Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E09: Isaac's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

You guys, I was today years old when I found out pizza is a high calorie food!! Who would have ever guessed!?? Also, when I eat pizza, I make sure to stack at least 4 pieces upon each other on my paper plate. That way I can better collect all the no calorie grease. Pro tip. 

• LOL 17
Just now, poeticlicensed said:

Its an excuse. He can't drive, he can barely move, do i dont know why its so important he is there for her treatment 

I doubt his brother or sister have that much going on that they couldn’t stick around for a day or two. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, umgoblue said:

Okay...FULL DISCLOSURE:  I faked a near dead laptop (ala...I only have 1% and no charger...Sorry...Happy Birthday.  Love ya!) so I could chat with y'all.

I am going to burn in hell...

We will greet you with open arms and gasoline soaked drawers.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, umgoblue said:

Party is over, so now I can concentrate on the job at hand.  Who has a birthday party on a Wednesday at the SAME TIME as M600PL?!?!? SMDH...

That's absolutely outrageous that someone scheduled your B day party opposite M600L!!! I would have told everyone to leave the gifts on the front porch and go the hell away.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, umgoblue said:

Okay...FULL DISCLOSURE:  I faked a near dead laptop (ala...I only have 1% and no charger...Sorry...Happy Birthday.  Love ya!) so I could chat with y'all.

Just don't forget your gasoline soaked drawers before you go.

• LOL 6

His 'I am disappointed I didn't  get a good result' is like a kid who did a half-assed job on homework assignment and now thinks 'oh well',  It's not Dr. Now who needs these results, it's you, Isaac!

• Love 8
1 minute ago, umgoblue said:

Don’t know if you watch 90 day fiancée but “yeasssss so much sexy babie....love you so machhh....you work so much work” please send a photo so I can have it printed on everything I own.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I don't drive either, and I generally manage to get anywhere I need to go by public transit.

I'm just in shock! I feel like there should be a new series on Discovery +..."We Don't Drive!" with exciting scripted transportation dilemmas.

• LOL 10
10 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

In the shop is sometimes code for DUI

Kinda like how my ex's "my phone isn't working" was code for "I'm a deadbeat who didn't pay the bill." See also: "I decided to get rid of cable."

• LOL 5
2 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

There is no train between Dallas and Houston to my knowledge.  Also his mom is undergoing cancer treatment that usually involves chemo shouldn't she have lost some hair?

Not all chemo patients lose hair. My husband kept all of his for 6 months of chemo, different protocols for different diseases.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
Just now, Suzywriter said:

I'm just in shock! I feel like there should be a new series on Discovery +..."We Don't Drive!" with exciting scripted transportation dilemmas.

Its good for those "two truth and a lie" exercises at meetings. No one ever guesses that "I don't have a driver's license" is the true one. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
1 minute ago, crazycatlady58 said:

There is no train between Dallas and Houston to my knowledge.  Also his mom is undergoing cancer treatment that usually involves chemo shouldn't she have lost some hair?

Not all chemo involves hair loss.  My hair got thinner when I had chemo for colorectal cancer but I didn't lose it.  I did lose a lot of weight then which I unfortunately gained back afterwards.

• Love 3

The driving thing is one reason I’m convinced we’ll end up back home eventually because of the public transport options.

He doesn’t look any smaller.  Apparently when Mom doesn’t feel well Isaac has to eat.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

It depends on the drug. I have seen several people where I work do chemo for a year, and keep their hair. One of our housekeeping staff took chemo for 9 months, kept her hair and worked the whole time...doing physical labor. 

I bet Mama could manage to stand up long enough to cook a meal. 

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I do color my own hair. Have for years. 

I've done it for fun with the color that lasts a couple weeks, when I was in college (extra fun because I had waist-length hair at the time!). I've had it done professionally once, but that was a gift. I got the highlights touched up once after that but then the stylist left and I went back to my old cheap place.

5 minutes ago, MsVixen said:

Wonder if there is something like an Amtrak he could take?

I think i posted the amtrak info at the same time you asked this.  It is about $75 each way.  Not sure that he could go and return the same day, though

this episode is annoying me.  And it is already nearly 9:30

These people all need to be seeing the doctor and therapist like when Dr Proctor treats whole families.  too bad there is no one in the DFW area that would do that.

Also if he can't get anyone to drive him to Houston, how the hell does he think he can get anyone to stay with him after the surgery, not that he will be getting surgery anytime soon unless something drastic and miraculous happens in the next 20 minutes.

I am so over this

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

Oooh, I'm always curious about non-drivers travel methods. How do you get around? 

I didn't drive until I was 53. I've mostly lived on the east coast, where there were plenty of transit options - and no parking so you might as well take the subway or bus in town. If I had a lot of stuff to carry, I took a cab.  When I lived other places, I was a student and just took buses or taxis. It's doable - much more so these days with so many deliveries.  That said, now that I have one, I love my car.

• Love 7
Just now, crazycatlady58 said:

Not all chemotherapies cause hair loss.

However, even if you're getting the chemotherapies that do have that side effect, there are devices that cool your scalp to help minimize the chemo-induced alopecia.  This works better with some chemotherapy regimens than other.  I did 18 weeks of chemo treatments for breast cancer and used a machine with a super-tight cap with super-cold fluid flowing through channels in it and I kept probably 60% of my hair.  My hair is long, so I kept it up in a loose scrunchie between treatments.  I could tell my hair was thinner, but most other people couldn't tell.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3