Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

(edited)
16 minutes ago, howiveaddict said:

Well, Sonja did say she wanted to go to a nursing home.

Production probably figured out and executed the burning man theme.

Why has no one commented on that shirt with pasties that Ramona wore?  She really has changed from the prudish noodle she was first season.

That was amazing.

She has an urge to keep up with the more stylish ones in recent years...Bethenny and Tinsley  - there wasn’t much to compete with season 1 with Jill, uptight Lu, pre-boss Beth and Alex. She was so cute though, with the longer hair and bangs in season 1. 

The nursing home comment was concerning. I have always loved Sonja - I just want her to get some good therapy. 

Edited by chewycandy
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

All I heard was Ramona saying "This is chicken and salmon."

So there's

1) a chicken dish
2) A salmon dish
3) An Asparagus dish
4) A rice dish
5) 2 different nuts dishes?  Maybe pistachios on one plate and cashews and almonds on the other.
6) Oh there's one I didn't identify yet.  It looks like corn.  4th picture here or last picture.

food.jpg

food2.jpg

food3.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 8.38.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 8.38.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 8.39.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 8.42.03 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 8.42.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 8.43.11 PM.png

This is amazing! Thank you! 

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

The nursing home comment was concerning. I have always loved Sonja - I just want her to get some good therapy. 

Me too. And she obviously hasn’t as she keeps taking about her failed marriage from eons ago…

But she doesn’t live in the past? Okay then.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, KnoxForPres said:

Ebonie is one of the most beautiful people I can recall on these shows. I’m not sure what her angle was with the up/down look with Sonja but I would be guilty as charged in a “wait- your face looks like that and your body is a 10 too!”  

This is not a dig at you Knoxforpres -- its a dig at Sonja and her ilk. 

That up/down look is some of the rudest and most judgmental behavior around by people like the "New York elite" (whatever the fuck that means to anybody other than themselves) -- its essentially, "I am sizing you up and making a judgment about you solely on how you look and I'm scanning you top to bottom to do it. Then if I decide I approve, you are acceptable, but otherwise, you aren't worth my effort."

If anything looks less-than-perfect in the OPINION of the sizer, that person treats the sizee differently. The sizer may be nice and polite, but is putting on an act. But, if the sizee meets the sizer's arbitrary judgements, then welcome, welcome, welcome and aren't you wonderful!

Its essentially a five-second, "are you worth my time and energy" judgement by people who have no right to judge another human being, ESPECIALLY based solely on appearance!!

Its horribly rude, dismissive, insulting, and gives the immediate impression that someone thinks they are above someone else and in a position to judge another. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, cheewhiz said:

OMG Sonja saying she doesn't live in the past...ummmm that's the only time frame that Miss Sonja has ever lived in. This woman needs to get off tv and go directly to a therapist.

But she sees a "healer" that has her hold phallic crystals and rings Tibetan bells over her. Surely between her subconscious unblocking colonic and her time with the healer, she is perfect.  No? 🙄

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, LemonSoda said:

This is amazing! Thank you! 

It's my pleasure.  My interest in food and cooking has gone up 1000% since the pandemic started.  I went from somebody who never cooks to somebody who does it everyday!  

• Love 15
19 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

It's my pleasure.  My interest in food and cooking has gone up 1000% since the pandemic started.  I went from somebody who never cooks to somebody who does it everyday!  

I went from not cooking to not cooking. Although I did do a bunch of baking during the pandemic.

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
On 5/11/2021 at 9:15 PM, njbchlover said:

Ramona's whole house is gorgeous - she did a great job with the remodeling.  I believe her when she said she did it all herself.  Well, not the actual work, but not using an interior designer.  Ramona has a good eye.

The interior of Ramona's house is lovely - the rooms are all soft and welcoming with soothing colours. And of course the grounds are beautiful too, but I actually really don't like the exterior of her house at all. I know it's pricey as all get out, but it looks like a cheap stucco box to me. I'm hoping we get to see some of Luann's Hampton's home - her heritage house (I think this is the one her kids wound suing her over?) makes me swoon, and if I could pick a home of any of the ladies for my own, I'd pick hers.

• Love 6
On 5/11/2021 at 11:23 PM, RedDelicious said:

She said “I get my help wrong”. She explained that she hired an event production crew to help her put on Leah’s dinner party weekend. 

ETA: I have been called the wrong name my entire life. Even at my high school graduation, the class president, who I’d known since we became friends in second grade, called me by the wrong first name when it was my turn to cross the stage. And I have a very simple, common first name. I have no idea why to this day people can’t get my name straight, but I guess people are just like that. Somebody at work just did it two weeks ago. Ramona didn’t go Hilly Holbrook on us. She’s just Ramona. Her mannerisms, like the talking over and not remembering names/faces somewhat align with ADD. 

She said “the help” not my help and her tone was grossly condescending .  It’s not that hard to keep up in terms of language usage for the 21st century.  A woman who comes in to clean your house is not called your “maid”, The landscaping crew are not servants and you don’t call a person “the help”.   

• Love 7
15 hours ago, lamujerdecente said:

Are you a person pf color? Because if you aren't, this is not something you will get. I too am careful with white women, I am sorry if that offends white women but I and other folks of color do that to protect our sanity. I am often googled in my face when I say anything a white person doesn't know, it can be about my OWN CULTURE, the book I am writing, NYC, when I am a New Yorker and the person is from Florida. Recently at my MFA writing group, when I  mentioned a spreadsheet I was complying of presses of authors that write similar themes as I do, this white chick asked me if I thought of that myself.  I sometimes wish that many who are so "offended"  by race convos who are white, can live in the shoes of a POC FOR ONE DAY. Then tell me what heads will roll. 

I don’t think it was offensive.  Her group of friends are black.  Romona’s group of friends are white.  
My family is made up of Latinos and Whites and often we are the only mixed group in a restaurant or an event. People live side by side but the over 30’s don’t mix as much in terms of ethnicity. 

Eboni’s tagline is that she’s had to work twice as hard for half as much.  I find that hard to believe.  She’s super smart, beautiful with an outgoing personality.  She didn’t have a family with money but that describes a lot of Americans.  
Then she claims she was the first black beauty pageant contestant in certain South Carolina pageants.   She claims she was the first Black person in the high school gifted class.  She was the first Black attorney at her law firm.  How are all these successes “half as much”?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
32 minutes ago, Bluesky said:

She said “the help” not my help and her tone was grossly condescending .  It’s not that hard to keep up in terms of language usage for the 21st century.  A woman who comes in to clean your house is not called your “maid”, The landscaping crew are not servants and you don’t call a person “the help”.   

I'm Ramona's age.  Believe me after 60 your brain does odd things.  I suddenly can't spell worth a hoot and can't remember names.  Especially if I don't see the same people all the time.  If Ramona was using 'help' that she hadn't used before and was just introduced to them, then I can totally understand her frustration at not remembering their names at that moment.  On camera it would be embarrassing.  I think people are getting a little too judgemental over every little thing.  I'm afraid I've just hacked people off by using the word 'help' now but that's what they do for me.  They're my help for the time I'm paying them.  I'm sure Ramona tips well and they didn't look offended by her.  

In other news, I'm SICK of Leah and Andy letting her turn this show into the Leah Show.  I guess he doesn't watch it or he'd be as bored by her little bad girl act as most of us are.  I swear, if I hadn't seen her teenaged daughter I'd have thought SHE was still around 19 with the way she speaks, acts, and dresses.  She is just so blah.  I began to fast forward her scenes again like last week.  My favorite show gone down the drain!!😭

• Love 14

2 different nuts dishes?  Maybe pistachios on one plate and cashews and almonds on the other.

The nuts looked like a condiment or something to add to the other dishes (like the rice dish) if someone wanted to, I guess.

The asparagus dish looks a beef and asparagus dish.

Anyway, kadooz to Ramona on her lovely spread, it does look good and delicious. Also kadooz to her new face, which also looks good (is this her third or fourth face?).

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

It is about time Sonja gave us a real cry about regrets and sadness that her house won't sell or rent and how will she pay the bills. She needs to cut her losses and run away from that house asap. Living in delusions is going to be her demise. 

The event staff is not yours Ramona. It is "MY help" part that bothers me. She doesn't own them. She hired them for a wage and they took the job but as much as she'd like to brag because she thinks she now owns them, she does not. It was her undercurrent of snobbery showing really badly. 

• Love 6

I still have to finish the last 20 minutes of the episode. Not liking this season as of yet. I am sick of Leah and it’s only episode 2. Why is she on?
I don’t care for Eboni.  She calls everyone bitch every other sentence but how dare Ramona say help? 
Poor Sonja. She needs a life makeover. 

• Love 14
15 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Let’s face it, this franchise has some issues. It needs a revamp with some newer younger women. The “elders” are boring now and predictable. I don’t know how much more we can see post menopausal women getting drunk and weeping over their ex husbands or past lives as a wife of a rich guy. It’s really rather depressing actually.

And get some women that are actual housewives as someone posted above.  Not one of these ladies are married and isn't that the premise for the show?  If not, this should be called the Single Ladies of NYC.  

• Love 6
(edited)
On 5/11/2021 at 11:15 PM, njbchlover said:

Her backyard looks stunning, and even more so with the party set-up, although it seemed pretty over-the-top and indulgent for a small party with five women.  I don't know how much input she had, but I would have loved to attend that party, minus Leah and her slutty costume, of course (oh, and I could probably do without the healer, too).  I don't understand who was actually hosting this "Burning Man" party - was it Ramona or was it Leah?  

Bravo hosted the party.

11 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 8.38.48 PM.png

Looks like Mediterranean orzo salad.  

Edited by SoTheresThat
  • Love 6

23 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

Ramona not knowing what Sonja's dog was named was hilarious to me. She really doesn't pay attention. Unless it has something to do with her, then she's all ears.

22 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

She might also be face blind, like Brad Pitt. Google it - it's fascinating! I wouldn't be able to look at pictures of Marley and Milou and be able to tell them apart. I think that's where Morely came from. Ramona's dialect is part of her charm 😄

I recently re-watched some older RHONY episodes, and there was an episode in which Ramona was at Sonja's townhouse and 2 of her dogs were sitting on a chair together.  Ramona and one of the other HWs--maybe Carole?--walked by and commented on the dogs being cute, then Carole(?) asked what the dogs' names are.  Ramona said "One of them is Milou".  She had just attended Milou's dog funeral (can't make this shit up) maybe 2 episodes prior!  She is just ignorant.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/12/2021 at 11:44 AM, RedDelicious said:

I tend to think Luann is the snobbiest one of the bunch. Season 1-2 Lu and Rosie for example. Luann ran her ragged. And she tried to get Bethenny to teach Rosie how to cook so she could be more full service and cook for Victoria/Noel so Luann could go out. Sonja doesn't have the financial resources for professional domestics, hence the interns and we've seen how she treated them 😬 I think each one of them acts entitled in their own way.

Rewatching the early season with Rosie in LuAnn’s townhouse was disgusting.  When the family (minus the count) came back from the Hamptons, LuAnn instructed little Rosie, to bring up the bags.  She could have asked the kids to help with that.  Imagine what the kids learned from that behavior.                        
Ramona’s “Help” comment didnt bother me a bit and me grandmother was a domestic.

Edited by Emmeline
  • Love 12
(edited)
12 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I wasn't offended by Eboni's statement, just annoyed.   It's just that a lot of people have been griping about the lack of diversity on the HWs franchise, and then Eboni comes along and she comes across as if she really doesn't care for their company, so why bother with this show?  I would be annoyed if a white person said that about a POC.   Give people a chance before assuming you're not going to get along. 

I'm a person of color chiming in to say that I did not care for Eboni's comment. It's not a deal breaker comment or anything, but I didn't think it was nice. My golden rule is to treat others the way that I would want to be treated and to me, that doesn't include making comments about how I don't want to hang out with [insert group] people. I know I wouldn't feel great if I heard somebody say the same thing about not usually wanting to fool with my race. It's one thing if Eboni wants to truthfully acknowledge that she's used to being in a different scene or social circle, but to boil it down to race in that way came across as a little harsh and I don't think she meant it that way. I'd feel the same if she'd said this about any group.

Eboni is 100% correct that Ramona has a listening problem. She basically hears what she wants to hear. Also, wrt "the help" comment, I think it's fair for Eboni to acknowledge that she didn't like the comment but she's still getting to know Ramona so the jury is still out. She hasn't made up her mind and she seems to fairly be weighing the good and the bad with Ramona and the ladies in general. To me that bodes well in terms of her finding her place in the group. 

Leah and that bow though. I wonder if her daughter gave her approval for the bow look lol. Sidenote: Leah's daughter is gorgeous. 

I'm happy for Luann that she's been able to keep herself from drinking, especially on a trip like this. I hope that she can keep it up. (I'm totally unspoiled so have no idea if this is going to continue.) 

I was a little lukewarm about the premiere episode but I'm starting to get excited about where this season is headed.

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, OFDgal said:

And get some women that are actual housewives as someone posted above.  Not one of these ladies are married and isn't that the premise for the show?  If not, this should be called the Single Ladies of NYC.  

When was the last time somebody actually married was on the show?  Season 8?  That stopped being the premise of this show when the OGs Luann/Sonja/Ramona got divorced which was when, like Season 3?  Technically, Ramona was never a housewife, was she?  I thought she always worked out of the house and earned a lot of money on her own.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, Miss Bones said:

Just watching now.  I thought Leah was going to take the bow off when she came into Eboni’s house, like one would a coat.  That thing is ha-UGE!  And ugly.

I think Leah wore that bow for one reason - attention.  I can 't even remember what else she had on.  But you would be able to spot her on the street  from 10 stories up.  No doubt she turned heads on her way over and no doubt she thought the reason was something besides her big giant car dealer red bow.  

• LOL 8
  • Love 6

I wish Leah's bow had functionality.  Like "look, this insane bow doubles as a mask!  Instead, she looked like Goofy's sad girlfriend.

While I think Ramona was trying too hard in the first episode with Eboni, why does Leah have a problem with her saying she connected with her?  Even if they didn't speak singularly to each other a lot?  You can feel connected to someone by listening to them speak and identifying and empathizing with them.  You should know that, LEAH, by the number of fangirls weirdly invested in YOU that probably claim they have a connection with you.  

My fiance is now desperate for a backyard pizza oven that was cranking out those pies.  How amazing did those look?????  

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Cosmocrush said:

I think Leah wore that bow for one reason - attention.  I can 't even remember what else she had on.  But you would be able to spot her on the street  from 10 stories up.  No doubt she turned heads on her way over and no doubt she thought the reason was something besides her big giant car dealer red bow.  

Leah was wearing a black hoodie under the bow.  The hoodie should have had a Lexus logo on the front to complete the look.  

• LOL 23
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, larapu2000 said:

My fiance is now desperate for a backyard pizza oven that was cranking out those pies.  How amazing did those look?????  

original.gif

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 7
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

When was the last time somebody actually married was on the show?  Season 8?  That stopped being the premise of this show when the OGs Luann/Sonja/Ramona got divorced which was when, like Season 3?  Technically, Ramona was never a housewife, was she?  I thought she always worked out of the house and earned a lot of money on her own.  

Thoughts in Memory Lane!

• Love 3

People have commented on Eboni saying bitch which had not stood out to me in particular.  I think that's because so many of these women refer to their friends as bitches.  I rewatched the episode and Ramona, yes, the Moaner, said bitch more than Eboni.  My sense (not rewatching all the eps to start counting) is that Lu is the only one that doesn't use this regularly.  For the Moaner it's more when she's liquored up, but, TBH, that's most of the time that we see her.  I did enjoy her clutching her glass of wine at the "healing". 

Personally, I am not a fan of women taking over this word as a way to refer to other women.  However, it seems to damn near be a housewife standard at this point.  I would like it if they all backed away from it. 

• Love 12
(edited)
12 hours ago, Bluesky said:

Ramona said "my help" and Eboni said "the help" when she brought it up after the fact. It's in the trailer and it was in the episode. 0:30 and 0:34. 

9D54ADF3-44C3-4576-BB47-3B155AB3DD72.jpeg

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5
(edited)
49 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

People have commented on Eboni saying bitch which had not stood out to me in particular.  I think that's because so many of these women refer to their friends as bitches.  I rewatched the episode and Ramona, yes, the Moaner, said bitch more than Eboni.  My sense (not rewatching all the eps to start counting) is that Lu is the only one that doesn't use this regularly.  For the Moaner it's more when she's liquored up, but, TBH, that's most of the time that we see her.  I did enjoy her clutching her glass of wine at the "healing". 

Personally, I am not a fan of women taking over this word as a way to refer to other women.  However, it seems to damn near be a housewife standard at this point.  I would like it if they all backed away from it. 

No, Eboni uses it for everything.  She uses it for herself too. As in "This Bitch is not going to......."  She kind of uses it as a catch all for herself and everyone. 

Ramona uses it as a joke, she puts emphasis on it.  She said "I did this for you, BITCH".  (Woke up at 7 am to get dressed for Burning Man.)  She's being sarcastic.

Whereas Eboni totally uses it like a normal noun or pronoun without any emphasis.  It's a real habit.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, OFDgal said:

Exactly! None are married. Some WERE married when they first appeared on the show but as is often the case, this show has a track record of ruining marriages.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

No, Eboni uses it for everything.  She uses it for herself too. As in "This Bitch is not going to......."  She kind of uses it as a catch all for herself and everyone. 

Ramona uses it as a joke, she puts emphasis on it.  She said "I did this for you, BITCH".  (Woke up at 7 am to get dressed for Burning Man.)  She's being sarcastic.

Whereas Eboni totally uses it like a normal noun or pronoun without any emphasis.  It's a real habit.

My liver hurts just thinking about this! 🍸

• Love 2
11 hours ago, stcroix said:

In other news, I'm SICK of Leah and Andy letting her turn this show into the Leah Show.  I guess he doesn't watch it or he'd be as bored by her little bad girl act as most of us are.  I swear, if I hadn't seen her teenaged daughter I'd have thought SHE was still around 19 with the way she speaks, acts, and dresses.  She is just so blah.  I began to fast forward her scenes again like last week.  My favorite show gone down the drain!!😭

I agree.  

She used the word "like" so many fucking times that I momentarily thought I was watching Teen Mom or 16 and Pregnant.  

I was almost hoping that atrocious pink bow at her neck would come untied and render her the 2021 version of Isadora Duncan (albeit without any of Isadora's talent or charisma).  

Blech 🤢

• Love 15
5 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

I agree.  

She used the word "like" so many fucking times that I momentarily thought I was watching Teen Mom or 16 and Pregnant.  

I was almost hoping that atrocious pink bow at her neck would come untied and render her the 2021 version of Isadora Duncan (albeit without any of Isadora's talent or charisma).  

Blech 🤢

Yesss!!  When she was going on about her Grandma dying, it was so cringeworthy, the amount of times she said "like" and just her tone of voice.  I was thinking "Can your grandma live, and you can die instead?"  

• LOL 18
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Cheezwiz said:

The interior of Ramona's house is lovely - the rooms are all soft and welcoming with soothing colours. And of course the grounds are beautiful too, but I actually really don't like the exterior of her house at all. I know it's pricey as all get out, but it looks like a cheap stucco box to me. I'm hoping we get to see some of Luann's Hampton's home - her heritage house (I think this is the one her kids wound suing her over?) makes me swoon, and if I could pick a home of any of the ladies for my own, I'd pick hers.

I'm not a fan of her house...too fussy and ornate for a Hamptons house. The property is beautiful but the house looks like something that belongs in Manhasset not the Hamptons. For all of Ramona's snobbery about other people's houses not being in the right part of the Hamptons, her house would be worth more and be more enviable if it was on the beach.

• Love 5
(edited)
On 5/13/2021 at 12:34 PM, BrownBear2012 said:

Exactly! None are married. Some WERE married when they first appeared on the show but as is often the case, this show has a track record of ruining marriages.

I also think that many successful men wouldn’t want anything to do with the show or dating someone on the show.  In season 1 Bethenny was dating the bald Jason #1 and I believe he lost his job because of the show.  Followed by Jason #2 who didn’t know what train hit him and has barely been seen since.  Then the Count, Tom & Mario had their philandering exposed to the world.  Jules got divorced because of her husbands affair and Kristen’s husband was involved in the Ashley Madison scandal.  John Mahdessian got dumped and filed bankruptcy after most people watching the show couldn’t understand the relationship with Dorinda and were repulsed by him.  How did all the guys cheating on their wives think they could get away with it while being on a reality show?  I can only imagine that they thought the show would keep the wife’s busy while they continued to followed their “D” to other women.

Edited by Emmeline
  • Love 10

I didn’t mind Leah before but she’s kind of irritating me now. She seems like she’s always trying so hard. Also how was that her party. It was at Ramonas house and it seemed like Ramona planned it all out. Unless I’m missing something Leah just came up with the theme.

I would probably have to excuse my self from that bs healer stuff. Not my thing. I hate when ppl think they are better then other ppl when they aren’t into that kind of stuff. So Leah annoyed me. Why can’t Ramona ask questions about it? Stupid.

Sonja is gross to me and not entertaining. She’s just obnoxious and vulgar and I don’t find her funny at all. She’s either a delusional bitch or needs serious mental health help. Either way I don’t care to see her on TV.

Boring episode. Hopefully things start to get better. I almost missed Dorinda lol.

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
4 minutes ago, Marley said:

Sonja is gross to me and not entertaining.

And the fact that historically none of her dogs have been properly house trained is also so gross and not entertaining. We know it wasn't Queen Coco! 

• Love 14
(edited)
On 5/12/2021 at 12:47 PM, TomGirl said:

I like Ebonie so far, and think she’s a good addition to the show.  But I cringe every time she refers to the other women as bitches, which she does constantly.  I realize it’s just an expression she uses and isn’t meant to be an insult, but it’s like nails on a chalkboard to me!

I don’t like it either. I noticed last season Leah did it but not as much as Eboni this season. Is this trendy now or something, like the woman on ATL talking about “shade” all the time? I feel ancient, because I wouldn’t like it if any of my girlfriends referred to me that way. 

Both Leah and Eboni have an edge to them, some simmering aggression or something. Mostly Leah but I see a little in Eboni too. 

Last season I said I wasn’t going to watch if Leah came back and now here I am again, sucked right back in. 

Something is off with Sonja. I can’t put my finger on it but have noticed if for a few seasons. I’m concerned for her. Her behavior is erratic. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 8
20 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Did Luann seriously get a foot taller this year? 

Luann often wears flats, so when she does don heels, look out!  I also think that Eboni in particular is quite petite so the contrast was striking.

This season will be so interesting with the covid bubble. Ramona won't be able to double dip, dashing off to another invite/date.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
41 minutes ago, snarts said:

This season will be so interesting with the covid bubble.

It's interesting watching the HWs as they get chummy with each other and they're not wearing masks, but all of the people assisting at the party were wearing masks.  I guess the HWs  think they're invincible, or all of that alcohol consumption makes them immune!  

Seriously though, I'm glad to see the ladies cutting back on the booze.  That might be one reason Ramona looks slimmer this season.  I'm hoping that the non-alcohol drink that LuAnn discovered will be enough to keep her off of the real stuff.   She may not get many more wake-up calls.  Scary for her in not knowing how she got home.  Yikes! 

• Love 5

If I am paying someone to do work I do call them that girl or guy or person or whatever.  I tip generously, but if you’re cleaning my floors you are the floor person. If you are cooking for me you are my food person.  Pool guy is pool guy.  Passing food?  Thanks for the help, help.  Y’all being paid right?  And going home to your own house and living independently?  K then.

• Love 11

Random thoughts:

Given the Dallas shitshow, I was hardly bothered by Ramona referring to her white blonde lady as "help" and getting her name wrong.   She can't keep hardly anyone's name straight, lacks verbal skills, and she didn't say "servant", so I'm counting it as a non-event.  Of course Ramona is a million percent problematic (especially off-screen), but in this instance, it was just her normal schtick. Also, I'm pretty sure Michelle charged Ramona for the services provided and was paid by someone.  Unlike Sonja's interns.  Pickles may still be in the basement under the corn oil jugs. 

Given that I'm a child of the 80s and love all manner of BritPop, Ramona's Hamptons house reminds me of the house in Arcadia's "The Flame" video, my favorite video of all time.  If anyone remembers that, I'll be astonished, as it's older than Leah.

Speaking of, I have no clue how Leah wasn't a once & done.  She was problematic before she was on the show, was terrible last season, and is worse this season if she's truly sober.  I kinda think she's not drinking but not sober, or she's unmedicated and needs to be.  I HATED the way Carole & Bethenny treated Jules, but I really want Ramona & Luann to treat Leah the same way--dismissive and infantalizing--because Leah is too old to act like a child younger than her actual kid, which she does.  She's so awful, entitled, and full of her self, unlike Jules.  Hell, her fashion brand is just a tiny bit better than Brooks Marks and she makes me wish Quogue was back.

I'm hoping Eboni's association with Leah is just a convenient fiction for the show.  So far, my opinion is positive of Eboni, aside from her association with Leah.  I actually think an older (say 40s-ish) WOC would have been a better addition. But I'm still abiding by the Eileen Davidson Accord, and reserving judgment of the new cast member until 5 episodes in.

The one clear absolute failing of this season is that there are only 5 main cast members. IMO the best season ever was S9, with 7 HWs.  We need at least one more.  I'm hoping Heather brings something to the show, especially if she challenges Leah.  Leah's whole "ooh, I can't trust her because she talked about Luann doing coke on her podcast 7+ years after the fact" is total bullshit.  As said above, anyone who watched that season knew there were substances floating around.  Shit, Ramona openly--and often quoted by all--advised Aviva to take some Xanax.  Zero substance-related secrets were revealed.  And if Leah is, in fact, sober, she should not have a problem. LOL.

NTL, these ladies still have my interest, whereas others have lost me. 

• Love 16
14 hours ago, Marley said:

I didn’t mind Leah before but she’s kind of irritating me now. She seems like she’s always trying so hard. Also how was that her party. It was at Ramonas house and it seemed like Ramona planned it all out. Unless I’m missing something Leah just came up with the theme.

It was a stupid theme.  I think Leah just wanted someplace to wear that ridiculous ass-baring outfit. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Lizzing said:

makes me wish Quogue was back.

Who or what is Quogue?

1 hour ago, Lizzing said:

WOC would have been a better

Who or what is WOC?

I would love to see what dreck Brooks Marks and Leah would create together, maybe a black sweat suit with "Books Marks Mob", written on tape running down the sides of the pants and top or something equal to that sort of daring, imaginative fashion rule breaker, lol.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, OFDgal said:

It was a stupid theme.  I think Leah just wanted someplace to wear that ridiculous ass-baring outfit. 

Between Leah's "Ray of Light" moment last week and the title of this week's episode, my 80's spoiled mind went here.  

• Love 2