Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 3/22/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

What in the cockroach head was Megan wearing today?!

No Sunny, your article had you and other AA females arrogantly demanding that Biden add AA's to specific positions, using the word 'owe' as I recall.  That word puts me off to begin with, as nobody owes anyone anything.

WS looks great for 90, the big ham...love him!  Megan was annoying with the loud assed apology.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
17 minutes ago, AryasMum said:

It’s a bit more nuanced than that. They also consider sports - I believe Gabriel was an athlete, clubs you're involved with, student council, charitable work, recommendations.  

Gabriel probably had the advantage with recommendations, as his mother knows some influential people, but if he’s anything like his mother, he is a very well-rounded student. 

Bottom line in Ivy League Universities is $$$.  Again, if Gabriel had all these credentials and no money from his family to back it up, he wouldn't be darkening the doorway at Harvard in the fall. It has happened to many outstanding students who couldn't get into an Ivy League because of money, and those who should not have gotten in did because of money (Kushner).

I believe once Gabriel starts attending classes, a nice revenue stream will flow to Harvard from Sunny and Manny. And it will continue long after he graduates in four years.

(Dislaimer: I work in a prestigious university (not Ivy League) for the past 6.5 years, and have learned all about how students get admitted. Family finances speaks the loudest on an application. It also speaks the loudest when a student is failing, or being threatened with expulsion from the school. You wouldn't believe how 'money' makes everything go away).

48 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I’ll have what he’s having. 

A generous amount of Botox.

• Useful 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
Just now, LetsStartTalking said:

Bottom line in Ivy League Universities is $$$.  Again, if Gabriel had all these credentials and no money from his family to back it up, he wouldn't be darkening the doorway at Harvard in the fall. It has happened to many outstanding students who couldn't get into an Ivy League because of money, and those who should not have gotten in did because of money (Kushner).

I believe once Gabriel starts attending classes, a nice revenue stream will flow to Harvard from Sunny and Manny. And it will continue long after he graduates in four years.

(Dislaimer: I work in a prestigious university (not Ivy League) for the past 6.5 years, and have learned all about how students get admitted. Family finances speaks the loudest on an application. It also speaks the loudest when a student is failing, or being threatened with expulsion from the school. You wouldn't believe how 'money' makes everything go away).

YEs, Harvard admits students who score in the top 1 - 2 % on SAT.  Its not a done deal that a 4.0  and being on a sports team gets you in.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, tinkerbell said:

YEs, Harvard admits students who score in the top 1 - 2 % on SAT.  Its not a done deal that a 4.0  and being on a sports team gets you in.

Exactly. And if Gabriel did not score in the top 1-2%, then he needed $$$$ to back him up.

If Gabriel had parents who's net income totaled less than $100,00 (for starters) he wouldn't be going to Harvard with his 4.0 GPA and his athletic abilities, no matter how he scored in the SATs. He wouldn't be going to the university I work at, either.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

This makes sense. Money truly does makes everything easier. 

I will say, though, that at least Gabriel has the grades, skills, and the credentials, in addition to parental money and connections. So many kids don't have the grades, skills or credentials, and STILL get in because of parental money and connections, and coast through school and life on the same. That's the issue that Sunny was pointing out. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
29 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Just what I wanted to hear -- Missy screaming "I'm sorry" fifty times for mispronouncing Whoopi's character's name on Star Trek(?).  Gawd!!

yeah, just wasting time

or maybe she wanted to proved that she does actually say "i'm sorry" when she feels like it

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

Cosplay?   does that explain today's getup?  Is there some sci-fi or anime character that explains the weird braid and the GLITTER?  

I’m not quite shore, but she was definitely sporting a tiny dorsal fin. 

• LOL 14
7 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

Meghan really does think only gun owners can talk about anything concerning guns.  It felt like she was purposely ignoring what Sara and Sunny had said and was only acknowledging what Whoopi had said.

Don't forget, MyFather accepted more money from the NRA than any other politician in history (at least until the last time he ran for anything, I know others have more than picked up the slack since).

Meghan loves guns, and praises them on camera, because $8 million dollars or so, buys a lot of fun stuff for a Princess. 

Edited by Kromm
  • Useful 3
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, cinsays said:

Why don't they ask her why they need that type of gun? 

Probably because she can’t really hunt and needs the head start the gun gives her?  Most gun owners agree that one isn’t necessary to recreational hunting, etc.  and good lord...the hair and eyes.  It would have fit yesterday with Andy Cohen/real housewives but it’s terribly I professional for a political “analyst”.  I can’t even figure out that twisty middle thing.  

and why didn’t anyone note that the bill does include assistance to all farmers as the previous relief bills have.  It’s not like black farmers were the only ones with assistance this time. There were sep if ic reasons for the special farmers who are POC (not just black).    I really wish that they all did enough research to point things out when someone (normally MM) says something wrong.  

Edited by Rainyhawk
Add something
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Exactly. And if Gabriel did not score in the top 1-2%, then he needed $$$$ to back him up.

If Gabriel had parents who's net income totaled less than $100,00 (for starters) he wouldn't be going to Harvard with his 4.0 GPA and his athletic abilities, no matter how he scored in the SATs. He wouldn't be going to the university I work at, either.

Interesting as I’ve always heard that the ivy leavue schools often offer great, but poor, students the best financial aid packages.  That if they really want you your ability to pay is secondary. 

• Love 8

I knew when MeAgain went down the road of talking about Asian representation that she would show how stupid she really is. Her PR people wrote her "apology" statement for her; perhaps they should be vetting her talking points every day as well. They are probably laughing their heads off at how much money they will be making off of this idiot.

This article includes tweets from a lot blue check mark people on Twitter. MeAgain has finally arrived. Instead of everybody just ignoring her stupidity, now people are actually calling it out.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/meghan-mccain-the-view-representation_n_605b61d1c5b67ad3871bc883

• Love 16

MeAgain is getting called out everywhere!

https://www.thedailybeast.com/meghan-mccain-cries-identity-politics-over-calls-for-asian-american-host-to-replace-her-on-the-view?ref=home

From the article:

The irony, of course, is that Meghan McCain’s “identity” as the daughter of the late Sen. John McCain—something that she never fails to bring up on the show—has played a defining role in her media career. But she seemed to be implying that while she got her gig purely based on “merit,” the same could not be said for any Asian American co-host that could conceivably replace her.

As CNN’s Abby Phillip tweeted in response, “There have been more View co-hosts who are children of famous people than view co-hosts who are Asian. Does she really think that’s because there aren't enough Asian people with the right qualifications?”

• Love 22
8 minutes ago, bannana said:

I knew when MeAgain went down the road of talking about Asian representation that she would show how stupid she really is. Her PR people wrote her "apology" statement for her; perhaps they should be vetting her talking points every day as well. They are probably laughing their heads off at how much money they will be making off of this idiot.

This article includes tweets from a lot blue check mark people on Twitter. MeAgain has finally arrived. Instead of everybody just ignoring her stupidity, now people are actually calling it out.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/meghan-mccain-the-view-representation_n_605b61d1c5b67ad3871bc883

MyFatherrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I love that that's come back to burn her. That basing an argument around qualifications is stupid when you're The Princess of Arizona. 

Im not even sure I liked the political move by Duckworth. But it was worth it to see MeAgain twisting in the wind. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, athousandclowns said:

I will say this about what ever Megs has on her head it still hasn’t distracted me from what’s going on with her lips or teeth for 2 days now. I have to look down on my iPad so I can hear what she’s rambling on about. 

Yeah that struck me2.  Jokerface lol (tm Weird Al, there's your next hit!) LOL

• LOL 4

MeAgain trying to distract from her latest controversy posted this on Twitter:

Meghan McCain on Twitter: "This is really significant and something we should implement in this country. The pain of my miscarriage gutted me emotionally for a very long time." / Twitter

Oh, and this is to remind everyone that she is tough. 🙄

Meghan McCain on Twitter: "There’s no crying in baseball. I’ve accumulated tough, crocodile skin being in this industry as long as I have. I know who I am and what I believe in this world - just glad I can keep so many (many!!) of you talking and thinking even if it’s that you hate me and my opinions. 

classic film smile GIF by FilmStruck

• LOL 8
2 hours ago, A-Lo said:

Also, does anyone know why only black farmers are receiving money through the bill?  I was hoping that they would spend more time discussing that issue.

Because Black farmers have been excluded from previous rescue packages, sometimes the bills themselves excluded them, or the people administering the packages deliberately excluded them.

• Useful 8
  • Love 10

I'm a very feminine person who loves clothes, hair and makeup. I'm sure some people think me wearing a full face of makeup to work and often opting for dresses over pants is extra. I don't hate on anyone who just wants to look pretty. But Meghan is going for the same vibe of her idols, Dolly Parton and Erika Jayne. Those women are showgirls! I thought Meghan fancied herself a serious conservative pundit. Meghan doesn't need to show up with minimal makeup and a pantsuit, but the in your face hair and makeup look so silly. 

• Love 12

MeAgain's idiotic comments overshadowed her other missteps today. Star Trek is Ben's favourite series. Whoopi is her co-host. But MeAgain doesn't know how to pronounce Whoopi's character's name? She not only got it wrong she got it so wrong I had no idea who she was talking about. (Guinan always had the best hats.)

image.png.5dda4262e79889edfacb392c40d7d59e.png

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Just what I wanted to hear -- Missy screaming "I'm sorry" fifty times for mispronouncing Whoopi's character's name on Star Trek(?).  Gawd!!

That was a bit off... Even Shatner said, maybe her husband really will kill her for messing it up....

3 hours ago, A-Lo said:

What the heck was that thing that Megan had attached to her center part?  I can't for the life of me figure it out.

Also, does anyone know why only black farmers are receiving money through the bill?  I was hoping that they would spend more time discussing that issue.

So happy Whoopi corrected her.   Black farmers sued the government for years of discriminatory treatment and won.   The funds in the bill are related to that.   And as others have said, there were other funds for all farmers in the bill.   

3 hours ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

No Sunny, your article had you and other AA females arrogantly demanding that Biden add AA's to specific positions, using the word 'owe' as I recall.  That word puts me off to begin with, as nobody owes anyone anything.

It's politics.   Pence didn't become VP because he had such a great rapport with Trump.  It was because evangelicals required him on the ticket.  Happens all the time.   Black women are about 7% of the population and 97% voted for Biden.   Over 90% consistently vote for democrats.   Yes they are owed and it's not arrogant to say so.   

• Love 23
33 minutes ago, AryasMum said:

Oh, and in a change of topic, a trust fund baby, who had a powerful, political father, and acknowledges she only has her current job through said father, braying that America is a true meritocracy, is deluded, ignorant, or both. 

And the twitterverse is telling her exactly that!

Twitter Words Have Consequences GIF by SVU

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, bannana said:

Oh, and this is to remind everyone that she is tough. 🙄

Meghan McCain on Twitter: "There’s no crying in baseball. I’ve accumulated tough, crocodile skin being in this industry as long as I have. I know who I am and what I believe in this world - just glad I can keep so many (many!!) of you talking and thinking even if it’s that you hate me and my opinions. 

classic film smile GIF by FilmStruck

Once again she thinks people hate her because of her opinions. No Meghan we dislike the way you present your opinions.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, After7Only said:

So happy Whoopi corrected her.   Black farmers sued the government for years of discriminatory treatment and won.   The funds in the bill are related to that.   And as others have said, there were other funds for all farmers in the bill.   

Let's not forget  that Black farmers were also cheated out of their lands or stolen outright by Whites with the tacit approval of the government. So Nutmeg needs to shut the hell up..

1 hour ago, After7Only said:

It's politics.   Pence didn't become VP because he had such a great rapport with Trump.  It was because evangelicals required him on the ticket.  Happens all the time.   Black women are about 7% of the population and 97% voted for Biden.   Over 90% consistently vote for democrats.   Yes they are owed and it's not arrogant to say so.   

Exactly! Black women are the most loyal base to the Democratic party so they were owed a seat at the Table.  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 17

McCain is 36. Hasn’t she outlived her usefulness on this show? LOL!!! Seriously though. I haven’t watched this show in years. I’m even trying to remember which cast format I last watched. I think it was when there was some (sorta) comedian named Michelle Collins on there as a host. That’s was several years ago, if I recall. Anyway, I read all the news bullets of the day and it’s always about McCain and some stupid comment she has made. I guess production likes it because it brings attention to the show but it seems like she is more hate by the viewers than anything. I just wonder if they’ll ever pull the plug and fire her?!

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I guess production likes it because it brings attention to the show but it seems like she is more hate by the viewers than anything. I just wonder if they’ll ever pull the plug and fire her?!

I guess it comes down to why they have her on.  If it was truly to be the voice of the conservatives I think she'd be fired because she ain't doing them any favours!  I mean I am assuming ABC isn't Deep Democrat and keeping her on to make the other side seem stupid! However if it's to get attention for the show, well, that's working.  But is this the kind of attention they want?  The $64,000 question.

Edited by WinnieWinkle
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
33 minutes ago, Haleth said:
58 minutes ago, bannana said:

This article details the twitter back and forth with Cuomo's accuser, and Janice Dean also weighs in to come to MeAgain's defense.🙄

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/view-co-host-meghan-mccain-190129135.html

Oh, brother. Crocodile skin.

I think she left a couple words out of her tweet, she meant she had accumulated a lot of crocodile skin purses, shoes and boots leaving out that she shot those croc with an AR-15. She regrets the error.  She knows in that heart that is apparently wandering around outside her body (this statement solves so many mysteries surrounding her missing heart) she is the most thin skinned white person to ever thin skin white person. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Haleth said:

Ugh, why can’t Meghan be frozen instead of Joy and Sunny?

That was the happiest I've seen Meghan in a long time. She sure was fast to let us know that she was still there.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, McKavity said:

Because Black farmers have been excluded from previous rescue packages, sometimes the bills themselves excluded them, or the people administering the packages deliberately excluded them.

In addition, there is other aid for other farmers...it’s not a situation that only POC farmers are getting aid but they have a specific pot from the whole (for the reason mckavity said).  Also, it’s all farmers of color, not just black.  I really wish the show fact checked more.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

In addition, there is other aid for other farmers...it’s not a situation that only POC farmers are getting aid but they have a specific pot from the whole (for the reason mckavity said).  Also, it’s all farmers of color, not just black.  I really wish the show fact checked more.  

At the very least, fact check the moron who always exaggerates, twists things, takes words out of context. Basically, she’s a fucking idiot and she’s worn down everyone, except perhaps Sunny who often corrects her. It was good to hear Whoopi point out that the black farmers situation was more complex.  I’m guessing that came up in the morning meeting, and Whoopi was more alert than normal. 

I once was going back and forth on a subject with my cousin. She had spent four years in Hungary and knew nothing about current issues in the US. I finally told her she was so uninformed that we couldn’t talk about the subject. I wish they would tell Meghan that. 

• Love 13
6 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

Interesting as I’ve always heard that the ivy leavue schools often offer great, but poor, students the best financial aid packages.  That if they really want you your ability to pay is secondary. 

Most schools offer bare minimum in financial aid or scholarships, enough to make them look appealing in their promotions to applicants. As we're reminded every year at our financial review in June (our fiscal year starts July 1), "Private education is a business. It's not a charity."

Schools need  more revenue taken in then going out in financial aid packages and scholarships, and that revenue comes from tuition. If an applicant's ability to pay didn't matter (and it was only based on GPA, SATs, and athletic skills) the schools would not be asking for financials from the student as well as the family.

As it's pointed out to us every year (and again, I work at a very prestigious private school, not an Ivy League, but this is a guideline for acceptance across the board *) :

1. Those who can pay out of pocket, in full, get accepted first. Period.

2. Those who can pay with a student loan get accepted next.

3. All others get accepted last.

Sunny can continue to brag about her son getting into Harvard all she wants, but it would be much better if she was more honest and told everyone how his tuition is being paid. I'm betting my last dollar it's out-of-pocket.

*This is for private schools, so please keep in mind city and state colleges and universities have different acceptance policies when it comes to finances.

Edited by LetsStartTalking
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Rainyhawk said:

Also, it’s all farmers of color, not just black.  I really wish the show fact checked more.  

I picture the various employees who research, who prepare notes, cards, and cue cards...rolling their eyes, and slapping their foreheads.  I'd bet there's a lot of fact-checking, but Whoopi is the last person who cares about someone else's work or opinion.  She's an EGOT, so she'll just slide into her chair and try to read.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

Once again she thinks people hate her because of her opinions. No Meghan we dislike the way you present your opinions.

• And the way you treat others.
  • And your use of "tribalism" and your devotion to it.
  • And your continued entitlement. (Do you even KNOW how YOU got this job?)
  • And your vocabulary mishaps (wait...I enjoy those)
  • And some of your "get-ups."
  • Love 13
8 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:
9 hours ago, Haleth said:

I’ll have what he’s having. 

A generous amount of Botox.

And a boatload of expensive and fabulous (some not-so) toupees since 1957 (age 26)...about the same time he had a part in "The Brothers Karamazov."

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Oh Boo-Freakin’-Hoo! Twatty’s assault weapon of choice may be taken from her! So fucking what if it’s “popular”? The AR15 Is AN ASSAULT WEAPON. She can still fucking hunt and shoot with HUNTING RIFLES, and protect her narcissistic ASS with same and a hand gun. The ignoranamus nimrodic maroon.

I can’t take her seriously when she looks normal, but I REALLY CAN’T take her seriously when she looked so utterly RIDICULOUS. Referring to her style as Glinda the Good Witch is an INSULT to Glinda.

🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
On 3/23/2021 at 1:55 PM, Back Atcha said:

I consider him too NEEDY ... and I'm glad he addressed that he "just had to" attend all the parties and events when he was younger--and now he no longer has that affliction.

To add...I'm GLAD he addressed his neediness, but that doesn't mean I believe he's been immunized.  I give Anderson Cooper kuhdooz for spending any time at all with him.

• Love 3