2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

My picks:

5th year: Lauren so Neither

4th year: Bridget one of my all time faves but next Ashlee

3rd year: Kelcey

2nd year: no attachment to any of them

Rookie: Kelee (love her spirit) & Lea (she's grown on me she's adorable!)

• Love 3
13 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

The open armpit bit is the most confusing part of this entire outfit. It'd have been better as a open shoulder style.

Agreed about the open armpit thing. An open shoulder would have been far more on trend since that look (I believe they call it the cold-shoulder) is pretty popular. I even have two shirts in that style. I honestly don't know how they came up with it. Maybe the outfit designers were riffing in a room one day and someone said as a joke "hey you know those cold-shoulder tops? Well instead of that, what do ya'll think of that look, but with an open armpit?" And then someone else was like "OMG, I love that!" Either that or maybe they thought the open armpit was better for flexibility purposes.

• Love 2

Ok, finally getting around to my thoughts on last week's episode. For some reason, even though I liked the episode, I just wasn't as motivated to talk about it. However, there was some good content from the guest choreographers. I actually liked Crissilla and her story is so heartbreaking. I actually found myself getting teary-eyed which I wasn't expecting. I do have one small quibble about how she (and in most of the guest choreographers) have a tendency to say "yeah?" after giving instructions on the dance. Kitty did it a lot as well & for some reason its just grates a little on my nerves. Why can't they just say "do you get it?" or "any questions?" Every time someone does that, I think of Michael Caine in "Miss Congeniality" saying "it is always yes, never yeah."

Loved seeing Travis Wall again. I really liked the dance he taught them. Sometimes his dances are hit or miss for me. I don't recall the one he did via zoom last season, but that one set to the Billie Eilish song was a bit weird. I did love how excited he was to be back. I will say that part where Judy ratted out Ava to him about her flipping off the camera was cringeworthy, particularly given the fact that Judy doesn't have a problem with it when its her own grand-daughter doing it. I thought it was interesting that Kelli seemed to be downplaying what Ava did & only mentioned that Ava's post has questionable content & didn't seem like she was going to elaborate further while Judy was the one who kind of cut in & mentioned how she flipped off the camera. The dhow just made it seem like Judy was the one who had more of an issue with it.

I was glad we were able to hear more from some of the other rookies like Megan, Jordan & Rebecca. Rebecca does have great legs & I loved seeing Megan's relationship with her brothers. Also hooray for Christina's improvements & getting noticed more.

As for the office visits, I was not surprised to see who they called in and while I like Ashley, I was surprised that they kept her then. I was sorry to see the little blond go as she seems really sweet, but I hope she tries out next year. Anyway, it was a good episode, but not steller. Hopefully this week's show will have more pep.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Bellisima08 said:

I will say that part where Judy ratted out Ava to him about her flipping off the camera was cringeworthy, particularly given the fact that Judy doesn't have a problem with it when its her own grand-daughter doing it. I thought it was interesting that Kelli seemed to be downplaying what Ava did & only mentioned that Ava's post has questionable content & didn't seem like she was going to elaborate further while Judy was the one who kind of cut in & mentioned how she flipped off the camera. The dhow just made it seem like Judy was the one who had more of an issue with it.

I agree that Judy sounding so taken aback with Ava does make TPTB sound out of touch. 

However, I do think Judy being shocked about the specific action, while Kelly is upset about general controversy is consistent with what we know about them. I remember in one of the podcast episodes Judy was talking about how she wore jeans to go grocery shopping for the first time in 2020 and I know some of the cheerleaders have posted about how Judy is really a stickler for having the cheerleaders wear certain shades of nail polish.

To me, both of these facts sound like Judy has a very rigid idea of how someone, especially the DCC, should present themselves in public. (Maybe Judy has a blindspot for her family, I'm not sure) I think strictness about appearance likely correlates with strictness about behavior.

However, Kelli seemed to be focused more on potential future controversy (as opposed to the actual video) when she said (paraphrasing) "is there a nasty girl that's going to come out." I also feel like, maybe because of her marketing background, Kelli is concerned with keeping DCC relevant (while maintaining DCC standards), but Judy places more emphasis on the standards.

• Love 7
18 hours ago, allitator said:

It’s mostly the half-hoodie-half-sports-bra-open-armpit top that I will just NEVER understand. 

It's like that they couldn't decide how to design it, and just threw the whole book at the top.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

5th  Gina, Lexie -I wouldn’t have said this a few years ago, but I like how they’ve turned out leadership wise. 

4th Madeline, Ashley now -Bridget was my absolute favorite though

3rd Chandi, Kelcey (Kat is growing on me.) 

2nd Marissa, Claire, Jada

1st Kleine, KayDianna, Madeline S, Ashlinn 

• Love 5

My favorites:

5th year: Kalyssa Singleton originally and then Savannah Heineken and now it's Gina Ligi (which is fine because Gina's sweetness has been greatly understated throughout the years)

4th year: Bridget Jacob originally but now it's Jalyn Stough and Erin Sauerhage 

3rd year: I was Amanda Dilks all the way from day one but now it is Kat Puryear and Kelcey Wetterberg (they should share point)

2nd year: Dani, Dani and Dani. But I should add that our Golden Retriever turned DCC, Marissa Garrison, has willed her way into my favorites

Rookie: Kleine and her metaphysical opposite Kelee, but also Ashlinn and my favorite Legacy by a mile

• Love 8
13 hours ago, HitItHarder..BAM said:

I agree that Judy sounding so taken aback with Ava does make TPTB sound out of touch. 

However, I do think Judy being shocked about the specific action, while Kelly is upset about general controversy is consistent with what we know about them. I remember in one of the podcast episodes Judy was talking about how she wore jeans to go grocery shopping for the first time in 2020 and I know some of the cheerleaders have posted about how Judy is really a stickler for having the cheerleaders wear certain shades of nail polish.

To me, both of these facts sound like Judy has a very rigid idea of how someone, especially the DCC, should present themselves in public. (Maybe Judy has a blindspot for her family, I'm not sure) I think strictness about appearance likely correlates with strictness about behavior.

However, Kelli seemed to be focused more on potential future controversy (as opposed to the actual video) when she said (paraphrasing) "is there a nasty girl that's going to come out." I also feel like, maybe because of her marketing background, Kelli is concerned with keeping DCC relevant (while maintaining DCC standards), but Judy places more emphasis on the standards.

Love your observation

• Love 1
(edited)
On 10/2/2021 at 12:42 AM, MrsEVH said:

I wanted Lauren it make it too. Glad she was able to do 6 years with the Mavs Dancers. She's married now with a 1 yr old daughter.

Another former Rangerette is  Miranda Burns /Parker. She's the blonde who auditioned several times and never made it to TC. She was also friends with Natalie and auditioned with her in season 1.  

Which ones Miranda? Is she the black girl who pops up in early seasons under a "different" Miranda something every time she tried out every year but had different look, just like Christina Ricci (can't spell) who spent all her 20's trying out with brunette hair then blonde hair then making it on her 5th try and tried out a total of 7 or 8 times (tcc and dcc) and then retired and went out with Mandy(?)'s ex and everyone was confused with that but Christina prob met Mandy during one of her tryouts we never saw. 

Edited by Uk-Eve
  • LOL 1
46 minutes ago, Uk-Eve said:

Which ones Miranda? Is she the black girl who pops up in early seasons under a "different" Miranda something every time she tried out every year but had different look, just like Christina Ricci (can't spell) who spent all her 20's trying out with brunette hair then blonde hair then making it on her 5th try and tried out a total of 7 or 8 times (tcc and dcc) and then retired and went out with Mandy(?)'s ex and everyone was confused with that but Christina prob met Mandy during one of her tryouts we never saw. 

There are 2 Mirandas. Miranda Jones is the African American girl who auditioned a few times but never made it to TC. She's a former Seattle Sea Gal and was on the DC R&B squad for 2013-14 season. I wished Kelli would have chosen her for TC because I think she would 've made a great DCC.

Miranda James/ Burns is the white girl who auditioned quite a few times but never made it to TC. She did made it to finals once in season 1 or 2. She did the solo were she starts out sitting at a makeup table.

Miranda Parker IG: https://www.instagram.com/_mirandaparker_/

Miranda Jones 

1149697_10151805327241131_1659266337_o.j

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 10/19/2021 at 11:50 AM, Kamal said:

I'm bored so here are my favorites from each rookie class that are currently on the team.

5th year, neither

4th year, Amber

3rd year, Chandi !! 

2nd year, Dani 

Rookie class, Kleine

Chandi is my favorite of all.

I like the 2nd year rookie class the best. No one is week or boring.

5th years: none

4th years: Ashlee and Jalyn

3rd years: Chandi

2nd years: Dani

Rookies: Kleine!! (will be my fave as long as she is on the team).  Lea, Amber and Megan as well.  The others are unforgettable to me. 

• Love 3

So fitting in the preview of tonight's episode of MTT they show a smiling shot of Hannah in the kickline. Did y'all forget what transpired last season? 

Still miffed about Hannah's cut btw. Sure they may have been trying to show Lacey's kick, but all you see is Hannah. You also have 4 years of footage on Lacey to find one without a vicious vet cut.

It's at 1:06

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CVVqkLgt1Ie/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

hannahkick.jpg

Edited by StellaCL
  • Love 20
10 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

So fitting in the preview of tonight's episode of MTT they show a smiling shot of Hannah in the kickline. Did y'all forget what transpired last season? 

Still miffed about Hannah's cut btw. Sure they may have been trying to show Lacey's kick, but all you see is Hannah. You also have 4 years of footage on Lacey to find one without a vicious vet cut.

It's at 1:06

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CVVqkLgt1Ie/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

hannahkick.jpg

Hannah has moved on and doing well !!! She isn’t even thinking abt them anymore 

• Love 14
9 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Hannah has moved on and doing well !!! She isn’t even thinking abt them anymore 

I know, I follow her on instragram. Jalyn and Amber are still her besties and she was just in Dallas for Amber's engagement - she is still on the periphery of DCC related things.

I have noticed MTT has also done this with Dayton. I think it is tacky and hurtful to use footage of TCC or DCC that were cut badly in the past. I bet most of these ladies probably agree with this sentiment and loathe seeing their image still used in new seasons. 16 seasons now so MTT has a lot of other footage options to choose from.

• Love 9
33 minutes ago, evasworld123 said:

The girls who beg not to be cut during office visits are so uncomfortable to watch.

I have a feeling it’s almost encouraged by the producers to try to beg for another chance. Or just the girls seeing how it’s changed Kelli’s mind in the past and it might work for them.

• Love 7

My faves are: 

5th: Gina ( I like them both, but I’ve always been a big Gina fan.

4th: ❤️ Amazing! Ashlee has been my Fave from when their rookie season!

3rd: Kelcey looks amazing this year!! She rocks!

2nd: Claire! My favorite of all. Plus, redheads stick together. 👩🏼‍🦰❤️

rookie: Kelee and Leah. Love them!!

honorable mentions to: Jalyn, Marissa, Amber, Chandi, and Kaydianna. 

• Love 13

I was watching Ava doing the entrance and she nailed the lines each time the 1st couple of times. Which I think is pretty impressive. I heard Kelli yell her name towards the end of the entrance practice but she didnt say anything. I really think shes one of the strongest dancers so it’ll b interesting what happens going forward. I still dont understand the Christina love, she seems so-so to me in every aspect, nothing stands out, no power or projection I’ve seen. I’m also on the fence on KayDianna. Its like I keep waiting for her shine, and I’m always let down. And I just noticed a Meagen tonite. Where’d she come from? Does she make the team? 

Edited by Trixi
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, lexie3248 said:

I have a feeling it’s almost encouraged by the producers to try to beg for another chance. Or just the girls seeing how it’s changed Kelli’s mind in the past and it might work for them.

It seems a bit rehearsed to me too, especially when Kelli gives her signature eye squint while listening to the pitch

2 hours ago, Trixi said:

nd I just noticed a Meagen tonite. Where’d she come from? Does she make the team? 

She does. So far she's the only one I can remember with no canned sob story. She was highlighted last week and I laughed out loud when she said "Growing up was awesome and so much fun." I respect what the other ladies have been through (but its disheartening to see some of their traumas that I'm not sure I should know about them tbh - seems so private for reality tv).

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Tuxcat said:

She does. So far she's the only one I can remember with no canned sob story. She was highlighted last week and I laughed out loud when she said "Growing up was awesome and so much fun." I respect what the other ladies have been through (but its disheartening to see some of their traumas that I'm not sure I should know about them tbh - seems so private for reality tv).

Ah thanks, I missed last weeks episode!

Edited by Trixi
8 hours ago, lexie3248 said:

try to beg for another chance. Or just the girls seeing how it’s changed Kelli’s mind in the past and it might work for them.

As in the infamous Chelsea line "I was meant to be here?"  I don't think Kelli will fall for that again.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

So everyone loves Bridget. She was a star. She would've been point if she had stayed.

What was the main reason she retired ? (Of course the reason isn't just one but a combination of reasons but I'm curious. )

Age? Work? injury? family? Love life? 

videos of Bridget on fire from reddit.

• Love 12
45 minutes ago, Kamal said:

So everyone loves Bridget. She was a star. She would've been point if she had stayed.

What was the main reason she retired ? (Of course the reason isn't just one but a combination of reasons but I'm curious. )

I’m sure this isn’t the only reason, but she had already spent 5 years as an NFL cheerleader by the end of her second year. She danced for the (then) San Diego Chargers for 3 or so years before coming to Dallas- from her bio, I think she had been in Dallas for a year before trying out. Maybe she felt like it was time to move on.  She was also engaged while in TCC but they broke up sometime during her two years. 

When Hannah, lily, and Brennan got cut last year, she (accidentally?) tweeted something critical of TPTB on her DCC Twitter - it didn’t name them directly, but it was pretty clear. She was already retired at that point but I wonder if there were other management decisions she disagreed with that contributed to her retirement. 
She was one of my favorites and I wish she had stayed, but I hope she’s happy wherever she is in life!

• Useful 1
  • Love 23

Why are they putting off cutting TCC Ashley? Her flexibility issues are significantly worse than other TCCs.
It’s bizarre that they didn’t mention flexibility issues with Jordann considering most of the things they mentioned were explicitly described as “coachable”. I could maybe see flexibility being an issue at this point with her, but either they didn’t mention it or it was cut for time. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Kamal said:

I miss Bridget. She was the perfect all-round DCC for me. Extra sparkle on the field, always looked like she was enjoying herself, strong dancer with technique and power, super lovely, great ambasssador and teammate. I have the biggest girl crush on her, she's up there with Melissa W and Megan C as my fave ever DCC. I could gush over her until the cows come home!

• Love 22
4 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I miss Bridget. She was the perfect all-round DCC for me. Extra sparkle on the field, always looked like she was enjoying herself, strong dancer with technique and power, super lovely, great ambasssador and teammate. I have the biggest girl crush on her, she's up there with Melissa W and Megan C as my fave ever DCC. I could gush over her until the cows come home!

I think she may be my favorite of all time. She beat out McKenzie Lee, who had held that spot for years. Honestly, she and Hannah both. What a rookie class it was that year.  Bridget, Amber, Hannah, Jalyn, Rachel, Ashlee… so many rockstars. 

• Love 22
On 10/18/2021 at 11:32 AM, lexie3248 said:

EBE67801-CC36-485E-9E29-5894F6D226B8.thumb.jpeg.609d8aa275f5506b895b8e41615d80b8.jpeg

someone on one of the DCC facebook groups had shared that Marissa shared this on her Facebook. Gabby was with that guy for about a year and engaged a year also around the same age, Marissa probably saw a lot of similarities. 

Hold up... I missed the connection b/w Marissa and Gabby.... who is Julie ? what page the connection was discussed ?

Edited by sATL
31 minutes ago, sATL said:

Hold up... I missed the connection b/w Marissa and Gabby.... who is Julie ? what page the connection was discussed ?

Julie is someone that she shared the post from !!!! 

2 hours ago, allitator said:

I think she may be my favorite of all time. She beat out McKenzie Lee, who had held that spot for years. Honestly, she and Hannah both. What a rookie class it was that year.  Bridget, Amber, Hannah, Jalyn, Rachel, Ashlee… so many rockstars. 

Right? Definitely my favourite rookie class in recent years. Although this year's rookies could rival that!

• Love 7
23 hours ago, StellaCL said:

I have noticed MTT has also done this with Dayton. I think it is tacky and hurtful to use footage of TCC or DCC that were cut badly in the past.

This!! The bad editing they keep doing over and over again, whether it’s your example or messing up time lines is really getting on my nerves….

It’s on my short list that will probably cause me to drop this show entirely within a year (together with the bad cover music instead of the actual songs, bad editing in general and the really bad acting they let the girls do for storylines. They never did this in the past….)

• Love 3
14 hours ago, DCCnoname said:

Joining the poll late  

5th year -none

4 th- Caroline 

3rd-  Kelsey , loved  Amanda, I dont get the hype for Chandi

2nd year -Jada 

rookie -Kelee

Extra Late...I did mine by season

Two Hour Special: Sarah Gourley

Season One: Andrea Rogers

Season Two: Meredith Oden

Season Three: Jordan Chanley

Season Four: Ashton Torres

Season Five: Sasha Agent

Season Six: McKenzie Weeks

Season Seven: Kali Nicole

Season Eight: Hannah West

Season Nine: Courtney Russ

Season Ten: Kashara Garrett

Season Eleven: Heather O'Connor 

Season Twelve: Lauren Parker

Season Thirteen: Hannah Anderson

Season Fourteen: Kelcey Wetterberg

Season Fifteen: Elli Digiovanni

Edited by BlueBear2008
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 10/23/2021 at 12:27 PM, Kamal said:

Wait This was in Amy's fifth and final year and they demoted both their point that year for bridget to be point for the christmas game? GO BRIDGET. Shes better than Miss bland "I FORGOT that we are NOT doing do the actual split but we just stick our legs out and marking it during game day rehearsals and nearly got myself injured in my third year" Amy

Edited by Uk-Eve
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, ExtremeFajitas said:

Alora Rose was shown helping a rookie in the most recent episode and she looked gorgeous. I’m so curious why she left! 

Didn't they show a snippet where Kelli said it was for the Rockettes?

• Useful 3
  • Love 6

A couple of questions:

1) Did they cut out the interview section of the selection process? I loved that part. 

2) Did they cut out media training? That was also a favorite of mine.

3) What happened to etiquette training? Is it gone, too?

4) When do Marissa, Alora-Rose and Lisa leave or get cut? They were all 3 still in this most recent episode.

5) Given that there are no on-camera mentions of weight this year, do they still have daily weigh-ins and put people on weight-warnings? Kelly used to be so obsessed with weight and I think I remember it being in their contracts. There are at least 4 Veterans who look heavier than the usual weights that they allow the cheerleaders to be.

Edited by Jcamille
  • Love 1

Okay but is the entrance actually hard?

I just feel like it's not as hard as they say it is but the girls are just making mistakes because it's there first time ever doing it. I think with a few more times practicing it they can all nail it but MTT doesn't show that because they want to show the girls making mistakes and Judy screaming.

The entrance can't nearly be as hard as doing high kicks or having power in dance.

• Love 5
55 minutes ago, Kamal said:

I just feel like it's not as hard as they say it is but the girls are just making mistakes because it's there first time ever doing it. I think with a few more times practicing it they can all nail it but MTT doesn't show that because they want to show the girls making mistakes and Judy screaming.

The entrance can't nearly be as hard as doing high kicks or having power in dance.

I get the impression that the travelling is the hardest part. Most of these women will have grown up in a studio/on a stage where you're pretty limited with travelling. Even if you've done a lot of across the floor training, you're not used to such a big space!

I think the trickiest bit is the 'shut the car door' run/lunge/prance (I think Britney Schram said that to someone once) with the arm going out to one side, pretty sure it's the first move they do when travelling across the field.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Jcamille said:

A couple of questions:

1) Did they cut out the interview section of the selection process? I loved that part. 

4) When do Marissa, Alora-Rose and Lisa leave or get cut? They were all 3 still in this most recent episode.

5) Given that there are no on-camera mentions of weight this year, do they still have daily weigh-ins and put people on weight-warnings? Kelly used to be so obsessed with weight and I think I remember it being in their contracts. There are at least 4 Veterans who look heavier than the usual weights that they allow the cheerleaders to be.

1) if they did any sort of group interview around finals, it wasn’t shown. Last year, they had individual interviews with staff (including Kelli’s daughter randomly, who I believe interned with CMT at one point) ahead of training camp. 
2) media training last year was shown at the end of camp, I believe it was the second to last episode. I’m guessing we’ll have to wait a couple more episodes to see it. Considering their emphasis on the DCC being good ambassadors for the team, I’d have it earlier to be sure that the TCC are coachable and are given a chance to improve (thinking of Kat, Taylor T, and Meredith here) 

3) if they did etiquette training last year, it wasn’t shown/might have been post-bubble like makeovers. Hopefully they’ll have it this year. 
4) Marissa is still on the team. Not sure about timing for the others

• Love 2
7 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

I couldn’t get that link to work without a subscription, but here’s a link to a similar article on the story:   https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thewrap.com/travis-wall-sexual-misconduct-break-the-floor-dance-company/amp/

Looks to be pretty serious. 

Edited by allitator
  • Useful 2
3 hours ago, Kamal said:

I would imagine that it is in fact “harder than it looks”, but I also refuse to accept that “five yards in four counts” is a complicated notion. Like… there are yard-lines.  You don’t need to break out the ole graphing calculator.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Jcamille said:

A couple of questions:

Marissa doesn’t leave 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Kamal said:

It is to me.

First you walk big with your arms doing one thing.  Then sort of skip/jump with your arms doing another thing.  And then go 5 yards in 4 steps all on the ball of your footsies.  And not fall flat on your face while you do it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8