Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E11: Man Up Or Shut Up

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, Chloe Dog said:

There has got to be a Walmart, right?  I think Walmart is literally everywhere.  Saying that, now I gotta Google that...

In South Africa. Walmart is a huge presence, but it's called Massmart.  They have over 200 stores in S.A. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

Someone needs to come up with a new story line for Family Libby because the Potthasts vs. Andrei is getting old. Maybe they can become a family of bounty hunters.

“They’re the quicker picker uppers!”

• LOL 16
14 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

It’s all so fake and set up now, it’s hard to stay interested. I don’t like anyone.  Why would I care?

And, as someone else pointed out, where are these jokers getting their ready cash?  Does TLC pay that well?

I don’t know where the money is coming from either.  Asulo should watch the kids and Kalani should get an 8 hr job somewhere.  Same for the others who have husbands at home.  TLC is picking from the bottom of the barrel.  They are getting worse and worse every season.  The best part is they get plastic surgery as soon as they have a few bucks.  Yara buys the best of everything and had facial surgery already.  Living the American dream.

• Love 4

Jovi and Yara were the bright spots on this show, and they are both in love with their baby girl.   Mike and Natalie are the most toxic, uncomfortable to watch pair ever.  She is slipping over the edge of sanity and Mike is giving her a push, which he delights in.  It is truly painful to watch.  Brandon’s parents; what to say?  They treat Brandon and Julia as their employees, who owe it to them to work on their dream farm.  If it had not been for Julia’s pouting and nagging, she and Brandon would have never left, so she deserves credit for forcing her man-child husband to grow up and move out.  

Kalani is just beyond my understanding, as is Asuelo.  Neither one of them can figure out how to get out of a paper bag, with no money, but they are out there buying new cars and homes.  Kalani has no intention of ever working since she will have to nurse her kids through high school and Asuelo wants seven kids, so there’s that.

This will be an unpopular opinion, but I kinda admire Ronald a little bit; he isn’t concealing his plan from anyone.  He wants them to stay and he said straight out that he knows buying the Christmas decorations will hopefully make them want to stay longer.  He isn’t giving any mixed messages about it, he admits it.  Now, this doesn’t make his ass-holery any less, but at least he is honest about his intentions.  The guy wants his wife and kids with him, that isn’t so weird to me.  Tiffany (and I sooo agree with everybody, get rid of those off-shoulder clothes already), doesn’t accept her role in all this.  You go to another country and get knocked up, it’s gonna be a problem eventually if you can’t agree on where to live.  For all his faults, and they are numerous, I can’t entirely blame Ronald for wanting his kids around.  

The Angela and Mykul story is done.  Either they are play-acting their contempt for each other for the show or truly despise each other.  Either way, it’s no fun. 

• Love 20

I don't think Asuelu is a decent caretaker for the kids.    He's too interested in teaching free dance lessons, playing volleyball during a pandemic, and his video games.    Remember the trip to California, where he stomped out the door, and the oldest son followed him out the door, and Asuelu never looked back?   That's the kind of caretaker he is.   

I can't believe his rotten Mama A. is visiting and bringing Tammy with her.   My guess, that's when the happy announcement will happen, because I bet Kalani is incubating #3 (Nixon, Eisenhower, or Lincoln). 

• LOL 8
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, Mean Jeanne said:

Angela is the absolute vilest filthiest piece of pure trash to ever blight my tv screen. Can’t even find words to say how completely reprehensible she is.

And why the hell did Aunt Sue ONLY tell Andrei to calm down when there was a whole kitchen full of Libby’s family members who needed to shut the fuck up. While I feel bad for Chuck, he needs to intervene once in a while and tell all of his asshole kids to STOP IT!!

THIS.

• Love 9
14 hours ago, Chloe Dog said:

There has got to be a Walmart, right?  I think Walmart is literally everywhere.  Saying that, now I gotta Google that...

I’m wondering where she’s buying all those cold shoulder blouses and dresses.  Guess she wants to show off those lovely tattoos. What the hell are they .. flying pigeons?  Lol.  Can’t stand these people, but I still talk about them.  I have to get a life again.  This pandemic made me nuts.

• LOL 17
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Mike doesn't have to be there for insurance reasons. She may be on his plan, but it's still her policy and she'll have her own card. She is responsible for the bill, not him. 

Jovi has only been home for 5 months in a 12-month period and those 5 months were not consecutive. Honestly, as long as they're renting then I think Yara should have full say in housing. She's the one who has to actually live there. For Jovi it's not much more than a long-term hotel. 

Thanks! I don’t know how the US health insurance plans work.

At some point, Jovi will realize that now that he has a family, clubbing and nightlife may be a once a week thing, if that. Once you hit your 30s, you spend money in other places.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

I find Kalanic and Assholo completely repulsive. There really should be a law against those two having sex.

I’m waiting for the third kid to come.  I’m sure they still won’t use birth control.  They’ll probably want to be on the show forever.  Why work?

• Love 8
(edited)
17 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

I qualified to sponsor my husband and I was a full-time grad student with three part-time jobs making about 20,000 a year

I kind of wondered about this…so many of these Americans fail to meet the income requirement to sponsor their spouses on the K1 and they need to rope in poor family members or friends to fall into these train wrecks with them as co-sponsors. Tiffany, Kalani, ‘Pole’, probably David too (I don’t remember, but I know his buddy essentially paid for everything, including his in-law pay-off and his deluxe accommodations at the storage facility), etc.. I suppose that’s why these people agree to be shredded by TLC viewers - they are desperate for the money.

Speaking of that, it’s funny how Tiffany preaches about financial responsibility when she herself is clearly not knocking it out of the park in that department either. She had to guilt her dad into co-sponsoring Ronald because she was too broke to swing it herself. I’m so sick of the holier than thou attitude. Her expectations of Ronald are extraordinary given the guy’s history, history she knew all about when she married him. She can’t snap her fingers and expect price charming to suddenly appear. She doesn’t want a husband, she wants a maid, a babysitter, a cook, and anyone else that can facilitate her plan to do absolutely nothing, ever, because she “neeeeeeeeeds a breeeeaaak”. Ugh. 

Separately, if I never have to hear Angela scream into her phone again, I will die a happy lady. She gives Americans SUCH a bad name, living up to every horrible stereotype in the book. 

Edited by Spectator
  • Love 22

I've only seen half of this episode so far, so I haven't seen Jovi's reaction to the new place.  No matter how negative his reaction might be, I really think that eventually he'll be fine with it and realize Yara should have the most input with the selection.  I think Jovi/Yara/family are the only group I actually like on this show.  I especially like how Jovi has embraced his father role, but then, I'm a sucker for men with their children.  And men with cats, but that's a different story.

Julia is also okay, if a little immature about some things, and I'm glad to see that she's gotten over wanting the expensive apartment and is happy with the tiny place.  Nice starter home for them to learn about paying bills.  Funny that Mom & Dad thought they were going to see the place and be able to talk them out of it.  Too late.  And then, "why didn't they ask us to help them?  We've owned and rented before.  Just because we cried and threw a hissy fit when they said they wanted to move...  And now we don't have our unpaid help to do our farming!  Woe is me..."  Ah, funny stuff.

As is the Andreii Saga.  I got my S.O. hooked on this show and Andreii and family might be his favorite part.  I don't tell him how it's all made up, so he enjoys making fun of them.  I only saw the first part of their story this week, but had to laugh that they thought they could drive a RV through the streets of D.C..  I did agree with Elizabeth on one thing - if I made all the arrangements because nobody else was willing or left the job to me, then you don't get to bitch about the results.  Bad decision?  Sure.  Move on...  No, really...move on.  Out of Maryland and back to Florida.  And take whiny Tiffany with you.

But, like me, my S.O. can't stand Angela.  Stop saying you're an American!  We don't want to claim you!  Unlike some of you, I don't feel bad for Mykull.  I really don't think he's in it for the Green Card.  It seems Angela was more interested in him moving here than he was, which means, he liked the abuse she constantly put him through.  At the most, I'd think he needs professional help, but other than that, he really doesn't get much sympathy from me.  Angela:  Sexy Grandma, Trashy Grandma.  Patayto, Patahto.

Kalansuelo - yes, get the most expensive car you can and don't worry about no one having a job!  It's the American way!  They are boring - until Mom and CrazySis come to town...

Mike and Natalie - I'll say it again - Nat might be crazy, but Mike and his Mom are cruel, much worse.

Probably the longest post I've made and I only watched half the episode.

• Love 21
45 minutes ago, Mean Jeanne said:

And why the hell did Aunt Sue ONLY tell Andrei to calm down when there was a whole kitchen full of Libby’s family members who needed to shut the fuck up. 

Perhaps it was because Andrei was dropping F bombs.  They all do it and it bothers me, because the kids are always within earshot.  

Yara seems to believe that taking Jovi out of NOLA will change his ways.  I hate to tell her but, "where there is a will, there is a way."

I noticed that when Brandon was showing his parents the apartment, Julia was off to the side and wisely kept her mouth closed. 

Ronald seems to have mastered the art of manipulating Daniel, and it's rather disturbing.  Based on the way he is throwing money around, I have a feeling he is counting on the money from the show to pay off his bills.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
16 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

The way Asuelu and Kanali appear in a relationship is disturbing.  Things are not right with him..it’s sad.  How can she behave as if he is operating as an adult?  It’s wrong on so many levels.   So creepy.

"I like car that go vrooom vroom vroom!!!"

I mean, this is an adult man?  

• LOL 14
  • Love 8
On 7/10/2021 at 10:42 AM, Frozendiva said:

No idea what the Mike and Natalie story is. If he wasn’t allowed in the hospital because of Covid, say so. Not say she ghosted him. Wouldn’t he, as the dude with the health care plan, have to sign off on the surgery? Canada’s health care system is different.

LOL, It looks like they were at a surgery center in Issaquah, I know this because I recently had some nasal work done by a pretty well regarded nasal surgeon and if I had to guess, I'd bet she had her work done by the same Doctor..  My son took me and they would not allow him into the hospital either.  They called when I was done and he pulled up and they wheeled me out!  My claim to fame, the same nose doc as Natalie...!

• LOL 11
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, mmecorday said:

Someone needs to come up with a new story line for Family Libby because the Potthasts vs. Andrei is getting old. Maybe they can become a family of bounty hunters.

Yeah each episode will feature how their bounty escaped while they stood there arguing about how to bring him in.

• LOL 16

Yeah, I didn’t  understand why you wouldn’t get lodging in VA or MD, instead of going into DC with a large RV to park.   Odd. Likely contrived.  I normally FF or ignore Liz and her situation.  It’s just noise to me, but it seems to me that if Andrei acted with an ounce of respect and sincerity, most of that ruckus would not occur.  I would rather not see any of them at this point, but I could get along with the family Liz, but not with Andrei for one minute. 

I’m tried of Angela and Michael bickering......enough already.  They have totally run out of things to say.  It’s beyond ridiculous and not amusing.

Has anyone ever heard of someone cleaning their nose out a couple of hours after nasal surgery?  I’ve seen bunches of it on tv and normally everything is packed for a day or two and the nose is very swollen.   Hmmmmm....

I laughed when Ronald walked out on Tiffany during dinner.  Lol. He doesn’t get that Tiff is likely much more interested in that food than him!😝 I know I would be. And, I’ll just add that for people who are in recovery for addictions, like Ronald......you don’t drink any alcohol. Doesn’t  Tiffany know that?  Is that why she bit his head off when he said he would drink hers too?  

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Has anyone ever heard of someone cleaning their nose out a couple of hours after nasal surgery?  I’ve seen bunches of it on tv and normally everything is packed for a day or two and the nose is very swollen.   Hmmmmm....

I also went Hmmmmm...if she had a septoplasty, she would NOT be removing the packing and squirting water in there.  I think Mike said something about polyps, so maybe that's different.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Kalani and Asuelu: It's great to see him teach his kids how to dance. Anything else? Not really. The romantic long weekend high is starting to crash. With little income, how do you expect to buy a car? Was there some sort of insurance payout for the old one to use as a downpayment? It was unacceptable for Asuelu to talk about having a 7 kid family at the auto shop/used car lot. A van is an expensive option if his 'job' is a rideshare business. Gas prices are going up and you want a fuel-efficient vehicle. He embarrassed himself, Kalani, and the car sales guy. I would be more interested in a mini SUV than a van. I have no idea how Kalani could find a man-child attractive. What about him was it that she chose to be with and have 2 or possibly more kids with? All he wants to do is play video games, volleyball, and dance. And now invite Mom and his sister to visit for the holidays? Whose brilliant idea is that? The coconut doesn't seem to fall far from the tree.

Brandon and Julia: Brandon, please do something about your hair. Grow it out a couple of months and see a stylist at a salon. It's a little boy Howdy Doody look. When I saw a photo of Prince George at the Euro game, he reminded me of Michael Juliana. Yeah, it was a good idea to rent a place first and then bring mom and dad over so they don't balk and guilt him in to finding something more suitable for them. His folks should be thrilled that their son has his own place now. But they are not thrilled at losing two cheap employees with room and board as salary.  A first apartment may not be a glamorous place. But it is something for Brandon and Julia to call as 'theirs'.

Jovi and Yara: Welcome home Jovi! At least you are a guy who loves his baby. Yara was a bit bitchy at first saying she had to go to the bathroom. You knew what time you were leaving. Again with the let's get reacquainted at the bottom of the escalator. No, you let Jovi get off and move off so that other people who may be using it seconds later don't crash in to you. I liked the apartment Yara chose. More residential, less noise, less honking cars and loud bikes. Didn't think Jovi would like it as it is too far from the action. He may settle in or he may look for something that he prefers - i.e. close to the bars and strip clubs. He'll still go to them. It'll just be more in transportation costs. Jovi could have gone month to month for a few months or given Yara 3 or 4 neighborhoods close to transportation and amenities. He knows the city, she does not. Since he will only be staying a month at a time, she should choose a place she feels comfortable living in.

Mike and Natalie: I have no idea what is going on, how much of the story is fake. Both do not come across well. So they checked in to the hotel together. Had a fight and then Natalie took the truck to her friend Juliana's place. It would have made more sense for Juliana to pick her up at the hotel or paid for her cab fare to her home. But that doesn't mean drama! Mike probably had some idea of when Natalie would have her surgery - usually AM - so him saying that his wife 'ghosted' him seemed weird. If there were Covid restrictions and a lockdown, he probably would only have been able to drive Natalie to the hospital and then either sit in the truck or go somewhere until her surgery was over and she was released. He finds Big Blue and then goes off on a joyride to clear his head and then comes back to pick her up and take her home.  And then feels put upon to have to make her some sort of meal. That could have been planned two days ago so something would have been ready for her to eat. The potato, mushrooms, and pickles didn't sound that great and it's not a hard dish to make. He could have bought a packaged salad, some dressing, and cooked some fish or opened a can of fish for her. I don't know if they struggle to communicate, are four year olds throwing sand in the sandbox at each other or what. Yeah, Nats may have not been forthwith about her surgery time, but that is childish. You would say that my operation is at 9 am and I have to be there by 7 am. It's a 90 minute procedure and I should be released by 2 pm or something. Or the doctor/nurse would call Mike to say that Natalie is good to go.

The Family Libby: Or Dysfunction Are Us. Chuck, the worst thing you have done is enabled your kids and not let them get their own jobs. They come across as entitled, selfish brats. Libby could have used Google Maps to see the place before finalizing the booking. The owner is looking to make money and not supply an RV space. Parking is at a premium. They were better off staying at a non-central hotel that has sufficient parking for its guests. All that luggage to haul in an out for one night? And then the action starts at the aunt's. Well of course all she hears about is how bad Andreii is and has nothing else to go on. Why did any of them think going to a family reunion *together* was a good idea? Most can't even be in the same room together without the fists coming out. If Andreii can be of help in the family flipping business, let him help out. They just seem to be upset that their cut is going to be reduced. Andreii's mother's peasant food looked a lot better than what was at the aunt's house. Let the aunt spend some time with Andreii to get her own view of him.

Angela and Mykull: The Ugly American rears its bleached head. Instead of a facelift, maybe consider some therapy. Angela may be looking better on the outside but the ugliness within has taken over. The thinner body has now sprung forth a huge ego and nasty side. Mykull is not to blame for your reaction to things. You are. Subjecting your grandchildren to a smoke-filled house? Seriously? Mykull isn't at your beck and call because you are an 'American'? America has lost a lot of its currency value. But that is what you use to get your way. And it looks like you are not getting your way. Get a divorce, get skinny, get 'pretty' and see if more suitable dudes come your way. Do some inner work on yourself to deal with your massive insecurity. Mykull deserves the Green Card for putting up with abominable behaviour. The Southern charm isn't very charming at all.

Ronald and Tiffany: Ronald, the US type tourist Christmas store is really expensive. Neither you nor Tiffany has $700 for probably a one use tree and decorations. Check the stores in the area, check the flyers to see what is on sale. Christmas stuff usually is discounted by early December. It has to clear out for the spring stuff to come in, or in your case the fall stuff to come in. There was no need to buy the $300 tree. You could have found a live one to plant later on and do something different. And now there isn't much money for presents. The Charlie Brown tree would have been a bit of an insult/put down to Ronald. Yes, you don't want to spend a lot of money, but he wants to make a nice Christmas. Lots of room to compromise. I liked the visit to the animal sanctuary. Too bad Daniel seems to have never visited a zoo or watched many nature programs on TV. Guess his mom spends her time complaining. Tiffany, you need to actually talk to Ronald and tell him what you want and need. He has no idea. Screaming at him all the time saying he isn't doing anything right is wrong. Ronald seems to have some of the right ideas, but executing them is coming up short. The dinner date was a disaster. They didn't need to order anything alcoholic - an ice tea or soft drink would have worked. And then date night went south, Ronald walked out, and Tiff is stuck with the bill. How was she going to get 'home'? Too bad the show can't use 'Last Christmas' as a song for them. Ronald, bribing and manipulating Daniel may not work. His mom comes with him as a package. It is going to take time for you to be his 'dad'. Not automatic. Just seems to be a case of bad judgment that a vacation fling turned in to an ill advised marriage to a fresh from rehab addict and that a kid also came out of it.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

This is true. You can't even catch a cab or an Uber. 

Right? He's not a kid anymore. He has a wife, he has a child. Time for him to start learning the joys of home maintenance, family outings, date nights with his wife, and barbecuing. You're a suburban dad now, Jovi! 

Brandon's parents' behavior as they toured the apartment was ridiculous! "Looks so small! Not like 10 acres!" Yes, Betty, its an apartment, try to keep up. Ron's absolute unbridled fury at Julia for "manipulating" Brandon, and at Brandon for actually, at the age of 28, getting a place of his own, was really something to see. Not to mention Betty's tears and histrionics. Why does she always sob about "losing my son"? You're not losing him, you silly, selfish, stupid hag. He's married now. He's getting a place of his own. He's not going into exile in the darkest Antipodes, where there's no such thing as wifi.  He's not being transported beyond the seas. He's not being shot in a rocket to Mars. Get a fucking grip already. 

They did not have one nice thing to say about that cute apartment. They are crap parents the end. 

And holy shit I had to rewind and watch Betty bravely, through her endless tears, whimper, "we'll do all the work now, that's OK". With the "We'll just toil, dawn to dusk, thanklessly, as long as our frail old backs will endure". Which is it, Betty? Either the farm is a dream come true, where they live and work with lots of cute animals and live their best lives, or its ceaseless, soul crushing drudgery, devoid of beauty or love? It can't be both! 

Maybe they're angling for a house flipping show. 

Bingo. That's why, even though Natalie is crazier than a shithouse rat, I'm always on her side. 

Couple of things: 

Five bucks says Kalani is already pregnant. This should pose an interesting logistical challenge since she is still apparently breastfeeding her two preschoolers. Good. Times. 

If the Potthasts had an actual reservation for an AirBnB, I'll eat my crown, since I am the Queen of Romania. One of the members of the Potthast Brain Trust thought that the whole family yelling at Andrei as he drove through narrow residential streets, while Libby teeters on the brink of sobs because the host "told her" there was parking for a giant, mutant RV. Libby could also establish her near genius, since she heroically made the reservation all by herself. Its not splitting the atom, but for Libby I guess its pretty good, since she's not very bright. 

That this whole family decided to subject their little kids to this boggles my mind. What a crew of assholes. 

Kalani should have put the foot down after the first unplanned kid. But then there were two! And an immature dolt as a husband. Who wants 7 kids!!!!! How does he plan to pay for all of them? Hope they stay on TLC or have some online Cameo or other hustle?

• Love 5
4 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I bet Kalani is incubating #3 (Nixon, Eisenhower, or Lincoln). 

I think they should name #3 "President". President Pulaa has a nice ring, and then she (just hoping!) can grow up to be the leader of the free world. Any kid can, because We Are Americans!

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Hangin Out said:

I’m wondering where she’s buying all those cold shoulder blouses and dresses.  Guess she wants to show off those lovely tattoos. What the hell are they .. flying pigeons?  Lol.  Can’t stand these people, but I still talk about them.  I have to get a life again.  This pandemic made me nuts.

Well, now that we talk about them all of the time here, I am getting tons of PT adds for those lovely tops......

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Yeah, I didn’t  understand why you wouldn’t get lodging in VA or MD, instead of going into DC with a large RV to park.   Odd. Likely contrived.  I normally FF or ignore Liz and her situation.  It’s just noise to me, but it seems to me that if Andrei acted with an ounce of respect and sincerity, most of that ruckus would not occur.  I would rather not see any of them at this point, but I could get along with the family Liz, but not with Andrei for one minute. 

I’m tried of Angela and Michael bickering......enough already.  They have totally run out of things to say.  It’s beyond ridiculous and not amusing.

I laughed when Ronald walked out on Tiffany during dinner.  Lol. He doesn’t get that Tiff is likely much more interested in that food than him!😝 I know I would be. And, I’ll just add that for people who are in recovery for addictions, like Ronald......you don’t drink any alcohol. Doesn’t  Tiffany know that?  Is that why she bit his head off when he said he would drink hers too?  

I am against Natalie and anything related to Natalie.......but I have had multiple sinus surgeries.  Yes, in the olden days they packed it.  Horrifying!!  But I had one last September and they don't do that anymore.  They put that wad of gauze under your nose and let it catch all the blood and snot.  You take it off, swab out the outer area, and put another one back on.  No blowing and no sticking anything up there, but no packing.

• Useful 10
  • Love 2

They did not have one nice thing to say about that cute apartment. They are crap parents the end. 

Betty's the last one to comment with her hoarder house and dusty yard sale crap lining the walls. I'll live in a studio apartment before I live on a puppy farm, any damn day!  

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
(edited)

Grandpa Chuck did clear something up for me regarding Andrei that I didn't understand, and I now understand it's part of a completely stupid storyline-- he wanted to borrow 100,000 to use for going into partnership.  Grandpa Chuck apparently does not understand that this was part of a ridiculous story line, and he seemed genuinely furious that Andrei wanted to borrow money from Chuck, so he could pay Chuck to partner. It's so ridiculous. I mean, how would that loan even work? Chuck just writes a check for Andrei and Andrei signs it back over to Chuck? So fucking stupid. I thought that Andrei wanted to borrow 100,000 to start his own business, and the partnering thing was a storyline, but now I see it is ALL a storyline. Every one of the Chuck kids has the exact same snotty attitude, is confrontational, and the way they treat each other is horrible, fake or not. I can't believe they speak to each other the way they do, and I can't believe how completely useless every one of them come off as being. 

Also-- marriage, family, etc. is not cheap. Why the heck are these stupid losers asking their parents to sponsor husbands for them? If they can't find someone in the states and actually have to buy a husband/wife, that they CAN'T even AFFORD the DOWNPAYMENT on, and need their parents to do it for them, doesn't that scream that there is something REALLY wrong with the person (reality, delusional, immature, not understanding basic economics, thinking)? I mean, I want a fancy car, but I can't afford one. So guess what? I don't have one! It's called being a grown-up. 

My husband continues to insist Brandon is trans. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Dobian said:

Yeah each episode will feature how their bounty escaped while they stood there arguing about how to bring him in.

Don't forget - they'll all be blaming Andrrrrrrei for letting the bounty get away!

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, Chloe Dog said:

Don't forget - they'll all be blaming Andrrrrrrei for letting the bounty get away!

There will be a mutiny of the bounty hunters!

• LOL 6
19 hours ago, Grifter Lives said:

Natalie didn't stay in the hotel room.  She took the truck and went to Juliana's, where she slept.

Didn't Mike find the truck in a parking lot? I assumed it was at the Dr's office or hospital. I guess she drove it there after sleeping at Juliana's and not answering her phone all night. I did have to laugh at Mike waiting on her for once,  making her nasty potato dish, bringing it to her, picking up the plate after she was finished and then Natalie shuts the door and turns off the light behind him. See ya, Mikey!

Brandon and Julia's apartment have no windows? Just like a Russian compound. 

Tiffany shut the fuck up. You don't complain to your husbands mother about what a loser he is. She already knows that. And put some shoulders on your damn shirts. That look went out 2 years ago. 

Angela I'm an Amerkin! You are an embarrassing Amerkin, Angela. These two have got to go away soon. 

Asuelo is such a stupid boy. Yes, have another kid. Kalani was half laughing about it, too.  

• Love 7
3 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

Grandpa Chuck did clear something up for me regarding Andrei that I didn't understand, and I now understand it's part of a completely stupid storyline-- he wanted to borrow 100,000 to use for going into partnership.  Grandpa Chuck apparently does not understand that this was part of a ridiculous story line, and he seemed genuinely furious that Andrei wanted to borrow money from Chuck, so he could pay Chuck to partner. It's so ridiculous. I mean, how would that loan even work? Chuck just writes a check for Andrei and Andrei signs it back over to Chuck? So fucking stupid. I thought that Andrei wanted to borrow 100,000 to start his own business, and the partnering thing was a storyline, but now I see it is ALL a storyline. Every one of the Chuck kids has the exact same snotty attitude, is confrontational, and the way they treat each other is horrible, fake or not. I can't believe they speak to each other the way they do, and I can't believe how completely useless every one of them come off as being. 

What I don't understand is the TLC money isn't that great. I would be embarrassed to act that way in front of a camera for only a measly grand or two per episode. Plus all the dirt that is then spilled about that.  The Potthasts have no pride.

Charlie yelling at Andrei for sitting on his ass for 3 years is incorrect.  He was at the beginning unable to work due to the visa process and then he stayed home to be at home dad while Libby went to work. 

I am hoping Kalani is smart enough to take some type of contraceptive behind Asuelu's back. 

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Spectator said:

I kind of wondered about this…so many of these Americans fail to meet the income requirement to sponsor their spouses on the K1 and they need to rope in poor family members or friends to fall into these train wrecks with them as co-sponsors. Tiffany, Kalani, ‘Pole’, probably David too (I don’t remember, but I know his buddy essentially paid for everything, including his in-law pay-off and his deluxe accommodations at the storage facility), etc.. I suppose that’s why these people agree to be shredded by TLC viewers - they are desperate for the money.

Speaking of that, it’s funny how Tiffany preaches about financial responsibility when she herself is clearly not knocking it out of the park in that department either. She had to guilt her dad into co-sponsoring Ronald because she was too broke to swing it herself. I’m so sick of the holier than thou attitude. Her expectations of Ronald are extraordinary given the guy’s history, history she knew all about when she married him. She can’t snap her fingers and expect price charming to suddenly appear. She doesn’t want a husband, she wants a maid, a babysitter, a cook, and anyone else that can facilitate her plan to do absolutely nothing, ever, because she “neeeeeeeeeds a breeeeaaak”. Ugh. 

Separately, if I never have to hear Angela scream into her phone again, I will die a happy lady. She gives Americans SUCH a bad name, living up to every horrible stereotype in the book. 

Price Charming!  You are right.  He doesn’t care the price, they will stay!

7 minutes ago, greekmom said:

Charlie yelling at Andrei for sitting on his ass for 3 years is incorrect.  He was at the beginning unable to work due to the visa process and then he stayed home to be at home dad while Libby went to work. 

If I remember correctly , Chuck provided the couple with a house,rent free, when they were first married. The arrangement was that Andrei maintained it. Andrei spent his days home playing games and failed to hold up his part of the agreement. Chuck became upset because he passed by the property and saw that the yard had not been maintained. Chuck confronted Andrei who thought it was all bs and insisted that he and Libby move out.  Libby was working for Chuck. Andrei insisted that Libby demand a loan from Chuck in order to move out of their rent free home..  After moving out, Chuck paid for Andrei to go to truck driving school.  Once Andrei finished the driving course, Libby was pregnant. Andrei declined to get a driving job because he felt he needed to be by Libby while pregnant. Andrei then decided he would begin a handyman service. He then decided to stay home with his child. So yeah, he’s been sitting on his ass for three years. He’s been watching cable tv learning to swear in English.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, greekmom said:

What I don't understand is the TLC money isn't that great. I would be embarrassed to act that way in front of a camera for only a measly grand or two per episode. Plus all the dirt that is then spilled about that.  The Potthasts have no pride.

I am hoping Kalani is smart enough to take some type of contraceptive behind Asuelu's back. 

I'm not sure what Kalani has to do in her life but have babies. She probably will have another one, and another and another... she seems to be completely unmotivated to do anything, is completely infatuated with herself, and will do anything she can to stay the focus of everyone's attention and be taken care of by mom and dad. For her, having kids is a way to keep from growing up and come off as important, gives her a reason to complain, and TBH, she's so big that she probably can't do much physically anyway and I can't believe she isn't depressed. She can't feel good being so out of shape. All the make-up, long sexy hair, and low-cut shirts to expose massive boobs in the world can't correct obesity. 

Andrei did a good job driving that RV. His trucking license was a good idea for him as he seems good with handling those large vehicles. Probably Chuck got the RV knowing that Andrei would drive it. That was strategic thinking there.

I read somewhere that the 90 day "happily ever after" money is about 2-7k an episode, which isn't millions but can probably definitely help Brandon get an apartment. I do think that the 90 day money is really helpful for some of them, like Brandon, who needed his parents to sponsor Julia. I just looked it up, and you have to make $21,775 a year to sponsor someone. So Brandon was pretty f-ing poor AND he worked full-time (allegedly).  The 90-day show is probably a huge get out of poverty pipeline for them. Good for them. I'm sad to think that without the show they would be stuck in that hoarding situation, with Julia and Brandon being additional hoarded objects that Betty can't get rid of.

Mike and Natalie are the two most insecure and stubborn people ever. They also seem to be very uncomfortable being happy, and much more at ease with turmoil and drama. I think they are both desperate for the others' attention and neither get attention unless there is a problem. I wonder if Natalie felt that if she told Mike about the surgery, he wouldn't be there for her, so she kept it from him, knowing that THEN he would care because it was something he could use for attention, "You didn't tell me about the surgery."

Back when I first saw them and they were in Ukraine, Natalie was the exact same. She was cooky, confrontational, demanding, and I remember Mike getting upset and walking out, strolling around the streets in his PJ pants. Natalie was really worried about something happened to him and being a target. I would have been done with him then-- you can't just walk away because you don't like what you are hearing/ aren't getting your way. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, greekmom said:

Don't count on it.

When she got pregnant right after giving birth to Oliver, she said in a TH the reason she'd gotten pregnant was because "you can't be on [hormonal] contraception when you're breastfeeding".

Which of course you can. 

It's part of postpartum healthcare for a ob/gyn to discuss contraception with patients, so when Kalani said that I wondered whether her ob/gyn was misinformed, didn't discuss contraception with her, or if Kalani is someone who doesn't trust science and was influenced by some crazy pseudoscience she found online saying if you're on hormonal contraception and are breastfeeding, your baby will grow another head...or something.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, TwirlyGirly said:

Don't count on it.

When she got pregnant right after giving birth to Oliver, she said in a TH the reason she'd gotten pregnant was because "you can't be on [hormonal] contraception when you're breastfeeding".

Which of course you can. 

It's part of postpartum healthcare for a ob/gyn to discuss contraception with patients, so when Kalani said that I wondered whether her ob/gyn was misinformed, didn't discuss contraception with her, or if Kalani is someone who doesn't trust science and was influenced by some crazy pseudoscience she found online saying if you're on hormonal contraception and are breastfeeding, your baby will grow another head...or something.

Good insights and memory! Well then. Given Kalani is breastfeeding, and condoms are for sluts, she's probably already pregnant again. 

• Love 3

The way Michael/Angela talk to each other vs Yara/Gwen...

Angela is mean and loud and I think it's mostly for attention. She graduated from the Jerry Springer School of Communication and it's toxic.

I think 90% of Gwen and Yara's communication is teasing. They gripe and complain, but most of the time they're laughing while they're doing it. Gwen's appeared on Yara's SM more than Jovi and I think it's cute as hell. I'd much rather watch them bitch about Yara's "laziness" (she can't be THAT lazy considering she's basically raising a baby alone 2 hours away from anyone she knows) than to watch the trashy Potthasts pile on Andrei. 

They're acting like Jovi's new condo is in the middle of nowhere. It's not. 

• Love 16
16 hours ago, winsomeone said:

in their last scene at the restaurant, Tiff just was attacking that plate of food. A wonder she didn't stab a hole right through the plate. She really looked enormous this time, especially when wearing those black pants. She will be 600 pounds before she knows it, the way she eats and how little she moves about. She complains about everything, doesn't she? Even the drink didn't suit her highness.

I read somewhere that she has jumped on the Weight Loss Surgery bandwagon and had a gastric sleeve procedure. 

An Aperol Spritz is kind of an acquired taste. She should have stuck with something familiar to her unsophisticated palate like “Sex on the Beach” 

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Yeah, I didn’t  understand why you wouldn’t get lodging in VA or MD, instead of going into DC with a large RV to park.  

Especially, as someone familiar with the area pointed out, driving north to DC really overshot their destination in southern Maryland 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, hisbunkie said:

If I remember correctly , Chuck provided the couple with a house,rent free, when they were first married. The arrangement was that Andrei maintained it. Andrei spent his days home playing games and failed to hold up his part of the agreement. Chuck became upset because he passed by the property and saw that the yard had not been maintained. Chuck confronted Andrei who thought it was all bs and insisted that he and Libby move out.  Libby was working for Chuck. Andrei insisted that Libby demand a loan from Chuck in order to move out of their rent free home..  After moving out, Chuck paid for Andrei to go to truck driving school.  Once Andrei finished the driving course, Libby was pregnant. Andrei declined to get a driving job because he felt he needed to be by Libby while pregnant. Andrei then decided he would begin a handyman service. He then decided to stay home with his child. So yeah, he’s been sitting on his ass for three years. He’s been watching cable tv learning to swear in English.

Andrei and Libby married in either Oct or Dec 2017 (google gave me both dates). Given the fact that the work visa takes time (let's say 6 months) that would have taken him into April thru June of 2018.  Libby had their daughter in Jan 2019. So at that point she was off like what? 6 weeks maximum till she went back to work for Chuck?  In this case, I am giving Andrei a pass.  

• Love 2
11 hours ago, greekmom said:

Yeah, that would be no. Asuelu is a dim bulb, which distracts us all from her spectacular stupidity. 

8 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

Don't count on it.

Which of course you can. 

I would not be in the LEAST surprised if Kalani was a devotee of some earthy crunchy mommy blog, riddled with pseudo science and barmy parenting methods. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, magemaud said:

An Aperol Spritz is kind of an acquired taste.

I was convinced that if I were truly a sophisticated stay at home cat mom that the A Spritz was for me...I was wrong, I could not acquire that taste.

6 hours ago, magemaud said:

I read somewhere that she has jumped on the Weight Loss Surgery bandwagon and had a gastric sleeve procedure. 

An Aperol Spritz is kind of an acquired taste. She should have stuck with something familiar to her unsophisticated palate like “Sex on the Beach” 

I believe you meant to write, "Unprotected Sex on the Beach."

• LOL 17
  • Love 1
(edited)
20 hours ago, Mean Jeanne said:

And why the hell did Aunt Sue ONLY tell Andrei to calm down when there was a whole kitchen full of Libby’s family members who needed to shut the fuck up. While I feel bad for Chuck, he needs to intervene once in a while and tell all of his asshole kids to STOP IT!!

I am coming to the conclusion that Father Chuck is the one w/the issues and all of the posturing of the kids is attn seeking. He never confronts anything. Which, I suppose is why he is a house flipping fraudin' criminal. Father Chuck is the problem. All those bitches (I'm looking at you too Charlie) have the agency to act out because Chuck allows it. All the arrests, DUIs, moving from MD to FL, the dysfunction is Chuck.  Libby and Andrei should move far, far far away from all of them. 

19 hours ago, Johann said:

Mike and Natalie - I'll say it again - Nat might be crazy, but Mike and his Mom are cruel, much worse.

THIS. ^^^^ All day long. 

16 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Not to mention Betty's tears and histrionics. Why does she always sob about "losing my son"? You're not losing him, you silly, selfish, stupid hag. He's married now. He's getting a place of his own.

Because of Ron. Betty "handles" Ron who I think is a bad drinker with an anger problem. I've cruised their FB feeds- Ron doesn't have anything to do with his other kids. I am sure he has driven them away, and probably because they didn't fall in line to what his plan for them was. One half sibling was at Ron's bday party but mostly just his older contemporaries and friends. Betty knows which child is next on that path to fail Ron's demands, Brandon.  And she is worried. I think she is toeing the line w/Ron w/those histrionics and handling him so Ron doesn't flip into that rage. She can manage her histrionics easier than having Ron's anger exposed on cam so she jumps out with it first. Betty's "what about the farm?" is RON'S "what about the farm" in her manipulative way. 

And finally, how are Yara and Jovi going to get around out in the boonies w/no CAR! That has yet to be answered. It's always Miss Gwen and Monty driving her around. Unless they are her new neighbors, how are are they getting to the store, dr appts etc???

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Love 5
On 7/10/2021 at 9:37 AM, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

NO ass Mike. #justsayin

Seriously though, the man has a concave ass! Why are we not talking about this? Lol

Every time I see him in his jeans (which I think is ALWAYS), I'm amazed about how NOTHING his behind area is.  Those jeans just hang perfectly straight down on him with ZERO filler, LOL.  He absolutely IS "No ass Mike!"

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 7/10/2021 at 4:49 PM, CSunshine76 said:

Yep, full episode is available.

So apparently the entire Family Libby sucks. I know it’s fake and I’m sure Charlie was told to bring the business up, but really? Yelling and cursing like that in front of Grandpa? Trash.

Natalie and Mike…someone make it stop! The two most miserable souls on the planet. They found one another, and make each other even more miserable. Ugh.

You know how in the opening sequences prior to each segment of a particular couple they show that image of them together with their names beneath them, and how sometimes they're shown as smiling and happy, acting as one, then at other times you'll see their unhappy/mad faces and facing away from each other (so you kind of know ahead of each segment how it's likely going to go, with them either fighting or getting along)?  Well, with regards to Mike and Natalie, they're rarely, if ever, shown happy to be with each other.  They're virtually ALWAYS miserable looking.  So WTF are these two together?  They HATE each other.  I actually think out of all the couples ever of all time on this show they hate each other the most (Colt and Larissa might be a close second, but still not as awful as these two).

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 7/10/2021 at 6:41 PM, Grifter Lives said:

I only saw the 30-minute sneak peak:

• Natalie and Mike slept in separate beds in the hotel room.  If they arrived in separate cars - Mike from work and Natalie from Sequim - Mike left his car at the hotel.  He went to the hospital with a producer and drove off in "Big Blue."
  • Blockyhead Eleanor was the only baby wailing on that trip.  All the cousins and aunts remained unfazed.
  • The men in Family Libby were whinier than the women.  But they consoled themselves by chauvinistic male-bonding in Waldorf, MD.
  • It's unbelievable that Libby and Andrrrrei never spoke about the AirBnB logistics before the trip, or that she never showed him the listing, especially if she worked on it as much as she claimed.  
  • The Non-Jovi & Yara reunion was sweet, because they sincerely missed each other.  Non Jovi's self-absorption actually spiced up the usual storyline and conversation of "Poor Yara is all alone and complaining."
  • I don't buy Daniel's whooping and overexcitement about Christmas.  Even if it were real, Tiffany managed to kill it with her denigration of the small Christmas tree and holding off any commitment to stay for Christmas.  Of course, Tiffany didn't tell Ronald about her test/sabotage: Buy the big tree, and we're not staying.  Also, Christmas would be more than 1-2 weeks away; they didn't need to buy that day.
  • Ronald's t-shirt had a female figure labeled, "Wife," and a motorcycle figure labeled, "Mistress."  

Eleanor really IS an unfortunate looking child, especially as compared to her boy cousin that was seated in another car seat right next to her (that was a beautiful boy).  The awful way that Libby does her barely there hair on top of her head absolutely does NOT help her looks.

And by the way, were those car seats attached to anything or strapped down?  If not, that seemed awfully dangerous to me.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, mamadrama said:

The way Michael/Angela talk to each other vs Yara/Gwen...

Angela is mean and loud and I think it's mostly for attention. She graduated from the Jerry Springer School of Communication and it's toxic.

I think 90% of Gwen and Yara's communication is teasing. They gripe and complain, but most of the time they're laughing while they're doing it. Gwen's appeared on Yara's SM more than Jovi and I think it's cute as hell. I'd much rather watch them bitch about Yara's "laziness" (she can't be THAT lazy considering she's basically raising a baby alone 2 hours away from anyone she knows) than to watch the trashy Potthasts pile on Andrei. 

They're acting like Jovi's new condo is in the middle of nowhere. It's not. 

You're so right!  Yara and Gwen are really fun together; you can totally hear it in the back and forth!  Like when Gwen and Gramma are packing up the apartment, and Yara says "don't I have a cool life?" lol  Sounds like good family.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 7/11/2021 at 6:34 AM, Persnickety1 said:

What an asshole.  

One is not allowed to drive oneself home after a day procedure such as Natalie's or anything requiring sedation, conscious sedation, or anesthesia.  

One has to bring someone to drive them home afterwards.  Someone who is still groggy from anesthetic, etc., is not allowed to drive themselves home afterwards and won't be released until they have secured someone to drive them home.  

Apparently, Natalie arrived by herself in the truck at the hospital which to me indicates she was planning on Mike showing up to safely drive her home.  And they were discussing her surgery the night before...yet he didn't even bother to find out what time she had to be at the hospital for the procedure?  Ugh.  

I was beyond pissed when he drove off in that truck, saying good luck to her finding a way home.  

At least the asshole turned around and was waiting for her.  

And then the looks on his face making Natalie something to eat as if he was really putting himself out for her.  Yeah, Mike, she hasn't eaten since probably midnight the night before  How dare she be hungry and need some food.  

OMFG...Natalie might off her rocker, but Mike has now jumped to my 90 DF Asshole Hall of Fame.  

What a prick.  Ugh.  

BINGO!  I've had many, many outpatient procedures on my back involving sedation these past couple of years, and I ALWAYS have to have someone there to drive me home afterwards.  Even my husband, when he's had dental procedures with sedation has had to have me there to not only drive him home, but I have to sign a form when I drop him off GUARANTEEING that I will be driving him home (a very overly cautious, but smart thing on the part of the dental office).

And every time I've had any of my sedation procedures, it always requires that I can't eat for at least 8 hours prior to the procedure, and no water at least 2 hours prior.  My husband and I always go out to a restaurant to eat as he's driving us home, because he knows that I'm starving by the time that I'm released from the post-procedure after-care room.

If I wanted instead to go straight home and eat, my husband would accommodate that choice as well, and gladly whip something up for me, which is amazing on his part because I'm a staunch vegetarian (have been for going on 32 years now), whereas he grew up on a ranch.  We've been together for almost 18 years now, during which time he's become well-versed in whipping up vegetarian meals for me.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 7/11/2021 at 10:16 PM, Frozendiva said:

Jovi, you could have seen if you could sign a month to month lease until you get back from your job. That way both of you can choose a place that meets everyone’s needs. Did you give Yara a list of areas that you would like to live in? Downtown living is fine if you are not there all the time. Honking cars and loud motorcycles late at night, partying, screaming, etc. The new apartment was quite nice. And if Yara will be alone X months, she would prefer it. 

I really like Yara the best of almost any cast member ever, and also am extremely fond of Gwen.  I'm even now liking Father Jovi.  Other than the smallest handful of other couples since this show first aired (mainly the ones we've never seen or heard from again since their individual seasons), Yara and Jovi seem the most real as a couple.  I love how much she seems to truly love him (NO green card marriage here), how she absolutely adores their baby, and I really enjoy her interactions with Gwen.  I wish we saw more of that instead of what they show of Yara whining for Jovi not being there with her.  I honestly think that production manipulates those scenes to seem more whiny than they probably actually are.

Re Jovi complaining about no longer living in New Orleans, he made some sort of comment (I can't remember the exact words he used, so I'm paraphrasing here) along the lines of what he's giving up (???am I misremembering), and all I can think of in response to that is what Yara has given up and endured since landing in America.  Having a baby without the companionship of her husband (thank God for Gwen), moving (again thank God for Gwen and Grandma Jovi), and being separated from him for 2 longer than usual time periods (4 months and 3 months), and not being able to have her family loved ones or friends accessible to her.  She is a trooper, and in my opinion can whine as much as she wants - it's harmless that she does so. 

And if anyone deserves to live where they want to it's HER.  She's basically a single mother for 2 months, 6 times per year (assuming that Jovi's job finally goes back to the normal time frames for him to be absent from her life, and no more of the 3-4 month separations), and deserves to live where she feels safe with Mylah [SP].  At this juncture in Jovi's life, he should have long since sowed his wild oats and be ready to settle down with his family.  I mean, it's clear to see how much he does adore their baby, and how he also loves Yara.  I hope for their sakes that Jovi is done with being the wild man about town, needing to live in the midst of the party town.  At this stage of his life, going out to party should be a special treat/occasion, and not a regular occurrence.  I really hope this couple is one of the long-term success stories.

Edited by Xebug67
Spelling error
  • Love 7