Type keyword(s) to search

S09E07: In My Bubble

druzy
  • Start Topic

After discovering that a staff member at Nova's old daycare is a sex offender, Catelynn and Tyler decide to talk to Nova about protecting herself. (How about doing your research before choosing a daycare?)

Amber restarts her online clothing store. (🤣)

Maci and Taylor talk to Bentley about safe sex. (As if airing Bentley's therapy sessions weren't enough to embarrass the kid)  

Mackenzie struggles starting her new job in Florida and taking care of the kids without Josh. (Oh well) 

Airs Tuesday March 9, 2021

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Just when I thought Maci couldn't stoop any lower as a mother and human being, yet another one of underage, totally powerless Bentley’s rights to basic privacy bites the dust.  “We get to have this on camera forever.”  Yeah, bitch, I guess you do.  I wanted to sink through the floor when I had to sit with a dozen or so of my same-sex classmates and learn about sex.  Bentley gets to do it -and so much more- on national television.  I cannot stand her.

As for Amber, imagine if she had to actually have a real job and support herself in addition to her career “spreading body positivity.”  Ditto for Mackenzie, who exercises on social media.  And Catelynn, who does literally nothing but play all day long.  These girls are going to be astounded by the demands of real life when the MTV gravy train pulls out of the station.  My 25-year-old inner self is too tired from working her ass off all day to even laugh as I watch this show. 

Edited by Suzy Rhapsody
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12

Someone said that Amber is trying her hardest to imitate  the mom from Beetlejuice  with her swatches and now I can't unsee it! 

Poor Bentley. The sex talk especially the mechanics of it has to be addressed especially if he is going to a religious school but not on TV. 

Was that a rare moment of Ryan not being high as a kite? I don't think we've seen him this animated and engaged in years!

Ryder continues to be so adorable.

Edited by FlowerofCarnage
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

Omg poor Nova. She must be so confused after every "conversation " with C&T. Tyler did an absolutely horrible job trying to explain personal space. She doesn't even listen or pay attention.

• Love 13

Why on earth does Amber need a manager?

I hope that Maci is signing all of her checks over to Bentley, as he is doing *all* of the heavy lifting! Also, *he* was the one who really deserved a beer during that convo !

Nova had no fucking  clue what her parents were talking about.  Girl, same!

thank god  for the palate cleanser that is Cheyenne & her beautiful rich everyone she knows, bringing their table to the beach for a daylight candlelit picnic!

Isn’t it so shocking that when you bring kids under five to work with you they don’t sit quietly?  No, Mackenzie, it is NOT! 

• Love 12
10 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

My question is, Why is sex being taught in Bible classes?

He must go to a Catholic school, my kids do too- they teach the body stuff with the Bible, with lessons like, treat your body with respect because god made you and he wants you to cherish yourself blah blah.  It’s actually nice and they do get into the whole p in the v info so parents can wait for school to teach it or say something before.  
I guess she wanted to say something to him before he learned it at school which is good except for the fact that she FUCKING PUT IT ON TV!  

• Love 8

Maci's Big Pile O'Crap seems to have gone down considerably in height this week but still remains. A casual glance at the backgrounds of those excruciating birds and bee convo scenes suggest the Big Pile O'Crap has mostly just redistributed itself to a bunch of counter clutter.    However, on her way out the door we can see an enormous pile of laundry - spilling out of a basket on top of the machine.   There is even a sign that says "laundry" to entrance of that little room just in case you miss it.   If they had shut the door we would have missed it, ha!   Not sure why Taylor is always just sitting around in the scraggly beard instead of tackling that laundry pile but I'm guessing he's grown used to it.   Ironically, their garage seemed to be the most picked up space.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 6

Wow, good thing Bentley didn't hear about sex from his middle school classmates!  He might have just gotten the bare mechanics like "A penis goes into the vagina" while brushing off how the sperm comes out, where the baby grows and exits, etc.  That sex can be more than intercourse.    Oh, wait.....  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 5

All of Amber's paid consultants should be ashamed of themselves for pumping that much sunshine up her ass.  They did everything but tell her she'll soon be nominated for the Nobel Prize.  She isn't the next Kate Spade, and the last thing this World needs is more t-shirts with stuff written across the front.  Her boutique tanked for a reason.  Don't encourage her to waste even more money trying to resurrect it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
20 minutes ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

All of Amber's paid consultants should be ashamed of themselves for pumping that much sunshine up her ass.  They did everything but tell her she'll soon be nominated for the Nobel Prize.  She isn't the next Kate Spade, and the last thing this World needs is more t-shirts with stuff written across the front.  Her boutique tanked for a reason.  Don't encourage her to waste even more money trying to resurrect it.

I agree, but I encourage her to waste all of her money, so she will have nothing.  That is how much I hate her.

She thinks BEFOREverhaute is going to send her kids to college???  HAHAHA

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
16 hours ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Just when I thought Maci couldn't stoop any lower as a mother and human being, yet another one of underage, totally powerless Bentley’s rights to basic privacy bites the dust.  “We get to have this on camera forever.”  Yeah, bitch, I guess you do.  I wanted to sink through the floor when I had to sit with a dozen or so of my same-sex classmates and learn about sex.  Bentley gets to do it -and so much more- on national television.  I cannot stand her.

As for Amber, imagine if she had to actually have a real job and support herself in addition to her career “spreading body positivity.”  Ditto for Mackenzie, who exercises on social media.  And Catelynn, who does literally nothing but play all day long.  These girls are going to be astounded by the demands of real life when the MTV gravy train pulls out of the station.  My 25-year-old inner self is too tired from working her ass off all day to even laugh as I watch this show. 

I have been saying this for a few years...these "girls" are pushing 30 and have never held a real 9-5 job. Unlike so many people who have been hit hard by COVID and have lost their jobs and have to wait in food bank lines to feed their families, these "girls" are just having "birthday weekends", playing around with the idea of starting a businesses or "restarting" a business or just hanging around the house with their unemployed husbands manufacturing issues to play out on TV. You wouldn't even know there was a pandemic watching this show...with the exception of Cheyenne's doctor visit and the protocols that the practice put in place that kept Zach from being in the office with her. These girls and their spouses, boyfriends seem to be living in a parallel universe from the rest of us. They are in for a rude awakening when this ends.

4 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

He must go to a Catholic school, my kids do too- they teach the body stuff with the Bible, with lessons like, treat your body with respect because god made you and he wants you to cherish yourself blah blah.  It’s actually nice and they do get into the whole p in the v info so parents can wait for school to teach it or say something before.  
I guess she wanted to say something to him before he learned it at school which is good except for the fact that she FUCKING PUT IT ON TV!  

Or a Christian school...I don't think Maci is Catholic. There are probably a lot of private Christian schools in their area.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Cosmocrush said:

Maci's Big Pile O'Crap seems to have gone down considerably in height this week but still remains. A casual glance at the backgrounds of those excruciating birds and bee convo scenes suggest the Big Pile O'Crap has mostly just redistributed itself to a bunch of counter clutter.    However, on her way out the door we can see an enormous pile of laundry - spilling out of a basket on top of the machine.   There is even a sign that says "laundry" to entrance of that little room just in case you miss it.   If they had shut the door we would have missed it, ha!   Not sure why Taylor is always just sitting around in the scraggly beard instead of tackling that laundry pile but I'm guessing he's grown used to it.   Ironically, their garage seemed to be the most picked up space.  

Right??? OMG!!!! They have this big beautiful home and yet it looks like 30 year old double wide parked in some vacant lot outside of town. What a cluster mess...this is just pure laziness. Since the two of them don't have full time jobs and I think they don't even own the TTM business anymore, what the hell do they do all day??? She could at least clean up her paper messes that clutter up every counter or table top and Taylor could do the laundry. Good grief! And I agree about Taylor's scraggly hobo beard...he got a nice haircut but kept the untrimmed bird's nest on his face...he should have skipped the barbershop appointment and done the laundry instead.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

Her "vision"...her "creative side"...OMG! Now she's a business woman...with no training or post high school education in business or design. What kind of a fairy tale world is she living in? And honestly, I blame MTV for this...they have enabled these girls to actually live this fantasy life. And where do these "managers" and consultants come from? I'm guessing from an MTV producer. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

I'm sure they'll get paid at least something, even if it fails again.  Amber said she was ready to invest more money into getting it going and I'd bet her manager fees and all the other middle-man fees are part of that investment.  They make money either way, it's just a matter of how much.  So of course they're going to encourage her, even if it's a bad idea. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
21 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Maybe Amber is going to specialize in pajamas and slutty military ware? Other than that I don’t know what is in her wheelhouse.

She wears the cheapest crap available and it looks horrible on her!

If she had a flair for cheap fashion, and wanted to show people how to get a good look for less, that would be one thing.  But she has zero fashion sense - she usually looks like my grandma dressed her.  

• Love 8

I am also on the fence about the 'bubble' conversation.  It's a great concept and I'm glad they talked to her about it, but we also have to be careful to not make little kids feel like their peers are all predators.  This is a hard one for parents.  I don't know if I'm in the minority here or not, but I don't think saying 'I want to marry you' or 'I want to give you a kiss' from one 5-year old to another 5-year old is a big deal at all, the kid probably just saw a wedding with a kiss somewhere.  This has been going on since the beginning of time.  But, you also want your kid to know they are in charge of their bodies.  So how to we show them how to set boundaries without also making them oversensitive to everything, especially at 5 or 6 when they take everything literally?  These things here are what makes parenting so hard. 

Back in the 80's I walked to and from school with other kids in the neighborhood from when I was in first or second grade.  My dad talked to me and said unless he told me in advance that someone was picking me up, to 'never get in the car with ANYONE'!  Great advice of course.  Two days later my grandma saw me walking home and pulled over to give me a ride and I refused to get in the car with her.  I said I couldn't because my dad said I couldn't get in the car with ANYONE!  She drove along side us (growing more frustrated) as we walked trying to convince me to get in.  I never did.  My dad laughed his ass off about this and had assumed I would know I could ride with my own grandmother.  But I took what he said literally.  So you have to be careful what you say to kids!

Edited by eskimo
  • LOL 12
  • Love 7
24 minutes ago, eskimo said:

I am also on the fence about the 'bubble' conversation.  It's a great concept and I'm glad they talked to her about it, but we also have to be careful to not make little kids feel like their peers are all predators.  This is a hard one for parents.  I don't know if I'm in the minority here or not, but I don't think saying 'I want to marry you' or 'I want to give you a kiss' from one 5-year old to another 5-year old is a big deal at all, the kid probably just saw a wedding with a kiss somewhere.  This has been going on since the beginning of time.  But, you also want your kid to know they are in charge of their bodies.  So how to we show them how to set boundaries without also making them oversensitive to everything, especially at 5 or 6 when they take everything literally?  These things here are what makes parenting so hard. 

Back in the 80's I walked to and from school with other kids in the neighborhood from when I was in first or second grade.  My dad talked to me and said unless he told me in advance that someone was picking me up, to 'never get in the car with ANYONE'!  Great advice of course.  Two days later my grandma saw me walking home and pulled over to give me a ride and I refused to get in the car with her.  I said I couldn't because my did said I couldn't get in the car with ANYONE!  She drove along side us (growing more frustrated) as we walked trying to convince me to get in.  I never did.  My dad laughed his ass off about this and had assumed I would know I could ride with my own grandmother.  But I took what he said literally.  So you have to be careful what you say to kids!

Lol a girl on the schoolbus proposed to my son when he was about 7. He came home all conflicted, saying he liked K but didn't feel ready to walk down the aisle yet.

• LOL 18
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

Cheyenne's daughter's name is Ryder and she often calls her RyeRye.  

When they got in the car with the ultra sound pictures she said something like "we have pics of Miss Rodeo". (Did I get the Cheyenne name wrong? She's the pregnant one isn't she?)

1 hour ago, cheewhiz said:

When they got in the car with the ultra sound pictures she said something like "we have pics of Miss Rodeo". (Did I get the Cheyenne name wrong? She's the pregnant one isn't she?)

You have the right girl.  And I did hear Zach hand the pics to Ryder and say "Miss Rodeo."   I thought he was doing a riff on Ryder (Rydy, Rye) but I would not be surprised to hear that someone named their unborn child Rodeo.   🤨

But speaking of that scene, how darling was Ryder singing/freestyling on the way home?  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 7
On 3/9/2021 at 9:27 PM, DangerousMinds said:

Maci is exploiting Bentley like this, just so she doesn’t have to work. One day he’ll see her for what she is.

It's really disgusting. Maci should be concerned that Bentley is starting adolescence with these unresolved issues with his dad, a potential genetic predisposition for addiction/mental illness, the trauma of being on MTV, alienation from his paternal grandparents, etc., etc. NOT TO MENTION his potential issues with his mom and stepdad being significant boozers (it seems) and whatever direct or indirect pressure he may feel from them to be a super helpful big brother; "successful" in ways that vindicate his mom for her teen pregnancy and other flaws; on "their side" in conflicts with his paternal family and/or online critics, etc., etc.

Instead of providing as much support as she can for all of that, Maci is actively throwing Bentley under the bus at every opportunity and even laughing about it. What's next, a "cute" storyline about Maci discovering B's nocturnal emissions on his sheets? I feel gross typing that, but it's literally the next logical step in the storyline she's building.

On 3/10/2021 at 2:04 AM, teapot said:

Nova had no fucking  clue what her parents were talking about.  Girl, same!

It's really sad. You can tell that C & T want Brandon and Teresa (among others) to see them on the show and think they're awesome parents who have totally gotten their shit together, but-- no. They're so. fucking. clueless. It's not just their ineptitude at fairly basic parenting, it's how they think they're coming off so well. I'm sure they both thought people would watch this episode and be impressed with them. But, in addition to their schtick being incomprehensible, they were lying. They said they've told Nova that only Mommy and Daddy can wash her in certain places, but she has stayed with April (at least) for days at a time and they seem to have at least a few hangers-on who have served as baby sitters, in addition to workers at her daycare and even at her school. It's not even necessary to tell your kid that only her parents can bathe her, but they have a loose grasp on what is and isn't appropriate parenting and they're used to lying to seem "together." I actually feel bad for both of them (but even worse for their kids).

20 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Her "vision"...her "creative side"...OMG! Now she's a business woman...with no training or post high school education in business or design. What kind of a fairy tale world is she living in? And honestly, I blame MTV for this...they have enabled these girls to actually live this fantasy life. And where do these "managers" and consultants come from? I'm guessing from an MTV producer. 

It was so great to see Amber realizing her creative vision and getting her business off the ground (again)! She has such a great brand focused on positivity and emotional growth and well-being! She's not just a crazy, violent layabout; she's a business woman and creative visionary!

It's so ridiculous that she seriously hopes/expects that people will react like that to her ridiculousness. Her storylines are 90% made up. She really does live in IN; she works on a reality show with MTV producers; and Leah is her bio daughter and Gary and Kristina are Leah's parents. Everything else is fake.

Edited by TheRealT
  • Love 11
On 3/9/2021 at 9:23 PM, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Maci:  "You can ask us anything."

Bentley:  "Where does the baby come out?"

Maci:  "That's a conversation for another time."

• LOL 9
  • Love 3

Does Cheyenne’s family have a lot of money?  They seem so comfortable with dropping lot of bucks on family get togethers. Is she still in the event planning business?  I winced all the way through all the luxury  when we know that COVID was going on at that time & many people were getting their food from Food Banks.  I also see  no chemistry between Zack and Chey - she’s still in love with that asshole Corey.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
On 3/10/2021 at 1:50 PM, BrownBear2012 said:

I have been saying this for a few years...these "girls" are pushing 30 and have never held a real 9-5 job. Unlike so many people who have been hit hard by COVID and have lost their jobs and have to wait in food bank lines to feed their families, these "girls" are just having "birthday weekends", playing around with the idea of starting a businesses or "restarting" a business or just hanging around the house with their unemployed husbands manufacturing issues to play out on TV. You wouldn't even know there was a pandemic watching this show...with the exception of Cheyenne's doctor visit and the protocols that the practice put in place that kept Zach from being in the office with her. These girls and their spouses, boyfriends seem to be living in a parallel universe from the rest of us. They are in for a rude awakening when this ends.

Or a Christian school...I don't think Maci is Catholic. There are probably a lot of private Christian schools in their area.

Last year, she said he was going to a private school, so it must be one of those private Christian schools.

• Love 3
On 3/11/2021 at 2:09 PM, Mothra said:

For what it's worth, it was actually when he asked how the sperm comes out of the penis that she said, "Well that's for another day."

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 3/10/2021 at 2:18 PM, MargeGunderson said:

Maybe Amber is going to specialize in pajamas and slutty military wear? Other than that I don’t know what is in her wheelhouse.

She should sell machetes! Bwahaha

or T-shirt’s with 

I’m gonna machete you 

Try my machete skillz 

I tried to kill maman wiz a machete 

Edited by iwantcookies
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

Ugh, Larry did that stupid tropey thing I hate where he pointed at Stella and said some shit about keeping a real close eye on her/locking her up when she’s a teenager, hardy har. 

Yeah, never mind all those grandsons you have who will be teenagers before Stella, Larry. Let’s make sure we only worry about the girl as a teen. *eyeroll*

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
On 3/10/2021 at 1:10 PM, BrownBear2012 said:

She reminds me of Audrey Roloff who consults with 'her team'!  

Dumb clucks living on the TLC paycheck!

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Love 4
On 3/12/2021 at 8:32 PM, abracadabra said:

For what it's worth, it was actually when he asked how the sperm comes out of the penis that she said, "Well that's for another day."

Ugh...I was so embarassed for Bentley. Do these two have any idea what kind of shit this kid is going to go through for having this broadcast on TV? They have no storyline this season now that their business is kaput and the Ryan storyline is basically just him sitting on couch with his dog. Whose idea was it to have the sex talk filmed? They really don't seem to care how much they expose an 11 year old boy's private issues and life. 

• Love 4
On 3/11/2021 at 1:09 PM, Mothra said:

That was so weird. And Bentley has 5 younger siblings and is 11 years old. Did he really not know? I understood the basic mechanics of sex and reproduction by the time I was 6 because of my younger brother being born. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

That was so weird. And Bentley has 5 younger siblings and is 11 years old. Did he really not know? I understood the basic mechanics of sex and reproduction by the time I was 6 because of my younger brother being born. 

It would have been so simple for Maci to say "the baby comes out through the woman's vagina."  If that is all Bentley wanted to know--and I think it was--that part of the conversation would have ended right there.  It's probably something he's been wondering about, maybe something he and his friends have speculated about.  I understand that it's important not to give kids more information than they're asking for, but for Pete's sake, that was a straightforward question that has a straightforward answer.

I wonder what Maci thought the answer would be?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Mothra said:

It would have been so simple for Maci to say "the baby comes out through the woman's vagina."  If that is all Bentley wanted to know--and I think it was--that part of the conversation would have ended right there.  It's probably something he's been wondering about, maybe something he and his friends have speculated about.  I understand that it's important not to give kids more information than they're asking for, but for Pete's sake, that was a straightforward question that has a straightforward answer.

I wonder what Maci thought the answer would be?

There was a part of me that wondered if Bentley is just trolling Maci at this point. The entire talk was geared toward a young kid. Not an 11 or 12 year old who has watched both his parents marry and have kids with other people. I’m sure he’s past the basic mechanics of sex and needs more of a “be safe, be respectful, don’t ask anyone to do anything they don’t want to do, don’t do anything you don’t want to do, wait until you understand what you’re doing” kind of talk. Maybe he just asked the question to embarrass her and make his mom say penis or vagina on camera.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3

Not to be too crass but he's 11/12 years old and his voice is already changing so it's likely that the sperm is already coming out of the penis. I think Bentley was in on and having a little fun with that conversation.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

The sex talk reminded me of my awkward one with my daughter when she asked me about it when she was pretty young -- I think 8 or 9. I gave her the "when two people are in love" spiel and skirted the graphic mechanics at first. I figured if she was still curious she's ask me more questions. Instead, she said kind of under her breath, "Wow. Gramma and Grampa must love each other A LOT." I'm one of seven kids, lol. 

• LOL 8

Both of the conversations had this week were so flimsy and trying so hard for a storyline.    I believe my son and daughter have the same spacing of age as Bentley and Jade.  When my son was 7 and I was pregnant we got him 2 books.  One a cartoon book and then another more scientific book.  We had a very nonchalant, casual conversation and it was very honest and not inappropriate.   It was not awkward at all and he was not left with additional questions.  

Tyler and Cate were trying way too hard.  These conversations can easily be woven into every day life.  During bath time or when changing clothes.  Unfortunately, most children that are sexually assaulted are abused by a trusted adult or family member.  So really, the innocent boy asking Nova to marry him is not the one they need to warn her about, it's a good concept for them to teach her that boys need to treat her appropriately.  You could just see them eyeing the camera "oh what!!!  a boy talked to you?!  okay, we happen to have the cameras right here......"

Amber is so bored.  Trying to make a rental property out of Gary's land, trying to make a business out of his garden bounty.   Those didn't pan out so she has to call her manager.  LOL!!!   They compare Amber's business venture to a tech company making billons.  Sometimes you don't need any degree, just have to be super intelligent.  Ummmm it's Amber Portwood.

• Love 6