Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 2/8/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

54 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Everybody was on point with their comments during the first block and then Megan had to do her usual whatboutism to muddy the waters, she is just repulsive.

Ah, I just heard why she was saying these things. Apparently that is going to be the defense, a focus on last summer’s unrest. It’s what they are saying on Fox and she’s parroting their talking points.

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
On 2/10/2021 at 8:52 AM, TheGreenKnight said:

So happy the guest talking about COVID-19 smacked down McCain’s attempts (yet again) to disparage science and scientists because they didn’t know 100% everything about how the virus worked the moment it began impacting in February 2020. I would simply say that she’s dumber than a box of rocks—she is, but I also know she really only says these things for political reasons even though she knows it’s false and could aid the likelihood some individuals won't listen to the recommendations in the present. And this is exactly why she’s a liar when she tries to talk about unity, pretending she’s “toned down” her rhetoric. Someone who cares about unity in any sense wouldn’t do this kind of thing on a subject that may affect the decision of some people to do or not do what they ultimately need to to protect their life and the lives of others.

Yes, you’d think that, having been smacked down multiple times for her complaint about  Dr Fauci and masks over a year ago, she’d give up on spewing that lie.  But no....

Edited by Rainyhawk
Spelling correction
  • Love 14

Whoopi needs to shut it and stop trying to mess with my American Idol. It's not a charity. We are giving the contestants our votes, not our money. How would that even work? Yes some contestants are economically disadvantaged, but a lot of them are very well off. So only the poor contestants will have money coming in and the others get nothing? Who would be the real winner---the one that won the singing contest or the one that collected the most money? Shut it, Whoopi. Donate to YOUR favorite, if you absolutely fInd the need to. Yeah, I didn't think so. 😏

• Love 7
On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2021 at 1:39 PM, bannana said:

In referencing the Congressman's emotional and impactful speech, MeAgain manages to turn it to herself once again, saying she doesn't want to return to the Capitol. 

When Joy addressed the point about the need for unity, she said she agreed and referenced Van Jones and MeAgain's efforts around unity, but then said that you can't have unity when Repub leaders continue to deny the election results. She said the ball is in their court. MeAgain tried to respond but her mike was muted and all we heard was the last word, which was America. And Whoopi ignored the fact that she was trying to speak, and moved along to break.

Here's an article about MeAgain's comments on the Trump lawyer.

https://decider.com/2021/02/10/meghan-mccain-trump-impeachment-lawyer-adam-sandler/

Oh, wow, I didn't even notice that! Good for Whoopi muting her. Joy deserves to have her turn to speak last and have the final word just as much as the others. Biased in her favor as I am, I thought Joy had the best comments again today when she was breaking down the order of how everything happened. Sunny was good, but sort of rambled at the end trying to "land the plane" so to speak.

• Love 10

I loved Joy saying that her mother would phone her asking if she’d heard about Rachel and Joy would say “Who’s Rachel? We’re Italian.”

Joy was most likely referring to popular soap character Rachel Davis Matthews Clark Frame Cory Hutchins from the NBC daytime soap Another World (1964-1999). One of my earliest memories is my mother being enraged by this woman named Rachel on the TV and talking to her sister on the phone about her-“Rachel sent Alice dead baby clothes after Alice lost the baby! I HATE THAT WOMAN SO MUCH.”

P.S.-A French Village is on Amazon Prime, not Netflix, and it really is great.

Edited by TimWil
  • LOL 7
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, TimWil said:

I loved Joy saying that her mother would phone her asking if she’d heard about Rachel and Joy would say “Who’s Rachel? We’re Italian.”

Joy was most likely referring to popular soap character Rachel Davis Matthews Clark Frame Cory Hutchins from the NBC daytime soap Another World (1964-1999).

I couldn't tell what Joy was saying because there were multiple people talking at once so thanks for bringing it to my attention. Rachel certainly was a landmark character. Erica Kane was based off of Robin Strasser's Rachel.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, TimWil said:

Joy was most likely referring to popular soap character Rachel Davis Matthews Clark Frame Cory Hutchins from the NBC daytime soap Another World (1964-1999). One of my earliest memories is my mother being enraged by this woman named Rachel on the TV and talking to her sister on the phone about her-“Rachel sent Alice dead baby clothes after Alice lost the baby! I HATE THAT WOMAN SO MUCH.”

8 hours ago, mispickel said:

I couldn't tell what Joy was saying because there were multiple people talking at once so thanks for bringing it to my attention. Rachel certainly was a landmark character. Erica Kane was based off of Robin Strasser's Rachel.

As soon as she said Rachel I knew exactly who she was talking about.  I am too young to remember Robin Strasser (who I loved on OLTL and just about anything else I saw her in) but I remember Victoria Wyndham as Rachel.  Rachel and Steve was the original supercouple.

I can understand Whoopi missing soap operas. I watched daytime soaps for the better part of 25 years but about 10 years ago I quit. They  just weren't the same anymore.  When reality TV became a huge thing I said that is the new soap operas.  People like to watch a continuing story.  You want to know what comes next and it gives  you something to talk about with other people.  I always laugh when I hear someone get all huffy when they say their show isn't a soap when it clearly is cough *Grey's Anatomy* cough.

17 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

Yes, you’d think that, having been smacked down multiple times for her complaint about  Dr Fauci and masks over a year ago, she’d give up on spewing that lie.  But no....

Meghan comes from the school of thought if you repeat a lie enough times someone will believe it.

Edited by ifionlyknew
  • Love 8
18 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

Did you know that she threw out all her masks because Fauci told her to do so a year ago ? I think she subtly mentioned this a few times.  🤣

• LOL 10
  • Love 2

Uncle Lindsey, Cruz, and Lee should be barred from voting because the colluded with the defense.

I wish Mike Pence had been subpoenaed.

Oh, Meghan. Are we playing princess today?  The ratty hair, the sparkly eyeshadow, the purple lipstick. How do you expect anyone to take you seriously?

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 18

What the everburning hell was that on my screen??  Bad wavy hair (reminiscent of permed hair days), crystals on the eyelids as "eyeliner" and a hideous sweater?  I feel like it's a flashback to a disco/club night in the '80's!!!!  Anyone who thinks that was a good look is completely delusional! 

Wow....now, I am convinced that Meghan is doing all of this bad hair/makeup as a total attention grab, so that she will get the daily gossip blogs and media sites to write about her.  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 13

I love Sunny's hair. Meghan's not so much. She looked like a deranged mermaid. Im not saying this because I can't stand the princess,  I absolutely dislike her but she has a beautiful face. The hair was too much.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Megan getting her digs in at Ana!  She proclaims she is a REAL Conservative, she is NOT a "Never Trumper"(ie: Ana), Ana comes back with her own thoughts about the Republicans she knows.  

Ana's presence triggers Megan and I am here for it..  She has the be the most miserable person I have had the displeasure to watch on television.  What is the root of her unhappiness?

• Love 19
2 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Ana's presence triggers Megan and I am here for it..  She has the be the most miserable person I have had the displeasure to watch on television.  What is the root of her unhappiness?

Dunno. She was born rich with the beautiful face of her mother. Sadly, she got her father's fire hydrant body shape. But I'm sure she was pampered from birth and had so many opportunties. I can't understand her sour attitude. At. All.

• LOL 4
  • Love 14
5 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I think she has her father’s temperament.  He wasn’t all unicorns and rainbows.

• Love 20
33 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

To be honest, I think Ana does a lot to deliberately trigger Meghan. I can’t stand Meghan, but I’ve only liked Ana the last four years.  Ana is highly confident, a little arrogant, and when she’s on the show she practically pees on her chair to show dominance. 

Someone as insecure, and truly not too intelligent about their own party, as Meghan, has to be intimidated. Plus, Meghan knows a large portion of the audience wants Ana to take her job.  It takes a person with a lot more character than Meghan to be cool in that situation. 

And Ana clearly relishes doing things like mocking Meghan’s home state and calling it a litter box.  Ana is passive-aggressive, whereas Meghan is just aggressive. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, AryasMum said:

Someone as insecure, and truly not too intelligent about their own party, as Meghan, has to be intimidated. Plus, Meghan knows a large portion of the audience wants Ana to take her job.  It takes a person with a lot more character than Meghan to be cool in that situation. 

I've always said Meghan is a deeply insecure person.  She overcompensates for that and what she thinks is confidence is obnoxiousness.

11 minutes ago, AryasMum said:

And Ana clearly relishes doing things like mocking Meghan’s home state and calling it a litter box.  Ana is passive-aggressive, whereas Meghan is just aggressive. 

Can't blame Ana too much for that.  Meghan and people close to Meghan have said some pretty shitty things about and to Ana.  

Meghan is clearly threatened by any woman she thinks is going to perceived as being better than her.  Whether it's a fellow Republican or a View co host.  She also is a jealous person by nature as her remarks about destroying her husband's property and him too if  he ever cheated on her prove.

• Love 19
50 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

I've always said Meghan is a deeply insecure person.  She overcompensates for that and what she thinks is confidence is obnoxiousness.

Can't blame Ana too much for that.  Meghan and people close to Meghan have said some pretty shitty things about and to Ana.  

Meghan is clearly threatened by any woman she thinks is going to perceived as being better than her.  Whether it's a fellow Republican or a View co host.  She also is a jealous person by nature as her remarks about destroying her husband's property and him too if  he ever cheated on her prove.

Oh if I have to choose a side, it’s Ana’s. But she  definitely enjoys getting under the Princess of Arizona’s skin. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, AryasMum said:

To be honest, I think Ana does a lot to deliberately trigger Meghan. I can’t stand Meghan, but I’ve only liked Ana the last four years.  Ana is highly confident, a little arrogant, and when she’s on the show she practically pees on her chair to show dominance. 

I agree about Ana only being likable the last few years. We seem to kind of be in the minority on this board with that. Much as Ana > Meghan, Ana can indeed be arrogant. I know I've mentioned this in the favorite host post, but anyone who thinks Ana is always nice and polite and just spicy and witty when she's not, look up footage of her on Bill Maher's show.

Agree with you about the passive-aggressive too. Normally passive-aggressive types bother me more than straight aggressive types, but Meghan is just so nasty that in this case I take the passive aggression. Ana reminds me of that friend we all have. Smart person, good person, but fancies herself as smarter than she is and could be a little rude sometimes. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

What I like about Ana even pre-Trump, was even though I may have vehemently disagreed with her, she could explain her point in a way that I could understand why she held her position.   Her explanation on why she and other republicans have voted for democrats was spot on. And a great response to MM’s true conservative rant.   Ana pretty much called  MM complicit in legitimizing and enabling Trump and his lies.   

• Love 17
3 hours ago, AryasMum said:

To be honest, I think Ana does a lot to deliberately trigger Meghan. I can’t stand Meghan, but I’ve only liked Ana the last four years.  Ana is highly confident, a little arrogant, and when she’s on the show she practically pees on her chair to show dominance

I can't tell you how much I enjoyed this comment ... LOLOL.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Cozytea said:

I love Ana. Did you hear Meghan say,  can I get in here ( trying again to have the last word), when Ana finshed . Joy just moved on 😄.  It's these small moments that I keep coming back on Fridays. 

I LOVED that! Especially since she just assumes that those that proclaimed themselves "Never Trumpers" switched parties. No, they didn't. They still considered themselves to be Republicans/Conservatives, etc., just like Twatty keeps saying every damn day she's on the show.

And when Ana spoke about those she knew who voted Democrat, when they were Republicans, she was providing proof that they chose country over party. So Twat can just STFU, about proclaiming herself as the only "'Trooooo Bluuuuuu, er, Reddddddddd Conservative' Republican" Along with her whataboutisms.

25 minutes ago, After7Only said:

What I like about Ana even pre-Trump, was even though I may have vehemently disagreed with her, she could explain her point in a way that I could understand why she held her position.   Her explanation on why she and other republicans have voted for democrats was spot on. And a great response to MM’s true conservative rant.   Ana pretty much called  MM complicit in legitimizing and enabling Trump and his lies.   

I don't see Ana as passive-aggressive at all. She is who she is and has stayed true to it. She didn't compromise her beliefs. And she is smart. She's a lawyer, too. I watched her on Maher's show. I don't ever recall her demonizing anyone, even though I disagreed with what she had to say. Just as I mocked Nicolle when she was on Maher's show, whining, and slamming her hand on the table repeatedly. Going into more detail would be off topic, so I'll leave it at that.

What I enjoy when Joy is moderating is that Joy asks each host a different question about what is going on. She didn't ask the same question of Sara, Sunny, Ana and Twatty to get their thoughts and opinions. While still in the realm of the same topic, they were different questions.

• Love 13
5 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I know!  She sour mood is so incongruous with (to?) her whimsical hairstyles and makeup. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, After7Only said:

Same. When she was on in 2015, I still liked her when she was mostly disagreeing with the other ladies. She's someone that you can disagree with and still things never get personal.

I thought today's show was great. I even liked the interview despite it being all fluff. Queen Latifah is a joy.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 11
10 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

What I enjoy when Joy is moderating is that Joy asks each host a different question about what is going on. She didn't ask the same question of Sara, Sunny, Ana and Twatty to get their thoughts and opinions. While still in the realm of the same topic, they were different questions.

Yes. Instead of stoned Whoopi stumbling through and asking each co-host the same question, Joy is actually paying attention and asking the co-hosts a different take on the topic. 

15 hours ago, Cozytea said:

I love Ana. Did you hear Meghan say,  can I get in here ( trying again to have the last word), when Ana finshed . Joy just moved on 😄.  It's these small moments that I keep coming back on Fridays. 

So this was after MeAgain already did her best to throw shade at Ana, and Ana threw it right back. And MeAgain wanted to rebut. But, Joy was doing the Black History Month segment, so MeAgain had interrupted that. Joy was pissed. And she said so, by saying, this is important, I am starting over. So not only did MeAgain not get to rebut Ana, but she got reprimanded by Joy. 

Brady Bunch Oh My Nose GIF

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
15 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Yes!  All Whoopee does is ask, well, what did You think of it to each of them, versus Joy seeming to have listened to what the others have said and modifying her question to get a different side of it.  Or maybe I just prefer Joy.  Whoopee adds nothing to the show at all.

• Love 15
4 hours ago, cinsaysit said:

Yes!  All Whoopee does is ask, well, what did You think of it to each of them, versus Joy seeming to have listened to what the others have said and modifying her question to get a different side of it.  Or maybe I just prefer Joy.  Whoopee adds nothing to the show at all.

Whoopi probably doesn't even know the topic at hand. Her question to every cohost is an all-encompassing: "What do you think about all this, <Sunny>?"

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Whoopi probably doesn't even know the topic at hand. Her question to every cohost is an all-encompassing: "What do you think about all this, <Sunny>?"

and sometimes she doesn't say the <Sunny> part so nobody knows who the question is aimed at

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Late to the party cuz of the trial, but just finished watching Tuesday's "show" of moderator incompetence. Whoopi ("do your homework"), after opining at length about the Britney Spears documentary admits she hasn't seen it yet (all the others had), then also after encouraging everyone to watch Pryanka Chopra "JONES" movie, admits she hasn't seen it. She also admitted not having seen a single episode of Fran Liebowitz' brilliant series, while all the others clearly were familiar with it. Aside from suckling Alex and the family, she has ONE JOB TO DO!

• Love 15
13 hours ago, deirdra said:

and sometimes she doesn't say the <Sunny> part so nobody knows who the question is aimed at

or says the name after a delay because she's trying to remember whose name goes where it says "fill in with next panelist's name" on her cue card

she may have a bunch of awards, but if there was one for talk show host, she would be on the bottom of the list to get nominated.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

I finally saw Friday's show on my DVR last night. All I can say is : "I hope Ben gives his wife Meganutz a mirror for Valentine's Day. "

And a map so she can figure out where she lives.

• LOL 8

I am catching up on this week's eps. I know I saw a comment here about how Whoopi wrecked the soap stars names. What is funny about that is that they were ABC soap stars' names she bungled, and they are not young'uns. Like Kassie De Paiva (who co-hosted many times on The View) and Finola Hughes.

And then Whoopi went on to say how much she missed the soaps and how sad it is they no longer exist! Ha Ha!! 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
On 2/13/2021 at 7:25 PM, pachebo said:

Late to the party cuz of the trial, but just finished watching Tuesday's "show" of moderator incompetence. Whoopi ("do your homework"), after opining at length about the Britney Spears documentary admits she hasn't seen it yet (all the others had), then also after encouraging everyone to watch Pryanka Chopra "JONES" movie, admits she hasn't seen it. She also admitted not having seen a single episode of Fran Liebowitz' brilliant series, while all the others clearly were familiar with it. Aside from suckling Alex and the family, she has ONE JOB TO DO!

Yeah, I don't get it .  if she didn't see the Britney Spears documentary, fine.  but when a guest is going to be on the show - DO YOUR HOMEWORK! 

At times, Whoopi is like if you had a group of kindergartners pretending to be on a talk show -  "Timmy, what's YOUR favorite color?"  "Suzy, what's YOUR favorite color?"  

• LOL 5
  • Love 3