Type keyword(s) to search

S17. E02: Week 2

• Start Topic

So, basically you can throw out nebulous accusations without anything to back it up and it’s accepted as fact.  She needs to send Karl home and why not Aaron too. He didn’t have any concrete examples and yet Katie is treating him as a confident and arbiter of who is here for duh-dun, “the right reasons”. They might as well change the name of this show. 

I think Katie is cute, but she looks like she’s playing dress up with her wardrobe selection. 

• Love 11

So, Bachelorette newbie here.(Yes, we do exist.) 

Katie needs to send Karl home right now. The fact that basically just blew it for the rest of guys to try to make himself look better is a HUGE red flag. Aaron and Thomas can go too. 

The whole mud wrestling thing was not attractive to me. I kept looking at the fact that Kaitlyn can’t move her mouth correctly. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, JenE4 said:

We never like the physical fighting dates—and yet they do one every damn season. 

I hate them, and I don't understand why nobody ever says that they don't believe in violence and will not participate.  I know, you have to be a "good sport" - but how does hurting someone you're not even mad at mean that you are a good husband?  

2 hours ago, bosawks said:

I feel like I should tell Katie that I’m here for the wrong reasons.

If the "wrong reasons" are to participate on this board and make fun of the show, then count me in as a wrong reasons watcher.  

• Love 13
(edited)

What a trouble maker that Karl turned out to be. First, as was pointed out during the show, this is clearly a competition for him. All his verbiage focused on the competition, not on Katie. Also, he never let her get a word in edgewise. He’s there to speak and be seen and grow his business.

Worse, that was a mean-spirited move, to tell Katie that “multiple” contestants are not there for her, but then not giving her any concrete information. He claims he doesn’t want to give her stress, which is precisely what he did, and then can’t back it up. It’s like telling a child “there are monsters under your bed,” and then closing the door and leaving the room. 

I believe that Cody was there for himself, but I think Aaron is less sincere than he appears. I hope Cody at least took his sex doll with him.

I hope we don’t hear anything bad about Greg. He’s the front runner so quickly that I worry it will burn out. I did feel they fit right in with each other. 

Hunter is a father, too?

ETA: I feel that having two other women there changes the dynamics in the house. Even though they are both engaged, it’s still a feminine energy that in my opinion can displace Katie somewhat. 

Edited by Arkay
  • Love 14
(edited)

Aaron makes vague accusations of Cody, Cody is asked to defend himself against accusations that he hasn't heard directly.  Katie says one of them is lying.  Really?  Maybe two guys have two different opinions.  She needs to get rid of Aaron ASAP.  He hijacks the group date to throw someone else under the bus.  What a jerk. 

speaking of jerks -   get rid of Karl too. he seems to be the type of "motivational speaker"  who manipulates people into buying into a multilevel marketing company. 

Edited by tinkerbell
  • Love 19

There were so many genuine and lovely moments this episode, so of course TPTB couldn't have that and had to initiate some tattle-taling and shit-stirring. Both Aaron and Karl would have been immediate "can I walk you out"s for me. Katie, focus on the cute and drama-free guys: Greg, Connor, Andrew, the guy who smiles a lot (John?), the guy who loves his mom, and the guy with the glasses.

I wasn't crazy about the guy she dry-humped on the group date. He looks like he has cheek implants.

3 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Oh, honey. This dress is hideous. I don’t know what’s worse: the cut, the color, or the shiny fabric in general—just all of it.

The matching eyeshadow was the worst part for me.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

There's something really unsettling to me about watching Thomas: he has the looks and persona of a creepy/handsome Lifetime Movie boyfriend that lays on a lot of passion and canned romance phrases, but gives very little information about himself.  I think a lot of handsome "nice guys" will be left in the dust this season if Kaitlyn continues to be blinded by sexual chemistry with guys without digging deeper to assess their character and values.  Mike and Andrew M remain my favorites; both absolutely stunning and really good guys- I don't think she'll pick either of them, but they'll have zero problems dating if they don't get a rose. 

• Love 7
8 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

The vagueness seems so weird, it almost seems like he actually showed Katie something the guy posted offscreen that upset her, or it feels so weird that she would so totally buy what this guy says when he has every reason to lie and throw the competition under the bus. Cody didn't even try to explain himself or anything that Aaron might have seen online, was something cut? Or is Cody just really bad at defending himself?

Cody seemed disinterested in defending himself and like Katie said, if it wasnt true why didnt he deny it? I was glad he went home. Aaron is now in the "protective friend" role. 

5 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Aaron makes vague accusations of Cody, Cody is asked to defend himself against accusations that he hasn't heard directly.  Katie says one of them is lying.  Really?  Maybe two guys have two different opinions.  She needs to get rid of Aaron ASAP.  He hijacks the group date to throw someone else under the bus.  What a jerk. 

speaking of jerks -   get rid of Karl too. he seems to be the type of "motivational speaker"  who manipulates people into buying into a multilevel marketing company. 

motivational speaker? All I want him to do is shut up. So obnoxious.

9 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Ugh lets not start cancelling cocktail parties due to pointless drama, I don't want to get Clare flashbacks. 

I was so glad she didnt do that. Hannah cancelled a lot to.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Kaitlyn is giving me some serious Janice Dickinson vibes. 

when plastic surgery has the opposite effect and makes you look older. I had to laugh, apparently kaitlyn has a ton of negative social media and claims the only procedure she had was her earlobe surgery. her right eye is distracting and I see her as jocelyn wildenstein someday.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

when plastic surgery has the opposite effect and makes you look older. I had to laugh, apparently kaitlyn has a ton of negative social media and claims the only procedure she had was her earlobe surgery. her right eye is distracting and I see her as jocelyn wildenstein someday.

It really is a shame.  She like many of the others was very pretty and didn't need to do that.  And of course viewers can see the differences, Kaitlyn.  There are plenty of before and afters on google as well to make it even more obvious.  

• Love 4
(edited)

Karl is a shit stirrer. Don't like him one bit. He set off a bomb and walked away from the carnage. If he's here to bolster his business, this was not the way to do it. 

Frankly, I think she should pick Greg now and be done with it. They are adorable together. 

I can't unsee Ron Pearlman when I look at Hunter. 

I really don't want to be spoiled, but I saw a news item about one of her finalists. I didn't read it, and I really wish they'd stop doing that. I prefer to seek spoilers out if I want them, not have them put out there for me to avoid. 

I wish she'd tossed both Cody and Aaron. 

Edited by jackjill89
more to add
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

Cody seemed disinterested in defending himself and like Katie said, if it wasnt true why didnt he deny it? I was glad he went home. Aaron is now in the "protective friend" role

I thought that Cody was kind of stuck, not knowing what he was being accused of (or maybe they just didn't show it)  besides "here for the wrong reasons."  He had said something to the effect of "I can't deny it if I don't know what it is."  There's more to the story, I'm sure. 

I would give so much credit for a bachelorette who said, "fine, you don't like one of the other guys.  Since you're having trouble focusing on what you're here for, and that other guy is distracting you, go home.   You don't have to deal with him.  

On the other hand, Aaron or Karl might be perfect for her, since, on the Bachelor, Katie was the start of the whole "bullying"  thing.  

• Love 6
15 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I'd send Colton (was that his name?) home for wearing plaid pants. I'd also send the other tattle tale guy home.

Cody! Not Colton! Thank you!

I kept thinking that Cody looks a lot like Colton to me . 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

If the "wrong reasons" are to participate on this board and make fun of the show, then count me in as a wrong reasons watcher.  

IMO that makes all of us Right Reasons viewers. I wouldn't bother with this dreck franchise if it weren't for the posters here.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Kind of interesting that there are almost as many (if not more) posts about one of the co-hosts than there are about the lead...

I've generally found on this franchise that when what's primarily shown is drama between the men or women in the house, it's because they had a hard time getting any footage of the lead being remotely interesting to watch.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
19 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Same here. With my other guilty pleasure Housewives, a lot of the appeal is the lifestyle, finding the women interesting, watching from the first seasons, etc. With Bachelor/Bachelorette, I solely watch to make fun. I don't take it seriously as far as thinking I'm watching this beautiful love story unfold. 

• Love 2

These men seem very nice, but I have yet to see any real personality from any of them.  Hey show, here's an idea.  Instead of showing us drah-ma that bores us to tears, how about showing us more of the one-on-one time where we could actually learn about the contestants and develop some loyalties that give us more of a stake in the outcome?

20 hours ago, Arkay said:

I believe that Cody was there for himself, but I think Aaron is less sincere than he appears.

I found it funny that Katie said "I don't know Karl" in terms of whether to believe what he was saying...like at this point she knows Aaron any better!  

16 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

There's something really unsettling to me about watching Thomas: he has the looks and persona of a creepy/handsome Lifetime Movie boyfriend that lays on a lot of passion and canned romance phrases, but gives very little information about himself.  

I am so glad that I am not the only one disturbed by Thomas.  He had an extremely laser-focused gaze locked on Katie, with eyes wide open.  And he absolutely sounded like he was just spouting platitudes.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, LuvMyShows said:

These men seem very nice, but I have yet to see any real personality from any of them.  Hey show, here's an idea.  Instead of showing us drah-ma that bores us to tears, how about showing us more of the one-on-one time where we could actually learn about the contestants and develop some loyalties that give us more of a stake in the outcome?

I really enjoyed Tayshia’s season mainly because we actually got to know the men as individuals with more focus on them having mostly positive interactions with each other and substantive conversations between various people on the show. It had the right amount of drama and no Karl the toxic motivational speaker.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

I found it funny that Katie said "I don't know Karl" in terms of whether to believe what he was saying...like at this point she knows Aaron any better!  

I am so glad that I am not the only one disturbed by Thomas.  He had an extremely laser-focused gaze locked on Katie, with eyes wide open.  And he absolutely sounded like he was just spouting platitudes.

Thomas is definitely a creepy/handsome Lifetime Movie boyfriend type.  What's crazy is that Katie is totally falling for it- I laughed out loud out of shock when she turned to Thomas and said, "I feel like I don't know anything about you" and then proceeded to passionately make out with him.  I can't say with 100% certainty two episodes in if he's a narcissistic sociopath- but his intense, unwavering stares and sexual magnetism along with scripted and unfeeling romantic one liners all seem pretty sleazy and sinister to me.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Katie seems like an awkward kisser.  It’s almost aggressive when she leans straight in—no head tilt—mashing mouths together.  She doesn’t relax into an embrace with the guy.  It doesn’t seem romantic or even pleasant.  Then the way she jumps back after the kiss.  Maybe it’s having all the cameras around?  It just seems like she’s really uncomfortable a lot of the time.

• Love 13
19 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

Karl is a shit stirrer. Don't like him one bit. He set off a bomb and walked away from the carnage. If he's here to bolster his business, this was not the way to do it. 

Frankly, I think she should pick Greg now and be done with it. They are adorable together. 

I really don't want to be spoiled, but I saw a news item about one of her finalists. I didn't read it, and I really wish they'd stop doing that. I prefer to seek spoilers out if I want them, not have them put out there for me to avoid. 

who is the one that looks like judge reinhold? wow its like hes a duplicate of him...

• Love 1
(edited)
On 6/14/2021 at 9:37 PM, tinkerbell said:

Kaitlyn is giving me some serious Janice Dickinson vibes. 

Yeah...magically morphed into blonde and then she shows up as a confidante with DARK hair and BIG LIPS!  Those who controlled Chris Harrison must be still at the helm.

Can't "quote" in this edit...so here's a copy:

ON 6/15/2021 AT 3:41 AM, NLKM9 SAID:

JenE4 commented:

Sounds like she misunderstood the question and instead pointed out what on her head is still her original parts.

Kaitlin.thumb.jpg.7e87d934d645dac0b246f2a80135c098.jpg

Edited by Back Atcha
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Real4real said:

Katie seems like an awkward kisser.  It’s almost aggressive when she leans straight in—no head tilt—mashing mouths together.  She doesn’t relax into an embrace with the guy.  It doesn’t seem romantic or even pleasant.  Then the way she jumps back after the kiss.

Every one of those moments is a BIG FAST-FORWARD for me.  They're all just too creepy.  "Almost aggressive" is the perfect term, Real4Real!

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

Thomas is definitely a creepy/handsome Lifetime Movie boyfriend type.  What's crazy is that Katie is totally falling for it- I laughed out loud out of shock when she turned to Thomas and said, "I feel like I don't know anything about you" and then proceeded to passionately make out with him.  I can't say with 100% certainty two episodes in if he's a narcissistic sociopath- but his intense, unwavering stares and sexual magnetism along with scripted and unfeeling romantic one liners all seem pretty sleazy and sinister to me.  

He's a creeper, but I was VERY IMPRESSED with his kissing technique.  Obviously practiced to perfection.

• Start the kiss sitting face to face
  • Slide right arm back around around her waist (stealthily).
  • Pull in and UP a bit.
  • UP more...and she's on your thigh/knee you've placed perfectly!
  • Caress her thigh with POWER!
  • Make out.  She's LOVING it!

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 6/15/2021 at 8:53 AM, jackjill89 said:

I do see it now...kind of a Mini-Me...Mini-Him.   Picture them together.

14 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

It had the right amount of drama and no Karl the toxic motivational speaker.

Karl, Toxic Motivational Speaker!!  Excellent, Stats Queen.

Maybe Triumph, the Insult Dog Comic could use him as an opening act.

InsultComicDog.png.e29a72f748d456fcaa42465faab81a4c.png

• LOL 5
On 6/15/2021 at 11:53 AM, jackjill89 said:

I'm so distracted by Karl's resemblance to John Francis Daley that I can just barely concentrate on his not at all disguised attempt to become the season's villain. I was multi-tasking during the show and thought for a moment that Katie was shutting his transparent shit-stirring down, but no. Her facial expression looked like she was thinking less of Karl for his vague accusations and maybe not believing them, but then she went out and cried to the whole group.

I know it's a "thing" to act like everyone there is fixated on a proposal, but in the age of Instagram shilling and pseudocelebrity from the show, it's likely that 100% of them have at least a few "wrong reasons" on their mind. To actually cry about it and be this upset this early on seems a bit over the top. It's not like she's invested much time into anyone at this point and the few connections she has made seem solid enough that a couple of nameless, completely vague accusations shouldn't be able to shake them.

I liked the end tag with cat guy, he seems like a fun guy to hang out with.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, ljenkins782 said:

I know it's a "thing" to act like everyone there is fixated on a proposal, but in the age of Instagram shilling and pseudocelebrity from the show, it's likely that 100% of them have at least a few "wrong reasons" on their mind. To actually cry about it and be this upset this early on seems a bit over the top. It's not like she's invested much time into anyone at this point and the few connections she has made seem solid enough that a couple of nameless, completely vague accusations shouldn't be able to shake them.

Yes - Does EVERY guy on the show have to be 100% committed to proposing to Katie if she chooses him?   That doesn't seem fair or possible.  You cannot agree, and then be obligated to fall in love and be ready to marry a person  you just met.  It would be normal for most of these guys to think that she's pretty and charming, and that MAYBE they'll have a connection, but, if that doesnt happen, maybe just being on the show will result in other opportunities for them.  That doesn't mean they're there for "wrong reasons,"   it just means they're open to the possibility of falling in love and being chosen, but also to the (more likely) possibility of that not happening. 

• Love 9

I think Katie came off as a little unhinged when she ran in crying and yelled to the group on the second day, "If you're not here for an engagement, then get out!" Some of these people haven't even talked to her yet- so how would they know if they even wanted to marry her? 😆

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

I think Katie came off as a little unhinged when she ran in crying and yelled to the group on the second day, "If you're not here for an engagement, then get out!" Some of these people haven't even talked to her yet- so how would they know if they even wanted to marry her? 😆

I don't think she meant "if you are not here to know that you will propose to me...", since, yes, they can't know at that time if they will want to marry her.  I think she meant "if you are not here to be open to this ending in an engagement", since that would (theoretically) rule out the people who are only there for publicity. 

• Love 2

I don't think she meant "if you are not here to know that you will propose to me...", since, yes, they can't know at that time if they will want to marry her.  I think she meant "if you are not here to be open to this ending in an engagement", since that would (theoretically) rule out the people who are only there for publicity. 

That's a great point and you're absolutely right! I didn't pick up on that!  I made the mistake of watching this week's episode at 1:30am when I normally go to bed at 10:30pm and I feel like I didn't observe the details of the episode very well since I kept drifting off to sleep despite the mud wrestling drama and Thomas the creepy hunk. 

• Love 1
18 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

That's true but it was still a silly display. It's not like the guys who are there for publicity are going to hear that, stand up, and shuffle off all "oh whoops, that's me, just here for the 'gram followers, let me get out of your way!!" 

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
(edited)
On 6/16/2021 at 8:49 PM, tinkerbell said:

Yes - Does EVERY guy on the show have to be 100% committed to proposing to Katie if she chooses him?   That doesn't seem fair or possible.  You cannot agree, and then be obligated to fall in love and be ready to marry a person  you just met.  It would be normal for most of these guys to think that she's pretty and charming, and that MAYBE they'll have a connection, but, if that doesnt happen, maybe just being on the show will result in other opportunities for them.  That doesn't mean they're there for "wrong reasons,"   it just means they're open to the possibility of falling in love and being chosen, but also to the (more likely) possibility of that not happening. 

Agreed.  I am getting tired of the new whining trend of the lead.  Understand you will have to weed through the crud, find the good ones, be flexible about the ending, and have some fun.  This is not a guarantee of marriage just as normal dating scenarios.  I really miss how this show used to be…same premise but not all of this wrong reason drama with lectures.

Edited by alexa
  • Love 14

I'm glad to see that the "you've known me for a collective 2.7 minutes now tell me how much you love me and will die for me" and "Watching men hurt each for entertainment is so sexy!!!" dates have been completed. Saved me from watching this week.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I'm WAY late on this post (catching up on the season now), but the Aaron/Cody conflict jumped out to me as likely political. Even if Aaron doesn't know Cody well, he'd have seen extreme posts on socials that might have given him a toxic impression (maybe the dude is alt-right like Garrett from Becca's season). Especially coming off the election year and a year when racists came out of the woodwork on social media to denounce BLM. It would make sense they couldn't show an actual conversation about that on air since it seems they steer away from naming names or putting out any real substance that might alienate any viewers (see exactly how long it took them to address race on this show). But to me that was my immediate assumption. And Cody would have known exactly what Aaron was referring to, but again, either couldn't defend that on camera or didn't have any ground to stand on if he's aware that Katie doesn't share those views.

Speculation on my part, I'm sure someone out there has found screenshots of whatever posts Aaron was referring to, but I'm not nearly invested enough to look for them.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3