Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 2/8/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, Feb. 8 – Ricky Gervais (“After Life”)

Tuesday, Feb. 9 – Priyanka Chopra Jonas (Author, “Unfinished”); Fran Lebowitz (“Pretend It’s a City”)

Wednesday, Feb. 10 – ABC News Chief Medical Correspondent Dr. Jennifer Ashton (Author, “The New Normal”)

Thursday, Feb. 11 – Lionel Richie, Katy Perry & Luke Bryan (ABC’s “American Idol”)

Friday, Feb. 12 – Stephen A. Smith (“The Undefeated”)

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, falltime said:

Monday, Feb. 8 – Ricky Gervais (“After Life”)

I wonder if there is a soon-to-be release date for Season 3 of After Life?  Because season 2 came out back in April of last year so it seems to be weird timing for him to come on to discuss a show that's been out for almost a year already. 

Regardless, I love Ricky Gervais and I absolutely loved season 1.  One of the best little shows ever I ever watched.  I highly recommend it to married couples to watch together.  Season 2 was really disappointing to me though.  It lacked all of the deep, philosophical reflection of the 1st.  My husband loved both. 

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Mrs Huffnagle said:

Ricky Gervais is usually fun.  Looking forward to his appearance.  We West Coasters may miss shows on Tuesday and Wednesday due to the impeachment trial.

Has he ever gotten into it with MeAgain?  He doesn't usually suffer fools, and she's a huge fool.

Then again Whoopi is often a fool too. But I think he'd bite his tongue with her.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 2/7/2021 at 3:37 AM, heysmilinstrange said:

I adore Fran Lebowitz!! I wonder if this is her first time on The View.

Fran doesn't fare that well on panel shows, she's polite, she doesn't talk over anyone.  She's way better in a one-on-one situation. This might not be the best venue for her.  I'll just watch an episode of Pretend It's A City again.

• Love 6

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m pretty sure all the Dems that Rand Paul mentioned by name apologized for their words, Sara. I’m pretty sure Chuck Schumer apologized the next day. Half truths are still lies, and Rand Paul lied during that interview.

• Love 18

No MeAgain, not the biggest sin to be a conservative..  the biggest sin is to push the trump lies and QaNut.  And also, the Liz Cheney’s of the world and you are not the same.  She’s a powerful Senator.  You are talk show host

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 18

This cancel movement against Liz Cheney is personal. It has nothing to do with her “conservative bona fides.”  If the media go after her in the future it will be because of her positions and policies, not because of her character. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 9
30 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Fran doesn't fare that well on panel shows, she's polite, she doesn't talk over anyone.  She's way better in a one-on-one situation. This might not be the best venue for her.  I'll just watch an episode of Pretend It's A City again.

I've seen clips of her on Bill Maher's show and she seems to do okay there, but I can see her having problems on The View because it's a much more frivolous show, despite how it's marketed and how Meghan portrays it. I'm just happy to see her.

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, Axie said:

Meghan:  "Republican Republican Conservative Republican Republican Conservative Republican Republican Republican Republican Republican Me Republican Conservative Me Republican Republican Republican Republican". Me- STFU.

I have yet to hear any progressive/liberal talk show host refer to themselves as such any day let alone every day.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

Take-aways from today's show (Feb 8):

It never gets old to see Whoopi dressed in her Amish costume. Next time, she should do the dry-cleaning and lint removing before the cameras roll.

Greta Monahan has peddled a lot of garbage on 'View Your Deal' over the years, but today's garage garbage sale has got to be the worst. What is it with eye glass frames on every VYD - including Oprah's ? How many eye glass frames and readers do their viewers truly need ? And a plumbing gizmo for your sink drains ? Really ? Today's segment came of as 'Shark Tank Rejects'.

• Love 4

I just find it interesting that MM has no problem disparaging other Republicans as RINOs or squish, but has a problem when other republicans attack “true conservatives” like Liz Cheney and her.    No self awareness that’s she’s part of the problem in her party.   

Edited by After7Only
  • LOL 1
  • Love 17
1 minute ago, After7Only said:

I just find it interesting that MM has no problem disparaging other Republicans as RINOs or squish, but has a problem when other republicans attack “true conservatives” like Liz Cheney and her.    No self awareness that’s she’s part of the problem is her party.   

There are plenty of Republicans that would question Meghan's conservative bona fides.   People in glass houses and all that.

• LOL 5
  • Love 9

First: What the hell, Show? You don't even mention the passing of Christopher Plummer????!!!!

Oh Jeebus Cripes, though not surprising. Hey, Your SOURPUSS Twatness, it's Bona Feyedes, not Bona Feeds! (When she was motormouthing about Bona Fides).

And takes any chance to try and "fillet" the Hollywood "Elite" and "take them down" by asking Ricky if he wished he could host the Globes this year. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Triviatrish2 said:

ME-again.. apologize.. mentioned 5 times, I lost count of  the times she mentioned Republican and Conservatives.  Does she think we forget that she is a Conservative Republican?  

I don't recall her sainted MyFather saying it.  He was known for his bipartisan working relationships, not starting every sentence with "as a Republican"...

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 5
On 2/6/2021 at 6:44 AM, Cementhead said:

I wonder if there is a soon-to-be release date for Season 3 of After Life?  Because season 2 came out back in April of last year so it seems to be weird timing for him to come on to discuss a show that's been out for almost a year already. 

Regardless, I love Ricky Gervais and I absolutely loved season 1.  One of the best little shows ever I ever watched.  I highly recommend it to married couples to watch together.  Season 2 was really disappointing to me though.  It lacked all of the deep, philosophical reflection of the 1st.  My husband loved both. 

I love him too and think it’s a May release. Love Fran too.  
I think even Megan has the sense not to fool with Rickie he’d eat her alive. 
The opening of the show Whoopi is grooming herself and the ladies arrive smiling but not sour face. Every single day she can’t even muster a smile to start the show? 

• Love 8

Joy is right. Corporate America is going to have more luck punishing people for lying and causing the political upheaval in this country.  As always it's all about the money.   Companies are content to sit and let things play out as long as they can benefit from it. But as soon as the person or the cause becomes a liability that costs them money they will be cut loose.

• Love 16
41 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

First: What the hell, Show? You don't even mention the passing of Christopher Plummer????!!!!

CBS Sunday Morning had a lovely tribute to Von Trapp, including clips from a recent interview by Anthony Mason.  I would expect this from CBS Sunday Morning, it has excellent production values.  The View has View Your Deal and Meghan McCain.

• LOL 3
  • Love 16
Just now, sugarbaker design said:

CBS Sunday Morning had a lovely tribute to Von Trapp, including clips from a recent interview by Anthony Mason.  I would expect this from CBS Sunday Morning, it has excellent production values.  The View has View Your Deal and Meghan McCain.

giphy.gif

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Oh Jeebus Cripes, though not surprising. Hey, Your SOURPUSS Twatness, it's Bona Feyedes, not Bona Feeds! (When she was motormouthing about Bona Fides).

As a ConservativeRepublicanpundint she was using the Latin pronunciation fee-des. 

1 hour ago, LetsStartTalking said:

How many eye glass frames and readers do their viewers truly need ? 

Reader eye glasses are the new hand lotions. 

31 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

Joy is right. Corporate America is going to have more luck punishing people for lying and causing the political upheaval in this country.  As always it's all about the money.   Companies are content to sit and let things play out as long as they can benefit from it. But as soon as the person or the cause becomes a liability that costs them money they will be cut loose.

That goes for corp donations too. Which is why Mitch is nervous.  For now. Until people move on. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

No, Meg, it’s not a sin to have “conservative values”, the sin is letting people from your own party get away with spreading bullshit at the expense of democracy without consequences. THAT is why people are cracking down on social media right now, you miserable ignorant twat.

I wish I could understand what she means by "conservative values"  besides "nobody can get an abortion, no matter the circumstances." 

1 hour ago, After7Only said:

I just find it interesting that MM has no problem disparaging other Republicans as RINOs or squish, but has a problem when other republicans attack “true conservatives” like Liz Cheney and her.    No self awareness that’s she’s part of the problem in her party.   

I agree.  I'm not even sure what definitions she's using for RINO or "squish" (I never heard that term before). it seems to me that a lot of conservatives would consider her to be in one of these categories, given her support for LGBTQ issues AND supporting the impeachment of trump 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

It appears the only celebrity who passed away in 2021  and deserves any honorary mention is Cesley Tyson.  Legendary actors such as Cloris Leachman, Hal Holbrook and Christopher Plummer do not qualify for a mention or tribute. Let's ask Ana to explaint that parallel bubble again.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

I wish I could understand what she means by "conservative values"  besides "nobody can get an abortion, no matter the circumstances." 

I agree.  I'm not even sure what definitions she's using for RINO or "squish" (I never heard that term before). it seems to me that a lot of conservatives would consider her to be in one of these categories, given her support for LGBTQ issues AND supporting the impeachment of trump 

For Meghan I think a conservative Republican is someone who thinks like her. But as you said there are a lot of conservatives that do not support LGBTQ issues.  Her father wasn't considered a conservative.  I think Meghan is using conservative and Republican as the same thing. They are not the same.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m pretty sure all the Dems that Rand Paul mentioned by name apologized for their words, Sara. I’m pretty sure Chuck Schumer apologized the next day. Half truths are still lies, and Rand Paul lied during that interview.

If Rand Paul's mouth is open, he's either eating or lying out of it. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

As a ConservativeRepublicanpundint she was using the Latin pronunciation fee-des. 

Reader eye glasses are the new hand lotions. 

That goes for corp donations too. Which is why Mitch is nervous.  For now. Until people move on. 

Question for Anyone: (please forgive my ignorance)

How do you tell what strength you need? You dont need a prescription for them do you?

Thanks for the 411 

54 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Go to the drug store and try to read labels with different strengths until you find one that works. No prescription needed. 

It helps to take with you an actual book or 8"x11" form with hard to read typeface to find the right strength of readers. And try one step stronger and one step weaker before making your final decision. You should be able to read multiple lines of text with no eyestrain and holding the book/paper as you normally would at home.  The displays typically only have a few lines of large type.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 2
4 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

For Meghan I think a conservative Republican is someone who thinks like her. But as you said there are a lot of conservatives that do not support LGBTQ issues.  Her father wasn't considered a conservative.  I think Meghan is using conservative and Republican as the same thing. They are not the same.

In the 80s, as Republicans tried to re-group themselves from the Nixon era, there was the movement of 'The Reagan Republican', which tried to bring honesty and decency back to the party. You may not agree with their policies, but you respected the members of the party - and the government worked on both sides of the aisle. That lasted for 15 years, until Gingrich tried (and succeeded) in giving the party more 'bite' and less decency with the help of Karl Rove. It got worse with Obama in Office, and the introduction to the 'Tea Party' led by Sarah Palin, and really hit the bottom with 'Trump republicans'.

So Meghan's father was bred in the Regan Republican party and had Dems like Ted Kennedy and Joe Biden in his circle of friends. Meghan has (I believe) one foot in the Reagan Republicans and one foot in the Rove Republicans.  At least that is what it sounds like from the comments she has made this week and in weeks prior, since Biden was inaugurated.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ForumLou said:

How do you tell what strength you need? You dont need a prescription for them do you?

Maybe it depends where you buy your reading glasses but in the Shoppers near me there is a chart right at the display where you can try each strength and see what you can read.  Only thing is I wonder in these Covid times if the stores want people handling things they likely won't be buying.

12 minutes ago, deirdra said:

It helps to take with you an actual book or 8"x11" form with hard to read typeface to find the right strength of readers. And try one step stronger and one step weaker before making your final decision. You should be able to read multiple lines of text with no eyestrain and holding the book/paper as you normally would at home.  The displays typically only have a few lines of large type.

I used to sell 'cheaters' in my retail store I owned when they first started coming out (about 15-20 years ago). I always had take-out menus in my store for people to test their eyes, because that was the #1 complaint I had - older people couldn't read menus or take out menus any more. So if you can, bring a take-out menu with you as well - make sure you can read it. It's a good test !

Bonus tip: make sure the store you buy them from has a generous return policy on the glasses (though that might be tricky during a pandemic), because once you get home and try them in different lighting they might now work as well as they did in a store with bright lighting and you may need to change them for a stronger / weaker lens. That happened often in my store.

• Useful 4

Whoopi was eating during the show again today. She cannnot not eat for 60 minutes?

MeAgain was throwing shade at Ana, in her diatribe about rinos and squish. She kept talking about Repubs who go on TV and say they are Repubs, but they are not. Is was all word salady but I am certain it was payback for Ana's comments last week.

• Love 8

A couple of months ago Ana explained that there are people who are fiscal conservatives and/or social conservatives, people who are either or both may call themselves Republican.  It seemed to be lost on MeAgain.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, Haleth said:

That’s quite a look, Meg.

I’m not interested in Britney Spears. 

But it's not just about Britney Spears. It's about how women are treated differently than men.  How many male celebs have done crazy shit and didn't have their finances put into a control of a conservator?

• Useful 2
  • Love 17

It's interesting Whoopi brought up Amanda Bynes.  Am I remembering correctly that several years ago a View producer saw her out in NYC and filmed her? I think Meredith and Star Jones were still there. I remember being disappointed in the View for showing the video.  It was very tabloidy.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

I found it interesting that Joy made parallels to Princess Diana; I don't think Diana was sexualized the way Britney was. In fact, I was thinking more about Monica Lewinsky, and Joy was making blowjob and Lewinsky jokes even after Jay Leno had moved on.

• Love 7
Just now, Vanderboom said:

I found it interesting that Joy made parallels to Princess Diana; I don't think Diana was sexualized the way Britney was. In fact, I was thinking more about Monica Lewinsky, and Joy was making blowjob and Lewinsky jokes even after Jay Leno had moved on.

I’m sure she’s made her share of Britney jokes too. 

• Love 5