Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: Tell All

• Start Topic

(edited)
Let me begin by confessing I didn't watch but I am curious about this, and I'm a little confused about who made the request. Christine or Tamron? And so I wonder why Christine walked off. Was it high drama?

ETA: Now that I read through I see it is discussed at length. Now, from her tweet I want to know what was the other issue on her mind?

^^^  She found out there was a toaster in the break room at the studio?

Edited by Zahdii
  • Love 11

So is Christine upset about Robyn's pregnancy? No pity here for Christine, if she was a "boring monogamist" she wouldn't have that problem.

You know, I normally would have at least some sympathy for someone who seems to be so emotionally delicate. Then I remember this wench's constant dissing of my emotionally- and financially-stable (and legal!) "lifestyle," and my gut reaction is, "meh."

Wonder what the background is on that. Sounds like those who watched (and interviewed) are equally in the dark.

^^^  She found out there was a toaster in the break room at the studio?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Sorry. Smuggie deserves that.

• Love 3
(edited)

Christine's comments while standing and leaving were in the line of being upset about an earlier part of the interview.  She said 'I have to take a break, I should have done this earlier.    I think she was upset about the question regarding the time split for Kody between the wives.  Kody first refused to answer it, and was offended by the question.  Tamron went around him and asked the wives.  3 of the 4 said yes, they felt lonely and felt the time split unfair.  Robyn did not answer it, at least, as far as I saw.  It's tough to keep your eye on 4 people at once.   

Unless this was filmed in the spring, I don't think Robyn in pregnant.   Although I missed the first two minutes, she didn't look like she was.

Unless this was filmed in the spring, I don't think they are ever going to get the MSWC money.

Robyn needs to give some real thought to how she answered the question about Meri and school.  She (in addition to the business thing) briefly said something similar in the TH in the college episode itself.   What she says sounds dangerously close to cult-ish.  yes, a young adult spreads her/his wings in college, meets lots of new people, changes their minds on issues, etc.  Meri is 40, her thoughts on issues, etc are long  set.  She's not being to be attending frat parties, she's going to be going to classes (some on online), and coming home.   What is going to affect Meri most is what has been affecting her for the last couple of years, empty nest syndrome.  At least she's gotten past the terrifying part, and has moved on to the 'It's me time' part.

There was really nothing new here, it was a review of the season.  Even the personal questions have all been asked in one of the last two 'tell-alls' prior to this.   For people who actually watch their own show, they don't seem to pay attention to the scenes other than to see if Kody's hair is still there.  They are clueless as to how Kody's hormone speech went, clueness at their own presentation flaws.  I knew exactly how the investors took Christine's 'lazy and complacent' comment, because is how I took it.  Christine meant what she said.... that if they got too much money, they would blow it on fast cars and so forth, rather than working on the business.    If I were involved in a reality show, and I saw how I looked in the resulting episode, I think I would run for the hills.  they seem to think they are special, and that they are being portrayed that way.  Meanwhile, their viewers watch them for laughs.

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 4

What I wanted Tamron Hall to ask is if hormones are in danger of being spread around when the kids kiss, what exactly is happening when Kody kisses his 4 (gag) wives?   Are they down with sharing all those hormones?  Or are hormones only a danger when you are a teenager?   So many questions.

• Love 6

I thought Christine was spot on in saying that Meri would be a more engaged member of the family if she felt like a whole and fulfilled person on her own - which she could accomplish by going back to school. That was a very empathetic and understanding frame of mind. As opposed to grimace-faced Robyn and all her concern about losing her little buddy. 

I don't find it surprising at all that Mykelti wants to be a single mom, she was raised by one. Love seeing the kids as usual. I thought Hunter's "my two wives" tweet was kind of funny, like a little dig at his parents. 

I'm not sure what to think about Christine walking off and Robyn subsequently refusing to discuss their family planning status. These relationships are so weird sometimes. 

Other than that, YAWN.

• Love 3

I dunno why Christine could've walked out...maybe she feels guilty that she's responsible for MSWC not being funded, and why Robyn's not pregnant? Or it could be that she's offended by the "adding kids" question, which she claimed no one's ever asked her in her life.

With this hot mess of boredom, it's entirely possible Christine just had to go to the bathroom and they were so desperate for a drama moment they just used the footage to IMPLY a drama moment.

And that was the most interesting part. Are they really going to renew this dreck?

• Love 1
Christine's comments while standing and leaving were in the line of being upset about an earlier part of the interview.  She said 'I have to take a break, I should have done this earlier.    I think she was upset about the question regarding the time split for Kody between the wives.  Kody first refused to answer it, and was offended by the question.  Tamron went around him and asked the wives.  3 of the 4 said yes, they felt lonely and felt the time split unfair.  Robyn did not answer it, at least, as far as I saw.  It's tough to keep your eye on 4 people at once.

That's an interesting theory. Maybe if Kody and Robyn were trying he was spending a disproportionate amount of time over there? Although, it seems Christine, at least, had this same problem long before now - hence the gym mat discussion. I really wish they would talk more about schedules on this show. One thing I appreciated about the Williams family (My Five Wives) is they were very clear about their rotating schedule and what happens if something comes up and a wife doesn't get her night, etc. 

• Love 4

I don't see the point of the so-called tell-all. It is more like a repeat all. Ain't nobody saying shit that is new or interesting. 

Biggest complaint - how the fuck are you going to have a cliffhanger announcement in the final episode and never even mention it during the "tell-all" season end?

I don't think Robyn is pregnant. I just believe her and Kody have perhaps agreed to start trying. 

I thought the Christine is too upset to stay was a whole lot of nothing. 

As usual, Robyn has the most to say but wasn't really saying anything. What else is new? No surprise that her daughters take after her as they seemed to monopolize the kids section.

No surprise that Robyn was the only wife that didn't have a problem with Kody spending too little time with her. Nice to know that she is still Kody's prize pig.

Are they trying to make the Richard family happen? Not interested. I don't watch that other plig family so I for damn sure ain't watching the Richards Family.

Damn Mariah! I don't like taking about a young girl's looks but I was surprised when I saw her. Those glasses did not help. Those type of hipster glasses are supposed to be ironical when worn by your zoe deschanel and taylor swift types. On Mariah? Not so much. 

I lol'ed when I heard they never got a dime from the investment firm. LOL! What venture capitalist worth shit would give those buffoons one red cent? I guess they are gonna have to pay off their mortgages using TLC money.

• Love 4

Those bangs, oh dear Mariah......not a good look. Did any of the girls play sports? Maybe they don't get enough exercise. It's odd that they are almost all heavy. Meri was thin until recently.

• Love 1

The concensus seems to be that Meri was thinner at the start of the show because she dieted for it. I think the girls are mostly heavy because of what they eat, a lot of high fat, carbs and sugar processed crap. 

I think the Christine storming off was mostly so they had some quasi interesting footage, but seriously, a sisterwife discussing even the possibility of future children is off limits? Isn't that the kind of the point, what makes polygamy so much more interesting than monogamy with love being multiplied? How did they cope when they were all pregnant together, with the constant reminder that Kody was having sex with the otherwives the day after he had sex with them. Or is it because she won't have more kids now and it reminds her of that? 

• Love 1

That's an interesting theory. Maybe if Kody and Robyn were trying he was spending a disproportionate amount of time over there?

I too noticed that Robin was the only one that did not complain about Kody not spending enough time with her.  I guess Kody is spending a lot of time with Robin to impregnate her.  Those women drive me nuts.  They do not represent plural marriage well.  If I were considering plural marriage and saw them, I would run for my life.  After all this time, three wives would have to leave the room if the husband and one wife were going to discuss pregnancy.  In denial much, ladies?  What a mess they are.   I think Christine thinks that Kody and Robin are not having sex if there is no baby to prove it.  When Christine came back to the sofa, she looked happy and smug.  Robin looked sad.

I loved it when the young said "if his dad would stop", they wouldn't have more babies.  

Robin and Janelle were sitting on the same sofa.  There was a lot of space between them.

Wow! Logan really bulked up.  He said he put on a little weight.  I don't know much about body building, but I thought it would take more time and long days in the gym and special protein diet to bulk up that much.  Hope it is all naturally acquired.

• Love 2

The concensus seems to be that Meri was thinner at the start of the show because she dieted for it. I think the girls are mostly heavy because of what they eat, a lot of high fat, carbs and sugar processed crap. 

I think the Christine storming off was mostly so they had some quasi interesting footage, but seriously, a sisterwife discussing even the possibility of future children is off limits? Isn't that the kind of the point, what makes polygamy so much more interesting than monogamy with love being multiplied? How did they cope when they were all pregnant together, with the constant reminder that Kody was having sex with the otherwives the day after he had sex with them. Or is it because she won't have more kids now and it reminds her of that? 

Perhaps I should know this but I don't how old is Christine now? I know she's not really out of the pregnancy age but is she getting close. I'd think she'd be glad. She has a lovely large family. 

They shouldn't do a tell-all if there's nothing to tell.

They shouldn't do a tell-all if it's not the end of the season.

They shouldn't do a tell-all to re-hash what they told in the last eleventy-seven tell-all's where there was nothing to tell.

Bottom line - they're running out of ideas to keep the show going.  I'm having a difficult time finding ratings for this thing, but that's a pretty decent indication that the numbers are nothing to rave about.  There's honestly nothing to root for in this show, except for the kids getting out of the house (shades of another non-rootable show 19 Kids and Counting).

• Love 3

Am I the only one who thinks Mykelti might be a lesbian?

Also, it got really quiet when Tamron asked about premarital sex.  Specifically, Hunter and Logan looked deer in the headlights.  Knowing that family, it's probably all good if the boys don't wait until marriage.

• Love 4
(edited)

Perhaps I should know this but I don't how old is Christine now? I know she's not really out of the pregnancy age but is she getting close. I'd think she'd be glad. She has a lovely large family. 

She is probably around 42 now. I got the distinct impression that Christine was content with not having any more kids and that she herself asserted that she wasn't going to have any more. 

When Christine said in the interview "Sorry I should have said something sooner" or whatever she said, I got the impression she was implying she should have mentioned sooner that she felt awkward about all of them leaving at the same time to leave Kody and Robyn alone for baby talk. I do think it's possible she got upset with Robyn being the only one not having a complaint about not getting enough time with Kody lately. 

Maybe she feels more babies for Robyn means even less time for her with Kody and now that she doesn't have Aspyn around full-time for support, and with the recent scare with Truely's health, perhaps she feels she needs more support. 

Edited by purpleflowers
  • Love 1

I was so hoping that the reason Christine excused herself was because she was pregnant....and I don't mean anything bad...but she looked more pregnant than Robyn....and if Christine was pregnant? that would burn Robyn's butt!.....ahhh...to dream.

• Love 4

Regarding Robyn not having a complaint about time with Kody she did also nod her head along with Meri and Christine.  I'm just now watching it on the DVR. 

Janelle was practically climbing the end of the sofa to keep her distance from Robyn.  She even tried to hitch higher against the end halfway through the interview. 

Ratings will probably be out tomorrow for this episode.  To the person asking about ratings, I've posted them in each episode thread.  This season has overall been lower than previous seasons. 

• Love 2

Is it just me, or did they bleep out some words in two different parts of the show- once when the interviewer asked if the wives complain about not having enough time with Kody, and again when she was interviewing the older kids?

In general the show was a waste of time (in fact such a waste that I haven't even finished watching it) but I did love the look on interviewer's face when Kody said their business plan and presentation for TSWC was sound, or some such nonsense. Thank goodness the investors came to their senses. Gotta love that Kody still thinks the money may come. Which of course is why they have claimed bankrupcy several times - wouldn't want to actually have a life plan B.  

• Love 2

Yeah, but in pictures of Meri from when she was younger, she was very thin. in fact I've never seen a picture of her heavy that wasn't recent.

Kody says that scientific facts back up his "hormones in the mouth" theory.

Book, chapter, and page number, please.

This is true. In this case he does have the science to back it up. As the other poster said, this information is readily available.

http://curiosity.discovery.com/question/body-react-to-kissing

Maybe Christine had a case of the runs and that was why she suddenly had to leave, and the show is trying to make it into something it isn't.  It is a theory anyway.

I also noticed that Robyn was the only one that didn't raise her hand when asked who feels Kody doesn't spend enough time with her.  Very telling. And I have a strong suspicion that somewhere along the way, either a miscarriage or loss of fertility has affected someone else besides Meri, and they are hoping to turn that into the newest storyline.

Also, it got really quiet when Tamron asked about premarital sex.  Specifically, Hunter and Logan looked deer in the headlights.  Knowing that family, it's probably all good if the boys don't wait until marriage.

I think it's kind of refreshing to see kids who seem to have good values and don't want to get physical with someone who isn't important to them, but they're not towing the line and doing it exactly how their parents did. It annoys me to no end how every single Duggar kid wants to adopt the "no hand holding" before courting and then ONLY hand holding once they're courting policy. At least the Brown kids can think for themselves and don't view sex as something so incredibly shameful.

• Love 4

It annoys me to no end how every single Duggar kid wants to adopt the "no hand holding" before courting and then ONLY hand holding once they're courting policy.

The Duggard aren't allowed to hold hands until they are engaged, because a courtship doesn’t always lead to an engagement.”  Before Jill and Derek got a chance to tell the family they were engaged, big mouth Michelle ruined the moment when she started screaming that they were holding hands.

The Duggard aren't allowed to hold hands until they are engaged, because a courtship doesn’t always lead to an engagement.”  Before Jill and Derek got a chance to tell the family they were engaged, big mouth Michelle ruined the moment when she started screaming that they were holding hands.

Ah yes, you are correct. Either way, it just bothers me that every single time we hear the kids say, "We talked about it and decided hand holding is as far as we want to go" - as if they didn't make this decision because they know what's expected of them. The Brown kids know their parents prefer they wait until marriage for sex, and they respect that, but some of them clearly think it's okay to have sex before marriage as long as you're in love and committed. I appreciate that about them. Their parents obviously have not made them afraid to be themselves or go against the grain. 

• Love 1

I struggled with infertility and managed with medication to have 1 son, now 18. Though I am beyond grateful for him, and I'm too old now to have more anyway, the pain of infertility apparently is right under the surface. Not long ago I was in the company of a young couple who I can't call friends, but more friendly acquaintances. They are pregnant "again" simply because they wanted to be. It was VERY hard to hold it together in their presence, a reaction that surprised even me. I am saying this because since Christine's last pregnancy was difficult for her and if she is done having children, learning about a new pregnancy may be too hard for her to deal with. True, if Meri or Janelle then maybe not so hard, but the youngest wife having another may possibly be hard. Don't know...just wondering.

I've known women who were done having children, and absolutely don't want another, but fall apart when having a hysterectomy. The absolute knowledge that you cannot have another child can be overwhelming.

Having said that, if Christine said she was not upset about that, I'm inclined to believe her. I don't hate Robyn like some, but she does have the habit of making everything about her. There's a good chance that Robyn is just convinced that this is the problem, without Christine saying anything of the sort. I think Robyn is the very last person Christine would confide in. Regardless of cause, Christine politely stated that she needed a break, apologized, and quietly removed herself. I don't like that the show made a big deal out of it.

Regarding any double standard regarding the teens - I'm not seeing it. One of the few things I admire in Mormons is the expectation of both males and females to be modest and chaste. Meri told Mykelti to change her top because she had a lot of cleavage showing. We've seen the girls in bathing suits and not being commented on. Logan is in shorts, not underwear, and he's not revealing anything we shouldn't see. I would compare Mykelti's boobs hanging out to a males butt crack exposed. Logan's was covered. Logan was also an adult living on his own, while Mykelti was around fourteen in the Meri scene. We've also seen that the teen girls are allowed to wear shirts that are much less modest than what the wives wear. I do not think Logan is treated like a prince - none of the kids come close to the entitlement that is Mariah.

• Love 5
(edited)
'

Maybe Christine had a case of the runs and that was why she suddenly had to leave, and the show is trying to make it into something it isn't.  It is a theory anyway.

I wondered that too - if they were just trying to make nothing into something.

Just watched the last 1/4, and found a couple of things Christine said interesting (and hypocritical). When she said she gets annoyed when people continually ask if there are going to be more wives or children, I wondered why? Isn't she the one who always waxes poetic about how wonderful polygamy is, and feels sorry for the poor monogomists who are missing all the fun. Wouldn't more wives and more kids just add to that fun, Christine?

Also Christine was the one who commented on how open and accepting the kids at the Brown childrens' schools are. Maybe you could learn something from them, Christine.

I've known women who were done having children, and absolutely don't want another, but fall apart when having a hysterectomy. The absolute knowledge that you cannot have another child can be overwhelming.

It is also something that, at least 20 years ago, was a theory that was totally pushed. Before my hysterectomy I read several books and every.single.one told me that I would go though a depression relating to no longer being able to have kids. It was impossible to find a balanced opinion. Since I have never had or wanted kids, I thought it was doubtful. Turned out that the books were wrong, and I also found out that many women felt it was the best thing they ever did - even mothers. We had a club at work called the Hyster Sisters -lol.

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 1
It is also something that, at least 20 years ago, was a theory that was totally pushed. Before my hysterectomy I read several books and every.single.one told me that I would go though a depression relating to no longer being able to have kids. It was impossible to find a balanced opinion. Since I have never had or wanted kids, I thought it was doubtful. Turned out that the books were wrong, and I also found out that many women felt it was the best thing they ever did - even mothers. We had a club at work called the Hyster Sisters -lol.

But I imagine, also, that unlike the browns, you were not raised like the Brown Wives were probably raised-- that their sole purpose is to have children.  It is hard enough for most women, I imagine, think of what it must be like for the Browns?  I don't plan on having children-- I'm 37 and I've never wanted kids-- but if I needed a hysterectomy or something, I do wonder if I would have a hard time with that.

I don't think Christine had any issue at all. I think they were just trying to do something to make the show more interesting. In my opinion, it was a staged , pretend event.

I tend to agree. TLC already knew this would be a stinker so decided to do something they could use in a commercial to entice us to watch.  Didn't work for me but enjoying the snarks.  Sounds like I didn't miss a thing besides reruns of reruns.  Time to pull the plug.

(edited)

You know a show is hitting the end of the road when one of  the focus points is the guys hairstyles and what the women think of it....ahh..yuck.

Edited by autumnh
  • Love 2

I did love the look on interviewer's face when Kody said their business plan and presentation for TSWC was sound, or some such nonsense

I think he said it was very "professional" a laugh out loud moment indeed!

• Love 4
I'd pay $5 for an actual copy of the presentation.

Geez, don't give them any ideas. That will be the next thing for sale in the Closet and a guaranteed way to pay off the McMansions!

• Love 3

Did I miss something?  They were laughing about the septic tank and Christine announces she needs a break, and then the interviewer starts talking about Kody and Robin having a baby discussion.  Was it bad editing?   I find it strange that Christine, the one who was raised in the lifestyle and "wanted the family, not just the man" is always the one that gets the most upset and jealous.  I can't help but think she really never wanted a 4th wife.  Anyway, the older kids looked great,  Maddie, Aspyn and Mykelti looked so pretty. Aspyn's hair is beautiful.  Mariah is pretty, but she is not as stylish as her sisters, she looks older than her years.  Love Logan and Hunter has really grown on me, turns out he is a funny sweet guy.  The rest of the tell all was boring and Robin looked less than happy at the end.

• Love 2

I was so hoping that the reason Christine excused herself was because she was pregnant....

I actually thought they were going to announce it as a twist (which I would have loved).

Of course, my expectations were way too high.

I also noticed that Robyn was the only one that didn't raise her hand when asked who feels Kody doesn't spend enough time with her.  Very telling. And I have a strong suspicion that somewhere along the way, either a miscarriage or loss of fertility has affected someone else besides Meri, and they are hoping to turn that into the newest storyline.

I hope it's Kody. 

• Love 1
(edited)

but if I needed a hysterectomy or something, I do wonder if I would have a hard time with that.

If you have never wanted kids, I doubt you would have a hard time with it. I have never met anyone (as I said before, including mothers) who didn't think it was the best thing they ever did. Why go through all that pain (for many of us) and inconvenience for no reason? I have always maintained that if men got periods, hysterectomies would be elective surgery.

I find it strange that Christine, the one who was raised in the lifestyle and "wanted the family, not just the man" is always the one that gets the most upset and jealous.

Totally agree with this. With Robyn a close second, but I definitely think Christine was not happy about wife number 4, and would be as upset as Robyn over the thought of wife number 5.

It is funny how much, for the most part, Christine's kids look like her and Janelle's look like Janelle. I reailly don't see much of Kody in any of the kids.

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 1

Hmm....that's a fair question. I just thought it was so odd that Tamron didn't ask her why when she (Mykelti) said she never wanted to get married. You were raised in a strict religous family, your religion and upbringing is very patriarchal, your father got married four times, etc.... Plus, she wants kids. I can guess what her answer is, but I'm surprised she wasn't asked.

Christine walking off set was so weird. Of course Robyn is pregnant, and that clearly is an issue for Christine. I'm wondering if something happened between filming the last episode, when Robyn had an announcement, and the taping of the sit-down interview. Did Christine not know? Maybe she found out just prior to the taping and is dealing with it being a sore spot. Putting aside the family's mixed up views on having more kids, I think it's crappy for the producers to tease something all season long, and then seemingly drop it because one of the wives is not ok talking about it.

As for Kody not spending enough time with three of his four wives, he is one selfish s.o.b., and I'm glad he was busted for it. He just does what he wants to do, every day and every night, and not only is that not fair to the wives, but it's not fair to the kids. But it's the Kody show, so he doesn't care.

• Love 2

I find it difficult to believe that if Robyn were pregnant that they would not have shouted that out sixteen different ways, Christine's feelings be damned. They're so desperate for anything that resembles content at this point I have to think they would have jumped on it--"So, (insert family member name here) what do you think about Robyn's pregnancy?" times 21 people...not to mention hours of couch WH (can't call them Talking Heads, they're Weeping Heads).

They got nothin'.

• Love 2

We've heard Christine parrot "I've always wanted to be the third wife" for years now. It's crystal clear that she wants to be the third of three - not four. Christine is starting to come across a lot of the issues Meri battled alone for years - not being able to give Kody the spawn he needs for his little planet. I suspect that for a decade, the only quality sex was with Christine. Kody sexing up Meri was probably stressful because she was either crying or had her legs up in the air trying to conceive, desperate to produce more Browns. Of course this is speculation, but I wouldn't be surprised if Kody has only slept with Janelle a dozen times in 20 years. He's just not into her other than being appreciative that she gave him the first child and a male. Then along came Christine with her "shameless" flirting.... For an era, she was the sexual one. Then came with Robyn with her Victoria's Secret crotchless panty debt.

• Love 7
She found out there was a toaster in the break room at the studio?

HA! Congratulations @Zahdii ! You win Rhondinella's Totally Meaningless Daily Award For Best Post on One of Her Forums Awards (aka, the RTMDAFBPOHFA, or "the Rhondie" for short).

• Love 8

I've not articulated this rule on this forum before cause I don't remember it ever coming up before.  But . . . .on the 19 Kids forum we instituted a rule that we do not discuss or speculate about the sexual orientation or sexual practices of kids under 18 years old, for several reasons and to avoid potential problems.  So we're going to institute that here as well.  As I understand it Mykelti is only 17 years old (if I'm wrong about that someone correct me), so the rule would apply to her.  The only exception would be if it becomes a topic that is directly addressed on the show itself.

Once the kids are 18 that kind of discussion is permissible.  All other snark on underaged kids is still allowed.  Thanks.  I'll pin the new rule to the top of the forum.

• Love 3
(edited)

The only new and interesting bit of information in this episode was that they still haven't seen a penny from the investment firm. Yes, we all figured that much, but it was nice to get confirmation.

Then again, I'm leaning toward thinking that the entire business presentation and pitch to investors was complete bullcrap. It was most likely a fake storyline because there's clearly nothing interesting going on with these five unemployed, lazy, entitled morons.

Edited by LuckyBitch
  • Love 3