Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, ByTor said:

I think the V shorts look more diaper-ish. Plus I think the star pointing to the cash & prizes is tacky. 

Hahahaha the cash and prizes, I can hear KC's voice saying that in my head!!! Maybe i'm old fashioned but the v shorts that v cutout looks kind of naughty to me. Like its oh hey the path to the "v"... 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, BunnyHop96 said:

I'm still trying to figure out how/why Lea is so far down when I haven't seen of/heard of one negative thing being said about her. It's all been great and very positive, and while we rarely see her on the show i'm just confused. 

When she first popped up here, there were some very strong opinions about her look. Tide seems to have turned on that, thankfully, and her dance skills are awesome. I assume she was ranked that low because TPTB wanted to see how her cameos turned out. She seems to be fantastic in every style, like a pixie version of Gina. 

I can’t think of another DCC to compare her to because she isn’t a girl next door dressed up like Maddie or Christina, or a unique glam like Amanda. She’s doing her own thing. I still get Christine Baranski vibes too. 

• Love 14

The V-shorts look ridiculous! Sorry guys but I don't think it looks flattering at all and it looks sooooo 90s!  I love the belt and buckle and agree with most around here that some seasons, the shorts were just too short! And I am also sure that a slight rise of the waist line will improve the way it looks on some of the girls as well.

• Love 16

I've never liked the current style of short. They are cut/altered in the style of underwear as opposed to shorts which gives them the diaper look.  I quite prefer how the ladies look when they first put on their unaltered shorts, the fit is quite nice and attractive. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, LynneH said:

I've never liked the current style of short. They are cut/altered in the style of underwear as opposed to shorts which gives them the diaper look.  I quite prefer how the ladies look when they first put on their unaltered shorts, the fit is quite nice and attractive. 

Oh but each lady gets a 'custom fit' I can hear Kelli's voice in my head... a custom fit that looks like they're wearing granny panties & does nothing for the majority of their bottoms... (I hate the word panties btw)

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, TB12 said:

Oh but each lady gets a 'custom fit' I can hear Kelli's voice in my head... a custom fit that looks like they're wearing granny panties & does nothing for the majority of their bottoms... (I hate the word panties btw)

speaking of panties... personal question... given the size of the bottom uniform, just what kind of undergarment do they wear ? especially if they are on their period and may need  pad to catch runoffs... do the dance leggings have an undergarment built in ?

I think Kelli discussed bras choices during some uniform fittings..

Edited by sATL
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

From other postings over the years, the tights they wear have a 4" rise.   

Next week's preview terrifies me.   The first jump splits are always very scary, and from the previews, this time will be very scary.    I really wish they would stop the jump splits, and do other moves that in my opinion are just as spectacular, but safer.   

• Love 1
On 10/15/2021 at 8:23 PM, Lona said:

He sounds like a bitter jealous ex.  I'm guessing she dumped him.  What a narcissistic loser, she dodged a bullet with that guy.

• Love 10
23 hours ago, PomPomPom said:

I see nothing unattractive about her therefore to me she is attractive and a great dancer. What's not to like?

I love Lea's looks as well.  I think she's beautiful and she has serious pop.  If unconventional beauties like Sarah Gourley, Brooke Sorenson, Trisha Trevino and Ally Traylor can be rock star DCC and calendar girls, I don't see why some have an issue with Lea.

• Love 14
21 hours ago, BunnyHop96 said:

I'm back after a few days off so I have lots of opinions to post abt now apparently lol. Since we've seen uniform fittings, I'm here to get y'alls opinions. I think the V-shorts are SO much more flattering (length AND waist line) than the current shorts (commonly compared by us to a diaper...). Thoughts??

Screen Shot 2021-10-16 at 9.47.13 PM.png

Both incarnations of the shorts have their pros & cons. In the earlier version I like that the bottoms have more coverage over the butt cheeks, but I agree with others who have said that the v shape with that one lower positioned star seems designed to call more attention to the cash & prizes. In the later version, I love the belt with the hip-hugger design, but hate that it seems like there's a lot more chance of butt exposure. If I had my way, I'd combine the belt & hip-hugger design with the more covered look on the backside. I even love it if they made the shorts look more like white denim cutoffs with folded hems.

Edited by Bellisima08
  • Love 5

Tanner: what a lowlife scumbag.
It is Incredible that everyone could see through him, even before he tried to slander Marissa, and that Marissa herself considered marrying him.
I’ll never understand it.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Pau84 said:

It is Incredible that everyone could see through him, even before he tried to slander Marissa, and that Marissa herself considered marrying him.

Sadly, some women either can't or won't see through the facade these guys put up until afterwards.  Granted, far too many scumbags like Tanner are good at hiding it until after the marriage then slowly drop the facade and make the woman believe that whatever negative traits he has are not because of his OWN failings, but because the woman is at fault.  Family and friends (those with experience) can see right through him, but the woman is so caught up in whatever positive emotions she's experience that she's blinded to it.  The guy might also play UP the fact that the family can't stand him but play it off as them against us.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Pau84 said:

I’m kind of wondering if he actually even had cancer. Probably wouldn’t be the first to fake a disease to make someone stay. 

• Love 10
12 hours ago, Bellisima08 said:

Both incarnations of the shorts have their pros & cons. In the earlier version I like that the bottoms have more coverage over the butt cheeks, but I agree with others who have said that the v shape with that one lower positioned star seems designed to call more attention to the cash & prizes. In the later version, I love the belt with the hip-hugger design, but hate that it seems like there's a lot more chance of butt exposure. If I had my way, I'd combine the belt & hip-hugger design with the more covered look on the backside. I even love it if they made the shorts look more like white denim cutoffs with folded hems.

Now that last suggestion is a good idea.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, sATL said:

speaking of panties... personal question... given the size of the bottom uniform, just what kind of undergarment do they wear ? especially if they are on their period and may need  pad to catch runoffs... do the dance leggings have an undergarment built in ?

I think Kelli discussed bras choices during some uniform fittings..

I’d think a thong or no VPL underwear. When I danced under our costumes we just wore thongs - although ours were not as revealing as their shorts can be. I’ve always wondered what they do when it’s their time of the month as not a chance can/could I wear white at that time.

13 hours ago, Bellisima08 said:

I like this idea. Be more in keeping with current trend too.

• Love 4

I think from years ago discussion that the there were built in panties in their tights so they didn’t wear any extra panties to avoid VPL.  They then cut the elastic waistband off as it is higher than the shorts which you see sometimes with the practice shorts.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 10/17/2021 at 8:28 AM, Cj1 said:

I like the shorts they wear now and love their practice uniforms. 

Lea is my new favorite. I think she should let her hair grow longer though. She is adorable and incredible dancer. I also really liked Ava and hope she comes back. She's young and made a mistake with that video. I am so happy we didn't have cell phones...facebook or Instagram when I was her age. I was really stupid then. 

I agree 100%. Lol because she reminds me of Alice from Twilight from some reason(I think it’s the cute nose). I remember when I saw her outside of the movie and I was woww she’s pretty and the big game changer for me was the hair. I could definitely find better pictures but 🤷🏽‍♀️ 

865F176F-499B-4013-8075-EF0E61FFB624.jpeg

DE34BA29-8C2A-46D7-84B2-C23A9CBD66CE.jpeg

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Bellisima08 said:

If I had my way, I'd combine the belt & hip-hugger design with the more covered look on the backside. I even love it if they made the shorts look more like white denim cutoffs with folded hems.

I freaking LOVE this idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That would be soooooo cute like a pair of white Levi cutoffs or whatever jeans they wear down there, such a CUTE idea!!!

Edited by TB12
  • Love 4

On a serious note, I feel so bad for Marissa. You can only imagine what else went on behind the scenes that led up to this. That has to be an extremely stressful situation when you have to question your safety in your environment. 

• Love 13

Another option is to take BC straight through the season, and skip a period entirely. That’s what I would have done. A little breakthrough spotting is a million times easier to deal with. Many of these women are a low enough body weight that they might skip fairly often anyway. Common enough for a lot of female athletes. 

Edited by kalibean
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, dfwxo said:

On a serious note, I feel so bad for Marissa. You can only imagine what else went on behind the scenes that led up to this. That has to be an extremely stressful situation when you have to question your safety in your environment. 

EBE67801-CC36-485E-9E29-5894F6D226B8.thumb.jpeg.609d8aa275f5506b895b8e41615d80b8.jpeg

someone on one of the DCC facebook groups had shared that Marissa shared this on her Facebook. Gabby was with that guy for about a year and engaged a year also around the same age, Marissa probably saw a lot of similarities. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, SMP637 said:

I love Lea's looks as well.  I think she's beautiful and she has serious pop.  If unconventional beauties like Sarah Gourley, Brooke Sorenson, Trisha Trevino and Ally Traylor can be rock star DCC and calendar girls, I don't see why some have an issue with Lea.

She reminds me of Jinelle who just needed some hair work.  It looks like Lea is growing her hair a bit.  She is one of my favorite rookies,  her dancing is amazing

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
20 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

My mom called them "step-ins."

I bet none of the DCC ever heard that word.

Every Southern mama knows this word...if they were raised in the South, odds are they know it...other names are panties, chones, drawers, undies, unders, etc...

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Pau84 said:

I actually don’t remember anyone saying they could see through him? Maybe I missed it. I know I was uncomfortable with how fast they were moving and how young they are, which is in itself a red flag at times. Her family and friends actually seemed to like him too. 

Anyway, as someone who unfortunately went through this, abusers don’t start off that way.  In public and for a very long time in a relationship they can be charming and appear very loving.  They can seem to be almost perfect, romantic, ideal partners. Cracks in that facade can take a while. They target people who believe the best in people and think that with enough love and forgiveness they can fix anything.  They won’t realize how one sided it is for a long time, that they are the only one compromising.  Abusers also slowly tear down people with emotional abuse, destroying their self confidence, destroying their bonds with other people, isolating them. In between, though they can be great. For long periods of time where you think, ok we’ve really fixed things.  It’s confusing and soul destroying.

It’s actually amazing that Marissa at her young age recognized it early enough not to get tangled up further with marriage and kids and called it off.  She’s a strong person.  

Other people aren’t that lucky.  Guarantee there is someone you know, right now, that you think is such a great guy, leader, or pillar of the community who terrorizes his family at home.  Someone you would have a hard time believing would ever be cruel.   

• Love 22
39 minutes ago, EvergreenLove said:

Total snark - does this beautiful girl ever not have a lifeless expression on her face?  It's borderline creepy.

I had the SAME thought i'm like jeez girl, you just got engaged are you not excited???

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, kalibean said:

Another option is to take BC straight through the season, and skip a period entirely. That’s what I would have done. A little breakthrough spotting is a million times easier to deal with. Many of these women are a low enough body weight that they might skip fairly often anyway. Common enough for a lot of female athletes. 

A lot of female athletes, especially those who train really hard and have to maintain a low body weight, struggle with their menstrual cycle. It often becomes irregular and may even stop completely for a while. When you also use hormonal birth control to skip (what’s left of) your natural cycle for months…I don’t know…  I’m not sure it’s a wise thing to do, despite some doctors saying it’s fine.

I just don’t trust those little buggers called hormones. They maintain a delicate balance and, as quite a few around here probably know, it’s a nightmare when that balance is disturbed. It may take a long while before it’s fully restored. And with that I don’t just mean your fertility/normal cycle but also your energy level and wellbeing.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

I’m very happy for Rachel!  I follow her on Instagram and saw a girl who seemed blissfully happy!  Rachel has a big smile going to kiss her fiancé and a big smile showing off her ring.  Her eyes are partially hooded ( so are mine) so she’s never going to have the wide eyed look to say she’s deliriously happy. 

it’s great to see her so happy!

as to Tanner. What a douche. At Marissa’s young age, it’s a good thing she started to see the real Tanner and get out of that relationship. 

• Love 20
6 hours ago, dccfan204 said:

Embarrassing for K&J when Travis said to Tori "why are you in pink?" 

Proves they made a mistake. Tori should not have been the one cut last year

Sydney or Alora-Rose should have been cut instead

I was thrilled Tori came back and did so well in TC this year, but something about her dancing footage doesn’t translate well on TV for me. Instagram and social media posts in classes and such look great, but on MTT? Not so much. I also remember this last year, and didn’t mind her cut.

I am also now feeling a bit of Tori OD. They feature her a lot on MTT, it would be nice if they covered other rookies and vets for a better balance.

All of this is a bit disappointing too because she was the returning TCC I was probably most excited about. Downhill ever since MTT teased her solo in a preview but then never showed it!

• Love 2
8 hours ago, TB12 said:

I freaking LOVE this idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That would be soooooo cute like a pair of white Levi cutoffs or whatever jeans they wear down there, such a CUTE idea!!!

OUUUUUUU I love this!

Make them a bit high waisted, can still have the belt, and avoid the diaper affect/muffin top that the current shorts tend to create. And jeans are made with so much stretch these days that it shouldn’t be a problem for dancing either. Make the vest of the same material and this could be a rlly good update to the uniform 👀

Edit: Then TPTB can brag abt Levi’s (or whoever) being the “official shorts of the DCC!” And each short being “custom ordered for each girl!”

Edited by BunnyHop96
Added
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, LilyD said:

A lot of female athletes, especially those who train really hard and have to maintain a low body weight, struggle with their menstrual cycle. It often becomes irregular and may even stop completely for a while. When you also use hormonal birth control to skip (what’s left of) your natural cycle for months…I don’t know…  I’m not sure it’s a wise thing to do, despite some doctors saying it’s fine.

I just don’t trust those little buggers called hormones. They maintain a delicate balance and, as quite a few around here probably know, it’s a nightmare when that balance is disturbed. It may take a long while before it’s fully restored. And with that I don’t just mean your fertility/normal cycle but also your energy level and wellbeing.

Probably TMI (lol) but just thought I’d weigh in. I, personally, despise Aunt Flo. I have an autoimmune disease that gets worse when I get my period. I got an IUD to help with this (stopped my periods completely) and it’s actually less hormones than the BCP I was on. This was a big concern for me b/c my mom had hormone driven breast cancer.

I was a youngen for the 13yrs I danced so I never considered anything other than BCP but the IUD has been a life changer in my mid20s. I also like that it can potentially stop my body from dropping eggs so I can preserve those buggers for when I want kids. I wouldn’t blame the girls if they took BCP/used an IUD/etc. to skip and not risk an accident/all the body changes (bloating) that come with your period.

Definitely to each their own tho and I don’t blame you or anyone else for having valid concerns!

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, BunnyHop96 said:

OUUUUUUU I love this!

Make them a bit high waisted, can still have the belt, and avoid the diaper affect/muffin top that the current shorts tend to create. And jeans are made with so much stretch these days that it shouldn’t be a problem for dancing either. Make the vest of the same material and this could be a rlly good update to the uniform 👀

Edit: Then TPTB can brag abt Levi’s (or whoever) being the “official shorts of the DCC!” And each short being “custom ordered for each girl!”

Thanks to everyone who liked my idea about redoing the shorts in white denim! I was just thinking about how popular cutoff shorts are and how you see people wearing them line dancing and stuff. You are right that jeans are made more stretchy nowadays so they could be fine to dance in. They could even use those jeggings that were really popular and have them made in white with the belt that has the blue stars. I like your idea of Levi's being the supplier of the shorts. That actually could be a really good marketing tie-in for both companies. I can just imagine the advertising slogan..."The all-American denim short for the all-American sweethearts"!

• Love 9
10 hours ago, dccfan204 said:

Embarrassing for K&J when Travis said to Tori "why are you in pink?" 

Proves they made a mistake. Tori should not have been the one cut last year

Sydney or Alora-Rose should have been cut instead

I don't think Alora-Rose should've been cut....I think she got a bad edit or she came back strong.  On all of the leader boards they've shown,  she's at the top.

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, SMP637 said:

I don't think Alora-Rose should've been cut....I think she got a bad edit or she came back strong.  On all of the leader boards they've shown,  she's at the top.

She had the same score as the rest and she was first cause of them alphabetically putting them up 

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

She had the same score as the rest and she was first cause of them alphabetically putting them up 

Yeah, but that still makes her top 10, and significantly higher than Group Leader Lexie, who hasn’t seemed to move much on the leaderboard.

• Love 6