Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E01: Dressed to the 90210s

• Start Topic

On 5/20/2021 at 10:43 AM, Avaleigh said:

I might be misreading their whole feud but I didn't get the impression that Garcelle is hating on Kyle for the reasons Kyle should IMO be criticized for. She doesn't seem like she's holding Kyle to task for the way she treated Denise or her inclination to be apart of gang ups or being a bad friend or anything like that. Kyle seemed like she rubbed Garcelle the wrong way from the get go and things just sort of escalated from there. I just feel like I haven't seen anything so severe from either side that they shouldn't be able to move forward with their just-for-the-show friendship. 

Agreed though that it would be nice to see Rinna, Kyle and Dorit all get their comeuppance along with Erika. I'm still annoyed that they've all been allowed to treat people like shit season after season with minimal to no blowback. The way Erika speaks to people like she did with Eileen and others and it's basically laughed off as Erika being Erika and that her behavior is somehow justified is maddening. Based on the upcoming clips in this episode I'm already on Sutton's side now that I see that she's going to get a dose of Erika's sinister side.

Erika did Broadway because they ran out of people, so she should cut the shit.

• Love 16
8 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I noticed something in Erika's house that I don't recall seeing before - there were several portraits/paintings of Erika placed throughout the house that seemed very incongruous with the rest of the furnishings/decor.

It made me wonder if Tom and Erika had some inkling of things that were to come, and began divesting themselves of valuable artwork (or, at least hiding it somewhere).

Didn't Tom give her a masterpiece original peice of art a couple of seasons ago?  I seem to remember that was a gift to her.

Erika’s house inside looks so dark and gloomy.  I never see any light or windows. A rich man’s house.  It doesn’t have a woman’s touch.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Maybe they are? Kyle could conceivably have known JLC since she (Kyle) was like 8(ish) years old.

It's not that I don't think that Jamie Lee Curtis is Kyle's friend. It's that I think that there are a million other things that you can use to describe her. It just seems like it devalues her.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, Hangin Out said:

Erika did Broadway because they ran out of people, so she should cut the shit.

Then they ran out of audience (due to COVID). But pre COVID I find it hard to believe her presence would have have made a huge increase in attendees.

What a long 14+ plus months of being shutdown because of COVID. I had been actually been very isolated from others because of unknowns, being high risk, and two delayed orthopedic surgeries. I think my whole upstairs is smaller than Erika’s closet. However, we live within or below our means, and we are not scamming and conniving clients.

Also, her love of latex - yikes. I’m highly allergic to latex, so when I see some of her outfits I experience involuntary itching.

Haven’t seen Erika wearing much orange -  can she pull it off?

I hope Tom really doesn’t has dementia or Alzheimer’s because I think he needs to actually suffer for his crimes (unlike Ken Lay and Jeffrey Epstein who got off way too easily at least on this plane of existence 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
(edited)
3 hours ago, jinjer said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfddO2s390EhctOeB0FP1

I think Kenya did the Barbie Dress first a couple of season ago on Atlanta!

Oooh, nice catch @jinjer!  I thought that dress costume looked familiar. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

It's not that I don't think that Jamie Lee Curtis is Kyle's friend. It's that I think that there are a million other things that you can use to describe her. It just seems like it devalues her.

Yeah, in that sense it was kind of odd to give her the same treatment as a random nonfamous “friend of, or even not to also include like “/actor” or whatever.

• Love 6

I rewatched the episode this morning and the thing that jumped out at me is that I actually thought that Garcelle and Rinna were on the same page at where they are in their relationship and that Sutton was stirring the pot a bit by claiming that Rinna thought that they were "good."

Rinna's conversation with Dorit was that she thought that she and Garcelle were "going to be okay," which says to me that she knows that they aren't 100 percent there yet.  I don't know what she said to Sutton but it doesn't sound to me that Rinna thinks everything is now over between her and Garcelle.

I'm not a huge fan of Sutton's, to be fair. I do agree with Crystal's preview assessment that Sutton is kind of awkward. I don't think she's necessarily a bad person but it feels to me like she's not comfortable in her skin. 

• Love 6
On 5/20/2021 at 7:51 PM, Dutchgirl said:

Erika: “The gang is back together!” Gross.

An appropriate label, in light of their recent "gang-ups."  

I wonder if they are going to go after this season's low hanging fruit- Erika.  Unlikely.  

• Love 9
On 5/19/2021 at 8:48 PM, Julyolo said:

Was Kyle going for the stuffed sausage look in that dress?

On 5/19/2021 at 10:41 PM, RealHousewife said:

When it comes to Kyle's ensemble, my reaction was very Phoenix. "I can see your boobies!"

Once again - Kyle doesn't know how to dress for her body shape. The dress itself was great and so was it's print and shape. She needed to go 2 sizes up up and not wear the canoli shell type Spanx. She chose that kind of Spanx because she needed to smooth out the lumps and bumps and to suck in her gut. Unfortunately the canoli shell filling has to go somewhere - and this pushed all of her fat into the underside of her boobs. This in turn created the Marie Antoinette/Tavern Wench look.

tenor.gif

• Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

Then they ran out of audience (due to COVID). But pre COVID I find it hard to believe her presence would have have made a huge increase in attendees.

What a long 14+ plus months of being shutdown because of COVID. I had been actually been very isolated from others because of unknowns, being high risk, and two delayed orthopedic surgeries. I think my whole upstairs is smaller than Erika’s closet. However, we live within or below our means, and we are not scamming and conniving clients.

Also, her love of latex - yikes. I’m highly allergic to latex, so when I see some of her outfits I experience involuntary itching.

Haven’t seen Erika wearing much orange -  can she pull it off?

I hope Tom really doesn’t has dementia or Alzheimer’s because I think he needs to actually suffer for his crimes (unlike Ken Lay and Jeffrey Epstein who got off way too easily at least on this plane of existence 

If she’s a dancer, I’m a dancer.  A bunch of men holding her up while she does a split is not a dancer.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I love Garcelle so much. She is so normal.

Kyle looks afraid of her.  For a few bucks, she shouldn’t have said Garcelle didn’t pay up for the Charity thing.  That was insulting.

• Love 11
(edited)

Not buying Kyle’s injury on the movie set (reminds me of Carrie Underwood’s “accident”). I think she just wanted to tweak her nose again, because many of these housewives are obsessed with having the smallest, slimmest noses possible while still being able to breathe. 

Having said that, she looks great and at least 10 years younger. She looks 40-something instead of 50-something. Her surgeon does good work. I think she had a facelift too or something else done with the rhino. I think her nose look odd in the scene in the car because of swelling. It can take up to two years for swelling to go down and nose’s final shape to be revealed, especially after a second or third rhinoplasty. (I speak from experience.) In the THs, her nose looks very slim. 

Still cannot stand Lisa and wish she was off this show. It bothers me that she wasn’t held accountable for how vicious she was to Denise. She looked awful in the scene with Garcelle while Garcelle looked gorgeous. Lisa’s wig was askew or something because it looked fake and her face kind of gaunt and haggard. 

I have no sympathy for Erika. I’m surprised she is still on this show. I don’t believe a word she says. In the THs it looks like she’s had extra lip plumper in her top lip, which IMO wasn’t necessary. 

I’m not sure about Kathy. She didn’t have a very big presence on the first episode. Is she a main cast member or friend? I didn’t see any opening credits. She and Kyle don’t seem close. 

Dorit looked gorgeous in every scene. 

I like Sutton. New woman seems ok so far. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, Sweet-tea said:

Still cannot stand Lisa and wish she was off this show. It bothers me that she wasn’t held accountable for how vicious she was to Denise. 

I know! They are just going to sweep it under the rug now. It was absolutely despicable behavior yet again from her.

• Love 20
5 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Kyle was regaling the story of Kathy's dentistry experiments on the young kids in the neighborhood.

The camera zooms in on Kathy's frozen face smirking

I swear I heard the music from Psycho

Smirking? How could you tell? 😁

• LOL 13
(edited)

I really don't get the appeal of Kathy Hilton.  I mean, I get that they want to recreate the Kyle/Kim dynamic but Kathy doesn't actually have much charisma, IMO. 

Also, I have to give Dorit's kids credit for their accurate criticism of her outfit. "It's a robe!" was one of the most devastating critiques of the fashion on these shows ever to be heard. 

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
  • LOL 8
  • Love 8
On 5/21/2021 at 7:22 PM, goofygirl said:

After seeing the preview where Erika snarls at Sutton "Don't ever call me a liar again" or what the frickever, I'm reminded of her snarling at Eileen a few years ago.  She did it to Teddi too.

I'm thinking this is her go-to... And she thinks she's gonna bully people with the snarl. Which is offputting, for sure.

But now??? WITH ALL THE WIDOWS, ORPHANS AND BURN VICTIMS?????

Just silly. And PATHETIC.  Hoping for those closets to be emptied out, e-bay'd, SOLD. To pay that debt to those people!

I want the creditors to demand her designer bags like they did to Taylor Armstrong...

And Taylor had to admit all of those oh so chic Birkin bags were fake and had no real value.  

I'd love to see Erika in a similar position.  

Or maybe having to admit her "family jewels" with which she draped herself with that godawful pink tutu are actually paste and not real.  

I understand Bravo brought her back this season for the legal woes drama, but I really hope they cut her loose next season.  

On the immature side, I wish Sutton would have pushed Erika out of her chair when she threatened her.  "THAT'S WHAT ELSE, BITCH."  I would have but then at times I can revert to being 12 years old.  

• Love 14
On 5/21/2021 at 10:56 AM, Hiyo said:

I like Kyle overall and I think she has a nice body, but she rarely dresses for her body. She wear clothes like she has Dorit’s or Brandi’s body, which leads to looks which are not flattering at all on her. All she needs to do is take those outfits to a tailor, have them altered to fit her body correctly, and she would probably look a whole lot better.

Kyle refuses to believe she has been 2 sizes larger than she was in her teens. She is a shopaholic and buys off the rack clothes from designers.

In Kyle's case, the boobs also cause an issue. She buys a size 2 when she should be buying a size 6 in let's say a dress. The dress that should be hitting just above the knee is now a mini dress because of the boobage factor. The rest of the dress is just too tight all over - and she looks like she'll implode any second. She doesn't hire a "tailor" because the too small clothes she buys is plastered to her body.

Dorit had her boobs fixed. One used to have a deflated sagging appearance. Sadly now it just looks like she took 2 spaghetti sqashes and glued them to her chest

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Once again - Kyle doesn't know how to dress for her body shape. The dress itself was great and so was it's print and shape. She needed to go 2 sizes up up and not wear the canoli shell type Spanx. She chose that kind of Spanx because she needed to smooth out the lumps and bumps and to suck in her gut. Unfortunately the canoli shell filling has to go somewhere - and this pushed all of her fat into the underside of her boobs. This in turn created the Marie Antoinette/Tavern Wench look.

tenor.gif

Is she still doing those ridiculous splits? She’s going to break a hip one day if she keeps it up.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1

Erika is nasty.  That face she makes like everyone should be afraid of her.  She should be shamed for showing all her unnecessary clothes and jewels on t.v. When people were robbed of their law suits, women, children, etc.  And those lips that she keeps licking as they probably bother her.  Where’s Tom BTW?

• Love 13
On 5/20/2021 at 2:34 PM, Juliegirlj said:

So far I’m team Garcelle and Sutton. Kathy Hilton reminds me of Martha Stuart. Rinna is vile- and not in a fun to hate way. Just gross. 

I want to wallpaper my hallway with this post.

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Persnickety1 said:

I want the creditors to demand her designer bags like they did to Taylor Armstrong...

And Taylor had to admit all of those oh so chic Birkin bags were fake and had no real value.  

Or maybe having to admit her "family jewels" with which she draped herself with that godawful pink tutu are actually paste and not real.  

I understand Bravo brought her back this season for the legal woes drama, but I really hope they cut her loose next season.  

On the immature side, I wish Sutton would have pushed Erika out of her chair when she threatened her.  "THAT'S WHAT ELSE, BITCH."  I would have but then at times I can revert to being 12 years old.  

Unfortunately, she had plenty of other people's money to buy the real thing.  Hopefully, her ill-gotten gains can be sold and some of the money recouped.  The $40,000 per month glam squad money is, unfortunately, down the drain.

• Love 8
(edited)
On 5/21/2021 at 12:35 PM, Hiyo said:

Sutton to me has something in common with Kyle, she dresses for someone else’s body and not her own.

Agree and disagree.

Kyle hears what is trending from Fashion Week - be it the color, prints, skirt or dress length. She'll buy from any known designer if it is currently trending.

Heck, if they said Green Top Hats are trending this year...expect to see Kyle on camera looking like a leprechaun. Prime example would be those Gladiator sandals she was sporting years ago. I was waiting for Kyle to belly bomb Andre the Giant from the corner of the ring,

Sutton, on the other hand is designer driven. She has a handful of designers she is incredibly loyal to. She will buy whatever they have that is new. Do you remember that corset top she bought from D & G that she didn't even know how to put on?

Both of them don't think - does this shade of yellow compliment my skin? Is this print too busy for me? The model that walked down the runway has boobs 10 times smaller than mine and she's 5' 11 and I'm 5'.

Both seem to lack confidence in carrying off a look. It also seems like the clothes are wearing them

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 17
18 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

Not buying Kyle’s injury on the movie set (reminds me of Carrie Underwood’s “accident”). I think she just wanted to tweak her nose again, because many of these housewives are obsessed with having the smallest, slimmest noses possible while still being able to breathe.

I also don't believe.

She said it was on the movie set of Halloween, which during the last season she was already promoting the movie they had finished filming. I doubt that once production wrapped there was any scene so important that they had to go back to shoot.

No way in hell if Kyle really broke her nose would she have waited so long to get it fixed. She's a hypochondriac especially when it comes to her looks as opposed to health.

I think she felt they were off season and no signs of when they'd go into production for the new season - she thought she would have time to get the nose job and recover before filming started.

I understand things were different state to state. Here in NY, only life saving surgeries were allowed during Covid. No elective surgeries. People were even encouraged to postpone chemo. When they finally allowed surgeries here such as knee replacement - you were in and out of the hospital the same day. It did surprise me that fraidy cat would do elective surgery during Covid

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Kiss my mutt said:

They need to take all of Erika’s money and make her work as a cocktail waitress again. 

I agree with this completely, except with one minor change. Erika should work at some place where she would have zero to no chance of  snagging another older rich man!  I am thinking of something like at the front desk of an OB/GYN office with all-female practitioners!

Maybe Kathy had a hand in installing Kyle's new veneers last season? Was the the most interesting tidbit production could come up with about Kathy?

I thought Rinna's outfit was cool. On a more likeable person, it would have been just a fun pantsuit. BTW, what I want to know is what is going on that look in Rinna's confessionals? I'm talking about the one with the too dark makeup and the weird bouffant wig. When I first saw it, I thought she was trying to recreate Cindy Crawford's look from that George magazine cover ages ago.  Also, because Rinna mentioned being friends with CC. Whatever the case, it ain't working. 

Actually, I would have preferred to have watched Mo and PK's night out. Like them or not, it would have been a helluva lot more entertaining, I'm sure!

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
(edited)

"cocktail waitress"

Snort.

Minkoff is stunning. I'm a sucker for conservative elegance.

With the exception of Minkoff and Dorit, I was very disappointed in the fashions at the "BBQ."

Erika's fat lips: maybe one of the widows found her and popped her one.

Kathy seemed off. Maybe nerves.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Kiss my mutt said:

They need to take all of Erika’s money and make her work as a cocktail waitress again. 

Yes.  I don’t even know how she has the nerve to be on this show again .. with an attitude no less.  She’s walking around like nothing is wrong.  Where’s Tom, the other crook.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Also, I have to give Dorit's kids credit for their accurate criticism of her outfit. "It's a robe!" was one of the most devastating critiques of the fashion on these shows ever to be heard. 

Who needs Mikey when you have Jagger and Phoenix?

• LOL 12
  • Love 6

I thought Rinna was channeling an 80 year old Joan Collins in her talking heads. She just looks ridiculous to me. 
I love Crystal’s understated style. It will be nice to have some actual elegance to contrast against some of these outlandish outfits going on. 

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I thought Rinna was channeling an 80 year old Joan Collins in her talking heads. She just looks ridiculous to me. 
I love Crystal’s understated style. It will be nice to have some actual elegance to contrast against some of these outlandish outfits going on. 

OMG, when I saw Rinna in the black wig .. she looked about 85 yrs old.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Hangin Out said:

Yes.  I don’t even know how she has the nerve to be on this show again .. with an attitude no less.  She’s walking around like nothing is wrong.  Where’s Tom, the other crook.

I felt this way seeing all the post-season social media posts she made.  Lots of scantily clad soft porn type shots of her without a care in the world.  A little humility and an apology would go a long way...

• Love 11
(edited)
5 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

No way in hell if Kyle really broke her nose would she have waited so long to get it fixed. She's a hypochondriac especially when it comes to her looks as opposed to health

I don’t get it because I thought her nose looked fine before the surgery. Hadn’t she already had at least one nose job? Why are these women so obsessed with super slim, tiny noses? Aren’t they worried about their breathing?

OMG, when I saw Rinna in the black wig .. she looked about 85 yrs ol

She looked ridiculous and her emaciated frame made her head look huge in that wig. Is she getting skinnier or just shrinking as she ages, because all I see are these gigantic lips and bulging eyes on a scrawny body. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 6
On 5/21/2021 at 9:34 PM, Stats Queen said:

If I shelled out $250 for a couple of tickets to a Broadway musical and a no-talent poser like Erica Girardi was playing a major role, I'd be royally pissed.  

• Love 14
1 hour ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I felt this way seeing all the post-season social media posts she made.  Lots of scantily clad soft porn type shots of her without a care in the world.  A little humility and an apology would go a long way...

I saw this, too. She was as arrogant and as shameless as ever, leaning into it. I want to know what her son thinks.

Dorit’s son is funny. Did he also threaten to cut her off? No more hugs and kisses?

Dorit seemed so blah, reacting to her son. I guess she can’t think on her feet.

• Love 3

I can believe Kyle broke her nose on set and had to wait until California Covid rules allowed elective surgery again to get it fixed. California shut down so much during the height of the pandemic and I can see Kyle being loyal to a BH plastic surgeon/too snobbish to go to another state to get it fixed. Where I live, they started allowing elective surgeries again in October 2020 and I had an elective surgery then that I had put off for a while. 

Can someone clarify the Erika/Tom timeline for me? She's acting and talking like nothing is wrong so I was confused on when they started filming. Was it well before the scandal came to light? If so, I hope we get to see the downfall play out, but just last week Erika was out and about with Kyle, Lisa, Teddi, and Dorit, so I don't think she'll get taken down like many of us are hoping. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Dorit’s son is funny. Did he also threaten to cut her off? No more hugs and kisses?

Oh right, yes he did!  Wonder where the kid learned that.... watching Mommy and Daddy no pay, no play?  😉

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, emma675 said:

I can believe Kyle broke her nose on set and had to wait until California Covid rules allowed elective surgery again to get it fixed. California shut down so much during the height of the pandemic and I can see Kyle being loyal to a BH plastic surgeon/too snobbish to go to another state to get it fixed. Where I live, they started allowing elective surgeries again in October 2020 and I had an elective surgery then that I had put off for a while. 

Can someone clarify the Erika/Tom timeline for me? She's acting and talking like nothing is wrong so I was confused on when they started filming. Was it well before the scandal came to light? If so, I hope we get to see the downfall play out, but just last week Erika was out and about with Kyle, Lisa, Teddi, and Dorit, so I don't think she'll get taken down like many of us are hoping. 

Rinna and others posted on social media about filming around October 4; production had likely begun a week or two prior. Erika filed for divorce in November, which highlights how jarringly quick the turnaround was. 

Erika won’t be taken down this season by virtue of the fact that those in the cast shoring her up appear to outnumber those directing any skepticism her way. But that’s not to say legal consequences in the future are impossible; the case against the Giudices took several years to build, after all. 

ETA: If production had really wanted to lean in to an Erika pile-on, it would have been a rather simple measure to bring back Camille mid-season. She would have called bullshit on the spin and eaten Erika UP had she attempted to bully her the way she evidently does to Sutton.

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 13
(edited)

ETA: If production had really wanted to lean in to an Erika pile-on,

I think production will orchestrate the entire cast's response to Erika's revelations. They want to keep Erika for the viewers her scandal brings. Also, timing...thus far she hasn't been charged or arrested and they have to be careful to avoid defamation.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
On 5/23/2021 at 7:05 AM, Persnickety1 said:

I hope Sutton, or SOMEONE, gets in front of that snarl and says what are you gonna do?  Are you threatening me?  Stand up to her!  Don't quiver and tear up.  A bully needs it back in their face.  Like Erika, who has one leg in an orange suit, is going to add assault to her list of charges.  HA!

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
14 hours ago, lunastartron said:

ETA: If production had really wanted to lean in to an Erika pile-on, it would have been a rather simple measure to bring back Camille mid-season. She would have called bullshit on the spin and eaten Erika UP had she attempted to bully her the way she evidently does to Sutton.

I don't really believe that. Camille talks a tough game but she also has the tendency to back down if she thinks she isn't going to get support from the rest of the women. 

Re Kyle - IMO, it doesn't really matter if she broke her nose or not on the set of Halloween. I'm inclined to think that she didn't, that she just wanted a nose job, but she concocted a story to save face. But I still give her credit for not hiding the actual nose job part of it. 

• Love 1