Type keyword(s) to search

I Heart You: TV Star Crushes

• Start Topic

(edited)

Bumping it up with some history-making news: Idris Elba is the first man to ever be on the cover of Maxim magazine & it's about time.

That is going to freak out a lot of subscribers. :)

I sure hope so. If I've seen one scantily clad woman on the cover of Maxim, I've seen them all. Idris is a major upgrade, as far as I'm concerned. ;)

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 5

Bumping it up with some history-making news: Idris Elba is the first man to ever be on the cover of Maxim magazine & it's about time.

That is going to freak out a lot of subscribers :)

• Love 1

I spent the month of August watching all four seasons of "Episodes," which I had not seen before.  Not even a clip.  Nothing.

And by the end of the first season I found myself thinking: "When did Matt LeBlanc get so hot?"  Didn't do anything for me when he was Joey, but now?  Damn!

• Love 3

I just started watching Grimm and there is something about Sasha Roiz, who plays the police Captain that I find incredibly sexy.  He's not hot, imo, but definitely handsome (and there are some angles where he's more attractive than others).  But, there's something....his physique--including height--, the way he carries himself, his voice....maybe a combination of all three? Whatever it is, I'm enjoying watching him as much as I am David Guintoli, who I do find very hot. 

• Love 5

I just started watching Grimm and there is something about Sasha Roiz, who plays the police Captain that I find incredibly sexy.  He's not hot, imo, but definitely handsome (and there are some angles where he's more attractive than others).  But, there's something....his physique--including height--, the way he carries himself, his voice....maybe a combination of all three?

His body is INSANE!

Edited by Jeebus Cripes
  • Love 1

Julian Ovenden!

I liked him well enough on Downton Abbey, but last night I finally got around to watching the 2010 BBC Sondheim special and he took my breath away. Gorgeous, talented, charming. I was in heaven.

I'm not crushing on Iain De Caestecker, who plays Fitz on Shield, but I had to post this:  I always thought he was cute and I love his accent and character, but that was the size of it.  The other day, I saw an episode where he was in a suit and tie and glasses and my jaw about hit the ground.  He was hot!

That's what my Mute button is for.

I have a completely age inappropriate crush on Jason Ritter.  I've seen him in stuff before and thought he was decent, but he has sealed my never-ending adoration by his role(s) in Another Period and Drunk History,  As an added bonus, he did surprisingly well in his appearance on @Midnight.

• Love 1

Brett Dalton with a beard is pretty much the only thing keeping me watching Shield at this point. I almost waked away when he shaved it last season.

Funny you should say that because when he started shaving I said "noooo!!!" . Yeah, he's a looker, too. 

Other question: Would you ever keep watching a bad tv show just to watch a good actor?

No.  If it got too bad, I couldn't hang in there no matter how much I liked one of the actors.

I like Nikolaj Coster Waldau from GAME OF THRONES. And Sam Heughan on OUTLANDER.

Sam Heughan does nothing for me, but Nikolaj is incredibly yummy.  I've had quite a thing for him since I first saw him in New Amsterdam.  I've watched some pretty bad movies just to gaze upon his Danish beauty.

• Love 3

I've recently realized that my crush on Haley Ramm is the biggest reason I'm still watching Chasing Life. Aisha Dee is yummy too on that show. That Australian accent is damned sexy...

I'm still pissed Natalie Zea's character in Justified was put on a bus. Adding insult to injury, each and every character just wouldn't shut up about how Ava was most gorgeous woman in the history of the universe and all I could think of was that half the women we saw in this show were better looking, especially Winona.

Evelyne Brochu took a level in badass in season 3 of Orphan Black and in addition to that looked better than ever with her new straight her and her "I am the boss" look.

There's a brand new video game out called "Until Dawn" in which Rami does  the voice of one of the main characters.  All of the characters' faces are modeled off of the voice actors' faces.

Warning, if you go looking for the game online, it's a horror game.

Julian Ovenden!

I liked him well enough on Downton Abbey, but last night I finally got around to watching the 2010 BBC Sondheim special and he took my breath away. Gorgeous, talented, charming. I was in heaven.

His rendition of "Being Alive" is my second favorite, after Dean Jones from the original cast.

Brett Dalton with a beard is pretty much the only thing keeping me watching Shield at this point. I almost waked away when he shaved it last season.

Brett Dalton is also one of the voice actors in "Until Dawn".

Edited by Rick Kitchen
  • Love 1

That's what my Mute button is for.

I have a completely age inappropriate crush on Jason Ritter.  I've seen him in stuff before and thought he was decent, but he has sealed my never-ending adoration by his role(s) in Another Period and Drunk History,  As an added bonus, he did surprisingly well in his appearance on @Midnight.

He's in Another Period?  I'm going to have to go watch that now.  I've liked him since Joan of Arcadia (although not crushing) and he's great in Drunk History.  And now I remembered that came back yesterday and he was supposed to be in the episode.  Now I know what I'm watching tonight.

• Love 1

Other question: Would you ever keep watching a bad tv show just to watch a good actor?

Absolutely.  I am wild for Donal Logue and I'll watch him in anything. Obviously I'd prefer to watch him in  a great show like Terriers, but I watched all of Knights of Prosperity and I think am the only person I know who is actually looking forward to season two of Gotham.

ETA: AND I watched all of Grounded for Life.  I should be ashamed but I am not.  I am proud. 

Edited by ratgirlagogo
  • Love 3

My loyalty unfortunately does not go that far. Even if an actor is wickedly attractive and talented, I cannot watch a show that I don't like or that I think is bad.

I do this and have no regrets. This is why God invented the DVR and the forward button. This is how I got through the entire season of Dig, just to see Jason Isaacs.

• Love 3

Well, I did watch all 13 episodes of Crisis for Gillian Anderson, even though only the pilot was good.  But, otherwise, no.  (And had that not only been slated for 13 episodes, I'm sure I'd have thrown in the towel rather than suffering through a full season.)

Dylan O'Brien on Teen Wolf. Not only is he so pretty, he's also actually a good actor. Though I'm reaching the end of my rope since the show SUCKS SO BAD. I may have to quit and just resort to seeking out his pretty face on Tumblr. 

Sam Heughan does nothing for me, but Nikolaj is incredibly yummy.  I've had quite a thing for him since I first saw him in New Amsterdam.  I've watched some pretty bad movies just to gaze upon his Danish beauty.

I am now of the opinion that Sam Heughan of Outlander is only show hot. He is hot on the show but the majority of the time I see him outside of it.... just nope! His hair off the show is particularly tragic. 

Damn near the whole cast of Graceland is hot - Daniel Sunjata, Manny Montana and Brandon McLaren (I just can't with Aaron T). I will admit that I watched it religiously for just the pretty for 2 seasons because that show is just so bad to me, however, I had to quit it at the end of Season 2 and haven't bothered with Season 3. Pretty can only make me withstand but so much bad television.

Mads Mikkelson. He isn't what I would consider physically attractive but there is just something compelling about him.

Kevin Durant and Miguel Gomez on the Strain.

Matt Damon. Yes, more of a movie star but he was in that Liberace movie on HBO. 

Jeffrey Dean Morgan, ummm. So hot!!

Brett Dalton with a beard is pretty much the only thing keeping me watching Shield at this point.

The actual name of the show is Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. However, ITA that Brett Dalton is hot, with or without a beard.

I won't keep watching a show because of a good actor but I have a list of actors that I will give a chance to a show that I wouldn't normally watch if they are on it. It is how I discovered shows like Spartacus (At this point Lucy Lawless has to commit one of the big felonies to get off my girl crush list) and Sons of Anarchy.. Both shows I ended up liking. There are probably shows I didn't that I can't think of at the moment that I dropped....oh wait Under The Dome (Sorry Dean Norris!). Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 2

Mads Mikkelson. He isn't what I would consider physically attractive but there is just something compelling about him.

He oozes sex appeal, charm, and charisma. Those things go a long way.

The actual name of the show is Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. However, ITA that Brett Dalton is hot, with or without a beard.

I realize that, but I don't have time to type all those periods and capital letters. I also realize that Dalton is hot with or without facial hair, but I have a beard fetish that won't let up.  

• Love 2

I realize that, but I don't have time to type up all those periods and capital letters. I also realize that Dalton is hot with or without facial hair, but I have a beard fetish that won't let up.

Re the first point, I typed up the show by its name because there was a show called The Shield that was on several years ago and I don't them to be confused. As for the second point, to each their own.

Back to crushes, just when it seems like Dwayne Johnson couldn't be more awesome, he saved his two new puppies from drowning and looked hot doing it. Here's the story:

http://www.etcanada.com/blogs/etc_156300/dwayne-johnson-saves-his-new-puppy-from-drowning/

• Love 1

As far as I'm concerned...Christian Kane.  I don't care what show or what hair length (but for the record I prefer when he wears it long), he is just so damn hot I turn into a teenage puddle of goo when he's on TV.

I've also had quite a thing for Jordan Woolley, although I'd hardly call him a "star".  He did As the World Turns, I saw him on an episode on CSI Miami (an episode I watch quite often on Netflix), and he was on some show about models (a CW show, maybe?) but I don't think it made it past the first few episodes.

• Love 2

Will Patton in Falling Skies.

I don't have a crush on him but I also slogged (eventually) through all five fucking seasons, largely because of my fondness for him as an actor.

I just started watching Grimm and there is something about Sasha Roiz, who plays the police Captain that I find incredibly sexy.  He's not hot, imo, but definitely handsome (and there are some angles where he's more attractive than others).  But, there's something....his physique--including height--, the way he carries himself, his voice....maybe a combination of all three? Whatever it is, I'm enjoying watching him as much as I am David Guintoli, who I do find very hot. 

Shannon L., I find David hot but find Sasha white hot!

They continue to have him speak beautiful French, as well as Latin and German....he's quickly moving past David  :)

ETA:  And today I heard him speak Russian.  *sigh*  :)

Edited by Shannon L.
  • Love 2