Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E11: Three's A Party

renatae
  • Start Topic

17 hours ago, mamadrama said:

My teen son watches this with me sometimes. We've always been honest about sex conversations with him, especially since he's entering the age where some teens start becoming sexually active. Not wanting him to get confused by Brandon's ignorance, when Brandon said that I paused it and told him, "If he's complaining that sex isn't as fun with a condom then homeboy's not doing sex right." My son nodded and said, "Especially with Julia! I'd wear full on body armor if I had to. She's hot."

God, I hope we don't end up on I Married a Mama's Boy.

Good for you for having, what I can assume, is appropriate conversations around this matter.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

But why would he call her from the girls house half stoned in his underwear?  That just doesn't seem like something a guy would do if he cheated. 

OK, so from what I got from Natalie's call to her zoom therapist is that she knew he was going to this friend's wedding....called him the morning of to just say hi, or their normal schedule call, and he answered.....He didn't reach out to her, I am thinking it was reflex, the phone rings and half asleep/stoned he clicked connect. Probably if he were awake/not high, he would have declined the call until he could put on a shirt and go to a different room where Sara wouldn't walk by announcing she was hitting the shower. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

It may be just me, but I feel that Stephani set Ryan up with her "he STOLE my mother's ring" bit.  She handed it to him/gave it to him along with all of the watches and shoes.  Then, after she has her tantrum (and it sounded to me like they did not have sex because as soon as she talked about lube [yuck, why do we have to hear such things!] and he admitted he didn't put on the condom [glow in the dark-which may not even be effective at preventing STDs], they stopped) she immediately starts the stealing accusations.  And, the fact that he didn't take all of the shoes and watches led to her being all 'victorious' in her mind and led her to start yelling that at lwast now she has an opportunity to buy, er, I mean "find" a cabana boy...  I have no sympathy/empathy for her whatsoever.  And for her to immediately need her "good friend" Harris after 'crying' about what he did the last time they had sex, er, I mean a counseling session is just ridiculous.

I really don't think Mike and Sara had sex the night before her wedding.  And, as far as the "I'm going to take a shower" I say that to my house guests so that 1) they don't come into the bathroom while I am showering, and 2) just a heads up as to where I am.  I also expect them to tell me the same thing.  I would never interpret that as someone indicating they had sex the night before.  Natalie was so happy after speaking with whomever that was online (I don't believe it was a therapy session) because it vindicated every negative thought she had about Mike.  Natalie always sees herself as right.  Her whole "just tell me the truth" really means "just tell me I'm right."  However, Mike does need to just let her go-they are both toxic to each other.

As always, I fast-forward through Tarek and Hazel.

Jovi and his fiance-they both know who each other is and yet they have chosen to be together so I just don't care.  I think they could start entering Natalie and Mike territory and one is enough.

Brandon and Julia?  Unfortunately I am starting to agree with his parents (and I really really don't like them).

And Rebecca?  I think she just really insulted all of us who are female and are genuinely helpful people when she said that any woman who offers help just wants sex.  Nope.  I, believe it or not, have offered to help people (men and women) without any thought of having sex with them.  Rebecca is actually pretty vile as she casts dispersions on others as she isolates Zied whom she will never allow to divorce her as apparently when one marries for the fourth time THAT is the marriage that is FOREVER.

• Love 23
22 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I also wonder how the heck she remembers these things!  I mean, I can't remember a conversation, at work, from a week ago!  But then again, she feels she was wronged.  No, she KNOWS she was wronged and Mike is gonna pay!  Suppose he was inappropriate with the friend?  (I don't think he was) then what?  "Oh yeah?  LIKE WHEN YOU SLEPT WITH YOUR FRIEND AND LIED ABOUT IT?"

Per games with Brandon's parents:  I gotta say, I played a lot of board games with my parents, especially my mom,  as an adult, and especially card games.  I am sure it was set up for show, but it made me kinda miss the endless yahtzee and card games I would play with my mom.   But that is all the nice stuff I can say about those two weirdos.

Natalie remembers everything because she has nothing to do all day but wash a couple of dishes and think about all the things he done her wrong.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
50 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

I'm also bothered by older white lady buying her black boyfriend and then throwing money in his face, accusing him of stealing.  I definitely get an "ownership" vibe and it bothers me.  Then when it doesn't work out with him, she's going to dangle watches in front of the next younger black man.   

It's Ed all over again.  

Whats really gross to me though is how she has basically tricked Ryan into thinking he has some financial security and independence with his job.  I'm sure she will relish yanking that away from him when he doesn't even know that she is the one paying his salary. 

21 minutes ago, Stuckathome said:

OK, so from what I got from Natalie's call to her zoom therapist is that she knew he was going to this friend's wedding....called him the morning of to just say hi, or their normal schedule call, and he answered.....He didn't reach out to her, I am thinking it was reflex, the phone rings and half asleep/stoned he clicked connect. Probably if he were awake/not high, he would have declined the call until he could put on a shirt and go to a different room where Sara wouldn't walk by announcing she was hitting the shower. 

It's also hard for me to parse out the things Natalie says when she is unopposed (which may be half truths or lies) versus what both parties agreed happened.  

I don't think I've ever spent the night at a friend's house, a boyfriend yes, a friend, no.  When I had a friend stay with me, I never told him when I was showering, but I could have seen doing that if like we were getting ready for the day or if there was one bathroom.  It could go either way for me, but Mike saying she has to "get past it" is a tad sketch, because if I didn't do anything wrong, you don't need to get past it, you need to accept that I didn't cheat on you.  

I do agree with @Pepper Mostly that its entirely possible we haven't met Sara, because Sara won't lie.....though, if she and Mike smashed the night before her wedding she probably has just as good a reason to lie.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Boo Boo said:

I'm also bothered by older white lady buying her black boyfriend and then throwing money in his face, accusing him of stealing.  I definitely get an "ownership" vibe and it bothers me.  Then when it doesn't work out with him, she's going to dangle watches in front of the next younger black man.   

Yep, it makes me uneasy too - especially all the "Well who is gonna pay for it?" yelling that goes on.  Look, I have no issue with a transactional relationship  - just admit you are in one!   Same as Ed - another gross one on this show.

2 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I think we haven't met Sara because they did indeed smash it and she won't lie on TV for him. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. 

Interesting theory!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

It may be just me, but I feel that Stephani set Ryan up with her "he STOLE my mother's ring" bit.  She handed it to him/gave it to him along with all of the watches and shoes.  Then, after she has her tantrum (and it sounded to me like they did not have sex because as soon as she talked about lube [yuck, why do we have to hear such things!] and he admitted he didn't put on the condom [glow in the dark-which may not even be effective at preventing STDs], they stopped) she immediately starts the stealing accusations.  And, the fact that he didn't take all of the shoes and watches led to her being all 'victorious' in her mind and led her to start yelling that at lwast now she has an opportunity to buy, er, I mean "find" a cabana boy...  I have no sympathy/empathy for her whatsoever.  And for her to immediately need her "good friend" Harris after 'crying' about what he did the last time they had sex, er, I mean a counseling session is just ridiculous.

I really don't think Mike and Sara had sex the night before her wedding.  And, as far as the "I'm going to take a shower" I say that to my house guests so that 1) they don't come into the bathroom while I am showering, and 2) just a heads up as to where I am.  I also expect them to tell me the same thing.  I would never interpret that as someone indicating they had sex the night before.  Natalie was so happy after speaking with whomever that was online (I don't believe it was a therapy session) because it vindicated every negative thought she had about Mike.  Natalie always sees herself as right.  Her whole "just tell me the truth" really means "just tell me I'm right."  However, Mike does need to just let her go-they are both toxic to each other.

As always, I fast-forward through Tarek and Hazel.

Jovi and his fiance-they both know who each other is and yet they have chosen to be together so I just don't care.  I think they could start entering Natalie and Mike territory and one is enough.

Brandon and Julia?  Unfortunately I am starting to agree with his parents (and I really really don't like them).

And Rebecca?  I think she just really insulted all of us who are female and are genuinely helpful people when she said that any woman who offers help just wants sex.  Nope.  I, believe it or not, have offered to help people (men and women) without any thought of having sex with them.  Rebecca is actually pretty vile as she casts dispersions on others as she isolates Zied whom she will never allow to divorce her as apparently when one marries for the fourth time THAT is the marriage that is FOREVER.

Neither Ryan nor Harris has the TIME for the watch lady 🙂

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

As always, I fast-forward through Tarek and Hazel

I am bored to tears with these two!  You would think a bisexual woman moving to the U.S. to marry her fiance AND find a girlfriend to throw in the mix would be interesting but NO Hazel has the personality of a damn chair (UGH she is so frigging boring) and I just don't care at all about Tarek.  At least with the other couples, as vile as they are, there drama keeps the story lines moving but holy crap NOTHING happens with these 2.

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, Dirtybubble said:

I am bored to tears with these two!  You would think a bisexual woman moving to the U.S. to marry her fiance AND find a girlfriend to throw in the mix would be interesting but NO Hazel has the personality of a damn chair (UGH she is so frigging boring) and I just don't care at all about Tarek.  At least with the other couples, as vile as they are, there drama keeps the story lines moving but holy crap NOTHING happens with these 2.

"My son Harrey........has a fever...........................................and I miss him.........................................................they have no money for orange juice................................................yet I left him to be with Tarilk*.........................................................................................and now I want a girlfriend.................................................................................I am missing my son.................................................................................

*= I would say the same thing about a guy leaving his kid to chase tail.  Cuts both ways.

I do not see what they see in each other  - maybe it is better they are together and off the market.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

Yes, Stephanie is as foul or worse than Big Ed. Ed constantly went on and on about trying to figure out whether Rose really loved him or just wanted a green card.....he bought her icky gifts and made nasty comments about her hygiene. But I don't remember him dangling actual $$$ in front of her face the way Stephanie is with Ryan. 

Predicting she and Ryan are NOT over.....because it is covid and his pickings for finding another sugar momma are slim. It is disgusting but she has all the control with the support she has been sending his family (who I am sure will pressure him to keep stringing her along) and his salary (which he has no idea he isn't honestly earning). He will tolerate her long enough to get to the US. 

ETA: And, sweetie, when he has not proposed and you have to provide the ring to him so that he has one in case he decides to propose----he is NOT your fiance!! So stop running around calling Ryan your 27 year old fiance! He never was! 

I think we haven't met Sara because they did indeed smash it and she won't lie on TV for him. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. 

This is a great point....I mean, if I were Mike and this whole situation blew up with my fiance, the easiest thing in the world is to have Sara call her or show up at the tell all and say hey, I know it could look bad but good God, NOTHING HAPPENED. 

I mean, even if she just didnt' want to be on tv, which I totally can understand, she could have contacted Natalie off camera and explained. We have never heard that this has happened yet.....

Edited by Stuckathome
  • Love 2

While there has been plenty of advice to Natalie to “get over it” and  “move past it”,  most especially from Mike, I would submit that the same thing goes for him.  He is unable to get over the fact she threw the ring back at him, which I have no doubt cut him deeply.  It is possible, I think, that Natalie regrets that, and realizes this may have been a fatal mistake in their relationship, but now you can’t unring the bell.  So he goes ahead and brings her over here and then proceeds to act like she is dirt on his shoe.  (But I am sure he has not refused to have sex with her though).  Through his contempt and hostility I would say he has paid her back, and his constant shrugging and “I don’t know” in response to every question makes me crazy right along with Natalie.  Either get over it and move on to build a relationship, or don’t.  Or to Mike in terms he would understand, fish or cut bait.  Either both of them put the past in the past and decide to move forward, or don’t, but the cat and mouse game is a little sickening to watch, and I hope he gets his anger under control instead of disguising it with booze, because he is just as unpleasant drunk as sober.  Don’t get me wrong, Natalie has her issues, too, but Mike’s contemptuous nasty treatment of her at this point is a bridge too far for me.  

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Dirtybubble said:

I'm not even convinced dead-eyed, monotone Hazel is bisexual.

Tarik's a fame whore.  I wouldn't be surprised if he concocted this ridiculous story line just to get their boring asses back on the show for another feeding from the  TLC trough.

When their segments come on, I do something productive....like go refill my wine glass and play with my little dog.    

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
20 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

Mike is a damn asshat!  His passive/aggressive behavior is just pissing me off.  Natalie is no saint but when she tells Mike she is still insecure about a previous issue and she needs help getting past it his solution is to throw his hands in the air and say it's her problem and it's her fault she keeps bringing it up FUCK THAT!  The guy is fucking douche. 

Rebecca looked straight up psycho when she told Zied that he was NOT going to divorce her. 

I'm convinced that Rebecca is looking for a guarantee from Zied that Future!Zied will not want children.  Then, one day when he realizes that he does, she can throw it back in his face.  That is the ONLY reason I can think of as to why she's pressing him this way.

• Love 7

I thought the Jenga game was symbolic of Brandon’s and Julia’s relationship. Everyone will keep picking at it until it falls apart.

Edited by Gobi
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, RealReality said:

I do agree with @Pepper Mostly that its entirely possible we haven't met Sara, because Sara won't lie.....though, if she and Mike smashed the night before her wedding she probably has just as good a reason to lie.  

I am sure TLC would have been up for a phone call even to disguise her voice for rating purposes and drama.  Sara doesn't necessarily have to show up on the tv.  I agree with you both that there might have been some hanky panky. Did they have sex? Went to second or third base? Who knows? 

1 hour ago, Stuckathome said:

Predicting she and Ryan are NOT over.....because it is covid and his pickings for finding another sugar momma are slim. It is disgusting but she has all the control with the support she has been sending his family (who I am sure will pressure him to keep stringing her along) and his salary (which he has no idea he isn't honestly earning). He will tolerate her long enough to get to the US. 

I wonder if we will see Ryan again.  I mean I would love to know what would have happened come Monday when he got to work and was told sorry you don't have a job because Stephanie was paying your salary. 

• Love 2
21 hours ago, mamadrama said:

My teen son watches this with me sometimes. We've always been honest about sex conversations with him, especially since he's entering the age where some teens start becoming sexually active. Not wanting him to get confused by Brandon's ignorance, when Brandon said that I paused it and told him, "If he's complaining that sex isn't as fun with a condom then homeboy's not doing sex right." My son nodded and said, "Especially with Julia! I'd wear full on body armor if I had to. She's hot."

God, I hope we don't end up on I Married a Mama's Boy.

Nope, you're being EXACTLY the mother he needs right now. 

My mother was very shy about talking to me about anything intimate.  She gave me books instead.  But the one thing she always stressed was that if I was going to do anything that might get me "in trouble," I needed to take precautions.  That stuck with me.

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, Kath94 said:

Nope, you're being EXACTLY the mother he needs right now. 

My mother was very shy about talking to me about anything intimate.  She gave me books instead.  But the one thing she always stressed was that if I was going to do anything that might get me "in trouble," I needed to take precautions.  That stuck with me.

Oh, my mother gave me a book, too, back in 1973 (because I'm older than dirt).  I was 12.  

It was called "Memoirs of an Ex Prom Queen."  She had briefly worked at a drug store that would occasionally tear off the covers of books that didn't sell and put them in a bin for the employees to take for free.  She thought it sounded like something I would enjoy reading.

I most assuredly did enjoy it.  I read that book 3-4 times.  

She got bored one day whilst I was at school and started reading it.  It was in the trash can when I got home.  

She had no idea it was basically a porn novel (especially by 1973 standards).  

She never brought me home another book 😂

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

Ed constantly went on and on about trying to figure out whether Rose really loved him or just wanted a green card.....he bought her icky gifts and made nasty comments about her hygiene. But I don't remember him dangling actual $$$ in front of her face the way Stephanie is with Ryan. 

That's because he was fucking cheap! and resembled a wad of phlegm.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

Oh, my mother gave me a book, too, back in 1973 (because I'm older than dirt).  I was 12.  

It was called "Memoirs of an Ex Prom Queen."  She had briefly worked at a drug store that would occasionally tear off the covers of books that didn't sell and put them in a bin for the employees to take for free.  She thought it sounded like something I would enjoy reading.

She got bored one day whilst I was at school and started reading it.  It was in the trash can when I got home.  

I bet you learned more from that book than having "the talk," lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I mean I would love to know what would have happened come Monday when he got to work and was told sorry you don't have a job because Stephanie was paying your salary. 

I don't think we will see that because she isn't done with him. His family or the producers will convince him to come crawling back, begging forgiveness and professing his true love. And she won't get to make that call to fire his ass. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

"My son Harrey........has a fever...........................................and I miss him.........................................................they have no money for orange juice................................................yet I left him to be with Tarilk*.........................................................................................and now I want a girlfriend.................................................................................I am missing my son.................................................................................

*= I would say the same thing about a guy leaving his kid to chase tail.  Cuts both ways.

I do not see what they see in each other  - maybe it is better they are together and off the market.

Ugh!  And, she was crying - actually shedding tears - supposedly for 2 or 3 days after she spoke to the stepmother.  She had to stop her elliptical workout to shed a tear.  But, she waited awhile before she called again.  

I didn't think that she saw her son that often in the first season.  I thought she missed him, then, too, because she didn't have custody.  But now they act like she has shared custody with the father.

• Love 5
On 2/22/2021 at 3:51 AM, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

Natalie is STILL hung up on Mike crashing at his lady friend's place a year ago or whatever? Assuming there were no cameras at this friend's place to prove or disprove Mike's version of events, Natalie has two options:

1. Believe Mike when he says nothing happened and move on, or 
  2. Believe Mike is lying and either forgive or dump him.

What she cannot do is bring it up again and again, each time with a viewpoint of "I KNOW you slept with her, so why are you lying to me?". All she's doing is pissing him off. Mike's passive-aggressiveness towards her is ridiculous, but his attitude on this subject (i.e. "Nothing happened. Either believe me or go fuck yourself.") is the correct one.

Mike and Natalie's "relationship" is so sick that it's utterly devoid of even snark value.  Mike is a big, dumb lummox living in a trailer who, like so many big, dumb lummoxes, think he's entitled to a Hot Foreign Babe. These gals from the former Soviet Union may get breast implants and wear sprayed-on nylon dresses, but there is a deep-seated sadness to them that these blue-collar guys can never hope to stand. (They also don't age well, either.)  I know one of these Russian emigres, and she is so much like Natalie it's scary. But that said, there is a price to having the Hot Russian Babe, and that is that you have to put up with a s#!tload of crazy. Is it really worth it, when all cats are gray in the dark?

As I understand it, Mike and Natalie weren't even together when he spent the night at his TO BE MARRIED friend's place. Natalie seems to want to own him whether she's having one of her patented snit fits or not. I don't know what Natalie wants from Mike, but she's not going to get it from him OR from living in Sequim. And honestly who would want to be with her for even an afternoon, never mind forever.

Natalie needs to realize that forgiveness is a choice. If she's going to browbeat Mike with it forever, and accuse him of lying when he says nothing happening, then there's nothing further to say here. She needs to get on a plane and go home. And Mike needs to look for someone more flannel-shirted, whose idea of a fun time is going to be axe-throwing, burgers and beer.

As for Stephanie, every time she's on she makes me happy to be not looking great for my age and not interested in another husband. She's Gloria Swanson in "Sunset Boulevard" on steroids, and quite frankly, pathetic. It's possible to pay a boytoy to have sex with you without deluding yourself that he's going to be your husband. Likewise for Rebecca, who similarly wants a Hot Young Stud but is going to spend her life wondering when he's going to trade her in for someone  younger.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
35 minutes ago, Grifter Lives said:

Ugh!  And, she was crying - actually shedding tears - supposedly for 2 or 3 days after she spoke to the stepmother.  She had to stop her elliptical workout to shed a tear.  But, she waited awhile before she called again.  

I didn't think that she saw her son that often in the first season.  I thought she missed him, then, too, because she didn't have custody.  But now they act like she has shared custody with the father.

A child with a fever strikes that much fear into you?  Okay, okay, I know it is time of Covid, but really....kids get sick all the time, they recover.  If your child getting a fever strikes that much emotion, you need to re-evaluate.  

I would be curious if shared custody is really a thing in the Philippines - do women have any rights at all?  Do they get support from the dads?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, greekmom said:

I am sure TLC would have been up for a phone call even to disguise her voice for rating purposes and drama.  Sara doesn't necessarily have to show up on the tv.  I agree with you both that there might have been some hanky panky. Did they have sex? Went to second or third base? Who knows? 

I wonder if we will see Ryan again.  I mean I would love to know what would have happened come Monday when he got to work and was told sorry you don't have a job because Stephanie was paying your salary. 

Its really a Scooby-Doo mystery to me.  

I mean, is the theory that they hooked up for the first time THE NIGHT BEFORE SHE MARRIED ANOTHER DUDE?  Or that they have had some long term affair?

If the idea is that they slept together the first time before the wedding it seems so weird to be so blase about it.  Like I'd be so freaked out and upset with myself that I'd probably lock myself in my room until my friend left.  The betrayal would have been so much worse on her end. I would be shaken to my core if I slept with my best friend the night before I married my fiance.  Am I old fashioned?

And if the theory is that this was an ongoing affair like why didn't they pursue it?  They are best friends who are attracted to each other.  They are sleeping together but never explored a relationship.  In quiet little Sequim where the pickings aren't plentiful.  It all seems odd. 

BUTTT, mikes reaction of "just get over it" is also very magnanimous if he did nothing at all. 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, brilliantbreakfast said:

Mike and Natalie's "relationship" is so sick that it's utterly devoid of even snark value.  Mike is a big, dumb lummox living in a trailer who, like so many big, dumb lummoxes, think he's entitled to a Hot Foreign Babe. These gals from the former Soviet Union may get breast implants and wear sprayed-on nylon dresses, but there is a deep-seated sadness to them that these blue-collar guys can never hope to stand. (They also don't age well, either.)  I know one of these Russian emigres, and she is so much like Natalie it's scary. But that said, there is a price to having the Hot Russian Babe, and that is that you have to put up with a s#!tload of crazy. Is it really worth it, when all cats are gray in the dark?

As I understand it, Mike and Natalie weren't even together when he spent the night at his TO BE MARRIED friend's place. Natalie seems to want to own him whether she's having one of her patented snit fits or not. I don't know what Natalie wants from Mike, but she's not going to get it from him OR from living in Sequim. And honestly who would want to be with her for even an afternoon, never mind forever.

Natalie needs to realize that forgiveness is a choice. If she's going to browbeat Mike with it forever, and accuse him of lying when he says nothing happening, then there's nothing further to say here. She needs to get on a plane and go home. And Mike needs to look for someone more flannel-shirted, whose idea of a fun time is going to be axe-throwing, burgers and beer.

As for Stephanie, every time she's on she makes me happy to be not looking great for my age and not interested in another husband. She's Gloria Swanson in "Sunset Boulevard" on steroids, and quite frankly, pathetic. It's possible to pay a boytoy to have sex with you without deluding yourself that he's going to be your husband. Likewise for Rebecca, who similarly wants a Hot Young Stud but is going to spend her life wondering when he's going to trade her in for someone  younger.

Yes, can we please talk about how badly Natalie is aging.  I thought I was the only one seeing this.  There is a marked difference.  She is gaining a little weight, which is good and fine, but hed face is looking rough.  She may be hugging the wrong trees. 

36 isn't young, but she needs a masterclass in how to hide her crazy. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, RealReality said:

She's got BIG time Manson Lamps. I feel like Mike wakes up in the middle of the night to find the lights on and this sitting about six inches from his face.

image.png.f53033908cea9d5c6d42fb4ca4aa4b43.png

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:

She's got BIG time Manson Lamps. I feel like Mike wakes up in the middle of the night to find the lights on and this sitting about six inches from his face.

image.png.f53033908cea9d5c6d42fb4ca4aa4b43.png

Dead! 💀 

Because you know that she is saying something just as crazy as those eyes.  

"Mike, I poisoned your beer.  I want to help you, but first I need you to help me....where is the ring",

• LOL 16
1 hour ago, Grifter Lives said:

50 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

A child with a fever strikes that much fear into you?  Okay, okay, I know it is time of Covid, but really....kids get sick all the time, they recover.  If your child getting a fever strikes that much emotion, you need to re-evaluate.  

I would be curious if shared custody is really a thing in the Philippines - do women have any rights at all?  Do they get support from the dads?

I got the impression the stepmother was a bit surprised by the call and didn't even say more than 1-2 words to Dead-Eyed Hazel.  If I didn't know better, I would swear stepmom Harrey couldn't wait to hand the call off to Harrey.  

I think that whole scene was contrived so Dead-Eyed Hazel could feign concern about her "sick" son. 

Poor kid probably just had a cold, but they took advantage of the opportunity to add it to their story line.  🤢

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 2/21/2021 at 6:55 PM, Silver Bells said:

Put Natalie on the plane back to Russia.  She’s a pain and always will be.  I don’t even know what she’s talking about anymore.  They are dragging this out too much.

There is no way she will ever be happy living in Sequim, Washington.  She somehow thinks getting married will solve all her problems with Michael. They are too different. She wants to change him and that will not happen.

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, Palomar said:

There is no way she will ever be happy living in Sequim, Washington.  She somehow thinks getting married will solve all her problems with Michael. They are too different. She wants to change him and that will not happen.

Her obsession with this ring makes me think she doesn't envision life beyond the wedding.  

Heck she doesn't even see life past the ring. 

• Love 10
On 2/22/2021 at 6:27 AM, lilysmom said:
On 2/22/2021 at 4:27 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

Rebecca says she is still pissed at Zied because some girl flirted with him? Zied did not flirt back, she is an asshole.  In the same breath as Rebecca berates him for the flirting done to him she says that she hopes her son sees how amazing Zied is...how amazing is Zied if Rebecca is constantly complaining about him?

Rebecca's feelings about being older than everyone will never go away as long as her fiance is decades younger than her, nothing makes you look older than a man that is too young for you.

Yes, to all of this! It amazed me that Rebecca was surprised when she realized she was the oldest one there! What do you expect when your fiance is only a few years older than your child and you chose to hang out with your daughter and her friends? Or was that just her humblebragging??

OMG Rebecca is the absolute QUEEN of setting up circumstances and then bemoaning them, as if they just "happened" to her! oooooh I had a girlfriend but I didn't tell my fiance, now I have to tell him! oooooh I moved into the apartment I used to live in with my ex, now I have to confess to Zied, what a huge problem that is for me! oh nooooo my family hates Zied, but I continue to force him upon them and they don't like it! OMG, I have a much younger fiance and I am very old and frumpy looking, I'm soooooo uncomfortable and sad about that constantly! Look I'm chewing my face off!

STFU Rebecca. She is one of the most annoying, and that's saying something.

6 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Her obsession with this ring makes me think she doesn't envision life beyond the wedding.  

LOL it's like she thinks that if somehow she gets that ring back on her finger, Mike will be magically bound to marry her.

• Love 14
14 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Oh, I think she is.  I think there is a checklist that she think she can work.

Get ring

Get married

Get Mike to move to a big city and buy a nice home

Get preggers

Have kid

Make Mike lose weight, quit drinking, get smarter, buy a hot car, buy me stuff.....

And on and on and on.  And she can't get past #1.  And she is so frustrated!!!!!  I mean, really!!! She has been a master manipulator all of her life and she can't get this big dumb drunk oaf to comply!  It's got to be killing her.  She has tried it all - stupid little eye batting flirtatious girl, hot sexy woman, army drill sargent, evil shrew and IT ISN'T WORKING!!!  And I laugh and laugh and laugh..........................

• LOL 6
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, RealReality said:

Yes, can we please talk about how badly Natalie is aging.  I thought I was the only one seeing this.  There is a marked difference.  She is gaining a little weight, which is good and fine, but hed face is looking rough.  She may be hugging the wrong trees. 

I have to add that she's not a runner or athlete, despite her early claims and demonstration in Kiev.  Every episode, they manage to show her from behind - at the sink, hugging a tree, running out of the car in a parking lot - and the camera stays on her.  She has a square, office ass and little visible definition.  She wears that cropped white sweater in most episodes, and in the last two, the cameras have stopped on her stomach pooch.  Of course, she looks like an Olympian and beauty queen next to Mike and the townies, but I almost wonder if the producers are conjuring pregnancy rumors or how much they dislike her (much less than they dislike Andrew, obviously).  I think that Natalie will age like her mother.  The family resemblance is strong.

I'll also add - Will Jovi and Yara recognize their baby if the child resembles pre-plastic-surgery Yara without Jovi's teeth?  Jovi will be demanding a paternity test.

Edited by Grifter Lives
To add more to my harsh criticism
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 9

Today’s posts have me laughing hard!  
Rebecca chewing her face off with worry - so true! Plus, what does that do to your fillers?  
Natalie not being an athlete- but boy can she skip! 
I also want to point out how Yara ate her food at the engagement party.  Open wide, close mouth and chew, chew.  Is that to protect the lipstick or the lip fillers or both?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Opine said:

Oh, I think she is.  I think there is a checklist that she think she can work.

Get ring

Get married

Get Mike to move to a big city and buy a nice home

Get preggers

Have kid

Make Mike lose weight, quit drinking, get smarter, buy a hot car, buy me stuff.....

And on and on and on.  And she can't get past #1.  And she is so frustrated!!!!!  I mean, really!!! She has been a master manipulator all of her life and she can't get this big dumb drunk oaf to comply!  It's got to be killing her.  She has tried it all - stupid little eye batting flirtatious girl, hot sexy woman, army drill sargent, evil shrew and IT ISN'T WORKING!!!  And I laugh and laugh and laugh..........................

LOL, to your point, someone got Mike to believe in alien abductions.  Natalie can't even convince him to give her the ring back.  

Isnt Mike a dummy and doesnt she have a genius IQ?  How has she not found that ring?

I kinda wish she'd find the ring just so I could see the ensuing fight.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Her whole "just tell me the truth" really means "just tell me I'm right."  

This, exactly.  And I was reading & watching the show at the same time, so I had to rewind to find out that Natalie was talking to a "therapist" and not a "psychic advisor."  That background really threw me for a loop!

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

Nope, Persnickety1, I didn't even novels.  I got Dear Abby's "What Every Young Girl Needs to Know" or something like that, along with informational pamphlets from Modess & Kotex, I think.  We're pretty close in age.  I was 10 in 1973.

• Love 5

I recognize I am probably alone in this but I don't think Jovi and Yara really hate each other and I think there are more feelings there than Mike and Natalie.

I do think they're both immature, particularly Jovi. But a lot of couples just bicker a lot. That's just kind of how they relate - they're not super schmoopy. When she was saying she hated him while dancing, I don't think she meant it at all. I am not saying that is the best habit to get into but I have known of couples like this and I have been in a coupling like this. lol

• Love 6

If Rebecca wants Zied to stay with her, it would be a good idea to get some furniture. He may have to take up with other women just to sit in a chair.

Edited by JeanJean
misspelling
  • LOL 16
  • Love 3

Does Jovi have two sets of teeth? He's like a shark. It seems painful (for Yara). I think Yara  is hysterical and I love that she puts  him in his place. She's very real with him and I LOVE IT. Given his proclivity for strippers, I don't think he is very socialized toward women/ marriage. It would be really hard for a guy that's gone 1/2 the year to establish a relationship.

Jovi's mom is adorable. I love her. His dad seems a lot like Jovi. I still don't understand where Jovi got those teeth from. He looks like a little dinosaur. He seems harmless. I will agree with Yara that she's smart, and I think that's way throwing Jovi off his game. She smiled a few times and he was ready to party. LOL. 

Natalie is definitely beautiful (IMO). I think Mike is super intimidated by her, and he isn't going to let  her go because he will never score someone close to as attractive as her. Why is he being so picky? I think he's scared that she is too good for him (she is). The insecure person is Mike.  Granted, Natalie doesn't help her case by being a douche herself and bragging about how beautiful and smart she is. She doesn't need to remind Mike that she's a catch. He knows. 

I'm not a huge fan of Brandon, but I do like him and Julia together. I don't  think Brandon has any intention of ever moving out of the family house though. He says he can't afford to move now-- so he will be able to afford it in 3-months? Makes no sense. He can't make more than 30K a year. He's  not in school, and he does not seem ambitious at all. He needs this show to bring some $ opps to  him, otherwise, he and Julia are stuck in that gross house forever. I really don't think Brandon will ever move out of there--- he's comfortable, he can't afford his  own place, and he and Julia will end up living there once the parents are dead. Which will be like 30 plus more years. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, lilmarysunshine said:

I recognize I am probably alone in this but I don't think Jovi and Yara really hate each other and I think there are more feelings there than Mike and Natalie.

I do think they're both immature, particularly Jovi. But a lot of couples just bicker a lot. That's just kind of how they relate - they're not super schmoopy. When she was saying she hated him while dancing, I don't think she meant it at all. I am not saying that is the best habit to get into but I have known of couples like this and I have been in a coupling like this. lol

I have more feelings for the mcrib than Mike and Natalie have for each other. 

• LOL 7
13 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I am guessing Brandon didn't pick up the pg test the  day they were out driving cuz he needed to get some spending money from his mom first

“Mommy, can I please get an advance on my allowance to buy a pregnancy test for my girlfriend?” 

• LOL 16
On 2/22/2021 at 12:28 PM, SemiCharmedLife said:

Yes, and I was thinking that when someone is cheating, they may try a little harder to hide the evidence of it.  Like not answering a video call at that particular moment.  

Ha! I thought so too, but...

He would video chat his “ex” whilst sitting in my kitchen. Which was not decorated like the Army barracks he was living in, mind you. At the time, I took it at face value. They really were just friends, why else would he feel comfortable doing that? Realized later that this was how he would try to “bait” her into coming back, by teasing her with the threat of another woman in his life. 🙄

People can really suck on purpose sometimes.