Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E16: Southfork Goes South

• Start Topic

Recreating the infamous “Who Shot J.R.?” moment from the hit series Dallas, the ladies try to solve the mystery of "Who Shot Brandi?" The husbands join their wives for a day of fun and armadillo racing, but the absence of Eduardo proves too much for Kary to handle.

This is the last regular episode of the season.  It's all reunions after this. 

Original air date 2021.04.27

• Useful 2

Brandi and Kary are so annoying. They aren’t even fun drunks. I like to party but they are just obnoxious dbags. Isn’t Brandi prego during all of this too? They don’t even feel bad they just think they are so hilarious. Bleh them. Of course they didn’t break anything major but it’s just so lame.

Of course Kary ruins the murder mystery by pushing D’andra in the pool. 

Hasn’t Karys marriage always been shitty? I thought her pathetic jewellery line was her divorce fund cause there’s such a crazy tight prenup.

How is Kary not herself? Isn’t she always a bitch lol. Pretty hilarious she doesn’t think she’s mean. Delusional. 

I did not know Tiffany’s husband was 47.

Court and Kam just seem to work.

Brian seems so into Brandi lol.

Travis seems like a douche like usual.

• Love 11

Ugh Kari it doesn’t matter what you broke the fact that you had no remorse at all for breaking someone else’s property should have been enough. You make "fake" apologies and think people should just move on ... 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 15

Look, South Fork isn't a museum to me.  I would characterize it as a pop culture tourist attraction but Kary and Brandy were completely rude.  It wasn't as if Kary took a hammer to the Pieta and I wonder if she has developed some self-awareness after this season?  I hope she gets the help she obviously needs.

I liked seeing the husbands at South Fork at the finale.  Well done.

• Love 2

I've just gotta say something that's been bugging me since last week: Dallas, the TV show, aired originally from 1978 until 1991.  It wasn't a cultural juggernaut all of those years, but I remember watching it as a kid in the mid-80s.  But I remember a lot of 80s TV, back when people weren't so concerned with "screen time"--which I think is absolute shite, given what the alternatives are.  But whomever shot JR did NOT kill him!  

Also, zero people expect Kary to be still married to Eduardo.  He was clearly Grammering her.  

And I am a sucker, but I believe that if Stephanie got away from Travis and went her own way, she's not be such a  problematic snowflake.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, amarante said:

It doesn't really matter whether Southfork was filled with irreplaceable stuff or just the crap they had in there. The bottom line is that *normal* people don't get so drunk that they destroy property or insult others. I don't find that level of being drunk amusing - I find it sad and frightening that any people - let alone those past the age of 25 - would drink to such excess that they are completely out of control.

Also I don't think being drunk changes who you are. If you are essentially a nice person, you don't suddenly become a vile person like Kary who insults the size of a man's penis on television. Of everything Kary did, I think her treatment of the hunter was that absolute worst because she deliberately and over an extended period of time attempted to humiliate him. Tossing salsa on a bed was just the topping on the tortilla so to speak. And I don't know what kind of bedding was used but most sheets would have soaked through and ruined the mattress.

Being in a bad place emotionally - theoretically - doesn't act as a get out of jail card. Her life was not so hard this year - especially compared to millions of people dealing with real issues and not protected by money. I will get great satisfaction when Eduoardo kicks her ass out and the prenup is upheld - especially since she is theoretically earning a good salary and there is no justification for not enforcing the prenup - no children from the marriage and not even any minor children preventing her from working to support herself. 

I suspect she is currently legally separated based on the "card" at the end which said her marriage is complicated and also the teaser from the reunion and what was alluded to in WWHL last night. Both Stephanie and D'Andra showed themselves to be intelligent and well spoken.

I'm not going to give her a pass per se but I would like to offer her some grace as I really feel she is struggling.  I'm not sure if you are of the hormonal age yet but I am and sometimes feel like a crazy person.  I have always been very laid back....until now.  I am 49, I believe Kary is 50.  I want to chase people down in my car, things come out of my mouth that I used to be able to store nicely in my head, things that used to roll off of me now nag me for DAYS, insomnia, etc.  I have never intentionally broken or damaged property.  Either way, I think she needs help.  For me Wellbutrin has taken the edge off, for her it could be something else.  I hope she reflects on what she has seen on the screen and does some work on herself.  I really enjoyed her last year and she seemed like a fun person to hang out with, this year not so much.  

Edited by klh25
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Hiyo said:

In the original series, no. In the revival series, yes.

As I recall, Larry Hagman had died so they had to write the series around his death and make it work. I don't think they would have killed him off if Hagman hadn't died. Even as part of the revival JR was the absolutely most riveting character. The others were just unmemorable which is why the original Dallas stayed on the air and the revival was yanked relatively quickly.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Kary said the other women were acting like she and Brandy destroyed a President's tomb. It was a fake set up for a soap opera. Yes, that is true but it doesn't matter if they were at the Met or a shack in the woods. They were in someone else's house. You don't run around like a drunk frat boy and destroy things. 

I'm so tired of Brandy's waterworks. I also cannot believe she threw herself down the stairs.

So did Jen just leave after the 80's night? She wasn't there the next morning. 

11 hours ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

Hands up everyone who thought Eduardo even remotely considered going to the finale dinner with everyone?

?

?

?

Yeah, me neither!

I don't think he has ever shown up for any group events were the husbands were involved. Was he at last season's party? I wasn't shocked at all that he didn't show up to Southfork. 

• Love 9

Unbeknownst to her, Brandi was sixteen weeks preggers?  That's two to three missed periods.  At her age, even with the possibility of being in peri-menopause, consecutive missed periods would raise one's suspicions about possible pregnancy, no?  Especially, for a woman who has birthed two other children.  That's not even taking into account the accompanying changes in one's body by the time you're that far along.  A bit hard to believe.  

• Love 13
29 minutes ago, nosedive said:

Unbeknownst to her, Brandi was sixteen weeks preggers?  That's two to three missed periods.  At her age, even with the possibility of being in peri-menopause, consecutive missed periods would raise one's suspicions about possible pregnancy, no?  Especially, for a woman who has birthed two other children.  That's not even taking into account the accompanying changes in one's body by the time you're that far along.  A bit hard to believe.  

Brandi is my age, I believe...43? She was told she was going into perimenopause (supposedly). BUT-

I have never had regular periods and I needed to do IVF for my first two kids. At 41, I skipped a couple of periods and felt bloated. Didn’t think much of it, but definitely noticed my bloat wasn’t going away. Know what I did, despite’s being 41 with a hx of infertility and irregular cycles? I took a test! And lo and behold- pregnant. Found out relatively early.

Brandi is a freaking idiot.

• Love 15

I give Brandi a bit of a pass on her pregnancy.  She may have spotted a bit and having been told she was peri-menopausal, she was just, "Meh?"

4 hours ago, amarante said:

doesn't really matter whether Southfork was filled with irreplaceable stuff or just the crap they had in there. The bottom line is that *normal* people don't get so drunk that they destroy property or insult others. I don't find that level of being drunk amusing

I think we are saying the same thing but it reads differently?  South Fork is a pop Mecca and not the Pieta but does not deserve to be defiled by the guests.  I think we are in violent agreement.

• Love 4

I call shenanigans on Brandi's pregnancy.  She looked very pregnant in this episode.  In others, she had been wrapping a sweater around her waist.  Come on.  She had to know or suspect.  But she was drinking--so she doesn't want to admit that. 

The murder mystery was dumb.  I was not paying attention.  How did they figure out that D'Andra was the murderer? 

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, GussieK said:

The murder mystery was dumb.  I was not paying attention.  How did they figure out that D'Andra was the murderer? 

So dumb that I ff'd through the entire scene.  B-O-R-I-N-G

• Love 8
38 minutes ago, GussieK said:

I call shenanigans on Brandi's pregnancy.  She looked very pregnant in this episode.  In others, she had been wrapping a sweater around her waist.  Come on.  She had to know or suspect.  But she was drinking--so she doesn't want to admit that. 

Did they actually figure it out or did D'Andra expose herself when she started with the shooting?

• Love 2

I think D’andra exposed herself when she grabbed the gun and killed a bunch of ppl. Then Kary ruined the whole thing by pushing D’andra in the pool which basically ended it I guess. Murder mystery parties are so dumb I would never want to be a part of one lol.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, klh25 said:

I'm not going to give her a pass per se but I would like to offer her some grace as I really feel she is struggling.  I'm not sure if you are of the hormonal age yet but I am and sometimes feel like a crazy person.  I have always been very laid back....until now.  I am 49, I believe Kary is 50.  I want to chase people down in my car, things come out of my mouth that I used to be able to store nicely in my head, things that used to roll off of me now nag me for DAYS, insomnia, etc.  I have never intentionally broken or damaged property.  Either way, I think she needs help.  For me Wellbutrin has taken the edge off, for her it could be something else.  I hope she reflects on what she has seen on the screen and does some work on herself.  I really enjoyed her last year and she seemed like a fun person to hang out with, this year not so much.  

IMO, Kary was an asshole last year, and an even bigger asshole this year.  I don't see any sincerity ~ nor in her apologies.  Just reading body languages and facial expressions of the others, they seem really sick of her crap!!  

• Love 18
9 minutes ago, KoKo said:

IMO, Kary was an asshole last year, and an even bigger asshole this year.  I don't see any sincerity ~ nor in her apologies.  Just reading body languages and facial expressions of the others, they seem really sick of her crap!!  

Kary was awful last year; LeeAnn’s racism, stupidity, and overall overbearing personality overshadowed a lot of Kary’s poor qualities but she was terrible. I couldn’t stand the woman then and can’t stand her now. It was very clear that she had an agenda last year and also very clear that she and Eduardo were in a dead marriage. Personally, I think that if LeeAnn hadn’t dug her own grave and made those racist comments against Kary, the woman would’ve been fired after last season. She’s so unlikable.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18

This show just recycles things that have already happened on other housewives shows.  NY did the Murder Mystery and NJ did the trip to Oklahoma.  Of course the New Jersey women thought Oklahoma was a foreign place (and that the folks would be stunned into stupidity by their NJ sophistication🤣 ) but I was disappointed to see the Dallas girls act like they were in the wilderness when they went there.  Comeon girls--- it's just over the border from where you live! 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, DeeplyShallow said:

Kary was awful last year; LeeAnn’s racism, stupidity, and overall overbearing personality overshadowed a lot of Kary’s poor qualities but she was terrible. I couldn’t stand the woman then and can’t stand her now. It was very clear that she had an agenda last year and also very clear that she and Eduardo were in a dead marriage. Personally, I think that if LeeAnn hadn’t dug her own grave and made those racist comments against Kary, the woman would’ve been fired after last season. She’s so unlikable.

I agree that Kary was lucky that Leanne essentially destroyed herself. Kary was awful and unlikable that season but there was no way BRAVO could have gotten rid of the chirpy Mexican without getting major backlash.

And obviously the marriage was in trouble - who discusses their air tight prenup and explains that they need to make money because they would be left with nothing if there were a divorce. If I were married to someone who was complaining that they would be left with no money if we divorced I certainly would assume that my significant other was just viewing me as a meal ticket.

• Love 8
On 4/28/2021 at 12:54 PM, nosedive said:

So many reasons not to believe her, but the biggest thing to me is that she is absolutely showing - and knowing her, as the person who has had a mommy makeover - she wouldn't just shrug off a huge stomach.  She has a visible bump and someone who obviously never wants to appear fat doesn't care?  Nope, it is total BS.

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
22 hours ago, KoKo said:

I loved Kary last year, I don't think she was an ahole at all.  Only one I could never stand was LeeAnne, so glad she is gone.  Awful person...

• Love 2
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

So many reasons not to believe her, but the biggest thing to me is that she is absolutely showing - and knowing her, as the person who has had a mommy makeover - she wouldn't just shrug off a huge stomach.  She has a visible bump and someone who obviously never wants to appear fat doesn't care?  Nope, it is total BS.

35 minutes ago, TheCouchPotato said:

Not to be judgmental but I will be. Brandi is clearly pregnant and she would pretty stupid to not know for 16 weeks. Please tell me that the alcohol was apple juice and club soda. 

I have seen so many people defend her but I absolutely refuse to believe someone so vain would just ignore or shrug off an obvious “gut” & weight gain. It’s clearly not bloat 🙄

• Love 10
1 hour ago, DeeplyShallow said:

I have seen so many people defend her but I absolutely refuse to believe someone so vain would just ignore or shrug off an obvious “gut” & weight gain. It’s clearly not bloat 🙄

Exactly!  And the other ladies had to have known, too.  It is obvious to all of us watching, so they knew.  There is a doctor in the group.  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, DeeplyShallow said:

have seen so many people defend her but I absolutely refuse to believe someone so vain would just ignore or shrug off an obvious “gut” & weight gain. It’s clearly not bloat

Well, I'm trying to shrug off my obvious "gut" & weight gain.  I'm 62, so no pregnancy, and I'm now trying to run more.  Damned COVID weight gain!

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

Did anyone else's recording show up as a "Never Before Scene"? 

Can they not edit out these women farting? Yes, I'm prissy like Kameron. 

I really hope Brandi's baby is okay. 

D'Andra is so beautiful. I never get over it. 

The big hair is really flattering on Kary. I'm curious if her behavior will change...

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, albarino said:

Well, I'm trying to shrug off my obvious "gut" & weight gain.  I'm 62, so no pregnancy, and I'm now trying to run more.  Damned COVID weight gain!

Key word in my post was “vain”- Brandi is very vain and clearer concerned enough about her appearance that she went through a mommy makeover. Someone who knows elects to have that much surgery will not be cavalier about such a significant weight gain....especially during filming.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, GussieK said:

I have no memory of a murder mystery outing on RHONY.  I will have to seek that out. 

If I remember it correctly it took place at Dorinda's house, the HW's dressed up like flappers, Sonja threw herself at either the fake detective or maybe it was the corpse, the HW's were so busy fighting that the mystery cast sort of gave up.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

"Dallas" as a cultural phenomenon: I lived in TX for several years and worked at a CBS affiliate. In those days we got the news and other programming feeds early (pre-digital). The engineer who received and viewed the feed (quality check) knew who shot JR ahead of the broadcast but was sworn to secrecy by the bosses.

My point: the show was a huge cultural phenomenon. Bars all over the country held "who shot JR" events, department stores worked the theme into displays, there was betting. We received hundreds of calls at the station asking us to "please, please tell me who shot JR." There were bribes offered.

Changing the subject: if the show would get rid of Brandi and Kary I would consider watching again. I love TX but loathe Brandi and only hate Kary. They will never get rid of Mama Dee so I would resort to FFing.

This is Texas - can they not find anyone who is rich and outlandish, but who has a brain? And manners?

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Useful 2
  • Love 11
19 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

18 hours ago, DeeplyShallow said:

Alright, you all might have just convinced me that she knew. I was looking at it through the lens of a “normal” person- one who might struggle with weight gain during COVID, depressive or stressful periods, perimenopause, etc. And I was also struggling to believe that anyone would willingly drink that much (on camera!) while pregnant knowing the world would see. But *tsk* on me- I’ve been watching these housewives for 15 years and I still am (sometimes) surprised when some of them show themselves to be next-level wretched people.

Another theory (I’m just throwing this out there and I’m not sure I believe it but would be curious what others here think)- do you think Brandi sorta knew/suspected she was pregnant but convinced herself she would likely miscarry again because of certain pre-existing conditions? Even if she didn’t want the baby, I could see her telling herself “well, as a Christian woman, I believe in God’s will” so I’m not going to *medically* interfere with this pregnancy? I’ll just help that will along a bit by drinking myself into oblivion and throwing myself down the stairs?

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

"Dallas" as a cultural phenomenon: I lived in TX for several years and worked at a CBS affiliate. In those days we got the news and other programming feeds early (pre-digital). The engineer who received and viewed the feed (quality check) knew who shot JR ahead of the broadcast but was sworn to secrecy by the bosses.

My point: the show was a huge cultural phenomenon.

I was a teenager then, and a huge fan of the show, it was most definitely a phenomenon.  It made the cover of Time Magazine.

• Love 3
23 hours ago, klh25 said:

I loved Kary last year, I don't think she was an ahole at all.  Only one I could never stand was LeeAnne, so glad she is gone.  Awful person...

Agree to Disagree........... and I think Kary is every bit as bad as LeeAnne. 

• Love 12

I'm surprised Kary drinks as much as she does considering how she's talked o being a child of an alcoholic.  She also peer pressures others to drink..which also fascinates me.  I've never seen anyone with such a disconnect from reality and logic.

Her hubby looked done with her last season..tbh

• Love 13
11 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

My point: the show was a huge cultural phenomenon. Bars all over the country held "who shot JR" events, department stores worked the theme into displays, there was betting. We received hundreds of calls at the station asking us to "please, please tell me who shot JR." There were bribes offered.

Changing the subject: if the show would get rid of Brandi and Kary I would consider watching again. I love TX but loathe Brandi and only hate Kary. They will never get rid of Mama Dee so I would resort to FFing.

This is Texas - can they not find anyone who is rich and outlandish, but who has a brain? And manners?

I was in the hospital having birthed my first child on 20 November 1980.  The reveal, due to a writer’s strike, of who killed J.R. was on 21 November 1980.  Virtually every nurse on my floor wing was in my room that night to see the reveal.  And I don’t believe the JR story was as a result of the death of Larry Hagman.  According to his Wiki, he died in 2012 at the ripe old age of 81.  I think it might have been a contract issue???

• Love 3

And I don’t believe the JR story was as a result of the death of Larry Hagman.

That was during the revival series, not during the original show.

People seem to be confusing the two.