Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

In the conclusion of The Real Housewives of Dallas season 5 reunion, Tiffany and Kameron spar over chicken feet, cultural stereotyping, and their social media war. D’Andra defends her name change and reveals shocking new facts about the battle over her inheritance. Brandi talks candidly about her unexpected pregnancy, her missteps with Tiffany, and her husband’s recently surfaced betrayal.

Original air date 2021.05.11

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
Just now, charming said:

I'm confused why D'Andra has been groveling at Mama Dee's feet for all these decades if she inherited over 40 million from her biological Father. There's something missing from this story.

Maybe it’s in a trust?

And would any of us trust Dee with a trust…

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, charming said:

I'm confused why D'Andra has been groveling at Mama Dee's feet for all these decades if she inherited over 40 million from her biological Father. There's something missing from this story.

The truth is missing.

• LOL 9
  • Love 10
(edited)

I think Stephanie nailed it with Tiffany. Maybe IRL she'd never push her guests to eat chicken feet, give them a bunch of rules like they're school children or trick them into eating crickets, but she DID do these things and acts surprised when the women react. If you truly want to be liked, you can carry story without getting that extra. And no, not all pranks are the same. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 13
4 minutes ago, charming said:

How can LeeAnne send a video to a private instagram account? I'm not understanding why this is on LeeAnne when it was Brian at the club intentionally sticking his tongue down some chick's throat. 

Because why hold her husband accountable? This season just really killed it for me with Brandi 

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, charming said:

How can LeeAnne send a video to a private instagram account? I'm not understanding why this is on LeeAnne when it was Brian at the club intentionally sticking his tongue down some chick's throat. 

Not quite accurate.  Brandi said a fan sent it to her daughter’s account.  Not necessarily the same person who leaked it. And I could see it being Leanne.  Made sense that she would be pissed that she got canned for racist comments and Brandi didn’t.

• Useful 5
  • Love 4
(edited)

I feel really bad for everything Brandi's gone through. Whether you're a fan of hers or not, she's been on a roller coaster. It's a lot for one human being. I'm glad her daughters are okay. Stephanie seems to really adore Brandi and feel her pain. It's sweet. Wish we saw more friendships like that on these shows. 

I did think she was wrong at that dinner though. I'm glad D'Andra and Kary said they should have stuck up for Tiffany. 

Finishing up the reunion, and I love that the women generally seem genuinely remorseful about their mistakes. I've seen too many other Housewife reunions where the women can be really cruel (*cough* BH), and never get emotional and say they regret their behavior.

I really enjoyed the season and hope the show returns. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 23

D’Andra being so remorseful about reacting to her mother will set her up for another round of abuse. D’Andra said what she did because her mother maligned her in front of the cameras, intentionally inflicting pain. Mama Dee is a sick and cruel narcissist - wish D’Andra would understand that and protect herself.

• Useful 3
  • Love 14

Brandi - This whole Racist thing has been way overblown, seriously.  Her video was not bad and people need to quit being so damn sensitive.  Time to move on down the road.  Certainly not worth suicide, good grief.  Comedians do way worse than this and get paid for it.  Her and Stephanie are still the ones I would most want to hang out with.  I like people I can be myself around and those two still seem the most genuine. 

Kary - I loved her last season, this season has been cringy.  I do think some of her behavior was from stress over her daughter and marriage.  I hope she watched herself and will make needed changes.  I will say Covid has made me drink more but I haven't broken anything.  I hate the pushing in the pool - I would seriously punch her in the face.  Not cool.  Folks have been paralyzed by people doing that.  

Kam - Loved her this season until the reunion.  Go decorate your house already...sigh.  I will say it is the prettiest I have seen her look.  

Deandra - I like her most of the time, hate the word bully being thrown around so flippantly.  Treated badly maybe, but I don't think anyone was bullied this year.   Surely her money is in a Trust, if she received that much all at once she shouldn't always talk about needing money.  She couldn't have put that much cocaine up her nose.   Don't need to see Mama Dee anymore. 

Stephanie - I think she has evolved the most, love that she is no longer meek and sticks up for herself when needed.  Was so impressed with the way she handled Kary when she was being so rude to Charles.  I don't think she is a doormat at all, that was a way rude comment from Deandra.  

Tiffany - Absolutely couldn't stand her at the beginning of the season, I do still hate her voice.  No one pushes food at me and her constant comments about that being her Culture was stupid.  I'm not insulting your culture by not eating chicken feet.  I am from San Antonio and have grown up watching Mexican people eat all kinds of disgusting things like Tripas and Menudo and I'm not touching that either.  If you want to eat it, great.  Towards the end she was starting to lighten up and was somewhat likeable.  But then the reunion happened.  I am on the fence about her again. 

LeeAnne - So happy she was gone.  I don't think she is a racist, just an Ahole.  I totally think she sent the video of Brandi's husband.  She is spiteful and unhappy and wants to make sure everyone else is too.  I don't think she shouldn't be on show for her comments, but because she is just plain awful and distracting.  ME ME ME. 

Wasn't my favorite season, hopefully next year will be back on track.  

• Love 7

Kam looked stunning.  Make up and hair on point.  Didn't like the dress.

Brandi's hair pulled up so tight like was not a good look.

D'Andra's face, though.  She's morphing into a caricature of herself.  I wonder what her husband thinks of all the work she's had done.

Cary's hair was a mess.

Stephanie's hair seemed too casual for the dress, occasion.

Tiffany's hair and make up looked great.  Not too much and over the top.

• Love 3

Kam's hair and make up were beautiful. It's too bad she tried too hard to "bring it" and ended up looking like a fool. 

The chicken foot... geez o Pete.  I can't believe this was made into something that attacks someone's culture.  I wouldn't have eaten it...  or offal, or puffer fish, or marmite, or any live foods, etc. if those were put in front of me. I don't have anything against cultures where those types of foods originate,  just don't shame or force someone to try something they've said they would not eat.  That's just asshole behavior.  I was glad to hear that Tiffany seemed to realize this and about the crickets too.  

Nothing was ever said about Jen, who she was and why she disappeared.  That was just weird.  Were we not supposed to see her and realize she was suddenly gone? 

I would be really surprised if Brandi and Stephanie are back next season.  Stephanie didn't even have a video package of her time this season and she barely said anything on the reunion.   I really won't miss Brandi, especially after this year, but I will miss Stephanie.  She really does seems very kind and genuine. She and Brandi have a real friendship and Stephanie has said she couldn't imagine doing the show without Brandi... so...? 

If this franchise even comes back, I bet it will have a reboot and a few new housewives.  

• Love 8

All, please keep your posts on topic and civil. I have hidden posts that are off topic and uncivil.

Also, do not get into a back and forth with another poster.  If you feel a post violates the site rules, report it; do not engage.  Make your point and move on; there is no winning an argument on the internet. 

Please reacquaint (or acquaint) yourself with the site rules and the master mod note for this forum. If you have any questions regarding this mod note or any site or forum rules, please PM @PrincessPurrsALot and @ProfCrash directly.  We do not debate moderator actions in the forums. 

• Love 1

Tiffany looked like she smelled a fart all episode. I go back and forth on Kam and I wasn't really on her side last episode but I did think it was interesting that she said she reached out to Tiffany a few times to tell her she was there for her and wanted to offer her support as the new girl, Tiff denied that and said you never texted me, only for Kam to actually produce the texts and Andy to read it out loud. We see that Kam actually did reach out and Tiffany responded. And they're still feuding on Twitter!

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I am surprised Tiffany seemed to get a pass by yammering on about her culture. I would not have eaten chicken feet and the crickets trick was reprehensible, IMO. I get that her stupid rules could be attributed to being really socially awkward, but forcing food on someone that they find disgusting is disgusting.  Her voice is also just so grating, I really can't with her.

• Love 9

So I was pro-Tiffany, but she’s really coming across as a snot. I’m Southeast Asian and the whole racism and chicken feet is a bit much. She didn’t want to eat the chicken feet, so what? I would never force my culture on anyone. Stephanie said that she’d rather eat her husband’s ahole so why is Cameron in the hot seat? Cameron was spot on when she brought a picture of Tiffany sellIng chicken feet - very hypocritical. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, TheCouchPotato said:

So I was pro-Tiffany, but she’s really coming across as a snot. I’m Southeast Asian and the whole racism and chicken feet is a bit much. She didn’t want to eat the chicken feet, so what? I would never force my culture on anyone. Stephanie said that she’d rather eat her husband’s ahole so why is Cameron in the hot seat? Cameron was spot on when she brought a picture of Tiffany sellIng chicken feet - very hypocritical. 

I have been laughing about the chicken story because it's ridiculous, every Asian person eats the feet? Really, every last one?

My grandmother used to make chicken fricasse with the feetsalahs, (that is Yiddish for feet), for one they were poor and when you buy a live chicken to be slaughtered by a kosher butcher nothing goes to waste.  I would not make a blanket statement about every Jewish person likes chicken feet, Tiffany is off base with her assumption and way off basing her culture on the chicken feet.  I hate chopped liver and that is a mainstay in my food culture.

Honestly, Tiffany's insisting anyone who would not eat chicken feet is somehow a dis to her heritage simply does not have legs, lol.

Who would buy one of Tiffany's tees, such a bad looking shirt, she could have had a better graphic.  

D'Andra's face looks painful in a swollen way and she got a nose job too?  I always thought she was so pretty.

• Love 12
17 hours ago, charming said:

I was confused by that too.  How did LeAnne even get the video?

Not sure why women blame women when men are the ones behaving badly.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, eclectcmoi said:

Kam's hair and make up were beautiful. It's too bad she tried too hard to "bring it" and ended up looking like a fool. 

The chicken foot... geez o Pete.  I can't believe this was made into something that attacks someone's culture.  I wouldn't have eaten it...  or offal, or puffer fish, or marmite, or any live foods, etc. if those were put in front of me. I don't have anything against cultures where those types of foods originate,  just don't shame or force someone to try something they've said they would not eat.  That's just asshole behavior.  I was glad to hear that Tiffany seemed to realize this and about the crickets too.  

Nothing was ever said about Jen, who she was and why she disappeared.  That was just weird.  Were we not supposed to see her and realize she was suddenly gone? 

I would be really surprised if Brandi and Stephanie are back next season.  Stephanie didn't even have a video package of her time this season and she barely said anything on the reunion.   I really won't miss Brandi, especially after this year, but I will miss Stephanie.  She really does seems very kind and genuine. She and Brandi have a real friendship and Stephanie has said she couldn't imagine doing the show without Brandi... so...? 

If this franchise even comes back, I bet it will have a reboot and a few new housewives.  

I came across a podcast Jen was on so I can give you a breakdown of who she is.

Jen is friendly with Kam...she also grew up with Kam's hubby Kourt.  She also modeled growing up (starting at Jcpenney as a teen since they're headquartered in Dallas before doing more work in NY).  She's a real estate agent now...and did mention Kam's hubby was a gymnast in high school.

Brandi had a bad year...but Andy C was obvious in his favoritism toward her.  That I said, I think Brandi does those outlandish jokes and blow up dolls because she's insecure and afraid to be herself.  I think the only person she's truly herself with is Stephanie.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
6 hours ago, TheCouchPotato said:

Not sure if it's been discussed on the boards before, but ITA with snobby. I think the reason Tiffany wasn't my favorite overall is because she seems mostly concerned with her own feelings and image. She'll brag about her own accomplishments, and she'll correct the others on their mistakes. She'll be sure to let everyone know how horrible her mother was to her growing up, but her mother is not like Mama Dee where she's aware, frequently appears, and can share her side. She wants to fit in with the cool girls, but she'll make it clear the "cool" girls aren't bright or cultured. If the women are having a typical RH argument, she'll bring up her parents fighting when she was a little girl. She tells the women to leave by a specific time, but she acts like they're the ones behaving strangely when they do. If a guest is throwing up at her house, she feels kinda bad but is mostly concerned about shoe covers. I am not as offended by the things that can be attributed to being socially awkward, like the texts to leave by a certain time. (Honestly, if she worded it nicely, I wouldn't even take issue with it because I know she has a demanding career.) But when she clearly tries to intimidate and even trick the women to eat foods that are difficult for them to stomach, that's different. She's an intelligent woman who's spent almost her entire life living in the US. She knew exactly what she was doing.

3 hours ago, dosodog said:

Was there actual proof it was LeeAnne? Or just easier to blame the ex housewife who is no longer on the show?

I'd also like to know. I get that LeeAnne is far from perfect and maybe I'm naive, but it's hard for me to see her being so cruel to a child. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 7
(edited)
4 hours ago, dosodog said:

Was there actual proof it was LeeAnne? Or just easier to blame the ex housewife who is no longer on the show?

Keep in mind that Brandi once seriously thought LeeAnne cloned her phone just by putting her own phone near hers. She has always been weirdly obsessed with the idea that LeeAnne is out to get her. 

I was kind of looking forward to these reunion episodes but they both felt muted. I don't know if it was because Brandi and Kary weren't there in person or if maybe Andy didn't watch much of the season, but it didn't feel like anything was really landing. An unsatisfying ending to a largely unsatisfying season. 

Edited by Panda Bear
  • Love 11
18 minutes ago, Panda Bear said:

I was kind of looking forward to these reunion episodes but they both felt muted. I don't know if it was because Brandi and Kary weren't there in person or if maybe Andy didn't watch much of the season, but it didn't feel like anything was really landing. An unsatisfying ending to a largely unsatisfying season. 

I personally think it was a combination of things: 1. Brandi and Kary weren’t there in person; 2. It was indeed an unsatisfactory season with may good topics left unexplored, too much attention and importance given to chicken feet, and Kary being unbearable and horrible; and 3) IMHO, Andy just kind of sucks as a moderator/interviewer.

Thank goodness it was only 2 episodes. If they had displayed an abundance of boobsge on the verge of escape, they may have gotten a third episode. I say this because I am so unclear on why RHOA has a 3 part reunion - it was more boring than RHOD

• Love 3

I feel like two things can be true at once: (1) Tiffany was way out of line with pressuring people to eat things they didn’t want to eat and sneaking crickets on Brandi’s plate and (2) Kam’s reaction was at the very least culturally insensitive and bordering on casual/unintentional racism.

I’m vegan and, before I was vegan, I was vegetarian for more than 20 years. There’s a lot of food I clearly don’t eat and I detest the social pressures others feel the need to exert on those who choose not to consume something (whether food or alcohol, etc).  I’ve dealt with these pressures the vast majority of my life and it’s exhausting, frustrating, disrespectful, etc. Choosing not to eat something isn’t, in and of itself, racist or culturally insensitive. Tiffany was really out of line in both her handling of Kam at dim sum and her feeding crickets to Brandi without consent. I agree with Stephanie’s analysis that Tiffany was trying way too hard to make a moment for the show. 

This all said, Kam’s reaction AFTER dim sum was not ok, IMO. Part of it is her inability to let things go (really- she mostly handled things well at dim sum and should have just let it drop after). But, if Kam wasn’t going to let it go (I mean, what would Bravo be if housewives let things go?), she could have approached things very differently. I know it was because she was feeling defensive, but it is problematic that Kam kept trying to define Tiffany’s culture to her. Rejecting chicken feet isn’t a rejection or judgment of Chinese culture, but it’s also not accurate nor appropriate for Kam to ignore the importance of cultural foods. You can choose to not eat something without calling it disgusting/comparing it to dog treats or assholes (this is on Steph too). You can also choose not to eat something while still accepting your friend’s/co-worker’s explanation that said food is important in their culture. 

Both of them failed majorly here, but it did seem to me that Tiffany recognized she was wrong in trying to push so hard on the food. It took Kam a lot longer to recognize that her reaction to Tiffany’s provocation was really inappropriate and WHY it was inappropriate (I’d actually venture that Kam stubbornly still doesn’t really get it because she is really bad at listening and modifying her opinion). 

• Useful 2
  • Love 16
29 minutes ago, MrsWitter said:

I feel like two things can be true at once: (1) Tiffany was way out of line with pressuring people to eat things they didn’t want to eat and sneaking crickets on Brandi’s plate and (2) Kam’s reaction was at the very least culturally insensitive and bordering on casual/unintentional racism.

I’m vegan and, before I was vegan, I was vegetarian for more than 20 years. There’s a lot of food I clearly don’t eat and I detest the social pressures others feel the need to exert on those who choose not to consume something (whether food or alcohol, etc).  I’ve dealt with these pressures the vast majority of my life and it’s exhausting, frustrating, disrespectful, etc. Choosing not to eat something isn’t, in and of itself, racist or culturally insensitive. Tiffany was really out of line in both her handling of Kam at dim sum and her feeding crickets to Brandi without consent. I agree with Stephanie’s analysis that Tiffany was trying way too hard to make a moment for the show. 

This all said, Kam’s reaction AFTER dim sum was not ok, IMO. Part of it is her inability to let things go (really- she mostly handled things well at dim sum and should have just let it drop after). But, if Kam wasn’t going to let it go (I mean, what would Bravo be if housewives let things go?), she could have approached things very differently. I know it was because she was feeling defensive, but it is problematic that Kam kept trying to define Tiffany’s culture to her. Rejecting chicken feet isn’t a rejection or judgment of Chinese culture, but it’s also not accurate nor appropriate for Kam to ignore the importance of cultural foods. You can choose to not eat something without calling it disgusting/comparing it to dog treats or assholes (this is on Steph too). You can also choose not to eat something while still accepting your friend’s/co-worker’s explanation that said food is important in their culture. 

Both of them failed majorly here, but it did seem to me that Tiffany recognized she was wrong in trying to push so hard on the food. It took Kam a lot longer to recognize that her reaction to Tiffany’s provocation was really inappropriate and WHY it was inappropriate (I’d actually venture that Kam stubbornly still doesn’t really get it because she is really bad at listening and modifying her opinion). 

I get where you're coming from. I agree that we should all be respectful of one another's cultures and eating. I could be wrong and not sure if you'd remember even if I'm not, but I think we posted back and forth about this issue when we discussed Vanderpump's activism. (I apologized if I'm remembering incorrectly, there are only a few veggie gals here if IRC.) One of my points was that a lot of Americans/people of the Western world do absolutely have this racist, xenophobic attitude. The way we view, treat, and consume animals is just right, but ew, in this foreign country...

So even if I am not on Tiffany's side, I'm actually often the first to defend other cultures. It just depends on the situation. As an animal lover, an animal is basically an animal to me. After so many years of not eating meat, tbh, any kind of meat grosses me out. I'd never say that to my friends or anyone else I'd have a meal with, because I think it would be very rude and ruin the meal. I can't stand the smell of dairy milk either, but I have family members who love it. I also don't think anyone feels inspired to eat more plant based when they're pushed. 

The same goes for foods considered exotic in America. If someone is intrigued, I'm sure that's a lot more comfortable and enjoyable for everyone. There are a lot of adventurous people who'd gladly try anything. I think if Tiffany merely had chicken feet at her dinner but wasn't pushy about it, I'd see her side more than I do. While I can say, hey Kameron shouldn't have done this or Stephanie shouldn't have said that, I'm still more offended by Tiffany, who was ultimately the provocateur of the whole thing. Her role with the chicken feet and crickets wasn't reactive or offensive due to ignorance. She tried to intimidate the women. I also think it's a very violating thing to sneak stuff into someone's food. I agree that Kam isn't always the best listener and could get extra to create story, but those are more minor offenses to me. Kameron is also a favorite of mine. While I try to be objective about all these heifers, maybe I still can't help being a bit biased. 😀

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

but it is problematic that Kam kept trying to define Tiffany’s culture to her. Rejecting chicken feet isn’t a rejection or judgment of Chinese culture, but it’s also not accurate nor appropriate for Kam to ignore the importance of cultural foods. You can choose to not eat something without calling it disgusting/comparing it to dog treats or assholes (this is on Steph too). You can also choose not to eat something while still accepting your friend’s/co-worker’s explanation that said food is important in their culture. 

tenor.gif

I don't think Tiffany is any worse than any of the other HWs. I'd be happy to see her come back next season.

I'd be happy if Kary and Brandy were gone next season.

• Love 10

I do think Deandra's money is in a trust - I seem to think that when she took over the business she was broke and was asking her mom to release some money from the trust to her.  If Mama D is withholding the money to a 40 something year old woman - that makes me a little sick.  Mama knows that once Deandra gets her trust - she will never see her daughter again.....and I say GOOD.  Controlling bitch.  

• Love 4

Kam came off as such an idiot. Trying to come for Tiffany and her tictoks about her culture/life. Of course her and and her fellow white friends talked about the Asian lady and decided she was being racist. 

Why is it up to Tiffany to teach these white women about racism and different cultures. 

I normally like Steph but she skates by a lot.

I cannot stand Kary and hope she is gone next season. 

I feel bad about Brandis MIL dying and her kid being in the car but everything else I dont feel bad about. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
(edited)
15 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I get where you're coming from. I agree that we should all be respectful of one another's cultures and eating. I could be wrong and not sure if you'd remember even if I'm not, but I think we posted back and forth about this issue when we discussed Vanderpump's activism. (I apologized if I'm remembering incorrectly, there are only a few veggie gals here if IRC.) One of my points was that a lot of Americans/people of the Western world do absolutely have this racist, xenophobic attitude. The way we view, treat, and consume animals is just right, but ew, in this foreign country...

So even if I am not on Tiffany's side, I'm actually often the first to defend other cultures. It just depends on the situation. As an animal lover, an animal is basically an animal to me. After so many years of not eating meat, tbh, any kind of meat grosses me out. I'd never say that to my friends or anyone else I'd have a meal with, because I think it would be very rude and ruin the meal. I can't stand the smell of dairy milk either, but I have family members who love it. I also don't think anyone feels inspired to eat more plant based when they're pushed. 

The same goes for foods considered exotic in America. If someone is intrigued, I'm sure that's a lot more comfortable and enjoyable for everyone. There are a lot of adventurous people who'd gladly try anything. I think if Tiffany merely had chicken feet at her dinner but wasn't pushy about it, I'd see her side more than I do. While I can say, hey Kameron shouldn't have done this or Stephanie shouldn't have said that, I'm still more offended by Tiffany, who was ultimately the provocateur of the whole thing. Her role with the chicken feet and crickets wasn't reactive or offensive due to ignorance. She tried to intimidate the women. I also think it's a very violating thing to sneak stuff into someone's food. I agree that Kam isn't always the best listener and could get extra to create story, but those are more minor offenses to me. Kameron is also a favorite of mine. While I try to be objective about all these heifers, maybe I still can't help being a bit biased. 😀

That WAS me who had the conversation re: LVP with you. I had completely forgotten about that specific conversation until you mentioned it, but I always remember that you’re a fellow veggie! 💖

I agree with you on a lot of the overall thoughts you expressed, but I just can’t with Kam. I agree Tiffany provoked it initially. I really felt for Kam and was giving Tiffany major side-eye early in the season.  But, throughout the season, Tiffany has shown a willingness to improve her (somewhat inept) social skills and try to understand the perspective of her castmates. She offered Brandi tremendous grace because it seemed like Brandi was trying to learn and be better (I’m not sure if Brandi did really learn and get better, but she made a show of trying). I really appreciate people (not just Housewives) who can change their opinion or beliefs based on new information and/or listening to the criticism of others. I think Tiffany has shown she’s capable of that and I honestly haven’t seen that from Kam. Based on the latest drama on Twitter (as someone posted on the media thread), Kam is digging in even harder and showing her complete cultural tone deafness. At this point, if Kam is still ignorant, it’s willful ignorance. And that, to me, is worse than anything Tiffany has done. I really have wanted to like Kam- I love all the pink and glitter and fun and dogs (although I tend to prefer the big mutty type than the small purebreds she favors), but all that loveliness is just muddied for me by the ugliness of her ignorance.

ETA: I probably haven’t emphasized enough how horrible I think Tiffany was sneaking the crickets into Brandi’s meal (and pressuring Kam at dim sum). I’ve had people try to sneak me food I don’t eat, mock what I eat, pressure me to eat meat, wave all manner of animal foods in my face, etc. over the years. When I can, I’ve cut those people out of my life (thankfully, it’s much less common now than when I was, say, 14, but some, like Mr. Witter’s mom, still display the maturity of a 14-year-old boy). So I find what Tiffany did really quite detestable. But, the thing is: I don’t think she’d do it again now. I think while she is still (rightfully) defending her cultural foods, she’s not likely to pull the same stunts she did early in the season. Kam, however, is a stuck, stuck, stuck badger, badger, badger!

Edited by MrsWitter
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I do think Deandra's money is in a trust - I seem to think that when she took over the business she was broke and was asking her mom to release some money from the trust to her.  If Mama D is withholding the money to a 40 something year old woman - that makes me a little sick.  Mama knows that once Deandra gets her trust - she will never see her daughter again.....and I say GOOD.  Controlling bitch.  

Their relationship seems toxic to me. D’Andra was wasted in that clip when she called her mother the b-word. Strange no one mentioned that. No an excuse but she probably wouldn’t have said it sober.

Brandi and D’Andra’s faces both looked over-filled to me. Kam, Stephanie and Tiffany all looked good. 

• Love 5

I like Kam but listening to her go on and on about Tiffany because Tiff made fun of her on social media was tedious. All Kam did was make herself look like a fool.
Don’t get me wrong, Tiffany is also a fool. Does she speak in that Kardashian manner when she is administering anesthesia?
I felt the ladies were coddling Katy who was an atrocious drunk this season. I believe she announced the split for the purpose of excusing her drunken behavior.
When they showed Brandi getting a chair out for Leeanne at last year’s reunion it almost negated any pity I had for her, however, she has been thru a lot. The accident that took her mil but that her daughter survived must have been such a traumatic time. 
Deandras face looked fresh off a surgery.

• Love 3

I dislike Tiffany tremendously, but I was squirming at Kam’s accusations of stereotyping. I’m not one to believe the Blonde Detective is a secret genius, and I may give her a little leeway for her intellectual shortcomings, but I *think* she was trying her best (and failing, as of course she would) to verbalize something I agree with entirely: disliking a small aspect of something associated with a culture is not disparaging an entire culture. I have ZERO DOUBT Tiffany knew the ladies would think chicken feet were gross. We typically don’t eat feet in the US, although in my part of the south, people eat chitterlings, blood sausage, pigs feet. I don’t, and everywhere I’ve seen it offered, lots people turn up their noses and refuse to eat it. Tiffany made the refusal an assault on her culture knowing full well it wouldn’t go over. 
And I’ll bet my upwards of 40M fortune D’Andra’s full of shit about that second inheritance. That’s how she comes back from the accusation she changed her name for less than honorable reasons. And now she’s also split it with her stepbrother? Okay. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, RedInk said:

And I’ll bet my upwards of 40M fortune D’Andra’s full of shit about that second inheritance. That’s how she comes back from the accusation she changed her name for less than honorable reasons. And now she’s also split it with her stepbrother? Okay. 

Yeah, what was that? The explanation at the reunion made things even less clear than they were during the season. If out of the kindness of her heart D’Andra split it, why is there such animosity (on the part of the brother) to the point of not speaking at all? Even if I didn’t like someone that much, if they decided (again, out of the apparent kindness of their heart) to give me $20 million or so when they legally didn’t have to, I don’t think I would shun said family member. And, yes, this massive inheritance does not jive with what we saw earlier with D’Andra begging for loans from Dee and selling off designer dresses. I think you definitely hit on something with D’Andra forwarding this narrative as a way to mitigate gossip about her name change.

Andy did a supremely shitty job of clarifying the story. And normally he’s so talented at elucidating background stories! /s 😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I think the trust Mama Dee has control over is D’Andra’s trust from her stepfather, Mr. Simmons. It would be odd for Mama Dee to have control over a trust D’Andra’s biological father left his daughter, especially since he divorced Mama Dee when D’Andra was six, he died when she was over 18, she and is now in her 50s.

But that also doesn’t explain why D’Andra needed more money from Dee for her company, unless D’Andra didn’t want to dip into her own funds for what was her mother’s business?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

As original recipe Cary once said about Kam 'she can't let shit go'...and now finally come back to haunt her.  She always looked down on Brandi and Stephanie for being beneath her so having Tiffany look down on her was karmic. 

With that said, Tiffany needs some therapy since it seems like her upbringing affected her.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

As original recipe Cary once said about Kam 'she can't let shit go'...and now finally come back to haunt her.  She always looked down on Brandi and Stephanie for being beneath her so having Tiffany look down on her was karmic. 

With that said, Tiffany needs some therapy since it seems like her upbringing affected her.

I miss original Cary.

• Love 7

As original recipe Cary once said about Kam 'she can't let shit go'

I imagine on her deathbed, rather than telling her loved one she loves them and/or admits to some of the regrets she has with her life, she would instead list again all the things she was right at, even when she wasn't.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, SimonSeymour said:

I think the trust Mama Dee has control over is D’Andra’s trust from her stepfather, Mr. Simmons. It would be odd for Mama Dee to have control over a trust D’Andra’s biological father left his daughter, especially since he divorced Mama Dee when D’Andra was six, he died when she was over 18, she and is now in her 50s.

But that also doesn’t explain why D’Andra needed more money from Dee for her company, unless D’Andra didn’t want to dip into her own funds for what was her mother’s business?

I hear ya - but maybe Mama Dee has control of the bio dad's trust for D'Andra because Mama D declined child support and that was part of the deal.  "Leave your money in a trust for our daughter, but I control it, just as I would the child support"  I don't know..... 

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, RedInk said:

I dislike Tiffany tremendously, but I was squirming at Kam’s accusations of stereotyping. I’m not one to believe the Blonde Detective is a secret genius, and I may give her a little leeway for her intellectual shortcomings, but I *think* she was trying her best (and failing, as of course she would) to verbalize something I agree with entirely: disliking a small aspect of something associated with a culture is not disparaging an entire culture. I have ZERO DOUBT Tiffany knew the ladies would think chicken feet were gross. We typically don’t eat feet in the US, although in my part of the south, people eat chitterlings, blood sausage, pigs feet. I don’t, and everywhere I’ve seen it offered, lots people turn up their noses and refuse to eat it. Tiffany made the refusal an assault on her culture knowing full well it wouldn’t go over. 

I  agree with pretty much everything you have posted and would add that Tiffany completely lost me with her use of "whitesplaining".

• Love 2