Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E01: Dressed to the 90210s

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Stats Queen said:

Kyle lives in that absolutely beautiful house and but animal print carpet up the stairs and painted the walls pink?

And the neon in her entry way...Doesn't Faye Resnik help Kyle with the interior decorating?  I loved the house that she is now renting to Sutton, it was beautifully decorated.

• Love 8

Hey everyone,

Please be careful when discussing the season preview that aired at the beginning of the episode.  The teaser deliberately withheld details that I am sure they will show in later episodes.  Many of those details are readily available online. While it might be tempting to bring in that knowledge while discussing that teaser, those details would be considered spoilers for this thread.  

The only details in the teaser about what happened between Erika and Tom were: lawsuits, widows, orphans and divorce.  That's it.  Details beyond that belong in Erika's thread.  Not here. 

Thank you!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Did they really just label Jamie Lee Curtis as Kyle's friend?!?!

Jamie Lee did it herself when she appeared on the show!  I couldn't believe how long ago it was when they showed the year!

4 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

The show is full of bullies and con artists. Garcelle doesn't fit in. 

Ah she kind of does - she was a bitch to Kyle in her speech at her charity event last year before they ever even mixed; starts off this year naming her goldfish Kyle because she's so blah and ordinary.  She lost me when she greeted Dorit in an outfit with CHANEL blazoned across her boobs and a billion barrettes in her hair - if I thought she had meant it ironically I could have gotten on board, but sadly I think she was serious, and possibly trying to impress.

4 hours ago, goofygirl said:

Bugger off Erika.  And guess what stupid ass??  " The bigger your life is, the bigger your problems are" bullshit is gonna hopefully jump up your PHONY ASS and bite you!  BIG!

Yeah a life that's SO BIG that a week or two of alone time has you off to the psychiatrist for anti-depressants?  Sounds like a pretty small life to me.

This is not a spoiler - when I see the scenes from upcoming episodes I have a hard time telling if I'm looking at Kathy or Dorit.  But in the final scene of this ep with Kathy she gave a certain smile, and it took me a minute to figure out who I was looking at but . . . Caitlyn Jenner 😳. The other one that took me a minute or two was Rinna in one of her "between scenes" poses in a long blue dress with long hair hanging down and a high pony above - combination hairdo + plastic surgery face = Charo 😆. And Dorit needs to stop with the tightly pulled back hair look - in profile it really highlights her fillers/surgery.

I did like Sutton's dress the best - it was pretty, the fringe was great, and it flattered her odd little bod.  I didn't like anyone else's, and hated Rinna's pantsuit.  Also hated Crystal's black whatever.  And I see that they're bringing my pet peeve from the Dallas HWs to BH:  unmasked in the car together, and in the houses together, but wearing the mask from the car to the door.  Please 🙄

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
(edited)

The best thing about RHoBH is that there is no one named Leah in the cast. What a breath of fresh air that is. 

I loved all the outfits that the ladies wore to Dorito's non BBQ. With the exception of the new howife's outfit which was boring AF. Rather than age shame the others and make that the reason that they wear bright colours, new girl should hope that she develops some fashion sense as she ages. Also interesting that pretty much all of the cast are younger than her husband. Does she age shame him too? 

I really hope Garcelle moves on from last year. Her continued ragging on Kyle is as boring as Leah's is of Ramona on NY. I hope she has something else to bring to the table this season. 

Did Dorito move again? While her back yard looked lovely, I don't remember the front of her house being so ugly. 

Is it too much to hope that this may be one of the last episodes that we ever see Mikey?

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, princelina said:

I have a hard time telling if I'm looking at Kathy or Dorit.

For me, it was Sutton and Kathy.  Every time one of them would appear, it took me a few seconds to recognize who it was.  I think they're about similar height and similar coloring and similar hair lengths.  

Crystal is beautiful but I feel for her daughter if she really valued having a boy child so much that she used Traditional Chinese Medicine/Methods to make that happen.  The issue for me isn't whether or not those methods worked but rather that she wanted it to happen. 

I thought this episode was called "Dressed to the 20s" and I was really confused where the swinging outfits were.  I quite liked Rinna's suit.  I had a shirt that looked similar to her suit and it was probably the shirt I got complimented on the most. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Why are viewers stuck with season after season of Rinna? I can’t stand the way she laughs at herself in her talking heads. Her apology was stupid. At least in the first episode we didn’t have to see her dumb ugly bulimic brat daughters. 
Garcelles just acting too. I doubt she gives a f about Rinna. I’m here for her not liking Kyle.
Dorits kids telling her that her dress looked like a robe with her boobs out! 🤣 At least someone on the show has some sense. 

On a Covid note, I went back to work at the end of last summer. I didn’t hug any of my coworkers and that wouldn’t have changed if they had told me they were recently tested. I find all these post quarantine get togethers a bit off putting.

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • Love 17

I really need Rinna and her bad acting gone, like years ago.  And Jen Shah wore that Blanche's wallpaper suit better.

Why is Kyle having surgery and styling to look more and more like LVP?  And what happened that Mo is now asshole buddies with PK?  Is Kathy on the show now to publicly revel in the fact that Mo is exposed as being super shady in buisness?

Sutton apparently got the memo that bangs aren't her friend.  That's one upside.  The other is Garcelle.  I so, so hope she goes after Rinna in some kind of way.  This show always disappoints, so I have little hope, but maybe.  I don't want all the drama being Erika's fake tears and the new gal going after Sutton.  New gal is very annoying.  She's very Teddi-ish.

• Love 13

I felt really bad that the likes of Erika and the other HW's were so bored in their mansions not worrying about their job or paycheck to pay the mortgage, just wandering the hallways in their Prada and Gucci...cry me a river.  

Kathy's presence seems mild compared to Kim being on screen.

I loved Sutton's dress she wore to the party.  Maybe I missed it but why is Sutton renting Kyle's house (she didn't sell it to purchase her new one, wow!).

The jury (for me) is still out on Crystal, she seems chill but she could be a lunatic with a little prodding and some booze.

I just realized that Teddi was not in the cast, yup she was that boring last year.

Dorit's home is really beautiful, her kids are cute but lord I could not get in bed with PK...not even on a dare.

Lisa Rinna's hair looked awful at her dinner with Garcelle, I guess her glam squad is on hold till after the pandemic?

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I felt really bad that the likes of Erika and the other HW's were so bored in their mansions not worrying about their job or paycheck to pay the mortgage, just wandering the hallways in their Prada and Gucci...cry me a river.  

Kathy's presence seems mild compared to Kim being on screen.

I loved Sutton's dress she wore to the party.  Maybe I missed it but why is Sutton renting Kyle's house (she didn't sell it to purchase her new one, wow!).

The jury (for me) is still out on Crystal, she seems chill but she could be a lunatic with a little prodding and some booze.

I just realized that Teddi was not in the cast, yup she was that boring last year.

Dorit's home is really beautiful, her kids are cute but lord I could not get in bed with PK...not even on a dare.

Lisa Rinna's hair looked awful at her dinner with Garcelle, I guess her glam squad is on hold till after the pandemic?

She sold her $7M+ Bel Aire Mansion for a $5M+ Bel Aire mansion that needs work, so she's renting Kyle's old place while her new place gets a face lift. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 3

Glad the show is back. 

Just like with Eboni, I want to give Crystal a few episodes before I form an opinion. As with Eboni though so far so good. She seems like she could have a sly sense of humor. We'll see.

I'm glad that Garcelle isn't totally letting Rinna off of the hook for being a bitch last season. I do wish that Kyle and Garcelle could get along though. Their feud seems so petty, I can hardly remember what it was about. When I think of all the feuds across the RH franchises this one seems so minor they really should just put it to bed.

I thought the "BBQ" (these ladies still don't know what a BBQ is) fashion was filled with misses. Kyle's dress was terrible and looked like it didn't properly fit. Rinna's suit was like if Versace decided to dress a Batman villian. Erika looked like a lampshade you'd find in the home of an aging madam. Dorit looked like she joined the ladies from the AVN Awards. 

Crystal's look might have been a little boring but she still looked cute just understated. I thought the others looked fine.

Looking forward to the shit hitting the fan for Erika. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 16
11 minutes ago, nosedive said:

When there are multiple Housewives shows on, I can't keep track of which one/s I fell asleep during.  

all of them have just been a snore this season ... I was scared this was gonna follow that like the first couple of episodes of NY have but fingers crossed

• Love 1

I think Garcelle fits in fine. She's certainly not perfect and can be shady. I think she was unnecessarily antagonistic towards Kyle last season and Kyle got back at her with the Children's Hospital thing but I also think it's fine for her to confront Kyle on whether or not there were any racial overtones in her actions. I'll be interested to see what that conversation yields. 

• Love 10

Kathy performed dental work on the neighborhood kids when she was little?  So she's basically Lawrence Olivier in Marathon Man.  Not strange at all.

The dress Kyle wore to the BBQ was too short and too tight.  Yikes!

• LOL 6
  • Love 12
13 hours ago, Batwings said:

Ugh, Rinna and her frigging pantsuits. She looks like the Riddler. 

4 hours ago, Lizzing said:

...Blanche's wallpaper suit better.

Hahahaha!  You guys nailed it.  

• Love 3
(edited)

Garcelle doesn't like Kyle because she see's her for exactly what she is. A fake Beverly Hills bitch. I get the impression Garcelle doesn't like fake. 

I love that she is still standing with her friend Denise. I hope she keeps her distance from Rinna. That would drive Rinna crazy. Speaking of Rinna, she is a vile human being. 

These bitches better not let Erika off the hook with her bullshit excuse that she didn't have a clue what was going on with the old man. 

Not impressed with Kathy so far. I keep hearing how funny she is. Not seeing it yet. 

Gah, Mo is looking old and PK is looking super old. I'm surprised Mo would befriend shady PK. As a real estate mogul and owner/broker of a successful company he has an image to uphold. and Mo is very much about images.  Hanging with PK is not part of that image. 

I don't like phony Dorit but damn she is beautiful and her body is flawless. Her kids telling her her boobs were hanging out was priceless. Leave it to kids to tell it like it is!

Kyles 3rd nose job still isn't right. Her nostrils still flare and it bugs me. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • LOL 1
  • Love 23

Kid on kid dental work and haircuts?!?   Yikes!  What's wrong with Kathy? 

I'm probably in the minority but I think Kyle's new face looks great.  It was the first thing I noticed last night - she looks 40!  But that has to be more than just a nose job right?   Whatever it was, I'm envious.  It really did take at least 10 years off.  

• Love 6

I fell asleep before finishing this episode but I've concluded Harry Hamlin is the only person on this franchise who can do a proper BBQ.  

Off to work now but I'm sure I'll chime back in after I finish this episode.  

I'm not sure if this premiere was all that great or if NYC is so bad thus far that it makes BH look stellar by comparison.  

Happy Thursday, my fellow posters!  🥂

• Love 13
23 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Kathy performed dental work on the neighborhood kids when she was little?  So she's basically Lawrence Olivier in Marathon Man.  Not strange at all.

The dress Kyle wore to the BBQ was too short and too tight.  Yikes!

OMG - I remember being maybe 11 or 12 and my parents took us to see this movie and that part with Sir Lawrence terrorized me LOL  I was saying to my mom "why would you take us here"  LOL  These are the same parents that took us to see Jaws a few weeks before our Acapulco vacation  

TOPIC:  Someone said Kyle may have had a boob enhancement - looks like she hasn't updated her wardrobe to fit her new ones.  I thought that it looks way too tight too.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

Hahahaha!  You guys nailed it.  

At least it wasn't an animal print, like she ALWAYS wears.  

Sutton's dress really was pretty; only great outfit at the party.

Kathy has weird teeth, top front ones are very prominent.

Dorit's boobs look so severe the way they suddenly protrude from her chest.  And, she tries WAY too hard with the fashion.

How small do these women want their noses?  Geez.  

Mauricio is still stoned it appears.  

I don't like Kyle's attitude now that she thinks she's the queen.  I don't like her house either.

Rinna is still awful.  Wish she'd go away.

I agree Sutton looks better without the bangs.  I have bangs, but don't use botox, so I'm afraid to grow them out because I fear I'll look much older!  Bangs soften, and that's what I need!  

When someone announces a trip, everyone fakes like they didn't know about it, but do they perhaps not know where to?  Curious.

• Love 13
(edited)
9 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I really hope Garcelle moves on from last year. Her continued ragging on Kyle is as boring as Leah's is of Ramona on NY. I hope she has something else to bring to the table this season. 

I don't mind if she still has beef with Rinna and Kyle, those make sense. What gets a little old for me is her put upon attitude about every event. When she was new last year and would project how much she didn't want to be at the events, especially when conflicts began (which they are probably contractually obligated to engage in), it made some sense. She's new to it. It's a lot to be going to dinner with a group of women and five minutes in have verbal screaming matches erupt. Makes sense that would make a person uneasy and looking for a way out. 

But she's not new to this anymore and having experienced all of that in season one, she still signed up for a second season. So the heavy sighs, the woeful "why do I have to be at this thing" attitudes, those don't work any more. She seems to be a very smart and careful woman in terms of what she's putting out there, which I totally get and admire. But at this point it's way too late to present yourself as caught up in things beyond your ken and control. You're in it now Garcelle. 

In some ways I think this is what tripped up Denise and maybe Eileen before them. They want to be only partially in, but in Housewives shows, like the mafia, you're either all the way in or you're out.

Edited by Pop Tart
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Avaleigh said:

I might be misreading their whole feud but I didn't get the impression that Garcelle is hating on Kyle for the reasons Kyle should IMO be criticized for. She doesn't seem like she's holding Kyle to task for the way she treated Denise or her inclination to be apart of gang ups or being a bad friend or anything like that. Kyle seemed like she rubbed Garcelle the wrong way from the get go and things just sort of escalated from there. I just feel like I haven't seen anything so severe from either side that they shouldn't be able to move forward with their just-for-the-show friendship. 

Agreed though that it would be nice to see Rinna, Kyle and Dorit all get their comeuppance along with Erika. I'm still annoyed that they've all been allowed to treat people like shit season after season with minimal to no blowback. The way Erika speaks to people like she did with Eileen and others and it's basically laughed off as Erika being Erika and that her behavior is somehow justified is maddening. Based on the upcoming clips in this episode I'm already on Sutton's side now that I see that she's going to get a dose of Erika's sinister side.

I am as well.  I have only watched 1/2 so far but I have a comment or 2. 

Rinna looked like shit as always.  I loathe her and I have to laugh that she didn't expect Garcelle to so readily agree she was a c*nt.  Yes indeed she is.  I also am not here for her skeevy daughter dating a douchebag.  Rinna is most likely dying for either a pregnancy or sex tape to catapult that one into Kim K fame.  However it has already been done.  Like nearly 20 years ago.  Thirst is real.

Kyle has no style this year either.  Don't go changing Kyle.  In fact, if not for her and Kathy's connections or money they seem pretty crass.  WTF happened to Mo?  Man how he has changed since the beginning.

Dorit doesn't bother me yet.  I am sure more to come.

Garcelle is my fav.  Beautiful, a tad shady, but willing to call it out without being a Rinna.

Sutton, I like her by default because she seems to side eye Erika and call her out.  We will see if it lasts.

Not sure about the new girl.  I do NOT like ageism and I have a problem with a newbie coming for a castmember (Sutton) but let's see what that is about.

Erika can go fuck herself and I am loving the producers showing what the plaintiff's money bought.  I don't buy what she and Tom are selling.  

Kathy has always seems trashy to me.  Her kids are assholes and she and her husband seem like it as well.

I am here for it all.  I quite NY after ep 1 so I am glad I don't have to quit this one.

• Love 18
18 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

WTF happened to Mo?  Man how he has changed since the beginning.

Money.  He's made a ton of money with his own real estate company.    Ironically, now that he's "made it" he looks like a bum. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

I don't think I've seen this discussed yet (if I missed it in a comment, I apologize!).  How rude are people that ask someone if they're going to try for another baby -- Kyle said it happens to her all the time.  (As a parent of an only child, whenever people would ask why we had an only child and/or if we were trying for another, I would shut that down real quick by saying "Well, with miscarriages before and after our daughter, and spending thousands on fertility treatments, it just wasn't in the cards.  We're just thankful that we have our daughter."  Most people then felt justifiably embarrassed for asking the question.) 

However, it didn't seem like Kyle was saying shutting down the idea either....  so she probably just invited people to ask her about it even more.     

The shade from Crystal:  "This group dresses very........loudly."  🤣

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

Not sure about the new girl.  I do NOT like ageism and I have a problem with a newbie coming for a castmember (Sutton) but let's see what that is about.

I won't lie. I think I cracked up at one of the things she said, but in all seriousness, you're right. Ageism is no bueno. I know these women can get extra with the fashion, but honestly, I'm here for it! I love fashion, but I think it's supposed to be fun, no matter your age. And some of the cast members have bodies 20-year-olds wish they had. If you're that hot and shooting a show, I say where whatever you want. My one gripe is the fact some of them live so large when they owe others money. 

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

Kid on kid dental work and haircuts?!?   Yikes!  What's wrong with Kathy? 

I'm probably in the minority but I think Kyle's new face looks great.  It was the first thing I noticed last night - she looks 40!  But that has to be more than just a nose job right?   Whatever it was, I'm envious.  It really did take at least 10 years off.  

I saw her on Keeping up with the Kardashsians last week and I thought "damn is she freaking pretty"  

• Love 2
18 hours ago, TexasGal said:

For real!  

A.  Can’t see to distinguish her sister and Garcelle, because she’s afraid to wear contacts. 

B.  Played dentist as a kid, and still does dental work on her friends?!

Y’all, maybe we should have been cutting Kyle more slack all these years.

Kathy is something else!

17 hours ago, Batwings said:

Ugh, Rinna and her frigging pantsuits. She looks like the Riddler. 
After the snoozefest that is RHONY so far this season, this is such a breath of fresh air. 

Always with the pantsuits. These women dress so ugly. Pink satin pantsuits? Just tacky

3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Garcelle doesn't like Kyle because she see's her for exactly what she is. A fake Beverly Hills bitch. I get the impression Garcelle doesn't like fake. 

I love that she is still standing with her friend Denise. I hope she keeps her distance from Rinna. That would drive Rinna crazy. Speaking of Rinna, she is a vile human being. 

These bitches better not let Erika off the hook with her bullshit excuse that she didn't have a clue what was going on with the old man. 

Not impressed with Kathy so far. I keep hearing how funny she is. Not seeing it yet. 

Gah, Mo is looking old and PK is looking super old. I'm surprised Mo would befriend shady PK. As a real estate mogul and owner/broker of a successful company he has an image to uphold. and Mo is very much about images.  Hanging with PK is not part of that image. 

I don't like phony Dorit but damn she is beautiful and her body is flawless. Her kids telling her her boobs were hanging out was priceless. Leave it to kids to tell it like it is!

Kyles 3rd nose job still isn't right. Her nostrils still flare and it bugs me. 

IMO her nose job is a disaster and she looks like a freak. She used to be so pretty.

• Love 4
(edited)
20 hours ago, TexasGal said:

B.  Played dentist as a kid, and still does dental work on her friends?!

Y’all, maybe we should have been cutting Kyle more slack all these years.

kathy 2.gif

Edited by film noire
  • LOL 18
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Lol Kyle just knows how to hide the awkward better then Kim and Kathy lol  I totally see a lot of Kim in Kathy already 

Kathy is a more whimsical version of Kim.

Kim will fight you to the death..while Kyle plays victim..and Kathy is too concerned with her image to get in the dirt.

• Love 11