Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 3/22/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

35 minutes ago, AryasMum said:

The Boulder presser took the first twenty minutes of the show. What was said that was “ghoulish”?  I imagine it was something

Whoopi said politicians fundraising on the back of gun massacres is ghoulish.  She’s not wrong.

meghan has a new technique - she cherry picks statements  made by other cohosts, often without context, that line up with her beliefs/whatever she’s about to spew, and quotes them before commenting.  She seems to think it gives her cover...

• Love 12
2 hours ago, DB in CMH said:

Whoppi has a very warped/limited view of society.

I think that's why she actually works on the panel. She reminds me a lot of my aunts.  She is the "common voice" of a good deal of The View's audience. 

I dunno. Is nonsense "common"? 

I mean her stance on vaccine distribution isn't silly just because of politics.  It's silly because it's logistically impossible. But she just keeps stupidly flapping her gums about it. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

I missed the first part of the episode due to news interruption. 

People have different opinions about feminism, but by definition it's just advocacy of equal rights and opportunities. 

Someone like Lisa Vanderpump has used Housewives to continue to grow her businesses and promote her philanthropy. I think it's fabulous. Now some of the gross behavior, it doesn't make women look good. I totally think these shows can edit the women to look worse, but no one forces them to sign up for the show or make complete asses of themselves. They work with what you give them. I made Real Housewife my name one here because RHBH got me wanting to post, but I've only watched three cities, one of them not having been on in years. I think Meghan is a super fan and watches all the cities. 

I've always found bachelor parties gross and have no desire to have a wild bachelorette party. 

Andy Cohen's son is one of the cutest babies I've ever seen. He's a little doll. 

Andy and Sara "being up there" gives me hope. I like the idea of not having kids past the age of 40 personally, but it works for some people. I'm sure as I get older, I might even push that age if I'm able to, who knows. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Cementhead said:

You know you are a miserable, garbage person when you have to be asked and/or reminded to smile and be nice to your co-workers for an hour a day.  And then only be able to maintain it for a day or two before reverting back to your miserable self. 

This made me want to post one of my fave gifs

broad city trash GIF

• LOL 11
  • Love 2

For me, the first fifteen minutes was pre-empted for coverage of the supermarket shooting (I guess ABC felt there wasn't enough coverage by cable networks, so they had to share with their viewers?).  When they did come back, looks like the show came back from commercial.

Of course,  the solemn 'piano music' played (just a couple of keys on the piano)  before the camera went to Whoopi, so that cued me and other viewers in that 'we're going to be very dramatic and serious in this conversation'. If they came back with the upbeat theme song "Let's go! World's gone crazy...Ima go change the view!" it wouldn't have the same effect on viewers that they were having a 'serious conversation'.

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Someone like Lisa Vanderpump has used Housewives to continue to grow her businesses and promote her philanthropy.

Absolutely, same with Bethany Frankel.

56 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Now some of the gross behavior, it doesn't make women look good.

And that's 75% of the shows' content.  I know, I watch them!

1 hour ago, AryasMum said:

If I were seeking shows that portray feminism, I’m not really going to be inspired through the lens of a gay man.

Right!  GS also had not nice things to say about Ryan Murphy's Mrs. America.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:

AC has made a fortune of appealing to the lowest common denominator, now he's trying to put pearls on a pig.

Does ANYONE believe Andy Cohen (and how in hell did he crawl to the position he holds?) when he said he had "no idea" what went on behind the scenes with Production on "The Bachelor" shows?  Those who rarely watch figured out LONG AGO it was producer-driven.  Each season there are "buzzwords" used by every contestant.  Andy Cohen, Mr. Reality Showbiz, never heard of or watched the fun series, "UNReal," A behind-the-scenes look at the chaos surrounding the production of a dating competition program.  

Even if many viewers here didn't/don't know about the show, ANYONE in the reality-TV business had to be buzzing about it at the time.  He has always been and will be a dunce.  I consider him too NEEDY ... and I'm glad he addressed that he "just had to" attend all the parties and events when he was younger--and now he no longer has that affliction.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

I see Meghan has drunk Andy Cohen's Kool-Aid.  One of the best moments of AC's WWHL was when feminist icon Gloria Steinem was on and vehemently disagreed with AC, and said that these shows are not feminist in any way shape or form, these forms of entertainment, in fact, have hurt women.  AC has made a fortune of appealing to the lowest common denominator, now he's trying to put pearls on a pig.

The fact that the shows are titled "real HOUSEWIVES"  makes it not feminist.  I can be a wife, a homemaker, a stay at home mom, but NOT a "housewife" - that concept is left over from the 1950's .

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
5 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

The fact that the shows are titled "real HOUSEWIVES"  makes it not feminist.  I can be a wife, a homemaker, a stay at home mom, but NOT a "housewife" - that concept is left over from the 1950's .

I never thought about it this way. I know some women who are proud housewives. They are usually the antifeminist types. Now that you mention it, I’d also prefer SAHM or homemaker for those who don’t have children. Most of the women on the Housewives franchise aren’t even housewives/homemakers. They usually have younger kids if they’re younger women, and the older housewives almost always work. Sometimes their businesses may not be the most successful, but they usually are working at least part time and hustling for more. At the top of my head, I can’t think of many who spend their lives taking care of their husbands and households, like traditional housewives. Now I think I should have picked another name for myself entirely! Lol I didn’t think too much before making it. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Does ANYONE believe Andy Cohen (and how in hell did he crawl to the position he holds?) when he said he had "no idea" what went on behind the scenes with Production on "The Bachelor" shows?  Those who rarely watch figured out LONG AGO it was producer-driven.  Each season there are "buzzwords" used by every contestant.  Andy Cohen, Mr. Reality Showbiz, never heard of or watched the fun series, "UNReal," A behind-the-scenes look at the chaos surrounding the production of a dating competition program.  

Even if many viewers here didn't/don't know about the show, ANYONE in the reality-TV business had to be buzzing about it at the time.  He has always been and will be a dunce.  I consider him too NEEDY ... and I'm glad he addressed that he "just had to" attend all the parties and events when he was younger--and now he no longer has that affliction.

Andy has always been a needy  attention hog and is enamored of being a celebrity and celebrities. He primarily worked behind the scenes until he screwed somebody out of a show in order to take over the show as the host instead of being the producer.  He went out on a date with Anderson Cooper back in the day and he spent the whole date questioning him about his famous mother so it was enough for Anderson to put him in the friend zone.

Andy does know about the shenanigans behind the scenes since he does the same thing with the Housewives franchise.  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

And are they even Housewives?  I know there's a variety, and some actually have businesses, but there's also a big contingent that are instead Trophy Wives.  Or even the First Wives/Older wives are all rich on those shows, aren't they?  Nobody's doing housework.  Their maids and cooks are doing housework.

That's before we even look at the "real" part of the name...

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Oh please! Like only those that live in out thar in dem woods/ Wild West with “no access to police” and others who are gun owners, can understand why they love guns? Need guns? Just SHUT UP.

I’m glad Joy got to speak last and clarify with the truth that the victims of these mass shootings are by the AR assault rifles and not hand guns. 

And STOOPID producer who told Whoopi to go to commercial. As if the segment with Andy was so much more important and that couldn’t have been cut short instead. He’s so slimy. 

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 17
29 minutes ago, howiveaddict said:

At least with the press conference,  central time zone did not have to listen to Meghan's opine about  guns.

And just when did she learn how to walk? That line about being able to shoot a gun since she could walk is the same as being in politics while she was in utero!!🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I never thought about it this way. I know some women who are proud housewives. They are usually the antifeminist types. Now that you mention it, I’d also prefer SAHM or homemaker for those who don’t have children. Most of the women on the Housewives franchise aren’t even housewives/homemakers. They usually have younger kids if they’re younger women, and the older housewives almost always work. Sometimes their businesses may not be the most successful, but they usually are working at least part time and hustling for more. At the top of my head, I can’t think of many who spend their lives taking care of their husbands and households, like traditional housewives. Now I think I should have picked another name for myself entirely! Lol I didn’t think too much before making it. 

Oh, don't change your name based on my post.  Just use "housewife" ironically.

• Love 6

Remember I told you on Monday Meganutz was out because she ran out of cheap make-up and janky hair extensions?  Well she indeed went to her local Family Dollar store, and stocked up on $1 cosmetics and janky extensions - proof is what she looks like today on camera !

• LOL 5
  • Love 5

Omigosh, Meg is channeling Glinda the Good Witch today. How can anyone take her seriously?

And yes, Meg, you have been very clear that identity politics is more important to you than qualifications. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 8
  • Love 10

Love to hear "MyFather" McCain arguing that identity politics are ruining America's meritocracy and preventing the most qualified people from getting jobs.🙄 As a matter of fact, I would like to see another Asian American co-host on The View.

• Useful 3
  • Love 17

BWAH!  How can ANYONE take Meghan seriously with that hair! And the glitter eye makeup!

I can't listen to what she says, the look is too distracting.

Her analogy about The View hosts not being representative was laughable. Let's not compare a TV show cast of 5 to the president's Cabinet! 

And Meghan, don't criticize my Senator.

Just now, Vanderboom said:

Love to hear "MyFather" McCain arguing that identity politics are ruining America's meritocracy and preventing the most qualified people from getting jobs.🙄 As a matter of fact, I would like to see another Asian American co-host on The View.

Well, sure, but only if they kick out meghan.

• Love 16

I’m thinking Meg got a talking to during the first break because she was backpedaling hard that she just meant women farmers needed to be in the Bill and not that the black farmers shouldn’t receive the money. I’m glad Whoopi called her out. I’m also glad that Sunny and Joy brought up the historical reasons why white candidates have had more opportunities than others. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 23

Slapping my forehead: Megan doesnt want her gun rights stripped away!  Her family owns AR 15, they are popular,  what does Rep. Neguse say about that?!  He politely thanks her for her question....Oh good grief, I cant deal with her "dont take my guns away"!

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Sorry Sunny, but I call BS on your testimonial to your son.

Sure, he got into Harvard and I'm sure his 4.0 GPA helped him. What helped him even more was YOUR salary and your husband's salary (an orthopedic surgeon salary isn't exactly in the poverty range) which Harvard took a serious look at in making their decisions. I know a number of applicants to Harvard who had 4.0 GPAs in high school, but didn't get in because their families didn't have the finances to back that GPA up.

Consider yourselves fortunate, Sunny. Money talks - not GPAs. 

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

It's embedded, not indebted, you twit.

And tell me again, how this isn't proof that Twatty is indeed, STUPID. And this isn't the first time she's used the wrong words!

1 minute ago, Haleth said:

Did Whoopi just say Shatner is 90?  What?

Yes, he's 90! I read that on the Miscellaneous Celebrity Thread yesterday.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And just when did she learn how to walk? That line about being able to shoot a gun since she could walk is the same as being in politics while she was in utero!!🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

And to think I didn’t even get me little cowgirl set, replete with hat, vest, holster, and two guns, until my 7th Christmas. 

Can you even imagine a 12 month old, with that staggering, start/stop walk, lugging a .38?  Meghan really thinks she’s a bonafide cowboy, when she’s really just a trust fund princess participating in cosplay.

• LOL 12
  • Love 6
14 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

.Oh good grief, I cant deal with her "dont take my guns away"!

Aren't we all just waiting for Meghan to one day say you can  have my guns when you pry them out of my cold dead hands?

She does this after every mass shooting. Her "rights" supersede someone's life.  All I can say is that is a fucked up way of thinking. 

• Love 24
4 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Did Whoopi just say Shatner is 90?  What?

Yup, birthday was on Monday.  And I think his schedule is more busier now than in his hey day. 

When Megan was continuously apologizing about Whoopi's Star Trek character name, Joy had this look that said "I DO NOT CAAAAARE." Then Sara called her out about suddenly paying attention at the threesome comment.

I did wish they mentioned his friendship with Christopher Plummer a bit though.  

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Slapping my forehead: Megan doesnt want her gun rights stripped away!  Her family owns AR 15, they are popular,  what does Rep. Neguse say about that?!  He politely thanks her for her question....Oh good grief, I cant deal with her "dont take my guns away"!

Why don't they ask her why they need that type of gun? 

• Useful 3
  • Love 16
39 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Sure, he got into Harvard and I'm sure his 4.0 GPA helped him. What helped him even more was YOUR salary and your husband's salary (an orthopedic surgeon salary isn't exactly in the poverty range) which Harvard took a serious look at in making their decisions. I know a number of applicants to Harvard who had 4.0 GPAs in high school, but didn't get in because their families didn't have the finances to back that GPA up.

wouldn't their salary only matter if they were making "donations" to get their kid in the school like Lori Laughlan's?

26 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

Aren't we all just waiting for Meghan to one day say you can  have my guns when you pry them out of my cold dead hands?

She does this after every mass shooting. Her "rights" supersede someone's life.  All I can say is that is a fucked up way of thinking. 

the only way she will budge on her gun position is if someone in her family is shot, if then

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
40 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

It’s a bit more nuanced than that. They also consider sports - I believe Gabriel was an athlete, clubs you're involved with, student council, charitable work, recommendations.  

Gabriel probably had the advantage with recommendations, as his mother knows some influential people, but if he’s anything like his mother, he is a very well-rounded student. 

• Love 17
36 minutes ago, AryasMum said:

And to think I didn’t even get me little cowgirl set, replete with hat, vest, holster, and two guns, until my 7th Christmas. 

Can you even imagine a 12 month old, with that staggering, start/stop walk, lugging a .38?  Meghan really thinks she’s a bonafide cowboy, when she’s really just a trust fund princess participating in cosplay.

Cosplay?   does that explain today's getup?  Is there some sci-fi or anime character that explains the weird braid and the GLITTER?  

• LOL 8

What the heck was that thing that Megan had attached to her center part?  I can't for the life of me figure it out.

Also, does anyone know why only black farmers are receiving money through the bill?  I was hoping that they would spend more time discussing that issue.

• Love 2