Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 3/22/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

6 hours ago, bannana said:

Meghan McCain on Twitter: "There’s no crying in baseball. I’ve accumulated tough, crocodile skin being in this industry as long as I have. I know who I am and what I believe in this world - just glad I can keep so many (many!!) of you talking and thinking even if it’s that you hate me and my opinions. 

If she has a tough, crocodile skin, why does she have to hide out at home for a day or two every time she gets hammered by social media or John Oliver?

• LOL 2
  • Love 19
5 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

To add...I'm GLAD he addressed his neediness, but that doesn't mean I believe he's been immunized.  I give Anderson Cooper kuhdooz for spending any time at all with him.

Andy Cohen had the virus during the begining of the epidemic.  I think he would be one to get vaccinated when able.  Him and Anderson are besties who have toured the country in a show together. Made me think a little less about Anderson.

If Liberty was around seven, I would swear that she picked that hairstyle for her mom. It looks entirely like a little girl going to a tea party.

• Love 12

I swore off this show for a couple of months. For some reason I tuned in today just in time for Meghan to educate me about Martin Luther King and identity politics. Back to swearing it off. Thanks, Meghan! Someone convince her she's overqualified and maybe she will voluntarily take her genius elsewhere.

Edited by adore
ugh, missing text
  • LOL 5
  • Love 11
10 hours ago, Angeleyes said:

I’m thinking Meg got a talking to during the first break because she was backpedaling hard that she just meant women farmers needed to be in the Bill and not that the black farmers shouldn’t receive the money. I’m glad Whoopi called her out. I’m also glad that Sunny and Joy brought up the historical reasons why white candidates have had more opportunities than others. 

I'm not one to defend Meghan, BUT here goes....I don't see why she had to backpedal. She said that in the most recent stimulus package money was given to minority farmers, but no money was given to women farmers. I understood her to mean that women farmers needed to have been included in the package ALONG with the minority farmers. Then Whoopi twisted it around and said that there was a "very specific reason" why black farmers received money. Meghan never said that they shouldn't have rec'd money, she said that women should have been rec'd it too.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
26 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Oh Boo-Freakin’-Hoo! Twatty’s assault weapon of choice may be taken from her! So fucking what if it’s “popular”? The AR15 Is AN ASSAULT WEAPON. She can still fucking hunt and shoot with HUNTING RIFLES, and protect her narcissistic ASS with same and a hand gun. The ignoranamus nimrodic maroon.

When the second amendment was written, there were no AR15s; you could choose between flint-lock short guns, muskets and 2-barrel shotguns.  Loading and firing them accurately takes real talent.

• Useful 3
  • Love 16
11 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

While watching Whoopi "command" the moderator's chair this week, a few words came to mind:

• unprofessional
  • barely literate
  • incompetent
  • ignorant

Did I miss anything?

Yes - her endless word salads that she thinks passes as wise old advice.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, adore said:

I swore off this show for a couple of months. For some reason I tuned in today just in time to educate me about Martin Luther King and identity politics. Back to swearing it off. Thanks, Meghan! Someone convince her she's overqualified and maybe she will voluntarily take her genius elsewhere.

Just once I wish someone on the panel would point out that Meghan's affinities for guns, military service, America, jello shots, Abraham Lincoln, George Washington, her father, whiskey, shootin', etc. constitute their own form of identity politics. And a disingenuous form of identity politics at that, because, as we all know, Meghan is a coastal elite who happened to have spent part of her life in Arizona.

• LOL 1
  • Love 17

Thinking MM has not lived in Az in 18 years.

But can tell us about LA, NYC and all about middle America. And Az too.

But then she said AZ was middle America.

OTOH she is in the beltway now with her braids and odd hairstyles and sparkles all over but mostly on her eyelids and expect us to listen rather than laugh. Don't forget the selfies!

Why do I think MM no longer (if ever) represented middle American?

Or explain it to morons like me. lol

• Love 11
10 hours ago, deirdra said:

If she has a tough, crocodile skin, why does she have to hide out at home for a day or two every time she gets hammered by social media or John Oliver?

As @GHScorpiosRule so often reminds us Meghan got owned by Paul Begala on Real Time and I think that has made her leery of that ever happening again.  She will hide behind her Twitter and say things but she won't risk someone coming at her in person.  She was genuinely shocked when Seth Meyers did it.   Her co hosts though have subtly been doing it lately.  Joy and Sunny both threw shade at her by bringing up the fact that so many privileged white mediocre people get far in life for no other reason than they are a privileged white person.  

I do have to say I'm enjoying Meghan continuing to step in shit that she herself has made.   Nobody would have brought up Meghan agreeing with Trump a year ago if she  hadn't tweeted out something that contradicted that.  She wouldn't be getting dragged right now if she hadn't pretty much said non white people hired might not be as qualified as white applicants.  

I do wonder if her co hosts are acknowledging it.  Are they sending her stay strong messages?  Or are they just thinking you made your bed and now you have to lie in it?

• Love 16

I say her fellow co-hosts are more inclined to let her stew in her own juices. From the moment she came back from maternity leave, they haven't had a moment's peace. I've always felt that while they may tolerate her, none of them seem to really like her all that much.

• Love 9

I’m surprised Meg is there after her latest faux pas but I guess she needs to be there to project her anger at media with the Chrissy Teigan story.  Making it about herself, of course.

Since when is she an advocate for immigrants and showing compassion for them?  Here she goes again with her rant without providing any suggestions.  (Lol at Whoopi’s reaction. “Cool. Sunny?”)

Sunny: CA is a border state because AZ and Oregon border it. What?

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 15
8 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I’m surprised Meg is there after her latest faux pas but I guess she needs to be there to project her anger at media with the Chrissy Teigan story.  Making it about herself, of course.

Since when is she an advocate for immigrants and showing compassion for them?  Here she goes again with her rant without providing any suggestions. 

Oh she was draaaaagged unmercifully on a Washington Post article that posted close to 1:00 am this morning. And that she refused to comment on the story.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Useful 4
  • Love 5

The only redeeming factor for Meghan's Daily Monologue of Self-Involved Word Salad is Whoopi's nonplussed reaction to them and throw-to-commercial rebuttals. I will say, though, that the Biden Administration needs to come up with a solid plan for immigration reform sooner rather than later.

P.S. How adorable is Whoopi's sheer love of Sesame Street? She seemed more excited by being the most frequent celebrity guest than EGOT.

Edited by Vanderboom
  • LOL 1
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, catlover79 said:

I say her fellow co-hosts are more inclined to let her stew in her own juices. From the moment she came back from maternity leave, they haven't had a moment's peace. I've always felt that while they may tolerate her, none of them seem to really like her all that much.

Yeah, but doesn't Meghan always text message all of the time?  I don't know if she still does it, but didn't it used to be part of her shtick how she texted Sunny at such and such a time?  All part of Meggy's insistence/delusion that they're all friends... 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

And Meganutz was off to the races again, breathlessly ranting about herself trending on Twitter and the abuse she has taken over the years because she's the only conservative voice in mainstream media (I guess the FOX network doesn't count in her world).

Her segment ends and a disinterested Whoopi says, 'Okay...' and turns the attention to Joy.

Again, I love Whoopi !

Of course, the irony in all this is that Meganutz - who shows us very day she's dying to be center of attention from the way she appears on camera to the controversial comments she makes in public - pretends she doesn't follow or appreciate the attention she gets on social media ?

Edited by LetsStartTalking
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Meg is the only conservative woman on mainstream tv. The only one left. What?

Yes, and I think she was put there to make conservative woman look bad.  She’s doing a great job. Trending on Twitter is what she strives for, it’s job security.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

And Meganutz was off to the races again, breathlessly ranting about herself trending on Twitter and the abuse she has taken over the years because she's the only conservative voice in mainstream media (I guess the FOX network doesn't count in her world).

Her segment ends and a disinterested Whoopi says, 'Okay...' and turns the attention to Joy.

Again, I love Whoopi !

She still thinks the criticism of her is because of her ‘views’ rather than her nasty, mean spirited, self centered personality.   What an idiot. 

• Love 22
12 minutes ago, Axie said:

Did Whoopie just say you could see Robin Roberts every morning on Good Morning OF America?  Sigh....

I was hoping one of the hosts (maybe Sara, since she comes across as naive) would ask Robin Roberts why she has never cast EGOT winner Whoopi Goldberg in one of her projects ? I'm sure as producer she could've given a role to Whoopi in the new film 'Mahalia', and worked out something with her schedule ?

So far in the past month, they have promoted the (awful) 'Wendy Williams' movie, the 'Aretha' mini-series, and now 'Mahalia'.  None of these producers wanted Whoopi for any of them ?

• Love 3
1 minute ago, LetsStartTalking said:

I was hoping one of the hosts (maybe Sara, since she comes across as naive) would ask Robin Roberts why she has never cast EGOT winner Whoopi Goldberg in one of her projects ? I'm sure as producer she could've given a role to Whoopi in the new film 'Mahalia', and worked out something with her schedule ?

So far in the past month, they have promoted the (awful) 'Wendy Williams' movie, the 'Aretha' mini-series, and now 'Mahalia'.  None of these producers wanted Whoopi for any of them ?

Maybe she’s holding out for The Whoopi Goldberg Story. 

• LOL 11
53 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Meganutz just went on one of her breathless rants, trying to make 'talking points', and after she's done, Whoopi responds with 'Cool'.

Then turns the attention to Sunny.

Yep, once again, I'm reminded why I like Whoopi as a moderator.

Meghan needs to learn- if you want people to listen to you and take you seriously - SUMMARIZE!   Say your main points, don't tie in other things, put your thoughts in a few sentences. 

I think Whoopi is just sitting there thinking, "this b#itch talks faster than I can listen, I'm out.   are you done talking?  Cool!" 

• LOL 11
  • Love 5
20 minutes ago, Haleth said:
23 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Maybe she’s holding out for The Whoopi Goldberg Story. 

Maybe they can't meet her asking price.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Meghan needs to learn- if you want people to listen to you and take you seriously - SUMMARIZE!   Say your main points, don't tie in other things, put your thoughts in a few sentences. 

That's if you actually want to persuade people.  Meghan comes from the tradition (all but universal now among her tribe) of using speech not to persuade, but to seed talking points.  It's not about winning people over. It's about getting the receipts to give to members of your tribe that you said what they expect you to say. That you did your job of representing them.  There is no expectation of it making objective sense or winning anyone over. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Meg is the only conservative woman on mainstream tv. The only one left. What?

Can we get Ana with the rebuttal tomorrow?

1 hour ago, GladysCravits said:

She still thinks the criticism of her is because of her ‘views’ rather than her nasty, mean spirited, self centered personality.  

She never learns!! 

• Love 15
42 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Meghan does NOT "need to use twitter"  for her job. 

Did she actually say this?

43 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

She also said that she was severely depressed over things said on social media, yet she portrayed herself yesterday as having a crocodile-thick skin, and nothing bothers her.   

If social media is affecting her so negatively then get the fuck off social media.  Last summer my son and daughter in law quit social media because it was affecting them negatively.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 20

Joy laughing after Meghan's pity rant was everything 😂. Meghan says she needs Twitter for work, mmmkay. She loves the attention gtfoh princess. 

Whoopi saying Cool also made laugh.

Meghan never once said anything about the the horrible things happening at the border, now it's just too much for her tolerate.  Stfu, we know why you're talking about it.

Since she brought up that picture with the gun pointed at her, you would think  her view on sensable  gun control would have evolved. Like having a baby,  now she cares about paid maternity leave and the poor children at the border  but nope.

Edited by Cozytea
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 21

So MeAgain says the border crisis is the biggest issue ever, and goes on about compassion and this being a humanitarian issue, and then says people should only enter the country legally. So what does she want?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12
9 minutes ago, bannana said:

So MeAgain says the border crisis is the biggest issue ever, and goes on about compassion and this being a humanitarian issue, and then says people should only enter the country legally. So what does she want?

Cue Whoopi's confused face here!! 

• LOL 10
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, bannana said:

The fact that she could sermonize on this subject with a straight face . . . I swear, if tomorrow democrats started advocating for AR-15s for everyone, she would show up on Monday, sobbing, and discuss how dangerous they were, list all the mass shootings, and wail, “Won’t someone think about the children?”.  

I don’t understand how she doesn’t understand that her previous words and opinions were recorded and observed by millions.  I hope they excoriate her on this topic again, remind her of her callous and uncaring opinions on immigration in the past, including her scoffing when babies in cages were mentioned.  She is a joke. 

Edited by AryasMum
Uncaring, NOT caring.
  • Love 17
30 minutes ago, AryasMum said:

I don’t understand how she doesn’t understand that her previous words and opinions were recorded and observed by millions.  I hope they excoriate her on this topic again, remind her of her callous and uncaring opinions on immigration in the past, including her scoffing when babies in cages were mentioned.  She is a joke. 

I think people will be looking for things to nail Meghan with her hypocrisy.  Twitter loves to show receipts.

• Love 12
17 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

I picture the various employees who research, who prepare notes, cards, and cue cards...rolling their eyes, and slapping their foreheads.  I'd bet there's a lot of fact-checking, but Whoopi is the last person who cares about someone else's work or opinion.  She's an EGOT, so she'll just slide into her chair and try to read.

Meghan is the one who does this the most though...no excuses for her.  

was it my imagination or did Sunny and Sara sort of suck up to MM today re the miscarriage and then the suggestions she gave to Sara about Twitter?  Weird.  She so craves attention.

Edited by Rainyhawk
Add
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

OK. a bit of   I just heard what you all were talking about...she actually said that she’s the last remaining conservative woman in mainstream tv???  I think there are lots of women on Fox (or is she saying that’s not mainstream), CNN, MSNBC who might disagree. And, BTW, no one is feeling sorry for you MM. And some false modesty re the many times she mentioned that she trends on Twitter.  

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

And some false modesty re the many times she mentioned that she trends on Twitter.

I think she gets validation from the attention. Good or bad I think her self worth is how many retweets she gets or how many google alerts are about her.  I would say that is sad but this chick has had everything given to her and she is still fucked up.  At some point you have to think she likes the drama.  

• Love 17
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

Since when is she an advocate for immigrants and showing compassion for them?  Here she goes again with her rant without providing any suggestions.  (Lol at Whoopi’s reaction. “Cool. Sunny?”)

LMAO Whoopi's reactions to Meghan are the best. At least Meghan is good for something. 

I agree with you about Meghan. Compassion my ass. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, bannana said:

She wants to blame it on the Dems, no matter what happens. After all, she never cared about kids at the border before 1/20. 

• Love 15
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

Since when is she an advocate for immigrants and showing compassion for them?  Here she goes again with her rant without providing any suggestions.  

John Oliver should compare what she said on screen about that a year ago to what she says now.

And why do TPTB let MeAgain go on and on ranting?  Start telling her times up and move on to the next person, muting MeAgain if she won't shut up.  That is the only way to deal with attention hogs like her.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 12