Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 4/5/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

42 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

I don’t know what she wants for her party nor what she thinks it stands for now.

Well to be fair I don't think Meghan can even answer that question.  Instead of just having her beliefs without the label of a political party attached she has to turn herself into a pretzel to try to make sure her beliefs and her party's beliefs match.  Joy Sunny and Sara all have their beliefs but I have no doubt if their party's platform changed they would still have their core beliefs. I don't see that with Meghan.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Rainyhawk said:

Employers can require drug tests though.

True, pre-employment drug tests are fine under ADA, but I don't think that has much to do with disability, it's more to determine if a candidate is taking illegal drugs. I don't think they would report any prescription drugs as long as it's disclosed to the drug testing facility that there's a valid Rx. With some employment, a pre-employment physical is also required (ex. truck drivers) because certain conditions would disqualify them from driving. (high blood pressure, epilepsy, poor eyesight etc.) That's not discrimination, it's a safety issue.

1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

Yes -   Sher thinks of herself as some kind of rebel, like she pushed back on overly restrictive or discriminatory rules.

In all likelihood, she was the girl who was cutting class, smoking in the bathroom, talking back to teachers, copying homework from others, etc.   And she said she had multiple detentions to serve or she wouldn't be allowed to go to graduation (or prom?)  That means that even when given detention, she wouldn't show up.  What she sees as "feisty and outspoken", her teachers saw as obnoxious and entitled. 

The meghan we have all seen on The View is the same Meghan she was in high school.  Too bad she spent so much time in detention, she might have learned how to take turns talking and not interrupt others.  

Yeah, I doubt she's changed much since high school. She's still the bratty teenager, 

• Love 14
6 hours ago, debbie311 said:

The show was a hot mess today. At times Whoopi seemed out of it.  Or is that just her normal demeanor?  I will be SO glad when they go back into the studio.  I don't even care if there is an audience or not.  I don't understand why they are still remote.  Other programs like the TODAY show, Ryan and Kelly, etc., etc. are able to sit at a distance and have a normal conversation. And keep their crews safe.  Let the guests be remote, if necessary.  I don't get it.

I don't watch most of these other shows, but Whoopi and Joy are much older than a lot of those people. I wouldn't be surprised if Whoopi is the main reason they haven't went back, too, since she probably enjoys not having to drive in to the studio. Personally, I wouldn't care if this show stayed remote because being remote has lessened McCain's ability to ruin the show.

• Love 7
(edited)

Are they waiting until all the hosts have been vaccinated before they go back to the studio? At least three (Whoopi, Joy and Ana) are fully vaccinated. I do think that they'll be without a live audience for a while.

My oldest nephew has had zoom detention. I have no problem believing that MM would have had detention herself back in the day. Too bad ABC won't give her more!! 😉😝😂

Edited by catlover79
  • Love 7

I got too busy today to post but Nutmeg is a dumbass and she gets dumber every day.  What the hell was her quip about Navalny about? How was it germane to the topic that the ladies were discussing and her hijacking Whoopie's role as moderator and her reaction was priceless.  Megan better watch her back, Whoopie is not one to mess with.. 

• Love 14
13 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I got too busy today to post but Nutmeg is a dumbass and she gets dumber every day.  What the hell was her quip about Navalny about? How was it germane to the topic that the ladies were discussing and her hijacking Whoopie's role as moderator and her reaction was priceless.  Megan better watch her back, Whoopie is not one to mess with.. 

In my opinion, they were clearly doing light topics to avoid talking about anything controversial. Meghan is skating on thin ice.

• Useful 4
  • Love 10
(edited)

And as the rabble rouser and and mountain mama...and new mommy MM just had to tell us to let the R's figure out how to proceed with their diminishing  ratings by themselves.

But just yesterday she wanted us to educate the 49% of non covid vaxers Repubs that are men (meaning the dems educate them).

And today she brings up Briebert, Newsmax, FOX but not The Federalist.

It was an odd show. Seems as if ABC is doing something - to no avail.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

She’s made it her cause. She has tweeted President Biden about it. 🤦‍♀️

Today:

520B57C2-1089-44E0-916F-61CE4F710548.jpeg

• Love 4

Meghan sounded like a Jehovah Witness when talking about conservatives needing to go to more than safe places and proselytize (and that is the word she used).  Am I going to have to be worried about Meghan knocking on my door trying to convert me?

6 hours ago, maggiemae said:

And today she brings up Briebert, Newsmax, FOX but not The Federalist.

She also said conservatives want to go back to the days of Ronald Reagan.  Not for nothing but a lot of our economic problems started with Ronald Reagan.

7 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Not that I don't think what is happening to Navalny is a tragedy but I can name so many more tragic things that are happening in this country that Meghan doesn't give a flying fuck about.  If she cares so much about this I have to wonder why.

7 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

In my opinion, they were clearly doing light topics to avoid talking about anything controversial. Meghan is skating on thin ice.

Yep. Instead of getting rid of the problem they will change the show so she won't be a problem.  Note to ABC Meghan will always be a problem.

• Love 22

I finally watched the show last night when I got home. It seems like after the first Hot Topic, the 'teacher' left the room (Sara, where did you go?) and the kids took over the classroom. What chaos the rest of the show was. It was as if they couldn't wait for the bell to ring and they were all out of there.

Again, Goldberg's facial expressions to Meganutz's rants are priceless. She put's that 'WTF ?' look on her face, then mutters something before commercial. Reminds me of Dorothy's classic reactions  to Rose's long-winded stories on 'The Golden Girls'.

That said, the brief time Sara was on the show yesterday - who thought it was a good idea to dress her for Halloween? An orange top with black shapes all over it (and the shapes looked like bats) ? Appropriate for the month of October, Sara..not April. Dress in some pastels and something more cheerful.

• Love 2
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Ok. So they are live today. Can’t wait for Meg to go off on a gun rant.

Or not. No Meg today. 

Okay - who thinks that Meghan is on a forced time-out because of yesterday's behavior when she went so completely off-topic and sending the show to commercial (and royally pissing off Whoopi),

~~or~~

did she call out today because she did not want to be involved in the the Gaetz discussion and the inevitable discussion on gun control and Biden's comments on that?  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 15

Every time Meghan is off unexpectedly, which is a lot, we speculate that she’s on an enforced time out.  If we’re right, she’s had an incredible amount of second chances and it’s time for her to go.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
Just now, Axie said:

Every time Meghan is off unexpectedly, which is a lot, we speculate that she’s on an enforced time out.  If we’re right, she’s had an incredible amount of second chances and it’s time for her to go.

Well, if Meghan was truthful about her high school years and the amount of detentions she was given, she should be used to this!  

• LOL 15
7 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Okay - who thinks that Meghan is on a forced time-out because of yesterday's behavior when she went so completely off-topic

3 minutes ago, Axie said:

Every time Meghan is off unexpectedly, which is a lot, we speculate that she’s on an enforced time out.

1 minute ago, njbchlover said:

Well, if Meghan was truthful about her high school years and the amount of detentions she was given, she should be used to this!  

When she was talking about how many times she had detention and how she was a rabble rouser (really who says that?) she was proud of  herself. She still thinks it's a good thing she is being disruptive.   It is one thing to get in "good trouble" but Meghan just enjoys being a shit stirrer.  

• Love 15
(edited)

I can’t imagine Annie Oakley would willingly take the day off and not get to rant about those dang liberals taking her guns away.  Then again warning us that Dems will lose elections forever because of this.

Shes also probably upset she can’t use those filleting knives on Sec Pete, instructing him what “infrastructure” means. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 16

I think Sunny Hostin is one of the stupidest woman on TV.  I've heard her spread garbage time and again, but that 60 Minutes report on DeSantis and Publix is under so much backlash for deceptive reporting, yet she spreads it further.  She knows it's garbage, she's just incredibly dumb.  

(edited)
20 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Okay - who thinks that Meghan is on a forced time-out because of yesterday's behavior when she went so completely off-topic and sending the show to commercial (and royally pissing off Whoopi),

~~or~~

did she call out today because she did not want to be involved in the the Gaetz discussion and the inevitable discussion on gun control and Biden's comments on that?  

Definitely doesn’t want to get into the Matt & Gun talk, especially on a Friday with Ana.

meanwhile, the vibe is much free-er without Whoopi stumbling and Megan not listening.

Edited by geekburger
  • Love 20

You know, as much as I’d like to support these small businesses by buying their stuff, I don’t think I could live with myself if I didn’t support Oprah and buy her stuff instead.  What kind of world would we live in if Oprah lost her cazillionaire status?

• LOL 13
37 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

she was a rabble rouser (really who says that?)

Yosemite Sam. She just left out the "rootin' tootin'" part. Here is one of his famous quotes: ""I'm the meanest, roughest, toughest hombre that's ever crossed the Rio Grande - and I ain't o namby-bamby!"   I think I could make a game -"Who said it? Meghan McCain or Yosemite Sam? I gotta go. I am calling Hasbro right now.

• LOL 24
2 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

When she was talking about how many times she had detention and how she was a rabble rouser (really who says that?) she was proud of  herself. She still thinks it's a good thing she is being disruptive.   It is one thing to get in "good trouble" but Meghan just enjoys being a shit stirrer.  

Someone who wasn't a rabble rouser.

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

I can’t imagine Annie Oakley would willingly take the day off and not get to rant about those dang liberals taking her guns away.  Then again warning us that Dems will lose elections forever because of this.

Shes also probably upset she can’t use those filleting knives on Sec Pete, instructing him what “infrastructure” means. 

She may have gone off during the pre-show meeting, garnering her another enforced time out.  I hope they dock her pay or vacation days.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
19 minutes ago, deirdra said:

She may have gone off during the pre-show meeting, garnering her another enforced time out.  I hope they dock her pay or vacation days.

She does seem to be missing a lot of days.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, heysmilinstrange said:

She's clearly very intelligent. 

I would never hold her up as a role model to any child I cared about. She’s a dope, surrounded by some even bigger dopes. (Joy comes to mind.)

5 hours ago, Tara said:

I think Sunny Hostin is one of the stupidest woman on TV.  I've heard her spread garbage time and again, but that 60 Minutes report on DeSantis and Publix is under so much backlash for deceptive reporting, yet she spreads it further.  She knows it's garbage, she's just incredibly dumb.  

He did initially favor wealthy neighborhoods however, so regardless of the Publix thing, Sunny wasn’t  talking “garbage” completely.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Rainyhawk said:

He did initially favor wealthy neighborhoods however, so regardless of the Publix thing, Sunny wasn’t  talking “garbage” completely.  

Even that is totally false.  It is very easy to choose a wealthy area that received vaccines first and then choose a poor area that did not and create an entire narrative that the wealthy were favored.  There were MANY poor areas that got it in mid-January, and MANY wealthy ones that did not.  I know personally of one, Brevard Health Alliance in Palm Bay, that focuses on healthcare for the indigent, and they were distributing vaccines to their established patients only, in mid-January. But Sunny didn’t talk about that, it didn’t fit her narrative. She is spreading half-truths that at the end of the day are so deceptive they are lies.  So either she is deliberately misleading her viewers, or she is ignorant of the facts. Either way, she’s an idiot.

I’m a day behind on shows (I only watch it to keep up with the conversation here ).  MeAgain is “meg-splainin “ that conservatives are doing a piss poor job of getting their message out.  They need to go into the uncomfortable spaces, not just the hardcore right.   Isn’t that what she’s there for? 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

Notre Dame Law without a wealthy parent to give her a foot in the door. We should all be so stupid.

I agree. Sunny is clearly an intelligent and educated woman.  I think she brings a lot to The View.

• Love 19
7 hours ago, Tara said:

I would never hold her up as a role model to any child I cared about. She’s a dope, surrounded by some even bigger dopes. (Joy comes to mind.)

Well, Meghan, if you had gone to work today, you could have told them that to their faces. Maybe Monday instead?

• LOL 21
  • Love 1

After watching the show and watching the gun control discussion I'm convinced Meghan was told to stay home.  If she had been there that discussion would have been derailed by her interrupting to scream words like unconstitutional, loss of freedom and on and on.  She has shown she is incapable of having a calm rational debate about guns. Friday's show was miles better than Thursday's show.

• Love 13
13 hours ago, 2JEWELL said:

I’m a day behind on shows (I only watch it to keep up with the conversation here ).  MeAgain is “meg-splainin “ that conservatives are doing a piss poor job of getting their message out.  They need to go into the uncomfortable spaces, not just the hardcore right.   Isn’t that what she’s there for? 

Maybe this was Meghan foreshadowing that she is leaving The View soon, for a greener pasture.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ifionlyknew said:

After watching the show and watching the gun control discussion I'm convinced Meghan was told to stay home.  If she had been there that discussion would have been derailed by her interrupting to scream words like unconstitutional, loss of freedom and on and on.  She has shown she is incapable of having a calm rational debate about guns. Friday's show was miles better than Thursday's show.

She’s incapable of having a calm rational debate about anything.  

• Love 14
23 hours ago, heysmilinstrange said:

She's clearly very intelligent. 

She's the only one on the show I'd describe that way, too, aside from possibly Ana. Everyone else is average intelligence (Joy, Whoopi, Sara) or below (McCain).

As for McCain being off, I think it had more to do with trying to calm down the media bull's-eye on her right now; she'd surely have ended up in another brouhaha if she'd been there yesterday. The last time they seriously talked about gun control after the Florida shooting, she was suspended for threatening--encouraging--violence.

• Love 9

3 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Maybe this was Meghan foreshadowing that she is leaving The View soon, for a greener pasture.

From your keyboard to the View-God's inbox 🙃

22 hours ago, deirdra said:

While all that sounds great, and I-Wish!  But its probably just a sick kid or an appt.  I do wish it was the other though.  Maybe if i click my ruby red slippers 😉 hard enough....

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I think Sunny is smart, and even if you don’t like her or her politics you can’t really deny it imo. 

While I consider Ana smart, my unpopular opinion on this board is that she’s not super smart. I’ve seen her say some really stupid things on other shows that Joy, Whoopi and Sara would never say. Can’t get into them because they’re OT. She’s fun and witty and certainly smarter than the princess, but she’s not someone I’d watch if she had her own show or something. I’d watch Sunny or Joy if they had their own political shows. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 5