Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER

Uk-Eve

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Recommended Posts

On 10/22/2021 at 4:16 AM, Pau84 said:

Marissa Garrison, has willed her way into my favorites

*sigh* 

So I will say this. Marissa is not, and will probably never be, one of my "favorites," but I feel I (personally) really backed myself into a corner with this one. I've been a big advocate over the years for Gina Ligi, and that's mainly due to the dancing. I often defend her with the comment of "Well, sure, she's not for everyone but she's a great DANCER." To not at the very least admit that Marissa is one helluva a dancer would be hypocritical on my end.  Still not my model DCC, but make no mistake ... Marissa Garrison can DANCE. 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, Lona said:

Still not my model DCC, but make no mistake ... Marissa Garrison can DANCE. 

Yep.  Don't faint anyone but she finally won me over as well.  As long as she remains off the attention needy videos I'll continue liking her. 

Just don't ever consider me a "marauder".

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 7
  • Surprise 2

Share this post


Link to post

Why are they removing the Instagram accounts?  Is there a stalker?  Is there a legal reason?  This saddens me.  I wonder if Twitter remains active.

  • Like 2
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Kamal said:

This I really don't understand.

I know a lot of people wouldn't be fond of this idea but I thought the idea of recycling Instagram accounts (what the Denver Broncos Cheerleaders do) was a very good idea for marketing. All the new rookies can use the old account the retired vets had and start with already having followers. Better to have more followers even if they start off following the original vet who had the account.

 

But nooooo.

They choose to deactivate all of them.

How are the girls suppose to do their sponsored posts? 

What if they want to have their personal account private?

 

side note: I'm also sad of them deactivating their official accounts because now I can't DM them anymore. (I've only dm'ed a girl once though)

I don't want to dm their personal account because that's too creepy for me.

Completely agree with you, I thought part of it was for their safety so they didn’t have stalkers or creepy people on their IG and other than Amy (who shared point with Maddie) I only DM’d a couple of the girls for signed photos on their dcc account because their private account felt wrong and deserved to have that distance plus I’m assuming they got tonnes of messages a day (was a little gutted I didn’t get them or a response even though I’m an adult 😂)

17 minutes ago, Weeklydcc said:

Why are they removing the Instagram accounts?  Is there a stalker?  Is there a legal reason?  This saddens me.  I wonder if Twitter remains active.

Yes a lot of the girls have posted saying that from 4th November all accounts will be de-activated and to follow their personal accounts. Which for people like Rachel W who like to keep it private it isn’t fair.

or on the flip side - I follow some DCC accounts but not their personal because I don’t want to know everything about their personal life or see loads of sponsored ads I just wanted the DCC content for example - Tasha Cruz was stunning and a fave of mine and I’ve been so happy for her and that she’s expecting again but all her sponsored and Ad posts are really grating on me. I’m sick of IG being filled with so many ads. 

Edited by Manc.UK.DCCfan · Reason: Forgot a bit
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Weeklydcc said:

Why are they removing the Instagram accounts?  Is there a stalker?  Is there a legal reason?  This saddens me.  I wonder if Twitter remains active.

Wow! I'm surprised they are doing this considering how much TPTB use the Cheerleaders & their social media to promote the organization. Something must have happened. I know that Kelcey was getting harassed by someone, but I hadn't heard of anyone else having that issue.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Weeklydcc said:

Why are they removing the Instagram accounts?  Is there a stalker?  Is there a legal reason?  This saddens me.  I wonder if Twitter remains active.

I'm super curious as well. I'd be surprised if it was a safety issue that lead to the accounts being deactivated. I felt like the official accounts (which didn't include last names or a bunch of personal info) were a layer of protection between the cheerleaders and stalkers or other creeps.

 

I wonder if the accounts are being deactivated because of the lack of engagement compared to their personal accounts? 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

On 10/26/2021 at 9:53 PM, DCC93 said:

She desperately needs a new injector.

It took a while before I realised it was Caroline... Her face looks so round and puffy. If they had only shown her face, I would have sworn she gained at least 20 pounds, which obviously she didn't. Such a shame....

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

If it was a security issue you would think that they wouldn't want the ladies to advertise their personal accounts in lieu of professional ones.

Also...

In some cases - if these girls desire to be influencers (which many do nowadays) - the switch will really help them get more followers and engagement.

On the other hand...

the division between personal and DCC brand will be tricky to navigate. 

Will be interesting to follow the story and see where they're headed.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Kleine's glasses

I didn't like it at first but it has grown on me. Now I really like seeing her pulling it off and telling the world that people don't need to put on contact lenses to be pretty. (at least not while dancing)

 

I also loved Kleine's audition video. Lot's of facials when she dances and I LOVE that.  (although I feel some may hate the exaggeration)

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CVly0o7t57T/?utm_medium=copy_link&fbclid=IwAR1W_vMYuW8yl9zRZOMUnuKxHcFCsTL58hr2YHOiMEFN6kO8O946DnGGcM4

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Bellisima08 said:

Wow! I'm surprised they are doing this considering how much TPTB use the Cheerleaders & their social media to promote the organization. Something must have happened. I know that Kelcey was getting harassed by someone, but I hadn't heard of anyone else having that issue.

My initial thought was Marissa's boyfriend may have hacked or tried to hack her DCC account bc the timing of this is kind of coincidental. I have no inside info though and this is no dig at Marissa at all, she's the victim and can't control that douche...

  • Like 2
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, Kamal said:

Erin spoke too early on.  The DCC are really some gorgeous women.  Nice to know that Nov. 14 is the day of the 60 year halftime celebration.  700 former DCCs.  Wow.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

It was the Today Show Halloween episode and Savannah and Jenna dressed up as the DCC.  Apparently the costumes were made by the same woman who does them (she’s the one at the fittings but her name escapes me and they don’t say it in the article below). Also they learn a little choreography and even do a kick line with some show group members - I saw Gina, Caroline, Rachel, Ashlee and I believe Amber?
 

https://www.today.com/video/today-s-halloween-extravaganza-brings-football-fright-in-america-124901957989

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Christineelgene said:

  Video of DCC performance on the Today Show
 

 

Did the do this in Dallas or did Lexie amber Gina Ashlee Caroline fly to New York ? 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Holly85 said:

Did the do this in Dallas or did Lexie amber Gina Ashlee Caroline fly to New York ? 

They came to DFW to learn the routine and then the ladies flew to NYC Thursday.  It was a big secret, so no one posted about it.

1 hour ago, Stee said:

It was the Today Show Halloween episode and Savannah and Jenna dressed up as the DCC.  Apparently the costumes were made by the same woman who does them (she’s the one at the fittings but her name escapes me and they don’t say it in the article below). Also they learn a little choreography and even do a kick line with some show group members - I saw Gina, Caroline, Rachel, Ashlee and I believe Amber?
 

https://www.today.com/video/today-s-halloween-extravaganza-brings-football-fright-in-america-124901957989

Lisa Dobson is the seamstress for DCC.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Christineelgene said:

They came to DFW to learn the routine and then the ladies flew to NYC Thursday.  It was a big secret, so no one posted about it.

Lisa Dobson is the seamstress for DCC.

Loved it they did so good 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

17 hours ago, LilyD said:

It took a while before I realised it was Caroline... Her face looks so round and puffy. If they had only shown her face, I would have sworn she gained at least 20 pounds, which obviously she didn't. Such a shame....

For real though, why is her face so puffy? It looked really puffy in the Today Show clip, too.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Kamal said:

Yeah Kat's wig is TIRED for such a pretty girl why don't they have a wig intervention it's not doing her any favors. Also, Erin's eyebrows, i'll never understand microblading bc to me they look so fake and painted on and not in a good way...

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

There have always been issues with Kat's wigs. From day one, I found them to be ill-fitting and ugly. That's a shame because a good wig should fit and look as if it's just natural hair. You often see the lining or even a bit of the netting high on Kat's forehead.

More DCC's used wigs in the past, and with quite a few, I didn't have a clue until somebody pointed it out. That's the difference between a good, and a bad wig!

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

Unpopular opinion: Claire is amazing at contemporary/lyrical style dances but is average in power pom. Marissa is one of the best in power pom

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

5 hours ago, Christineelgene said:

  Video of DCC performance on the Today Show
 

 

We often discussed the length of the shorts. General consensus is that they should be slightly longer as they are a bit too diaper looking. But after watching this video.... I think we can safely say that the longer shorts worn by the women in the middle are... well...how do I put this nicely🤔 maybe not such a big success either???

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, LilyD said:

We often discussed the length of the shorts. General consensus is that they should be slightly longer as they are a bit too diaper looking. But after watching this video.... I think we can safely say that the longer shorts worn by the women in the middle are... well...how do I put this nicely🤔 maybe not such a big success either???

Hahahaha SAME thoughts I was like who is that and what are they wearing???

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, TB12 said:

Hahahaha SAME thoughts I was like who is that and what are they wearing???

I've been an anti-diaper commenter in the past as well. But these higher/ longer shorts are NOT it! LOL. And it's always funny to me that they stick with the shiny shirt fabric and whiter hose for costumes. I understand trademark / branding, but it seems so purposeful to make fake costumes sooo fake. Anyway, enjoyed the appearances and thought everyone involved did great.

2 hours ago, TB12 said:

Yeah Kat's wig is TIRED for such a pretty girl why don't they have a wig intervention it's not doing her any favors. Also, Erin's eyebrows, i'll never understand microblading bc to me they look so fake and painted on and not in a good way...

Agree on Kat. She is so beautiful but I don't understand why they can't help the wig out just a little more. Agree also on microblading. Hope that trend passes quickly.

1 hour ago, dccfan204 said:

Unpopular opinion: Claire is amazing at contemporary/lyrical style dances but is average in power pom. Marissa is one of the best in power pom

I think she's an all around talented dancer in many styles. In power pom she's great but she's not "the stand out" like she might be in other styles. I've always thought Marissa had fantastic pop. 

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, dccfan204 said:

Unpopular opinion: Claire is amazing at contemporary/lyrical style dances but is average in power pom. Marissa is one of the best in power pom

Yes, unpopular opinion.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Kamal said:

I hope someone will be at the game and record the half time presentation. As I understand it the plan is for all the Alumni that can to take part. I don't think that has been done since Texas Stadium. Should be a great show to celebrate 60 years.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, PomPomPom said:

hope someone will be at the game and record the half time presentation. As I understand it the plan is for all the Alumni that can to take part. I don't think that has been done since Texas Stadium. Should be a great show to celebrate 60 years.

I will be at that game. Looking forward to it. 60 years of DCC

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post

Just now, DCCnoname said:

I will be at that game. Looking forward to it. 60 years of DCC

Then my new friend, you have a mission!  You must take pix and pix and pix and update your PT pals!

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, dccfan204 said:

Unpopular opinion: Claire is amazing at contemporary/lyrical style dances but is average in power pom. Marissa is one of the best in power pom

I agree. It looks over the top and messy. Sometimes when they try and be too 'powerful' it isn't nice to watch. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, PomPomPom said:

I hope someone will be at the game and record the half time presentation. As I understand it the plan is for all the Alumni that can to take part. I don't think that has been done since Texas Stadium. Should be a great show to celebrate 60 years.

Any chance of seeing the Kalina’s???

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

I noticed Kitty's hair looks much better, but her cranky personality didn't change.  

Poor Ashley, she was so lost in a lot of the dances.   I had fun watching Kitty , and Melissa disagree.     

After all of the Show group selections, and the screaming, I'm surprised every piece of glass in the room didn't shatter from the decibels. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

On the "over time" segment they said that some of the show group judges "had veterans" - which I think means that some vets were on the chopping block in the "judges" eyes. Judy and Kelli did not list veterans as being at risk this year - Judy said "we get attached." 

I am assuming that means that there was a conscious and deliberate decision to NOT focus on cutting vets this year.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

On the "over time" segment they said that some of the show group judges "had veterans" - which I think means that some vets were on the chopping block in the "judges" eyes. Judy and Kelli did not list veterans as being at risk this year - Judy said "we get attached." 

I am assuming that means that there was a conscious and deliberate decision to NOT focus on cutting vets this year.

And so far it seems like training camp was more for the rookies then the vets with all these rookie only practices 

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, SMP637 said:

Kat is a great ambassador and her dancing has steeped up TREMENDOUSLY!  #TeamKat 

First, long-time lurker (like back to the TWOP days).  I’m #TeamKat all day but she looks “wiggy”.  It’s to the point of being distracting.  Ashlee and TCC Kelee as well. I get why the weaves/wigs but all could use hair help. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, WenD08 said:

First, long-time lurker (like back to the TWOP days).  I’m #TeamKat all day but she looks “wiggy”.  It’s to the point of being distracting.  Ashlee and TCC Kelee as well. I get why the weaves/wigs but all could use hair help. 

I thought they brought in an African American hair stylist especially to help with this.  Is it her or are they doing their own installs?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, SMP637 said:

Kat is a great ambassador and her dancing has steeped up TREMENDOUSLY!  #TeamKat 

I'm sorry. Her dancing HAS stepped up. But SG was, in my opinion, way too big of a "promotion." 

However, with that being said the decision has been made and I do wish her and the rest of Show Group congratulations. 

And no, I don't consider her a "great ambassador." And, darn, there I go again. Complaining about something that already happened ... 😂

Edited by Lona
  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, Weeklydcc said:

I thought they brought in an African American hair stylist especially to help with this.  Is it her or are they doing their own installs?

I remember Kat and Ashley posting on Instagram stories about making their wig. Is that a thig? They were at either of their houses.

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, BlueBear2008 said:

I have to know...did Erin choose not to re-audition for Show Group, or was she cut?

I would be interested to know that too but I suspect nobody but TPTB and Erin will know the answer. While they all do showgroup auditions it's not a compulsory activity and some can't do it because of time constraints/jobs. Erin's commitments may have changed making it difficult.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Kamal said:

I remember Kat and Ashley posting on Instagram stories about making their wig. Is that a thig? They were at either of their houses.

I have heard of people making their own wigs.  I think they're called "21 pieces" or something like that.  Also some people use a crochet method to make a wig.   Personally, I think they'd be better off purchasing the best wig they can afford or letting a professional do it for them. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, PomPomPom said:

I would be interested to know that too but I suspect nobody but TPTB and Erin will know the answer. While they all do showgroup auditions it's not a compulsory activity and some can't do it because of time constraints/jobs. Erin's commitments may have changed making it difficult.

Agree, plus she did make second group leader right after that...

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
57 minutes ago, BlueBear2008 said:

Agree, plus she did make second group leader right after that...

Yeah I wonder if she will get a talking head next week saying something along the lines “while I was disappointed to not make show group group, I am honored to be selected as a group leader and look forward to working with the rookies in reaching their full potential.” 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

There is an ethnic hair salon listed on the sponsor's page, besides the usual salon, Tangerine.  

I suspect Kat and others with wigs have them constructed by their favorite wig maker, but only have them styled by Tangerine or the other salon.    I think that finding a wig make you want to work with, and produces what you want isn't easy, so I don't think one featured wig salon would work.  

I was happy to see Kitty's hair wasn't the same ole style, with those awful highlight streaks.  

My guess is that since the favorite sponsor hair salon is shown so often, that many of the prospective TCC go in for a consultation, and maybe some work before they audition.   Marshall has already seen most of them before the makeovers, or going to watch practice, so the changes are minimal.   Marshal knows exactly what Kelli wants, so most of them already have a lot of what the makeovers used to do.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Weeklydcc said:

I have heard of people making their own wigs.  I think they're called "21 pieces" or something like that.  Also some people use a crochet method to make a wig.   Personally, I think they'd be better off purchasing the best wig they can afford or letting a professional do it for them. 

Why can’t DCC get a wig sponsor? They do it for everything else. How can they not know how raggedy Kat’s wig is? Although in fairness half of their makeovers aren’t so great either. Perhaps they need to open their eyes beyond Texas to see what looks good…

  • Like 7
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Unpopular opinion... I just wish they'd leave the wigs, weaves and extensions out and just have their natural hair and style.  I agree that they can seek out a professional opinion for a cut and style of their natural hair in the most flattering way, but honestly; Please let them choose their own style/color and wear in buns/ponytails however they want.  

2nd unpopular opinion.  Although the occasional use of a hair flip/whip is fine, the DCC way over use it. 

 

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size