Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

As there’s no 2021 team thread yet: just saw little snippets of the DCC at the F1 grand prix in Austin. Last bit was them getting up and marching off. All I’m thinking is: “Did they really let them do a jumpsplit out on the tarmac?? Are they mad??” I didn’t see the actual jump split, just them getting up, so I’m assuming they did it…..

ps Gina looked great! No skeletal appearance!

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, LilyD said:

As there’s no 2021 team thread yet: just saw little snippets of the DCC at the F1 grand prix in Austin. Last bit was them getting up and marching off. All I’m thinking is: “Did they really let them do a jumpsplit out on the tarmac?? Are they mad??” I didn’t see the actual jump split, just them getting up, so I’m assuming they did it…..

ps Gina looked great! No skeletal appearance!

I'm watching and haven't seen them on the UK coverage yet! My two fave things colliding: F1 and DCC! Isn't it really hot there too? I hope they put some form of flooring down on the grid for their routine.

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

I'm watching and haven't seen them on the UK coverage yet! My two fave things colliding: F1 and DCC! Isn't it really hot there too? I hope they put some form of flooring down on the grid for their routine.

I saw a video and it looks like they did a jump split on the grid! 

Saw another photo and looks like only 17 were there when show group is 18. Someone said Marissa wasn’t there 

Edited by MegzClarkie
Spelling
  • Useful 1
3 minutes ago, MegzClarkie said:

I saw a video and it looks like they did a jump split on the grid! 

Sae another photo and looks like only 17 were there when show group is 18. Someone said Marissa wasn’t there 

Do you know where the photo is posted at ? I would like to see it 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Do you know where the photo is posted at ? I would like to see it 

It was on a fb group and the comment says Marrisa is not there, no idea how they know that but just reporting what has been said! 

610DE462-3CE6-4D5E-BA51-663BB380712B.jpeg

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, MegzClarkie said:

It was on a fb group and the comment says Marrisa is not there, no idea how they know that but just reporting what has been said! 

610DE462-3CE6-4D5E-BA51-663BB380712B.jpeg

Although I can see a short hair blonde so maybe she is there! I have seen Ashlee there but maybe she didn’t perform because of her injury! 

Although I can see a short hair blonde so maybe she is there! I have seen Ashlee there but maybe she didn’t perform because of her injury! 

I heard from a pretty reliable source that one of the second GL was not there.  Not posting this a truth, just as an observation 

• Love 9
Just now, Christineelgene said:

I heard from a pretty reliable source that one of the second GL was not there.  Not posting this a truth, just as an observation 

You are a star with this info! Erin is a 2GL but she is not show group anymore- So do you mean that Jayln, Amber or Ashlee are not there or can you not say? 

• Love 3

You are a star with this info! Erin is a 2GL but she is not show group anymore- So do you mean that Jayln, Amber or Ashlee are not there or can you not say? 

Edited by Holly85
Nevermind that was Caroline I saw
1 hour ago, DCC-UK said:

I only saw them perform just before the start. And yeah, no proper flooring. My husband also pointed out that a jump split must have been pretty damaging to the white boots. That’s of course totally irrelevant when thinking about the damage it could do to the body. (Still a waste of the boots though)

Unfortunately, this performance shows how unimportant the DCC are in the big scheme of the Dallas Cowboys. There’s no way they would let a footballer practice on an inferior field, let alone do a move on the grid for fear of injuries!

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, LilyD said:

I only saw them perform just before the start. And yeah, no proper flooring. My husband also pointed out that a jump split must have been pretty damaging to the white boots. That’s of course totally irrelevant when thinking about the damage it could do to the body. (Still a waste of the boots though)

Unfortunately, this performance shows how unimportant the DCC are in the big scheme of the Dallas Cowboys. There’s no way they would let a footballer practice on an inferior field, let alone do a move on the grid for fear of injuries!

You would think since formula 1 requests them every year they would put something down for them 

• Love 8
7 hours ago, allitator said:

I would imagine that it is in fact “harder than it looks”, but I also refuse to accept that “five yards in four counts” is a complicated notion. Like… there are yard-lines.  You don’t need to break out the ole graphing calculator.

They can't look down at the yard line during the entrance and they also can't look to the side to make sure that they're in line with the next dancer. So, they're relying on peripheral vision and an instinctual idea of the spacing to do the entrance.

I think it's the precision of being perfectly in line with the rest of the dancers that makes it hard. Travelling doesn't seem that hard for most TCC since it seems like they usually slightly overshoot the 5 yard line on the 4 count. 

• Love 6

My Favorite Rookies by Season (based on what we saw in the show)

2 Hour Special: Jen Hill 

Season 1: Dulce Rosales

Season 2: Michelle Mozek (Her interview always cracks me up!)

Season 3: Kelsi Reich

Season 4: Ashton Torres

Season 5: SASHA AGENT!!! (One of my all-time faves.)

Season 6: Mackenzie Weeks

Season 7: Jacie Scott

Season 8: No favorite rookie. LOVE Jackie Bob and Mia is STILL fire!

Season 9: Melissa Wallace

Season 10: Megan (Carcioppolo) Hurley

Season 11: Cersten Bradley

Season 12: Keyra Ford

Season 13: QUEEN ASHLEE FORD!!! (Current fave on the team.)

Season 14: Kat Puryear (She grew on me tremendously.)

Season 15: Armani Latimer (I didn't form the usual attachments with them, but I rooted for her the most and connected with her story the most.)

Season 16: Still deciding, but I hope that Cailey and Ashley return strong enough to make the team next year if they decide to return.

Thanks for the inspo, @BlueBear2008!

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
15 hours ago, Jcamille said:

A couple of questions:

1) Did they cut out the interview section of the selection process? I loved that part. 

2) Did they cut out media training? That was also a favorite of mine.

3) What happened to etiquette training? Is it gone, too?

4) When do Marissa, Alora-Rose and Lisa leave or get cut? They were all 3 still in this most recent episode.

5) Given that there are no on-camera mentions of weight this year, do they still have daily weigh-ins and put people on weight-warnings? Kelly used to be so obsessed with weight and I think I remember it being in their contracts. There are at least 4 Veterans who look heavier than the usual weights that they allow the cheerleaders to be.

Thanks to everyone who told me that Marissa doesn't get cut. So, when does Alora-Rose and Lisa leave or get cut? And what about the weight issues I asked about above?

1 minute ago, Jcamille said:

Thanks to everyone who told me that Marissa doesn't get cut. So, when does Alora-Rose and Lisa leave or get cut? And what about the weight issues I asked about above?

After show group auditions alora leaves and Lisa leaves due to her injury !! And if they do address weight it’s probably done privately 

1 hour ago, MegzClarkie said:

Amber was there so it’s either Ashlee or jayln that didn’t go 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

I saw the breaking news of this last night on Twitter. I really hope it's not true. I wonder if, had this news come out before the episode with him as a guest choreographer aired, would they have canceled showing the episode?

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, Bellisima08 said:

I saw the breaking news of this last night on Twitter. I really hope it's not true. I wonder if, had this news come out before the episode with him as a guest choreographer aired, would they have canceled showing the episode?

I bet they would've.  Innocent until proven guilty doesn't apply in cancel culture so the DCC and CMT would've had to play it safe no matter how much they like him.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Holly85 said:

After show group auditions alora leaves and Lisa leaves due to her injury !! And if they do address weight it’s probably done privately 

Amber was there so it’s either Ashlee or jayln that didn’t go 

Ashlee posted that she was there and Jalyn was tagged in a picture there 

The only show group member who I haven't seen in pics or who hasn't posted herself is Darian

Edited by HitItHarder..BAM
Rachel W and KayDianna were there
36 minutes ago, HitItHarder..BAM said:

Ashlee posted that she was there and Jalyn was tagged in a picture there 

The only show group member who I haven't seen in pics or who hasn't posted herself is Darian

Darian posted being their 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Bellisima08 said:

I don’t think they would have, and I don’t know that the average viewer would have come across the headline as quickly as this group. The second article quoted had the incident happening in 2008 when Travis was 20 and the alleged victim was 16. They were coworkers and it sounds like there was a power imbalance.  It’s an icky enough age difference because there are huge leaps in maturity in those ages, but probably not icky enough for many. 

Maybe as a woman I’ve just been harassed/groped/whatever so many times that it doesn’t register anymore (and how horrible is that) but I was surprised there wasn’t a larger pileup of accusations in the article. Maybe they’re hoping if one comes forward, more will. I assume it has to be significant for a suspension, so likely more to the story than released. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Holly85 said:

I think they all went Darian posted being there 

They were all there! 

59832EAB-73AB-4CE6-A23B-A0519F8FBA9D.jpeg

More performance pictures- got these from insta so sorry for the quality!

E827FA9D-6B75-49B0-9F7C-F7FE71DDA0BC.jpeg

650AEDB6-6347-4B3C-9172-587CC07C304C.jpeg

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Bellisima08 said:

Sadly, I suspect whether the accusations prove to be true or totally unfounded, that to "protect the brand" TPTB will cut any future links with him anyway.

6 hours ago, kalibean said:

I don’t think they would have, and I don’t know that the average viewer would have come across the headline as quickly as this group. The second article quoted had the incident happening in 2008 when Travis was 20 and the alleged victim was 16. They were coworkers and it sounds like there was a power imbalance. 

This is from the Star article, which makes it sound like it's a lot more than Travis & the one allegation. They may be focusing on Travis because he's the most well known & Myles was willing to go public with his accusations?

A Star investigation found allegations of widespread sexual harassment and predatory behaviour by Break the Floor coaches over their younger students, where dancers say their complaints of inappropriate conduct have been dismissed by the company’s owner, letting the problem fester for years.

Eight former staff and students allege BTF employees, famous in the dance world, initiated sexual conversations, propositioned them for sex, sent them nude photos, sexually harassed them at work or engaged in sexual relationships

• Love 3
2 hours ago, MegzClarkie said:

They were all there! 

59832EAB-73AB-4CE6-A23B-A0519F8FBA9D.jpeg

More performance pictures- got these from insta so sorry for the quality!

E827FA9D-6B75-49B0-9F7C-F7FE71DDA0BC.jpeg

650AEDB6-6347-4B3C-9172-587CC07C304C.jpeg

I count 18 girls (first photo). It was suggested there were only 17 and discussion has to who was missing but I think they were all there.

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, PomPomPom said:

I count 18 girls (first photo). It was suggested there were only 17 and discussion has to who was missing but I think they were all there.

Yes I posted the first photo (the overhead one) which only shows 17 girls performing but they were all there 

• Love 1
On 10/23/2021 at 6:27 AM, Kamal said:

So everyone loves Bridget. She was a star. She would've been point if she had stayed.

What was the main reason she retired ? (Of course the reason isn't just one but a combination of reasons but I'm curious. )

Age? Work? injury? family? Love life? 

videos of Bridget on fire from reddit.

My FAVE all-time DCC in Motion!!! 

• Love 4

16 hours ago, Bellisima08 said:

I could see Kelli coming in with the dramatic pre-interview she does before choreographers come saying something about current allegations hahaha

Stay tuned for similar stories coming from other dance companies. This is so not new in the dance/entertainment world. The Casting Couch has been a thing since women began performing...and before that when men were playing all the parts. 

50 minutes ago, MegzClarkie said:

Another performance photo

E1831B07-3A60-41A7-9AA4-CB63952C13AA.jpeg

I was going to post this when I read one poster asking if they did the jump split.

this freaks me out so much. That’s going to cause so much damage to them, tendons etc doing that split onto the race surface, there’s no give, nothing to absorb impact like turf does. They have girls blow out their knees and when you see this is blatant why. A simple roll out surface should’ve been put out to protect them. 

• Love 15
On 10/22/2021 at 10:30 PM, lexie3248 said:

I have a feeling it’s almost encouraged by the producers to try to beg for another chance. Or just the girls seeing how it’s changed Kelli’s mind in the past and it might work for them.

If a producer told me to do this I would 100% say no. How many times has Kelli truly reversed her decision over a lady talking about how much she wants to stay? I know it has happened on the seldom occasion but they’re usually cut a week or two later anyway (like Kristin her first year in TC).

I’m a fan of Kylie but the ‘please just let me audition for show group’ was so uncomfortable. Wish they’d all go with ‘I understand, thank you so much for the opportunity and I look forward to trying again next year.’ 

Edited by evasworld123
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, DCC93 said:

Two new videos y'all! Holy YIKES at the spacing in the beginning LOL.

Gotta love that cameraman who gets so low and close. Is that Kat who is dancing right on his lens? What is he zooming on anyway.

• Love 2

Wow…that sixth lady (don’t know who?)in the jump split…going down so out of sync can cause serious damage and then landing on the tarmac of a racing grid…yikes!

I know that action photos enhance tiny mistakes and make them look huge, but this lady is in such a different position compared to the rest that she must have been off time wise which is a big thing in jump splits…..

1 hour ago, DCC93 said:

Two new videos y'all! Holy YIKES at the spacing in the beginning LOL.

I know it was only a 15-second video, but I’m soooo happy to see they’re not hiding the rookies as much this year. Happy to see Ashlinn in the uniform :). 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Lona said:

I know it was only a 15-second video, but I’m soooo happy to see they’re not hiding the rookies as much this year. Happy to see Ashlinn in the uniform :). 

The video of ashlinn was posted by north Richland hills parks and recreations not the organization 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

The video of ashlinn was posted by north Richland hills parks and recreations not the organization 

Why am I not surprised? 

Aaaannnnnddd that’s what I get for giving TPTB even an a ounce of credit 😂

• LOL 8
On 10/25/2021 at 1:36 PM, MegzClarkie said:

Oh my God! I already wince every time they do the jump split on the field, but doing it asphalt?! Who the hell thought that was a good idea? I wouldn't be surprised if any of them had big bruises and abrasions from landing in the split on that surface. Why didn't they get one of those temporary dance floors? Also someone in the middle doesn't look like they have full extension of their split in the air.

Edited by Bellisima08
  • Love 6
25 minutes ago, Bellisima08 said:

Oh my God! I already wince every time they do the jump split on the field, but doing it asphalt?! Who the hell thought that was a good idea? I would be surprised if any of them had big bruises and abrasions from landing in the split on that surface. Why didn't they get one of those temporary dance floors? Also someone in the middle doesn't look like they have full extension of their split in the air.

This was a formula 1 event maybe they didn’t want to spend the money on one and the man power to put it down and pull it up 

• LOL 1
On 10/24/2021 at 8:02 AM, Jcamille said:

A couple of questions:

1) Did they cut out the interview section of the selection process? I loved that part. 

2) Did they cut out media training? That was also a favorite of mine.

3) What happened to etiquette training? Is it gone, too?

4) When do Marissa, Alora-Rose and Lisa leave or get cut? They were all 3 still in this most recent episode.

5) Given that there are no on-camera mentions of weight this year, do they still have daily weigh-ins and put people on weight-warnings? Kelly used to be so obsessed with weight and I think I remember it being in their contracts. There are at least 4 Veterans who look heavier than the usual weights that they allow the cheerleaders to be.

Yea Im bummed that there was no showing of prelims. I wanted to see comeback girls. Naming no names KELSEY LOWRANCE. As much as I hate hate HATE sob stories I know they SELL. Kind of felt a little weird there wasn't some sob story this year because of no prelims shown this year. Even previous years when they mashed prelims, semis and finals into a half hour show you still managed to hear at least one every year

Even more bummed there hasn't been anything showing of retiring vets in the show yet. Im hoping they would show that somewhere down the line (but I don't think there would be).

8 hours ago, MegzClarkie said:

Someone tell me who is 6th from the left and second from the right? Can't tell who they are, because unless I'm blind that is bad kick. But then so is the one 4th from the right her kick is at an angle from the kick of her other leg or is that me seeing things? 

2 hours ago, Bellisima08 said:

Oh my God! I already wince every time they do the jump split on the field, but doing it asphalt?! Who the hell thought that was a good idea? I would be surprised if any of them had big bruises and abrasions from landing in the split on that surface. Why didn't they get one of those temporary dance floors? Also someone in the middle doesn't look like they have full extension of their split in the air.

Well I agree but even then I look at it and think but DCC could and COULD have brought some mats from their facilities? Surely DCC had some in their facilities? If not surely they had them in Cowboys Fit and could've borrowed from Cowboys Fit. Its like they KNOW where they are going and what would be there and should've checked the surface and had some brought it. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Uk-Eve said:

Yea Im bummed that there was no showing of prelims. I wanted to see comeback girls. Naming no names KELSEY LOWRANCE. As much as I hate hate HATE sob stories I know they SELL. Kind of felt a little weird there wasn't some sob story this year because of no prelims shown this year. Even previous years when they mashed prelims, semis and finals into a half hour show you still managed to hear at least one every year

Even more bummed there hasn't been anything showing of retiring vets in the show yet. Im hoping they would show that somewhere down the line (but I don't think there would be).

Someone tell me who is 6th from the left and second from the right? Can't tell who they are, because unless I'm blind that is bad kick. But then so is the one 4th from the right her kick is at an angle from the kick of her other leg or is that me seeing things? 

Well I agree but even then I look at it and think but DCC could and COULD have brought some mats from their facilities? Surely DCC had some in their facilities? If not surely they had them in Cowboys Fit and could've borrowed from Cowboys Fit. Its like they KNOW where they are going and what would be there and should've checked the surface and had some brought it. 

6th from the left is Caroline 2nd from the right looks to be Lexie 

• LOL 1
4 hours ago, Holly85 said:

This was a formula 1 event maybe they didn’t want to spend the money on one and the man power to put it down and pull it up 

Oh that organization has the money and handlers for that, I have worked with them before... loaded and well-organized

• Useful 1
  • Love 4