Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

17 hours ago, Lona said:

I'm sorry. Her dancing HAS stepped up. But SG was, in my opinion, way too big of a "promotion." 

However, with that being said the decision has been made and I do wish her and the rest of Show Group congratulations. 

And no, I don't consider her a "great ambassador." And, darn, there I go again. Complaining about something that already happened ... 😂

I feel your pain.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, LynneH said:

Unpopular opinion... I just wish they'd leave the wigs, weaves and extensions out and just have their natural hair and style.  I agree that they can seek out a professional opinion for a cut and style of their natural hair in the most flattering way, but honestly; Please let them choose their own style/color and wear in buns/ponytails however they want.  

2nd unpopular opinion.  Although the occasional use of a hair flip/whip is fine, the DCC way over use it. 

I agree.  That’s why I liked Ashley W.  Her look was fab but I know, the dancing. Didn’t the Miami Dolphins Cheerleaders go for the natural look?  Or just for photos?

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, WenD08 said:

I agree.  That’s why I liked Ashley W.  Her look was fab but I know, the dancing. Didn’t the Miami Dolphins Cheerleaders go for the natural look?  Or just for photos?

With Ashley looking at the squad photo online of each girls her hair was straight for those pictures but games she went for her natural hair most of the time here is a game day photo of her with straight hair so she did rock both 

6BA05795-DBB1-484A-AA94-05F03605452F.jpeg

Edited by Holly85
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

This week was Episode 7 and next week is Episode 8. 

Last year Season 15 it was only 8 episodes because of the Covid and they cut corners and did video auditions so there were not those initial first 2-3 episodes devoted solely to auditions at the AT&T stadium before picking the training squad.

The previous seasons 12, 13 and 14 were 13 episodes each and Season 11 was 8 episodes.

I would think with Episode 8 next week we should be closed to the final episode where they pick the squad.

• Useful 1
4 minutes ago, Namcot said:

This week was Episode 7 and next week is Episode 8. 

Last year Season 15 it was only 8 episodes because of the Covid and they cut corners and did video auditions so there were not those initial first 2-3 episodes devoted solely to auditions at the AT&T stadium before picking the training squad.

The previous seasons 12, 13 and 14 were 13 episodes each and Season 11 was 8 episodes.

I would think with Episode 8 next week we should be closed to the final episode where they pick the squad.

I’ve heard 10 !! Episode 9 is called you are wasting our time 

4C5D4635-E401-453A-BDC6-E28288429179.jpeg

Edited by Holly85
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Thank you.

Also in a couple of past season the episode where they they announce the squad was not the final episode.

In Season 7 for example they announced the new squad in Episode 8.

Then they had 3 more episodes: doing the swimsuit calendar in Mexico in Episode 9; preparing and practicing for the first pre-season home game in Episode 10; preparing and practicing for the first regular season home game and doing a halftime show in Episode 11.

Edited by Namcot
  • Love 4
Just now, Namcot said:

Thank you.

Also in a couple of past season the episode where they they announce the squad was not the final episode.

In Season 7 for example they announcee the new squad in Episode 8 and then had Episode 9, 10 and 11 afterward where they show them doing the swimsuit calendar in Mexico in Episode 9 and preparing for the first pre-season game in Episode 10 and then the first regular season game and so on in Episode 11.

I just added to my comment abt what episode 9 is called 

• LOL 1

Is that next week's episode? I think I know who is the veteran that quit. I won't spoil it but I think I know. If it's the same veteran I am thinking about. it was a shock to me.

If anyone here know who she is, don't say it!!

12 hours ago, Namcot said:

Is that next week's episode? I think I know who is the veteran that quit. I won't spoil it but I think I know. If it's the same veteran I am thinking about. it was a shock to me.

Edited by Holly85
  • LOL 2
7 hours ago, LynneH said:

Unpopular opinion... I just wish they'd leave the wigs, weaves and extensions out and just have their natural hair and style.  I agree that they can seek out a professional opinion for a cut and style of their natural hair in the most flattering way, but honestly; Please let them choose their own style/color and wear in buns/ponytails however they want.  

2nd unpopular opinion.  Although the occasional use of a hair flip/whip is fine, the DCC way over use it. 

I think wigs are Kat's choice though. I think she said she even has names for them.

• Love 9
On 10/30/2021 at 2:00 AM, Lona said:

Complaining about something that already happened ... 

I suppose it's better than complaining about something that didn't happen 😁

• LOL 1
20 hours ago, LynneH said:

Not s0 unpopular opinion at all. I would love to see all the girls with just their natural hair including their beloved Rachel W... 

Edited by TB12
Typo!
  • Love 8

Why would Kleine's then boyfriend propose to her at the Meet the Team event? I feel like Meet the Team should've been Kleine's and Kleine's alone. It seems some of these boyfriends almost propose hastily bc they realize their girlfriends are about to DCC blow up and they're trying to hang on to them. Not that he wouldn't have proposed but let her have her moment. If your relationship is so solid you should just be there celebrating her making the team not now making it about the two of you...

• Love 23
2 hours ago, Trixi said:

Don’t remember seeing this posted yet. Kleine got engaged! Sorry if it was already. 

7D8F55A6-9E08-4BD4-9C46-0BAC43684838.jpeg

WTF are they wearing? Lea I think is adorable, but that is a garbage bag from 1992. Brown sac makes me want to puke, green bath robe is ugh.

1 hour ago, TB12 said:

Not os unpopular opinion at all. I would love to see all the girls with just their natural hair including their beloved Rachel W... 

YES THANK YOU - now while I do get that they want the extensions and wigs to looks like part of the uniform, which is why I don't have a prob with all the cookie cutter styles - Rachel's hair is FAKE. I feel like she is beautiful but 75% of it could be washed off or unglued. 

Love her hair, go buy you some, too.

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

YES THANK YOU - now while I do get that they want the extensions and wigs to looks like part of the uniform, which is why I don't have a prob with all the cookie cutter styles - Rachel's hair is FAKE. I feel like she is beautiful but 75% of it could be washed off or unglued. 

Love her hair, go buy you some, too.

I don't know where they get their extensions from but I've not been a fan recently. Rachel, Madeline and Lexie al look great with long hair but not as long as the extensions make it. The longer/thinner it goes at the bottom, the faker it looks to me. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

WTF are they wearing? Lea I think is adorable, but that is a garbage bag from 1992. Brown sac makes me want to puke, green bath robe is ugh.

Think they need to talk fashion with Gina

Gina dress2.png

• Love 3

The notion that these ladies keep their rookie shorts during their entire tenure is just gross to me. Look at Rachel & Caroline’s shorts they’re leaning toward naughty. For God’s sake get them a proper pair… 

DF8D0652-2903-491D-ADBC-0E1506677BA9.jpeg

• Love 4
5 hours ago, TB12 said:

Not s0 unpopular opinion at all. I would love to see all the girls with just their natural hair including their beloved Rachel W... 

I get what you're saying, but no one should be forced either way -- especially those of color. You can make suggestions & offer improvements, but in the end how they wear their hair should be their choice. Forcing Kat (or anyone else) to wear her hair natural would be just as bad as forcing her to wear a wig (although I'm all for Kat's much needed wig intervention as well as getting rid of overdone extensions, etc.).

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
38 minutes ago, TB12 said:

The notion that these ladies keep their rookie shorts during their entire tenure is just gross to me. Look at Rachel & Caroline’s shorts they’re leaning toward naughty. For God’s sake get them a proper pair… 

The DCC seamstress Lisa Dobson spoke at length about this on a Podcast a couple of years back. She said that of all the items the shorts got the most wear and tear and had to be repaired and replaced most frequently. She said that the shorts moulded to the girls bodies with use and the girls felt uncomfortable dancing if they had to break in a new pair. She aways tried to make them as close to the old pair as possible to reduce this.

• Useful 9
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, PomPomPom said:

The DCC seamstress Lisa Dobson spoke at length about this on a Podcast a couple of years back. She said that of all the items the shorts got the most wear and tear and had to be repaired and replaced most frequently. She said that the shorts moulded to the girls bodies with use and the girls felt uncomfortable dancing if they had to break in a new pair. She aways tried to make them as close to the old pair as possible to reduce this.

Also, I remember in Kaitlin LeGrand’s veteran training camp, one of her transgressions is that she missed her “uniform sizing up”, so maybe they do check it annually and make adjustments? But then you get Meagan Sharp being criticized on cameo day for “outgrowing her first year shorts”, so I’m not sure. 

Edited by allitator
  • Love 5
On 10/31/2021 at 11:18 AM, Holly85 said:

With Ashley looking at the squad photo online of each girls her hair was straight for those pictures but games she went for her natural hair most of the time here is a game day photo of her with straight hair so she did rock both 

6BA05795-DBB1-484A-AA94-05F03605452F.jpeg

Would not have even realised that was Ashley! I love her short hair. I wish I could rock short hair like she does. 

On 10/31/2021 at 12:03 PM, Namcot said:

It's a spoiler topic. It's been mentioned already in this thread. 

• Love 15
9 hours ago, allitator said:

Also, I remember in Kaitlin LeGrand’s veteran training camp, one of her transgressions is that she missed her “uniform sizing up”, so maybe they do check it annually and make adjustments? But then you get Meagan Sharp being criticized on cameo day for “outgrowing her first year shorts”, so I’m not sure. 

One of the biggest problems with the shorts was pointed out by Lisa Dobson.....split seams due to long leg extensions. She said she was constantly doing repairs on these. Jinelle got singled out as a good example. LD also said that after a year on sidelines, and particularly the show group girls, the condition of some shorts could only be described as "wretched". It follows that they must be replaced.

• Useful 7
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, TB12 said:

Even though they're mostly covered by pom, Gina's are a solid two inches lower than Rachel's!

• Love 5
On 10/29/2021 at 3:46 PM, dccfan204 said:

Unpopular opinion: Claire is amazing at contemporary/lyrical style dances but is average in power pom. Marissa is one of the best in power pom

Yes, we are all definitely entitled to our opinions............and I have to respectfully highly disagree ~I think Claire is a powerhouse in Pom as well as everything else ! 

• Love 14
4 hours ago, blairwaldorf said:

I don’t understand how Kat made show group. She went from a struggler who probably shouldn’t have made the team to a blender. Improvement, yes. Show group material? No. 

Same… I can’t imagine being one of the much better dancers that was passed over for her. For some reason they’re shoving her down our throats & I am NOT here for it if anything it’s making me want to see less of her…

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Apparently, she made it bc she got the votes. I don’t mean that in a snarky way, but it’s obvious that while some people on the boards very much dislike Kat and think that she’s awful or average at best, other people (her own teammates and judges) don’t agree. This isn’t a Cassie situation, where her mom is the choreographer or a VK situation, where the team director has known her forever and is clearly playing favorites. It seemed like the other outside judges who don't know Kat anymore than any other DCC and have a reason to pull for her were the main ones pushing her to make it. Now, I think her looks played a big role in it, but the DCCs are a team that pushes looks as much as dance, so whatever.

This!!! Yes Kat appears to be not the most technical flawless dancer (in my amateur eyes) but Kelli called out that SG has evolved through the pandemic to be much more than just dancing. They called out they usually have 16 but this year I thought I counted 18 - please correct me if I’m wrong. The increase in numbers alongside the change in SG being more than just dancing, I’m not surprised she made it. K & J obviously love herotherwise she wouldn’t have made it the first year, let alone every year afterwards. She seems very loved by team mates and the other judges. Her answer to the MJs question was pretty good and I can see why they took her on as an ambassador for the team. It’s not surprising to me.

• Love 17
3 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Apparently, she made it bc she got the votes. I don’t mean that in a snarky way, but it’s obvious that while some people on the boards very much dislike Kat and think that she’s awful or average at best, other people (her own teammates and judges) don’t agree. This isn’t a Cassie situation, where her mom is the choreographer or a VK situation, where the team director has known her forever and is clearly playing favorites. It seemed like the other outside judges who don't know Kat anymore than any other DCC and have no reason to pull for her were the main ones pushing her to make it. Now, I think her looks played a big role in it, but the DCCs are a team that pushes looks as much as dance, so whatever.

1 hour ago, onthebubble said:

This!!! Yes Kat appears to be not the most technical flawless dancer (in my amateur eyes) but Kelli called out that SG has evolved through the pandemic to be much more than just dancing. They called out they usually have 16 but this year I thought I counted 18 - please correct me if I’m wrong. The increase in numbers alongside the change in SG being more than just dancing, I’m not surprised she made it. K & J obviously love herotherwise she wouldn’t have made it the first year, let alone every year afterwards. She seems very loved by team mates and the other judges. Her answer to the MJs question was pretty good and I can see why they took her on as an ambassador for the team. It’s not surprising to me.

You mean she got Kelli's vote. Kelli makes the final decision. Doesn't matter how many want you or don't want you (and Judy was a No vote), if Kelli wants you, you're in. If she doesn't, you're out.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, hannahbanana said:

You mean she got Kelli's vote. Kelli makes the final decision. Doesn't matter how many want you or don't want you (and Judy was a No vote), if Kelli wants you, you're in. If she doesn't, you're out.

No, that’s not what I meant. I actually don’t think we saw Kelli’s vote on Kat, although we did see that she voted for Alora Rose and wanted her on show group and yet, Alora Rose did not make show group. Now, Kelli can absolutely overrule everyone else if she wants to, but I think she actually does care what the outside judges think. Based on everything we’ve seen, I think Kelli only overrules the judges when someone is really a favorite of hers or someone is really on her bad side. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

I actually don’t think we saw Kelli’s vote on Kat, although we did see that she voted for Alora Rose and wanted her on show group and yet, Alora Rose did not make show group.

I'm not entirely sure that anything we "see" on the show is the actual way these decisions are made. I'm sure consultation takes place. Then Kelli and Judy decide. We only "see" a very small  -on camera - portion of the process. But yes, Kat made the team despite Judy seemingly being against the idea initially. Though, it makes sense to me.

Kat is a very popular "face" of DCC, well known to casual viewers. She has 40K followers on instagram which is well above average - almost double some of the other girls. To me it makes sense to keep some of those more well known faces out in front. Show group seems to be performance based and mainly DCC style. Rarely do we see any kind of variety show that may have involved more technical pieces like in the past. Kat sells it. She draws us in and most of us don't really care if she makes mistakes lol. 

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, Tuxcat said:

She has 40K followers on instagram which well above average - almost double some of the other girls. To me it makes sense to keep some of those more well known faces out in front.

I know this may be an odd/stupid thing to complain about as it is the year 2021, but I really do wish they wouldn’t put too much emphasis on amount of SM followers. 

Again, I know I’m in the minority here but it just irks me 🤷‍♂️

• Love 11
46 minutes ago, Lona said:

I know this may be an odd/stupid thing to complain about as it is the year 2021, but I really do wish they wouldn’t put too much emphasis on amount of SM followers. 

Again, I know I’m in the minority here but it just irks me 🤷‍♂️

Totally agree but followers is the currency of the day - (sadly).

10 minutes ago, Survivor197 said:

Do the girls typically perform the exact same solo from their final auditions in their show group audition during TC? 

They didnt used to do solos during show group. New last year I believe? Yes seemed to be the same routine and costuming.

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, Survivor197 said:

Do the girls typically perform the exact same solo from their final auditions in their show group audition during TC? 

Yes. And they have done their solos for show group auditions for a long time now. I think I first remember Kelli talking about showcasing the solos for that in season 8. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1