Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
falltime

The View: Week of 4/5/2021

Recommended Posts

Monday, Apr. 5– U.S. Surgeon General Dr. Vivek H. Murthy

Tuesday, Apr. 6 – The Political View with Sen. Tammy Duckworth (Author, “Every Day Is a Gift”)

Wednesday, Apr. 7— Day of Hot Topics

Thursday, Apr. 8 — Leslie Odom, Jr. (Oscar nominee, “One Night in Miami”)

Friday, Apr. 9 — Day of Hot Topics

  • Like 5
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

9 hours ago, falltime said:

Monday, Apr. 5– U.S. Surgeon General Dr. Vivek H. Murthy

Tuesday, Apr. 6 – The Political View with Sen. Tammy Duckworth (Author, “Every Day Is a Gift”)

Wednesday, Apr. 7— Day of Hot Topics

Thursday, Apr. 8 — Leslie Odom, Jr. (Oscar nominee, “One Night in Miami”)

Friday, Apr. 9 — Day of Hot Topics

Wait, will MeAgain challenge Tammy Duckworth? She called her out the week before last.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, bannana said:

Wait, will MeAgain challenge Tammy Duckworth? She called her out the week before last.

I would pay money to see Meg get pushed back by Duckworth.  But I am willing to bet she will play nice. 

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, WinnieWinkle said:

I would pay money to see Meg get pushed back by Duckworth.  But I am willing to bet she will play nice. 

She'll talk about how great meritocracy is 

  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, bannana said:

Wait, will MeAgain challenge Tammy Duckworth? She called her out the week before last.

She is a coward so she will not do it.. 

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

43 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

She is a coward so she will not do it.. 

We will probably hear her fillet knife clatter on the floor 😉 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 14

Share this post


Link to post

Meghan never shuts up about how much she loves our military. I hope she shows Tammy Duckworth the respect she deserves as a combat veteran who lost her legs serving this country. 

  • Like 24

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Meghan never shuts up about how much she loves our military. I hope she shows Tammy Duckworth the respect she deserves as a combat veteran who lost her legs serving this country. 

She will definitely do this. But if she thinks she can filet the Senator, she will first suck up to her and her military service, then ask the tone deaf, talking point question about what was said.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post

Meganutz actually looks nice today! No WalMart janky hair extensions, no extreme eye-shadow from Dollar General...she actually looks attractive today.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Meg: Some of the dumbest people are in Congress....

Me: And on The View.

And AGAIN with the whataboutism!!!!

  • Like 12
  • Laugh 4
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

Meg is off to a good start with the whataboutism, equating Matt Gaetz with Eric Swalwell. At least she left the goofy hairstyles and makeup home.

Ooh, and Sunny took a swipe at Meg. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post

Am I hearing right ?  'An all new Oprah DAILY edition of 'View Your Deal' ' ???? Are they saying 'DAILY' ? We have to watch Oprah's garage sale ever day now ????? 

 

I guess the first quarter sales  for eye-readers, candles and skin care manufacturers were a bust, and now they're unloading their crap on VIEWers.

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Whoopie looks like just having to be there for an hour is pissing her off.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post

Anyone else notice how they read legal notes after discussing alleged stories about two Republican politicians, but no legal note for smears on Cuomo??? Interesting.

  • Like 5
  • Useful 7

Share this post


Link to post

Why in the hell did I turn the channel to this....Is this the MM show or what? 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

Man, I hate this Megabitch.

Whooped, annoyed at Megabitch " Oh, for frog's legs." 😄

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 12

Share this post


Link to post

Meghan’s righteous indignation is exhausting. 

  • Like 12
  • Laugh 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

I like when MegaNutz kept saying 'What? What?' trying to listen to something coming through her earpiece at the end.

All I could imagine was the producer in the control room shouting 'Shut the hell up you crazy b*tch!'  😄😄😄

  • Laugh 20

Share this post


Link to post

WHAT A STUPID QUESTION SARA ASKED DR. MURTHY!

 

She asked where he stands for the future - hopeful or afraid?

WTH do you think he's going to answer, Sara?  "I'm afraid for the future and with these vaccines" ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I had to laugh about eyewear and skin care products as O deals of the day. Just what you wanted to see, Let’s. 🤣

Thats an interesting sweater Adam is wearing. 

  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

1 minute ago, Haleth said:

I had to laugh about eyewear and skin care products as O deals of the day. Just what you wanted to see, Let’s. 🤣

Thats an interesting sweater Adam is wearing. 

I know! It's like he has an extra pair of hands! Very distracting.

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

In one segment, Meghan is trashing President Biden and in the next, she’s saying she has reached out to the White House regarding the vaccine.  Yeah, Meghan.  Your opinion is going to carry a lot of weight.  Also, Megs?  I don’t give a flying f if you and your cohorts get vaccinated or not.

Her ASS is just going to have to wait until she can get an appointment. If she's now a resident of either Virginia or New York, her twatty ass is eligible. She just can't cut in line to get an appointment now. She's gonna have to do what everyone else is doing: try to make an appointment. President Biden isn't going to do her any favors. Ignorant TWAT.

  • Like 15
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

It seems like the more scandal comes over McCain the more unhinged she becomes which inevitably means she causes more controversy and keeps the cycle on a loop.

  • Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, LetsStartTalking said:

And MegaNutz is off and running - she just sideswiped Sara !

yeah, jealousy is a powerful thing, poor rich unhappy lady

1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Meg is off to a good start with the whataboutism, equating Matt Gaetz with Eric Swalwell. At least she left the goofy hairstyles and makeup home.

Ooh, and Sunny took a swipe at Meg. 

'bout time one of them tried to stand up to the baby

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post

No mention of the Capitol police officers on Friday? Or did I miss it.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 7

Share this post


Link to post

7 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I love how Meg is so adamant that it’s the current administration’s responsibility to convince white Rep men to get the vaccine after the previous administration worked so hard to convince the base that government and science are the enemy. Maybe you should look to your own leaders to, you know, lead. Oh wait, they are still casting doubt on the vaccine. Never mind. 

White republican men are going to be convinced by democratic leadership, which they don't acknowledge, to do something that the people they DO respect, have told them NOT to do?  

How does that work, Meghan? 

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 17

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, cinsays said:

yeah, jealousy is a powerful thing, poor rich unhappy lady

'bout time one of them tried to stand up to the baby

Sunny's swipe today was a thing of beauty!  More, please!  Oh, what I would give to have the show re-play Tiffany Cross' take-down.  And I'd like a pony, too!

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

Sunny's swipe today was a thing of beauty!  More, please! 

For those of us who cannot watch today's episode yet, can you be a tad more specific?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
53 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I had to laugh about eyewear and skin care products as O deals of the day. Just what you wanted to see, Let’s. 🤣

Thats an interesting sweater Adam is wearing. 

He should end the segment with "You know the drill. You have 24 hours to order and take advantage of these View Your Deals. After that, call your credit card companies and let them know you will have to declare bankruptcy. But get Oprah's favorite readers first! "

Share this post


Link to post

15 minutes ago, Haleth said:

love how Meg is so adamant that it’s the current administration’s responsibility to convince white Rep men to get the vaccine after the previous administration worked so hard to convince the base that government and science are the enemy

She wants it both ways. She wants the current administration to fix it all, but if they do something – anything not within her specificity – it’s wrong. She honestly acts like I did when I was...12. My parents pulled me out of that real quick. 

I wonder if the previous tactic of ignoring Meghan’s word salad nonsense isn’t working and the ladies are deciding to fight back. I feel like in the past few weeks they’d just ignore what she spewed as to not feed into it, but she’s so ridiculous it’s hard not to counter. Loved Sunny’s rebuttal and hope she does more of it. And Whoopi’s “frog’s legs” which finally got her to shut.up. 

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I love how Meg is so adamant that it’s the current administration’s responsibility to convince white Rep men to get the vaccine after the previous administration worked so hard to convince the base that government and science are the enemy

I wonder if Meghan was talking about the man she is married to.

  • Like 10
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

I was disappointed in Dr. Murthy failing to answer questions today. Whoopi asked about not taking other medications before getting the vaccine something about not needing to. The reason is because at least 2 studies have found that if you take drugs like Tylenol or Advil that lower your fever, the immune response is not as strong as it would have been if you hadn't taken it. He also talked around Sunny's question of whether this vaccine should be on the list of required vaccinations for school instead of answering it directly.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Like 8
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

I can't believe that I am saying this but thank you Whoopi for saying the Georgia election bill is based on a lie!

What I wouldn't have given to see Twatty's face when Whoopi was saying that.

Twatty was just getting more and more strident before she got cut off, I'd say near tears because Sunny rightly called out her party for what they are. And she had no defense other than to again go to the well of whataboutism. And downright lies.

She actually thinks that refusing voters food and water is a good thing. She doesn't see what that byline in the bill means. Or what cutting the number of drop in ballots or early voting means. It's all good!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post

Loved Whoopie s statement on the GA law...well done!  Joy looked good today.  MM...the swawell thing isn’t the same as sex trafficking minors.  Her tirade on GA was also a bit disingenuous but what else is new?  The election board thing Whoopie mentioned is a big one too.  She was on a roll today!  Anyone else find adams voice annoying?  I think it’s supposed to be soothing, but not to me.

Edited by Rainyhawk · Reason: Addition
  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, lovinbob said:

For frog's legs is my new go-to expletive.

Same. I'd never heard that one before!

2 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

Joy looked good today.

Very good! I wonder if before she and Steve got the vaccine, she didn't allow many people in her home, including limited makeup / hair assistance. That was probably the best she's looked since they were in-studio.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

WHAT A STUPID QUESTION SARA ASKED DR. MURTHY!

 

She asked where he stands for the future - hopeful or afraid?

WTH do you think he's going to answer, Sara?  "I'm afraid for the future and with these vaccines" ?

Well, yes.  If that is what he foresaw and he is trying to get the word out to people.  File under Doom and Gloom.  Heh j/k. In all sincerity though i would appreciate the honesty even if it was dire, to maybe get things together.

3 hours ago, Haleth said:

Meghan’s righteous indignation is exhausting. 

Did thouest only screech for one segment?  I don't recall anything after that, but that might have been when the blocker kicked in lol

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Here's an article about the awkward exchange with MeAgain looking stunned, and repeating: I'm sorry?

https://uproxx.com/viral/whoopi-meghan-mccain-oh-for-frog-legs-the-view/

Quote

At this point, Whoopi had clearly had enough, and she could be heard saying, “Oh, for frog’s sake,” which seems like an odd phrase. Some speculated that the exasperated host wanted to drop the F-bomb, but is such a seasoned pro, that she knew to censor herself for live TV — and maybe for some plausible deniability. Because what happened next looked like some genuine technical confusion, but it also could be from Whoopi pulling off her stealth F-bomb that seemed to quiet McCain down.

 

  • Like 6
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Rainyhawk said:

Loved Whoopie s statement on the GA law...well done!  Joy looked good today.  MM...the swawell thing isn’t the same as sex trafficking minors.  Her tirade on GA was also a bit disingenuous but what else is new?  The election board thing Whoopie mentioned is a big one too.  She was on a roll today!  Anyone else find adams voice annoying?  I think it’s supposed to be soothing, but not to me.

She's all about the false equivalencies.  The Tobin's Zoom mishap was also a very bad comparison.   All reports was that it was a show for one that accidently became a show for a larger group.   It had 0% in common with the Gaetz stories.   For her to call out Sarah specifically for laughing at Tobin's story seemed very unnecessary and mean spirited.  

  • Like 24

Share this post


Link to post

This article covers the bit where MeAgain calls out Sara in particular for laughing at the Toobin thing, although the writer left out Sara's name.

https://decider.com/2021/04/05/meghan-mccain-calls-on-matt-gaetz-to-resign/

Quote

But the conservative co-host also pointed to Representative Eric Swalwell and Jeffrey Toobin as examples of similar behavior, claiming that everyone thought it was “hilarious” when Toobin exposed himself on a work video call. “I think all things having to do with men and sex and them exposing themselves and showing photos, it’s a violation for all women, no matter the context,” McCain said. “It’s particularly disgusting and vile given that Matt Gaetz is on the floor of Congress showing it to people.”

 

  • Useful 5

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, bannana said:
  Quote

At this point, Whoopi had clearly had enough, and she could be heard saying, “Oh, for frog’s sake,” which seems like an odd phrase. Some speculated that the exasperated host wanted to drop the F-bomb, but is such a seasoned pro, that she knew to censor herself for live TV — and maybe for some plausible deniability. Because what happened next looked like some genuine technical confusion, but it also could be from Whoopi pulling off her stealth F-bomb that seemed to quiet McCain down.

Loving this speculation but have to quibble about the bolded.  Whoopi is a lot of things but "a seasoned pro" she is not. 

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size