Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

I am hoping the DCC organisation does not punish Marissa for this clear emotional abuse and controlling behaviour! The fact that she has a restraining order, which is not the easiest thing to get, means she is fearing for her safety because of his actions. As he has only provided screenshots of the messages that can so easily be faked and not a video recording of his phone so he can scroll or provide time stamps for these messages makes them unreliable 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, MegzClarkie said:

I am hoping the DCC organisation does not punish Marissa for this clear emotional abuse and controlling behaviour! The fact that she has a restraining order, which is not the easiest thing to get, means she is fearing for her safety because of his actions. As he has only provided screenshots of the messages that can so easily be faked and not a video recording of his phone so he can scroll or provide time stamps for these messages makes them unreliable 

I am 100 percent sure DCC will support Marissa with this.

Marissa could very well have been simply venting about things so the text messages dont necessarily have to be fake. The context is likely completely fake though. I mean who knows... she may have been planning to take on the problematic things within the organization in her later years. I have zero issue with that direction for her. We all know that there are issues with how NFL cheerleaders are treated.

What's terrible is him publicly trying to capitalize on private conversations in order to ruin her reputation within the DCC - when she's still employed. It's an obvious attempt to discredit her, ruin her, and make her life difficult. I'm so glad she got away from him.

ETA: I am constantly saying that I am writing a book about my MIL - lol 

Edited by Tuxcat
  • LOL 4
  • Love 16

Even if the text messages are real and to be fair, I believe they are, Marissa is rather naive to think she'd get paid for DCCMTT. The show is about the Cowboys organization. Vets only give sparing interviews, comment to camera and are rarely mic'd. 

People should report his TikTok by the way.

Edited by WoofDCC
  • Love 4
32 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

What's terrible is him publicly trying to capitalize on private conversations in order to ruin her reputation within the DCC - when she's still employed. It's an obvious attempt to discredit her, ruin her, and make her life difficult. I'm so glad she got away from him.

Well said! For a young women starting her professional dance career it must be awful! 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, evasworld123 said:

I feel for her. But I’m grateful she found this out about his character before marrying him. She has a bright future ahead. ❤️

BE746A60-9452-43F0-8ACC-50D0D6BADE37.jpeg

I was worried about him being like this.  Guys that move fast to marry (not all) a lot of the time turn out to be immature, abusive jerks. They engage in ‘love bombing,’ charming behavior until their true colors come out. They also love to find sweet natured people that they can take advantage of, that will forgive them repeatedly. Glad she is done with him. 

• Love 15
11 hours ago, Erinbridget said:

I'm really interested to see what her cut was about. I love her and think she's so cute, I hope she comes back next year

Same. I absolutely love Kylie

Edited by Lynnbo
  • Love 10

If you look closely at the TikTok supposed screenshot of Marissa and Tanner’s ‘conversation’ the cut off pic above the name ‘Marissa’ clearly has brown hair and isn’t a pic of her.  Think it’s faked. If so, she could sue for defamation of her character. But I’m on the same page as another poster, I wouldn’t blame anyone for writing about the organization.  I’m definitely in the camp of those girls making a lot of money for an organization that exploits them and doesn’t compensate them appropriately. 

Be a man, Tanner. Grow up. Move on. 

68531153-03E2-4878-82D5-D0BEF05C9306.jpeg

• Love 11

Nothing to discuss really. Tanner is exactly what he seems - dense, dumb, ignorant and a liar. Marissa doesn’t talk or text like that and Tanner showed his hand before they broke up when he started threatening her. Wouldn’t be surprised that if this doesn’t get him the attention he wants, he will try something else. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 18

When we were first introduced to them, so to speak, they both seemed immature and he seemed like a little shit. He’s still a shit, and if a restraining order is true, an abusive dick on top of it all.  Quite an achievement at his age…is he even 20 yet?  I don’t think their early engagement is necessarily an indicator of abusive control, tho, I think THAT was a knee jerk reaction to his cancer. At least I think it was cancer? 

The content of the conversation doesn’t really bug me, seemed like justified bitching that you’d do with a partner. And I’ve heard people joke that “they’ll put that in a book” before. I think I’ve said it too. I’m never writing an autobiography, but I’ve made the joke. That said, the text chain is prob not true, but if it was 🤷‍♀️

• Love 8

Interesting to read the comments on Reddit. It seems he may have taken advantage of a site to create fictitious conversation along with the appropriate date, time, carrier, & even power level! 
Yes a man who was scorned with a restraining order. Apparently he supposedly had cancer? Apparently also posted the conversation on her ticTock but it is down now.  He is a loose cannon.

Hope she is being supported by TPTB.

Edited by cherryblossom
More info
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, Christineelgene said:

You are much nicer than I.  He is an asshole who is trying to get back at a talented, mature young woman who deserves so much better.  

Ugh he is one bitter Betty... I never had a good feeling about him or some of the other girls' choices in sig others but I digress... 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, cherryblossom said:

Interesting to read the comments on Reddit. It seems he may have taken advantage of a site to create fictitious conversation along with the appropriate date, time, carrier, & even power level! 
Yes a man who was scorned with a restraining order. Apparently he supposedly had cancer? Apparently also posted the conversation on her ticTock but it is down now.  He is a loose cannon.

Hope she is being supported by TPTB.

TPTB are actively in her corner.

• Useful 1
  • Love 22

No way that text thread is legitimate. For any Chris Lilley fans, and I know there are some Aussies here, it reads like Ja’mie King creating a fake dialog or Pat Mullins and Terry with their audio recordings to deter intruders 😄

Marissa seems like a sweet girl and a great DCC. Better to go through these things when you’re young because it’s an opportunity to learn a lot about yourself and build strength of character. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, lemonbus230 said:

Nothing to discuss really. Tanner is exactly what he seems - dense, dumb, ignorant and a liar. Marissa doesn’t talk or text like that and Tanner showed his hand before they broke up when he started threatening her. Wouldn’t be surprised that if this doesn’t get him the attention he wants, he will try something else. 

Marissa, RUN FOR YOUR LIFE FROM THIS MAN

• Love 9
21 hours ago, WoofDCC said:

Did Judy fall and hit her head?

Normally I'm team Judy but she is hypocritical scolding Ava for flipping off the camera on social media when Judy herself posted a photo on IG of her granddaughter flipping off the camera!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvDdSg2Axbl/

Kelli's hashtag #shihtsugardoes has always bothered me. I know it's a play on words & the breed (shih tzu), but the meaning is clear and I never thought it was professional.

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Love 14

15 hours ago, lemonbus230 said:

Hopefully he doesn't have any compromising pictures of her. We all know how that's worked out for DCC's in the past. (Hesitant to even mention this -- don't want to give anyone any ideas!)

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Love 4
On 10/11/2021 at 1:20 PM, Love 2 C U Smile said:

Ehh… I definitely see her as a strong dancer but that’s all I would give her. I’m sure she’s a nice person if given the chance to meet her. 

Travis Wall would say differently! 🤣  hehehe just jokes just jokes

Edited by DCC93
19 hours ago, Lona said:

So, Marrisa dumped her unwashed looking boyfriend and for revenge, he's trying to ruin her DCC career? Yea that tracks with him. Tanner seems like the scummy type who would leak their intimate pictures online just to get back at her. That girl dodged a huge bullet by not marrying him. Poor thing, she's only 20. Hope she's doing ok. 

• Love 13
On 10/15/2021 at 9:42 AM, StellaCL said:

Putting Christina at the end point of a triangle seems odd. I wouldn't of hidden Lea in the back row, near the center. But maybe it has to do with height. 

I think in your second row it's KayDianna on the very left spot, and Tyra on the very right.  

KayDianna is right side and Tyra is left 

1 hour ago, DCC93 said:

Travis Wall would say differently! 🤣  hehehe just jokes just jokes

He did not say she was cute or attractive… he only spoke of her dancing… and obviously the leaderboard is showing us something that we are not seeing or hearing. Im sure the show does not want to speak negatively of anyone’s looks. Nice try tho! 😉 

• Love 1
22 hours ago, LilyD said:

Every year there seem to be one or two of the older vets that are hidden in the triangle or really far at the back.

The one person I always think of is Nicole Bulcher, group leader, yet somehow was always hidden in the triangle.

3 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

Kelli's hashtag #shihtsugardoes has always bothered me.

Yep! My Shih-Tzu mix does a lot of Shiht LOL, but I always side-eyed this considering how picky she is over everybody else's social media, seems more than a tad hypocritical.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, MeeMee2 said:

So, Marrisa dumped her unwashed looking boyfriend and for revenge, he's trying to ruin her DCC career? Yea that tracks with him. Tanner seems like the scummy type who would leak their intimate pictures online just to get back at her. That girl dodged a huge bullet by not marrying him. Poor thing, she's only 20. Hope she's doing ok. 

Right? If he ever wants her back...well....forget it now!

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, ByTor said:

The one person I always think of is Nicole Bulcher, group leader, yet somehow was always hidden in the triangle.

Yep! My Shih-Tzu mix does a lot of Shiht LOL, but I always side-eyed this considering how picky she is over everybody else's social media, seems more than a tad hypocritical.

I'm puzzled why you think there is a hidden meaning in it. She has a Shih Tzu and it's name is Sugar.

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, PomPomPom said:

I'm puzzled why you think there is a hidden meaning in it. She has a Shih Tzu and it's name is Sugar.

It's a play on the word "shit." I find it hard to believe Kelli wouldn't be critical; if a TCC did that.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Love 2 C U Smile said:

KayDianna is right side and Tyra is left 

He did not say she was cute or attractive… he only spoke of her dancing… and obviously the leaderboard is showing us something that we are not seeing or hearing. Im sure the show does not want to speak negatively of anyone’s looks. Nice try tho! 😉 

LOL no one mentioned anything about Lea's looks, we said she was a superstar, which she is, and Travis agrees with 🤣  pretty sure him going as far as saying he'd book her means he also thinks she's attractive. It goes hand in hand. K&J would never put someone in TC that isn't attractive or wouldn't look good in the uniform.

Reminder that we are all allowed to have our own opinions! I'm sure Lea is going to flourish and keep getting recognition and praise regardless of how any of us feel :) she'll show us she's a superstar and I'll be along for the ride!

Edited by DCC93
  • Love 8

I don’t get Christina at all. I understand that Kelli think she’s a good ambassador, but IMO her looks and her dance skills/power/showmanship are very average compared to what they typically look for. She would have been an easy cut for me. I really like Kylie and am surprised they cut her. I think she’s cuter and more fun to watch than several who made the team. I hope she comes back. 

Did Victoria choose not to audition this year, or was she told not to? 

Edited by blairwaldorf
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, blairwaldorf said:

I don’t get Christina at all. I understand that Kelli think she’s a good ambassador, but IMO her looks and her dance skills are very average. I think she will be a one and done. I really like Kylie and am surprised they cut her. I think she’s cuter and more fun to watch than several who made the team. I hope she comes back. 

Did Victoria choose not to audition this year, or was she told not to? 

If you look up the TCU dancers on YouTube last year and a couple of years before that, you can watch her dance a little more if you haven't! I think once she gets all the nerves out and gets more comfortable she's going to bloom, kinda like Jada. Her and KayDianna used to dance together at TCU so they're going through the journey together, meaning idk if she'll be a one and done! I also hope Kylie comes back, she seems super fun :)

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, DCC93 said:

LOL no one said anything about Lea being cute or attractive, we said she was a superstar, which she is, and Travis agrees with 🤣  pretty sure him going as far as saying he'd book her means he also thinks she's attractive. It goes hand in hand. K&J would never put someone in TC that isn't attractive or wouldn't look good in the uniform.

Reminder that we are all allowed to have our own opinions! I'm sure Lea is going to flourish and keep getting recognition and praise regardless of how any of us feel :) she'll show us she's a superstar and I'll be along for the ride!

I see nothing unattractive about her therefore to me she is attractive and a great dancer. What's not to like?

• Love 7
38 minutes ago, PomPomPom said:

I see nothing unattractive about her therefore to me she is attractive and a great dancer. What's not to like?

I personally think she's gorgeous! Her big green eyes and her little pixie nose... Adorable. I said the first part because the person who I replied to brought that in randomly when no one made a comment on her looks. Totally agree with you and I'm glad the guest choreographers are loving her and see her star power!

Edited by DCC93
  • Love 12
On 10/15/2021 at 7:37 PM, lexie3248 said:

F98C24C5-5EE6-4A70-A9CA-50FD0E44CEF7.thumb.jpeg.c5f83778050641ec55f351a741ba15fa.jpeg

I knew that would happen so here’s a screenshot.

Wow! First off, smart that you screenshot it! Second, the whole "just roll with it thing"? Seriously Judy?! She gets all judgemental on Ava & even tells Travis about it to get him judging her, but she asks people not to judge her or her daughter! And yeah, while the poor kid was probably in pain, that gesture was in no way appropriate & by taking a picture of her doing it, that sends the kid a message that it's somewhat acceptable that she's doing it. I mean I had moments of major discomfort at that age like when I sprained my ankle or had strep throat, but according to my mother I never knew about that gesture (the first time I recall seeing someone do it was probably when I was 12ish) so I certainly never flipped off the camera to illustrate my discomfort. Also this picture tells me that the kid is probably used to seeing this gesture since she's using it in a way that shows she understands the meaning of it & how to use it in the proper context so that makes me wonder who in her life is doing that gesture around her on a regular basis.

• Love 10
On 10/15/2021 at 7:00 PM, LilyD said:

Every year there seem to be one or two of the older vets that are hidden in the triangle or really far at the back. If they get outdanced, I can see why it’s done. But sometimes it simply doesn’t make sense why they’re there and not further upfront. Maybe its dance dynamics or the colour of their hair. I’m sure she has her reasons.

I’d like to compare the triangle to my classroom; most of the kids get allocated the place that works best for them. There’s a few you cannot get on the spots that would be best for them simply because you have to accommodate all and there are not enough perfect places. You have to make concessions. And yes…occasionally we get it wrong but you won’t know until you have tried it.

Just a thought, but for some of the more dependable vets that end up further back in the triangle could it be to help lead the rookies?

The rookies are always in the back couple of lines, but having dependable vets placed with them could help the rookies to feel more confident/look to the vets as a leader rather than potentially have 2 lines of floundering rookies come show time.

On 10/15/2021 at 7:26 PM, Love 2 C U Smile said:

FINALLY! A new Leaderboard

F8E73A78-0573-4CEE-8CEA-7B25BEB0F48E.jpeg

I'm still trying to figure out how/why Lea is so far down when I haven't seen of/heard of one negative thing being said about her. It's all been great and very positive, and while we rarely see her on the show i'm just confused. 

Edited by BunnyHop96
Rookies where I should have put vets
  • Useful 6
  • Love 8

I'm back after a few days off so I have lots of opinions to post abt now apparently lol. Since we've seen uniform fittings, I'm here to get y'alls opinions. I think the V-shorts are SO much more flattering (length AND waist line) than the current shorts (commonly compared by us to a diaper...). Thoughts??

Screen Shot 2021-10-16 at 9.47.13 PM.png

• Love 14
1 hour ago, DCC93 said:

I personally think she's gorgeous! Her big green eyes and her little pixie nose... Adorable. I said the first part because the person who I replied to brought that in randomly when no one made a comment on her looks. Totally agree with you and I'm glad the guest choreographers are loving her and see her star power!

She’s quickly become my favorite tcc. I LOVE the juxtaposition of her cute look and the sass she brings when she dances! She’s solid!

• Love 12
8 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

Hopefully he doesn't have any compromising pictures of her. We all know how that's worked out for DCC's in the past. (Hestitant to even mention this -- don't want to give anyone any ideas!)

This was my first thought...

• Love 1
1 hour ago, BunnyHop96 said:

I'm back after a few days off so I have lots of opinions to post abt now apparently lol. Since we've seen uniform fittings, I'm here to get y'alls opinions. I think the V-shorts are SO much more flattering (length AND waist line) than the current shorts (commonly compared by us to a diaper...). Thoughts??

Everybody seems to prefer the v-cut shorts, but I love the belt, especially the current western style buckle they have.  Maybe they can compromise  by making the shorts sit higher on the waist with the belt.

• Love 19
17 hours ago, Lynnbo said:
On 10/16/2021 at 6:53 AM, Erinbridget said:

I'm really interested to see what her cut was about. I love her and think she's so cute, I hope she comes back next year

Same. I absolutely love Kylie

Can we agree she is our favorite cut tcc and we want her back next year?

( Just kidding. I know we all have our opinions so there is no such thing as agreeing.

Well except for tanner....)

• Love 4
5 hours ago, PomPomPom said:

18 hours ago, Lynnbo said:

If you look closely at the TikTok supposed screenshot of Marissa and Tanner’s ‘conversation’ the cut off pic above the name ‘Marissa’ clearly has brown hair and isn’t a pic of her.  Think it’s faked. If so, she could sue for defamation of her character. But I’m on the same page as another poster, I wouldn’t blame anyone for writing about the organization.  I’m definitely in the camp of those girls making a lot of money for an organization that exploits them and doesn’t compensate them appropriately. 

Be a man, Tanner. Grow up. Move on. 

68531153-03E2-4878-82D5-D0BEF05C9306.jpeg

I like how someone supposedly  thinks one book about the DCC is going to make them filthy rich. 😁

I mean it would have to be an absolute blockbuster best seller (the likes of Harry Potter -- and that was a whole series) with someone buying the movie rights, etc. I just don't see enough people caring about the DCC for that to happen.

ETA: Not sure why it embedded the post I was trying to quote in one of Pompompom's posts. The mysteries of technology. 🤷‍♀️

Edited by hannahbanana
Noticed post I was tryining to quote was embedded in another post.
  • Love 4
42 minutes ago, Kamal said:

Can we agree she is our favorite cut tcc and we want her back next year?

( Just kidding. I know we all have our opinions so there is no such thing as agreeing.

Well except for tanner....)

Kylie seems like Lily 2.0. Pretty, good dancer, a little reserved, loved by her peers. Gets cut the first year near the end. Comes back the next year and makes the team, hooray! and then... oh wait.

3 hours ago, BunnyHop96 said:

I think the V-shorts are SO much more flattering (length AND waist line) than the current shorts (commonly compared by us to a diaper...). Thoughts??

More flattering perhaps but I dont like that the "V" points to the v.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, BunnyHop96 said:

I like both and prefer the v-cut. They just look so much more comfortable for dancing. The belted shorts, especially the ultra low-rise version of the 2010s, always look like they are one false move away from falling off. I’ve always wondered if they have to use fashion tape to keep the shorts and the dance tights in place. How do they stay up?? The one change I would make to the v-cut is to eliminate the center star. I never noticed this before but it looks like they don’t wear tights for cameos or the team photo.

• Love 6

I like the shorts they wear now and love their practice uniforms. 

Lea is my new favorite. I think she should let her hair grow longer though. She is adorable and incredible dancer. I also really liked Ava and hope she comes back. She's young and made a mistake with that video. I am so happy we didn't have cell phones...facebook or Instagram when I was her age. I was really stupid then. 

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Kylie seems like Lily 2.0. Pretty, good dancer, a little reserved, loved by her peers. Gets cut the first year near the end. Comes back the next year and makes the team, hooray! and then... oh wait.

More flattering perhaps but I dont like that the "V" points to the v.

Kylie? Reserved like Lily? I’m a little behind as I just watched the episode where they first called her to the office and she bounced in there and danced out. I could never imagine Lily doing that. But I do think it’s not translating to her dancing.  If she just lets go and enjoys herself like she seems to off the field, I think she will have no trouble making the team next year. 

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Bellisima08 said:

Wow! First off, smart that you screenshot it! Second, the whole "just roll with it thing"? Seriously Judy?! She gets all judgemental on Ava & even tells Travis about it to get him judging her, but she asks people not to judge her or her daughter! And yeah, while the poor kid was probably in pain, that gesture was in no way appropriate & by taking a picture of her doing it, that sends the kid a message that it's somewhat acceptable that she's doing it. I mean I had moments of major discomfort at that age like when I sprained my ankle or had strep throat, but according to my mother I never knew about that gesture (the first time I recall seeing someone do it was probably when I was 12ish) so I certainly never flipped off the camera to illustrate my discomfort. Also this picture tells me that the kid is probably used to seeing this gesture since she's using it in a way that shows she understands the meaning of it & how to use it in the proper context so that makes me wonder who in her life is doing that gesture around her on a regular basis.

Sorry Judy but this isn’t cute or funny, it’s just trashy. The hypocrisy is just mind blowing.

Edited by njcate
Edit
  • Useful 1
  • Love 16

It’s going to be really interesting to see exactly what leads to Ava’s cut. Maybe it’s her immaturity or her stamina, but Denise’s saying that Ava is “one of the best on the team” is incredibly high praise for someone that doesn’t make it. She and Lea both seem to be dancing circles around several of the veterans.

She also (to me) seemed legitimately contrite after the social media conversation. So unless she’s really a dingbat, I don’t think she would make that mistake again. 

Edited by allitator
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
39 minutes ago, njcate said:

Sorry Judy but this isn’t cute or funny, it’s just trashy. The hypocrisy is just mind blowing.

They’re a classy bunch, aren’t they? Cassie’s always been bougie though.

It makes you wonder what social media and acceptable behavior will look like in 12 years when the subject of the photo auditions 😉

• Love 8
1 hour ago, cherryblossom said:

Although the V-cut shorts may be more flattering but it’s like the treasure trail, pointing directly to the cash & prizes.  Not classy

The center star is too much flair - it reminds me of a pastie type of situation and I agree it draws the eye in an untoward way 😉 But I do like the Western style of the V. 

• Love 6