Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Nookie Mistake

• Start Topic

Deckhand Jean-Luc tries to rebound after losing two guests, but his inability to sleep in his undersized bunk interferes with his work and his attitude. When the dust settles, the crew gives the guests a lot to mullet over as they pull together a rip-roarin’ 80s rock party. A confrontation about pita bread between Chef Natasha and Chief Stew Daisy doesn’t add up. Captain Glenn pushes the boat hard during a lively sail as primary charter guest Nikki’s father blesses the group with favorable winds. The crew goes absolutely wild during their first night off, and First Mate Gary makes a drunken decision that could have dire consequences for the deck team.

Airdate: 03.08.2021

A confrontation about pita bread between Chef Natasha and Chief Stew Daisy doesn’t add up. - siiiiiiiigh.  Sounds enthralling.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
45 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

A confrontation about pita bread between Chef Natasha and Chief Stew Daisy doesn’t add up

Let me guess. One of them assumed the pitas would be cut in half to make pockets, so when the other said we need 10 pita breads, she only got five!!!

• LOL 4

JL can't catch a break!  The guests go off the reservation, his covers get hidden and his bunk is only 6' 1".

He seems pretty good if he drank a whole bottle of JD.

He'll outdrink you Natasha, go make some more bread.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I would have a hard time acting attracted to any of the men on the boat, none of them do it for me.  Not enough booze on that boat to change my mind.

I find Colin attractive.  He did say he has a girlfriend back on the his boat and he seems like he will be faithful.

• Love 19
9 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

He did say he has a girlfriend back on the his boat and he seems like he will be faithful.

That's very smart of him.  I'm going to enjoy him messing with Gary's dim brain some more.  He seems to have a good read on everybody.

• Love 17
10 hours ago, pieinmyeye said:

And High School Yachties sails on.........

Nailed it.    Watching their free evening on the yacht was like spring break in Florida in the 80s.   

I must be old because I cannot understand why anyone working on a yacht would think it's a great idea to drink with your coworkers to the point of an inability to stand and/or to hook up with your coworkers.    Is one or both a requirement for the job?  Is it a question on the job application? 

Jean-Luc seems like a nice enough guy with bad taste in tattoos who needs to learn moderation in his drinking game.   As neither Gary nor Glenn were yet asleep, it wasn't that big a deal in my book to ask where the covers were (although you really should knock on the door first IMO)  It's not like JL woke anyone up to bring up job performance or something like that, GARY.    I cannot imagine having to sleep in a bunk that is eight inches shorter than you are so while I get that he may not want to sleep with the captain, suck it up, JL!  (And Glenn appears to be a very easygoing captain so it doesn't seem like it would be that much punishment.)  I'll give Gary credit (it may be the only credit he gets this season at the rate we're going) in that he actually measured JL's bunk and his own and offered his longer bunk to JL.   

Speaking of Gary, Gary says he can't wait to blow off steam -- after ONE CRUISE that lasted what?  Two days?  Give me a break.   The most taxing thing he seems to have done was to read off that ridiculous to-do list to JL.  And snarking on JL with Sydney is tacky and unprofessional -- hmm, two words that describe Gary.  (And yet another requirement on the job application apparently is if you are a supervisor, you must bitch about one particular coworker with other coworkers.)  So it appears that Gary was horn dogging after Ally but settled for Sydney.  I'm sure this will end well!

Sydney tells us that drunken Sydney just wants a body next to her -- I'm sure her boatie parents will be proud of their naked boat baby.  Nothing says job security like screwing your boss, Syd!   Worse (I know, hard to imagine) she and Gary start fooling around on the deck, in front of their coworkers.   This can only go two ways:  Sydney gets preferential treatment because she and Gary have gotten naked together, making life worse for JL or (more likely) Gary will treat her like shit/ignore her while he goes after Ally, leaving Sydney to cry and wonder what happened to their great love.  Oh boy!  Can't wait!  (said with sarcasm.) 

So Ally is going to see this and still want to knock boots with Gary?  I clearly gave her too much credit last week when I thought she didn't seem bad.  

Daisy and Natasha are going to butt heads?  Okay.  Got it.   Daisy is pissed about Gary and Sydney using the guest cabin without permission?  Hmmm, sounds so familiar.  

With the exception of Colin and Glenn, everyone on board is looking to get laid but too stupid to realize they should take it off the boat. 

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

With the exception of Colin and Glenn, everyone on board is looking to get laid but too stupid to realize they should take it off the boat.

These boats somehow only end up with overdosed testosterone weirdos on them.  Even non-(yet)-cheating boy seems creepy.  I guess that's part of the entertainment, but somehow it's just more tiresome this time than normal.  Not sure why yet.

• Love 4

I truly cannot tell the women apart (other than Natasha). There are 4 skinny blondes with unhealthy hair. I noticed  the difference in chest sizes in the hot tub scene, but don't care enough at this point to match the breasts to the blonde to the job.

• LOL 14
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, TeapotWakeen said:

I truly cannot tell the women apart (other than Natasha). There are 4 skinny blondes with unhealthy hair. I noticed  the difference in chest sizes in the hot tub scene, but don't care enough at this point to match the breasts to the blonde to the job.

I can also tell Daisy apart if she talks.  But the other 3 - nope.  No clue which is which yet.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, TexasGal said:

I can also tell Daisy apart if she talks.  But the other 3 - nope.  No clue which is which yet.

Same.  And then when they put the wigs on for 80s night it was even worse. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, TeapotWakeen said:

I’ve finally got down most of the girls, but still struggle with Dani and Allie. Dani has the black roots, which must mean that Allie is the nose ring. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

I must be old because I cannot understand why anyone working on a yacht would think it's a great idea to drink with your coworkers to the point of an inability to stand and/or to hook up with your coworkers.    Is one or both a requirement for the job?  Is it a question on the job application? 

It's definitely a part of the job, which is cast member on a Bravo reality show.

Specifically, everyone goes out drinking together, whether they'd want to socialize with each other or not.

They probably cast single people or people with shaky relationships in the past to try to see if they will hook up.  Add booze and if not hookups, there will be arguments or fights.

The women were expressing self-consciousness about their bodies but they probably had no choice but to parade themselves in swimsuits.

They're stuck on yacht and they have catering and they're suppose to socialize.  No dance floor so of course they must get in the hot tub.  The current season of The Challenge, they can't go out either because of the pandemic so they still dress up to a little bar area they put together on the dorms they set up.

Looks like there will be a covid scare again, just like in the recently completed season of BD.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I would have a hard time acting attracted to any of the men on the boat, none of them do it for me.  Not enough booze on that boat to change my mind.

The ladies aren't all that either, especially Ms 'I am the best looking girl on the boat'. Dani is gorgeous but the other ladies, meh.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

I cannot imagine having to sleep in a bunk that is eight inches shorter than you are so while I get that he may not want to sleep with the captain, suck it up, JL!  (And Glenn appears to be a very easygoing captain so it doesn't seem like it would be that much punishment.) 

I agree! Picard is being given an out from his unfortunate sleeping problems, so why not take it? What's worse: not sleeping at all every night, or bunking with the captain, who seems like a decent guy? Picard seems like an idiot. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Jsage said:

I think Gary deserves a lot of the blame for any nighttime screw ups by Jean Luc. A green deckhand like Jean Luc should be working during the day when he can easily ask questions and be trained to do things right. Having him on nights by himself is just setting him up for failure and adding to the work that the other deckhands have to do in the morning to pick up the slack. 

Is it typical for the anchor watcher to have hours worth of chores?  Last season they sat in the captain’s chair and stared at the monitors. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 21

Well, they already ruined the formula. 

First season there was a long-term couple, lots of overt flirting (Paget/Georgia), Madison flirting but not ending up with Parker, and Jenna & Adam who were annoying AF but did form an actual relationship of sorts. 

Second season? Instant sleazy reality show, everyone hooking up with everyone else right out of the gate. No flirting, no suspense, no romantic feelings. Right to orgies in the hot tub. 🙄  I had been looking forward to more Sailing Yacht but this was just cheesy as hell. 

And Gary’s hair looks like a wig and I don’t find him remotely attractive. 

What a stupid show...

Edited by Sage47
  • Love 16
43 minutes ago, Sage47 said:

Second season? Instant sleazy reality show, everyone hooking up with everyone else right out of the gate. No flirting, no suspense, no romantic feelings. Right to orgies in the hot tub. 🙄  I had been looking forward to more Sailing Yacht but this was just cheesy as hell. 

Seriously, folks getting it on in every configuration possible, on the first night of partying?

• Love 11
On 3/8/2021 at 10:06 PM, PaperTree said:

JL can't catch a break!  The guests go off the reservation, his covers get hidden and his bunk is only 6' 1".

He seems pretty good if he drank a whole bottle of JD.

He'll outdrink you Natasha, go make some more bread.

Trinidadians know how to party. We party from Christmas and don't stop until the end of Carnival, which is Ash Wednesday. Don't underestimate Natasha. 

Edited by spunky
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5

Daisy seems to have it out for Natasha. I believe Natasha was offended by Daisy automatically assuming that the one woman of color on the boat was a stew and not a fellow head of department.  Which is most likely why she has her walls up with Daisy.  

Poor Jean Luc can't catch a break. He's too long for his bunk, his covers were hidden and the guests ran away. 

• Love 6
On 3/10/2021 at 12:42 PM, dleighg said:

Seriously, folks getting it on in every configuration possible, on the first night of partying?

And when Natasha said she had been celibate for five years, one of the skeevy girls-I have no idea who is who except the Irish one-so very kindly offered to have sex with her. WTF?!

Again, no flirting, no crushes, no lead up. Just, everyone take their clothes off and dry hump the nearest body. 

Paget & Ciara now seem like a throwback to a more innocent time-the olden days. 😂

Edited by Sage47
  • Love 6

I can kinda understand the fast track to sleaziness - Covid and quarantining and everything for 6-9 months leading up to whenever this was filmed. Honestly being single and living alone this past year has been rough!!! If I were young and carefree and finally got a bit of freedom again - who knows! So them having their first night with new people and alcohol and a hot tub - I get it. Will be interesting to see if it calms down a bit.   

• Love 6
3 hours ago, spunky said:

Daisy seems to have it out for Natasha. I believe Natasha was offended by Daisy automatically assuming that the one woman of color on the boat was a stew and not a fellow head of department.  

I think Daisy assumed any woman on the boat was a stew, of color or not. A female chef is still rare!

• Love 10
36 minutes ago, slaterain said:

I can kinda understand the fast track to sleaziness - Covid and quarantining and everything for 6-9 months leading up to whenever this was filmed. Honestly being single and living alone this past year has been rough!!! If I were young and carefree and finally got a bit of freedom again - who knows! So them having their first night with new people and alcohol and a hot tub - I get it. Will be interesting to see if it calms down a bit.   

Ha ha, great point. I didn’t think about this being filmed during quarantine. 😂

• Love 2

I like the chef. She's down to earth but with self-respect. She's got a good personality.  As to the pita debate, instead of saying "no way that was 20 pitas," as chief stew, you can just say "hey! I know, right?! You must've made them SO GOOD because still, they're asking for more...so can I tell them they'll be out in 10 min?" That's all! No need for back & forth IMO.

The Deckhand smooching Gary was so annoying that they kept putting towels, sheets, blankets,  anything they could find over their heads. Like- really.  Why keep hiding under something?  Just go in your cabin or quit making out! As though we all don't know what's going on!

Edited by Kdawg82
  • Love 6

I've never seen the "Sailing" version of Below Deck.  I miss the spaciousness and luxury of the big yachts.  I don't really care if the narrow halls and close quarters are made of the finest polished teak.

Sadly, this job is not really tailored for a 6'9" guy, 

• Love 7

I’ve tried to watch these episodes three times each and just can’t make myself pay attention. 

No one is attractive. No one seems interesting. They all kind of look the same. Glen is dull as dirt. And the sailing boat is not that glamorous. There is no draw at all. Blah. Another one bites the dust. Bravo is taking hard for me in its pandemic filming. Summer House is the only show that is working for me. 

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, jkitty said:

Summer House is the only show that is working for me.

what's the shtick with that one? I don't watch much Bravo stuff (no Vanderpump, no Real Housewives, etc) other than Top Chef, Project Runway and these Yacht things. I did tolerate that one set in Whistler.

So is there a one sentence description of what sort Summer House is? The Bravo site was not enlightening.

On 3/10/2021 at 4:49 PM, slaterain said:

I predict that they'll get tired of each other quickly enough, but the booze will prolong the sexual interest for a while.

• Love 3

I watched WWHL and they had a contest, something like "Who was the biggest...whatever...?" for the stews. The two guests (they were stews so maybe Alli and the other one who is not Daisy) held up pictures to answer Andy's questions and for the life of me I could NOT tell one from the others. They all could have been the pretty Brazilian whose name escapes me. Andy never said the name after the first couple of questions, so the whole thing was a waste of time. I usually don't watch WWHL but it recorded automatically, so (shrugs). 

• Love 2
On 3/11/2021 at 12:44 PM, dleighg said:

So is there a one sentence description of what sort Summer House is? The Bravo site was not enlightening.

I have never watched, those people are too vapid for me and my bar is low based on what I do watch, that is saying something.

Summer House, "Douchy guys doing douchy things, stupid girls doing stupid things and then crying about it."  Running time, too long.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
On 3/11/2021 at 5:34 PM, AnnieBananie said:

I predict that they'll get tired of each other quickly enough, but the booze will prolong the sexual interest for a while.

It’s a bunch of 20/30 somethings living in a summer share in the Hamptons. Normally it’s only on the weekend and they go back to NYC/during the week. But since this season was filmed during summer 2020 they are quarantining together. I feel like it’s the only show that doesn’t make me angry right now because at least they are actually quarantined. 

It seems like all the HoWives shows are just pretending COVID isn’t real, with lots of maskless parties, trips and in-home hugs and visits. This BD Sailing is even worse to me. Just because Croatia decided to ignore COVID doesn’t make it right for Bravo to take advantage of that. I dunno...after a year with lots of loss and sacrifice it’s hard to get amped for a bunch of wannabe-rich people and mediocre/looking famewhores acting like fools on a boat. I’m just tired and depressed but Bravo is really letting me down by trying to just film as usual. This was a chance to get creative and do something new and interesting instead of spitting in the faces of 500K+ deceased and their loved ones. 

• Love 2

This season isn't doing it for me, either. Captain Glen is boring, Gary is gross, and I couldn't pick the stews out of a lineup. I've watched these first three episodes and every single week I've started to watch them again because I have completely forgotten everything that "happened." The chef is the only one who is remotely interesting.

• Love 5

This show is already turning into another "The Real World" or whatever the latest show like that is. Cast a bunch of indistinguishable young idiots, pretty much throw away the premise of watching them run the yacht and just do an hour of them drinking and fucking, talking about drinking and fucking, regretting drinking and fucking, etc.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I agree, I think the sailing franchise is dead in the water.  Last season's cast was unlikeable and the casting people have outdone themselves with the mediocrity that is this season.  I kind of like Captain Glenn- he pitches in where needed and seems to be a really pleasant and easy-going guy - but when he is surrounded by a train wreck he doesn't have much to work with.  Not to mention that the guests are just jerks.

• Love 7