38 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

The guy who told off Tucker Carlson had the guts to do it in person to his face.  Carlson hides behind a TV screen when he attacks people.

Tucker Carlson encouraged people who saw kids wearing facemasks, to intervene the same way they would if the parent was beating the child.  He has no right to complain. 

• Love 19
1 hour ago, ifionlyknew said:

I don't remember Meghan clamoring for her team to work with the other side.  It's all part of Meghan's spoiled privilege that she thinks her side should always get what they want.

I'm only 20 minutes in watching, and my blood pressure went up each time she went on her rants. It will be a pleasure to watch a program with women feeling free to express themselves without censoring themselves for a spoiled child. Her anger infects the mood whenever she opens her mouth. When she's not there, everyone seems so much more relaxed and the audience feels the same. 

• Love 16

Meghan is wrong to equate the man who confronted Carlson with the man who shot Steve Scalise. One was telling someone he disagreed with him in a polite manner and the other used a gun to try and kill someone.  

And I hate to break it you Meghan but if you are someone who publicly proclaims your views on national TV and on your Twitter feed you just might have someone approach you and tell you they don't like your views.  You block people who disagree with you online so don't be surprised if they let you know in person.  But you should be used to it. How many times did the in studio audience boo you?

• Love 18
(edited)
3 hours ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

Five more days, people.  We can do this!  Who expects they'll give MeAgain a party, or say how much they'll miss her?  If that's what happens, I'll be clicking to another channel.

I'll watch, just waiting for Joy to say: "I won't miss you at all, MeAgain."

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1

I'm normally against confrontations, but due to all the reasons you guys already stated, it's hard for me to feel sorry for Tucker Carlson. He's such a nasty person Meghan looks like a sweetheart in comparison. The fact that racist asshole has the highest rated show makes me so sad. 

• Love 12

Meghan says Biden needs either more Republicans in his cabinet or more bipartisanship.  Sara in response said it's hard to have bipartisanship when dealing with Mitch McConnell so of course Meghan has to interrupt to say Democrats control all three branches of government. Which no Meghan Democrats control the White House, the House and the Senate. Last time I checked SCOTUS was still majority conservative. But anyways Meghan who has "been in politics her whole life" should understand not all legislation can be passed with a simple majority.  Some things need 60 votes. Or would she like President Biden to start doing a bunch of executive orders? 

• Love 22
2 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

Meghan has to interrupt to say Democrats control all three branches of government. Which no Meghan Democrats control the White House, the House and the Senate. Last time I checked SCOTUS was still majority conservative. 

This is at least the second time she's said this.  Makes me crazy.  A seventh grader would know this.  I haven't seen the show yet--did anyone correct her this time?

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Gemma Violet said:

This is at least the second time she's said this.  Makes me crazy.  A seventh grader would know this.  I haven't seen the show yet--did anyone correct her this time?

It bugs me too.  Clearly Meghan isn't as smart as she thinks she is.

And no nobody corrected her.

• Love 12

https://news.yahoo.com/meghan-mccain-compares-guy-confronted-175039588.html

She also took issue with Behar calling Bailey polite, describing the Montana man as a “total jackass and incredibly rude” before arguing that Bailey should be viewed on the same level as the man who shot a GOP congressman in 2017.

“We’re living in a time when people like Steve Scalise are being shot and wounded to the point where we don’t know if he’s literally going to survive and now he has to walk with a cane because people aren’t in control of themselves and aren’t in control of their mental health and they want to take out their aggression on public figures,” she exclaimed. “It is incredibly dangerous.”

After reiterating that people see the hosts of The View as being as controversial as Carlson while worrying about a “slippery slope,” McCain brought up the protest that occurred outside Carlson’s home in 2018, adding that Carlson’s wife “barricaded herself in her home in their pantry and called the police because so many protesters were outside their home here in Washington, D.C. trying to accost them.” (Police and media reports at the time questioned the veracity of Carlson’s description of the protest.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, mtlchick said:

Emily Blunt busting The Rock's balls on everything is something I need at least once a week. 

Along with him playing along with it!  The videos of him and his daughters (the ones today and others I've seen) are really sweet.

• Love 7

So...MM thinks Biden should have more R's in his admin, alludes to her mother, but completely left out former Senator Flake (R, Az, and family friend) being appointed Ambassador to Turkey. I am so tired of her omissions that mess with her "facts."

And don't interrupt Sara!

• Love 18
1 hour ago, maggiemae said:

So...MM thinks Biden should have more R's in his admin, alludes to her mother, but completely left out former Senator Flake (R, Az, and family friend) being appointed Ambassador to Turkey. I am so tired of her omissions that mess with her "facts."

And don't interrupt Sara!

Plus i thought i had heard or read a blurb that Mom had accepted some position or Ambassador.

2 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

Along with him playing along with it!  The videos of him and his daughters (the ones today and others I've seen) are really sweet.

I smell a new movie franchise.  There will be sequels I'm sure.  Oh yeah, they need something to replace Pirates.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, mongoose said:

I'm only 20 minutes in watching, and my blood pressure went up each time she went on her rants.

I've just taken to fast forwarding every time Meghan gets screen time. The at-home format makes it easier. Between that, the commercials, and VYD, I can get through a show in a half hour, sometimes 20 minutes.

• Love 8
(edited)
13 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

I didn't see a mention of the panelists' book picks.  Whoopi picked three including Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman, incidentally a book I've been waiting for.

I love that she picked a Neil Gaiman book, but she should have mentioned that it's recommended that you read American Gods first.  Anansi Boys is not really a sequel, but it would help your understanding if you know who Mr Nancy is.

Might the show be preempted by the hearings for a few days?  We may be done with Meghan afterall.  (I’ll be watching the hearings.)

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I love that she picked a Neil Gaiman book, but she should have mentioned that it's recommended that you read American Gods first.  Anansi Boys is not really a sequel, but it would help your understanding if you know who Mr Nancy is.

What, Whoopi gave a half-ass recommendation?!  She also described a scene that was less than appetizing.  At least she got the title right.

• LOL 3
3 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Oh, good, maybe the 1/6 commission will interrupt The View most of McCain's last days... Heh.

and they won't even get to say goodbye ... LOL

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Gravity Check said:

I've just taken to fast forwarding every time Meghan gets screen time. The at-home format makes it easier. Between that, the commercials, and VYD, I can get through a show in a half hour, sometimes 20 minutes.

I do the same with Sara (not Meghan). Every time Whoopi turns to Sara and says 'Sara, what are your feelings about...' I FF her and her blabber and go to the next host or next topic. Nothing Sara has to say interests me - ever. 

• Love 1
16 hours ago, tableau vivant said:

According to PAGE 6, McCain's last day is August 6, not this Friday. And ABC is in no hurry to replace her before September. Looks like we'll have a few months ahead of us with rotating guest hosts...

https://pagesix.com/2021/07/22/the-view-is-in-no-rush-to-replace-meghan-mccain/

I wouldn't mind it if they just kept the core and didn't even get a fifth at all.  If it's a matter of politics,  the panel is perfectly capable of reading a report about foreign policy. If they must have one in for a question,  they can do it on telehealth.  So there really isn't any neeeeeeeeeed for a fifth.  'Fifth' is very close to 'Filth'.  One must be very careful.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Oh, good, maybe the 1/6 commission will interrupt The View most of McCain's last days... Heh.

Oh the irony hawhahah!

It was preempted here in MST  until halfway through.  What happ from the beginning until Mena's segment 

1 hour ago, tableau vivant said:

I do the same with Sara (not Meghan). Every time Whoopi turns to Sara and says 'Sara, what are your feelings about...' I FF her and her blabber and go to the next host or next topic. Nothing Sara has to say interests me - ever. 

I believe they are all give a script of the questions and answers for the day.  Sara appears to be the only one that reads directly from her script on a teleprompter. The rest of them just use the script for reference or notes, when they look down.

Sometimes it seems Meghan is reading from a teleprompter too but not as obvious as Sara.

Gosh, what would happen if they were preempted on Meghan's last day?

37 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Well, the committee has adjourned until after the August break so back to the View Meghan McCain show tomorrow.

She wasn't there today.  Nine more episodes and she takes a day off.  Yeah she overworks alright.  

• LOL 13
1 minute ago, ifionlyknew said:

She wasn't there today.  Nine more episodes and she takes a day off.  Yeah she overworks alright.  

She must have known they weren't going to be on. Why show up when half the audience won't see her?

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

I agree.  Tooting your own horn isn't a good look.

Didn't she do the same thing with her last book? Or there was some event and she gave one to each of the co hosts as a present.  I think it was her memoir book. Or i could be making the whole thing up lol

5 hours ago, Rightside said:

I believe they are all give a script of the questions and answers for the day.  Sara appears to be the only one that reads directly from her script on a teleprompter. The rest of them just use the script for reference or notes, when they look down.

Sometimes it seems Meghan is reading from a teleprompter too but not as obvious as Sara.

Gosh, what would happen if they were preempted on Meghan's last day?

omg that would be beyond hysterical!  Can you imagine?!  I would laugh the whole damn hour as shot glasses clink throughout the lands!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
38 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

I agree.  Tooting your own horn isn't a good look.

It would have been better if one of the other hosts listed her book. It is one thing to announce that you've written a book and another to choose your own book as recommended reading. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3