Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: Tell All

• Start Topic

Kody and his wives answer tough questions; the older children reveal an interest in Logan's life.

Seriously, how many versions of this exact same "question and answer" show have we had in the last 5 seasons?  And it's not like you ever learn anything new from them.  It's just rehashing the old stuff we've heard over and over again.  So pointless.  I doubt I'll watch; just read your snark which is infinitely more entertaining.

• Love 11

As I have said elsewhere, they use this episode as Damage Control, a chance to revise history once again. Nothing new, just fix the misconceptions from the biffs they made during the season. Even then, they usually don't fix anything, they just make bigger idiots of themselves.

I am looking forward to Christine's Set Stomp-Off and what the hell prompted it this time. More than likely she just needed to go to the bathroom.

• Love 3
I just hope Kody doesn't have his eyebrows colored in like in the last Tell-All !  ;-)

Hopefully the wives and Kody will have a different makeup artist for this one.  Last time they all looked like Vegas drag show rejects and a Carrot Top impersonator.

• Love 7

I just hope Kody doesn't have his eyebrows colored in like in the last Tell-All !  ;-)

The moment before the first scene aired, I thought the exact same thing.  They went much more natural this time.  Christine looks better than I've ever seen her.

I guess we should just be grateful that Kody left the ponytail holder at home this time.  *shudder*

• Love 2

Robyn said, "That's why we talk about plural monogamy. That right there is the same thing, where you're not engaging emotionally and mentally with  each other.". All I can say is what the heck is she talking about???

• Love 1
(edited)

Robyn said, "That's why we talk about plural monogamy. That right there is the same thing, where you're not engaging emotionally and mentally with  each other.". All I can say is what the heck is she talking about???

I think she may have been referring to plural families that are living really separate lives within each wife's sub-family instead of as one big family...but she wasn't explaining it very well haha. 

That being said, I think her whole logic behind the concern of Meri going to school was just strange and wrong! So according to Robyn, the wives shouldn't have friends and lives outside of their family? If she is really that threatened by Meri going to school, then maybe she needs to work out her own insecurities. It is the most bizarre thought process. 

Ugh, this Tell-All was Tell-Nothing. 

That Christine thing was kind of strange. 

Edited by purpleflowers
  • Love 3

I didn't catch most of the special because I figured if be more informed here than wasting an hour of my life (God bless those of you who watch and inform the rest of us so we can snark, your service is greatly appreciated) but I did catch a snippet of Robyn saying something about people leaving to go to school and never coming back to the family... Although we know it won't happen if I were Meri I'd be thinking "yup, that's the dream"

• Love 3

I think her whole logic behind the concern of Meri going to school was just strange and wrong!

Wrong, perhaps but also a different story than she told the first time around. It was all about the dopey business of "theirs".

I wonder if perhaps Christine is starting to feel what Meri has felt for so long?  Am I wrong in thinking they said after Truely was born that she should not have any more children?  She may be unhappy that now she is the one looking on while someone else adds the to the family.  

Perhaps that's why she spoke up so strongly about the importance of Meri finding something that made her feel whole.  She may be thinking that as her children leave one by one, she is going to need something for Christine.  Thoughts?

Well, to bring you up to speed leighroda , the big revelations of the night were that Logan is buff and Kody has it rough!

In what universe does Kody have it "rough," other than the Land of People Who Have Hair?

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I think that this family practices plural monogamy!!  Since Janelle hung out in her bedroom while Meri hung out with Kody in the living room in Wyoming it's been practiced! 

I was so glad to see that they did their own make up!!  That was so horrific last year!   

• Love 2
God bless those of you who watch and inform the rest of us so we can snark, your service is greatly appreciated.

Amen to that.  I tuned in for 30 seconds and couldn't take any more.  

Did Sobbin make any kind of announcement from last week's pseudo-cliffhanger?

In what universe does Kody have it "rough," other than the Land of People Who Have Hair?

Ummm... He has to maintain his hair, take naps at 4!!! (Exclamations because I can't capitalize a number) different houses, make googly eyes at 4 different women, single handedly crusade for polygamy against a monogamous society, travel, oversee joolry, and now we are expecting him to go on a cruise... I'm exhausted just thinking of it.

• Love 6
(edited)

Amen to that. I tuned in for 30 seconds and couldn't take any more.

As told by Tamron, Christine walked off the set due to her feelings of discomfort regarding her request that the other wives leave Kody and Sobbyn alone to answer baby questions. Supposedly Sobbyn followed her off and when she returned, insisted that none be asked. *eyeroll*

Edited by sweet201
  • Love 2

So the whole "Sobbin's got an announcement to make - oops, there's the phone" was just a ploy to make us watch tonight?  Sorry, it didn't work for me.  There isn't any announcement any of them could make that interests me.  Well, unless it's the bank cashing in on the home loans or the investors closing them down.  That would be interesting.

• Love 6
(edited)

No - as they were talking about the RV trip near the end, Christine stepped out as recapping the sewage valve issue wound down. The interviewer voiced-over the footage of Christine taking a break, saying that the plan had been for Meri, Janelle, and Christine to leave the set at the end so she could ask Kody and Robyn about their plans for any more babies. Then Robyn and Christine talked (off-camera - we never saw footage of Robyn or anyone else leaving the couches), and Robyn (still off camera) told the interviewer "in no uncertain terms: no baby questions." When Christine returned, they went back to talking about the Richard family (how sweet they were, etc).

Edited by WalrusGirl
  • Love 1

As told by Tamron, Christine walked off the set due to her feelings of discomfort regarding her request that the other wives leave Kody and Sobbyn alone to answer baby questions. Supposedly Sobbyn followed her off and when she returned, insisted that none be asked. *eyeroll*

Huh? (Kept my promise to follow the snark but not watch.) She (Christine) really is fragile, isn't she?

(edited)

So let me get this straight: Christine, Meri and Janelle agreed to leave the set while Tamron talked to Kody and Robyn about makin' babies. But the longer Christine sat there and thought about it, the more she freaked out about it until she had to finally walk off the set. Then after she and Robyn talked it over, NO ONE got to talk about makin' babies. Therefore, no resolution to the cliffhanger. The hell?

Logan gets to display his half nekkid body on Instagram (and on national TV) and Kody and CO. don't bat an eye, but Meri crawled up one of the girl's butt on one of the earlier season's episodes for wearing a low-cut shirt and Kody makes a fool of himself (yet again) about his daughter kissing?

At least the make-up gun wasn't set on full blast this time.

ETA: looks like we all answered at the same time! But at least we all saw and interpreted it the same way-another load of Brown Bullshit.

Edited by maraleia
edited whore to full blast- whore is a misogynistic term and isn't tolerated here
  • Love 5

I find Christine's behavior rather confusing.  Her tag line is, "I wanted sister wives, I didn't just want the man" and yet, the thought of Robyn being pregnant again seems to be affecting her greatly. I can't help but think she wouldn't be upset if it were Meri or Janelle.  I don't think she really accepts Robyn as a sister wife .  I have a feeling she doesn't have the relationship with Kody that she once had.  It wouldn't surprised me if she was the wife who complained about not seeing him any more. 

(edited)

I call bullshit that Robyn got upset about Meri going back to school because she was worried about losing her to outside friends. Robyn got upset because she wanted to have a baby and push her "joory" work onto somebody else, so when Meri said she was going back to school Robyn was ticked that more of the Sister Wives Closet work would fall on her.

So is Christine upset about Robyn's pregnancy? No pity here for Christine, if she was a "boring monogamist" she wouldn't have that problem.

And on a shallow note, Mariah has to be the homeliest Brown child.

Edited by Armchair Critic
  • Love 9

I thought Christine couldn't have anymore children after the last two difficult pregnancies requiring hospitalization. She knows that Kody wants more children because he tore Hunter's head off about it during one episode when Hunter said they had enough kids. Kody also told Meri he wanted more kids whether he had them with her or another wife (ie. Robyn) and Christine had to see that show. So why is she so upset about Kody possibly having another child with Robyn? 

They need to stop the tell alls with Tamron Hall. Nothing new is every talked about, and Tamron seems reluctant to ask anything that the viewers really want to know. I don't understand Christine walking off, but I have long suspected she has emotional problems and maybe she didn't want to hear about any Robyn babies. 

The entire show was basically a recap of episodes we just saw. Even the interview with the kids was the same old Do you want to get married? Do people treat you differently? that we have heard a hundred times. 

Kody is trying so hard to keep this show going, but there is nothing interesting going on. I thought something would be announced when Robyn answered the phone: Either that they got some kind of funding for the business, or something regarding one of the kids. Since this isn't I Love Lucy, we don't need to wait for phone calls to find out we're pregnant, but perhaps Robyn is up to something else like adoption. 

• Love 2

Logan gets to display his half nekkid body on Instagram (and on national TV) and Kody and CO. don't bat an eye, but Meri crawled up one of the girl's butt on one of the earlier season's episodes for wearing a low-cut shirt and Kody makes a fool of himself (yet again) about his daughter kissing?

Ugh, double standards!  You can bet that if a Brown daughter posted half nekkid photos, the parents would never stop talking about it.  In the eyes of the Brown adults, Logan is the "golden boy" and this pretty much proved it!  On the one hand, it's great that he has freedom to post whatever he wants (he's an adult after all, and they seem to treat him as such), but on the other hand, it's simply not fair to his sisters who have been scolded about immodesty on camera. 

• Love 4

They need to stop the tell alls with Tamron Brown. Nothing new is every talked about, and Tamron seems reluctant to ask anything that the viewers really want to know. I don't understand Christine walking off, but I have long suspected she has emotional problems and maybe she didn't want to hear about any Robyn babies. 

I do get the vibe that Christine tries to cover up her discomfort with humor and playfulness. It's hard to get a read on her. I knew she initially had an incredibly difficult time adjusting to Robyn, but I was surprised when she walked off tonight. 

So let me get this straight: Christine, Meri and Janelle agreed to leave the set while Tamron talked to Kody and Robyn about makin' babies. But the longer Christine sat there and thought about it, the more she freaked out about it until she had to finally walk off the set. Then after she and Robyn talked it over, NO ONE got to talk about makin' babies. Therefore, no resolution to the cliffhanger. The hell?

Pretty much. What was weird(est) to me is Tamron's explanatory voice-over about the walkout. "This season, Robyn talked about wanting to have another baby." Flashback to the conversation between Robyn and Kody when she asks him if he'd even want to have another baby and he says that's not a question she needs to ask him at this point. Tamron continues, "Discussions of pregnancy can be sensitive in plural families, and often only happen, one-on-one. Initially, Meri, Christine, and Janelle agreed to leave the set so we could ask Kody and Robyn about their plans, but as the interview went on Christine seemed to grow uncomfortable and walked off early. After Robyn and Christine talked, Robyn told me, in no uncertain terms, no baby questions."

Wasn't it just last week's episode that Christine had one of her daughters call and ask Kody if Robyn was pregnant, and once Kody denied it/played dumb, Christine and the daughter talked about how they still think Robyn is pregnant? I just don't get it. She's giggling and speculating one week, but the next week, she can't bear to think that Robyn and Kody are going to talk to Tamron about an issue they already discussed on camera, in the regular course of the show. Not to mention we had how many episodes focused on whether or not Meri would attempt to get pregnant again, or accept Robyn's offer to be her surrogate. 

• Love 9

I feel a little sorry for myself in a boring monogamous relationship. I don't have the excitement of my husband impregnating another woman. No fair, Christine gets all the fun. 

• Love 16
I don't understand Christine walking off, but I have long suspected she has emotional problems

I know I am stating the obvious, but somebody who claims they always wanted to be a 3rd wife and came on to Kodouche like he is a prize and wanted to become part of that family is not playing with a full deck to begin with.

• Love 8

One of the things I appreciate more about the Brady Williams family is that they are more forthcoming than the Brown family when asked about such questions that people would naturally have about adding children to such a large family. One would think that discussions such as family planning would be a topic heavily considered on a regular basis. After all of these years as a plural family what's the big effin' deal?

• Love 1
(edited)
Gotta say I enjoyed Logan's shirtless pic.  Boy looks good!

Sorry but to me he is a total butterface (or whatever the equivalent is for a guy). He does seem like a good kid, but the way they put him on a pedestal makes me think he may end up going into polygamy some day because we know how it strokes the male's egos.

Edited by Armchair Critic
  • Love 8
No surprise that Robyn's girls were the ham-iest of the kids interviewed.

I think they would have answered all the questions if the host didn't purposely ignore them and ask the other children some questions. I have noticed they insert themselves in every scene they can and always are rah rah about everything. I think they are desperate for attention and that also Robyn has schooled them to butter up Kody and be extra cheerful.

*looks like I am all over this thread, I am as bad as Robyn's kids tonight. LOL

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

... I think her whole logic behind the concern of Meri going to school was just strange and wrong! So according to Robyn, the wives shouldn't have friends and lives outside of their family? If she is really that threatened by Meri going to school, then maybe she needs to work out her own insecurities. It is the most bizarre thought process. 

I think Meri will get all the pressure that they can't put on the kids. One of the LDS teachings is to avoid relationships with outsiders/non-members. The adults can't mingle with the mainstreamers and their other options are limited. The concept of the straight-up Gentile world is supposed to be viewed as threatening but the kids are happy and successful there, so I think the adults are somewhat conflicted about this teaching.

• Love 1

Kody needs a dose of reality.  He thinks they are very artistic in creating that ugly jewelry and he thinks their presentation to the investors was very professional. 

Janelle is looking pretty good.  When they did the flashback to the investor presentation you could really see the difference.

• Love 2

I saw that Christine tweeted that Mykelti should be married before she adopts because kids need a father figure. I wish Mykelti would have answered back, "Don't worry. I'll find a duuuude to stop by once a week or so."

• Love 17

Aspyn is such a pretty girl. I hope she gets her weight under control. Its sad to me how a lot of the older girls are so heavy.

I didn't see a difference in Janelle. I was thinking as I watched that she looks no different to me.

Meri is the one who looks thinner to me.

Mariah looked like a grandma.

I agree that this one was just more of the same. How many different ways can the host ask the kids if they are going to have a polygamous lifestyle.

The answers are always the same.

If Mariah does become a sister wife, I think she'll be the Meri in that family.

• Love 2

I find Christine's behavior rather confusing.  Her tag line is, "I wanted sister wives, I didn't just want the man" and yet, the thought of Robyn being pregnant again seems to be affecting her greatly. I can't help but think she wouldn't be upset if it were Meri or Janelle.

I struggled with infertility and managed with medication to have 1 son, now 18.  Though I am beyond grateful for him, and I'm too old now to have more anyway, the pain of infertility apparently is right under the surface.  Not long ago I was in the company of a young couple who I can't call friends, but more friendly acquaintances.  They are pregnant "again" simply because they wanted to be.  It was VERY hard to hold it together in their presence, a reaction that surprised even me.  I am saying this because since Christine's last pregnancy was difficult for her and if she is done having children, learning about a new pregnancy may be too hard for her to deal with.  True, if Meri or Janelle then maybe not so hard, but the youngest wife having another may possibly be hard.  Don't know...just wondering.

I do wish Tamron had pursued the whole hormone in the mouth thing further.  That was one of the weirdest things I've ever heard on this show and it went nowhere!

The adult children are certainly fine people!  I have no reason to doubt the younger kids will turn out any worse.  Say what you want, at least they raise their children well. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Let me begin by confessing I didn't watch but I am curious about this, and I'm a little confused about who made the request. Christine or Tamron? And so I wonder why Christine walked off. Was it high drama?

ETA: Now that I read through I see it is discussed at length. Now, from her tweet I want to know what was the other issue on her mind? 

Edited by mbutterfly
  • Love 1
(edited)

Kody needs a dose of reality. He thinks they are very artistic in creating that ugly jewelry and he thinks their presentation to the investors was very professional.

The interviewer (Tamerin?)'s facial expression at that was almost as funny as Janelle's when Kody suggested she and Meri go on a cruise and Meri played along. She seemed a bit stunned that he still maintained it was up to par as a professional business presentation.

The adult children are certainly fine people! I have no reason to doubt the younger kids will turn out any worse. Say what you want, at least they raise their children well.

Agreed! I'm not saying the family dynamics (almost more than the structure) are ideal, but the older kids seem genuine in having loved their upbringing, even while obviously catching whiff that it wasn't all roses between the moms, and realizing that sometimes their parents are full of it/make promises prematurely. Even with a part-time dad, they basically each had their own mother plus three (now four) "extra" part-time but involved/available parents/role models consistently in their lives. The older kids are turning out much more equipped for life and to make their own decisions (with, basically, their parents' blessings) than, say, the Duggar kids. (And with a comparable number of kids and a full-time dad, the responsibilities that Logan and Aspyn took on are nothing compared to what's expected of the older Duggar girls.)

Based on how the older kids are turning out, I'm not worried about the younger ones - the older ones seem to love and respect, but not fear, their parents, and not be blind to their faults. It's not perfect, but they certainly have parental love and support, and I have to at least respect how the parents have left plural marriage up to each kid (and even seem fine with kids attending events at other churches). I'm sure they'd love it if some of the kids feel called to plural marriage (especially Kody/Meri/Robyn), but I can't see any of them trying to ban/end a child's relationship that would be monogamous. Kody's "the talk" may be ridiculous, but he isn't unique in that regard (I've heard worse from evangelicals), and I at least love that he isn't trying to vet/pre-approve the dates of his minor teenagers. The upside to the seat-of-your-pants chaos is that they aren't control freaks micromanaging/dictating their children's lives, and Kody and most of the moms seem adamant that the kids make their own choices as adults. (I'm sure they - Kody/Meri/Robyn in particular, and probably even Christine - would be ecstatic about any of the kids following plural marriage, but it's natural for any parent to be especially pleased if their kids end up choosing to follow their example. While there would be some disappointment if most of the kids didn't, they don't strike me as the type who will give the adult children grief or become estranged over it.)

Edited by WalrusGirl