Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Uk-Eve

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Tulip86 said:

Oh that organization has the money and handlers for that, I have worked with them before... loaded and well-organized

Ok 

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

18 minutes ago, Tulip86 said:

Oh that organization has the money and handlers for that, I have worked with them before... loaded and well-organized

Not big in the US but literally the most prestigious racing event in the world..  they have the money to do anything. 

  • Like 7
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/24/2021 at 3:27 PM, Holly85 said:

You would think since formula 1 requests them every year they would put something down for them 

This is the first time F1 racing has come to the US so it's the first time for anything concerning the race. Next year it goes to Miami so that might be the only time the DCC goes to F1 racing.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, patti0855 said:

This is the first time F1 racing has come to the US so it's the first time for anything concerning the race. Next year it goes to Miami so that might be the only time the DCC goes to F1 racing.

They went to formula one In 2018 and 2019 in Austin 

Edited by Holly85
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, patti0855 said:

This is the first time F1 racing has come to the US so it's the first time for anything concerning the race. Next year it goes to Miami so that might be the only time the DCC goes to F1 racing.

They've held a race on and off there since 1908 but Austin's been the home of the USA GP since 2012. I mostly know this because our Brit, Lewis Hamilton, loves it there and usually wins (not this year though!).

It will also be in Austin next year (October), Miami (May) is an additonal GP so maybe we'll see MDC as well as the circuit will go around Hard Rock Stadium.

Edited by DCC-UK · Reason: Extra info
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

So y’all I think I might have figured out what the video was that Ava was doing on her tick tock !!

956F0590-979B-46B1-ACC3-FC1C182C8CA0.jpeg

Edited by Holly85
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, Holly85 said:

So y’all I think I might have figured out what the video was that Ava was doing on her tick tock !!

 

Well those girls I briefly watched make Marissa's carrot trick look like nothing.  Agree it's not appropriate.

Lots more things I could say but no one wants to hear it since I am way over 30 and don't have kids.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Bellisima08 said:

Oh my God! I already wince every time they do the jump split on the field, but doing it asphalt?! Who the hell thought that was a good idea? I would be surprised if any of them had big bruises and abrasions from landing in the split on that surface. Why didn't they get one of those temporary dance floors? Also someone in the middle doesn't look like they have full extension of their split in the air.

Or DCC Leadership just deciding no jump splits in this performance? They should prioritize the DCCs’ safety 

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Holly85 said:

So y’all I think I might have figured out what the video was that Ava was doing on her tick tock !!

956F0590-979B-46B1-ACC3-FC1C182C8CA0.jpeg

The Buss It trend was inappropriate of its self in the eyes of any employer, but flipping off the camera was not a part of the trend so that was on Ava for adding that herself

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

They really need an alternative ending in lieu of jump splits. I would support replacing it completely, but 100% it needs to be replaced for these types of “stages.”

Fan kick to splits, the marking jump they do in practice, etc. 

Edited by kalibean
  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, KatieLen said:

The Buss It trend was inappropriate of its self in the eyes of any employer, but flipping off the camera was not a part of the trend so that was on Ava for adding that herself

Honestly it doesn't even matter what she was doing. Any off- camera director would have been able to just deal with the situation swiftly and then moved on. Call her in. Go over the standards needed for the job. Warn her and move on - stop bringing it up with guest choreographers every week. OR tell her she's not a fit for the team this year and cut her because of it. Dragging this on and insinuating that she's a girl with "poor character" is ridiculous. She's 19. Teach, don't drag. And it's a bad look on Kelli who appears as if she doesn't know how to be a director anymore.

  • Like 20
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

On 10/24/2021 at 5:51 PM, HitItHarder..BAM said:

They can't look down at the yard line during the entrance and they also can't look to the side to make sure that they're in line with the next dancer. So, they're relying on peripheral vision and an instinctual idea of the spacing to do the entrance.

I think it's the precision of being perfectly in line with the rest of the dancers that makes it hard. Travelling doesn't seem that hard for most TCC since it seems like they usually slightly overshoot the 5 yard line on the 4 count. 

Correct, (and I love your username!) but I don’t see how that would be necessarily more difficult than the choreography in general, for a dancer that’s skilled enough to make the squad. 
 

Of course I can’t do any of it, so. 😂

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Told y’all CAroline has messed up her face. 
Kelee is like what they WANTED Kyra to be. I love Kelee btw. 
I feel like Jada looks taller in the kickline than just standing beside other girls. 

Also most technical and well spoken / and then there’s our girl Kat. I guess if well spoken means she can talk her way out of any dumbass comment then yes. I do think she’s so approachable and so pretty she earned her show group spot more than a lot of others they had on there. She keeps up dance wise now.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Tuxcat said:

Honestly it doesn't even matter what she was doing. Any off- camera director would have been able to just deal with the situation swiftly and then moved on. Call her in. Go over the standards needed for the job. Warn her and move on - stop bringing it up with guest choreographers every week. OR tell her she's not a fit for the team this year and cut her because of it. Dragging this on and insinuating that she's a girl with "poor character" is ridiculous. She's 19. Teach, don't drag. And it's a bad look on Kelli who appears as if she doesn't know how to be a director anymore.

Agree 100%.

I had to look up the Buss It challenge (I am old), and really it's not that bad. It looks like in the second part of the video, most participants glammed themselves up like strippers. So yeah, if Ava did that, and flipped off the camera, seems like it would not meet Kelli's supposed pristine DCC standards. But it is something as simple as "delete your  video" and move on. This is being dragged out for a TV show.  I don't agree that this greatly reflects on Ava's character, as teenagers do silly things, and tiktoc enables and captures that one stupid moment in time. Pretty sure a whole slew of DCC would have participated in things like this in the early 00s, but we didn't have smart phones, and instagram, and tiktoc capturing them being dumb. This is a drop in the bucket compared to Whitney's blackface IMO, and she stayed on the team and became point 🙄

Edited by StellaCL
  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Tuxcat said:

Honestly it doesn't even matter what she was doing. Any off- camera director would have been able to just deal with the situation swiftly and then moved on. Call her in. Go over the standards needed for the job. Warn her and move on - stop bringing it up with guest choreographers every week. OR tell her she's not a fit for the team this year and cut her because of it. Dragging this on and insinuating that she's a girl with "poor character" is ridiculous. She's 19. Teach, don't drag. And it's a bad look on Kelli who appears as if she doesn't know how to be a director anymore.

Who else did they ask besides Travis wall ? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

Who else did they ask besides Travis wall ? 

Creative license. If Kelli conveniently decided to ask Travis Wall (ON CAMERA) about Ava, presumably at least a week AFTER she had talked to Ava then I am only left to assume either: a) she was talking to everyone about it and we just didnt see it or b) she only talked to Travis ON CAMERA because she wanted to exploit the issue for television drama sake.

  • Like 7
  • Useful 4

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, PamPamPam said:

https://fb.watch/8TUBu7VyY_/

“The most technically trained.”  🤣

Caroline is unrecognizable. 

She desperately needs a new injector. Makes me sad, she should've done more research. I'm also curious about her diet... She doesn't seem to "glow" internally. Makes me wonder what these girls do on their weekends off.

Edited by DCC93
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/24/2021 at 5:51 PM, HitItHarder..BAM said:

They can't look down at the yard line during the entrance and they also can't look to the side to make sure that they're in line with the next dancer. So, they're relying on peripheral vision and an instinctual idea of the spacing to do the entrance.

I think it's the precision of being perfectly in line with the rest of the dancers that makes it hard. Travelling doesn't seem that hard for most TCC since it seems like they usually slightly overshoot the 5 yard line on the 4 count. 

Yeah, and I actually think the entrance is hard to learn, and that no one is faking it in their struggles. Now, I think it’s one of those things that once you have it, you have it, but I can easily believe that seasoned dancers would pick up on choreo faster than they would the field entrance.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Yeah, and I actually think the entrance is hard to learn, and that no one is faking it in their struggles. Now, I think it’s one of those things that once you have it, you have it, but I can easily believe that seasoned dancers would pick up on choreo faster than they would the field entrance.

As a retired experienced dancer, even in my prime, the whole go 5 yards in 4 counts would mess with my chi.

3 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Told y’all CAroline has messed up her face. 
Kelee is like what they WANTED Kyra to be. I love Kelee btw. 

Caroline looks fine to me in this video (but hey, we all have our take on these ladies).  But I 150% agree about Kelee.  She became a fav of mine at first sight.  Before I even saw her dance. She just keeps getting better.  Love when this happens.

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post

So I FINALLY watched the latest episode and leaving my thoughts before reading the rest of the comments and got 2 pages to catch up on 😂

- First off cannot wait for rookie makeovers! I’ve actually this episode and last had trouble to distinguish some of the blonde rookie candidates and only easily able to know who two are. Seriously we need variations in thE blonde tones - although I’ve had a very long day and could be that. 
- Ashley already has her edit lined up for her cut next week, I hope her and Jordann come back, I’d love for them both to make it. 
- okay so kick clinic - LOVED it and think it’s something that should’ve been brought in a long time ago. Or has it been already and it’s never been shown? Which also do we know why 3 vets were in the invitation only kick clinic? Were they there for moral support/help or did they also need help with kicks as I thought Chandi’s were fine already as she has proper experience doing the original kickline? 
- (EDIT) when does Alora-Rose get pulled into the office?! We saw that preview episodes ago and it’s not aired yet (obvs as she was assisting rookies this ep)

now off to read the pages I’ve not yet read 😂

Edited by Manc.UK.DCCfan · Reason: Edited to add about AR
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/25/2021 at 11:58 AM, CrazyMoon said:

Stay tuned for similar stories coming from other dance companies. This is so not new in the dance/entertainment world. The Casting Couch has been a thing since women began performing...and before that when men were playing all the parts. 

 

This, this, so much this! 
This information was out there, but finding proof and people to talk isn’t always easy. 
I hope this helps more of his victims come forward. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

5 hours ago, StellaCL said:

Agree 100%.

I had to look up the Buss It challenge (I am old), and really it's not that bad. It looks like in the second part of the video, most participants glammed themselves up like strippers. So yeah, if Ava did that, and flipped off the camera, seems like it would not meet Kelli's supposed pristine DCC standards. But it is something as simple as "delete your  video" and move on. This is being dragged out for a TV show.  I don't agree that this greatly reflects on Ava's character, as teenagers do silly things, and tiktoc enables and captures that one stupid moment in time. Pretty sure a whole slew of DCC would have participated in things like this in the early 00s, but we didn't have smart phones, and instagram, and tiktoc capturing them being dumb. This is a drop in the bucket compared to Whitney's blackface IMO, and she stayed on the team and became point 🙄

 

4 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Creative license. If Kelli conveniently decided to ask Travis Wall (ON CAMERA) about Ava, presumably at least a week AFTER she had talked to Ava then I am only left to assume either: a) she was talking to everyone about it and we just didnt see it or b) she only talked to Travis ON CAMERA because she wanted to exploit the issue for television drama sake.

I think the handling of the video situation is being over-scrutinized/analyzed (but then there's not much else to focus on this season 😊).

Kelli knows what she wants & how she is going to handle it. Of course, asking Travis about it was strictly for the tv show (as are many other things). They have to fill up their time with something, and this was one of their attempts (a poor one) to be relevent with Travis.

From what we've seen/heard (I haven't seen the episodes), she talks to Ava, Ava presumably deletes the video and, at this point, is still there (right?). She gets cut at some point. The video may play a small part in the overall decision, but I don't think it's the sole (or even main) reason.

I don't think Kelli was trying to imply she has a bad character, but is this a one-off bad judgment or is there going to be more of this type of stuff in the future? Instead of character (or "nasty girl" I think was the quote?), she should have talked about maturity levels.

Others have mentioned that she seems very immature, and, like it or not, that is a legitimate reason to cut someone when you have the brand to think about. If there are others who are more mature and can do the job, I would go with them over immaturity as well. Let her grow up a little and come back in a year or two.

Yes, dragging out the video situation by asking Travis about it was stupid, but it was all for the show.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, DCC93 said:

She desperately needs a new injector. Makes me sad, she should've done more research. I'm also curious about her diet... She doesn't seem to "glow" internally. Makes me wonder what these girls do on their weekends off.

Ummmm Caroline, why??? She always leaned toward older soccer mom look but very pretty now she really looks like an old soccer mom with bad facial work. It's soooo sad because how old is she?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

If you were in marching band, we learned 8 to 5 so those girls would have to unlearn that.

someone asked who else was asked about the girls. I know the Crusilla or whatever her name was asked as someone who was cut was shown her photo with Kelli noting she gave her a vote but didn’t see that she received any other ones.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

girl I'm sure you're very pretty but nobody will see that as long as you have those ugly heavy large lashes. Please take them off....

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, Kamal said:

girl I'm sure you're very pretty but nobody will see that as long as you have those ugly heavy large lashes. Please take them off....

 

How is this not a lash 911? Kelli made the BIGGEST deal over Alexandria's eyelashes (Former Pats cheerleader & brief DCC!) Do tptb not audit these videos? I can't get past the caterpillars taking over her face... 

  • Like 9
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, TB12 said:

How is this not a lash 911? Kelli made the BIGGEST deal over Alexandria's eyelashes (Former Pats cheerleader & brief DCC!) Do tptb not audit these videos? I can't get past the caterpillars taking over her face... 

Lash 911 😂😂😂 I like the idea of Kelli and Marshall racing over to Kristen’s home with one of those old-timey flashing lights on top of their car to rip those things off her eyelids.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 15

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Kamal said:

girl I'm sure you're very pretty but nobody will see that as long as you have those ugly heavy large lashes. Please take them off....

 

I'm traumatized.

 

  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, TB12 said:

How is this not a lash 911? Kelli made the BIGGEST deal over Alexandria's eyelashes (Former Pats cheerleader & brief DCC!) Do tptb not audit these videos? I can't get past the caterpillars taking over her face... 

“Melt them off!!” 😂

 

Part of me wonders if some of this is because of COVID and girls maybe doing their own hair and makeup? 

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, allitator said:

“Melt them off!!” 😂

 

Part of me wonders if some of this is because of COVID and girls maybe doing their own hair and makeup? 

They do their own hair and make up for game days ect only time they get their hair and makeup done is for cameos 

Edited by Holly85
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, allitator said:

“Melt them off!!” 😂

 

Part of me wonders if some of this is because of COVID and girls maybe doing their own hair and makeup? 

Even doing their own hair and makeup, they have mirrors can she not see? Oh wait no she can't because her eyelids are so heavy...

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

someone asked who else was asked about the girls. I know the Crusilla or whatever her name was asked as someone who was cut was shown her photo with Kelli noting she gave her a vote but didn’t see that she received any other ones.

All the guests (choreographers, country singers, Billy Bob they pulled in off the corner 😂) get asked their opinion on the girls. The question was if anyone besides Travis was specifically asked about Ava's video (as the OP implied more then he had been asked about it). The OP said they used creative license & the assumption that if K asked one, it's likely she asked more (unless asking Travis was all for tv -- and we all know it was).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, ExtremeFajitas said:

Lash 911 😂😂😂 I like the idea of Kelli and Marshall racing over to Kristen’s home with one of those old-timey flashing lights on top of their car to rip those things off her eyelids.

Can they stop by Tori's also?  I think her eyes are the type that look partially closed without the heavy lashes but the heavy lashes make her eyes look tiny and closed.

4 minutes ago, Lynnbo said:

Former TCC Mel and former DCC Jenna in a Mavericks routine https://www.instagram.com/reel/CVfuv5nFRFr/?utm_medium=copy_link

i really like Mel and wish she had made the team.

Mel is good.  I didn't see whatever faults they saw.  The only problem that I saw was that she had a Marissa look, but that could've been changed.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, TB12 said:

Even doing their own hair and makeup, they have mirrors can she not see? Oh wait no she can't because her eyelids are so heavy...

I see people with those sharpie eyebrows, so yeah, they have mirrors and they think they look good!

They all look a bit rough about halfway through the first quarter of every game from all the dancing outside in the elements. But maybe that's what they're going for. Looks like they just had sweaty sex.

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/26/2021 at 11:09 AM, kalibean said:

They really need an alternative ending in lieu of jump splits. I would support replacing it completely, but 100% it needs to be replaced for these types of “stages.”

Fan kick to splits, the marking jump they do in practice, etc. 

I totally agree! I recall that they have changed up stuff before when there have been difficulties at the venues so they could substitute something else for the jump splits if they are at a place that either does not have a stable or appropriate surface available to ensure the safety of the cheerleaders. To me, taking the extra steps to bring in a safe surface versus risking 1 or more girls getting injured seems like something that shouldn't even be questioned, but I guess TPTB don't have that same level of critical thinking.

Edited by Bellisima08
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Lynnbo said:

Former TCC Mel and former DCC Jenna in a Mavericks routine https://www.instagram.com/reel/CVfuv5nFRFr/?utm_medium=copy_link

i really like Mel and wish she had made the team.

Jenna is perfect for the NBA style, but the blonde doesn't look good on her, IMO.  At least the dark hair looks better, anyway.

Mel is so cute.  Hope she tries out again for DCC.

4 minutes ago, Bellisima08 said:

I totally agree! I recall that they have changed up stuff before when there have been difficulties at the venues so they could substitute something else for the jump splits if they are at a place that either does not have a stable or appropriate surface available to ensure the safety of the cheerleaders. To me, taking the extra steps to bring in a safe surface versus risking 1 or more girls getting injured seems like something that shouldn't even be questioned, but I guess TPTB don't have that same level of critical thinking.

When they do the hockey games, they put a surface over the ice.  Seems like something that's easy enough to do.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

I am not sure where to ask this. Does it look like all the craziness about weight is gone this year ? I have many times felt they go over the top in past yes about..size, thickness, weight etc.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

10 minutes ago, nanagrey said:

I am not sure where to ask this. Does it look like all the craziness about weight is gone this year ? I have many times felt they go over the top in past yes about..size, thickness, weight etc.

I think so or it’s been talked abt in private 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/25/2021 at 9:36 AM, MegzClarkie said:

Another performance photo

E1831B07-3A60-41A7-9AA4-CB63952C13AA.jpeg

I bet KELLI just about had a stroke for how OFF they are on this jump split. Is that Alora-Rose in the middle who totally missed it?

 

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, Jcamille said:

I bet KELLI just about had a stroke for how OFF they are on this jump split. Is that Alora-Rose in the middle who totally missed it?

 

That's Caroline, Alora-Rose isn't on the team anymore. The blonde on the right who's off too is Lexie.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Jcamille said:

I bet KELLI just about had a stroke for how OFF they are on this jump split. Is that Alora-Rose in the middle who totally missed it?

 

It just looks so dangerous, too. I mean I’m sure jump splits hurt under the best of conditions, but she must have landed awkwardly. Plus, they’re always talking about when people are off it can hurt those next to them. I just hope everyone’s okay.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Kamal said:

Interesting of them to post a DCC in motion of a resigned vet.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVk_Fk3MyXs/

image.png.79ae500e68d3214052ea4e43b44768a0.png

Honestly, I will never understand their take on social media. First, this without addressing her reason for being an 'alum' now (i.e. she wasn't in the retirements post) and now they're deleting all of the cheerleaders' DCC profiles. What is the point?!

  • Like 9
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, DCC-UK said:

and now they're deleting all of the cheerleaders' DCC profiles. What is the point?!

This I really don't understand.

I know a lot of people wouldn't be fond of this idea but I thought the idea of recycling Instagram accounts (what the Denver Broncos Cheerleaders do) was a very good idea for marketing. All the new rookies can use the old account the retired vets had and start with already having followers. Better to have more followers even if they start off following the original vet who had the account.

 

But nooooo.

They choose to deactivate all of them.

How are the girls suppose to do their sponsored posts? 

What if they want to have their personal account private?

 

side note: I'm also sad of them deactivating their official accounts because now I can't DM them anymore. (I've only dm'ed a girl once though)

I don't want to dm their personal account because that's too creepy for me.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size