Type keyword(s) to search

S09E10: Half-Wounded Parent

druzy
  • Start Topic

As Maci copes with the aftermath of the shooting, Cheyenne uses her platform to discuss racial injustice. Mackenzie’s friends come to visit her in Florida and question her rekindled marriage. Catelynn and Tyler get news that his sister has relapsed.

Airs March 30, 2021

• Useful 3

Aww Tyler. Honey it doesn't matter what your sister is drinking. She's drinking again. He has to know this !! It's not ok for an alcoholic to consume alcohol. 😩😩😩

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Mr. Miner said:

Gary is pissing me off, he knows Amber is a useless POS. If Leah don’t want her at the party, just STFU already. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I agree. Leah is 12 not 3. 

Amber was a lunatic in that phone call w her brother. Holy cow, if she could have reached thru the phone and punched him, she probably would have. 

I didn't know you could hire a hibachi guy to come to your house, cool.

Legitimate trauma work. I'm sure there is such a focus in therapy. Cait, professional counselee, would know.

Edited by Chris Knight
  • LOL 3
  • Love 16

Wow, Amber outdid herself this week. She out-piece-of-shitted herself! I could hardly believe the constant stream of bullshit she was spewing,  but then again I could, because it's Amber.

And how wonderful that she's going to TELL Leah that they have a bond. That should fix things right up. Good grief. 

Leah's "thank you" to Kristina for the gift was beyond sweet.

How nice to be treated to Kim chewing with her mouth open! Again. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 21

Good for Shawn - he really held in there, trying to bring Amber back to reality.  Amber, I understand that you suffer from mental illness but please try to remember that you are on a tv show.  We can see when you visit your kid, and when you choose your boyfriends/drugs over them.  Them - plural - since no one ever even seems to mention James anymore, and you can expect to have this crisis with him in 10 years if you don't get off the couch and go spend time with him.  Oh, and there will be no one defending you in that household, so you can really see what an undermining coparent looks like.  

I feel really sorry for the professors at Purdue University.  What on earth was the admissions office thinking?  If she ever manages to enroll, they're going to get emails at 3 am asking for extensions due to all of the people in her life sabotaging her and preventing her from doing her work.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, Liamsmom617 said:

I know Gary is going to get slammed and it’s easy for me to see that he should just let Leah call the shots right now and not try to wheedle her into giving her Amber more of a chance than she deserves. But I’ve been where he is, although fortunately my ex-husband is nowhere near the sociopath that Amber is. For a couple of years my daughters decided they didn’t want anything to do with their Dad;  they refused to go on the every other weekend visits with him and wanted nothing to do with him. I could recite his flaws all day long, but it still hurt my heart—for him and for them— because I didn’t want them to not have a relationship. I didn’t force them to see him during that time, but I did kind of do the, “I know he isn’t perfect, but he is your father, and he loves you,” thing. In our case, over time, things got better, and now they have a better relationship with him. Can’t predict the same for Leah and Amber though, because Amber is far, far more than just “flawed”. Jesus.

Gary is in a really untenable position, but he should not be guilting Leah into seeing Amber.  I understand that he is doing his best to *not* discourage a relationship with her birth mom, but there has to be a better way.  Amber's "reality" is so far removed from everyone else's that I don't think it's worthwhile trying to explain to her what the problem is, and Leah is too hurt to feel particularly kind and generous toward Amber--and as a 12-year-old, she doesn't bear the burden of making things right.

Someone, preferably a neutral third party, needs to confer with both Amber and Leah to make sure Amber is hearing how hurt Leah has been, and while Amber has suffered, too, it's her job to be the adult and make allowances.  They have tried scheduled times with each other, and that hasn't worked out, thanks to Amber's mental illness and/or substance use and/or narcolepsy.  Gary should not be put in the position of refereeing Amber's time with Leah because he is concerned with covering his ass when Amber accuses him of poisoning Leah's mind against her.  Maybe this is a situation where supervised visits in a neutral location, of limited duration, are the way to go.  If Amber misses three visits, she no longer has the right to complain or demand that Leah spend time with her, but all of this must be out of Gary's control or supervision.

I used to roll my eyes when Amber talked about her various diagnoses, but I don't roll 'em any more. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
9 hours ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

Amber doesn't want to see Leah 'on camera' because she knows we will all see how much Leah doesn't want to see her up front and center. Amber would rather it all happen off camera where she can spin it any way she likes.

Was that it?  I could not figure out why in the hell Amber wouldn't show up for a small family birthday party for Leah. Couldn't she attend the party and then still do something else with Leah another day?  Does Amber even talk directly to Leah or does it all go through Gary? 

Oh Amber, please don't use the first four years of Leah's life as an example of your parenting.  I remember baby Leah spending whole days in her crib while you were barely conscious out on the couch.   Gary's mom bringing clean bedding over for the baby she was concerned about.  Gary coming home from work to you on the couch and Leah needing to be changed and fed. 

13 hours ago, Chris Knight said:

I didn't know you could hire a hibachi guy to come to your house, cool.

Me either!  That was cool.  What a good idea.  I wish we had something like that around here.    

I'm glad Grandma Tonya made it.  She looked uncomfortable as hell but she showed up.  Since Leah specifically requested she be included I'm guessing there's a real relationship here. 

Of course Amber's brother understands that Leah is a CHILD.  I was kind of surprised he couldn't get through to Amber even though he didn't seem surprised in the slightest. 

• Love 12

Holy crap, what a great episode because of Leah!!! Something must’ve happened because we haven’t seen or heard Leah be like this before and it is so awesome. I bawled my eyes out when Kristina gave her that gift. Kristina has to walk a fine line too because you don’t want to be like, look at me, I’m so much better than your birth mom, but i think Kristina knows how important it is to make sure Leah knows that she is special and loved.  And that phone call with Shawn! Omg so good! I was surprised that he did not take her side at all and she was pissed!! I wish we could see Amber as she watches these episodes and hears what leah is saying about her. And also what Gary says, which is why he is trying to talk to Leah because he knows that Amber will blame Gary and Kristina for Leah not wanting to talk to her. 
Amber is so dumb, if she cared about Leah at all she would’ve gone to the hibachi dinner, sat next to Leah, and then asked her in person, “hey let’s you and me have a girls night birthday at my house. I got tons of make up and we can do makeovers and watch movies and eat ice cream and talk, it’ll be so much fun!”

But nope... ughhh.... good episode 

• Love 14

How fucking sad for a 12-year-old to have to come to this conclusion.   I said it last week and I'll say it again, Amber will continue to torture and blame Leah for her own lackings, not taking accountability for herself.   It bugs me Gary is doing this.  I think his intentions are good.  My mom was so abusive and I didn't get away from her until my early 30's (my sister is 15 years younger than me so I had to wait until she was 18) and when I finally could cut her off I healed.  It took a VERY long time though and my dad did not allow or understand this and thought I was wrong to ditch her until the last few years when the change is noticeable.   I hope this for Leah but at a much younger age so she can live a mentally healthy life. 

Why could she not go to the hibachi grill party?   I'm assuming they had this because of COVID, why was she acting like it was some weird display that she couldn't be a part of?   Amber reminds me of someone the FBI profilers gaslight in court to show their true nature.   She has been doing okay acting like she's involved but when Shawn called her out she flipped.

• Love 17
16 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

Gary is pissing me off, he knows Amber is a useless POS. If Leah don’t want her at the party, just STFU already. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I wanted to yell through the tv "just invite her Leah, but don't worry she won't show!"

Gary now needs to stop making Leah invite Amber to anything.  They tried, she didn't bother to make it (there is NO EXCUSE for that), so that's it.  

15 hours ago, Liamsmom617 said:

I have less than zero sympathy for Amber. From last week with her “I’m a great Mom” to this week with “I saw her once or twice a week! “I mean even her own brother isn’t kissing her ass anymore. 

Notice her disclaimer after her second time screaming that, she added "unless I was sick!" which we all know was at least 90% of the time.  

12 hours ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

I know, right?  Finally someone is willing to declare that Emperor Amber has no clothes and Leah isn't taking any shit from her about it. 

And let's talk about Amber. What a POS. She is livid that Leah doesn't 'understand' how totally 'there' Amber has been all these twelve years. Leah just was looking in the other direction I guess and missed it. I loved that Bubba wasn't letting Amber off the hook either and Amber was just getting more and more outraged that her shit wasn't flying. And then you see how hard Gary was trying to get Leah to see her mom and Leah just barely said okay to the birthday and then on the day he has to deliver the news that Amber won't show up after all. And you could see Leah expected nothing less and was absolutely not scheduling another one on one with her mom. She gave her a chance on her birthday against her better judgment and Amber bailed. The end.  Amber doesn't want to see Leah 'on camera' because she knows we will all see how much Leah doesn't want to see her up front and center. Amber would rather it all happen off camera where she can spin it any way she likes.

Excuse me, it is BUBBY!

I bet the "on-camera" thing is due to Amber not being allowed to be alone with Leah, and so when they do one-on-one, Gary makes sure that the camera people and producer are there.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

Well Maci's Big Pile O'Crap was not on display this week.   I have no doubt it's still there but they've tightened up the camera shots so I can't see the backgrounds, lol.  

I can't imagine the trauma Maci experienced but sadly this kind of PTSD(witness to a shooting) isn't uncommon these days so I'm glad she recognized she needed some help and tools to deal with it.   Taylor seems uber supportive too.  Maci will be okay.  

On a side note that little Jade seems like a hellion, lol.  Kind of kid that will keep everyone on their toes.  I like watching her.  

• Love 8

Amber is more of an "auntie" to Amber...not a mother at all. She's not involved in Leah's life like a true parent. Could we add narcissitic personality disorder to her long list of mental illnesses? She has zero self awareness and never puts Leah in the top spot in her life. Leah has had enough...for a 12 year old she is quite mature in her judgements of people. Kristina has done all the hard work in raising Leah...Amber was just around when she wanted to be and took her for mani/pedi's or had her over to her house where she slept most of the time. If it weren't for Gary and Kristina Leah probably would have ended up in foster care where god knows what would have happened to her. 

So podcasts are the new thing for these Teen Moms to do? What happened to Cheyenne's party/event planning business? Somehow I think the MTV producers concocted this endeavor for Cheyenne...why not? It worked for Kailyn on Teen Mom 2. It just seemed very scripted...thery were able to get it up and running with all the equipment in record time. And why include Corey??? What's Zach...chopped liver? She's still in love with Corey...poor Zach.

How many episdoes will be devoted to Maci's PTSD?

Cate and Tyler...what a sad family history of substance abuse, neglect, poor parenting and dysfunction. Tyler is an angry guy...always yelling at the kids and talking over his mother and Cate. Something's off with Nova...anyone notice her on the trampoline after Tyler disciplined her? Wow...her facial expressions and anger was kind of scary. I'm sorry, but I think if Tyler and Cate had a plan for their lives that involved goals like going back to school and working towards some kind of career, this would be something that would be beneficial to their future and to the futures of their kids. It would be good for their morale and for their general well being. They can go for all the therapy in the world but that's not going to help them if they do nothing with it and move on from all their childhood issues and confront the issues they have as adults. At some point, this show will end...it probably should have ended two seasons ago...are they prepared for a loss of this income? Have they prepared to get jobs with only high school diplomas in a job market that is technology driven? They will now have three children to support. It's sad that Tyler cannot move on and do what he needs to do and just put Butch behind him.

Mac and Josh...it's like watching paint dry. 

• Love 11
45 minutes ago, BrownBear2012 said:

So podcasts are the new thing for these Teen Moms to do? What happened to Cheyenne's party/event planning business? Somehow I think the MTV producers concocted this endeavor for Cheyenne...why not? It worked for Kailyn on Teen Mom 2. It just seemed very scripted...thery were able to get it up and running with all the equipment in record time. And why include Corey??? What's Zach...chopped liver? She's still in love with Corey...poor Zach.

Podcasts are the latest thing for everyone these days.   Real housewives, Teen Moms, Cable News Anchors, D list celebrities, etc. 

I think Cheyenne's party/event business dried up when the pandemic hit.   My neighbor is a caterer and she hasn't booked a gig in a year.  

I think Cory was there instead of Zach because Corey is a big o'le famewhore where Zach seems like not so much.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
53 minutes ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Amber is more of an "auntie" to Amber...not a mother at all.

I understand the sentiment but as an "auntie" myself I am pseudo offended. 😉

I have a great relationship with my nephew and niece but it didn't just happen; it took considerable effort, keeping promises, showing up and genuinely wanting to be a part of their lives from the start.   Aunties can have all the fun and almost none of the responsibility - and that's something Amber could have had if she only wanted it.   As bad as I feel for Leah I pity Amber because she is really missing out on the joy of having a child in her life.  Leah on the other hand is probably better off although I'm sure being rejected by your own mother must cause some kind of deep damage. 

• Love 15
6 hours ago, Mothra said:

I used to roll my eyes when Amber talked about her various diagnoses, but I don't roll 'em any more. 

Word. I've never seen such a cluster of mood and personality disorders. I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder when I was 19 and decided against having children. I was on lithium for 14 years and there was no way I was going off my meds to have a child under any circumstances. Amber is my reality TV reminder to work hard to stay on an even keel. 

• Love 20

I know Tyler is kind of crazy, and angry and manic at times, but I feel for him and Cate - they don't have good role models to model their parenting on.  Most people remember how their parents managed situations, and they can rely on that.  But really, most parents are kind of just doing the best they can every day, and no one really knows exactly what they are doing, since all kids are different.  So he should give himself a break, since parenting is like 90% just SHOWING UP... Amber!

I am now ffwding through Maci, Cheyenne and Mackenzie... this show needs to end.  The key to "entertaining" reality tv is disfunction, and the kids are collateral damage.  I am obviously part of the viewing audience, and therefore part of the problem.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

Yeah, I am so tired of most of these women. 

Maci I just have nothing for. She is smug, sanctimonious, and never misses an opportunity to humiliate and embarrass poor Bentley on national television. Ryan is cruel and taunts and teases him but Maci and Taylor are weirdly cruel in their insistence on putting every little thing Bentley does on blast. I hate watching that intelligent sensitive good young boy try to shrink and melt away as he is bombarded with questions about his 'love life', his knowledge of sex, his diet, his poor relationship with his dad, etc. I mostly ff through her segments now because I simply cannot stand her and even when she is sympathetic I find I can't drum up sympathy for her.

Cheyenne is just a series of parties and excuses to get family and friends on TV (and for Cory to continue to famewhore any chance he gets).  Ryder is adorable but the rest of it is tired and annoying.

McKenzie is bizarre. She yells instead of talking constantly, fake laughs constantly, is just super hyper and exhausting. LOOK EVERYBODY I MADE BREAKFAST!!!!! <laugh laugh> ISN'T IT A GREAT DAY!!!??? <laugh laugh>  LET'S SIT DOWN!!! 

Seriously, calm the fuck down, lady. If everything is super duper exciting and shoutworthy then nothing really is. Again, exhausting.

Tyler I like but Cait is kinda just there randomly doing things and floating about aimlessly. It's like she gets pregnant to have something to do.  I feel for Tyler because he is actually trying very hard. Does he get it right all the time? No. No one does. But he gets A for effort. I wish him and root for him. He has bought rental properties for income outside of MTV money so I think they'll be okay post series. They don't move every season or seem to spend huge amounts of their income, they just live a pretty normal life now that they have their home built. I think they might be okay.

I have often asked myself why I continue to watch this mostly dreck and this episode answered it for me. Leah. This episode was what I was waiting for all this time. Leah. Watching Amber deal with a child she has neglected for twelve years and not be able to spin it her way because Leah isn't buying what she is selling was what I was waiting for all this time.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Gary is interested in collecting the mtv paycheck and Leah is paying for it. I wish Leah would not be taped anymore. She needs privacy.  Not be exploited for $. 

AMEN. I don't really have a problem with Gary getting his paycheck and using it to give his family a better life, but yeah please leave Leah out of this. At a minimum, she should not be such a focus .

• Love 8
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

I know Tyler is kind of crazy, and angry and manic at times, but I feel for him and Cate - they don't have good role models to model their parenting on.  Most people remember how their parents managed situations, and they can rely on that.  But really, most parents are kind of just doing the best they can every day, and no one really knows exactly what they are doing, since all kids are different.  So he should give himself a break, since parenting is like 90% just SHOWING UP... Amber!

I am now ffwding through Maci, Cheyenne and Mackenzie... this show needs to end.  The key to "entertaining" reality tv is disfunction, and the kids are collateral damage.  I am obviously part of the viewing audience, and therefore part of the problem.  

100%! I watched this whole show in 15 minutes!  I don’t care what any of them are doing! They are all like watching paint dry!

I am here for another week of Beat Mom Ever- Amber! She is ridiculous! You don’t get to tell your daughter you have a bond. Just because you say it does not make it true.  She literally does not want to spend time with you. And I am pretty sure in order to win a best mom mug you need to show up at your daughters birthday party!

• Love 8
19 hours ago, AhFillAck said:

Wow, Amber outdid herself this week. She out-piece-of-shitted herself! I could hardly believe the constant stream of bullshit she was spewing,  but then again I could, because it's Amber.

And how wonderful that she's going to TELL Leah that they have a bond. That should fix things right up. Good grief.

It really was mind-blowing. I know Amber is mentally ill, but plenty of mentally ill people are sweet, sensitive souls, or at least reasonably compassionate human beings. Or they can at least kind of fake it for a couple of hours a month. Amber is a piece of shit who cares about no one but herself. She actually announced, on national TV, that she was intentionally hurting her 12-y-o daughter (who's already incredibly hurt) in order to "win" by forcing Leah to say that they do indeed "have a bond" and effectively retract her critique of Amber's parenting. She skipped her daughter's birthday party (after not seeing her for however long) to punish Leah and admitted so out loud, expecting her brother/anyone to be sympathetic to her. What the ever living fuck? Like, she honestly expected Bubby to be like, "Well, if Leah's going to be an ungrateful, disrespectful little shit, she can fuck off, birthday or not. It's about time that she started thinking about your feelings!" Just staggering levels of delusion and narcissism.

10 hours ago, Mothra said:

Gary is in a really untenable position, but he should not be guilting Leah into seeing Amber.  I understand that he is doing his best to *not* discourage a relationship with her birth mom, but there has to be a better way.  Amber's "reality" is so far removed from everyone else's that I don't think it's worthwhile trying to explain to her what the problem is, and Leah is too hurt to feel particularly kind and generous toward Amber--and as a 12-year-old, she doesn't bear the burden of making things right.

Someone, preferably a neutral third party, needs to confer with both Amber and Leah to make sure Amber is hearing how hurt Leah has been, and while Amber has suffered, too, it's her job to be the adult and make allowances.  They have tried scheduled times with each other, and that hasn't worked out, thanks to Amber's mental illness and/or substance use and/or narcolepsy.  Gary should not be put in the position of refereeing Amber's time with Leah because he is concerned with covering his ass when Amber accuses him of poisoning Leah's mind against her.  Maybe this is a situation where supervised visits in a neutral location, of limited duration, are the way to go.  If Amber misses three visits, she no longer has the right to complain or demand that Leah spend time with her, but all of this must be out of Gary's control or supervision.

Yeah, at this point, I feel like it's (even more) abusive to Leah for Gary to keep telling her she has to give Amber a chance, that Amber was there for her at some point, etc. Amber is not a safe person for Leah to trust or to be around without some way to monitor Amber and set healthy limits for her interactions with Leah. Gary is actively gaslighting Leah when he tells her that Amber was a decent/attentive mother at any point and there are years of MTV footage to prove that.

5 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Gary is interested in collecting the mtv paycheck and Leah is paying for it. I wish Leah would not be taped anymore. She needs privacy.  Not be exploited for $.

This too. Honestly, I was kind of put off that Gary and Kristina allowed Amber to be around Emilee. They know for a fact that Amber is crazy and toxic. It's one thing to tolerate her presence in their lives (under reasonable circumstances) so Leah can see her, but there's no reason for Emilee to have more than a "Hi, bye" relationship with her. I hope it was just a put-on for the show that they considered having Amber move onto their land.

• Love 12
8 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

Podcasts are the latest thing for everyone these days.   Real housewives, Teen Moms, Cable News Anchors, D list celebrities, etc. 

I think Cheyenne's party/event business dried up when the pandemic hit.   My neighbor is a caterer and she hasn't booked a gig in a year.  

I think Cory was there instead of Zach because Corey is a big o'le famewhore where Zach seems like not so much.   

Does anyone listen to these girls? I get that it's an easy and cost effective thing to do but really, what the hell do they have to say that I would want to waste an hour listening to?

12 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

Was that it?  I could not figure out why in the hell Amber wouldn't show up for a small family birthday party for Leah. Couldn't she attend the party and then still do something else with Leah another day?  Does Amber even talk directly to Leah or does it all go through Gary? 

Oh Amber, please don't use the first four years of Leah's life as an example of your parenting.  I remember baby Leah spending whole days in her crib while you were barely conscious out on the couch.   Gary's mom bringing clean bedding over for the baby she was concerned about.  Gary coming home from work to you on the couch and Leah needing to be changed and fed. 

Me either!  That was cool.  What a good idea.  I wish we had something like that around here.    

I'm glad Grandma Tonya made it.  She looked uncomfortable as hell but she showed up.  Since Leah specifically requested she be included I'm guessing there's a real relationship here. 

Of course Amber's brother understands that Leah is a CHILD.  I was kind of surprised he couldn't get through to Amber even though he didn't seem surprised in the slightest. 

Leah did not request her other grandma be there. Gary's mom doesn't seem to be a part of her life. She seems to have little to no relationship with Gary.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

I understand the sentiment but as an "auntie" myself I am pseudo offended. 😉

I have a great relationship with my nephew and niece but it didn't just happen; it took considerable effort, keeping promises, showing up and genuinely wanting to be a part of their lives from the start.   Aunties can have all the fun and almost none of the responsibility - and that's something Amber could have had if she only wanted it.   As bad as I feel for Leah I pity Amber because she is really missing out on the joy of having a child in her life.  Leah on the other hand is probably better off although I'm sure being rejected by your own mother must cause some kind of deep damage. 

I didn't mean it in a bad way...only that Amber's relationship with Leah is not a mother/daughter one. Amber acts more like an aunt that lives in another state and comes to visit every now and then with no real connection to Leah. Her arrogance and defiant attitude that she has "been there" for Leah and has been good mom is beyond comprehension. She's clearly delusional.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

AMEN. I don't really have a problem with Gary getting his paycheck and using it to give his family a better life, but yeah please leave Leah out of this. At a minimum, she should not be such a focus .

Leah is the only one of interest, though. Particularly her “relationship” with Amber. Other than that, they are just a run-of-the-mill family and have no story for the show. 

(edited)
1 hour ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Does anyone listen to these girls? I get that it's an easy and cost effective thing to do but really, what the hell do they have to say that I would want to waste an hour listening to?

Leah did not request her other grandma be there. Gary's mom doesn't seem to be a part of her life. She seems to have little to no relationship with Gary.

Wait, I thought Grandma Tonya(?) was Gary's mom? Is she actually Amber's mom? I remember that Gary's mom used to take care of Leah quite a bit (even more than Gary and, obviously, more than Amber) when Leah was young. And Jody(?), her once and current (at that point) partner, was also involved as Leah and Emilee's grandpa (until DNA tests proved him not to be Gary's dad). It's too bad if those relationships have deteriorated.

Edited by TheRealT
  • Love 2
46 minutes ago, TheRealT said:

Wait, I thought Grandma Tonya(?) was Gary's mom? Is she actually Amber's mom? I remember that Gary's mom used to take care of Leah quite a bit (even more than Gary and, obviously, more than Amber) when Leah was young. And Jody(?), her once and current (at that point) partner, was also involved as Leah and Emilee's grandpa (until DNA tests proved him not to be Gary's dad). It's too bad if those relationships have deteriorated.

Grandma Tonya is Amber’s mom. I remember Gary’s mom babysitting Leah too. Ever since Gary found out his mother was sleeping around and couldn’t remember who was the sperm donor that created Gary, he seems to not be involved with her at all or very little.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Oh I thought I heard Leah tell Gary she wanted him, Kristina, and Grandma Tonya there.   But even if Leah didn't expressly ask for her, I'm glad she went.  Sure, she looked uncomfortable as hell but she showed up.  Unlike Amber.  And even though it's Amber I still can barely believe she didn't show up for Leah's  birthday party.  That's the bare minimum. 

• Love 7
11 hours ago, edie3 said:

A birthstone ring.

Thank you. I haven't watched in years because of Amber.

I can't believe that she thinks her treatment of her own daughter is going to get her an apology from Leah. And if she thinks her daughter is just going to not remember the shit and excuses she's been giving her for years she is sadly mistaken.  

Amber has had enough time to get her lazy ass out of her house, put down the pipe, and be present in both of her children's lives. But she chooses to be too sick, too high, too in love, too wound up on Instagram (which her daughter will see eventually), just too lazy to be a parent even on the limited schedule she has to see her kids. What does that eventually and now say to a kid? It says if you can't even show up for your once a week, every other weekend time with them, that they can't ever count on you to be there for anything else. Kids see that and store that away, they remember. And they get to where they don't want anything to do with those type of people (blood related or not).

And for Amber to keep saying she's a good mom, no one I know who is a good mom, goes around saying that. Good mothers doubt their abilities even when their kids are grown. 

• Love 11
6 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

Oh I thought I heard Leah tell Gary she wanted him, Kristina, and Grandma Tonya there.   But even if Leah didn't expressly ask for her, I'm glad she went.  Sure, she looked uncomfortable as hell but she showed up.  Unlike Amber.  And even though it's Amber I still can barely believe she didn't show up for Leah's  birthday party.  That's the bare minimum. 

Yesd..Leah said she wanted Grandma Tonya there. Grandma Tonya is Amber's mohter. She did not say anything about inviting Gary's  mother to the party.

• Love 4

I don't think Gary can win in this situation. I know it shouldn't be about him, but I understand that he's trying to do the "right" thing and doesn't ever want anyone, most importantly Leah, to look back later and see him as the cause of or perpetuating a broken relationship with her mother. 

I know Amber did that to herself. But I still appreciate what Gary is trying to do. He's allowing Leah to form her own opinions, and she seems to be doing so. I think the time will come as a teenager then an adult when Leah can and likely will choose to distance herself from Amber, if not cut ties. But she's still at an age where I believe it's appropriate for the other parent to encourage some semblance of a relationship. In a dangerous situation, sure, but in an  safe but uncomfortable setting it's at least worth a try. 

Amber is different, so maybe I'll second guess all that. I'm just basing it off of being in a similar situation myself and seeing how quickly preteens will change their minds, latch on to what the person closest to them believes, and sometimes kind of get extreme with the back and forth. It's not the time to be planting or perpetuating any ideas. I'm fact, the more Gary does what he's doing, the more Leah may actually strengthen her own opinions and hold them as her own over time. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
20 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Grandma Tonya is Amber’s mom. I remember Gary’s mom babysitting Leah too. Ever since Gary found out his mother was sleeping around and couldn’t remember who was the sperm donor that created Gary, he seems to not be involved with her at all or very little.

That’s too sad. Mom is mom. 

(edited)

Did it not occur to Amber that she could go to the family party AND do something with just  her and Leah another day? She needs to loosen up her hair bun because her brain is being strained. It was pathetic to hear her ranting about how she was with Leah once a week....like once a week is some great accomplishment. We all know it wasn’t even that often. Girl needs to get a clue. 

Edited by Mambo Gladys
  • Love 11

I think Gary is trying very hard to not go on record ( or be recorded) badmouthing the baby mamadrama. It's really such a sad situation.

And yeah, as to listening to these sages on a podcast, no thank you. (well maybe out of curiosity and mostly just to snark). I truly don't get Cheyenne and her having a conversation about having a conversation. If that's her claim to fame and her angle, she needs to try something else. She's a cute lady and her daughter and her baby daddies are all very attractive, but that's not a novel thing.

Mackenzie as well- I just don't get it. I think I missed a few years of watching this so I am really not catching on but then again, maybe I am ?

• Love 6
21 hours ago, Mambo Gladys said:

Did it not occur to Amber that she could go to the family party AND do something with just  her and Leah another day? She needs to loosen up her hair bun because her brain is being strained. It was pathetic to hear her ranting about how she was with Leah once a week....like once a week is some great accomplishment. We all know it wasn’t even that often. Girl needs to get a clue. 

Amber didn't skip the party because she thought it would preclude doing a one-on-one activity with Leah. By her own admission, she was pissed that Leah called her out for being a shit mom and said they "didn't have a bond," so Amber decided to show her that they do have a bond by skipping her birthday party, which, in Amber's twisted mind, would hurt Leah and, therefore, prove that they do indeed have a bond. Apparently, Amber thinks that being susceptible to being hurt by someone means that you have a bond with them. Also, that kind of "bond" is sufficient for a mother to have with her child and the child is an asshole to not realize that.

The sad thing is, Amber doesn't even really want to do some 1:1 activity with Leah; that was just an excuse to "justify" not going to the party and a power play to get control after Leah tried to assert control. Amber's hope was that Leah would be heartbroken that she didn't show up for the party and accept that she could only see Amber on Amber's terms. Leah would then agree to see Amber 1:1 when and where Amber demanded and probably apologize to Amber for "disrespecting and not appreciating her." Then Amber would probably make Leah film a scene for the show saying she was so sorry for talking shit about her and that Amber is an awesome mom. Amber would reply, "It's ok, BooBoo. You know I love you and I get that it's hard being a preteen; of course I understand and forgive you!"

That's how sick, abusive, and delusional Amber is. Good for Leah for not falling for it because Gary would totally go along with Amber's dream scenario and be all, "Leah gets mad at her mom sometimes and that's understandable, but she knows Amber loves her and is a good mom..."

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
19 minutes ago, TheRealT said:

That's how sick, abusive, and delusional Amber is. Good for Leah for not falling for it because Gary would totally go along with Amber's dream scenario and be all, "Leah gets mad at her mom sometimes and that's understandable, but she knows Amber loves her and is a good mom..."

Totally. The exchanges between Amber and her brother, and Gary and Leah,were so odd. Amber is not a good mom. Amber is not a bad mom. Amber is not a mom. I sound like Dr. Seuss here but someone who visits periodically is not a parent. Kristina is there doing all the work, all day, every day, and every night.

Still no mention of poor, forgotten James.

• Useful 2
  • Love 16
2 minutes ago, Chris Knight said:

Still no mention of poor, forgotten James.

Andrew won't allow James to be on the show, but we've heard that Amber blew off many of her visitations with him (she was sick!) and, when she did see him, did so at Gary's house (I think maybe even leaving him there sometimes while she went elsewhere). Amber hasn't had overnight visitations with James, but he's about the age where there is more leeway with that in IN and she petitioned to have overnight visits with him. I imagine she'll mostly blow those off too and just wants to have the right as part of her "I'm a Great Mom!" delusion. Hopefully, if poor James is ever forced to spend the night at her filthy house she'll hire someone to look after him; otherwise who knows what kind of nightmare the poor kid will endure.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4