Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E11: Man Up Or Shut Up

• Start Topic

On 7/12/2021 at 10:07 AM, maxmama said:

Jovi and Yara were the bright spots on this show, and they are both in love with their baby girl.   Mike and Natalie are the most toxic, uncomfortable to watch pair ever.  She is slipping over the edge of sanity and Mike is giving her a push, which he delights in.  It is truly painful to watch.  Brandon’s parents; what to say?  They treat Brandon and Julia as their employees, who owe it to them to work on their dream farm.  If it had not been for Julia’s pouting and nagging, she and Brandon would have never left, so she deserves credit for forcing her man-child husband to grow up and move out.  

Kalani is just beyond my understanding, as is Asuelo.  Neither one of them can figure out how to get out of a paper bag, with no money, but they are out there buying new cars and homes.  Kalani has no intention of ever working since she will have to nurse her kids through high school and Asuelo wants seven kids, so there’s that.

This will be an unpopular opinion, but I kinda admire Ronald a little bit; he isn’t concealing his plan from anyone.  He wants them to stay and he said straight out that he knows buying the Christmas decorations will hopefully make them want to stay longer.  He isn’t giving any mixed messages about it, he admits it.  Now, this doesn’t make his ass-holery any less, but at least he is honest about his intentions.  The guy wants his wife and kids with him, that isn’t so weird to me.  Tiffany (and I sooo agree with everybody, get rid of those off-shoulder clothes already), doesn’t accept her role in all this.  You go to another country and get knocked up, it’s gonna be a problem eventually if you can’t agree on where to live.  For all his faults, and they are numerous, I can’t entirely blame Ronald for wanting his kids around.  

The Angela and Mykul story is done.  Either they are play-acting their contempt for each other for the show or truly despise each other.  Either way, it’s no fun. 

Coming out of lurking to say that I LOVE this post!!! Agree 100%

• Love 4
On 7/12/2021 at 9:35 AM, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

The one who is nursing is Kalani off of her own mother still- in a way of speaking. Kalani needs to get AWAY from her parents and be an adult. Sadly probably because of her indoctrinated upbringing she does not know how to function as an adult. I think she clings to her parents because it is the only security she has ever known or been agency to rely on- she shure as F doesn't rely on herself. She and her sister Kalini are so opposite the reasons must be out there. 

I think she doesn't get rid of them because they are more stable and reliable than Asuelu, and are her security blanket. 

• Love 2
On 7/13/2021 at 11:55 AM, The Pearl said:

I almost died chuckling when I saw Jovi struggling to carry that big ass box marked -- wait for it:  Hollywood Makeup Mirror!  LOL!  PLUS several other Amazon packages!  Yara's having the (spending) time of her life!  LOL  Their place looked cute and her explanation about STD's on Jovi's old couch was pricelessly hilarious! She's quite comical.

I just love her.  She gets what she wants.  I like the little table in the corner for her makeup and mirror.  I like her and Julia.  They get what they want, look sharp, not like Tiffany.

• Love 7
On 7/12/2021 at 3:35 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

Brandon's parents' behavior as they toured the apartment was ridiculous! "Looks so small! Not like 10 acres!" Yes, Betty, its an apartment, try to keep up. Ron's absolute unbridled fury at Julia for "manipulating" Brandon, and at Brandon for actually, at the age of 28, getting a place of his own, was really something to see. Not to mention Betty's tears and histrionics. Why does she always sob about "losing my son"? You're not losing him, you silly, selfish, stupid hag. He's married now. He's getting a place of his own. He's not going into exile in the darkest Antipodes, where there's no such thing as wifi.  He's not being transported beyond the seas. He's not being shot in a rocket to Mars. Get a fucking grip already. 

They did not have one nice thing to say about that cute apartment. They are crap parents the end. 

And holy shit I had to rewind and watch Betty bravely, through her endless tears, whimper, "we'll do all the work now, that's OK". With the "We'll just toil, dawn to dusk, thanklessly, as long as our frail old backs will endure". Which is it, Betty? Either the farm is a dream come true, where they live and work with lots of cute animals and live their best lives, or its ceaseless, soul crushing drudgery, devoid of beauty or love? It can't be both! 

Five bucks says Kalani is already pregnant. This should pose an interesting logistical challenge since she is still apparently breastfeeding her two preschoolers. Good. Times. 

Yes at his age, Brandon should be out on his own!  There must have been some financial issues in the past, maybe Brandon ran up a ton of debt and asked his parents to help him get that paid off, or asked if he could live with them until he pays it off.. The way they act is like parents who are freaked out about something - so I am guessing they know that he is spending money he doesn't have.  

If he has hit the skids before, and asked for help, I can understand them being annoyed that he is not living at home and saving or paying off debt.  

I wanted the salesman at the car dealership to say "congratulations! when are you due?" to Kalani and have her have to explain that she is not actually pregnant, just enormous!

On 7/13/2021 at 12:52 AM, magemaud said:

An Aperol Spritz is kind of an acquired taste. She should have stuck with something familiar to her unsophisticated palate like “Sex on the Beach” 

I have been meaning to try one, what do they taste like?

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
37 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

It was not as sweet as I thought it would be, the flavor was off for me, it was a combo of bitters and something I could not figure out, I wanted it to be my summer drink, you know, cool and easy to drink but to me it tasted musty.

I am hell bent on finding some drink recipe to use the bottle I bought, I am not giving up.

Tiffany seems like she would drink something sweet like moscato, (not my kind of bubbly at all). 

Edited by Baltimore Betty
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I haven't tried it myself, but my friends who regularly travel to Italy have been drinking them for years. From this description, I don't think I'd like it (and can understand why Tiffany didn't) 

"What Does Aperol Taste Like? It's a bitter Italian aperitif that tastes like a mix of Campari and Prosecco. It's light, citrusy, and refreshing with a subtle orange flavor on the finish. Aperol can be described as having a bitter orange taste, along with tastes of rhubarb and cinchona" [whatever THAT is]

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

It was not as sweet as I thought it would be, the flavor was off for me, it was a combo of bitters and something I could not figure out, I wanted it to be my summer drink, you know, cool and easy to drink but to me it tasted musty.

I am hell bent on finding some drink recipe to use the bottle I bought, I am not giving up.

Tiffany seems like she would drink something sweet like moscato, (not my kind of bubbly at all). 

I was hoping it would be sweet..  not thrilled with bitter.  Just from the look of it, I expected it to taste like orange tang.  

If you do find a recipe please let me know!

Moscato is not for me either!  I can see Tiffany liking that :)

2 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I haven't tried it myself, but my friends who regularly travel to Italy have been drinking them for years. From this description, I don't think I'd like it (and can understand why Tiffany didn't) 

"What Does Aperol Taste Like? It's a bitter Italian aperitif that tastes like a mix of Campari and Prosecco. It's light, citrusy, and refreshing with a subtle orange flavor on the finish. Aperol can be described as having a bitter orange taste, along with tastes of rhubarb and cinchona" [whatever THAT is]

The bitter is putting me off.  Yes I have friends who love it so much, I figured it must be a crowd pleaser.

Ha - not sure what cinchona is either...

Do we know how much these people get paid?  I am curious if they are able to make an actual living off the show.  

• Love 1

Tiffany is so annoying. I don’t like Ronald but seriously, it’s only been 2 days. I’m sure there’s a learning curve to all this for him. Then they finally get some alone time and she just spends it complaining despite his multiple attempts to try and make the conversation positive? She’s so focused on the negative! Like, what are you even doing in South Africa? Did you go there just to berate him in person? Yeah, Ronald sucks, but why are you with him? Why put yourself and your kids through this? 

Daniel’s Christmas tree interview was just so heartbreaking to hear. I am just so disgusted by the manipulation being put on this kid. They’re going to destroy this kid, and I feel guilty just watching it happen in slow motion. The fact that we’re only seeing a small snippet of what this kid goes through on a day-to-day basis is scary. Poor Daniel being in the middle of this. This poor little boy is being messed with so bad. He will need so much therapy when he’s older.

12 Floridians in an RV sounds like the beginning of a bad joke. In fact, they are a bad joke. Bunch of clowns.

Family Libby isn’t great with kids. I feel bad saying that. But it’s not the kids’ fault they are still awake. Maybe if you turned off the blinding RV interior lights and stopped yelling the kids could sleep.

Charlie: “Most migrants come to America and can’t wait to be overworked and underpaid!”

I don’t understand how Yara is being called inconsiderate and selfish for going so far (45 minutes) from the city because Jovi, who spends most of the time away (confirmed by his dad who has the same job and spoke about being away from family in this same episode) wanted to stay there. 45 minutes is pretty regular travel time for a metropolitan area and surely not impossible food someone who is away most of the time to come back and drive there for the day or even the weekend if he wanted. Yes, Gwen is trying to help, but that doesn’t take away from Yara being a new mom far away from the comfort of her family and what she knows. If being in a quiet suburb that’s an average commute away from the city to feel safe while alone with her baby is wrong, I wouldn’t want to be right either. You can say Yara knew what she was getting into but so did Jovi when he got married and had a baby. He seems happy to have his little family whenever he returns, so I don’t get why he wouldn’t want their comfort while he’s away for work at the cost of an average time drive into the city whenever he is actually home. He has no real consideration of a baby or what a young mom might need, so her priorities go first. He’s gone like half the year.

Brandon looked like he aged about 5 years worrying over telling his parents they signed a lease.

Brandon’s parents tried their best to manipulate and guilt them about the apartment. So toxic. If you, as a parent, don’t believe that your 28-year-old son can live on his own, then you have absolutely failed as a parent.

If Michael starts smoking, he can blame Angela but I’m pretty sure Angela started smoking WAY before Michael was born.

Angela only said she is an American (“land of the free”) to throw it in Michael’s face he isn’t and wants to be. She wants a pushover, asks him not to work and then complains she has to support him? Michael not getting his green card is truly a blessing in disguise. Angela doesn’t want a partner, she wants a slave. She’s super abusive and she’s finally getting pushback and now she wants to get rid of him because he’s not doing whatever she wants. I truly hope he finds someone better and not abusive he can actually have kids with. It was nice to see Angela so little this week. Hopefully the reduction in screen time will continue.

Natalie: I’m just glad that I’m alive. Mike: Woe is me, I’m the victim. Oh Natalie, you’re bleeding? Go to bed and rest while I mope around about how I’m the real victim. My feelings are bleeding out and you don’t even realize it due to you being drugged out right now. Why can’t you just see how hurt I am and how much of a victim I am? Camera people, do you see how sad I’m walking? I’m such a sad individual. Some might even call me a victim. But what can you do?

Mike leaving after Natalie’s surgery had me LIVID. I don’t care that he came back. The fact that he was so fucking selfish to think “she’s in the middle of surgery and wasn’t texting me back before it, so I’m going to leave her without transportation home while she’s in such an extremely vulnerable state” was just not okay to me.

I don’t think there was anything crazy or elaborate about Natalie’s meal request.

To everyone shit talking Natalie for “taking” Mike’s truck and ghosting him:

1. It’s really hard to believe that he had no idea where she was when he knew exactly what hospital to be at and roughly what parking lot to find the truck.

2. Are you seriously telling me he knew nothing about her appointment, when I’m sure he’s overheard phone (or even Skype) conversations about pre-surgery instructions or seen paperwork? Their walls are thin as we know.

3. Why would you fight with your wife the night before a surgery to the point where she feels so uncomfortable that she has to leave? Even if she starts it, it’s his job to then deescalate it until an appropriate time.

4. I’m surprised that no one has mentioned this yet, but her surgery was probably scheduled super early. I’m talking like 4/5/6/7 a.m. She slept at her BFF’s house. Of course she is just going to go straight to the hospital.  Why should she wake up even earlier to drive back to the hotel to wake Mike up, hear him complain and possibly restart the fight, get stressed out, all so that he can drive the truck back to the hotel? Going to the hospital direct makes more sense.

5. Mike had keys to the truck. It’s not unreasonable that he would take an Uber from their hotel and then drive her home when he got the call from the office saying she was done. Remember, this happened during COVID so it’s not like he could wait inside.

6. If he felt like he was missing info about her appointment, it’s his job to gather that info before everything, not after the surgery.

7. HE IS CALLING HER DURING HER SURGERY! OF COURSE SHE ISN’T GOING TO PICK UP! You marbleheaded spoon!

8. Last but not least, we haven’t heard her side at all and as I point out in my above points, his story doesn’t make ANY sense for two people that are roommates in a thin walled trailer, nevermind a married couple.

• Love 10
13 hours ago, suzywallis said:

I think she doesn't get rid of them because they are more stable and reliable than Asuelu, and are her security blanket. 

Exactly. She is a grown ass woman and needs NONE of them. That's her problem. Kalini has so much of a diff confidence and independence how can 2 siblings be so different? There's something there. 

• Love 1
(edited)
47 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Ha - not sure what cinchona is either...

Chinchilla?

(To be serious, it’s tree bark. Used to make quinine.)

Edited by Gobi
  • Useful 3
33 minutes ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Tiffany is so annoying. I don’t like Ronald but seriously, it’s only been 2 days. I’m sure there’s a learning curve to all this for him. Then they finally get some alone time and she just spends it complaining despite his multiple attempts to try and make the conversation positive? She’s so focused on the negative! Like, what are you even doing in South Africa? Did you go there just to berate him in person? Yeah, Ronald sucks, but why are you with him? Why put yourself and your kids through this? 

Daniel’s Christmas tree interview was just so heartbreaking to hear. I am just so disgusted by the manipulation being put on this kid. They’re going to destroy this kid, and I feel guilty just watching it happen in slow motion. The fact that we’re only seeing a small snippet of what this kid goes through on a day-to-day basis is scary. Poor Daniel being in the middle of this. This poor little boy is being messed with so bad. He will need so much therapy when he’s older.

12 Floridians in an RV sounds like the beginning of a bad joke. In fact, they are a bad joke. Bunch of clowns.

Family Libby isn’t great with kids. I feel bad saying that. But it’s not the kids’ fault they are still awake. Maybe if you turned off the blinding RV interior lights and stopped yelling the kids could sleep.

Charlie: “Most migrants come to America and can’t wait to be overworked and underpaid!”

I don’t understand how Yara is being called inconsiderate and selfish for going so far (45 minutes) from the city because Jovi, who spends most of the time away (confirmed by his dad who has the same job and spoke about being away from family in this same episode) wanted to stay there. 45 minutes is pretty regular travel time for a metropolitan area and surely not impossible food someone who is away most of the time to come back and drive there for the day or even the weekend if he wanted. Yes, Gwen is trying to help, but that doesn’t take away from Yara being a new mom far away from the comfort of her family and what she knows. If being in a quiet suburb that’s an average commute away from the city to feel safe while alone with her baby is wrong, I wouldn’t want to be right either. You can say Yara knew what she was getting into but so did Jovi when he got married and had a baby. He seems happy to have his little family whenever he returns, so I don’t get why he wouldn’t want their comfort while he’s away for work at the cost of an average time drive into the city whenever he is actually home. He has no real consideration of a baby or what a young mom might need, so her priorities go first. He’s gone like half the year.

Brandon looked like he aged about 5 years worrying over telling his parents they signed a lease.

Brandon’s parents tried their best to manipulate and guilt them about the apartment. So toxic. If you, as a parent, don’t believe that your 28-year-old son can live on his own, then you have absolutely failed as a parent.

If Michael starts smoking, he can blame Angela but I’m pretty sure Angela started smoking WAY before Michael was born.

Angela only said she is an American (“land of the free”) to throw it in Michael’s face he isn’t and wants to be. She wants a pushover, asks him not to work and then complains she has to support him? Michael not getting his green card is truly a blessing in disguise. Angela doesn’t want a partner, she wants a slave. She’s super abusive and she’s finally getting pushback and now she wants to get rid of him because he’s not doing whatever she wants. I truly hope he finds someone better and not abusive he can actually have kids with. It was nice to see Angela so little this week. Hopefully the reduction in screen time will continue.

Natalie: I’m just glad that I’m alive. Mike: Woe is me, I’m the victim. Oh Natalie, you’re bleeding? Go to bed and rest while I mope around about how I’m the real victim. My feelings are bleeding out and you don’t even realize it due to you being drugged out right now. Why can’t you just see how hurt I am and how much of a victim I am? Camera people, do you see how sad I’m walking? I’m such a sad individual. Some might even call me a victim. But what can you do?

Mike leaving after Natalie’s surgery had me LIVID. I don’t care that he came back. The fact that he was so fucking selfish to think “she’s in the middle of surgery and wasn’t texting me back before it, so I’m going to leave her without transportation home while she’s in such an extremely vulnerable state” was just not okay to me.

n’t think there was anything crazy or elaborate about Natalie’s meal request.

No there was not.  Boiled potatoes, mushrooms and a pickle, but that’s how she eats.  No meat.  My Mother was half Ukrainian and the staples in the house were rye bread, sour cream, potatoes, mushrooms and pickles.  She did cook everything tho .. Italian, American, etc.  I just made a soup of her today, which I love.  Sauerkraut soup, with two big pork chops in it, optional.  It’s delicious, if you are craving something sour.  Even my Italian husband loves it.  Mike and his Mother probably cook like crap.  To each his own.

• Love 4
(edited)
51 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Aperol Spritz Ingredients: 1 1/4 oz Aperol, 2 oz Prosecco, Splash of Soda water, orange slice garnish 

(personally, I don’t see the need for soda when bubbly Prosecco is already in there) 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

If you, as a parent, don’t believe that your 28-year-old son can live on his own, then you have absolutely failed as a parent.

Quoted for TRUTH!! The Ad Council should run PSAs with this message!

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Hangin Out said:

I just love her.  She gets what she wants.  I like the little table in the corner for her makeup and mirror.  I like her and Julia.  They get what they want, look sharp, not like Tiffany.

Yes, Yara and Julia get what they want and, in my opinion, not obnoxiously.  Julia might have to push a little, but that's probably the only way to get Brandon to man-up.  Yara might whine a bit, but I think she is actually appreciative with what she gets.  

I dunno.  Maybe they're both first-class bitches and my perspective is thrown off by the horrific behavior of others on this franchise.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

paraphrased:  lotsa great words...

Sorry, didn't want to quote your long, but great, post.

As for why Tiffany went to South Africa?  I honestly believe she had already decided to leave Ronald, even if she didn't consciously realize it.  She just needed to justify it, so she went there ready to argue with him about everything.  Also, to collect some money from the show.

I also believe Mike knew about Natalie's surgery.  He even admitted he knew about it, just not when it was scheduled.  And I believe Natalie when she said that every time she tried to talk about it, he just told her to handle it.  Do we know when she found out the date of the surgery?  Mike acted like she knew for weeks or something.  Maybe she just found out that day.  I think Natalie's biggest problem is communication and that she focuses on the wrong thing.  Instead of clarifying that her friend also didn't know the name of doctor, tell him this was the first chance she had to tell him the date of the surgery, that she just found out.  And, frankly, she didn't even have to worry about Mike catching an Uber - the cameramen were there to drive him.

• Love 4

Why wouldn't Natalie looked for an ENT in Port Angeles, it's much closer to Sequim than Seattle.  Also, how would she have not had to get a pre op medical exam without Mike knowing, (she was using his insurance because there might be a co-pay and seeing she had no money for a hotel room I doubt she has the money to cover the co-pays for her surgery), you don't get an exam until you know when your surgery is scheduled. 

I would have stayed the night in the hotel closer to where her surgery was being done after the surgery because driving two hours back to Sequim would seem uncomfortable for me. 

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Why wouldn't Natalie looked for an ENT in Port Angeles, it's much closer to Sequim than Seattle.  Also, how would she have not had to get a pre op medical exam without Mike knowing, (she was using his insurance because there might be a co-pay and seeing she had no money for a hotel room I doubt she has the money to cover the co-pays for her surgery), you don't get an exam until you know when your surgery is scheduled. 

I would have stayed the night in the hotel closer to where her surgery was being done after the surgery because driving two hours back to Sequim would seem uncomfortable for me. 

I forgot about the pre-surgery exam!  You're right.  No way Mike didn't know it was soon, even if he didn't know the exact date.

And Nat said she was hungry right after the surgery, and she had to wait the two hour drive and then wait for Mike to boil potatoes?  Not sure what kind of veggie food is available at fast food places, bur even a milkshake would have helped.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Exactly. She is a grown ass woman and needs NONE of them. That's her problem. Kalini has so much of a diff confidence and independence how can 2 siblings be so different? There's something there. 

I don't think it is so weird to have siblings differ in their independence.  My sister and I could not be more different.  Both raised the exact same.  It is just personality types.  I am way more dependent than my sister; she is super independent and type-A.  I am not as bad as Kalani, of course!

Aren't there other siblings in the Kalani/Kalini family?  There must be - Asuelo pointed out that they both come from big families.  Have we met any of them? 

• Love 3
(edited)
7 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I don't think it is so weird to have siblings differ in their independence.  My sister and I could not be more different.  Both raised the exact same.  It is just personality types.  I am way more dependent than my sister; she is super independent and type-A.  I am not as bad as Kalani, of course!

Aren't there other siblings in the Kalani/Kalini family?  There must be - Asuelo pointed out that they both come from big families.  Have we met any of them? 

Birth order is a huge thing in families.  I have a huge family and we were raised the same too. But birth order, individual experiences in school and with peers, parental age and adult growth stages, career, and many more factors influence siblings who are raised the same.  There is something there with these two girls. Kalani is stuck developmentally somewhere that Kalini is not. 

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

There was a brother who had to move out of the parent's Utah house when Kalani and Asuelo arrived.  He was living there alone and, I think, he worked for Lo.  The brother gave Asuelo and Kalani condoms and made some joke.  That exchange prompted Asuelo's declaration, "Condoms are for slut people."

I don't think that he's been seen or mentioned since.  He wasn't at the infamous birthday party.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Tiffany and Ronald are disgusting:( ! I’m enraged to see Daniel being manipulated and stuck in the middle of their shit show. And I am not a body shamer by any stretch but Tiffany is ballooning waaaaay up, she’s huge ! I mean unhealthily so. 

• Love 6
On 7/14/2021 at 1:10 PM, Maximadc said:

I feel very uncomfortable watching Angela’s episodes… I don’t understand how TLC doesn’t see anything wrong with her behavior in terms of racism, emotional abuse as well as her attempt illegally spy on her husband.

Same. 
She reminds me so much of my ex. Screaming over the other persons words, abusive language, drama, blaming.  It’s not good tv when I have ptsd from that traumatic relationship and it’s triggered by her.  It’s not cute, funny, silky, or ok.  It’s wrong and awful and abuse.  Period.  I’m not ok with the Pillow Talk couples saying “go Angela!”  Clearly they have never been trapped in a relationship with an abuser.  I’m to the point where I can’t watch her segments.  It’s not ok. And that’s such an understatement.  

• Love 8
17 hours ago, jnymph said:

And I am not a body shamer by any stretch but Tiffany is ballooning waaaaay up, she’s huge ! I mean unhealthily so. 

Well, I think you are a body shamer, and you shouldn't be ashamed of it.  Some things are just facts.

14 hours ago, Meowwww said:

[Angela] reminds me so much of my ex. Screaming over the other persons words, abusive language, drama, blaming.  It’s not good tv when I have ptsd from that traumatic relationship and it’s triggered by her. 

Trust me--it's not good TV to a person who doesn't have PTSD from a traumatic relationship, either.  So that pretty much covers all the bases; she should go and put us all out of our misery.

• Love 6
On 7/16/2021 at 10:13 AM, magemaud said:

I recently bought a mini bottle of Aperol, it’s disgusting and in no way tastes like any orange I have ever tasted. Nor does it taste like bitters, which are nice in beer or in ginger ale. It tastes bitter, period. If you want a lovely, easy, delicious aperitif, may I recommend getting a bottle of St. Germain, Luxardo Maraschino cherries, and soda water. 1 part St. Germain to 2-3 parts soda water, a cherry, and a teaspoon of cherry juice. It’s delicious, light, and tastes wonderful, it’s the anti-Aperol aperitif! If you want to amp that up, add 1 part of Prosecco or moscato to that!

• Useful 1
On 7/16/2021 at 1:20 PM, heatherchandler said:

I was hoping it would be sweet..  not thrilled with bitter.  Just from the look of it, I expected it to taste like orange tang.  

Moscato is not for me either!  I can see Tiffany liking that :)

The bitter is putting me off.  Yes I have friends who love it so much, I figured it must be a crowd pleaser.

If you're looking for a nice sweet, tasty aperitif, try a Dubonnet! I used to like it over ice with a twist of lemon, and it would be delightful taller, with soda. 

Late to the party with this but wanted to throw it in.

On 7/16/2021 at 1:23 PM, Hotel Snarker said:

YES! THIS! Over and over its "Yara knew what she was getting into!". Well, so did Jovi. He shouldn't get a pass. And Yara is the one who's making all the adjustments. She's moved to another country. She's a new mother on her own. She's making new relationships with Jovi's family. Jovi gets to come home after two or three months on site and pop a beer, just like he always has. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

If you're looking for a nice sweet, tasty aperitif, try a Dubonnet! I used to like it over ice with a twist of lemon, and it would be delightful taller, with soda. 

Sounds delicious - I will try this!  Thanks!

• Love 1
On 7/18/2021 at 11:28 PM, gingerella said:

I recently bought a mini bottle of Aperol, it’s disgusting and in no way tastes like any orange I have ever tasted. Nor does it taste like bitters, which are nice in beer or in ginger ale. It tastes bitter, period. If you want a lovely, easy, delicious aperitif, may I recommend getting a bottle of St. Germain, Luxardo Maraschino cherries, and soda water. 1 part St. Germain to 2-3 parts soda water, a cherry, and a teaspoon of cherry juice. It’s delicious, light, and tastes wonderful, it’s the anti-Aperol aperitif! If you want to amp that up, add 1 part of Prosecco or moscato to that!

This is off topic, but I need to share how sheltered I am:  I know none of these items mentioned except for soda water and cherries.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

This is off topic, but I need to share how sheltered I am:  I know none of these items mentioned except for soda water and cherries.

Same, a friend clued me in!

And yeah, Yara is batshit cray, Jovi is still the same dude. She sounds like a nightmare, but he's no prize either.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, gingerella said:

Same, a friend clued me in!

And yeah, Yara is batshit cray, Jovi is still the same dude. She sounds like a nightmare, but he's no prize either.

They both should have thought things out before getting pregnant a second time with Mylla Vox.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

They both should have thought things out before getting pregnant a second time with Mylla Vox.

A second time?  What did I miss??