Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 4/5/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, Apr. 5– U.S. Surgeon General Dr. Vivek H. Murthy

Tuesday, Apr. 6 – The Political View with Sen. Tammy Duckworth (Author, “Every Day Is a Gift”)

Wednesday, Apr. 7— Day of Hot Topics

Thursday, Apr. 8 — Leslie Odom, Jr. (Oscar nominee, “One Night in Miami”)

Friday, Apr. 9 — Day of Hot Topics

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, falltime said:

Monday, Apr. 5– U.S. Surgeon General Dr. Vivek H. Murthy

Tuesday, Apr. 6 – The Political View with Sen. Tammy Duckworth (Author, “Every Day Is a Gift”)

Wednesday, Apr. 7— Day of Hot Topics

Thursday, Apr. 8 — Leslie Odom, Jr. (Oscar nominee, “One Night in Miami”)

Friday, Apr. 9 — Day of Hot Topics

Wait, will MeAgain challenge Tammy Duckworth? She called her out the week before last.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, bannana said:

Wait, will MeAgain challenge Tammy Duckworth? She called her out the week before last.

I would pay money to see Meg get pushed back by Duckworth.  But I am willing to bet she will play nice. 

• Love 15
7 hours ago, WinnieWinkle said:

I would pay money to see Meg get pushed back by Duckworth.  But I am willing to bet she will play nice. 

She'll talk about how great meritocracy is 

• LOL 8
(edited)
7 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Meghan never shuts up about how much she loves our military. I hope she shows Tammy Duckworth the respect she deserves as a combat veteran who lost her legs serving this country. 

She will definitely do this. But if she thinks she can filet the Senator, she will first suck up to her and her military service, then ask the tone deaf, talking point question about what was said.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 18
(edited)

Meg is off to a good start with the whataboutism, equating Matt Gaetz with Eric Swalwell. At least she left the goofy hairstyles and makeup home.

Ooh, and Sunny took a swipe at Meg. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 20

Am I hearing right ?  'An all new Oprah DAILY edition of 'View Your Deal' ' ???? Are they saying 'DAILY' ? We have to watch Oprah's garage sale ever day now ????? 

I guess the first quarter sales  for eye-readers, candles and skin care manufacturers were a bust, and now they're unloading their crap on VIEWers.

• LOL 2

I had to laugh about eyewear and skin care products as O deals of the day. Just what you wanted to see, Let’s. 🤣

Thats an interesting sweater Adam is wearing. 

• LOL 6
1 minute ago, Haleth said:

I had to laugh about eyewear and skin care products as O deals of the day. Just what you wanted to see, Let’s. 🤣

I know! It's like he has an extra pair of hands! Very distracting.

• LOL 1
7 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

In one segment, Meghan is trashing President Biden and in the next, she’s saying she has reached out to the White House regarding the vaccine.  Yeah, Meghan.  Your opinion is going to carry a lot of weight.  Also, Megs?  I don’t give a flying f if you and your cohorts get vaccinated or not.

Her ASS is just going to have to wait until she can get an appointment. If she's now a resident of either Virginia or New York, her twatty ass is eligible. She just can't cut in line to get an appointment now. She's gonna have to do what everyone else is doing: try to make an appointment. President Biden isn't going to do her any favors. Ignorant TWAT.

• LOL 3
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, LetsStartTalking said:

And MegaNutz is off and running - she just sideswiped Sara !

yeah, jealousy is a powerful thing, poor rich unhappy lady

1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Meg is off to a good start with the whataboutism, equating Matt Gaetz with Eric Swalwell. At least she left the goofy hairstyles and makeup home.

Ooh, and Sunny took a swipe at Meg. 

'bout time one of them tried to stand up to the baby

• Love 16
7 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I love how Meg is so adamant that it’s the current administration’s responsibility to convince white Rep men to get the vaccine after the previous administration worked so hard to convince the base that government and science are the enemy. Maybe you should look to your own leaders to, you know, lead. Oh wait, they are still casting doubt on the vaccine. Never mind. 

White republican men are going to be convinced by democratic leadership, which they don't acknowledge, to do something that the people they DO respect, have told them NOT to do?  

How does that work, Meghan? 

• LOL 17
  • Love 7
26 minutes ago, cinsays said:

yeah, jealousy is a powerful thing, poor rich unhappy lady

'bout time one of them tried to stand up to the baby

Sunny's swipe today was a thing of beauty!  More, please!  Oh, what I would give to have the show re-play Tiffany Cross' take-down.  And I'd like a pony, too!

• Love 15
53 minutes ago, Haleth said:

He should end the segment with "You know the drill. You have 24 hours to order and take advantage of these View Your Deals. After that, call your credit card companies and let them know you will have to declare bankruptcy. But get Oprah's favorite readers first! "

15 minutes ago, Haleth said:

love how Meg is so adamant that it’s the current administration’s responsibility to convince white Rep men to get the vaccine after the previous administration worked so hard to convince the base that government and science are the enemy

She wants it both ways. She wants the current administration to fix it all, but if they do something – anything not within her specificity – it’s wrong. She honestly acts like I did when I was...12. My parents pulled me out of that real quick. 

I wonder if the previous tactic of ignoring Meghan’s word salad nonsense isn’t working and the ladies are deciding to fight back. I feel like in the past few weeks they’d just ignore what she spewed as to not feed into it, but she’s so ridiculous it’s hard not to counter. Loved Sunny’s rebuttal and hope she does more of it. And Whoopi’s “frog’s legs” which finally got her to shut.up. 

• Love 15
21 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I love how Meg is so adamant that it’s the current administration’s responsibility to convince white Rep men to get the vaccine after the previous administration worked so hard to convince the base that government and science are the enemy

I wonder if Meghan was talking about the man she is married to.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
(edited)

I was disappointed in Dr. Murthy failing to answer questions today. Whoopi asked about not taking other medications before getting the vaccine something about not needing to. The reason is because at least 2 studies have found that if you take drugs like Tylenol or Advil that lower your fever, the immune response is not as strong as it would have been if you hadn't taken it. He also talked around Sunny's question of whether this vaccine should be on the list of required vaccinations for school instead of answering it directly.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
12 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

I can't believe that I am saying this but thank you Whoopi for saying the Georgia election bill is based on a lie!

What I wouldn't have given to see Twatty's face when Whoopi was saying that.

Twatty was just getting more and more strident before she got cut off, I'd say near tears because Sunny rightly called out her party for what they are. And she had no defense other than to again go to the well of whataboutism. And downright lies.

She actually thinks that refusing voters food and water is a good thing. She doesn't see what that byline in the bill means. Or what cutting the number of drop in ballots or early voting means. It's all good!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 21
(edited)

Loved Whoopie s statement on the GA law...well done!  Joy looked good today.  MM...the swawell thing isn’t the same as sex trafficking minors.  Her tirade on GA was also a bit disingenuous but what else is new?  The election board thing Whoopie mentioned is a big one too.  She was on a roll today!  Anyone else find adams voice annoying?  I think it’s supposed to be soothing, but not to me.

Edited by Rainyhawk
Addition
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, lovinbob said:

For frog's legs is my new go-to expletive.

Same. I'd never heard that one before!

2 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

Joy looked good today.

Very good! I wonder if before she and Steve got the vaccine, she didn't allow many people in her home, including limited makeup / hair assistance. That was probably the best she's looked since they were in-studio.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

WHAT A STUPID QUESTION SARA ASKED DR. MURTHY!

She asked where he stands for the future - hopeful or afraid?

WTH do you think he's going to answer, Sara?  "I'm afraid for the future and with these vaccines" ?

Well, yes.  If that is what he foresaw and he is trying to get the word out to people.  File under Doom and Gloom.  Heh j/k. In all sincerity though i would appreciate the honesty even if it was dire, to maybe get things together.

3 hours ago, Haleth said:

Meghan’s righteous indignation is exhausting. 

Did thouest only screech for one segment?  I don't recall anything after that, but that might have been when the blocker kicked in lol

• Love 3

Here's an article about the awkward exchange with MeAgain looking stunned, and repeating: I'm sorry?

https://uproxx.com/viral/whoopi-meghan-mccain-oh-for-frog-legs-the-view/

At this point, Whoopi had clearly had enough, and she could be heard saying, “Oh, for frog’s sake,” which seems like an odd phrase. Some speculated that the exasperated host wanted to drop the F-bomb, but is such a seasoned pro, that she knew to censor herself for live TV — and maybe for some plausible deniability. Because what happened next looked like some genuine technical confusion, but it also could be from Whoopi pulling off her stealth F-bomb that seemed to quiet McCain down.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Rainyhawk said:

Loved Whoopie s statement on the GA law...well done!  Joy looked good today.  MM...the swawell thing isn’t the same as sex trafficking minors.  Her tirade on GA was also a bit disingenuous but what else is new?  The election board thing Whoopie mentioned is a big one too.  She was on a roll today!  Anyone else find adams voice annoying?  I think it’s supposed to be soothing, but not to me.

She's all about the false equivalencies.  The Tobin's Zoom mishap was also a very bad comparison.   All reports was that it was a show for one that accidently became a show for a larger group.   It had 0% in common with the Gaetz stories.   For her to call out Sarah specifically for laughing at Tobin's story seemed very unnecessary and mean spirited.  

• Love 24

This article covers the bit where MeAgain calls out Sara in particular for laughing at the Toobin thing, although the writer left out Sara's name.

https://decider.com/2021/04/05/meghan-mccain-calls-on-matt-gaetz-to-resign/

But the conservative co-host also pointed to Representative Eric Swalwell and Jeffrey Toobin as examples of similar behavior, claiming that everyone thought it was “hilarious” when Toobin exposed himself on a work video call. “I think all things having to do with men and sex and them exposing themselves and showing photos, it’s a violation for all women, no matter the context,” McCain said. “It’s particularly disgusting and vile given that Matt Gaetz is on the floor of Congress showing it to people.”

• Useful 5
4 minutes ago, bannana said:

At this point, Whoopi had clearly had enough, and she could be heard saying, “Oh, for frog’s sake,” which seems like an odd phrase. Some speculated that the exasperated host wanted to drop the F-bomb, but is such a seasoned pro, that she knew to censor herself for live TV — and maybe for some plausible deniability. Because what happened next looked like some genuine technical confusion, but it also could be from Whoopi pulling off her stealth F-bomb that seemed to quiet McCain down.

Loving this speculation but have to quibble about the bolded.  Whoopi is a lot of things but "a seasoned pro" she is not. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 5