Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 2/15/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

44 minutes ago, bannana said:

MeAgain has done this several times on the View, talking about abortion as murder and late term abortion as infanticide. And it is personal for Whoopi, which she has made clear many times. It's one topic MeAgain should steer clear of with Whoopi but the other day she brought it up in a completely random way. It was not even a topic!

Megan has no self-control  and is very thin-skinned so when the ladies criticize her team she has to go down in the gutter and use Abortion as a weapon to try and shame the ladies, it is a way to deflect from the issue at hand.   

• Love 12
8 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

I'm watching it now. So which is it Meghan? Is the View infotainment as you said or news as you said five minutes later? 

Meghan was referring to who her bosses at the network are. ABC restructured their programming divisions in fall 2014. The View was no longer part of ABC Daytime with General Hospital and the All My Children replacement and was placed in the ABC News division along with GMA.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Yes -  the show as originally envisioned was about women from different walks of life -   NOT different political views,  but various ages, races, ethnicities, backgrounds, etc.  talking about issues that impacted or interested women.  they talked about education, parenting, shopping, friendship, marriage, divorce, dating, and anything else that was on their minds.   Of course, they had longer to talk and didn't have to constantly hawk various products.  The original show didn't have me agreeing or disagreeing with one host consistently, it was controversial without, (using one of MM's favorite terms0 TRIBAL.  

I very often miss that earlier version of The View, although I could not imagine how it would be with Meghan as a co-host.  She doesn't seem to have any other interests besides politics, Real Housewives and an increasingly unfathomable fascination with really, really, really bad eye makeup.

Edited by njbchlover
  • LOL 7
  • Love 9

The View on Twitter: "TOMORROW: New York State Assemblyman @rontkim joins the co-hosts LIVE to discuss his claim that Gov. Andrew Cuomo threatened him for criticizing the governor’s handling of COVID-19 deaths in nursing homes during the early days of the pandemic. https://t.co/SaufbMvpNm" / Twitter

This is going to be interesting.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I very often miss that earlier version of The View, although I could not imagine how it would be with Meghan as a co-host.  She doesn't seem to have any other interests besides politics, Real Housewives and an increasingly unfathomable fascination with really, really, really bad eye makeup.

I wonder how much input the cohosts have when it comes to their styling. Like, all the other women have tasteful makeup on and then there's Meghan, who I guess tells the makeup staff to give her the Child Beauty Pageant Contestant every morning. It stands out.

• LOL 7
  • Love 6

I crawled out from under my electric blanket late afternoon ( 2nd vaccine) and was I hallucinating when poor put upon sole conservative voice say during her time to give her opinion on Rush  she winds up saying his followers  need to be heard.or not overlooked.  WTF ? Racist disgusting pigs must have a platform..? They need a platform to be heard?  Followed by we need another conservative. —— what like Rush ?  She keeps saying how they need to be heard many times weekly but to tie it in with Rush and his fans was the worst. Say she has one of her conservative friends on is she going to praise Rush for his career ? Say he’s a great person? How many people he touched a life well lived?  
I thought all the Lefty women did well today. I didn’t interpret  Joy’s saying it’s not really them( Rush and  Ann) she’s said they’ve become uglier in greed for money.. I really liked when Joy referred to Ann as a comedian.
off to bed maybe my head will be clear and Megan will make sense. .  

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
20 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

I crawled out from under my electric blanket late afternoon ( 2nd vaccine) and was I hallucinating when poor put upon sole conservative voice say during her time to give her opinion on Rush  she winds up saying his followers  need to be heard.or not overlooked.  WTF ? Racist disgusting pigs must have a platform..? They need a platform to be heard?  Followed by we need another conservative. —— what like Rush ?  She keeps saying how they need to be heard many times weekly but to tie it in with Rush and his fans was the worst. Say she has one of her conservative friends on is she going to praise Rush for his career ? Say he’s a great person? How many people he touched a life well lived?  
I thought all the Lefty women did well today. I didn’t interpret  Joy’s saying it’s not really them( Rush and  Ann) she’s said they’ve become uglier in greed for money.. I really liked when Joy referred to Ann as a comedian.
off to bed maybe my head will be clear and Megan will make sense. .  

I'm so sick of Meghan acting like everyone on the left wants to shut down anyone who has conservative views on taxes or something. No Meghan! Honestly, Sunny and Whoopi in particular seem very open to conservative ideas on certain issues. What folks don't want to hear would be racism, xenophobia, homophobia, and sexism. Rush Limbaugh and many people on the right like to dabble in all of it. 

I have no issue if some people want to dial it back since he just died, or if people who knew a kinder side to Rush what to share that. I read today Elton John was friends with him, and he said Rush was very different from his radio personality. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Joy is 100% right that Rush and others like him say whatever to make money. It doesn't make it okay. They still do a ton of damage spreading hatred, but it helps explain how those who personally know these people often say they're super nice in real life. 

I hope you get to feeling better. 🙂 Once your head is clear, Meghan still won't make any sense though! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 18
5 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

I crawled out from under my electric blanket late afternoon ( 2nd vaccine)

You should feel better today.  That second shot will knock you for a loop but it's still worth it.

I used to be a partner in a small business and generally worked from home in the morning, but went in daily after lunch to do some work.  The ladies there would have the radio tuned into RL's show.  It (he) was disgusting.  I don't know why the ladies got such a kick out of listening to him, especially since they were very religious and would start each morning with a prayer.  Totally incongruous to the hate RL was spreading.

3 hours ago, bannana said:

Wait, MeAgain wants more "Conservatives" on The View? So she won't be the only "Conservative" ever anywhere in MSM?

Bingo.  That's why she doesn't get along with any other Conservatives on the show.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

I used to be a partner in a small business and generally worked from home in the morning, but went in daily after lunch to do some work.  The ladies there would have the radio tuned into RL's show.  It (he) was disgusting.  I don't know why the ladies got such a kick out of listening to him, especially since they were very religious and would start each morning with a prayer.  Totally incongruous to the hate RL was spreading.

During the early 2000s where I worked had a local lite rock radio station playing on our in house speakers.  The day after 9/11 that radio station started playing Rush Limbaugh's show. They played it for about a month.  I was so disappointed and disgusted that their response to such a horrific terrorist attack was to play the show of someone who did nothing but promote fear mongering and hatred towards people who didn't look like him.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, bannana said:

Wait, MeAgain wants more "Conservatives" on The View? So she won't be the only "Conservative" ever anywhere in MSM?

Yeah, I don't believe that for a second.

episode 8 bullshit GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

She’d immediately try to get the second one fired. 

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Meghan playing whataboutism again, comparing Nancy Pelosi et al to Ted Cruz going on vacation. 

6 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

I KNEW Meg would bring up the stupid Nancy Pelosi haircut bullshit when talking about Cruz. Bitch, that doesn’t even COMPARE! He not only ditched his fellow Texans and his own little dog, he also tried to blame his own kids. Like they specifically requested staying at the Ritz-Carlton in Mexico. 

Oh, and as always, keep my Governor Whitmer’s name out of your trash mouth, bitch! She hasn’t broken any of the rules and you don’t live in my state so just STFU.

1 minute ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Here we go with the Meghan “Whataboutism” McCain... 

I don’t know what type of media she’s been consuming lately, but Andrew Cuomo is getting it from all sides.

Also I’m sorry, but what Ted Cruz did - fly to Cancun while his state is literally freezing to death, came back only because he got caught, subsequently threw his family under the bus, then changed his story again - is far worse than what Nancy Pelosi and Gavin Newsom did.

And someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m pretty sure Pelosi and Newsom didn’t make a bunch of excuses and change their stories multiple times.

Well, that didn't take long. Though it was the longest she lasted being all "righteous" and "patriotic" in the aftermath of the domestic terrorists' attacks last month.

She's reverted back to form.

• Love 17
6 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

I don’t know what type of media she’s been consuming lately, but Andrew Cuomo is getting it from all sides.

Everyone she mentioned was raked in the press. No one got a pass. 

• Love 20

My local ABC station messed up this morning and started airing '25 Words or Less' at 11 am (it usually airs at 12:30 pm) and aired it for about ten minutes before it cut into 'The View' where I was able to catch the beginning of Meganutz's rant about Ted Cruz, but decided to throw all the democrats into the lane of traffic instead.

By the looks of her, Ben never gave Meganutz the much-needed mirror for Valentine's Day. Maybe daddy St. John McCain left her one in his will ?

"To my darling daughter Meghan, the only conservative voice on mainstream media, the only conservative young mother living in the beltway, the one who was practically born and raised in the Capitol, I leave you my mirror. Please use it every morning before you go out in public."

• LOL 13
  • Love 1

Cuomo topic coming up next.  Get ready for Meghan's head to explode.  Cue the mute button. 

I was wrong, people!  Nevermind!  She must have put her big girl panties on this morning because she behaved like a grown up.

Edited by Cementhead
  • LOL 6

I'm not sure I find the guest talking about Cuomo very believable. Like Sunny, I'll be waiting for what the investigation finds. I did laugh at the way Joy ended the segment though. "So I guess you'll be running for governor then?" He definitely came across like someone with his own political motives.

• Love 18

Meghan can’t contribute to the convo about risking her life for a pet since she has no pets, but she does chime in that she has taxidermied animals. She doesn’t say if she’d risk her life for a dead animal though.

Thats the weirdest equivalency she’s ever made. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 15
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Haleth said:

Meghan can’t contribute to the convo about risking her life for a pet since she has no pets, but she does chime in that she has taxidermied animals. She doesn’t say if she’d risk her life for a dead animal though. 

Of course Meghan doesn't have a pet. She would rather shoot an animal than care for one.

• Love 15
17 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I'm not sure I find the guest talking about Cuomo very believable. Like Sunny, I'll be waiting for what the investigation finds. I did laugh at the way Joy ended the segment though. "So I guess you'll be running for governor then?" He definitely came across like someone with his own political motives.

I agree with you.  Everything he  said about Cuomo has been known by the people of New York and they voted for him anyway.  I was shocked that he said that Cuomo should resign or be impeached.  I doubt that will happen though.  I think Cuomo will be fine politically after all is said and done.. I do think that he should watch his back because the governor is known to be very vindictive and will not forget...

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 9

Hey everyone - you know all the cosmetics and skin care you spent a fortune on this past Monday with Greta Monahan's 'View Your Deal' ? CANCEL YOUR ORDERS! (The retail companies will love this - just tell them Greta introduced better stuff!)

Greta found even BETTER skin care products to hawk in the past 72 hours, and brought them to the show today. You know the drill - you have 24 hours to order this garbage, and on Monday you can cancel it all once she introduces newer, better skin care products on the show.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Years ago I bought a couple pairs of those cheater glasses until my doctor told me I was in “bifocal denial” and I finally got prescription glasses.  But, I bought 2 pairs of cheaters.  I did not buy new pairs every Monday and Friday.  How many can you possibly need?  They advertise them almost every VYD.

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Cindy brought it up herself when she was on the show last month.

And Cindy made it clear that only she had been censured, not MeAgain and the rest of the family as MM implied.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
17 minutes ago, Axie said:

Years ago I bought a couple pairs of those cheater glasses until my doctor told me I was in “bifocal denial” and I finally got prescription glasses.  But, I bought 2 pairs of cheaters.  I did not buy new pairs every Monday and Friday.  How many can you possibly need?  They advertise them almost every VYD.

I still use cheaters that I bought 20 years ago, at a drug store where I could try them on to find a pair that were comfortable and the right magnification. And they were on sale at the time, with no shipping costs. I bought a couple of cheap pairs online ~10 yrs ago to have extras at work & in the car, but they are not as comfortable.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Cindy brought it up herself when she was on the show last month.

I think Cindy McCain mentioning it and Ana Navarro mentioning it, probably had two very different affects on Meghan.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

I agree with you.  Everything he  said about Cuomo has been known by the people of New York and they voted for him anyway.  I was shocked that he said that Cuomo should resign or be impeached.  I doubt that will happen though.  I think Cuomo will be fine politically after all is said and done.. I do think that he should watch his back because the governor is known to be very vindictive and will not forget...

He needs to resign, because Cuomo had nursing homes accept Covid patients, and he gave them liability shields (And got a ton of donations from the nursing home industry).  In which 15k people died in nursing homes.  NY AG Leticia James found that Cuomo had underreported that casualties by 50%. So the fact that Cuomo's aid admitted that they withheld COVID data, and Cuomo is threatening people like Ron Kim for reporting it is a problem.  Ron Kim focused too much on the namecalling that Cuomo did in the interview, and should have happened what happened more in the last year.

https://news.yahoo.com/york-gov-andrew-cuomos-top-233357745.html

In terms of criticism of McCain's "both sides".  Yes media is covering Cuomo's situation right now, but they did not do their job when Cuomo had nursing homes accepting covid patients last year.  Only small independent media had covered this for months, in which all of them concerned about Cuomo's decisions.  But meanwhile Cuomo is walking around, and everyone is talking about how he could be the next president and how he covered Covid well and got an Emmy, and have fun CNN banters with his brother (which is a bit of a conflict of self-interest).  And this is someone who hates Meghan McCain her annoying both sideism.

1 minute ago, Robert Lynch said:

But I thought Cuomo hid the nursing home numbers....I think that is much worse than a phone call to Ron Kim.

Will this affect his future in New York?  Ron Kim seems to have an agenda in my humble opinion...

• Love 2

Was it yesterday on the show when Sunny was mentioning RL's horrific things he said, that she included him saying that Chelsea Clinton looked like a dog? I wondered at the time if she was throwing some shade MeAgain's way.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, bannana said:

Was it yesterday on the show when Sunny was mentioning RL's horrific things he said, that she included him saying that Chelsea Clinton looked like a dog? I wondered at the time if she was throwing some shade MeAgain's way.

The same thought went through my mind. Didn't someone else say something similar?

• Love 5
3 hours ago, deirdra said:

I still use cheaters that I bought 20 years ago, at a drug store where I could try them on to find a pair that were comfortable and the right magnification. And they were on sale at the time, with no shipping costs. I bought a couple of cheap pairs online ~10 yrs ago to have extras at work & in the car, but they are not as comfortable.

Why call them cheaters? They're reading glasses! I use them myself because of my Keretaconus, which makes it IMPOSSIBLE for me to get prescription glasses/bifocals, so I have to use them in addition to my specialized lenses.

You can get them at any CVS or Walgreens. Or if you want cat eyes lenses or what not, readers.com!

Jeebus.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Here we go with the Meghan “Whataboutism” McCain... 

Hasselbeck used to be the pro at this with her "what about Obama?"   But Meghan has risen to the challenge, and is the reigning champion. 

4 hours ago, Haleth said:

Thats the weirdest equivalency she’s ever made. 

Didn't she once say she had a pet CACTUS?  would she risk her life for a cactus?  

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, deirdra said:

27 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

You can get them at any CVS or Walgreens. Or if you want cat eyes lenses or what not, readers.com!

Just gotta say I got my readers from Randy Rainbow. I'm stylin'!

• Love 3