Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

5 hours ago, MegzClarkie said:

From rewatching some performance videos and looking at press pictures I think it is this: 

Back row- Christina, Madeline S, Rebecca, Megan, Lea, Amber L, Jensen, Ashlinn

Second row- Tyra, Kline, Jessica, Jada, Tori, Kelee, Kaydinna 

Putting Christina at the end point of a triangle seems odd. I wouldn't of hidden Lea in the back row, near the center. But maybe it has to do with height. 

I think in your second row it's KayDianna on the very left spot, and Tyra on the very right.  

• Love 4
22 hours ago, DCC93 said:

I really miss when the girls were authentically themselves (kinda like Klein). 

Me too.  I enjoyed seeing Madeline S. so exited & happy when Evan praised her.  It’s nice to see the girls’ real emotions & reactions and not just “yes ma’am” to everything.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

How I would have done the last two rows... (blondes bolded)

Kaydianna     Lea    Jessica     Tori      Madeline   Veteran       Tyra

Kleine      Amber    Kelee    Megan    Rebecca    Jensen   Christina    Ashlinn

Edited by dccfan204
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, evasworld123 said:

Saw this comment underneath the post. Anyone know if it’s true? 

B5B1E12D-1537-467B-876D-4D8309DE4242.jpeg

Not sure how true it is but they did take down that picture tho 

Edited by Holly85
  • Useful 7
23 hours ago, dccfan204 said:

Things that bother me about the triangle:

For Taylor's height, she really should be in the middle. As a 4 year veteran, it would make the most sense for her to be in Jalyn's spot. But obviously Taylor isn't strong enough. So why is she even on the team? There are plenty of great ambassadors on the team...

It really should be tall girls on the inside, short girls on the outside (when possible). It looks the best. That means Chandi should be on the outside, Rebecca/Dani/Elli on the inside, etc.

I always am bothered so much that they sometimes put short people in the very middle and the extra tallies in random spots! I don't personally need it to flow from tallest in the center to shortest on the edges with the triangle (as in the kickline), but I do think the triangle looks better when you have the tallest best women down the center. I get especially peeved when they put a short(ish) person right behind point. I don't know why Kelli and Judy need to hear this, but you can't really see the people behind point unless they are tall. I almost put that in shouty caps. Back in the day, they had tall ladies behind point and it looked so good in pictures and different camera angles--Kelsey Bond, Kinzie, Lauren O., etc. Then, they randomly stuck Erica behind point and it was like that became a slot for shorter women. It drove me nuts that Tess wasn't behind point--I thought the triangle would look so much more balanced that way, and while I like Tess more than most folks here did, I didn't see her as top three for triangle and still think behind point would have been a better slot for her.

ITA that Taylor should be strong enough to be in the middle. Jada kills it in comparison to Taylor in the dancing and the kick line and jump splits. I like Taylor well enough, but I always thought her kicks were low to be one of the middle DCC in the kickline. She looks like she's marking it half the time next to Jada. Kelcey would be my pick for behind point this year for at least one triangle (I'm all for Kelcey for point some day), and I also would go for Caroline there, because I think she's been robbed in her placement this year. I could see Jada, Dani, or even Jessica behind point for their 3rd years. (I've predicted that Jessica is going to grow tremendously as a dancer and get a new glam glow and become a great DCC down the line, so she's my dark horse for that rookie class.) 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Also: I'm so excited for the next episode! I love knowing we get to hear real opinions from at least one guest judge, and I'm excited to see Criscilla (?) teach for the first time. I loved the choreo I saw her doing with vets seemingly ages ago. It was a fun mix of poppy hip-hop and country funk dance styles that seemed very DCC appro and like it would read well on a field or sidelines. 

I know some folks are bored, and I agree there's always much to critique, but I am enjoying this season so far. Of course there are scenes I find boring that could be shortened or cut altogether (MRS coaching, McMansion tour, etc) and I wanted to hear more opinions from some of the guest judges who are not MRS, but I feel like I am getting introduced to at least one or two rookies each episode, I am loving that I'm seeing so much new fresh choreo (instead of seeing all the same old dances, though of course we spot some of those, too), and I have enjoyed all the guest judges. I would like to see more of the vets, especially 2nd years who still are field rookies and a better goodbye for Daphne, but overall, I am having fun. 

Edited by M1977G
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, M1977G said:

I always am bothered so much that they sometimes put short people in the very middle and the extra tallies in random spots! I don't personally need it to flow from tallest in the center to shortest on the edges with the triangle (as in the kickline), but I do think the triangle looks better when you have the tallest best women down the center. I get especially peeved when they put a short(ish) person right behind point. I don't know why Kelli and Judy need to hear this, but you can't really see the people behind point unless they are tall. I almost put that in shouty caps. Back in the day, they had tall ladies behind point and it looked so good in pictures and different camera angles--Kelsey Bond, Kinzie, Lauren O., etc. Then, they randomly stuck Erica behind point and it was like that became a slot for shorter women. It drove me nuts that Tess wasn't behind point--I thought the triangle would look so much more balanced that way, and while I like Tess more than most folks here did, I didn't see her as top three for triangle and still think behind point would have been a better slot for her.

I have never felt more understood in my life

• LOL 9
  • Love 3

Does anyone know why they're not in the studio this year?  Did I miss something?  I understand that auditions were at AT&T, but the most recent shows have been at the Star but never the studio.  They've shown the 12,000 seat arena, the locker room, some strange setup for "who I need to see in my office" but not the studio.  What's going on?  Is it too small for social distancing?

1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

What’s the issue with Taylor’s placement in the triangle? She appears to be pretty far back and close the middle.

Maybe that's the issue being that she's a 4th year?

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Kamal said:

Saw the sneak peak for tomorrows episode and Kylie was in a visible spot !!

She is so cute.

For the people who are watching the show tomorrow please tell me how she was. (can't watch the show because I'm too lazy to set up a vpn)

I'm really interested to see what her cut was about. I love her and think she's so cute, I hope she comes back next year

• Love 9
1 hour ago, WoofDCC said:

Did Judy fall and hit her head?

Normally I'm team Judy but she is hypocritical scolding Ava for flipping off the camera on social media when Judy herself posted a photo on IG of her granddaughter flipping off the camera!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvDdSg2Axbl/

Link for me was broken "unavailable" - but this doesn't surprise me. Of course tbf her granddaughter isn't trying out for DCC- yet.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
34 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Link for me was broken "unavailable" - but this doesn't surprise me. Of course tbf her granddaughter isn't trying out for DCC- yet.

Holy cow... the post was removed.

Well, there we are.

Edited by WoofDCC
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 17
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Every year there seem to be one or two of the older vets that are hidden in the triangle or really far at the back. If they get outdanced, I can see why it’s done. But sometimes it simply doesn’t make sense why they’re there and not further upfront. Maybe its dance dynamics or the colour of their hair. I’m sure she has her reasons.

I’d like to compare the triangle to my classroom; most of the kids get allocated the place that works best for them. There’s a few you cannot get on the spots that would be best for them simply because you have to accommodate all and there are not enough perfect places. You have to make concessions. And yes…occasionally we get it wrong but you won’t know until you have tried it.

• Love 5
On 10/13/2021 at 8:16 PM, DCCland said:

This season has been boring so far! I need some drama and I like to hear more from the vets! I feel like it’s just been the same thing every week! I’ve been watching this show since I was little and this is the first time I’m bored with it 

I know what you mean about hearing more from the vets. I've been saying for years that I would love it if they included sections in the episodes where they check in with the vets. Just to see how they are doing and maybe how they are using their platforms. When I first started watching early in the series, I can recall more camera time for the vets, but over the last few years it seems like the only time you hear from a vet is if they are getting called into the office for a critique or if they are noticed for dancing well during rehearsal.

• Love 7
22 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

Except you don't need drama (especially the manufactured stuff) to create interest. Yes, it's the easy way to create interest, but there are other ways too. Give people a reason to be interested/invested in the girls (back stories (not just the sob stories), what they're doing outside of the filmed training camp nights to get on the team, more about the vets & their experiences during the previous year on the team (and, yes, they're auditioning for their spot, so they qualify as "making the team"), etc.) and people will be interested. Even the after show videos of K & J talking about things this year has been more interesting than some things they've shown in previous seasons (haven't watched this season), because it gives insight as to what they are actually thinking.  Most of the girls we know nothing about & the ones we do, it's because of social media & forums like these, not the show. Interesting content is not just drama.

Yes to all of this!!! I don't need to have my jaw dropped or my emotions stirred all the time to keep me interested in something. People seem to forget that it's not always drama that makes content interesting. I'm sure there's so much more that goes into the DCC then what we are shown and other aspects that have yet to be explored yet we seem to keep seeing the same old stuff.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, lexie3248 said:

F98C24C5-5EE6-4A70-A9CA-50FD0E44CEF7.thumb.jpeg.c5f83778050641ec55f351a741ba15fa.jpeg

I knew that would happen so here’s a screenshot.

Thanks for including the date, too. If it was fine for over 2 years, why remove it now? (Not you. Judy of course.)

*"Fine" meaning: she's not trying out, she's just a kid, she was hurting, ...insert any other reply for why post this, but drag Ava through the mud for whatever her video was.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Lona said:

I just saw this on Reddit. I’m in complete shock. I’m sure many will suggest this is fake, which is most definitely a possibility, but just wow either way. 

Edited by evasworld123
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Lona said:

I mean, I don't really have anything to add. This is a young couple's relationship drama. 

Also, we go to air in like 15 minutes. I'm a bit busy. We'll take care of this later. 

If another "insider" wants to talk, let them I guess? 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Dr. Manhattan
  • Love 7
48 minutes ago, Lona said:

this man seems like he’s trying to get some revenge. I was going to post the other day when I noticed her cryptic post and realized all photos of him had been deleted. I REALLY like Marissa, and he has always given me a really bad vibe. I think he’s full of it, and wants to save face for whatever reason they broke up.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Love 2 C U Smile said:

Spoiler…. 

FINALLY! A new Leaderboard! 
….

F8E73A78-0573-4CEE-8CEA-7B25BEB0F48E.jpeg

Anyone see Amanda on here? I honesty can't find her. So she is just gone? I know the rumors and I understand how controversial the vaccine is (if that's why she left, was let go) but she was in camp and then not? With no explanation? Do they think their fans won't notice? 

This show has become it's own commercial for the show. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Dr. Manhattan said:

Whew! Ok, now that the episode is over ... 

I would just ask for members on here to ALWAYS CONSIDER THE SOURCE. This man is a scorned "lover," and I would just ask for people to be careful in believing anything that comes out of a mad person's mouth. Marissa is a wonderful DCC and these unsubstantiated claims are as dangerous as they are hurtful. 

You are much nicer than I.  He is an asshole who is trying to get back at a talented, mature young woman who deserves so much better.  

• Love 24
Just now, Christineelgene said:

You are much nicer than I.  He is an asshole who is trying to get back at a talented, mature young woman who deserves so much better.  

She needs to delete her tick tock account for sure 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, TorProc said:

Holy crap he sucks. 

19 minutes ago, Dr. Manhattan said:

Whew! Ok, now that the episode is over ... 

I would just ask for members on here to ALWAYS CONSIDER THE SOURCE. This man is a scorned "lover," and I would just ask for people to be careful in believing anything that comes out of a mad person's mouth. Marissa is a wonderful DCC and these unsubstantiated claims are as dangerous as they are hurtful. 

That dude did more damage to his character than hers! 

Can you imagine when he is a middle-aged man having to explain to an employer, or in-laws, or anyone, why he would tear down an ex on the internet and try to ruin her DCC career? How incredibly awesome will he feel then about himself? What a giant narcissist.

• Love 18

What a crock.  He's just mad he can't ride on her coattails anymore.  I know she is mortified.  And he gives me the impression he is a dunce.

This is the kind of guy that ends up being dangerous to whomever he is dating.  but maybe his video will take care of his dating life for a good while.

I hope the DCC organization burns his a**.

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

What a crock.  He's just mad he can't ride on her coattails anymore.  I know she is mortified.  And he gives me the impression he is a dunce.

This is the kind of guy that ends up being dangerous to whomever he is dating.  but maybe his video will take care of his dating life for a good while.

I hope the DCC organization burns his a**.

He got some girl on tick tock backing him up 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
17 hours ago, ByTor said:

Ah ok. Well that doesn't bother me. I see it as she's top 36 or she's not, and if she is, then being a 4th year doesn't automatically make her one of the best dancers on the team, such that she should be towards the front. I don't have an issue with Taylor like some others do. She's fine, and she doesn't stand out to me as being lost or chasing the choreo (like Savannah or Meredith did). I would never want a team full of Taylors, but a few blenders aren't an issue to me, especially if they are appropriately placed in the formation, as she is. If she was put up front just because she is a 4th year, then I would have a problem. 

Edited by Jess14
Typo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, evasworld123 said:

I feel for her. But I’m grateful she found this out about his character before marrying him. She has a bright future ahead. ❤️

BE746A60-9452-43F0-8ACC-50D0D6BADE37.jpeg

Yeah this is heartbreaking for her but I’m so happy she got out and has a great support system. 

• Love 16

Walk away Tanner. Your words are mute. No one is listening to a narcissist. You’re emotionally abusive, looking to destroy this beautiful young woman.  You've shown your true character to the world you’re a classless act!  Move on and be silent 

Edited by DCCnoname
  • Love 14
1 minute ago, DCCnoname said:

Walk away Tanner. Your words are mute. No one is listening to a narcissist. You’re emotionally abuse, looking to destroy this beautiful young woman.  You've shown your true character to the world you’re a classless act!  Move on and be silent 

He tuned off the comments again on that video he didn’t like what a lot of us had to say 

• Love 6