Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Not Your Father's Organized Crime

• Start Topic

Where is Stabler living? a hotel? Didn’t expect to see him sleeping on a sofa.

I hope they don’t drag out the Kathy murder investigation much longer. I’m ready to see a new storyline.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Neiman said:

Where is Stabler living? a hotel? Didn’t expect to see him sleeping on a sofa.

I hope they don’t drag out the Kathy murder investigation much longer. I’m ready to see a new storyline.

Granted, this "season" is not long, but it's one case for the whole season per reports.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

This was a better episode than the premiere, I enjoyed the scenes with Stabler, Bell and the taskforce investigating the case. I liked that they had a case that was sort of wrapped up with the doctor being arrested.

My main problem with the show is I don’t like seeing so much of Wheatley and his family, Wheatley reeks of supervillain, and I don’t like seeing so much of him, I wish the show would stick to investigating the crimes. Also, it’s still somewhat hard to figure out who’s who, and I’m unsure about Wheatley’s ex wife and whether or not she’s a villain.

I didn’t care for the scene of Stabler and Benson in the car, complete with Benson’s over dramatic facial expressions, it was too melodramatic.

This was an improvement over the premiere though, and I hope the show continues to improve, I do find the investigations compelling, but I’m not a fan of seeing so much of the villain. 

• Love 12
(edited)

I really like this show. The hr flew by. I like Stabler and Wheatley. I like most of Wheatley's family too (I can tell the son will annoy me). He and the ex are fire. 

I like the new hacker girl.

The boss has a good rapport with Stabler already. The ex partner is totally a mole, right?

Olivia has bothered me for years on SVU but I like her on OC; it's weird. She's written a little differently on this show and Mariska shows up to act with Chris. Even Noah is cuter on this show.

Edited by dirtypop90
  • Love 11

I don't hate this show, which is good. But it doesn't "feel like" a Law & Order franchise show to me, if that makes sense. It feels more like something on CBS. I still do NOT like the orange mood lighting. Why is it necessary?!

As I said prior, Dylan McDermott and Tamara Taylor sizzle. Just too bad he's a complete creep. And the jury is still out on the ex, and whose side she is ultimately on.

The female cop was annoying me about Nitro Nibbles, but that's minor.

I also liked the scene with Eli/Elliot after Elliot's nightmare. But where the hell are they living? Surely they can afford a better place?

The schmoopy Elliot/Olivia scene seemed in poor taste to me since Elliot JUST buried Kathy. But I guess we'd better get used to these scenes. Sigh.

Was pleasantly surprised that Stabler owned up to his antics in the last episode to Bell. Speaking of which, Stabler and Bell already seem to have a great rapport.

Finally, could have done without the Stabler beatdown at the end. I know it would be the end of the show had it happened, but I think in any other situation, the perps would have killed him right there.

Not bad, overall.

• Love 14
(edited)

^ I actually thought they were living above their means. Looks like they are in a secured building, from Olivia's meeting with him in the lobby, and higher up, in NY, with a decent amount of space for I'm guessing a two bedroom. I assumed he didn't make that much as a detective. But I guess he only has one kid to take care of now so he can afford higher rent. I remember he and Kathy had a house in queens.

Olivia's place is nice but still kind of small and she's a captain. That's NY

Edited by dirtypop90
  • Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, dirtypop90 said:

He and the ex are fire. 

Straight fuckin' fire. Their scenes are so short but the five seconds an ep they spend within a foot of each other is:

Awesome So Good GIF by Njorg

I think it might be the only reason I tuned into the second episode after the first.  That little chaste kiss was worth it.  It was sexier than all the full fledged fucking over on Bridgerton. And because of it, I feel like I'm rooting for the bad guy to get away with it and reunite with his wife. I like Meloni but apparently I still have some negative residual Stabler feelings. 

I am not a Stabler and Benson shipper so I dread any scenes that shove them together even though they're on different shows but I did actually appreciate the scene in the car.  Liv felt less googly eyed and more professional with her "I am a captain.  I need to make sure my people are right" speech. Unfortunately, the episode ended with him getting beat up because wasn't it this same kind of crap that led to angry Stabler in the first place?

Otherwise, this did feel like a CBS show with the airy open office, the tech geek and the sense that they're all cliched parts of a team as opposed to other L&O universe peeps where there were partner groupings which I think was probably a bit more realistic. 

The organized crime part of it makes it feel a bit retro.  I'm not saying that organized crime doesn't still exist but I'd think a more contemporary  concept would be L&O: Internal Affairs.  They could still do the multi-week arcs but the villains of the piece would be cops. Line of Duty does crazy well in the UK. 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 1
(edited)

I like the show so far. It's not really Law and Order since so much of the crime side is shown, but it's a good crime show. Smaller cases that can be linked back to Wheatley are good. I liked the vaccine case (I'm sure that's happening.) 

They gave Stabler some of his snark back. I was worried they wouldn't. Meloni is good at sarcasm/one liners so I do hope even though Stabler's in mourning they'll use it more. I'm glad they got the phone issue out in the open. I like Bell/Stabler scenes far more than the Benson/Stabler stuff. The show holds a good momentum throughout but the Benson scene was a drag.

I like Dylan McDermot and Tamara Taylor but the kids are a drag. Hey, I get hating the granddad for being a racist but the kids were at a party of stolen vaccines, given to rich white people that were intended for Harlem. So  their father isn't so much better. But I wonder if the son maybe gets that because he was going to say something before the sister cut him off.

I'm kinda glad Stabler was beat up at the end only because it would be ridiculous for a 60yr old Stabler to be able to take those two guys. Call me ageist if you want but I hate Liv chasing down 20yr olds too (SVU did this one scene once where Finn drove up to a chase as Benson ran and it was awesome)

I'm in for another week.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 10
(edited)

^The son sounded like a weak fool for being all wistful over a man who wouldn't spit on him if he was on fire. At first, I thought he didn't know he was racist and wanted nothing to do with them for being black, but NOPE. He knew. Pathetic. Hopefully the sister inherits the gang or whatever Richard passes down. I wouldn't be surprised if the son doesn't make it through the season.

I forgot to mention the fake date scene with Stabler. I thought it was hilarious. Meloni's facial expressions were great. Stabler on a date is now something I need. I liked the guest actress too. Maybe she'll be back.

Edited by dirtypop90
  • Love 7

I like the characters played by McDermott and Taylor, but not interested in storylines about his current wife or his kids. No need for Stabler’s kids either, and please stop parading Noah on screen.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, dirtypop90 said:

I forgot to mention the fake date scene with Stabler. I thought it was hilarious. Meloni's facial expressions were great. Stabler on a date is now something I need. I liked the guest actress too. Maybe she'll be back.

I was surprised that the lady was so willing to give up the information after Stabler decided not to go along with the ruse and tell her the truth.  And then decides to hug him TWICE.  Sort of confusing, but then again, when your ass is a trending topic on Twitter yesterday (I am not kidding), i'd be hugging him too!

I am liking the crime aspect itself, and I like think Stabler will feel that Bell is more in tune with him that Cragen ever was.  She knows about the phone, she's not thrilled, but she's not going to rat him out.  The big meeting with Wheatley and everyone at the club I didn't care for (and I can't remember the last time I saw someone smoking a cigarette on broadcast TV) and I'm thinking of those kids will be dead by the time this arc wraps up. 

3 hours ago, Gigi43 said:

But I wonder if the son maybe gets that because he was going to say something before the sister cut him off.

I think it was more not to mention that "my racist grand dad that my dad disassociated from was a mob boss!" and the mess that comes with it. 

10 hours ago, dirtypop90 said:

The boss has a good rapport with Stabler already. The ex partner is totally a mole, right?

Not only do I think he's a mole, I have a feeling he was one of the goons that attacked Stabler at the end (and the way Stabler was eyeing him before he was pistol whipped reinforced it.) He is around that height.  

• Love 11
10 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

The schmoopy Elliot/Olivia scene seemed in poor taste to me since Elliot JUST buried Kathy. But I guess we'd better get used to these scenes. Sigh.

That is what my FF button is for 😂  

Was pleasantly surprised that Stabler owned up to his antics in the last episode to Bell. Speaking of which, Stabler and Bell already seem to have a great rapport.

I liked their interaction as well.   

Finally, could have done without the Stabler beatdown at the end. I know it would be the end of the show had it happened, but I think in any other situation, the perps would have killed him right there.

Yeah they should have just let the guy escape or at least not shown the guy with a gun. For the life of me I don't know why they didn't just kill Elliot. 

• Love 1
(edited)
21 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

On another note, Tamara Taylor and Dylan McDermott have awesome chemistry. Too bad he's a scumbag. LOL!

This has been one of my primary thoughts two episodes in a row now. Their chemistry is fabulous. It's unfortunate he's a supervillain. When he leaned in to kiss her....wowza.

I'm enjoying this so far. I always love Meloni, and I'm enjoying Bell and the hacker of the cop team - unclear on the rest of the players so far. I was glad Stabler came clean about what happened (possibly after Olivia called him out; he seemed surprised by that).

Wheatley's son is very pretty, but seemed very naive in the scene with his sister. 

This is obviously a show with some heavy topics, but I was glad for the fake date because Meloni IS very naturally funny and doesn't always get a chance to showcase it. It was also fun how much Stabler clearly enjoyed busting the rich people trying to jump the vaccine line. 

Edited by Cristofle
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, GodsBeloved said:

That is what my FF button is for 😂  

I liked their interaction as well.   

Yeah they should have just let the guy escape or at least not shown the guy with a gun. For the life of me I don't know why they didn't just kill Elliot. 

Is this the same guy who only shot the guy, in the leg, at the vaccine heist?   Maybe he’s an under cover cop.  

(edited)

Well, I'm still interested.  This kind of show isn't my usual bag, and those who are saying it's very CBS are right on the money.  But I like the actors and I feel invested in Stabler, so I'll keep going.

The hacker character is the only one I really dislike so far.  I seem to be in the minority, but the brusque and awkward hacker who keeps their job despite behavior that would be alienating on its own because they're just that good is a tedious trope I've seen too many times now to be interested anymore.  I know too many people, mostly from being involved in niche hobbies, who don't know when to drop things like "it's not ice cream, it's a dairy dessert" when the distinction is really not important.  I have to keep the peace with these acquaintances in real life, but when it's just a TV character and I'm not obliged to get along with them, my eyes just roll out of my head.

2 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

who is the ex-partner you all are talking about?  ugh  I hate the beginnings of new shows - it takes me a minute to figure out who's who.  

The second man introduced to the team during this episode, Washburn, used to be the partner of the one in charge, Bell.  He's the one to whom Stabler was referring when he asked Bell whether he thought the new guy should be trusted.

Edited by 853fisher
  • Love 2

Interesting to see what the show is actually going to be like, its not like most Law and Orders, mostly focused on one crime per season instead of a bunch of cases of the week. I am not sure how that will end up going, but I am curious. It really does feel nice to see Christ Meloni's name again during the opening credits of a Law and Order show. The major mob case is alright, but the main thing about it that appeals to me is Tamara Taylor and Dylan McDermott's smoking hot chemistry. Daaaamn. 

The new cast seems alright, especially Bell, who has a really good dynamic with Stabler already. She calls him on his shenanigans, but is willing to give him a pretty loose leash when it comes to solving the case. Obviously he should not be working his wife's murder case, like Carisi said over on SVU, but Stabler gonna Stabler. The one former partner is totally a mole right? If they really wanted to shock me the mole would be quirky hacker girl. 

The fake date Stabler went on was really weird, I guess he is just really bad at going undercover? Or he read the situation and just decided to ask instead of sneak the info out of her? She gave it up really quickly, and she was still down even after he told her he was a cop. I guess she was lucky she didn't get arrested like that gaggle of rich Karen's in the doctors office. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, 853fisher said:

Well, I'm still interested.  This kind of show isn't my usual bag, and those who are saying it's very CBS are right on the money.  But I like the actors and I feel invested in Stabler, so I'll keep going.

The hacker character is the only one I really dislike so far.  I seem to be in the minority, but the brusque and awkward hacker who keeps their job despite behavior that would be alienating on its own because they're just that good is a tedious trope I've seen too many times now to be interested anymore.  I know too many people, mostly from being involved in niche hobbies, who don't know when to drop things like "it's not ice cream, it's a dairy dessert" when the distinction is really not important.  I have to keep the peace with these acquaintances in real life, but when it's just a TV character and I'm not obliged to get along with them, my eyes just roll out of my head.

The second man introduced to the team during this episode, Washburn, used to be the partner of the one in charge, Bell.  He's the one to whom Stabler was referring when he asked Bell whether he thought the new guy should be trusted.

ahhhhhhh gotcha.  I didn't realized that he and Bell were partners.  thank you  🙂

• Love 1

I think the ex partner is too easy. It is either the D.A. or the other guy. I also feel like Bell is not going to make it.  I hate any Olivia and Stabler scene so......

Why do my two favorites have to be the bad guys??!!

• Love 3

Happily surprised that they subverted expectations and had Stabler own up to his actions in the first episode. Even better was that Bell didn't care, except to say you better get that phone you didn't steal over to our Tech Goddess to crack so we can nail Wheatley.

I don't trust Bell's ex-partner.

Dylan McDermot and Tamara Taylor are on fire. The sheer chemistry between the two of them 😮 I want details on why they divorced. They certainly have a super weird relationship for ex's. The ex is certainly aware of Wheatley being totally shady, not sure about the trophy wife. He's got the kids involved with the criminal aspects as well.

• Love 2

Not sensing any “chemistry” between Taylor and McDermott.  As actors, they’re okay but not two I wish to see every week in these roles on this show. 

I didn’t care for Stabler’s fake date scene. Awkward and not something I’d expect from the veteran detective. 

• Love 2

I agree, the fake date scene was just weird.

Olivia was only in the episode for about 5 minutes and she spent 4 of them doing her stupid whispering while squeezing her eyes shut that Mariska passes off as acting.

Nothing against the actor but how did Eli, who was a blue eyed blonde with curls as a toddler grow up to have brown eyes and stick straight dark brown hair? He doesn't look anything like Elliot or Kathy.

Otherwise the storyline itself was pretty good.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, ww92 said:

Nothing against the actor but how did Eli, who was a blue eyed blonde with curls as a toddler grow up to have brown eyes and stick straight dark brown hair? He doesn't look anything like Elliot or Kathy.

Poor memories by the show-runners.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ww92 said:

Genetics are funny. My mother told me my older brother was also born with blonde hair. At 2, his hair turned DARK brown. Since then, he has had dark brown hair and brown eyes.

• Love 6
On 4/9/2021 at 6:59 AM, Gigi43 said:

I'm kinda glad Stabler was beat up at the end only because it would be ridiculous for a 60yr old Stabler to be able to take those two guys. Call me ageist if you want but I hate Liv chasing down 20yr olds too (SVU did this one scene once where Finn drove up to a chase as Benson ran and it was awesome)

I'm in for another week.

At least on SVU, it makes a little sense. Pedos and rapists are not likely to keep in the best shape.

Edited by Wizardpatch
22 hours ago, catrice2 said:

I think the ex partner is too easy. It is either the D.A. or the other guy. I also feel like Bell is not going to make it.  I hate any Olivia and Stabler scene so......

Why do my two favorites have to be the bad guys??!!

Do you think something will happen to her and then stabler will become in charge if the dept?

I really don’t know why I’m watching this. This is not Law & Order. Hell, it may be Law, but there sure as hell isn’t any Order! What the FUCK with the villain in the opening credits?!

And the whole subplot of the Vaccination Parties was BEYOND STOOPID, not to mention giving the impression to idiots who watch, that it’s perfectly okay to drink alcohol. The CDC has stated you shouldn’t have any until two weeks after your second shot. So all these wealthy entitled assholes who were drinking it up while getting jabbed? The efficacy has shot down a great deal.

I wouldn’t normally care, but we are still living in a pandemic, and this show has decided to include it in their universe, so they need to be ACCURATE about this stuff.

Can this be the last time I see fucking Olivia on this show?

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I really don’t know why I’m watching this. This is not Law & Order. Hell, it may be Law, but there sure as hell isn’t any Order! What the FUCK with the villain in the opening credits?!

And the whole subplot of the Vaccination Parties was BEYOND STOOPID, not to mention giving the impression to idiots who watch, that it’s perfectly okay to drink alcohol. The CDC has stated you shouldn’t have any until two weeks after your second shot. So all these wealthy entitled assholes who were drinking it up while getting jabbed? The efficacy has shot down a great deal.

I wouldn’t normally care, but we are still living in a pandemic, and this show has decided to include it in their universe, so they need to be ACCURATE about this stuff.

Can this be the last time I see fucking Olivia on this show?

I was vaccinated and they didn't tell me not to drink. Alcohol can weaken the immune system but it's not being widely condemned. Mayo Clinic says an occasional drink won't do anything.  

Plus bars are literally partnering with clinics offering free drinks with the  J&J vaccine this week  (Isreals been doing similar)   https://www.fox8live.com/2021/04/08/new-orleans-bar-offering-free-shots-booze-if-you-get-jj-vaccine/  Sam Adams is doing a free drink voucher and nowhere in the stories does it say 2weeks.

I don't think its that outrageous or that either way  people will take vaccine cues from people having line jumping vaccine parties, they're the bad guys.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 5
On 4/9/2021 at 2:27 PM, 853fisher said:

I know too many people, mostly from being involved in niche hobbies, who don't know when to drop things like "it's not ice cream, it's a dairy dessert" when the distinction is really not important.  

Yeah, it's the company that can't call it or market it as ice cream.  Anyone else can call it whatever they want.

It reminds me of people who insist that everything is a HIPAA violation, without understanding that only certain categories of people are bound by the regulations. (And misspell it "HIPPA" while making these false claims.)

• Love 7
7 hours ago, preeya said:

Poor memories by the show-runners.

well Noah looks nothing like baby Noah.

I actually dont remember what baby Eli looked like or ever seeing him. I do think this kid looks a little like Stabler and I like they are at least attempting to make him look Italian. I would say he's second to Kathleen as far as looking like a stabler. The others they casted are way off to me.

Edited by dirtypop90
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

really don’t know why I’m watching this. This is not Law & Order. Hell, it may be Law, but there sure as hell isn’t any Order! 

LOL!

So I finally did go back and watch the first 2/3 of the episode, and it was better than the pilot, IMO. 

However, I agree:

On 4/10/2021 at 3:30 AM, Neiman said:

didn’t care for Stabler’s fake date scene. Awkward and not something I’d expect from the veteran detective

The “fake date scene” seemed like they might have cut out some essential transitional bits——like maybe another line or 2 where Elliot at least starts out like it’s a real date——which I’m guessing were cut for the equally awkward Olivia bit, which also seemed to be missing whatever lines were supposed to make it necessary in context.

• Love 3

The writers did a better than average job of teaching us the names of some key characters, for example with the scene in which it was clarified that there is Richard Wheatley and Richie Wheatley, as well as other scenes. 

Nick Creegan, who plays “Richie,” has a surprisingly mobster-esque speech cadence emerging from his non-threatening body. I wonder if that’s how he always sounds, or if it’s just for this role. 

• Love 2
On 4/8/2021 at 11:11 PM, dirtypop90 said:

^ I actually thought they were living above their means. Looks like they are in a secured building, from Olivia's meeting with him in the lobby, and higher up, in NY, with a decent amount of space for I'm guessing a two bedroom. I assumed he didn't make that much as a detective. But I guess he only has one kid to take care of now so he can afford higher rent. I remember he and Kathy had a house in queens.

Olivia's place is nice but still kind of small and she's a captain. That's NY

I figured it was a one bedroom and he gave the room to his kid. 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Zoe said:

I figured it was a one bedroom and he gave the room to his kid. 

The kid appeared to be in a small bed; that's why I thought it was his. I assumed Elliot was sleeping on the couch because he had trouble sleeping (maybe because I do this too) and, ya know, no longer having a wife in his bed.

• Love 2

I've noticed that in TV Land  reality often doesn't seem to apply to real estate.  The apartments that some of the lead characters have on Dick Wolf's shows are far from what they could realistically afford.   I've seen magnificent views, terraces, doormen, intercom/buzzer entrances and kitchens with state of the art appliances.  This is not reality in NYC (or Chicago) on a cop's salary.      

• Love 1
On 4/9/2021 at 12:05 AM, WendyCR72 said:

I don't hate this show, which is good. But it doesn't "feel like" a Law & Order franchise show to me, if that makes sense. It feels more like something on CBS. I still do NOT like the orange mood lighting. Why is it necessary?!

I think that there is definitely some network "assistance" happening here. It just feels like typical demands from network "creative" executives. Going for "prestige" by copying the most superficial elements of award winning cable and streaming shows. Because somehow they will get critical acclaim and younger demos by making it more serialized and coming up with "distinctive" cinematography and lighting. I mean it's always worked in the past right? Making Major Crimes serialized, trying to copy CSI's stylistic quirks on Criminal Intent, letting social media influence creative decisions on Criminal Minds etc. made those shows much more successful. Right?

As I said prior, Dylan McDermott and Tamara Taylor sizzle. Just too bad he's a complete creep. And the jury is still out on the ex, and whose side she is ultimately on.

The female cop was annoying me about Nitro Nibbles, but that's minor.

Agreed on both counts. All of the cops other than Bell and Stabler are definitely in that awkward phase where they've only figured out one or two traits and haven't managed to make them real people yet. I'm willing to give them time since any longtime L&O fan knows that this is par for the course. I mean Lennie Briscoe was more than a bit annoying when he first appeared and that turned out OK.

Not bad, overall.

Again I agree. Although as long as they can keep the pandering to the shippers to a reasonable level I can deal with it. Meloni elevates Mariska Hargitay's acting and makes Benson tolerable and keeping her busy with these guest spots make SVU better since it means more time for the rest of the cast. And I thought the episode was pretty good. Better than last week and while it feels different it doesn't feel pointless like L&O:LA or like there is no real difference as Trial By Jury did a lot of the time so that's a good sign.

• Love 5

Okay, so I misspoke. But at least two of my doctors advised not to drink any alcohol until after the second shot. As someone with a compromised immunity, I'm listening to them and my brother the scientist.

It's still stupid. Ooh, let me glug-a-glug champagne while getting jabbed.

And this. no matter the music or presence of Meloni, is Not a show I consider Law AND Order. Bleagh.

I think I'll just go rewatch the Mothership episodes.

• Love 2
On 4/9/2021 at 11:27 AM, 853fisher said:

L& O: CBS...The tech support in the office who is just off somewhat socially. in her case "don't call it ice cream" has been  the thing since Abby showed up on the NCIS back door pilot on JAG. It is real old now

On 4/9/2021 at 1:20 PM, tennisgurl said:

Interesting to see what the show is actually going to be like, its not like most Law and Orders, mostly focused on one crime per season instead of a bunch of cases of the week. I am not sure how that will end up going, but I am curious. It really does feel nice to see Christ Meloni's name again during the opening credits of a Law and Order show. The major mob case is alright, but the main thing about it that appeals to me is Tamara Taylor and Dylan McDermott's smoking hot chemistry. Daaaamn. 

The new cast seems alright, especially Bell, who has a really good dynamic with Stabler already. She calls him on his shenanigans, but is willing to give him a pretty loose leash when it comes to solving the case. Obviously he should not be working his wife's murder case, like Carisi said over on SVU, but Stabler gonna Stabler. The one former partner is totally a mole right? If they really wanted to shock me the mole would be quirky hacker girl. 

The fake date Stabler went on was really weird, I guess he is just really bad at going undercover? Or he read the situation and just decided to ask instead of sneak the info out of her? She gave it up really quickly, and she was still down even after he told her he was a cop. I guess she was lucky she didn't get arrested like that gaggle of rich Karen's in the doctors office. 

I got the feeling if they should get the ex husband by the season finale that Angela Wheatley will prove to be the power behind the scene linked to some other organization. That a  political criminal alliance put them together in the first place,

My favorite scene was Detective Stabler and Sergeant Bell  reacting when the vaccine line jumpers complained about losing their privilege.  Instead of being left behind they now get to spend some money on a defense lawyer.

• Love 2

I don’t wanna see Saint Olivia & her annoying son in this show, don’t these 2 have enough airtime on SVU already, ughhhhh! 😤

I like the dynamic between Elliot & Sgt. Bell. Cannot stand the lady hacker’s smug face. No opinion yet re the other 2 team members.

Is Dylan McDermott’s voice always that husky? It’s more annoying than Jason Beghe’s.

Gina the waitress, is she Bell’s CI or an undercover cop? The actress was Gail Peck in Rookie Blue right?

On 4/10/2021 at 5:18 PM, WendyCR72 said:

Genetics are funny. My mother told me my older brother was also born with blonde hair. At 2, his hair turned DARK brown. Since then, he has had dark brown hair and brown eyes.

This. My youngest light blonde and curly up until she was 5. No curls and dirty blonde now. Her eyes are still blue. My middle? Her e yes have been gray, blue and green. Oldest, white blonde up until he was 4 and now dark brown.

• Love 1

Poor Elliot, beat up already.  Not sure why they think Stabler will back off an investigation, but if they'd wanted him dead, he'd be dead now.  I like Stabler with Bell.  I'm not in this to see sparks fly between ex spouses, but I kind of wonder about Wheatley having two wives now who are black.  Did he really want to stick it to his racist father?  Is it because he has a type?

First Noah, then Whispering!  Is Olivia going to be crossing over all season?

I liked this second episode and feel interested in the story arc.

Stabler did tell his superiors he wasn't really up for fake online dating profiles.  Cracked me up when he went with the truth!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Raja said:

My favorite scene was Detective Stabler and Sergeant Bell  reacting when the vaccine line jumpers complained about losing their privilege.  Instead of being left behind they now get to spend some money on a defense lawyer.

That felt ridiculous to me. 

I know there have been standards laid out when it comes to vaccine distribution but I am not aware of any laws passed related to it.  The doctor was arrested for getting contraband vaccines.  There's no evidence that the patients knew they were stolen.  And they hadn't gotten their vaccine yet.  They were just in the waiting room.

And the only proposed (but not passed as far as I can tell) law I could see in NY was specifically related to the actions of providers--not their patients. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

That felt ridiculous to me. 

I know there have been standards laid out when it comes to vaccine distribution but I am not aware of any laws passed related to it.  The doctor was arrested for getting contraband vaccines.  There's no evidence that the patients knew they were stolen.  And they hadn't gotten their vaccine yet.  They were just in the waiting room.

And the only proposed (but not passed as far as I can tell) law I could see in NY was specifically related to the actions of providers--not their patients. 

The bring in because they didn't show proper respect reminded me of Detectives Fontana and Green from the L&O mothership. It would be the point where the ADA was brought into the story to kick them loose.

• Love 1

re the no "ORDER" part of the show - I seem to think that for a while, there wasn't much "order" in SVU either.  Nothing like the mothership - which is my favorite formula - half law/half order.  I'm more than likely wrong on the SVU thing..... lol

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

re the no "ORDER" part of the show - I seem to think that for a while, there wasn't much "order" in SVU either.  Nothing like the mothership - which is my favorite formula - half law/half order.  I'm more than likely wrong on the SVU thing..... lol

I agree.  They've strayed too far from the original formula to be able to use the L&O name.  Then again, it's all about marketing and I can't blame Dck Wolfe for trying to cash in on his creation.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 4