Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 7/19/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Monday, July 19 – Hayley Arceneaux, who will fly on SpaceX’s “Inspiration4,” as part of the first private space flight in September; “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, July 20 – Michaela Jaé (“Mj”) Rodriguez  on her historic Emmy nomination as the first transgender person recognized in a lead acting category (“Pose”)

Wednesday, July 21 —Exclusive with Bill O’Reilly accuser Andrea Mackris; Stacy London (“State of Menopause”)

Thursday, July 22 — Entertainment reporter Catt Sadler on contracting COVID post vaccination

Friday, July 23 — Julia Haart (“My Unorthodox Life”)

Edited by falltime
  • Love 1

That takes me back to when London was a contributor on this show, the same time Ana Navarro began appearing on this show for the first time. I was never a fan, but I think I read something in a People magazine from a year or so ago about how bad things had been going in her personal life at the time. So I'm sort of interested to see her again, for that reason. I hope things have improved for her, even though I wouldn't want her as a co-host on this show. She'd be better at View Your Deal than Glassman though.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

The only thing I remember about Stacey London is when she made some rather critical remarks in the press about how Whoopi dresses, and then Whoopi having a massive hissy fit. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

The only thing I remember about Stacey London is when she made some rather critical remarks in the press about how Whoopi dresses, and then Whoopi having a massive hissy fit. 

I remember that.   Whoopi was furious.   She had a rant about it on air.  And then a couple years later London was a guest on the show.   I'm convinced Whoopi had forgotten all about it. Or at least forgot it was London who gave her an unflattering critique. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
(edited)
50 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

I remember that.   Whoopi was furious.   She had a rant about it on air.  And then a couple years later London was a guest on the show.   I'm convinced Whoopi had forgotten all about it. Or at least forgot it was London who gave her an unflattering critique. 

Whoopie was triggered and it was embarrassing to see her meltdown like that and the whole audience was cheering her on but she looked like a fool.

Edited by Pearson80
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Stacy London was announced as a  'rotating' host that dreadful season when Candace Cameron Bure was on in the cast, and I think Michelle Collins, too.  London made no more than two or three appearances and then vanished.  Sort of like Collins vanished, only Collins did stay on longer. 

Anyhow, this week - like in the past season - looks horrible. Like I said about last week - looks like the regular crew (producer, booking agent, etc.) must all be on summer vacation and the college interns must've taken over. How else to explain this mess they've been in all summer long ? 

19 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Whoopie was triggered and it was embarrassing to see her meltdown like that and the whole audience was cheering her on but she looked like a fool.

Yeah, Whoopi was in her worst phase at the time. I think it was after Rosie O'Donnell had just left. She acted like a complete loon pretty much the whole year and a half after that still.

• Useful 1
On 7/17/2021 at 9:52 PM, TheView said:

Only 2 more weeks of Meghan! 

I wonder if, during the August repeats, they will show all of the episodes that highlight Meghan's most horrible behaviors and/or hair styles, just to reinforce how happy everyone will be when she's gone?  

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
(edited)

Oh, lord, here we go again with Meg’s rants about WH covid messaging. Of course we know she spreads misinformation as well.

What a minute, Missy. It’s your people listening to media figures and politicians that is to blame for them being unvaxxed.

And now an unvaxxed gymnast has spread covid to team USA. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 13
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Axie said:

Meghan, the people I blame for not getting vaccinated are the people that are not getting vaccinated.

A thousand times this.  At this point anyone who isn't vaccinated has made their choice and I doubt any amount of messaging is going to change that.  Meghan is a like a dog with a bone with this whole Biden isn't doing the right messaging bullshit.   And unfortunately there will be people who believe it.   Isn't Meghan and her team all about individual's responsibility?  If someone has chosen not to get vaccinated then they are responsible for what happens after that choice.  If you are free to decline the vaccine then you are free to deal with consequences. 

Edited by ifionlyknew
  • Love 23
On 7/16/2021 at 5:55 PM, lookeyloo said:

I love Stacy London from the what not to wear days. “Color, pattern, texture, shine”. 

Then she eventually blocked (then unblocked) Clinton Kelly on Twitter. I know she’s been through a lot including going into debt, losing everything but she seems to be back on track.

That entire segment about Olympians having sex…first of all, it’s been known for years that happens at the village to the point where there were stats about how many condoms were given out during the Games.  But given the current state of a COVID in Japan and cases starting to pop up in the village, I think the athletes have bigger concerns than looking for a hook up. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Fox News is STILL saying that getting vaccinated is a "personal choice" instead of advocating for vaccinations. But yeah, blame democrats

And Meghan has a pretty strong anti-mask stance on her twitter account.  Considering she has a child, this is a really uninformed point of view.  someone who is vaccinated could still pick up the virus and transfer it to Liberty. 

• Love 21

When the show started and Joy spoke first, I rolled my eyes that they plan to give McCain the “last word” on every topic these last weeks, particularly one about COVID misinformation (of which she's played a part). Which is another reason I say good riddance to her! Thankfully it turned out that they made sure Sunny would play cleanup after her since it actually was an important topic where McCain’s misinformation can have real consequences. TBH, it’s disgusting to hear from her on the topic at all knowing she’s one of these people who have done their best to contribute to public harm with their platform, but even when she speaks she can’t even keep her BS straight. First she says Biden hasn’t done anything to reach out to Republicans, then says he hired someone to do that but they’ve failed. Well, which is it—he’s not trying or he tried and failed? Then she says it’s not Republicans’ fault despite what the statistics say and then goes on about how Republicans are distrustful of the media, politicians, all the institutions, health professionals, educators, etc. etc. If they’re not the problem here, then why are you making one long explanation to excuse them?

Then they have a fluff topic intended to lighten the mood next, and she decides to be bitchy and rude, the opposite of the topic’s purpose. Again: good f***ing riddance! With Real Housewives of New York doing bad in the ratings and talking politics now, they should add her on there. She always belonged on that misogynist trashdump anyway, not The View. Feel free to take her, Andy!

• LOL 6
  • Love 18

Finally someone mentioned that Trump and Melania got vaccinated. Thank you whoopi.

Megan should know damn well that the majority of these people not getting vaccinated are not going to listen to the White House or not going to listen to Biden,they're going to listen to Trump. It is Trump's responsibility to actually do something good for this country and put out a message saying that he and his wife were vaccinated during his presidency all he talked about in the last year was how he was going to get the vaccine and he was going to help cure covid and operation warp speed. Well it worked and we did get the vaccine so now why are you hiding the fact that you got it it makes no sense. But it is up to Fox News and Judge Jeanine and Tucker Carlson and Hannity to share the truth in matters of life and death.

Oh and I did do a spit-take this morning when Megan said she didn't know of anybody on Fox news that is telling people not to get  vaccinated, please b**** watch Tucker Carlson.

Oh and I would like to know where Megan got her vaccinations at , t was probably a private office where she was able to sing and dance and jump around and hug people.  Personally my sister and I got our vaccinations and a large Stadium where we had to wait in line while hundreds of us waited patiently to get our vaccines .We were all happy and polite and nice to the medical people who are helping us but we didn't get to act this way because of our circumstances,  so it must have been nice Megan. personally I think she was jumping up and down because she would get to be able to go out and get drunk again with her friends.

• Love 15
(edited)
46 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

Isn't Meghan and her team all about individual's responsibility?  

As the "only Republican co-host", MeAgain has had a platform for the past 6.5 months to encourage her tribe to get vaccinated without increasing their doubts.  She doesn't need Biden or the White House to endorse her. 

Meghan got one of her doses at George Mason University & had the selfie to prove it.  But apparently was "confused" by instructions to wait two weeks and went gambling in Atlantic City a couple of days later and came down with a cold and missed work.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 17
10 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

First she says Biden hasn’t done anything to reach out to Republicans,

There is a large percentage of Republicans who think Biden isn't actually the elected President so why does Meghan think they would do anything he says?  She knows it isn't up to Biden to convince people to get the vaccine but if she can somehow paint it as his fault she will gleefully do so.  She is nothing but a party shill now.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 18

On top of that, I imagine McCain's spiel about what a Republican is was another potshot at Ana. She's clearly seething that Ana got to do a video with Fauci to help combat COVID-19 misinformation whereas she (the "true" Republican, in her mind) gets paid dust. I'm glad she's been denied relevance and legitimacy by the Biden Administration.

• Love 20
1 minute ago, ifionlyknew said:

She knows it isn't up to Biden to convince people to get the vaccine but if she can somehow paint it as his fault she will gleefully do so.  She is nothing but a party shill now.  

Not that I expect Biden to publicly say anything now but personally I find it beyond disrespectful on how much trash talk she says about him when he was on the View after her dad passed and said the loveliest things about her family. 

NINE. MORE. DAYS.

• Love 22
31 minutes ago, mtlchick said:

Not that I expect Biden to publicly say anything now but personally I find it beyond disrespectful on how much trash talk she says about him when he was on the View after her dad passed and said the loveliest things about her family. 

NINE. MORE. DAYS.

Meghan has shown herself to be a truly awful person.  Her father and President Biden were able to be friends without letting politics come between them but Meghan is clearly not a big enough person to be able to do that.  

• Love 24
1 hour ago, Poohbear617 said:

Oh and I did do a spit-take this morning when Megan said she didn't know of anybody on Fox news that is telling people not to get  vaccinated, please b**** watch Tucker Carlson.

Me too...LOL.   Especially since she pointed out that someone this morning on Fox & Friends was promoting getting the vaccine.    The vaccine has been readily available to everyone in the general public since Mar/Apr....    Delta variant has been surging for the past 2-3 weeks.   And Fox deserve kudos for just now saying get the vaccine?   

Sunny, as always provided the facts and statistics about Fox News coverage of the vaccine.   

1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

On top of that, I imagine McCain's spiel about what a Republican is was another potshot at Ana. She's clearly seething that Ana got to do a video with Fauci to help combat COVID-19 misinformation whereas she (the "true" Republican, in her mind) gets paid dust. I'm glad she's been denied relevance and legitimacy by the Biden Administration.

And she didn't really explain well on who the real Republicans are.   She basically just said they are a group of ignorant people who don't listen to news sources (except Fox) or government sources.      And if they only news source they listen to is Fox News..... shouldn't her critique be of Fox News and not the Biden Administration (who she says they won't listen to) if she was truly concerned about the messaging to the unvaccinated?   People would take her "conservative" credentials more seriously if she at least sometimes tried not to make everything partisan.     

• Love 8

Sunny says that Ramona (of Real Housewives of NY) is "privileged" and the show is "vapid" - obviously she doesn't watch the show, because I think that's kind of the brand of RHONY. This is not a "deep" show, and tbh, these are not "deep" people (although I'm sure they'd be offended if you told them that). If you want to inject deeper content than party plans, fashion, and interpersonal issues, you need to do it in a more nuanced, natural way, not as a lecture. I think it can be done, but it would take a defter person than the new housewife appears to be to make the housewives think much about these concerns. 

• Love 2

Is there any city or situation where Meghan doesn't have "friends"?  Today it was her LA "friends" and the mask requirements. So interesting how the first thing these people do is call her.

Next there will be another lockdown and Meghan will be impacted!

• LOL 3
  • Love 10

Just hate watching this now, and actually for some time, like most of Missy’s tenure.    Noticed Her stifling a yawn during the Olympic bed discussion as well as lots of side eying to her left.   I wonder at who or what she is looking.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, deirdra said:

Meghan got one of her doses at George Mason University & had the selfie to prove it.  But apparently was "confused" by instructions to wait two weeks and went gambling in Atlantic City a couple of days later and came down with a cold and missed work.

Well, isn't it Biden's fault that she didn't understand the timeframe when she would be fully vaccinated? Did he tell the Republicans?

Edited by Rightside
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Lifesabeach said:

Just hate watching this now, and actually for some time, like most of Missy’s tenure.    Noticed Her stifling a yawn during the Olympic bed discussion as well as lots of side eying to her left.   I wonder at who or what she is looking.

Haha  that's been a topic of MANYmanyMANY a discussion. I don't think there's been an answer yet, but some very good guesses.  I'm assuming with evidence, because come on,  she wouldnt have called for them meeting if not.

4 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

She's clearly seething that Ana got to do a video with Fauci to help combat COVID-19 misinformation whereas she (the "true" Republican, in her mind) gets paid dust.

TGK, can you post a link?  I can't find the video.  THANKS!

3 hours ago, Lifesabeach said:

Noticed Her stifling a yawn during the Olympic bed discussion as well as lots of side eying to her left.

Yes, that was hilarious!

Thank you, Whoopi for mispronouncing that F&F host's name. Douchey, indeed!

• LOL 6

Meghan McCain Says She Hasn't 'Heard Anyone' On Fox News Tell People Not To Get Vaccinated, 'But Maybe I'm Just Misinformed' (uproxx.com)

https://uproxx.com/viral/meghan-mccain-hasnt-heard-fox-news-tell-people-not-to-get-vaccinated/

This one has reactions on Twitter.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/meghan-mccain-fox-news-vaccine-misinformed_n_60f5d024e4b07c153fb7d3a7

This is about the RHONY and MeAgain claiming that they are losing viewers because they are discussing race. (I am surprised she didn't get creamed on Twitter for that but when she says so many stupid things in one episode, people have to pick and choose!)

https://decider.com/2021/07/19/the-view-meghan-mccain-rhony-lost-viewers-over-modern-intense-race-conversations/

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Rightside said:

Is there any city or situation where Meghan doesn't have "friends"?  Today it was her LA "friends" and the mask requirements. So interesting how the first thing these people do is call her.

Next there will be another lockdown and Meghan will be impacted!

Last week, when discussing opioid addictions rising during the pandemic (which wasn't the topic they were discussing but, as usual, she went off topic to suit her own purpose), she mentioned she has been involved in more 'interventions' during the past year than she has ever been involved in. How many of us can honestly say we have been involved in multiple interventions during our lives?  Not making light of addiction but come on, multiple interventions in her 36 years of life???  She embellishes every damn thing she talks about.  She has absolutely no credibility.  She contradicts herself on a daily basis.  I can't wait until she is off this show and spends her days ranting and raving on Twitter.

• Love 16
31 minutes ago, bannana said:

Yes, that was hilarious!

Thank you, Whoopi for mispronouncing that F&F host's name. Douchey, indeed!

I noticed Whoopie’s mispronouncination and she ain’t wrong.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5

Oh, I just remembered that when they were talking about the Olympics, MeAgain was about to tell a story about one of her "friends" but Sunny interrupted with a short interjection about the athletes, and then MeAgain shook her head and said never mind. 🤣

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I was watching Meghan's eyes dart to the left and all I could think of was this:

Haha love that clock. Had one in my bedroom growing up.  The eyes always freaked me out the most lol.  It wasn't the exact same thing, but the 70s version hah

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Lifesabeach said:

lots of side eying to her left.   I wonder at who or what she is looking.

She has posted pictures of her setup a few times on her Instagram stories. Directly in front of her she has two monitors, one on top of the other. The top one serves as a teleprompter. The bottom one shows what we see as viewers. To her left, she has what looks like a big tv. She's probably watching Fox or Real Housewives. 

3 hours ago, Mrs Huffnagle said:

I wonder if Whoopi's joke about sex in the Olympic Village had "stick the landing" as a punchline.

(I'll see myself out)

Nah, that actually a good joke. Whoopi isn't that witty.

1 hour ago, bannana said:

This is about the RHONY and MeAgain claiming that they are losing viewers because they are discussing race. (I am surprised she didn't get creamed on Twitter for that but when she says so many stupid things in one episode, people have to pick and choose!)

https://decider.com/2021/07/19/the-view-meghan-mccain-rhony-lost-viewers-over-modern-intense-race-conversations/

This is actually not an original thought of Meghan's. If you google Eboni Williams, a lot of media outlets are blaming the low ratings on the show's new "wokeness."

• Useful 3
12 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

There is a large percentage of Republicans who think Biden isn't actually the elected President so why does Meghan think they would do anything he says?  She knows it isn't up to Biden to convince people to get the vaccine but if she can somehow paint it as his fault she will gleefully do so.  She is nothing but a party shill now.  

She will soon be irrelevant and we can all be happy that we will no longer have to put up with her arrogant nasty attitude.  All good things come to those who wait and I say we have been waiting and waiting and waiting..

• Love 15