Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 3/22/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, Mar. 22 – Cynthia Erivo & Courtney B. Vance (“Genius: Aretha”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, Mar. 23 – Andy Cohen (“For Real: The Story of Reality TV”); Dr. Ayanna Howard (“Sex, Race and Robots”)

Wednesday, Mar. 24 — William Shatner (“Senior Moment”)

Thursday, Mar. 25 — “Good Morning America” co-anchor Robin Roberts (“Robin Roberts Presents: Mahalia”)

Friday, Mar. 26 — Day of Hot Topics

• Love 5
2 hours ago, falltime said:

Monday, Mar. 22 – Cynthia Erivo & Courtney B. Vance (“Genius: Aretha”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, Mar. 23 – Andy Cohen (“For Real: The Story of Reality TV”); Dr. Ayanna Howard (“Sex, Race and Robots”)

Wednesday, Mar. 24 — William Shatner (“Senior Moment”)

Thursday, Mar. 25 — “Good Morning America” co-anchor Robin Roberts (“Robin Roberts Presents: Mahalia”)

Friday, Mar. 26 — Day of Hot Topics

Looks like I can skip the guest interviews all next week. Especially Tuesday!  I will gladly skip Meganutz fawning all over Andy Cohen and letting everyone know he's her BFF.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Haleth said:

I like Courtney Vance and Robin Roberts. I can do without Andy Cohen. 

I do, too.

But I'm not eager to watch Whoopi and Sunny fawn all over them and Cynthia Erivo (and throw up the word 'amazing' every chance they get) like they did with Eddie Murphy, Arsenio Hall and Wesley Snipes a few weeks ago. They're going to call 'Genius: Aretha' an 'amazing' movie, their acting 'amazing', etc. Same with Roberts and whatever she's promoting - it's all 'amazing'.

• LOL 2
3 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

I do, too.

But I'm not eager to watch Whoopi and Sunny fawn all over them and Cynthia Erivo (and throw up the word 'amazing' every chance they get) like they did with Eddie Murphy, Arsenio Hall and Wesley Snipes a few weeks ago. They're going to call 'Genius: Aretha' an 'amazing' movie, their acting 'amazing', etc. Same with Roberts and whatever she's promoting - it's all 'amazing'.

Cynthia Erivo is a great actress though. 

• Love 6

I missed it if they said something - why isn't Meg on?  I'd lay odds if there isn't a reason given it's to avoid having to deal with the John Oliver swipe.  I can't see her admitting she was wrong and being an adult about it.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, WinnieWinkle said:

I missed it if they said something - why isn't Meg on?  I'd lay odds if there isn't a reason given it's to avoid having to deal with the John Oliver swipe.  I can't see her admitting she was wrong and being an adult about it.

They NEVER explain why someone is out. And especially for Meghan.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, WinnieWinkle said:

She ran out of janky hair extensions and cheap make-up this morning. She'll return tomorrow  after she makes a quick trip to the dollar beauty supplies store today. 😄

• LOL 16
  • Love 4

I think Jacob Soboroff being on, refuting everything Meghan has said about immigrants at the border, is the reason Meghan isn't there.  She doesn't have the brains to debate (or as she would say, filet) him.

• Love 23
38 minutes ago, Haleth said:

No Meg today. Too bad she’s not there to be schooled by Jacob Soboroff (and Ana) re the boarder situation. 

and Miami.  Its not on here yet, but i cant see Ana not saying something

• Love 5
On 3/19/2021 at 1:09 PM, falltime said:

The View ticket site doesn't have anything listed for the last week of March. I'm guessing they go on spring break that week.

tickets for what?  I missed today's show, are they going back in studio?  

Meghan sure takes a lot of time off.  Especially for someone who works an hour a day.

I was terribly disappointed in VYD today.  I lost my glasses this weekend and had to buy readers at Harris Teeter for $15.  I was looking forward to seeing how much more I could pay for them.

• LOL 13
  • Love 2

Oh man listening to Cyinthia Areivo gave me mega goosebumps!  Truly the voice of an angel

Can you imagine if she ever had any free time (right) and maybe visit a covid ward and sing a little for them. Make them feel a little better.  If anyone were unfortunately crossing over right at that moment might really think they're hearing angels, which would make the passing much more comfortable to do

• Love 5

So Joy doesn't get to give her opinion about what happened in Miami? Because...why? Instead, stoopid producer told Whoopi they had to go to break, and when they returned, the interviews with Courtney B. Vance and Cynthia Erivo.

I may just do the trial of National Geographic, because for some unknown reason, Hulu refuses to enable my closed captioning!

• Love 5

The spring break discussion was odd. The topic was kids ignoring covid restrictions but Sunny veered off into a conversation about police treatment of black vs white students. Of course that’s an important issue worth discussing too but the point was supposed to be no kids should be partying it up in Miami. 

• Love 13

If I were one of the richest women out there, I'd just cover my makeup artist's medical bills. 

ETA: I saw an article where Kylie said she's not asking fans for money, and the person its for is not her current makeup artist. She said she worked with Sam years ago, no longer has a personal relationship with him but he's the sweetest. She said she heard about his accident from her current makeup artist Ariel, and donated $5,000 to to get them from $6,000 to past their goal of $10,000. She said she posted about the fundraiser to raise awareness. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Useful 2
  • Love 11

Whoopi is out of her damned mind.

As if opening eligibility for people to get vaccinated to EVERYONE will stop the idiot teens/college aged Spring breakers from going to the beach, in Florida. First even if DeSantis did that, it doesn't automatically mean that these idiots will be able to cut in line, get an appointment and get the vaccine.

They all, all, just need to wait. But nope. Can't have that. DeSantis hasn't helped, either. And now Miami is in a state of emergency and we're likely to hear about more COVID outbreaks.

• Love 13

About Whoopie's vaccination idea: opening up eligibility to everyone is not a good solution until we have enough vaccine available to give to everyone. Even then, there's no guarantee that the people who are behaving irresponsibly now would be responsible enough to get vaccinated. 

• Love 17
33 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

About Whoopie's vaccination idea: opening up eligibility to everyone is not a good solution until we have enough vaccine available to give to everyone. 

Exactly. The rollout is different in every state. Availability, demographics, and interest determine how fast younger and younger people can register. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 8

Today's VYD was the worst of the bunch in a very long time. What doesn't help is the fact that Gretta Monaghan has to read from her index cards on every product. How hard is it to memorize the key points of every product* and highlight them in her descriptions? Then she feigns enthusiasm over every product, pretending her home is 'filled' with each product, as she needs help with her index cards describing it ? Talk about fake and phony.

* Disclaimer: I owned my own retail store for 24 years, carrying many of the same type of items on the show. It didn't take long for me and my staff to read up on each product (just on the labels or prom ads!), memorize the key notes and sell the product to the customer. If we had to read off index cards about every product when customers came in, I'd never sell a thing.

6 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

So Joy doesn't get to give her opinion about what happened in Miami? Because...why? Instead, stoopid producer told Whoopi they had to go to break, and when they returned, the interviews with Courtney B. Vance and Cynthia Erivo.

I may just do the trial of National Geographic, because for some unknown reason, Hulu refuses to enable my closed captioning!

They didn't even cut to the celebrity interview  -  they went straight to Kardashian's make-up artist topic! I mean talk about insulting to Joy. Maybe the Kardashian discussion was a nod to viewers of 'The Talk' since that show's on an indefinite hiatus? Maybe they're trying to attract that audience ?

• Love 3
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

As if opening eligibility for people to get vaccinated to EVERYONE will stop the idiot teens/college aged Spring breakers from going to the beach, in Florida. First even if DeSantis did that, it doesn't automatically mean that these idiots will be able to cut in line, get an appointment and get the vaccine.

They all, all, just need to wait. But nope. Can't have that. DeSantis hasn't helped, either. And now Miami is in a state of emergency and we're likely to hear about more COVID outbreaks.

Whoopi is a Moron. 

There are too many people already eligible who aren't able to get shots, no matter how long they've tried, what lists they've signed up for, how many drug store websites they visit, etc. 

And Whoopi wants to open it up to idiots who are deliberately increasing their exposure. 

It must be nice to be Whoopi Goldberg and be first in line, so you can so blithely recommend other people get bumped up. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I agree.  Whoopi needs to take note of all the anti-mask/ anti- vaccine demonstrations going on across the nation.  Not everyone WANTS a vaccine.  the spring break crowd was from all over, and even if eligible and willing, could make an appointment for sometime AFTER spring break.  

I've heard from people who register, and are given an appointment at a location nearly an hour's drive away. 

58 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Exactly. The rollout is different in every state. Availability, demographics, and interest determine how fast younger and younger people can register. 

Yep, and in Chicago, for example,  the first doses were delivered to a hospital in a minority, low-income area, since that population was most at risk.  The hospital executives took it upon themselves to provide vaccinations to members of their own suburban church, a high end business they frequented, and some for political favors.  Even when there's a clear plan for who is eligible to get vaccinated, there is a breakdown between the plan and the execution. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ForumLou said:
8 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

tickets for what?  I missed today's show, are they going back in studio?  

Not in studio. I think its to be part of the virtual audience

Yes, tickets for the virtual audience.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, KittyQ said:

About Whoopie's vaccination idea: opening up eligibility to everyone is not a good solution until we have enough vaccine available to give to everyone. Even then, there's no guarantee that the people who are behaving irresponsibly now would be responsible enough to get vaccinated. 

Exactly! Whoopie is so ignorant at times and she speaks with so much authority and it just gets on my nerves. People might get even more irresponsible if they believe that being vaccinated makes them invulnerable and invincible. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 12

That border interview inched pretty close to propaganda. I know people are loathe to criticize the current administration because it is objectively better than the prior one, but it is okay to criticize them. Especially given that The View falls into the purview of ABC news.

Edited by DB in CMH
  • Love 7

My reaction when I turned on the episode just now (On Demand, for some reason my DVR has skipped recording it a couple of times in the past few days), when I saw that Ana was there and The Princess wasn't????

33e2daf8dc404f5b490679fcc31a793e.gif

• LOL 8
  • Love 7
20 hours ago, Haleth said:

The spring break discussion was odd. The topic was kids ignoring covid restrictions but Sunny veered off into a conversation about police treatment of black vs white students. Of course that’s an important issue worth discussing too but the point was supposed to be no kids should be partying it up in Miami. 

Sunny's talking points on just about every topic lately has been 'people of color'. As you pointed out, this discussion had to deal with ALL college students, not a particular race, gender or religion of the students. I think if Meganutz was there, she may have called her out on it.

• Love 7
15 hours ago, DB in CMH said:

That border interview inched pretty close to propaganda. I know people are loathe to criticize the current administration because it is objectively better than the prior one, but it is okay to criticize them. Especially given that The View falls into the purview of ABC news.

They did criticize the current administration though? They talked about cameras / journalists being blocked and how that goes against Biden's promises of transparency, and then they talked about how horrifying the images are. I didn't think it was that glowing although they pointed out the things that have changed as well (no children being purposely separated from their parents, no dog cages, etc.), and I was glad they were at least able to talk about it without someone there looking for a headline throughout the interview.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 12
Just now, Haleth said:

Meghan must have had a talking to yesterday because she’s actually more likable today. Smiling and joining in the fun talk about donuts.  

This happens ALL THE TIME. Give it a day or two, and she'll revert back to form. As she always does.

• Love 23

You know you are a miserable, garbage person when you have to be asked and/or reminded to smile and be nice to your co-workers for an hour a day.  And then only be able to maintain it for a day or two before reverting back to your miserable self. 

Edited by Cementhead
toned down the harshness lol
  • Love 19

How does Whoopie not understand that there is  not enough vaccine for everyone to have one immediately and that there has to be some organized plan for distribution?   She sounds like she thinks people should be stationed in every neighborhood giving people shots like those people who used to stand at the bottom of escalators in malls spraying perfume on everyone as they got off the escalator.

Oh yeah!  Creepy egomaniac Andy Cohen.

Edited by Axie
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, Axie said:

How does Whoopie not understand that there is  not enough vaccine for everyone to have one immediately and that there has to be some organized plan for distribution?   She sounds like she thinks people should be stationed in every neighborhood giving people shots like those people who used to stand at the bottom of escalators in malls spraying perfume on everyone as they got off the escalator.

Oh yeah!  Creepy egomaniac Andy Cohen.

Whoppi has a very warped/limited view of society.

I think that's why she actually works on the panel. She reminds me a lot of my aunts.  She is the "common voice" of a good deal of The View's audience. 

Edited by DB in CMH
  • Love 6

How does Whoopie not understand that there is  not enough vaccine for everyone to have one immediately and that there has to be some organized plan for distribution?   

Also, does she think that getting the vaccine after potential exposure (like the kids on spring break) will somehow prevent transmission to more vulnerable people? The vaccine is preventive, not a treatment for infection, but today she said that it would be good if the spring breakers could get the vaccine when they return home. Do the producers provide material for the panel to read before they go on?

• Love 4

MM may have been a better mood, but she still had to do her us vs them arguments regarding guns.  She thinks only people with guns can have a discussion with her on gun rights?   What she doesn't seem to realize is that most gun owning Americans are more like Whoopi than her.   The majority of gun owners do not live in isolated areas and are not hunters.  They are regular people of all political persuasions, most of who think there should be some limits on gun ownership.   

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Axie said:

How does Whoopie not understand that there is  not enough vaccine for everyone to have one immediately and that there has to be some organized plan for distribution?  

I liked the states doing eligibility gradually.  My state did it by age and ended with 50 and older till they opened it up to everyone over the age of 16. So now my 30something co worker has an appt this Friday and my 50something cousin with an auto immune disease is still waiting for an appt.  Not sure how this is a better system.

25 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

Also, does she think that getting the vaccine after potential exposure (like the kids on spring break) will somehow prevent transmission to more vulnerable people? The vaccine is preventive, not a treatment for infection, but today she said that it would be good if the spring breakers could get the vaccine when they return home. Do the producers provide material for the panel to read before they go on?

Whoopi has said some stupid things before but this one ranks right up there with the stupidest.  

25 minutes ago, After7Only said:

MM may have been a better mood, but she still had to do her us vs them arguments regarding guns.  She thinks only people with guns can have a discussion with her on gun rights?   What she doesn't seem to realize is that most gun owning Americans are more like Whoopi than her.   The majority of gun owners do not live in isolated areas and are not hunters.  They are regular people of all political persuasions, most of who think there should be some limits on gun ownership.   

I have a coworker who loves guns.   He thinks gun owners should have to renew their gun licenses every few years and have to pass a safety course in order to do so.  Meghan does not represent most gun owners.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, Cementhead said:

You know you are a miserable, garbage person when you have to be asked and/or reminded to smile and be nice to your co-workers for an hour a day.  And then only be able to maintain it for a day or two before reverting back to your miserable self. 

Some folks need a cigar, bourbon, a rifle and be in Las Vegas to have a smile on their face .

• LOL 12
  • Love 1

Whoopi seems to think the vaccine is some kind of poison antidote. Just jab and you're CURED! So then everyone can partay in as big a group as you can--when Fauci himself, on this show, said no. He confirmed to Joy that those that are fully vaccinated can get together in small groups with those that are also fully vaccinated.

Moron Whoopi seems to have forgotten that aside from the supply, it's a two shot deal, unless the place also has the J&J which is a single shot--and those are going to the rural areas where the vaccine doesn't have to be stored in frozen temperatures.

I don't recall if she got the J&J or if it was Pfizer or Moderna. Because if it's the latter two, she has to get another one in the 21/28 days; though it's probably 14/21 now.

But she needs to shut up. Because that wasn't on the teleprompter, but her speaking her mind, and she did qualify with "Y'all probably don't agree with me, but..." and went on to blather her ignorance.

• Love 8

The Boulder presser took the first twenty minutes of the show. What was said that was “ghoulish”?  I imagine it was something along the lines that if toddlers had had guns in the grocery store, the killer would have been stopped sooner. 

I don’t know what Real Housewives Meghan is watching, but it’s not the ones I am. There is nothing “feminist” about wearing a Cu*nty necklace, pawing at a stripper, having diarrhea on the floor and leaving it for “the help” to clean up, etc.  

If I were seeking shows that portray feminism, I’m not really going to be inspired through the lense of a gay man. Just like I am not going to portray the experiences of a WOC as a white woman. 

I’m guilty of watching, but there’s no doubt the shows are a dumpster fire, and Andy has made a fortune off of women behaving badly. It’s laughable that Andy was upset about Gretchen’s marriage failing. He was probably googling the ratings hourly. 

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, AryasMum said:

There is nothing “feminist” about wearing a Cu*nty necklace, pawing at a stripper, having diarrhea on the floor and leaving it for “the help” to clean up, etc.  

7 minutes ago, AryasMum said:

Andy has made a fortune off of women behaving badly.

I see Meghan has drunk Andy Cohen's Kool-Aid.  One of the best moments of AC's WWHL was when feminist icon Gloria Steinem was on and vehemently disagreed with AC, and said that these shows are not feminist in any way shape or form, these forms of entertainment, in fact, have hurt women.  AC has made a fortune of appealing to the lowest common denominator, now he's trying to put pearls on a pig.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17